G.I. Joe: Resolute (mini-series written by Warren Ellis.)

Anime, cartoons and 3D. Animated shorts and features. And don't forget the animation genius in Bulgaria.

G.I. Joe: Resolute (mini-series written by Warren Ellis.)

Postby BuckyO'harre on Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:17 pm

"G.I. Joe: Resolute"

Hasbro announced today that G.I. Joe: Resolute, an adult fan oriented animated mini-series, will be broadcast via Cartoon Network’s Adult Swim on television as well as online. Based on the classic G.I. JOE brand, Hasbro created 60 minutes of total content for this new story which will be presented as 11 episodes.

Beginning on April 17, fans will be able to see the first five minutes of the brand new, stand-alone animated mini-series on AdultSwim.com. These episodes are broken down to ten 5-minute episodes and one 10-minute finale. Following the first episode on April 17, subsequent installments will be posted on the Adult Swim website leading up to a full presentation of the entire series. This finale will be broadcast on Adult Swim April 25 at midnight. This televised event will not only feature all episodes seen online, but will be the first time fans can watch the final 10 minutes of the G.I. Joe: Resolute saga. All episodes, including the finale, will be available to view online after this airing.

Hasbro developed the animation with executive producer Sam Register as well as a powerhouse creative team at Titmouse Studios including Joaquim Dos Santos, a veteran animation director, who worked closely with award-winning comic writer Warren Ellis, who penned the entire series. This highly regarded team brings an edgy, intense feel to the series, which will feature the most popular characters in the G.I. JOE vs. COBRA canon. Iconic characters such Duke, Snake Eyes, Scarlett and Roadblock will do battle with Cobra Commander, Destro, Baroness and Storm Shadow.

Trailer here.

This seems much more promising than the live action flick.
Thank you, Zoners, for the kindness, tolerance, and enlightenment you've shared with me. It may not have been deserved, but it was greatly appreciated nonetheless. Soupy twist.
BuckyO'harre
AIRWOLF PLUS

Re: G.I. Joe: Resolute (mini-series written by Warren Ellis.)

Postby Vegeta on Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:35 pm

Ah, I miss the old G.I. Joe animated movies... I say bring this on!
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby King Psyz on Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:11 pm

King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:19 pm

I'll check it out.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fievel on Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:15 pm

It had better have the mini-episodes with a moral at the end!!!!!
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Fried Gold on Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:46 pm

Trailer here on Youtube, in case you're not in the US.

...looks like Ghost in the Shell. Should've called it Action Force.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby bastard_robo on Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:40 am

Thought this was fairly sweet. Though it wasnt with out its problems..

It came off like an extended GI JOE episode, literally. There were a bunch of references in it that were aimed a Joe fans, and all the build up was to a soso pay off, but it forgive it because it was done in a really badass, more hardcore way.

Good times though..
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby buster00 on Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:10 pm

I finally sat down and caught all the episodes. Pretty well done, especially considering that Ellis wasn't familiar with the characters when he signed on for it.
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Return to Animation