PredatorS

New movies! Old movies! B-movies! Discuss discuss discuss!!!

Re: PredatorS

Postby ironic name on Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:36 pm

of course its only 9 pages long.
ironic name
had cheer sex with Megan Gale

Postby ironic name on Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:12 am

ironic name

Postby Ribbons on Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:59 am

Should I feel bad for wanting to see this? They've shown very little footage from the film and it comes out like tomorrow (either that or it all just looks the same), which seems weird. But that crazy cast has me intrigued.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby so sorry on Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:31 am

Ribbons wrote:Should I feel bad for wanting to see this? They've shown very little footage from the film and it comes out like tomorrow (either that or it all just looks the same), which seems weird. But that crazy cast has me intrigued.

I think you'll only feel bad AFTER you plunk down your money for this. I've been intrigued from the start about this (being a huge fan of the franchise) but this looks like crap.
a) I can't wrap my head around Adrian Brody as an action star
b) so fucking cliched with the characters (the only thing missing was a sweaty italian mobster in a 3 piece suit)
c) did I mention Adrian Brody as an action star?
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby John-Locke on Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:37 am

The lack of advanced screenings does not bode well.

Nimród Antals last film "Armoured" was complete shit. All signs point to FAIL!
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Fried Gold on Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:49 am

Ribbons wrote:Should I feel bad for wanting to see this? They've shown very little footage from the film and it comes out like tomorrow (either that or it all just looks the same), which seems weird. But that crazy cast has me intrigued.

I want to it. I'm just not going in with particularly high expectations. The same strategy kinda worked with Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem.

And as JL says, Lionel Nimrod's previous works aren't exactly that super.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby judderman on Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:33 pm

Fried Gold wrote:I want to it. I'm just not going in with particularly high expectations. The same strategy kinda worked with Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem.

What were you expecting? That the usher would hold you back in your chair and gouge your eyes out with a melon baller?
Last edited by judderman on Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
judderman
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby tfactor on Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:12 pm

This seems like a hellauva lot better choice than Predators going up against a bunch of Aliens here on earth again, as least as movie concepts go. I think the idea is good; earth's greatest hunters - sent to a planet that is a game preserve, sounds pretty badass and the cast does look sort of solid.

I don't know much more than what you've seen though honestly. But I will try to remain optimistic but as others have pointed out - you should probably set your expectations kind of low. Then if it is this little underadvertised Gem - it would be a nice surprise :?

However I did have a problem with one part of the trailers which I can't seem to get past - the Predators having their own version of hunting dogs!? wtf is that about!? Because doesn't that sort of defeat the whole "predator" idea, if some other creature is doing your hunting for you? Whatever the franchise needed new visuals to get people interested, so its sort of understandable to add cool creatures like this but still - wth? Since when do Predators need assistance?

Will definitely check this out but I'm putting it on the way back burner, likely until DVD release probably
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby so sorry on Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:26 pm

tfactor wrote: wth? Since when do Predators need assistance?

Since Danny Glover kicked one of their asses?

tfactor wrote:Will definitely check this out but I'm putting it on the way back burner, likely until DVD release probably

Realistically I will be doing the same.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:04 pm

you know, what i really loved about the original predator was how it began as a pure 80s badass macho action flick, and then halfway through the predator shows up and then it morphs into this whole different sci-fi/horror/gore flick. i think they need to do that with more movies, like a rom-com or a musical... just start out with some overdone genre, and then have a predator show up in the middle and start killing people. how awesome would it have been to have a predator show up halfway through the back-up plan and shine his three red dots on j.lo's pregnant belly before blowing her to bits, or have him pop up in the middle of knight and day while tom cruise and cameron diaz are doing ridiculous motorcycle stunts, and chop tom cruise in half and the rest of the film is a bloody cameron diaz trying desperately to survive by covering herself in mud and hiding under a tree. now that's a predator movie i'd like to watch.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby DerLanghaarige on Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:17 pm

TheBaxter wrote:you know, what i really loved about the original predator was how it began as a pure 80s badass macho action flick, and then halfway through the predator shows up and then it morphs into this whole different sci-fi/horror/gore flick. i think they need to do that with more movies, like a rom-com or a musical... just start out with some overdone genre, and then have a predator show up in the middle and start killing people. how awesome would it have been to have a predator show up halfway through the back-up plan and shine his three red dots on j.lo's pregnant belly before blowing her to bits, or have him pop up in the middle of knight and day while tom cruise and cameron diaz are doing ridiculous motorcycle stunts, and chop tom cruise in half and the rest of the film is a bloody cameron diaz trying desperately to survive by covering herself in mud and hiding under a tree. now that's a predator movie i'd like to watch.

I think I just found a way to turn the final Harry Potter movies REALLY into the biggest motion picture events of this generation. :lol:
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby judderman on Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:07 pm

TheBaxter wrote:you know, what i really loved about the original predator was how it began as a pure 80s badass macho action flick, and then halfway through the predator shows up and then it morphs into this whole different sci-fi/horror/gore flick. i think they need to do that with more movies, like a rom-com or a musical... just start out with some overdone genre, and then have a predator show up in the middle and start killing people. how awesome would it have been to have a predator show up halfway through the back-up plan and shine his three red dots on j.lo's pregnant belly before blowing her to bits, or have him pop up in the middle of knight and day while tom cruise and cameron diaz are doing ridiculous motorcycle stunts, and chop tom cruise in half and the rest of the film is a bloody cameron diaz trying desperately to survive by covering herself in mud and hiding under a tree. now that's a predator movie i'd like to watch.

Elton beat you to the pole
Last edited by judderman on Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
judderman
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby RogueScribner on Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:54 am

That's what I really liked about From Dusk 'Til Dawn: it starts off as a crime film and then by the time the vampires show up your forgot this was a vampire flick!
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Spandau Belly on Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:09 am

RogueScribner wrote:That's what I really liked about From Dusk 'Til Dawn: it starts off as a crime film and then by the time the vampires show up your forgot this was a vampire flick!

I think I kinda wished that one had stayed a crime story. Keep Trejo with the pistoljock though.

But yeah, the original PREDTOAR starting off like some RAMBO movie is key to its charm not just because it's like two awesome movies in one, but also the earlier situation creates an intresting dynamic between the characters. There's massive distrust between Dutch's crew and Apollo Creed, and there's that hostage prisoner lady too. It makes it all very Romeroesque in that there could be equally dangerous threats among the people. There's the tension from the predator and figuring out what it is and how it works, but you're also not sure of what the other people know, their agendas and what they're going to do.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby Bloo on Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:19 am

I don't think the shift in genres is as jarring in Predator as it is in From Dusk Till Dawn though, because there's lots of hints and stuff dropped from the beginning of Predator. The spaceship in the opening, the heat vision, etc. FDtD there is no forshadowing or hints or anything it just SHIFTS

EDIT: I thought Tom Savini had the pistoljock in FDtD?
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby so sorry on Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:19 am

Bloo wrote:I don't think the shift in genres is as jarring in Predator as it is in From Dusk Till Dawn though, because there's lots of hints and stuff dropped from the beginning of Predator. The spaceship in the opening, the heat vision, etc.

Agree with Bloo here.

Threadjack: From Dusk til Dawn started out as a crime story? Really? For me it started out as a bore until the vamps showed up.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby MacCready on Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:47 pm

Bloo wrote:EDIT: I thought Tom Savini had the pistoljock in FDtD?

You are correct, sir.
MacCready
MAN IN SUIT

Postby judderman on Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:12 pm

I still am interested to know what you guys think of Pride and Predator.
judderman
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby Spandau Belly on Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:01 pm

MacCready wrote:
Bloo wrote:EDIT: I thought Tom Savini had the pistoljock in FDtD?

You are correct, sir.

I haven't seen it since it came out. I guess my memory was a bit fuzzy as to who's dick was a gun and who's dick was the even more deadly weapon of Danny Trejo's dick.

Anyway, they should've made it a Western with pistoljock quickdraws between Trejo and Savini. The ending could be ripped from THE GAUNTLET, just streets lined with pistoljocked guys firing at a stagecoach. There's a real movie! Go make that! And have a Predator show up.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:50 pm

judderman wrote:I still am interested to know what you guys think of Pride and Predator.

did it ever get released?
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby judderman on Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:31 pm

IMDB lists it as still in development, but with Predators and Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (and Ian McKellen, yay!) coming out I don't think it will be released any time soon.
judderman
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby Bloo on Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:55 pm

did Trejo use the pistoljock in one of the Mexico movies?
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby Fried Gold on Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:00 pm

Farkin hell....Predators is good. Really good.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Leckomaniac on Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:07 pm

Fried Gold wrote:Farkin hell....Predators is good. Really good.

How good is it!?
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fried Gold on Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:48 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:

How good is it!?

Rather good.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TonyWilson on Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:35 pm

Fried Gold wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote:

How good is it!?

Rather good.

Whip up a review for The Zone, please, FG. I'm suprised it's good and I want some more detail.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby so sorry on Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:20 am

TonyWilson wrote:
Fried Gold wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote:

How good is it!?

Rather good.

Whip up a review for The Zone, please, FG. I'm suprised it's good and I want some more detail.

C'mon dude, give us a proper review already!

Getting some good buzz from the mothersite. I may have to check this out this weekend.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fried Gold on Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:57 pm

Mostly spoiler-free: (it's taken four attempts to post this as the Zone keeps 404'ing...I lost the original write up)

At its base is a solid survival story with, for an action movie, somewhat interesting characters. It's a nuts & bolts men vs monsters scifi actioner - and it does it extremely well. The film pays homage to the original film, both in it's initial setting and character ensemble, but not in a cheesy pastiche way and soon takes on a life of its own.

A mix of soldiers, mercenaries, murderers, a bandito and....a doctor....have been parachuted into an unknown location. Used to being predators themselves, they have to quickly adjust to being prey and come to terms with what their lives mean. Some take their predicament as a sign of judgement against their ways, some cherish the opportunity and some question whether to use their skills to survive no matter the cost.

Adrian Brody, surprisingly, fits his role quite well (basically a human-version of the Predator) and I wasn't expecting him to work. He, along with Alice Braga, aren't just meathead, muscle-bound soldiers. They are skilled military, but have Ray Mears-style survival intelligence along with it and a conscience.

Some of the team, while largely the neccessary cannon fodder, aren't all what you expect them to be and contribute along the way - one of the them barely has two lines in the whole film yet possibly has the most impact. Laurence Fishburne turns up for a cameo, and you are expecting him to be playing the experienced mentor role to the group but he turns out to be something quite different. Topher Grace fills an interesting role - he's the odd one out in the group, and plays that up for good reason....he isn't really the odd one out at all. The non-American characters, surprisingly, aren't ridiculous stereotypes either - the Russian, who has been plucked from the Chechyn war, in particular could have been a disaster in that respect.

There are knowing references to the larger universe - an alien skull does appear (possibly twice, I'm not sure), the minigun, Dutch's adventure in Guatemala is talked about, the dead soldier's last stand attempt and there are some revived lines of dialogue. Alan Silvestri's original Predator score is also wonderfully reproduced at key moments to good effect.

The alien creatures again have a sense of mystery about them - we obviously know what's there, but its details aren't revealed until well into the film. They still have the tricks of old - stealth, heat-vision, laser guided energy weapon - but they've evolved, a point made in the film itself, and so the new features of the Predators make sense and aren't just there to be cool (The old "get muddy to hide heat signature" is discussed and used for example, and so becomes ineffective)

Creature effects, both live-action and digital, are used well. Out the door are the bulky Predators from AvP, returning to the original design, and some new creatures are introduced as part of the game reserve. Each of the Predators has some individuality - differing hunting styles, custom face masks and facial designs. Like the human group, they each contribute - one is a tracker, one is on reconnaissance, one is like the original Predator and one is a just a bit mental. The Predators feel like Predators again.

There is a great one-on-one between the Yakuza and a Pred.

Predators was brills.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DerLanghaarige on Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:19 pm

Shit man, what a good movie! I was prepared to like it and now I'm surprised how much I like it! It did lots of stuff right. To be honest, I can't think of anything that it did wrong. You get some good characters who you really learn to like pretty quick, all portrayed by the right actors, some good and competent shot action scenes (No shakycam/hyperactive editing bullshit!), lots of humorous tough guy dialogue and a script that keeps you not just engaged throughout but also, while definitely not being Oscar material, leaves you not enough time to figure out an otherwise very obvious twist. But where the script really reaches a level of excellence is in the character behaviour! Remember how in films like "Saw 2" the characters were all busy with attacking each other and practically killing themself with their own stupidity, instead of working together to survive? Well here - and this is not a huge spoiler, because the movie doesn't waste any time with making it clear - they are smart enough to realize immediately that they have to stay and work together if they wanna survive or at least find out what the fuck is going on. Even the convict, who talks about how many women he wants to rape if he gets out of this alive, risks his own life to save the other people, who he has never met before! Go watch it. It's the sequel that Predtor fans hoped for!
8/10
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby MacCready on Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:30 am

These last too reviews give me a case of happy pants. Really wanted this film to work. Sounds like it may have, and considering the way the disappoints have been piling up this summer, that is great news.
MacCready
MAN IN SUIT

Postby judderman on Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:58 am

I think the word most often used to describe this movie is "solid" and that's pretty much what it is. Solid. In other words, if you're expecting Predator, forget it, but if you're expecting Aliens Vs Predator, don't worry. Turn off your brain (even given the rules Predators play by, these patsies are given WAY too many chances, plus there is NO WAY a solar system like the one depicted in this film could exist, AND, as Roger Ebert pointed out, those schweinhunds wouldn't actually be able to eat anything, since their tusks would get in the way) and you should have fun. As was pointed out above, the story makes sense (up to a point); the characters behave at least moderately rationally for people in this kind of movie, and the plot is tight and well constructed. Biggest problem? The interesting characters (Danny Trejo, Lawrence Fishburne, Oleg) depart too soon, while the irritating snot that everyone wants to die lives WAY too long. Also, I know Roderiguez doesn't like CG, but come on! A few touches here and there would have at least made this world look SLIGHTLY alien.
Last edited by judderman on Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
judderman
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby RogueScribner on Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:06 am

Can some spoiler text the deal with Topher Grace's character? I won't catch this movie until DVD but I'm curious (I'm a renowned spoiler whore).

Danke.
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby judderman on Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:08 am

RogueScribner wrote:Can some spoiler text the deal with Topher Grace's character? I won't catch this movie until DVD but I'm curious (I'm a renowned spoiler whore).

Danke.

It's not much of a spoiler. If you've watched his bio on the Predators homepage, and have more than six brain cells in your head, then whatever conclusion you came to about that character is likely very close to what happens in the movie.
judderman
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:59 am

Saw it tonight. I agree with the above, particularly FG's well written review. I'd give it a solid 8/10.

FG, I missed the alien skullsomehow, and I was even on the lookout for one. I assume it was in the Predator House of Death somewhere? Not sure how I missed it! I'll have to watch it again...and it is worth a re-watch. Though the thing with Topherwas pretty obvious from the get-go.

Had a very good time with this one. Go see it.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby DerLanghaarige on Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:47 am

Lord Voldemoo wrote: Though the thing with Topherwas pretty obvious from the get-go.

Yes, but like I said, the script keeps you busy enough to not further think about it. I mean It's very obvious that he must have done something gruesome enough to deserve the Predator's attention, but until he dropped his mask, I was not just convinced that he was not a cold-blooded killer, but also totally forgot to think about a reason why he was there. And they even give you enough hints! Like, why would a doctor carry a scalpel in his pocket? And even when he shows the photo of the Russian's kids and claims that they are his own, you could see it as a hint at what a calculating bastard he is, instead of the joke that it is played like.

BTW, the idea, that some spoiled upper-class Predators kidnap the biggest badasses of the Universe to hunt and fight them, made me smile a lot, because I had to think of something that Vern wrote once. He wondered what had happened if a Predator had been there at the end of Halloween H20 and witnessed how Laurie chopped Michael's head off. He would probably made her an honorary Predator, but thinking of it, that probably only applies to the normal blue-collar Predator, who respected Danny Glover. The spoiled upper class ones had probably just kidnapped her and dropped her at their hunting place.
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby ironic name on Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:33 am

rogue: topher was the team medic who also happened to be a sadistic killer.
ironic name

Postby ironic name on Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:36 am

Fried Gold wrote:There are knowing references to the larger universe - an alien skull does appear (possibly twice, I'm not sure)

the one in the puddle was a predator skull.
ironic name

Postby Fried Gold on Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:09 am

Lord Voldemoo wrote:Saw it tonight. I agree with the above, particularly FG's well written review. I'd give it a solid 8/10.

FG, I missed the alien skullsomehow, and I was even on the lookout for one. I assume it was in the Predator House of Death somewhere? Not sure how I missed it! I'll have to watch it again...and it is worth a re-watch. Though the thing with Topherwas pretty obvious from the get-go.

There was one definite alien skull in the Predator House of Death. I can't quite remember the specific spot at the moment.

The other possible hint of alien skull seemed to be in the mask of the head Predator - "Bezerker" is apparently what he's called. The top half of the mask seemed, to me, to be quite reminiscent of it (although it might not be an intentional design, just me over-thinking it)

As for Topher Grace, obviously there is a sense of him being different to the others in the group, but I honestly didn't think he'd turn out to be a psycho-killer. I thought either a) he's put in the group to be a handicap of some sort or b) he was put in the group to patch them up and keep them going longer for the Predators to hunt. But I agree, if you think about it logically, it was pretty obvious from the start.

Now...Can the rest of you grunts hurry up and see this film, so we don't have to keep spoiler tagging.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:16 pm

Fried Gold wrote:
Lord Voldemoo wrote:Saw it tonight. I agree with the above, particularly FG's well written review. I'd give it a solid 8/10.

There was one definite alien skull in the Predator House of Death. I can't quite remember the specific spot at the moment.

The other possible hint of alien skull seemed to be in the mask of the head Predator - "Bezerker" is apparently what he's called. The top half of the mask seemed, to me, to be quite reminiscent of it (although it might not be an intentional design, just me over-thinking it)

As for Topher Grace, obviously there is a sense of him being different to the others in the group, but I honestly didn't think he'd turn out to be a psycho-killer. I thought either a) he's put in the group to be a handicap of some sort or b) he was put in the group to patch them up and keep them going longer for the Predators to hunt. But I agree, if you think about it logically, it was pretty obvious from the start.

Now...Can the rest of you grunts hurry up and see this film, so we don't have to keep spoiler tagging.

Yeah, I'm definitely gonna have to see it again, I can't allow that easter egg to go by unseen.

On Topher, my first thought was the same as your (b) above. In order to make it a decent fight they brought in a medic. But when the woman and Brody were talking about them all being "Predators" my first thought was..."ohhh, Topher's a sexual predator." For some reason I had him pegged as a child molester (sorry about that, Topher, I guess it's just you), and I thought they were leading into something weird with him and the Russian and the picture of the Russian's kids, but what they ended up doing made more sense. So I didn't have it dead on, but I had an inking.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby DaleTremont on Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:39 am

I agree with almost everything you guys have been saying. Really enjoyed this a lot...great fun action-horror flick.

My only thing was it took me a little while to warm up to Adrien Brody. Has he always had such a Batman voice?
DaleTremont
Loincloth Bronson

Postby DerLanghaarige on Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:17 am

DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby ironic name on Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:20 am

DaleTremont wrote:My only thing was it took me a little while to warm up to Adrien Brody. Has he always had such a Batman voice?

that was what I liked about the character, he was asshole.
I was a little disappointed that he came back for them, he should have just shot venom and and taken alice braga with him.
I thought for sure he would shoot the bad guy from the ship and save the girl like in true lies.
ironic name

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:04 pm

Thumbs up from me, I enjoyed the hell out of it. Watched the closing credits as I usually do and lost count of how many times Rodriguez had his name in there.

12 Predator homages to look out for in Predators - and 1 Alien shout out Spoilers.

Also, When Movie Remastering Goes Too Far. Suddenly not so keen to get the original on Blu-ray.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Ribbons on Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:44 pm

I probably shouldn't have read any of your reviews before I saw the movie, because about a week ago I was prepared to go in expecting it to suck! It's decent, better than average, but it's really not that good. I liked the premise a lot and there were some surprisingly existential riffs on what it means to be human, but there was a lot of stuff in the film that was annoying or kind of stupid. I know Predator has its roots in B-flick actioners, but even for what it was, it could have been better. Although props have to be paid to the actors/writers for not making the diverse cast of "predators" into horrible stereotypes (with one or two exceptions).

Favorite scene: the yakuza's showdown in the tall grass.

Also, Adrien Brody makes a surprisingly convincing badass, although Walton Goggins steals the show (as usual)
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby bastard_robo on Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:42 am

As a Predator fan.. PREDATORS is the film I've been waiting 15 years for...
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby MacCready on Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:23 pm

Liked it - didn't love it. But it was so very close in tone and composition to the first film that it was a welcome return after the misfires we've been fed in the meantime. Particularly loved Hanso VS the Predator, ala Billy in the first film. And enjoyed all the shout outs to the first film. Wished Danny had stuck around a bit longer, but I guess someone has to die first.... All told....6.9 of 10.
MacCready
MAN IN SUIT

Postby Pacino86845 on Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:01 am

Well you guys have got me convinced, I will try and catch the matinee of this today... so the $6 (or whatever matinees cost these days) is on you! That shit is on you!
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby ironic name on Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:23 am

here;
tightarse tuesday is $10
regular student/pension discount is $15
normal tickets are like 20.
James Cameron doesn't care.
ironic name

Postby travis-dane on Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:08 pm

I liked the film alot, nice group of actors, good FX , tight story, some good ground work for future movies and Adrien Brody makes for a good badass.
But Walton really stole it..
-
Lesbian Nazi Hookers Abducted by UFOs and Forced Into Weight Loss Programs!
travis-dane
100% OLEG!

Postby ironic name on Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:57 am

ironic name wrote:
Fried Gold wrote:There are knowing references to the larger universe - an alien skull does appear (possibly twice, I'm not sure)

the one in the puddle was a predator skull.

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode= ... 00&start=0
ironic name

PreviousNext

Return to Movie Discussion