Arnie & Sly Team-Up: ESCAPE PLAN

New movies! Old movies! B-movies! Discuss discuss discuss!!!

Re: HEADSHOT

Postby TheButcher on Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:34 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: The Expendables 2

Postby TheButcher on Sat May 07, 2011 9:47 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Thu May 12, 2011 2:12 am

New Details on Walter Hill’s HEADSHOT; Another 80s Throwback for Stallone
Matt Goldberg wrote:New details have emerged on Walter Hill’s upcoming action flick Headshot starring Sylvester Stallone and Thomas Jane. As we previously reported, the story centers on a hitman (Stallone) and an NYPD detective (Jane) who team up to exact revenge. According to What’s Playing, the film will be, much like Stallone’s The Expendables, a throwback to 80s buddy action flicks. Hill reportedly signed on for the flick because it reminded him of the films he used to make like 48 Hrs. and Red Heat. WP also says that Hill has fine-tuned Alessandro Camon’s script and improved the “cool” dialogue and central relationship between Stallone and Jane’s characters.

I desperately hope that this film is better than Expendables and having Hill behind the camera gives me that hope. However, it’s interesting/sad that ever since 2006’s Rocky Balboa, Stallone has essentially acknowledged that he’s a relic and that the only way his stardom can continue is if he can transport audiences back to when he was actually a star.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:28 pm

Joel Silver's Dark Castle Boards Sylvester Stallone Action Film
Gregg Kilday wrote:Joel Silver’s Dark Castle Entertainment has come on board Walter Hill’s upcoming action thriller starring Sylvester Stallone, and the film is now set to be distributed domestically through Warner Bros.

Silver’s Dark Castle is partnering with Stuart Ford’s IM Global and Courtney Solomon’s After Dark Films on the project, based on the graphic novel Bullet to the Head, written by Matz and illustrated by Colin Wilson.

The plot involves a New Orleans hitman, to be played by Stallone, who joins up with a New York City cop to form an alliance to bring down the killers of their respective partners.

Sung Kang, of Fast Five, has been cast in a supporting role in the production, which is set to begin filming in Louisiana later in June.

Silver previously collaborated with Hill on the movies 48 Hours and Warriors and HBO's Tales from the Crypt.

Silver, who also produced the Stallone movies Demolition Man and Assassins, said, “Sylvester Stallone is an iconic action star the world over and I'm thrilled to be working with him again. I look forward to joining with IM Global and After Dark in bringing this exciting new story to the screen.”

Added Ford, “Joel and his Dark Castle team are the perfect partners to help steer a project like this successfully forward and we're delighted to have them onboard, as well as having Warner Bros. as the U.S. distribution home
for the film.”

The new film -- which previously referred to as Headshot -- will be billed as a Warner Bros. Pictures presentation, in association with Dark Castle Entertainment, IM Global and After Dark Films. Alexandra Milchan, Miles Millar, Alfred Gough, Kevin King-Templeton and Andrew Rona will also serve as producers. Ford, Brian Kavanaugh-Jones, Deepak Nayar, Solomon, Allan Zeman and Steve Richards will executive produce.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:29 pm

Kang lands role in new Stallone thriller - Pic based on 'Bullet to the Head' novel
Jeff Sneider wrote:Sung Kang's feature career is hitting a new gear, as the "Fast Five" star has landed a key supporting role alongside Sylvester Stallone in Walter Hill's upcoming action thriller.

Untitled pic is a Warner Bros. presentation, in association with Dark Castle Entertainment, IM Global and After Dark Films.

Story follows a New Orleans hitman (Stallone) and a Gotham cop who team up to take down the killers of their respective partners. Project is based on the graphic novel "Bullet to the Head," written by Matz and illustrated by Colin Wilson.

Warner Bros. will distribute in the U.S. under its ongoing arrangement with Dark Castle, whose chairman, Joel Silver, will produce alongside Miles Millar, Alfred Gough, Alexandra Milchan, Kevin King-Templeton and Dark Castle's Andrew Rona. IM Global CEO Stuart Ford and After Dark's Courtney Solomon will exec produce with Brian Kavanaugh-Jones, Deepak Nayar, Allan Zeman and Steve Richards.

"Sylvester Stallone is an iconic action star the world over and I'm thrilled to be working with him again," said Silver, who previously produced the Stallone films "Demolition Man" and "Assassins," as well as Hill's "48 Hours" and "The Warriors."

Production is scheduled to start later this month in Louisiana.

Outside of the "Fast and Furious" franchise, Kang has appeared in the Silver-produced "Ninja Assassin" and 20th Century Fox's "Live Free or Die Hard," as well as the indie "The Motel."

Kang is repped by Management 360.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:59 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:06 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:53 am

Collider Exclusive:
Thomas Jane on Why He Was Fired From HEADSHOT, THE LYCAN, His Glen Sherley Biopic, His Future in Hollywood, and So Much More
Hunter Daniels wrote:
JANE: Well, Wayne Kramer brought me into the project and when Wayne left the project I suggested Walter Hill to Stallone and the next week they hired Walter Hill and I was very happy about that because I’ve always wanted to work with him.

But then did the studio sort of…

JANE: Well, Joel Silver came onboard the project and said that he has a quote-unquote ‘formula’ for these quote-unquote ‘buddy movies’ and it has to be a white guy and a quote-unquote ‘ethnic guy.’ And they relieved me of duty and basically paid me off, which I was really upset about, you know? I didn’t get a call from Stallone. I was a little upset about that. Maybe they didn’t want anybody on the movie with a bigger dick than him.

Wayne Kramer was sort of abruptly fired from that film too. Was it over him being too violent? Because I’ve been told that it’s still an R-rated movie and Stallone’s comment was that [Kramer had] made a [script] that was too violent and that they were doing something that was a little less extreme.

JANE: Well, Wayne Kramer is very dark, very extreme, which I personally like. But I know that Stallone is a bit more of a traditionalist. That doesn’t make it worse it just makes it different. Walter Hill for my money was the man to fulfill both. He can do great with character and he’s great with action. So he is the man…I hope they can still make a great film without me.

Is there any chance they could find another role in the film for you?

JANE: I doubt it. I’m kinda like the spurned lover…let ‘em go shoot themselves.

In the head?

JANE: No, I mean…shoot the film themselves. (laughter).
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Arnie and Sly team up --- BRUTAL DELUXE

Postby TheButcher on Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:01 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: The Expendables 2

Postby TheButcher on Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:08 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Nachokoolaid on Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:22 pm

FUCKING YES!!!!!
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Bloo on Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:16 am

Nice
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby TheButcher on Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:10 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:29 pm

Director Mikael Hafstrom Circles Sly Stallone Drama ‘The Tomb;’ What About Arnold?
MIKE FLEMING wrote:EXCLUSIVE: Mikael Hafstrom is in talks to direct Sylvester Stallone in The Tomb, a drama backed by Emmett/Furla Films and Summit Entertainment. Hafstrom has been circling the project for some time, but things were stalled while Stallone was in Bulgaria. He’s finishing up the film in New Orleans, and things seem to be moving. Harry Knowles is reporting the possibility of a re-team between Stallone and his Expendables 2 co-star Arnold Schwarzenegger in The Tomb. I’ve heard the same chatter, and checked over the past several days. I’ve been told Schwarzenegger’s been approached, but insiders in the production say that it hasn’t progressed beyond that at this point. It’s one of those in-the-air pairings that seems to make too much sense not to happen. Schwarzenegger is certainly familiar with the script, as he once considered playing the lead role that is now Stallone (Bruce Willis was once attached to make it with Antoine Fuqua). In the drama that was scripted by Miles Chapman, got a rewrite from Jason Keller and now has Chapman working on the latest draft with Hafstrom, Stallone plays a man who has designed a high-tech prison that is said to be escape-proof. When he is set up and sent to the prison he created, he essentially must go up against himself to escape and find retribution. Hafstrom’s credits include last year’s The Rite and 2007′s 1408 and he’s repped by WME.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Spandau Belly on Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:43 am

Stallone as a high-tech architect? I enjoyed his attempt at going against his bluecollar image in TANGO & CASH. Hopefully he'll bust out those Harry Potter glasses again.

I'm not sure what the tone of this movie will be, but I doubt they'll be going for some sort of highbrow PAPILLON type thing. I hope it will mostly be like the prison portion of FACE/OFF.

They need to round out the cast with some interesting actors as the other cons and prison staff. Get Rutger as the warden.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby ironic name on Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:11 pm

melting arnold is explaining how to perform the shwartzenegger.
ironic name
had cheer sex with Megan Gale

Re: Arnie and Sly team up --(Now w/ Ex2 and "The Tomb")

Postby TheButcher on Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:04 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: EXPENDABL3S??

Postby TheButcher on Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:55 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Arnie and Sly: The Tomb

Postby TheButcher on Wed May 23, 2012 1:12 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Spandau Belly on Mon May 28, 2012 7:11 am

TheButcher wrote:Old Man Arnold

Did the clip end with Arnie and Sly eating lunch and a crazy dominatrix flying in out of nowhere and whipping their food for everybody else too? Or is their something wrong with my computer/mind?

I like oldified Arnie. He's fully embraced his Hestonness with that look.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby caruso_stalker217 on Thu May 31, 2012 7:25 pm

Spandau Belly wrote:

Did the clip end with Arnie and Sly eating lunch and a crazy dominatrix flying in out of nowhere and whipping their food for everybody else too? Or is their something wrong with my computer/mind?

I've said for a while now that young Charlton Heston looked like Schwarzenegger. It's all coming full circle.
caruso_stalker217
TOO AGED FOR THIS MALARKEY

Postby Spandau Belly on Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:35 pm

It's like PAPILLON ..... in space!!!!

Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby ironic name on Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:45 pm

caruso_stalker217 wrote:
Spandau Belly wrote:

I've said for a while now that young Charlton Heston looked like Schwarzenegger. It's all coming full circle.

and sly looks like hoffman at the end of that clip, too.
ironic name
had cheer sex with Megan Gale

Re: EXPENDABL3S??

Postby TheButcher on Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:42 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: De Niro and Sly team up --(Now w/ Ex2 and "The Tomb")

Postby TheButcher on Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:39 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby caruso_stalker217 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:46 pm

First poster for ESCAPE PLAN (formerly DA TOOM).

I like it. Has kind of an early-'90s vibe with a late-'90s look.

Is it too early to be nostalgic for the late-'90s?
caruso_stalker217

Postby Spandau Belly on Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:59 pm

I dig that poster, too. And I agree, it's got a 90s vibe to it, what with actually having a visual concept and all. But don't worry, I'm sure there is still time to get a photoshop floating heads collage, posters for each individual side character, and one last title change to ESCAPE PLAN: REDEMPTION.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby Spandau Belly on Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:46 pm

Trailer for ESCAPE PLAN.

Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby so sorry on Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:55 pm

Spandau Belly wrote:Trailer for ESCAPE PLAN.

As I said in the TBs, I think it looks interesting. Although I can't stand the gaping plot hole of how a prison that is deemed "escape proof" and so high tech, going thru such lenghts as creating glass cells for maximum transparency would still allow the prison population to mingle. If these prisoners are the worst of the worst or whatever the hell they called them, why would they be allowed to socialize? But yeah, might be a good afternoon popcorn flick. I'm still willing to give Arnold another shot...

Oh, and I'm changing the name of this thread...I was looking to post this trailer earlier today and couldn't find this freaking thing...
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Spandau Belly on Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:17 pm

so sorry wrote:If these prisoners are the worst of the worst or whatever the hell they called them, why would they be allowed to socialize?

Well, I would also tend to think that "the people no government wants on its books" would probably just be executed.

But I'm glad they went this route insead of a movie about how guilt and regret are an inescapable "emotional" prison.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby caruso_stalker217 on Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:22 am

Spandau Belly wrote:But I'm glad they went this route insead of a movie about how guilt and regret are an inescapable "emotional" prison.

Ten people in South Korea are making that film right now.
caruso_stalker217

Re: Arnie and Sly team up - Escape Plan

Postby TheButcher on Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:44 am

IGN:
Stallone and Schwarzenegger United: The Long Road to Escape Plan
A look back at one of Hollywood's most enduring rivalries.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Arnie and Sly team up - Escape Plan

Postby SooperPooperScooper on Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:13 am

theyre both gentlemen
SooperPooperScooper
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Re: Arnie & Sly Team-Up: ESCAPE PLAN

Postby TheButcher on Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:47 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Spandau Belly on Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:32 am

I agree with that article that sensibilities have changed and audiences now prefer action movies to have galactic stakes, heroes with magic powers, and non-violent action. But I also felt ESCAPE PLAN was a movie for no one. It's not really a movie for the Sly 'n Arnie crowd. I think if you get Sly and Arnie together on screen, their fans want it to be more of a bloodthirsty overthetop action movie. And the people who would actually enjoy a bland prisonbreak movie will avoid ESCAPE PLAN because they see Sly and Arnie on the poster and assume it will be too lowbrow 'n cheesey. I think if they'd done the same movie with actors like James Franco and Djimon Hounsou in the lead roles it probably would've appealed to the audience that might've actually enjoyed it.

Schwarzenegger and Caviezel both gave really good performances though. Props to them.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby TheButcher on Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:40 am

Examining the prison movies of Sylvester Stallone
With Escape Plan out today, we look back at the strange prominence of prisons in Sylvester Stallone movies...
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby so sorry on Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:58 am

I enjoyed this movie more than I thought I would. There were plot holes the size of Sly's biceps and groan-worthy sequences that even made my dog howl in disbelief, but really, that's what these action movies give you 9 times out of 10, so its easier to give it a pass. Worth checking out (once) IMO.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheButcher on Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:42 pm

‘Escape Plan’ Sequel From Emmett/Furla/Oasis; Sylvester Stallone Reprising
Mike Fleming Jr wrote:EXCLUSIVE: Emmett/Furla/Oasis Films has greenlighted a sequel to its 2013 film Escape Plan, with Sylvester Stallone prepared to reprise the role he played in the original, this time in a supporting capacity. He starred in the original with Arnold Schwarzenegger, and it grossed $137 million worldwide.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Arnie & Sly: ESCAPE2PLAN:Finding Dory

Postby TheButcher on Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:31 am

Sylvester Stallone's 'Escape Plan 2' Set as China Co-Production
Arnold Schwarzenegger is in talks to return for the sequel, which will be co-produced by Emmett/Furla/Oasis and Beijing-based Leomus Pictures.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:04 pm

SYLVESTER STALLONE’S “ESCAPE PLAN 2” SECURES DIRECTOR STEVEN C. MILLER (EXCLUSIVE)
After working with Emmett/Furla/Oasis on three films, Steven C. Miller has been hired to direct the company’s Sylvester Stallone-starring sequel Escape Plan 2.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

ESCAPE PLAN 2: Dawn of the Shawshank Redemption

Postby TheButcher on Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:37 pm

SYLVESTER STALLONE’S “ESCAPE PLAN 2” SECURES DIRECTOR STEVEN C. MILLER (EXCLUSIVE)
Escape Plan 2 is expected to feature some Chinese story elements to deepen its local resonance.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: The Escapeables

Postby TheButcher on Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:32 am

Deadline April 12, 2017:
‘Escape Plan 3’ Set With Sylvester Stallone Return
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: ESCAPE PLAN 3

Postby TheButcher on Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:25 pm

Deadline September 20, 2017:
‘Escape Plan 3’: Dave Bautista, Max Zhang & More Join Sylvester Stallone For Sequel
Amanda N'Duka wrote:EXCLUSIVE: Production on Emmett/Furla/Oasis Films’ Escape Plan 3: Devil’s Station has commenced with Sylvester Stallone on board to reprise his starring role along with Dave Bautista, Jaime King, Lydia Hull, and Tyler Jon Olson. The are joined by franchise newcomers Max Zhang, Devon Sawa (Final Destination), Harry Shum Jr. (Shadowhunters), Malese Jow (The Vampire Diaries), and Sergio Rizzuto in the film, which John Herzfeld is directing.

In this installment, Ray Breslin (Stallone) and Trent DeRosa (Bautista) must join forces again in order to rescue one of their team members who is held captive at the penitentiary known as Devil’s Station, a prison where no one ever gets out.

Herzfeld co-wrote the sequel with Miles Chapman, who wrote the previously two pics. EFO’s Randall Emmett and George Furla return as producers alongside Atmosphere Entertainment’s Mark Canton, Zack Schiller of Boles/Schiller Film Group, Jie Qiu and Echo Su. Exec producers are Barry Brooker and Stan Wertlieb of Grindstone, Robert Jones and Wayne Marc Godfrey of The Fyzz Facility, Ted Fox and Mark Stewart. Leomus is co-financing the feature, which will be released via Lionsgate.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby caruso_stalker217 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:21 pm

Did they decide to skip part two, or are they going to release these as a double feature?
caruso_stalker217

Previous

Return to Movie Discussion