PIXAR's BRAVE

Anime, cartoons and 3D. Animated shorts and features. And don't forget the animation genius in Bulgaria.

PIXAR's BRAVE

Postby so sorry on Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:57 pm

trailer

Figured this deserved its own thread.

Looks ok. Probably a bit too 'strong' for my 5 year old daughter, but maybe i'll give it a shot with her.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Re: PIXAR's BRAVE

Postby Ribbons on Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:37 pm

Mulan 2: Irish Boogaloo (Jig?)
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby DerLanghaarige on Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:52 pm

Oh great, another Waah-I-have-to-act-like-a-lady-but-I-would-prefer-to-go-out-and-fight-movie.
Could still be good, though.
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby minstrel on Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:39 pm

Looks good! But I'm not sure I understood that last line about "If you had the opportunity to change your feet ..."
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency

Postby so sorry on Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:13 pm

minstrel wrote:Looks good! But I'm not sure I understood that last line about "If you had the opportunity to change your feet ..."

:roll: I see what you did there...very clever!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fievel on Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:27 pm

The people look like Dreamworks characters. If Pixar was going to break their own character molds they should have tried for something completely new.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:46 am

I imagine I'll be too busy listening to Kelly MacDonald to pay attention to the movie but I'll go anyway, it does look interesting. I also imagine I'll be talking in a shitty Scottish accent for at least the 24 hours afterward.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Maui on Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:09 pm

Fievel wrote:The people look like Dreamworks characters. If Pixar was going to break their own character molds they should have tried for something completely new.

Agreed. When I first saw the teaser for this I instantly thought of the characters in How To Train Your Dragon. Pixar can do old people really well though!
Maui
WoWie

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:03 pm

There was a extended scene from Brave that played in 3D front of John Carter and it looked incredible. There was a fabulous use of the 3D space that was an improvement by miles over anything done in Toy Story 3. Was Cars 2 in 3D? I'm sure it was but I hated it in two dimensions so I've kinda blocked it out of my mind. Anyway, I'm much more curious about Brave now than I was before. I just hope the story is as good as the movie looks.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DennisMM on Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:53 pm

If I can't look at Kelly MacDonald, why would I see the movie? I kid. It looks entertaining, but I won't catch it in the theater. Maybe on DVD/BR, eventually.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby Peven on Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:13 am

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/disney/brave/

the newest trailer over at apple.quicktime

for those without the time to go there to check it out

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Fievel on Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:13 am

That trailer looks really, really good!!!! This movie has skyrocketed up my list in the past few months.

Japanese trailer (w/subtitles) that I could have sworn was posted here. Maybe in the Trailers thread.

Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:54 am

Fievel wrote:That trailer looks really, really good!!!! This movie has skyrocketed up my list in the past few months.

Japanese trailer (w/subtitles) that I could have sworn was posted here. Maybe in the Trailers thread.

so that's what japanese with a scottish accent sounds like!
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby SilentBobX on Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:42 pm

The latest trailers, including the one from the NFL Draft, have me totally hooked on this and eagerly awaiting its release. And Julie Fowlis' song makes me misty. There, I said it.

BTW, pause at :26 (Looks like Keanu Reeves if he were Eraserhead)

Mahalo
SilentBobX
AIRWOLF

Postby Ribbons on Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:15 pm

Not for nothing Bob, but I find your new sig highly offensive!

...as a commentary on nuclear warfare, a depiction of a pre-World War II Godzilla is anachronistic and an insult to all right-thinking film fans everywhere.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby SilentBobX on Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:39 pm

Ribbons wrote:Not for nothing Bob, but I find your new sig highly offensive!

...as a commentary on nuclear warfare, a depiction of a pre-World War II Godzilla is anachronistic and an insult to all right-thinking film fans everywhere.

I always thought of this as an alternate universe Godzilla myself. Infinite universes, infinite possibilities. Plus I love the artwork.

Mahalo
SilentBobX
AIRWOLF

Postby Peven on Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:38 pm

that is Godzilla the First, borne of the Industrial Revolution

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby The Vicar on Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:00 pm

Tyrone_Shoelaces wrote:There was a extended scene from Brave that played in 3D front of John Carter and it looked incredible. There was a fabulous use of the 3D space that was an improvement by miles over anything done in Toy Story 3. Was Cars 2 in 3D? I'm sure it was but I hated it in two dimensions so I've kinda blocked it out of my mind. Anyway, I'm much more curious about Brave now than I was before. I just hope the story is as good as the movie looks.

Indeed. Jillian and I are really looking forward to this, since the last film we were waiting for breathlessly left us a bit flat. So flat I forgot which one it was.
Merde.

Oh yeah - Wrath of the Titans.
She walks out of the theatre, looks at the ground and mutters "shit".
Succinct review, that. Compact & easy to understand.
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Postby SilentBobX on Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:23 am

The Vicar wrote:
Tyrone_Shoelaces wrote:There was a extended scene from Brave that played in 3D front of John Carter and it looked incredible. There was a fabulous use of the 3D space that was an improvement by miles over anything done in Toy Story 3. Was Cars 2 in 3D? I'm sure it was but I hated it in two dimensions so I've kinda blocked it out of my mind. Anyway, I'm much more curious about Brave now than I was before. I just hope the story is as good as the movie looks.

Indeed. Jillian and I are really looking forward to this, since the last film we were waiting for breathlessly left us a bit flat. So flat I forgot which one it was.
Merde.

Oh yeah - Wrath of the Titans.
She walks out of the theatre, looks at the ground and mutters "shit".
Succinct review, that. Compact & easy to understand.

As shit usually is.

Mahalo
SilentBobX
AIRWOLF

Postby The Vicar on Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:16 am

And we're becoming way too familiar with it, which is sad.
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

What have you been watching? (Cinema)

Postby SilentBobX on Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:14 pm

Saw Brave this weekend(in 3D) and loved it. Could've done with a few more overhead shots of Scotland but I have to give the story props. Definitely have to like what they didn't include(Braveheart jokes, Nessie, or a Roddy Piper wannabe in it) and have to say I did love the take on the archery contest from the original Robin Hood. All in all a good experience but it wasn't spectacular. It's worth a look most definitely.

Mahalo
SilentBobX
AIRWOLF

Re: What have you been watching? (Cinema)

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:17 am

SilentBobX wrote:Saw Brave this weekend(in 3D) and loved it. Could've done with a few more overhead shots of Scotland but I have to give the story props. Definitely have to like what they didn't include(Braveheart jokes, Nessie, or a Roddy Piper wannabe in it) and have to say I did love the take on the archery contest from the original Robin Hood. All in all a good experience but it wasn't spectacular. It's worth a look most definitely.

Mahalo

you mean there's no scene where that scottish girl goes "i have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and i'm all out of bubblegum"?

FAIL!
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Re: What have you been watching? (Cinema)

Postby SilentBobX on Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:29 pm

TheBaxter wrote:
SilentBobX wrote:Saw Brave this weekend(in 3D) and loved it. Could've done with a few more overhead shots of Scotland but I have to give the story props. Definitely have to like what they didn't include(Braveheart jokes, Nessie, or a Roddy Piper wannabe in it) and have to say I did love the take on the archery contest from the original Robin Hood. All in all a good experience but it wasn't spectacular. It's worth a look most definitely.

Mahalo

you mean there's no scene where that scottish girl goes "i have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and i'm all out of bubblegum"?

FAIL!

Wait for the extended cut. I'm sure it'll be there. I can't help but feel it needed a few more scenes.

Mahalo
SilentBobX
AIRWOLF

Postby TheButcher on Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:05 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Return to Animation