Sir Billi (w/Sir Sean,Shirley Bassey,and a Beaver!)

Anime, cartoons and 3D. Animated shorts and features. And don't forget the animation genius in Bulgaria.

Sir Billi (w/Sir Sean,Shirley Bassey,and a Beaver!)

Postby BuckyO'harre on Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:02 pm

Synopsis- "When tragedy strikes in the highlands, there can be only one Scotsman for the job - Sir William Sedgewick, aka Billi! This is an adventure story about the power of a remote Scottish, but yet international community held together by the eccentric, skate-boarding veterinarian and their race to save an illegal fugitive – Bessie Boo the beaver! Sir Billi and the village clash with the law in their fight to rescue Bessie! As they brave treacherous ravines and hazardous waters in the battle to save the illegal beaver the question remains - who will get to her first?"

Producers at Billi Productions Ltd have announced that Scotland's first animated feature film staring the voice of legendery Scotsman, Sir Sean Connery supported by Alan Cumming, Miriam Margolyes, Ruby Wax, Ford Kiernan, Greg Hempill, Barbara Rafferty, John Amabile, Larry Sullivan and NYC based Amy Sacco to name but a few of this exciting cast, are due to complete post production in 2010.

John Fortune-Fraser Co-Producer said: "It's been a long journey but worth every mile. We have produced something here that we are all incredibly proud of. Something that is original and innovative produced right here in Scotland and worthy of global recognition - that's a feat in itself! The company's tagline - 'Born in Scotland, created for the world' is even more apt than ever. Director Sascha Hartmann and his team have done an absolutley amazing job".

Co-Producer Tessa Hartmann continued: "It's not easy to complete a project on this scale in the current market climate. We have 'climbed' many mountains as a small independent animation house but have delivered a level of quality of animation that we beleive will position us on the international map. Our film really has an distinctive look which according to our focus groups, has really come across to our test audiences."

Official site

Shirley Bassey to sing title song.
The voices of Shirley Bassey and Sean Connery have been drawn together on a feature for the first time since they were both involved in "Goldfinger" back in the day.

Bassey has signed up to sing the title song named "Guardian of the Highlands" for the CGI animated movie "Sir Billi," which stars Connery's voice.

After five years in production, the feature created by husband-and-wife team Sascha and Tessa Hartmann is in postproduction and due for completion in 2010.

Connery is an exec producer and has been heavily involved with the independent studio project since its inception.
BuckyO'harre
AIRWOLF PLUS

Re: Sir Billi (w/Sir Sean,Shirley Bassey,and a Beaver!)

Postby Pacino86845 on Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:18 pm

I thought Connery was retired!?
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby Nachokoolaid on Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:25 pm

He's back!

Next stop... THORIN OAKENSHIELD!
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Ribbons on Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:27 pm

Yeah... maybe he's making an exception for this movie because they've been working on it (to some degree, anyway) since 2004
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby magicmonkey on Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:30 pm

Pacino86845 wrote:I thought Connery was retired!?

Sounds like a tag line.

Not too excited about this. AT ALL. Luck TEH SUCKETH. Which reminds me, I must watch Max and Mary.

Hmmm... that beaver though...
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby BuckyO'harre on Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:05 pm

So... it doesn't look good.
It is Scotland's first try though,so I'll cut it some slack.

If nothing else,I'll probably be able to add Connery to my list of actors who's final roles were animated.

Thank you, Zoners, for the kindness, tolerance, and enlightenment you've shared with me. It may not have been deserved, but it was greatly appreciated nonetheless. Soupy twist.
BuckyO'harre
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby so sorry on Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:12 pm

BuckyO'harre wrote:So... it doesn't look good.

You sir, are too kind.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Return to Animation