BIG HERO 6

Anime, cartoons and 3D. Animated shorts and features. And don't forget the animation genius in Bulgaria.

BIG HERO 6

Postby Ribbons on Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:54 pm

Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Re: BIG HERO 6

Postby TheButcher on Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:05 am

Disney’s Big Hero 6 Revealed – Lots And Lots Of New Plot And Character Details
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:29 am

New images from Marvel's risky movies 'Big Hero 6' and 'Guardians Of The Galaxy'
Thanks to a great track record, Marvel's taking some chances in 2014

Chris Williams To Co-Direct Disney Animation’s ‘Big Hero 6’ With Don Hall
‘Tangled’ producer Roy Conli has also boarded the project as producer.
Carolyn Giardina wrote:Chris Williams has joined Walt Disney Animation Studios’ Big Hero 6 as director, alongside helmer Don Hall. Additionally, Roy Conli has boarded the project as producer.

Williams co-directed and co-wrote the screenplay for Disney Animation’s 2008 release Bolt, for which he received an Oscar nomination for best animated feature. His writing credits (story) include Mulan, The Emperor’s New Groove, and Brother Bear for Disney. He also lent his voice to the character Oaken in Disney's current hit Frozen.

Conli previously produced the studio’s Tangled, which was released in 2010 and made $588.8 worldwide, and 2002’s Treasure Planet.

Hall previewed Big Hero 6, which is scheduled for release on Nov. 7, 2014, last summer at Disney's D23 Expo. At that time, Kristina Reed was attached to produce.

The stereoscopic 3D CG feature is inspired by the Marvel comic of the same name (and marks the first project of its kind since Disney acquired Marvel). The action comedy adventure follows robotics prodigy Hiro Hamada, who must save the city of 'San Fransokyo' from a criminal plot with the help of a robot, Baymax; and Gogo, Honey Lemon, sushi chef Wasabi and fanboy Fred.

Disney Animation vet Hall directed 2011’s Winnie the Pooh and wrote the screenplay for Meet the Robinsons.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:55 am

Disney Animation's Andrew Millstein on a 'Frozen' Sequel and the Studio's Next Marvel Collaboration (Q&A)
The executive vp and GM of the re-energized unit talks about the popularity of "Frozen" and its soundtrack, whether there's a rivalry with Pixar and plans for the comic-based "Big Hero 6."
Gregg Kilday wrote:Your next film is Big Hero 6, which comes out in November and is based on a Marvel comic series. How involved is Marvel?

It's a Disney Animation Studios project. We have friends at Marvel. We like to share where we are. But it's more from the perspective of, "Share your wisdom with us, what's working, what's not." But it really lives within Disney Animation Studios.

It comes from the Marvel library, but it's not a Marvel property that people are familiar with. Will you present it as Marvel-based?

We're going to have to fine-tune the language of the presentation. But it's not a secret we are trying to hide. We will highlight that in the right way.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Wed May 21, 2014 4:29 pm

Disney Throws Out the Marvel Rulebook for 'Big Hero 6'
Matt McDaniel wrote:Five years after buying Marvel for $4 billion, Walt Disney Pictures will bring the comic book title Big Hero 6 to the screen on Nov. 7 in a full-length animated feature. We’ve got a first look at the poster here.

The difference between this super team and its live-action brethren? While the live-action Marvel films have always stayed true to the comic-book universe, Big Hero 6 was free to color outside the lines. “I wouldn’t call the movie ‘based on’; it’s more ‘inspired by,’” says director Don Hall (2011’s Winnie the Pooh) of the film’s connection to the original comic book by Steven T. Seagle and Duncan Rouleau.

The movie centers on teenage boy Hiro and his faithful robot companion named Baymax. And while the two pals and the four superheroes they team up with do come from the book, Disney branched them off into their own distinct creation. “The universe we’re creating is not tied to the Marvel Universe,” Hall says. “There’s no Iron Man or anybody like that. It’s a world of our own design.” Hall, who also co-wrote the screenplay, consulted with the brains at Marvel, but never felt restricted by what had been established in print. “Really they’ve given us free rein to take this and make it our own,” he says.

Hall’s co-director Chris Williams (Bolt) admits that they aren’t expecting the title, which is one of Marvel’s more obscure comic lines, to be a draw in and of itself. “I think what Don saw was this really special relationship between the boy and the robot that could really lend itself to a Disney movie,” says Williams.

To get a first look at the heroes in action, come back to Yahoo Movies on Thursday at noon ET/9 am PT to see the exclusive teaser trailer. Big Hero 6 opens Nov. 7.

Big Hero 6 Teaser Trailer Sneak Peek
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:39 pm

CBR @ SDCC 2014:
CREATING THE DISNEY-FIED WORLD OF MARVEL'S "BIG HERO 6"
The designers and world builders of Disney's new animated "Big Hero 6" shared behind the scenes development secrets about the Marvel adaptation.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:22 pm

SPOILERS
'Big Hero 6' may turn out to be one of the year's biggest unexpected hits
Prepare for the onslaught of Baymax, parents
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:09 am

That Disney/Marvel Bust Up Over Big Hero 6 (UPDATE)
A few days ago, Bleeding Cool reported on an agreement between Marvel and Disney for Disney Publishing to have all publishing rights regarding the movie/comic Big Hero 6 produced by Disney and loosely based on the Marvel comic.

It didn’t answer why exactly Disney weren’t publishing the Big Hero 6 manga in the US, letting Yen Press have the rights.

Well, after publication, I was contacted by a number of people at both Marvel and Disney wanting to have their say.

There was some contradiction, but there were some very common threads. That specifically before this agreement between Disney Animation, Disney Publishing and Marvel, there was considerable conflict.

Initially, Marvel wanted the movie aimed at an older audience and Disney refused. Marvel then refused to publish comics to support the movie. So Disney told Marvel they would publish comics themselves (not the manga, but original comics by US creators). It was then that Marvel went, and I quote, “apeshit”.

Cooler heads prevailed and an agreement was drawn up. That Marvel wouldn’t get involved with Big Hero 6 at all, the marketing the publishing and the like, but Disney Publishing were not allowed to publish Big Hero 6 comics in the US. Hence the Yen Press deal for the Disney Japanese Big Hero 6 manga.

An uneasy accord was arranged, and everyone was then singing from the same songsheet. Until Marvel EIC Axel Alonso‘s comments on CBR, “We wanted the Disney folks to be able to create their own unique style and story, unencumbered by those older stories” and then certain folk at Disney Animation kicked off again… as Marvel clearly didn’t want that.

And those eBay and Amazon prices? They keep on going up…

[UPDATE: More responses denying any kind of war and stressing cooperation throughout...]
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Ribbons on Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:04 pm

Sizzle reel + nifty poster:

Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby TheButcher on Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:24 pm

Film Review: ‘Big Hero 6’
Couldn’t the Mouse House focus on doing that “Incredibles” sequel first?
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:42 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:13 pm

Don Hall and Chris Williams Talk Disney’s ‘Big Hero 6’
Co-directors of Disney's most technologically advanced film to date discuss production challenges, creating a robot that learns, and Hyperion, the studio's new global-illumination rendering system.

Spoilers! Your Six ‘Big Hero 6′ Burning Questions Answered By The Directors

Conceptualizing Disney’s ‘Big Hero 6’
Disney Feature Animation’s first Marvel collaboration pins high hopes and big expectations on a little-known comic book.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:29 pm

Breaking Baymax: How Disney Found The Story of BIG HERO 6

The process of making an animated movie is messier, and more trial and error, than any live action production.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Ribbons on Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:25 pm

I liked Big Hero 6 a lot. The story is pretty modest and not all that mind-blowing if you're an adult, but they get all the notes right. What I enjoyed the most were the visuals, shockingly photoreal in places and packed with fascinating details, including a blink-and-you'll-miss-it Stan Lee cameo.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby TheButcher on Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:40 am

Ribbons wrote:I liked Big Hero 6 a lot. The story is pretty modest and not all that mind-blowing if you're an adult, but they get all the notes right. What I enjoyed the most were the visuals, shockingly photoreal in places and packed with fascinating details, including a blink-and-you'll-miss-it Stan Lee cameo.

Did you see the post credits stinger?

Big Hero 6 Concept Art Reveals Very Different Bay-Max Design And Villain Ideas

Big Hero 6 Could've Had Roving Gangs Of Baseball Ninjas
BASEBALL NINJAS
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby bastard_robo on Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:08 am

Fist Bump.. blalalalla
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby TheButcher on Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:05 am

Japan Box Office: 'Big Hero 6' Stays on Top
Gavin J. Blair wrote:Big Hero 6 spent its fourth weekend in release in Japan at the top of the box-office rankings. Following its two weeks in the second spot, it led the charts this weekend and has now earned $59.2 million (¥7 billion).

Annie opened in second place in the country with $1.85 million (¥219 million) from 505 screens on Saturday and Sunday.

Released locally as Baymax, Big Hero 6's combination of Japanese influences and its recent Oscar nominations are keeping it running strong at the Japanese box office, with more than 5.5 million admissions to date. The animation film is benefiting from having 2D and 3D versions as well as dubbed and original versions in theaters, something that contributed to the huge success of Disney's Frozen in Japan.

Yokai Watch, the local anime, manga and merchandise smash, has also earned $59.2 million (¥7 billion) with Yo-Kai Watch the Movie: The Secret Is Created, Nyan! in third place in its sixth weekend of release.

Domestic Total as of Feb. 1, 2015: $218,057,399
Domestic: $218,057,399 45.0%
+ Foreign: $266,600,000 55.0%
= Worldwide: $484,657,399
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:26 am

"BIG HERO 6" IS NOW DISNEY’S THIRD MOST SUCCESSFUL ANIMATED FILM OF ALL TIME
Inspired by the Marvel Comics series of the same name, the superhero action comedy has earned more than $520 million worldwide since its November premiere.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: BIG HERO 7?

Postby TheButcher on Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:05 pm

‘Big Hero 6′ Voice Actor Genesis Rodriguez Confirms ‘Rumblings’ of a Sequel
Genesis Rodriguez (Honey Lemon) says that she’s heard ‘rumblings’ of something happening with ‘Big Hero 6.’ Could it be a sequel?
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Sun May 01, 2016 8:08 am

"Big Hero 6" Animated TV Series Begins Production for 2017 Premiere on Disney XD
Emmy Award-winning producers Mark McCorkle and Bob Schooley, creators and executive producers of the global hit Disney Channel series "Kim Possible," are the executive producers.
Reuniting with McCorkle and Schooley on the creative team is their "Kim Possible" colleague, Emmy Award-winning Nick Filippi, who serves as executive producer and supervising director.

Produced by Disney Television Animation, the series picks up immediately following the events in the feature film, and continues the adventures and friendship of 14-year-old tech genius Hiro and his compassionate, cutting-edge robot Baymax. Alongside Hiro and Baymax on their journey are control freak Wasabi, scientist Honey Lemon, fanboy Fred and no-nonsense Go Go, who together form the legendary superhero team, Big Hero 6. As the new prodigy at San Fransokyo Institute of Technology, Hiro now faces daunting academic challenges and the social trials of being the little man on campus. Off campus, the stakes are raised for the high-tech heroes as they must protect their city from an array of scientifically enhanced villains.

The Fantastic Cars Of Disney’s Zootopia Came From This Iconic Designer
Jason Torchinsky wrote:J Mays:
Well, this kind of goes back to 2005, to give you the 60 second backstory: When John Lasseter was head creative at Pixar, I got to know him when they came to Detroit, and I was showing them around the Ford design studios. For whatever reason he and I just hit it off, it turns out he and I had a lot in common about the way we look at design.

And if you fast forward to a year and a half ago, he became the creative officer for not only Pixar, but for everything. So, having worked with some of the stuff on Cars 1, he asked me if I’d like to get involved in some more films, and I said yeah, that would be great and I’d love to do it because that sounds like a lot of fun. So, originally, I had done some work on Big Hero 6, the last Disney film that came out.

Me: Oh yeah! Did you work on any of the cars in that one?

J Mays:
No, I worked on the robot for that film! The red superhero part. I came in quite late on that film, and he asked me to do some draw-overs on the robot part. And some of that made it into the film. And then he said I’d like to get you more involved from the start on the next film, which is Zootopia. and really come in and share the storyline, and give you the brief and the assignment.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Return to Animation