Glenn Martin, DDS (on NICKatNITE)

Anime, cartoons and 3D. Animated shorts and features. And don't forget the animation genius in Bulgaria.

Glenn Martin, DDS (on NICKatNITE)

Postby Maui on Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:38 pm

Anyone plan on watching this?

"Glenn Martin, DDS" follows the adventures of traveling dentist, Glenn Martin, and his family. After learning that his favorite childhood park is about to be destroyed, Glenn takes his family�wife Jackie, hormone-addled 13-year-old Conor, power suit-wearing 11-year-old Courtney, Courtney�s overachieving assistant Wendy, and Canine, the family dog�on a cross-country road trip to protest the demolition. Although the protest is ultimately a bust, Glenn and Jackie realize that the trip has brought their family closer together and they decide to keep on traveling. Along the way, Glenn discovers that hitting the road is more complicated than it sounds, and learns through various run-ins (with mobsters, the Amish, and psychotic navigators) that the road often hits back in unexpected and hilarious ways.

Premieres Aug 10th.
Maui
WoWie

Re: Glenn Martin, DDS (on NICKatNITE)

Postby Maui on Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:51 pm

Alrighty then, I'll report back after I've watched the 1st episode as I'm sure you are all very anxious to hear just how good this show is! :evil:
Maui
WoWie

Postby BuckyO'harre on Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:46 am

Don't take that tone of emoticon with me!
I'll give it a try if and when it's available online.(No cable :( )

Oh, and is this a new direction for NaN to capture some of the Adult Swim crowd, or had they already been showing stuff more risque' than Roseanne since I've watched?
Thank you, Zoners, for the kindness, tolerance, and enlightenment you've shared with me. It may not have been deserved, but it was greatly appreciated nonetheless. Soupy twist.
BuckyO'harre
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Maui on Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:54 am

BuckyO'harre wrote:Don't take that tone of emoticon with me!
I'll give it a try if and when it's available online.(No cable :( )

Oh, and is this a new direction for NaN to capture some of the Adult Swim crowd, or had they already been showing stuff more risque' than Roseanne since I've watched?

Definitely a new direction for NickatNite - they want to be edgier and gain that older audience. I think Roseanne is the raunchiest show Nick has ever aired.

Here's an interesting article on the show with Eisner's thoughts along with mention of creator (Celebrity Deathmatch animator, Eric Fogel).
Maui
WoWie

Postby buster00 on Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:39 am

You know what Nick At Nite should do if they want to capture the older audience? They should show reruns of classic TV shows from the 50s and 60s. That would be a good idea.
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Maui on Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:23 pm

buster00 wrote:You know what Nick At Nite should do if they want to capture the older audience? They should show reruns of classic TV shows from the 50s and 60s. That would be a good idea.

You mean copy TVLand? ;)
Maui
WoWie

Postby buster00 on Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:45 am

Maui wrote:
buster00 wrote:You know what Nick At Nite should do if they want to capture the older audience? They should show reruns of classic TV shows from the 50s and 60s. That would be a good idea.

You mean copy TVLand? ;)

Come to think of it, TVLand should do that too 8-)
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Maui on Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:27 pm

A laugh track??????? :roll:

FAIL.

Variety seems to share my same sentiments on this dud.
Maui
WoWie

Postby Ribbons on Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:14 am

IPAMPILASH. I was just about to bust into this thread and go "it has a laff track!!!" I caught an episode tonight and it was... not UN-bad...
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Maui on Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:04 pm

Ribbons wrote:IPAMPILASH. I was just about to bust into this thread and go "it has a laff track!!!" I caught an episode tonight and it was... not UN-bad...

I know, huh? It's OK I just really hate having a laugh track dictate when I should laugh. Let me decide.
Maui
WoWie

Return to Animation