...and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (spoilers!)

New movies! Old movies! B-movies! Discuss discuss discuss!!!

How awesome is the new Indy film?

4%
12%
15%
21%
17%
9%
11%
3%
1%
3%
The Last Crusade was the LAST friggin' crusade, I ain't watchin' this!!!
No votes
Waiting for the Special Edition DVD with extended Cantina/Jabba's Palace scenes
4%

Total votes : 75

...and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (spoilers!)

Postby Flumm on Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:16 am

...somethin interesting about the possible casting from the world of Indy IV...

...check it out at joblo
Flumm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Re: Indy IV: Casting Rumour...

Postby burlivesleftnut on Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:08 am

For those who don't want to journey off-world:

joblo wrote:The folks over at The Indy Experience have received word that MEMOIRS OF A GEISHA star Michelle Yeoh may be up for a role in the neverending rollercoaster that is INDIANA JONES 4. It seems that in a report fansite Michelle Yeoh Web Theater posted from the set of GEISHA they mentioned having overheard The Bearded One Steven Spielberg (who's producing GEISHA) tell Yeoh "don't forget we are supposed to work together on an Indiana Jones sequel," to which Yeoh replied "f*ck off, wolfman!" Actually, what she really said was "I will be waiting for you!" Indeed, Michelle. We all are.

This isn't the first time that Yeoh has been linked to the movie. Back in 2000, in an interview with Cinescape, Yeoh mentioned that she had a couple of meetings with The Hirsute Chin about the film and that she would be very interested in taking a role. In fact, her exact words were "yes, please!" Of course, this is all just jabberwocky until official confirmation comes out.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby jgraphix on Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:54 pm

Seems there are some more rumblings on Indy 4.

Update at Frank Marshalls Site Here:

http://iesb.net/upcomingfilm/010806b.php
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
jgraphix
AIRWOLF

Postby Gheorghe Zamfir on Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:40 pm

She can wait in the rumor line behind Kevin Costner, Calista Flockhart, and Natalie Portman. Nothing means anything until there's a script they all agree on, I'm still doubtful that this movie is even gonna happen.
Gheorghe Zamfir
REAL DRAGON

Postby jgraphix on Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:49 pm

It says that everyone is happy with the script..It is just heresay, but they would make a killing if done right.
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
jgraphix
AIRWOLF

Postby austenandrews on Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:53 pm

Sadly, I have a hard time imagining how it can be done right.
austenandrews
SUSAN CAGLE

Postby Gheorghe Zamfir on Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:56 pm

jgraphix wrote:It says that everyone is happy with the script.

Hmm, well it says everyone is happy with what they've read, but sounds like none of them have read the script yet, cause he says that they'll all be reading the script soon. But it sounds like its at least written, still have to wait and see what the consensus from the big 3 is.
Gheorghe Zamfir
REAL DRAGON

Postby Fried Gold on Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:04 pm

Yeoh can play Short Round's wife.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Nachokoolaid on Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:42 am

Fried Gold wrote:Yeoh can play Short Round's wife.

Or daughter, by the time we see this.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby kortanaskew on Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:53 am

Yeoh can play Short Round's wife.

Or daughter, by the time we see this.

C'mon guys Michelle Yeoh is 9 years older than the kid that played Short Round.

However I myself wouldve liked to have seen a feature length movie with old-ass Indy, George Hall and an old Shortround. It wouldve started with old Indy breaking shortround out of a retirement home as they finally tracked down the diamond that Indy lost in the opening sequence og Temple of Doom, the one he traded for the remains of Nurhachi.
kortanaskew
STEAK-A-BABY

Harrison Ford...Manhunt & Indy 4

Postby JabberJaw on Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:55 am

Besides the upcoming "Firewall," Ford is about to begin work on "Manhunt." The historical thriller finds Ford playing Col. Everton Conger, the man who led the search for Abraham Lincoln's assassin, John Wilkes Booth. Ford has even grown a goatee for the part. But, the one project that fans have been waiting years for is the long-promised fourth installment of "Indiana Jones."

"I'm just waiting for the script to be ready," Ford says. "Everybody agrees that we're close, and we're excited about it. I'm looking forward to working with Steven [Spielberg] again. The audience is there for it, and I'm looking forward to it."
ImageImage
JabberJaw
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby havocSchultz on Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:56 am

he should really make "GoodScriptHunt" instead...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Leckomaniac on Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:57 am

Manhunt eh? That could be cool. But chances are it will be shit.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby jgraphix on Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:59 am

Yeah..All I really care about is Indy 4! After that, he could croak for all I care.
jgraphix
AIRWOLF

Postby JabberJaw on Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:59 am

Leckomaniac wrote:Manhunt eh? That could be cool. But chances are it will be shit.

The premise of Manhunt sounds interesting.
ImageImage
JabberJaw
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby Leckomaniac on Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:00 pm

Come to think of it. I am not that big a fan of Harrison Ford. I mean I love Star Wars, Blade Runner and Indiana Jones, but besides that what has he done. Hollywood Homicide? Six Days Seven Nights? Air force One? I guess The Fugitive. I didn't like Clear and Present Danger.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Doc Holliday on Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:05 pm

I wonder if there's a scene in Manhunt along these lines:

"Alright, listen up, people. Our fugitive has been on the run for ninety minutes. Average foot speed over uneven ground barring injuries is 4 miles-per-hour. That gives us a radius of six miles. What I want from each and every one of you is a hard-target search of every gas station, residence, warehouse, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse and doghouse in that area. Checkpoints go up at fifteen miles. Your fugitive's name is John Wilkes Booth. Go get him".
"I think the worst time to have a heart attack is during a game of charades..."

Demetri Martin
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby JabberJaw on Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:05 pm

Doc Holliday wrote:I wonder if there's a scene in Manhunt along these lines:

"Alright, listen up, people. Our fugitive has been on the run for ninety minutes. Average foot speed over uneven ground barring injuries is 4 miles-per-hour. That gives us a radius of six miles. What I want from each and every one of you is a hard-target search of every gas station, residence, warehouse, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse and doghouse in that area. Checkpoints go up at fifteen miles. Your fugitive's name is John Wilkes Booth. Go get him".

Maybe they can get Tommy Lee Jones to play Booth
ImageImage
JabberJaw
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby Leckomaniac on Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:11 pm

Or maybe there is a scene in Manhunt with Booth and Ford's character engaging in a horse chase...and then Booth jumps onto Ford's horse...but Ford is ready for him and he looks at the camera and says "Get off my horse" and then knocks Booth off.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Nachokoolaid on Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:42 pm

Or...

Wilkes Boothe, pointing his pistol at Ford... "I didn't kill the president." Ford: "I don't care!"
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:50 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:Come to think of it. I am not that big a fan of Harrison Ford. I mean I love Star Wars, Blade Runner and Indiana Jones, but besides that what has he done. Hollywood Homicide? Six Days Seven Nights? Air force One? I guess The Fugitive. I didn't like Clear and Present Danger.

New Hope, Empire, Jedi, Lost Ark, Temple of Doom, Last Crusade, Blade Runner, The Fugitive, Patriot Games, Clear and Present Danger, American Graffiti, Witness, Presumed Innocent, Apocolypse Now....etc, etc.

Now, I'll be the first to admit that everything Ford has done in the last 10 years has been crap, but to dismiss a career like that based on his more recent films is just silly.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby Doc Holliday on Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:05 pm

Nachokoolaid wrote:Or...

Wilkes Boothe, pointing his pistol at Ford... "I didn't kill the president." Ford: "I don't care!"

Heh IPAMP-A-MINI-LASH (I'm trying to cut down).

Y'know - I remember someone tying the assassination of Lincoln to that of JFK. Only in a "please God, don't let it be one of those things" way (Magnolia).

It was over ten years ago, so this will be faulty in parts...but it was a whole list of similarities in how the two presidents were killed, how their killers in turn were then also killed, the names of their killers...things like both killers had a three-name-name, and I think the years contained the same numbers or something. Definitely something about the two dates of the assassinations being mirrors of each other etc.

Damn I wish I could remember more now...

Demetri Martin
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Gheorghe Zamfir on Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:08 pm

Manhunt has a pretty interesting director attached to it with Sebastián Cordero. I'm in the middle of reading the book this is based on, and if this film manages to capture the book's energy this will be a definite winner.

Whatever happened to Godspeed, Ford's return to sci-fi?
Gheorghe Zamfir
REAL DRAGON

Postby Nachokoolaid on Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:26 pm

Doc Holliday wrote:
Nachokoolaid wrote:Or...

Heh IPAMP-A-MINI-LASH (I'm trying to cut down).

Y'know - I remember someone tying the assassination of Lincoln to that of JFK. Only in a "please God, don't let it be one of those things" way (Magnolia).

It was over ten years ago, so this will be faulty in parts...but it was a whole list of similarities in how the two presidents were killed, how their killers in turn were then also killed, the names of their killers...things like both killers had a three-name-name, and I think the years contained the same numbers or something. Definitely something about the two dates of the assassinations being mirrors of each other etc.

Damn I wish I could remember more now...

I know exactly what you are talking about. I remember reading the exact same thing. I think it was in a ransom email or something.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Carolian on Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:29 pm

You know, I was really, really hoping that the "Manhunt" film Ford was starring in was based on the PS2 game. Now THAT would be an interesting script choice for him. Two hours of Harrison Ford smashing peoples' skulls with baseball bats and shoving broken glass in their eyes? I'm there!
The whole world's wild at heart and weird on top.

This is a snakeskin jacket. And for me it's a symbol of my individuality, and my belief... in personal freedom.
Carolian
GRANDO CARLISSIAN

Postby Gheorghe Zamfir on Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:35 pm

I think you guys are talking about this e-mail that used to make the rounds, here it is with some snopes commentary:

LincKenn
Gheorghe Zamfir
REAL DRAGON

Postby Doc Holliday on Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:50 pm

Gheorghe Zamfir wrote:I think you guys are talking about this e-mail that used to make the rounds, here it is with some snopes commentary:

LincKenn

You know what...the 'net never ceases to amaze me. you fumble a half-assed explanation of something you remembered from over a decade ago and then >WHUF!!< it appears on your screen.

Kudos Gheorghe, I owes ya :D

Demetri Martin
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TheButcher on Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:41 pm

Ford says Indy 4 script is ready!?!
Source:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/eo/20060316/en_movies_eo/18577
"Steven Spielberg and I now have a script in hand that we both like. I believe that we can start with the filming soon,"
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Eric G on Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:31 pm

TheButcher wrote:Ford says Indy 4 script is ready!?!
Source:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/eo/20060316/en_movies_eo/18577
"Steven Spielberg and I now have a script in hand that we both like. I believe that we can start with the filming soon,"

Doesn't sound like its been completed in its entirety by any means, but it does look like it's very close to that green light.
Eric G
AIRWOLF

Postby colonel_lugz on Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:37 pm

Bumpage!!

Saw this thread was about to dissapear into the outer reaches of the cosmos so I thought I'd save it with this news....

http://uk.filmforce.ign.com/articles/712/712118p1.html

Could Connery make a return?....I sure hope so, and what Big Beard wants he usually gets
You Called Down The Thunder, Well Now You Got It!
colonel_lugz
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby colonel_lugz on Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:47 pm

Incidently, could this film save Harrison Ford from self destruction?
colonel_lugz
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MasterWhedon on Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:50 pm

colonel_lugz wrote:Incidently, could this film save Harrison Ford from self destruction?

I'm not sure if that's even possible anymore. Entertainment Weekly did a chart a few weeks back on which stars are now the riskiest box office draws, and he's damn close to the bottom (or would that make it the top?). He demands a lot of money up front and his returns just ain't what they used to be.

I've said it from the start, but I'm against them making an Indy 4. Sure, it'd be fun to revisit the characters one more time, but the existing trilogy feels rounded off and complete enough for me without adding on an extra chapter that will always feel a little out of place.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby papalazeru on Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:51 pm

What was so bad with Firewall?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!

*wiping tears away* Sorry...I just couldnt carry that one off, I had to laugh.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby colonel_lugz on Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:55 pm

I think they can pull it off, Spielberg, Lucas and Marshall make a powerful team. I personally dont think Spielberg would have come aboard on this one if he didn't have high hopes and he is also at the top of his game right now. They have been thinking this through for a long time too, they aint gonna rush this one and have it looking sloppy. I think Harrison is the "spanner in the works" at the moment, he has become a miserable, boring characature of himself, he's lost his spark, I hope he ups his game for this one.
colonel_lugz
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby papalazeru on Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:57 pm

I think Ford has gone downhill only because of some bad film choices.

He's probably desperate to do this cos he knows his cred will jump up.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby Chairman Kaga on Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:59 pm

If any concept could return Speilberg to the likes of his 80's self I think a 4th Indy could.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby raasnio on Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:00 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:
colonel_lugz wrote:Incidently, could this film save Harrison Ford from self destruction?

I'm not sure if that's even possible anymore. Entertainment Weekly did a chart a few weeks back on which stars are now the riskiest box office draws, and he's damn close to the bottom (or would that make it the top?). He demands a lot of money up front and his returns just ain't what they used to be.

I've said it from the start, but I'm against them making an Indy 4. Sure, it'd be fun to revisit the characters one more time, but the existing trilogy feels rounded off and complete enough for me without adding on an extra chapter that will always feel a little out of place.

I agree with you, though you have to wonder why Lucas and Spielberg are going ahead with this 4th installment. Do they truly feel like it's needed or do they feel the urge to make this for the fans? I can't figue it out. I'm sure I'll be seeing it all the same.
raasnio
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby colonel_lugz on Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:01 pm

On another note: did you guys read the reports of Spielberg scouting for locations in Australia and China?

China would be an awesome location for Indy to tear apart
colonel_lugz
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Chairman Kaga on Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:01 pm

I think they perhaps really enjoy the process of making an Indy film thus why they want to do it. I don't think what they think the fans will or won't like plays into it.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby unikrunk on Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:05 pm

It's going to take place during the "Cold War", or so I have heard. So, China sounds right.

Title should be "Indiana Jones and The Waddles of Throat".
He can't' love you back...
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby colonel_lugz on Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:06 pm

Indiana Jones and the Mumbling Hasbeen
colonel_lugz
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby unikrunk on Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:08 pm

colonel_lugz wrote:Indiana Jones and the Mumbling Hasbeen

Shit, that could refer to Ford or "I'll take The Rapist for 100 Alex" Connery.
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Lady Sheridan on Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:13 pm

I do not want this film to get made.

That is all.
Lady Sheridan
RED

Postby Lurker Johnson on Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:19 pm

"No Indy. Bad dates."

As long as John Rhys-Davies makes an appearance as Sallah, then this could possibly not suck as much.
Lurker Johnson
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby unikrunk on Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:22 pm

Lurker Johnson wrote:"No Indy. Bad dates."

As long as John Rhys-Davies makes an appearance as Sallah, then this could possibly not suck as much.

I want him in, but as Gimli. Now THAT would be an Indiana Jones movie.

/I also do not want this movie to be made, Ms. Sheridan.
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby doglips on Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:25 pm

If we all build Indy shrines and start thinking positive it will be fine. Ford could be 75 and he'd still make a great lead.
This film may not rule but it will be highly entertaining - and thats all it needs to be. Spielberg has got a lot of built up fun to let out for this movie, he has said so himself, I for one cannot wait to see what he comes up with.
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby MasterWhedon on Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:26 pm

raasnio wrote:I agree with you, though you have to wonder why Lucas and Spielberg are going ahead with this 4th installment. Do they truly feel like it's needed or do they feel the urge to make this for the fans? I can't figue it out. I'm sure I'll be seeing it all the same.

See, that's one of the things that gets me. I think they can still make a good, fun movie, but Lucas has said recently that they can only fail with this film (as he said at the start of The Phantom Menace), that folks will just be too critical of him and of the movie.

So my question: WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU DO IT?!!
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby unikrunk on Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:27 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:
raasnio wrote:I agree with you, though you have to wonder why Lucas and Spielberg are going ahead with this 4th installment. Do they truly feel like it's needed or do they feel the urge to make this for the fans? I can't figue it out. I'm sure I'll be seeing it all the same.

See, that's one of the things that gets me. I think they can still make a good, fun movie, but Lucas has said recently that they can only fail with this film (as he said at the start of The Phantom Menace), that folks will just be too critical of him and of the movie.

A: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:34 pm

He's doing it for the ass?

Wise man.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby raasnio on Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:40 pm

unikrunk wrote:
MasterWhedon wrote:

A: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$

I'm not so sure. It sounds right at first, but any film they make together is sure to bring in the big bucks. I wish they would do a new project together.
raasnio
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Next

Return to Movie Discussion