Star Wars: Episode III -- Revenge of the Sith

New movies! Old movies! B-movies! Discuss discuss discuss!!!

Was the ROTS Space Battle too short?

Yes.
40%
No.
29%
KHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNN!
31%

Total votes : 42

Re: Star Wars: Episode III -- Revenge of the Sith

Postby Heyoucantlaughatthat on Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:55 am

RotS was definitely the best of 1-3, and I hated Attack of the Clones, besides getting to see Yoda fight...

But we got that in RotS too. There were so many epic sequences it's hard not to like it as a whole, and Grievous was a pretty cool new character. The coughing bit got old, but then Obi-Wan killed him so problem solved.

And...and fuckin' Mace Windu man...give me a minute here guys... :P

When you're watching this on DVD, it actually makes the movie a lot better if you press the fast forward button any time that Padme comes onto the screen.
Heyoucantlaughatthat
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby TheButcher on Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:13 am

Charonus wrote:Revenge of the Sith... just a sickening, epic angle I found to be pretty sweet. And the sunrise twinkling over the atmosphere.

StarWarsRedux wrote:
Keepcoolbutcare wrote:
Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:Let us not forget the terrific opening scene of Revenge of the Sith. The pan down along the blinding sunlight over Coruscant to the Star Destroyer with the scary drums playing over it, the screaming of the 2 Jedi Fighters chasing into battle, then the tracking shot of them, including the mind blowing bit where they dive over the Star Destroyer into the action that within a split second reveals the whole epic Space Battle right to your very eyes, then follwing the fighters as they fly trench like through all the huge battle ships firing at each other, then coming in right on R2's head sitting in Anakin's fighter, revealing who the Jedi pilots are, that we have been following.

Brilliantly exciting and even nerve racking, this is what Star Wars is all about.

Shame the fucking rest of the Space Battle only lasts 5 minutes.

Fucking Diner.

I'll second all of those sentiments.

I'll make it a third, and also offer the opening of The Phantom Menace. Yeah, I know it's tres chic and everything to look down on this film, but I can't imagine how anyone could have been anything less than enthralled by the opening. When the Trade Federation goomba asks Nute Gunray if he's "Ever encountered a Jedi Knight before," it's the perfect question for the audience as well. After 22 years, we're finally getting to see what the Jedi in their prime were capable of. Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan slicing and dicing their way through battle droids makes for a great beginning, and if you're not a fan of most of what follows-- Jar Jar's hijinks, Amidala's wardrobery, Anakin's tomfoolery and Palpatine's fillibustering-- I can peacefully and respectfully disagree. If you don't like to see Jedi Knights in action, though, and you claim to be a fan, then there's something very disturbing about you.

Oh, by the way: A Clockwork Orange. Has anybody mentioned that? I don't think so. How about Eyes Wide Shut? Yes, I know most people think it's boring, but any movie with Nicole Kidman's naked ass as its first shot deserves to be recognized for a great opening sequence, at least.

Art Critic Calls 'Star Wars: Episode III' Greatest Work of Our Time
“The long finale of 'Revenge of the Sith' has more inherent artistic value, emotional power and global impact than anything by the artists you name,” says Camille Paglia.
Aaron Couch wrote:Although many fans consider 2005's Star Wars: Episode III -- Revenge of the Sith the best installment of the divisive Star Wars prequel trilogy, does it really rank among an Egyptian tomb or the great American novel as a work of art?

Noted art critic Camille Paglia makes that claim in her book Glittering Images, calling George Lucas’ final Star Wars film the greatest work of art of the past 30 years. She spoke about her assertion in an interview with Vice.

“The long finale of Revenge of the Sith has more inherent artistic value, emotional power and global impact than anything by the artists you name," she said. "It's because the art world has flat-lined and become an echo chamber of received opinion and toxic over-praise. It's like the emperor's new clothes -- people are too intimidated to admit what they secretly think or what they might think with their blinders off.”

Her book traces the key moments in Western art from the Egyptians to modern times. She said when choosing something to represent the digital art section, she considered using Japanese anime but concluded that “it lacked the overwhelming operatic power and, yes, seriousness of Lucas' Revenge of the Sith.”

Star Wars: Episode VII is currently slated for a 2015 release with writer Michael Arndt (Little Miss Sunshine) tackling the script. Perhaps Paglia will have new reason to sing the praises of a galaxy far, far away.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby so sorry on Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:37 am

Oh shut the fuck up you stupid git.

Not you Butcher, than douchebag art critic who is clearly just trying to drum up publicity for her book.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fievel on Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:26 am

so sorry wrote:Oh shut the fuck up you stupid git.

Not you Butcher, than douchebag art critic who is clearly just trying to drum up publicity for her book.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

To all of that. I imagined a slightly taken aback Butcher feeling stunned until the second line. Perhaps a single tear rolling down the cheek as he uttered "Why, so sorry, why?"

But yeah. I liked the third prequel the most. Probably because it had everything I expected within it. There was very little Lucas could do to fuck it up. But to go off on it like that and put it on a pedestal so high it touches the fucking clouds? Fuck off.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:46 am

hey... at least she didn't say it was Episode I.

meesa think camille paglia is muy muy ALF!
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Spandau Belly on Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:54 pm

I would watch a roundtable discussion between Camille Paglia and Armond White, but only if Ali G. agreed to act as moderator.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby Bloo on Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:01 pm

Spandau Belly wrote:I would watch a roundtable discussion between Camille Paglia and Armond White, but only if Ali G. agreed to act as moderator.

make this happen
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby TheButcher on Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:18 pm

Fievel wrote:
so sorry wrote:Oh shut the fuck up you stupid git.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

To all of that. I imagined a slightly taken aback Butcher feeling stunned until the second line. Perhaps a single tear rolling down the cheek as he uttered "Why, so sorry, why?"

:lol:
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:54 am

Star Wars Bits: Episode VIII Production Designer, Force Awakens Actress, Rebels Marathon
Revenge of the Sith 3D may still be released after The Force Awakens.
Germain Lussier wrote:A few days ago up in the Bay Area, Attack of the Clones 3D screened as part of a special event for legendary effects guru, Dennis Muren. At the event, Muren confirmed that a 3D conversion of Revenge of the Sith was completed and that he though it might actually get some kind of release after The Force Awakens comes out. Read more about it on Star Wars Underworld.

'Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith': Read THR's 2005 Review
“The final episode of George Lucas’ cinematic epic ‘Star Wars’ ends the six-movie series on such a high note that one feels like yelling out, ‘Rewind!’”
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Star Wars: Episode III -- Revenge of the Fith

Postby TheButcher on Fri May 05, 2017 1:52 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Mon May 15, 2017 11:00 am

‘Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith’ Original Ending Had Padmé Make Some Bold Moves
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Fievel on Mon May 15, 2017 12:32 pm

Damn...that would have been awesome. :shock:
Funny to hear him trash the film ("Noooooo!")
I hope to watch that we whole video sometime.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Re: Star Wars: Revenge of the Prequels

Postby TheButcher on Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:58 am

When Did The Star Wars Prequels Become Cool?
After almost twenty years of hate, Star Wars fandom is finally seeing the good in the prequel trilogy. We explore how this happened.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Previous

Return to Movie Discussion