Despicable Me

Anime, cartoons and 3D. Animated shorts and features. And don't forget the animation genius in Bulgaria.

Despicable Me

Postby Maui on Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:37 am

Tacky tourists and inflatable pyramids, trailer here for Despicable Me.

Lending their voice talents are Steve Carell, Jason Segel, Russell Brand, Kristen Wiig, Will Arnett, Danny McBride, Jemaine Clement, Miranda Cosgrove and Julie Andrews.
Maui
WoWie

Re: Despicable Me

Postby Maui on Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:15 am

Despicable Me 2nd trailer, this film looks like alot of fun and silly too. The music playing sounds like Herb Albert and the Tijuana Brass.
Maui
WoWie

Postby DennisMM on Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:58 pm

My father loved Alpert. I'm pretty sure it's them. Gosh, the figures look like The Incredibles. They need to rethink some of the design work for these pictures.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby Maui on Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:11 pm

DennisMM wrote:My father loved Alpert. I'm pretty sure it's them. Gosh, the figures look like The Incredibles. They need to rethink some of the design work for these pictures.

Alpert is cool.

Yeah, villian #1 looks like an androgynous version of Edna Mode. :lol:
Maui
WoWie

Postby Bloo on Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:54 pm

Maui wrote:Despicable Me 2nd trailer, this film looks like alot of fun and silly too. The music playing sounds like Herb Albert and the Tijuana Brass.

good cast but I don't like the design owrk and it looks like a riff on Spy vs Spy...even down to the long pointy nose on Gru...could be good though
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby Maui on Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:36 am

Bloo wrote:riff on Spy vs Spy...even down to the long pointy nose on Gru...could be good though

I thought he looked more like an overweight Dr. Evil....with a long pointy nose and it wasn't because of his pinky gesture. ;)
Maui
WoWie

Postby Maui on Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:05 pm

Opens July 9th, looks like a fun tribute to spy films with some great voice actors along for the ride.

Some early buzz on this film is rather positive.
Maui
WoWie

Postby Peven on Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:40 pm

"its so FLUFFY!!!"

i will be checking it out

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Nachokoolaid on Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:55 pm

Does this seem like they just aped all of the old SPY VS SPY stuff, changed the character designs/names/ titles and such to avoid a lawsuit? It really seems that way to me.

But I have to admit, it does look somewhat entertaining.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby papalazeru on Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:18 pm

Peven wrote:"its so FLUFFY!!!"

i will be checking it out

yeah, I saw that and nearly pissed myself laughing.

I need to see this movie.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Despicable Me

Postby tfactor on Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:15 am

So anyway the wife and I went to see Despicable Me this past weekend in eye poping, jaw dropping, hand job giving - 3D! ok maybe not that last one but I can't seem to locate the damn thread for this movie. Which I gather means either #1 people could care less about this movie or #2 those who did drag their screaming kids to see it, don't have time to screw around on a movie forum website. So I understand my demographic audience for any movie review is very very small here but still: when I spend $34 dollars for the wife and I to go see something in theatres - I want to post something about it here in the zone!

so who do I have to 3D to get some help finding the thread for Despicable Me?
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby so sorry on Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:20 am

Ta da! A new thread you ask? A new thread ye shall recieve!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby tfactor on Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:59 am

:shock:

Wow! Now I am creating threads using only my subconscious mind ...

So yeah Despicable Me - it was cute and there was a couple parts which had us really laughing but there were so many other parts which the children around us felt were hysterical and some even seemed to know what was coming. It was kinda like having an older brother go to a movie with you which he has already seen.

"watch this is the part where the bad guy ..." - these were words I heard a couple time and they are NOT IDEAL!

the worst part was this 10 year old girl behind me, actually took her little shoes off and had both feet resting on the top of my chair (near my head), so I kept madly rocking back and forth really hard in my chair to try and discourage her putting her feet up there but then after I stopped rocking; she would keep rocking my chair! So now I'm violently and unwillingly rocking in my chair by this kid as if she was saying "woo hoo that was fun, lets keep doing that" so suffice it to say; not my best movie going experience.

Then there was a scene which I found hysterical and everyone else around me was gving me weird looks about it. Well despite all this - I enjoyed the movie. However I can honestly say that if you have Not scene all of the most recent Trailers for this movie - DON'T WATCH THEM before going to see this! Because as usual they reveal some of the best jokes in the movie right in the trailer. Honestly I found myself wishing several time that I hadn't seen those scenes because it probably would have made the movie more enjoyable. Still the story was good and the minions were awesome!

So other than the obvious problems- I would give this about a 6 out of 10.

also during the credits - they really explored the hell out of how far the 3D technology could take things, which we thought was really kind of cool! Not sure if this was the same stuff the non-3Ders got but it was pretty cool. The minions were trying to see who could reach the farthest into the theatre, it was all really funny.

OK that was it, gotta go get back to work.
Enjoy!
-T
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby Ribbons on Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:45 am

so sorry wrote:
tfactor wrote:so who do I have to 3D to get some help finding the thread for Despicable Me?

A new thread you ask? A new thread ye shall recieve!

Bah! It was in the Animation forum, you putz!
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby so sorry on Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:19 pm

Ribbons wrote:
so sorry wrote:
tfactor wrote:so who do I have to 3D to get some help finding the thread for Despicable Me?

A new thread you ask? A new thread ye shall recieve!

Bah! It was in the Animation forum, you putz!

I had a 50/50 chance of being right... oh well. Merge away!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby tfactor on Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:54 pm

I think I have post traumatic merge shock
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Re: Despicable Me & Illumination Entertainment

Postby TheButcher on Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:14 pm

DEADLINE EXCLUSIVE:
'Despicable Me' Crosses $500 Million Mark
MIKE FLEMING wrote:"We couldn't be more impressed with the movie or with the global Universal and Illumination team that has made it a certifiable blockbuster," said Universal Pictures chairman Adam Fogelson and co-chairman Donna Langley in a joint statement. "This was a mammoth effort from every division of the company, and their work resulted in the film's brilliant success. To know that the first project from Chris' production company has blossomed into an enormous, franchise-launching enterprise is inspiring. We look forward to a long partnership with Illumination."

Said Meledandri: "In forming Illumination my goal was to produce movies that not only played to audiences of all ages but also played across all cultures. Despicable Me's achievement of this goal is a tribute to my directors Pierre Coffin and Chris Renaud, writers Ken Daurio and Cinco Paul and my fellow producers Janet Healy and John Cohen. In Universal I have found truly like-minded partners whose contribution to the film and its success was nothing short of spectacular."

Meledandri, who left Fox Animation to form the family film unit at Universal, next releases Hop, the CG/live action mix that features Russell Brand as the voice of the Easter Bunny, on April 1, 2011. Right behind that is Dr. Seuss' The Lorax, the Ricky Gervais-created Flanimals, a new stop-motion version of The Addams Family with Tim Burton directing, and a sequel to Despicable Me. And there are two short films featuring The Minions, the adorable yellow henchmen to the Carell-voiced mischief maker.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby ambok on Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:54 pm

this is really cool. . . :D
[url="http://www.worldwidesatellites.com/free-to-air-receivers-conaxsat-c-21_83.html"]"conaxsat"[/url]
ambok
GLIB

Postby TheButcher on Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:11 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Despicable 3

Postby TheButcher on Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:38 am

Chris Meledandri Talks Despicable Me 3 & More
Ready for single-celled Minions?
James White wrote:Despicable Me 3, meanwhile, is still in a more embryonic state, though Meledandri does admit it’s easier to come up with story ideas for it. “We are in the story phase and the early part of scripting. The experience of moving from the first film to the second film was very different from my prior times developing a sequel. When we moved from Ice Age to Ice Age 2, we were really stuck; a story didn't just organically emerge. While I'm very proud of Ice Age 2, from a storytelling sense, it's a very thin story. It was almost as if there had been a completion in the first film from just a storytelling point of view, not from the audience's love of the characters, it just wasn't leading to another story.”

So you shouldn’t expect the Despicable Me films to stop any time soon. “When we feel like Gru's story is complete, we'll stop making the movies, but right now, what ends up happening is that as we explore stories, there's so much left to tell. Leaving the last film he's married, he's raising the girls, he has completed this work where all of a sudden where he was working on the side of good. But there's just a lot more that collectively, Cinco Paul and Ken Daurio and Pierre Coffin are finding is interesting to explore.”

The Minions will jabber into cinemas on June 26 next year.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:47 am

Why Universal's 'Minions' are the perfect 21st century movie stars
We'll see a lot more of these little yellow weirdos
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Despicable Me & Illumination Entertainment

Postby TheButcher on Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:26 pm

Illumination's Chris Meledandri Talks Success Secrets, Rumors He'll Head DreamWorks
As the man behind those secretive pets, chattering minions and the villainous Gru, THR's Animation Producer of the Year has made Illumination Entertainment — next up with 'Sing' — a major player in less than a decade.

An Inside Look at Illumination's 24/7 Operation, From L.A. to Paris
"Our comedies have a little bit of an edge; they are not saccharine," says Janet Healy, photographed Nov. 10 at the Illumination office in Paris.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Despicable M3

Postby TheButcher on Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:56 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Return to Animation