FOX to reboot The Flintstones

Anime, cartoons and 3D. Animated shorts and features. And don't forget the animation genius in Bulgaria.

FOX to reboot The Flintstones

Postby Fievel on Mon May 16, 2011 11:15 pm

I'm a huge fan of Family Guy/American Dad/Cleveland.......

.....but I don't think this is a good idea.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Re: FOX to reboot The Flintstones

Postby Ribbons on Mon May 16, 2011 11:52 pm

Say whaaaaa...?
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby minstrel on Mon May 16, 2011 11:53 pm

I don't think it's a good idea either. Too much of the humor was sexist, and that attitude won't fly these days. I don't see this working at all.
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency

Postby tapehead on Mon May 16, 2011 11:55 pm

minstrel wrote:Too much of the humor was sexist, and that attitude won't fly these days.

Are you familiar with 'The Family Guy'?
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby Bloo on Tue May 17, 2011 12:05 am

you've got to be fucking kidding me
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby minstrel on Tue May 17, 2011 12:32 am

tapehead wrote:
minstrel wrote:Too much of the humor was sexist, and that attitude won't fly these days.

I've heard of it, but I don't watch it. As I get older I find that more and more pop culture isn't part of my life. Sorry, Seth. I don't watch your shows.
minstrel

Postby DerLanghaarige on Tue May 17, 2011 3:23 am

So it will be one of the rare reboots of an old Hanna/Barbera cartoon, where the 50 years old original will have far superior animation than its remake.
Also why does McFarlane think, he could do a series about a studly husband, his pretty wife and a wacky pet? He never did anything like that before!
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby Al Shut on Tue May 17, 2011 4:52 am

I bet he'll keep the annoying alien
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby tapehead on Tue May 17, 2011 10:53 am

minstrel wrote:
tapehead wrote:

I've heard of it, but I don't watch it. As I get older I find that more and more pop culture isn't part of my life. Sorry, Seth. I don't watch your shows.

What I mean is, attitudes haven't changed perhaps as much as you think, plenty of the humour on McFarlane's shows rely upon sexism... and racism... and a prejudice of all kinds - just like the Honeymooners.

Al Shut wrote:I bet he'll keep the annoying alien

Oh man, the moment The Great Gazoo showed up, Fred jumped the shark as far as I was concerned.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby so sorry on Tue May 17, 2011 10:58 am

tapehead wrote:

Oh man, the moment The Great Gazoo showed up, Fred jumped the shark as far as I was concerned.

Hello Dum dum!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fievel on Tue May 17, 2011 11:10 am

tapehead wrote:
minstrel wrote:
tapehead wrote:

What I mean is, attitudes haven't changed perhaps as much as you think, plenty of the humour on McFarlane's shows rely upon sexism... and racism... and a prejudice of all kinds - just like the Honeymooners.

And then there's their neighbors the Gruesomes.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Thu May 19, 2011 8:32 pm

In an effort to jazz it up for current audiences I imagine Pebbles and Bam Bam will be made teenagers and will get caught making out in the pool that straddles the Flintstone/Rubble properties.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby minstrel on Thu May 19, 2011 8:46 pm

Tyrone_Shoelaces wrote:In an effort to jazz it up for current audiences I imagine Pebbles and Bam Bam will be made teenagers and will get caught making out in the pool that straddles the Flintstone/Rubble properties.

Bam Bam will have to be careful - he's super-strong!

Actually, it would change the whole family dynamics if the kids are making out. Probably better to stick with them being really young.
minstrel

Postby BuckyO'harre on Thu May 19, 2011 10:18 pm

minstrel wrote:
Tyrone_Shoelaces wrote:In an effort to jazz it up for current audiences I imagine Pebbles and Bam Bam will be made teenagers and will get caught making out in the pool that straddles the Flintstone/Rubble properties.

Actually, it would change the whole family dynamics if the kids are making out. Probably better to stick with them being really young.

Already happened in the Pebbles and Bam-Bam Show,and then they were married in the tv movies.
BuckyO'harre
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby minstrel on Thu May 19, 2011 10:53 pm

BuckyO'harre wrote:
minstrel wrote:

Already happened in the Pebbles and Bam-Bam Show,and then they were married in the tv movies.

And how well did those work out? Does anybody remember them fondly?
minstrel

Postby Bloo on Thu May 19, 2011 10:56 pm

minstrel wrote:
BuckyO'harre wrote:
minstrel wrote:

And how well did those work out? Does anybody remember them fondly?

starts to raise hand slowly then quickly puts it down
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby King Psyz on Thu May 19, 2011 10:57 pm

I actually think this will turn out ok...

I mean it's pretty obvious Seth based his entire career on the mold created by the Flintstones, and seems to have a deep respect for the property.

It's kinda smart, I mean the Simpsons are a juggernaut, but something tells me it's time is coming to a close and what better replacement than TV's first animated family?

I saw a joke on fark that all the celebrities would be named Rock McQuarry regardless of who they're supposed to be. I know it was snark, but that would be HI LARIOUS.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby TheButcher on Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:09 pm

‘The Flintstones’ Reboot Put On Hold Due To Seth MacFarlane’s Overcrowded Schedule
NELLIE ANDREEVA wrote:EXCLUSIVE: Seth MacFarlane is human! The A-list showrunner, who is juggling four series, a movie and a music career, has reached a mutual agreement with Fox, 20th Century Fox TV and Warner Bros. TV to put the high-profile reboot of The Flintstones on hold as his insane workload has not allowed him to give the project the needed attention. Reps for MacFarlane, the network and the studio confirmed the decision, declining further comment.

After two years of complex dealmaking between 20th TV, where MacFarlane is based, and WBTV, which has the rights to the classic Hanna-Barbera series, the new Flintstones was announced at Fox’s upfront presentation last May with a straight-to-series order to launch in 2013. MacFarlane had been the driver behind the project as for him it was a childhood dream-come-true — by his own admission, the very first cartoon character he drew at age 2 was Fred Flintstone. MacFarlane was to co-write The Flintstones reboot, a co-production between 20th TV and WBTV, with Dan Palladino (Gilmore Girls) and executive produce it with him and Kara Vallow (Family Guy). To meet the 2013 target premiere date, The Flintsones was supposed to start production last fall, something that proved impossible as MacFarlane had been hard at work on his feature directorial debut Ted, his three Fox animated shows and another series for the network, an updated version of Carl Sagan’s classic Cosmos. MacFarlane is still busy doing post-production on Ted, a live-action/CGI comedy, which he also co-wrote and is voicing the title character for. The Universal-distributed film, starring Mark Wahlberg, opens July 13. On the TV side, MacFarlane has Fox’s Family Guy, American Dan and The Cleveland Show, all of which have been renewed for next season. (In addition to serving as executive producer on all three, MacFarlane also voices characters on two, Family Guy and American Dad.) Additionally, MacFarlane is shepherding another long-time passion project, the new 13-part docu-series Cosmos: A Space-Time Odyssey, which is slated for a 2013 premiere.

And then there is MacFarlane’s music career. His debut studio album as a singer, Music is Better Than Words, was released last September and went on to earn Grammy nomination in the Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album category alongside such music heavyweights as Barbra Streisand, Tony Bennett and Harry Connick Jr. and Susan Boyle.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Al Shut on Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:51 am

I am shocked :shock:

that Seth MacFarlane has a music career.
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Re: Warner Bros. to reboot The Flintstones

Postby TheButcher on Wed May 07, 2014 6:15 pm

New 'Flintstones' Movie in the Works at Warner Bros. (Exclusive)
Will Ferrell and Adam McKay are executive producing through their Gary Sanchez Productions banner.
Borys Kit wrote:Warner Bros. is hoping to bring The Flintstones back to the big-screen, this time as a full-length animated feature.

Chris Henchy -- who is partners with Will Ferrell and Adam McKay in Gary Sanchez Productions and who also co-wrote the script for Warners' Ferrell-Zack Galifianakis comedy The Campaign -- is penning the script.

Ferrell and McKay will executive produce Flintstones, which is in development stages.

Flintstones was The Simpsons of its day, a primetime cartoon and sitcom that ran from 1960 to 1966 and then entertained millions in the ensuing decades when it aired on syndication.

The show was set in the Stone Age and told of the antics of Fred Flintstone, his wife Wilma, his best friend Barney Rubble and Rubble’s wife and Wilma’s best friend, Betty. From the town of Bedrock, Fred worked in a quarry, liked to barbecue brontosaurus burgers and live the modern stone age family life.

The show had several short-lived reboots over the decades (Seth McFarlane recently tried to mount one but tabled it after the pilot script didn’t wow) and has a solid hold in pop culture.

Universal made the live-action 1994 movie (Steven Spielberg was one of the producers) that starred John Goodman, Elizabeth Perkins, Rick Moranis, and Rosie O’Donnell. Elizabeth Taylor played Flintstone’s mother-in-law. The movie was famous for having had 32 writers work on the script.

Warners picked up the rights to Flintstones as part of Time Warners’ 1996 acquisition of Turner Broadcasting, which had bought Flintstones producers and animation powerhouse Hanna-Barbera in 1991.

Andrew Fischel and Cate Adams are spearheading the project.

Henchy is repped by CAA.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:48 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby so sorry on Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:52 am

so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheButcher on Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:01 am

so sorry wrote:

Nice cans on Wilma.

"I knew you were sick but I never expected to hear you actually say that kind of stuff"
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheBaxter on Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:59 am

pebbles was hot.

WHAT!?1?!? she grew up...

TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Al Shut on Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:38 am

You should have gone with the adult version instead with the teenage high school one :lol:
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby TheButcher on Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:32 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: DC Comics' Flintstones Reboot

Postby TheButcher on Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:04 am

The Flintstones: The Funniest Comic On Stands
DC Comics' Flintstones reboot is savage. And hilarious.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Return to Animation