DC Direct to Video Releases

Anime, cartoons and 3D. Animated shorts and features. And don't forget the animation genius in Bulgaria.

DC Direct to Video Releases

Postby TobyEgg on Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:03 pm

Is anyone else obsessed with the DC Animated Direct To Video releases? I am getting into comics and comic characters very late in life I'll be 42 in July, but the DC Universe Animated DVD's are my window into an amazing world. From New Frontier to Crisis on Two Earths I have been emersed in truly good storytelling and amazing visuals. I am happy they are not using the same actors for every release, I am extremely happy they are using the style of the original graphic novels (especially New Frontiers).
I am new to this forum as well so I am not sure how much talk there has been about these DTV's I kind of feel like they are my own disocovery...hahaha.
TobyEgg
GLIB

Re: DC Direct to Video Releases

Postby so sorry on Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:39 pm

TobyEgg wrote:Is anyone else obsessed with the DC Animated Direct To Video releases? I am getting into comics and comic characters very late in life I'll be 42 in July, but the DC Universe Animated DVD's are my window into an amazing world. From New Frontier to Crisis on Two Earths I have been emersed in truly good storytelling and amazing visuals. I am happy they are not using the same actors for every release, I am extremely happy they are using the style of the original graphic novels (especially New Frontiers).
I am new to this forum as well so I am not sure how much talk there has been about these DTV's I kind of feel like they are my own disocovery...hahaha.

Welcome TobyEgg!

I'm personally not one of the comic book geeks we (proudly) have here in the Zone, but we do have a whole sub-forum dedicated to the Comic Book medium, so dig in!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheButcher on Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:02 pm

Batman: Under the Red Hood Trailer
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby buster00 on Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:34 pm

TheButcher wrote:Batman: Under the Red Hood Trailer

Looks pretty cool, but I don't think much of Batman's voice in this trailer.
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TobyEgg on Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:27 pm

Yea, but I like the fact they keep trying different actors in these roles.I use to think Kevin Conroy was the be all end all Batman voice....but did you see New Frontiers....Jeremy Sisto is AMAZING as the Bat....
TobyEgg
GLIB

Postby SilentBobX on Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:53 pm

This to me is the way to go as far as superheroes. Leaving them animated and not live action drops all pretense as the best way to interpret these characters. It harkens back to the saturday mornings of old when we'd wait all week to catch our favorite superheroes on tv. Whether it be the filmation Superman/Batman or Challenge of the Superfriends, that was our time.

Crisis on 2 Earths, New Frontiers, et al to me are the future. Instead of dropping up to 200 million on a risky live action endeavor, this is the way to go. Keep it animated, keep the action fast and furious, the writing solid, and you'll make money. Not to mention this is a great way to spotlight different characters you would NEVER get live action.

Now as far as characters that should get a direct to dvd movie all their own, I'd suggest these to DC:

Supergirl
Wild Dog
Marvel Family
Batgirl
Firestorm
Huntress
The Question

You have any favorites?

Mahalo

Mahalo
SilentBobX
AIRWOLF

Postby TheButcher on Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:51 pm

I wish they would animate Jack Kirby's New Gods!
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:34 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TobyEgg on Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:25 pm

In response to SilentBobX,
Like I said in an earlier post I am only now getting into this whole DC Universe, was never a big comic book fan growing up (what was wrong with me....) I do pick up the occasional graphic novel, I prefer to read the entire arc at one time and not have to wait for comics to come out every week (that would drive me crazy...hahaha). So I am not as well versed in the 2nd level characters.
I would love to see a "Flash" DTV, there is just something about that character that gets me...I like the Flash in the Justice League Unlimited TV show...and I like the Flash from New Frontiers a lot! So Bart or Barry allen or hell even Wally West (he was a Flash wasn't he?? lol)

I've read a little about the History and different characters who have been the Flash and a DTV about that "family" could be really interesting.
TobyEgg
GLIB

Postby TobyEgg on Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:27 pm

Also want to thank the Butcher for the great links!!!
TobyEgg
GLIB

Postby TheButcher on Wed May 12, 2010 1:03 am

TobyEgg wrote:Also want to thank the Butcher for the great links!!!

Thanks, and your welcome.

Joaquim Dos Santos Directing Upcoming Animated "DC Showcase: Jonah Hex" Short
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Tue May 25, 2010 7:51 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Sat May 29, 2010 4:08 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:00 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Superman/Batman: Apocalypse

Postby TheButcher on Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:21 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:09 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Fried Gold on Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:54 pm

The new one - Batman: Under the Red Hood - isn't bad. Certainly better than most of series so far.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby BuckyO'harre on Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:18 am

Fried Gold wrote:The new one - Batman: Under the Red Hood - isn't bad. Certainly better than most of series so far.

I have to agree.I liked it a lot more than Public Enemies or Crisis on Two Earths.
Bruce Greenwood is by far the best Conroy substitute so far.
Speaking of which,I'd like to point out that the voice in that trailer isn't his aside from the "Who do you workf for?" line.
Thank you, Zoners, for the kindness, tolerance, and enlightenment you've shared with me. It may not have been deserved, but it was greatly appreciated nonetheless. Soupy twist.
BuckyO'harre
AIRWOLF PLUS

Superman/Shazam!: The Return of Black Adam

Postby TheButcher on Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:43 pm

From The Superman Homepage:
Warner Bros. has announced a 2011 compilation DVD collecting all the "DC Showcase" animated shorts released to date.

Included with "DC Showcase: The Spectre", "DC Showcase: Jonah Hex", and "DC Showcase: Green Arrow" will be "Superman/Shazam!: The Return of Black Adam".

While the previous "DC Showcase" shorts have all run 10 minutes in length, "Superman/Shazam!: The Return of Black Adam" will run 22 minutes.

Warner Bros. will host a "DC Showcase" panel at the 2010 San Diego Comic-Con from 3.00-4.00pm on Saturday, July 24 titled "DC Showcase Original Shorts Collection: Jonah Hex, Green Arrow, and Beyond!" Executive producer Bruce Timm (DC Universe Animated Original Movies), Jonah Hex voice Thomas Jane (Hung), producer Alan Burnett (The Batman), acclaimed comics writer and fiction author Joe Lansdale, and writer/producer Greg Weisman (Young Justice) present a peek at three never-before-seen shorts. Room 7AB

"DC Showcase: Jonah Hex," Upcoming DC Showcase Animated Shorts Updates
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: All Star Superman

Postby TheButcher on Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:12 pm

From Collider @ SDCC 2010 – BATMAN: UNDER THE RED HOOD Panel

All Star Superman, the beloved storyline by Grant Morrison with artist Frank Quitely, will also be made into an animated film.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Leckomaniac on Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:41 am

TheButcher wrote:From Collider @ SDCC 2010 – BATMAN: UNDER THE RED HOOD Panel

All Star Superman, the beloved storyline by Grant Morrison with artist Frank Quitely, will also be made into an animated film.

Excellent, excellent news.

Can't wait to see it.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TheButcher on Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:28 pm

From Newsarama:
ALL STAR SUPERMAN Next DC Animated Movie
That headline says it all, as Dwayne McDuffie confirms the biggest piece of SDCC news that no one heard.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:40 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby bastard_robo on Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:05 pm

Watched SUPERMAN/BATAMN APOCOLYPSE... Rating: AWESOME
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby BuckyO'harre on Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:30 pm

bastard_robo wrote:Watched SUPERMAN/BATAMN APOCOLYPSE... Rating: AWESOME

Eh... I thought it was alright.Better than Public Enemies I guess,but not as good as Under The Red Hood.
Andre Braugher is no Darkseid.None of the menace of Michael Ironside.At least they had the sense to let Ed Asner do his wonderful Granny Goodness.

But why the hell did they put Krypto in one of the PG-13 films?
Thank you, Zoners, for the kindness, tolerance, and enlightenment you've shared with me. It may not have been deserved, but it was greatly appreciated nonetheless. Soupy twist.
BuckyO'harre
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TheButcher on Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:47 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Leckomaniac on Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:43 pm

I wasn't thrilled with the voice acting and the animation. I miss Frank Quitely's awesomeness.

I will give this a look though, for sure. It is my favorite Superman story, after all.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Pharaoh on Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:56 pm

Under the Red Hood is one of there best straight to videos. I Love Love Love the way they combined the different Robins into one story. It really makes you think about the many generations of superheroes that we have all gone through.
Pharaoh
GLIB

Postby TheButcher on Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:39 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Superman/Shazam!: The Return of Black Adam

Postby TheButcher on Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:40 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Fried Gold on Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:07 am

The Spectre short is ultimate brill skills. Go watch it now.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Re: All-Star Superman

Postby TheButcher on Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:11 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:53 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby The Garbage Man on Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:35 pm

The first clip from "Return of Black Adam," which seems to involve Captain Marvel's origin:

The Garbage Man
AIRWOLF

Postby TheButcher on Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:02 pm

ALL-STAR SUPERMAN Cover Art and Info
SAVING THE WORLD … ONE LAST TIME

MAN OF STEEL FACES THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE IN ALL-NEW DC UNIVERSE ANIMATED ORIGINAL MOVIE ALL-STAR SUPERMAN COMING FEB. 22, 2011 FROM WARNER HOME VIDEO

Grant Morrison’s beloved, Eisner Award-winning vision of Superman’s heroic final days on Earth is brought to exquisite animated life in All-Star Superman, the latest entry in the popular, ongoing series of DC Universe Animated Original Movies coming February 22, 2011 from Warner Premiere, DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Animation. The highly-anticipated, full-length film will be distributed by Warner Home Video as a Blu-Ray™ Combo Pack and 2-Disc Special Edition DVD for $24.98 (SRP), as well as single disc DVD for $19.98 (SRP). The film will also be available On Demand and for Download.

In All-Star Superman, the Man of Steel rescues an ill-fated mission to the Sun (sabotaged by Lex Luthor) and, in the process, is oversaturated by radiation – which accelerates his cell degeneration. Sensing even he will be unable to cheat death, Superman ventures into new realms – finally revealing his secret to Lois, confronting Lex Luthor’s perspective of humanity, and attempting to ensure Earth’s safety before his own impending end with one final, selfless act.

The celebrity-packed voice cast is headed by James Denton (Desperate Housewives) as Superman, Christina Hendricks (Mad Men) as Lois Lane, and Anthony LaPaglia (Without A Trace) as Lex Luthor. The stellar cast includes seven-time Emmy® Award winner Ed Asner (Up) as Perry White, Golden Globe® winner Frances Conroy (Six Feet Under) as Ma Kent, Matthew Gray Gubler (Criminal Minds) as Jimmy Olsen and Linda Cardellini (ER) as Nasty.

Arnold Vosloo (The Mummy), Catherine Cavadini (The Powerpuff Girls), Finola Hughes (General Hospital), Alexis Denisof (Angel), Obba Babatunde (That Thing You Do!), Michael Gough (Batman) and John DiMaggio (Futurama) round out the voice cast.

Based on the Eisner Award-winning DC Comics series/graphic novel of the same name by Grant Morrison with illustration by Frank Quitely, All-Star Superman is executive produced by animation guru Bruce Timm and directed by Sam Liu (Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths) from a script by acclaimed comics writer Dwayne McDuffie (Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths).

All-Star Superman 2-Disc Special Edition DVD features approximately 1 1/2 hours of exciting extra content, including:

* Feature film (est. 75 min)
* Sneak Peak at Green Lantern: Emerald Knights, the next DC Universe Animated Original Movie
* Featurette: “Superman Now” – In a moment of inspiration, Grant Morrison was provided an opportunity to revamp the Man of Steel into something modern, something more relevant for today’s audience. This is the story of All-Star Superman – where it all started, and what it came to be
* Two bonus episodes from animated television series handpicked by Bruce Timm

All-Star Superman Blu-Ray™ Combo Pack will include approximately 2 1/2 hours of intriguing bonus features, starting with all of the content available on the 2-Disc Special Edition DVD and adding:

* Featurette: “Incubating the Idea” – A conversation with Grant Morrison
* Audio Commentary: Bruce Timm and Grant Morrison
* All-Star Superman Digital Comic Book
* Standard and high definition versions of the feature film
* Digital copy on disc of the feature film

“The All-Star Superman comic was the work of two immensely talented creators at the absolute top of their game,” said Geoff Johns, Chief Creative Officer, DC Entertainment. “Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely’s All-Star Superman is one of those modern classics, and I can’t wait to see it brought to life as an animated film.”

“Grant Morrison’s fascinating comic vision comprised all the aspects of a truly great film – action, drama, fantasy, romance, sacrifice and hope – and the animation team of Bruce Timm, Sam Liu and Dwayne McDuffie have passionately translated that vision into an enthralling movie experience no Superman fan can resist,” said Hersin Magante, WHV Marketing Director of Family and Animation. “As the next entry in the ongoing series of DC Universe Animated Original Movies, All-Star Superman stands as a shining example of the creative heights possible from the partnership of Warner Premiere, DC Entertainment, Warner Bros. Animation and Warner Home Video.”
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Knights

Postby TheButcher on Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:45 am

From MTV:
New 'Green Lantern' Animated Projects In The Works?
Blair Marnell wrote:According to Comics Continuum, Warner Brothers Animation is making another "Green Lantern" direct-to-DVD animated film that will center around the origins of the Green Lantern Corps, along with the very first ring wielders. Given the suggested time frame of the story, popular Green Lanterns like Jordan, John Stewart, Guy Gardner and Kyle Rayner may not appear at all — though it should be noted that this rumor has not been confirmed by Warner Bros.

From Collider:
ALL-STAR SUPERMAN Cover Art and Info
* Sneak Peak at Green Lantern: Emerald Knights, the next DC Universe Animated Original Movie
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:34 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:51 am

From the Superman Super Site:
Anthony LaPaglia Discusses Lex Luthor Role in "All-Star Superman"
Neil Cole wrote: QUESTION: What were the challenges of creating Lex Luthor as an animated voice?

ANTHONY LAPAGLIA:
You have to understand the medium that you're in. As opposed to (on-camera) acting with another individual where it requires listening in order for you to respond, here you're having to create the question the other person would ask you in your head and then respond to it. It's a much more difficult process because there's a line between it being real and it being animated. There's a slightly different tonal quality to the way you say things, or in the way you have to make it bigger sometimes than you would naturally do in order to sell it. But not having the visual in front of you – you're kind of shooting in the dark a lot.

Q: Did you enjoy this incarnation of Lex Luthor?

LAPAGLIA:
Yeah, I did actually. I found it surprising that Lex Luthor was getting a bit spiritual (laugh). I guess it's kind of like a sign of the times where he's trying to get in touch with the inner Lex. (laugh)

Q: Can you talk about the journey Lex goes through in All-Star Superman?

LAPAGLIA:
The journey Lex Luthor takes in this film – in the beginning it’s what you'd expect: he's interested in power and world domination and Superman is the bane of his existence. And then as it progresses, there’s a slight injection of humanity, which is surprising to Lex Luthor that he's even experiencing feelings that are remotely human. So it kind of gives him an unusual arc. He definitely has more dimension to him in this film.

Q: What do you bring to Lex Luthor?

LAPAGLIA:
As a kid, I loved comic books. It's basically how I learned to read as a kid because my mother would buy them for me to keep me quiet, I think. I remember one time particularly – I was 4 or 5 years old, and I was sick and I had to stay in bed for three weeks, and so she would buy me comic books every second or third day. And I just created my own world, sitting under the covers reading Superman, Batman, Silver Surfer, a lot of the great comics.

Q: What is it about Lex Luthor that most appeals to you?

LAPAGLIA:
There's a kind of sarcastic streak in Lex Luthor that comes from that extreme confidence in his ability to do what he does. I like the attitude of him. I like that nothing really fazes him, that he feels like he has complete control over everything, therefore, he can be relaxed enough to be a smartass. A good Lex Luthor makes or breaks it for me, I think.

Q: As you’ve played so many villains, do you prefer being the bad guy?

LAPAGLIA:
I've always liked playing the baddy. Some people have a problem with getting typecast. I'm quite happy with being typecast. I don't care, as long as you're working. The truth is you could play every bad guy in a one dimensional fashion, but it's like everything else in life – everything's different and everyone's unique, so you have to find the uniqueness in the character to bring it to life.

Q: You've obviously performed in every medium available, but voiceover is relatively new for you. Does voiceover work offer you challenges or joys of acting that you don't get elsewhere?

LAPAGLIA:
I like the isolation part of it. I like that there's a certain amount of freedom, and that you're not waiting for somebody else to find their motivation. It's more challenging to come up with a believable character doing animation work than it is (in live-action). Acting is relatively easy because you have a personal one-on-one interaction with someone, therefore whatever you're doing is a lot smoother. This requires a bit more patience and you have to suspend the fact that you're in a sound stage and really commit to the material.

Q: You had a moment where you weren’t understanding Andrea Romano’s direction on a particular emotion, and Bruce Timm was able to draw Lex Luthor with an expression that depicted that emotion. Have you ever gotten direction via artwork before?

LAPAGLIA:
That made me laugh. We were trying to get that particular passage done right and I didn't quite know how to get it. It’s not an uncommon issue where you have three or four people that have three or four different takes on what it should be – it gets a little confusing sometimes if you're doing it and you're taking in all the different stuff. You want to deliver what they want but sometimes you're not sure how to quite get there. And I thought that was ingenious, actually, showing me the picture through the glass of the expression on Lex Luthor's face. It made perfect sense – Bruce is an animator. That’s what he does – so he was able to show me visually what he was looking for in my voice. I could actually see Lex’s mental state of anguish. It actually made me think of doing it a different way and that ended up working.

Q: You've earned a Tony Award, an Emmy Award and a Golden Globe -- does one of those honors mean more to you than the others?

LAPAGLIA:
To be honest, after a certain period of time they're just kind of like objects in your closet. I think that, of all of them, the one that kind of means (more) was the Tony Award because doing theatre is way, way, harder than doing anything you'll ever do on film or television. It's about real discipline. You have to go in and do eight shows a week whether you feel like it or not and, in the case where I won the Tony, it was in one of those shows where you could never phone it in. It just didn't work if you phoned it in. So, come hell or high water, I did it for a year – which is a long time to do eight shows a week. I think I missed about five in a year. Also, I think (the Tony Award) meant probably the most because it's where I started. It’s kind of what I admire the most. Theatre is what I find the most challenging. So I would say that the Tony kind of meant more. But the others are nice, too, you know (laughs).

Q: How much does a background in the theatre help in the voiceover booth?

LAPAGLIA:
The theatrical background helps you in doing (voiceover) because you've already been through a hundred different acting classes where you've had to sit on a black box and pretend that you were a lemon or an imaginary cup of coffee or whatever. There's always a part of that program that requires you to strip yourself bare and be an idiot. And if you're not prepared to do that, then you have no place being there.

Q: You had quite a lengthy list of unglamorous jobs before becoming an actor. Pro soccer player, teacher, shoe salesman, furniture restorer, sprinkler installer. And now you’re an award-winning star voicing a super villain for an animated film. How does it all tie together?

LAPAGLIA
: Well, that's glorification. I used to dig the trenches for the guy who actually installed the sprinklers. I just did the digging (laughs). I had no idea that I would be doing what I'm doing now when I was a kid. When I was a kid you could've said that I was going to be an astronaut and that would have been more realistic than doing this. So I think it ties together in that I don't really have any expectations or feelings of how things should go anymore. They go how they go and you’ve just got to roll with it. And I think it's your ability to roll with it that keeps you in the game. It's also your ability to recognize when it's changing and how you need to change with it if you want to. And I’ll tell you that from the minute I decided what I wanted to do, it's all been gravy from there. It's what I want to do. Whether I'm successful or not at it, it's what I chose to do. It wasn't what somebody told me to do, so everything that comes out of it is just a bonus.

Q: OK. But if you could do it all over again, what would you choose – acting or soccer?

LAPAGLIA:
That’s a tough one. What level of football? (laugh) Well, if I could play in Italy for a five-year career, I'd swap it. Absolutely. People don't realize how huge football players are in other parts of the world – compared to them, actors and musicians are nothing. They're doormats. You walk through Rome with Francesco Totti and I don't care who you are – nobody’s going to notice you because Francesco Totti is God. It's hard for people to conceive in this country just how important the game of football is culturally in Europe and South America, and even Asia. It's religion; it's life; it's everything.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:53 am

All-Star Superman - Luthor Confrontation:
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:04 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:25 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:04 am

'All Star Superman' Premiere Report: Cast & Creators On Missing Scenes, Clark Kent Actors, And Future DC Films
Alan Kistler wrote:When asked what fans could expect from future animated features, the panel spoke enthusiastically about "Green Lantern: Emerald Knights" starring Nathan Fillion as Hal Jordan and Hendricks' "Mad Men" cast mate Elisabeth Moss as Arisia.

Unlike a lot of DC features, "Emerald Knights" will follow the model of "Batman: Gotham Knights," showcasing an anthology of stories rather than one long feature. Several Green Lanterns will be involved, including Kilowog, Mogo, Rori Dag, and Hal Jordan’s mentor, Abin Sur. Likewise, the famous renegade Green Lantern called Sinestro will make an appearance.
Last edited by TheButcher on Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Batman: Year One

Postby TheButcher on Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:07 am

'All Star Superman' Premiere Report: Cast & Creators On Missing Scenes, Clark Kent Actors, And Future DC Films
Alan Kistler wrote:The panel also briefly discussed the upcoming animated adaptation of "Batman: Year One," the 1987 story arc that redefined the early days of Batman, Catwoman, Two-Face, and Jim Gordon, and later served as an inspiration for much of the film "Batman Begins." This animated film will be directed by Sam Liu, director of "All Star Superman."

When a fan asked if Frank Miller and Jim Lee's controversial "All Star Batman" comic book series would ever make it to animation, Dwayne McDuffie joked that if it ever did, “it would have to be Rated R.”
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:01 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:13 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:51 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:16 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby buster00 on Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:58 pm

I saw All Star Superman over the weekend. Excellent adaptation of an excellent book. Highest recommendation! Fluid animation, solid character construction...if you like Superman even a little bit, you'll dig it.
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Next

Return to Animation