Best Fett? (Now with Poll!)

New movies! Old movies! B-movies! Discuss discuss discuss!!!

Boba or Jango?

Boba
57%
Jango
24%
Kong (done for tradition's sake, please don't pick this)
19%

Total votes : 37

Postby bluebottle on Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:53 pm

IMPAMPILASH!!
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Re: Boba Fett 2016 Movie

Postby TheButcher on Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:17 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: BOBA FETT: BOUNTER HUNTER 2016

Postby TheButcher on Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:30 pm

'Star Wars' Stand-alone Movie to Star Felicity Jones (Exclusive)
Sources say that Aaron Paul and Edgar Ramirez are on the interest list for the male lead.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: BOBA FETT: BOUNTER HUNTER 2016

Postby TheButcher on Mon May 04, 2015 6:47 pm

‘Star Wars’ 2nd Anthology Film Will Be Boba Fett’s Origin Story
Josh Trank recently exited the Disney project, which will follow the galaxy’s most notorious bounty hunter

2nd STAR WARS ANTHOLOGY To Be Boba Fett Backstory
Will this hurt our reborn STAR WARS enthusiasm?
Devin Faraci wrote: I still stand by my old pitch for this film: a Midnight Run riff with Boba Fett transporting a bounty while evading the other bounty hunters. That would be a fucking cool movie indeed.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Who's the Bossk?

Postby TheButcher on Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:55 pm

HOT RUMOR:
Looks Like Han Solo AND Boba Fett Are In The 2nd ‘Star Wars’ Anthology Film!

Mark Reilly wrote:The source reports that the conflict between Fett and Solo that was only hinted at in the original trilogy (and seen countless times in the Expanded Universe) will finally be onscreen in a film taking place between Star Wars: Episode III- Revenge of the Sith and Star Wars: Episode IV- A New Hope. Additionally, it’s been mentioned that characters such as Chewbacca, Lando Calrissian, and Bossk will make appearances throughout the film.

Also, according to the source, Disney really wants to delve into the “hive of scum and villainy” that Star Wars has been known for. As Rouge One definitely seems to be playing off of the influences of War films (the Zero Dark Thirty/Saving Private Ryan of the Star Wars Universe) this Anthology film will explore the influence of Westerns and bounty hunter films. Though no director is attached following Trank’s departure, my source is saying that both Jon Faverau and Matthew Vaughn have been thought to be circling the project.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Best Fett? (Now with Poll!)

Postby TheButcher on Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:50 am

‘Star Wars': Former ‘Wonder Woman’ Director Met For Second Spinoff
‘Breaking Bad’ and ‘Game of Thrones’ director Michelle MacLaren has met with Lucasfilm about the second Star Wars Anthology film.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:47 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Best Fett is Schrödinger's Cat

Postby TheButcher on Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:19 pm

/film:
How the Star Wars Standalone Movies Will Be Different And Is Boba Fett Still Alive?
The Saga Films Will Focus on the Skywalker Story
The “Star Wars Story” Movies Will Be Genre Stories

Peter Sciretta wrote:Last we saw Boba Fett in the movies was in Return of the Jedi, when the infamous bounty hunter fell into the Sarlacc pit and was assumed dead. Fans have spent three decades theorizing about the bounty hunter’s fate. Lucasfilm historian J.W. Rinzler says that George Lucas once told him that Boba Fett survived the events of Return of the Jedi: “Yes, he does. I have been in meetings with George where he confirms that Fett survived. If it comes from George then it’s true!”

But not so in this new universe where the Lucasfilm Story Group, not Lucas, controls the future of the franchise. Story Group member Pablo Hidalgo said at Star Wars Celebration that “Boba Fett is both simultaneously alive and dead in the Sarlacc pit until a story pulls him out.” Years ago we even pegged that as one of 10 Star Wars mysteries that the Star Wars standalone movies could potentially explore.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Fri May 06, 2016 9:59 am

‘Star Wars’: Boba Fett’s Original Role in ‘Return of the Jedi’ Revealed
Craig Miller, who worked as the official fan relations officer for Lucasfilm during the age of George Lucas, spoke to Inverse about the much larger role originally planned for Boba Fett.
Originally Boba Fett was set up in Empire as a character, and the third movie’s plot was going to be more about Boba Fett rescuing Han Solo and all of that. Boba was gonna be the main villain…That was set up, why he was taking Han Solo away, why there was a thing with him in the Christmas special. When George decided not to make a third trilogy, he completely jettisoned that story line, which is why in the first ten minutes, Boba Fett gets bumped into and falls into the mouth of a giant monster. So he took what was planned for the third trilogy, which was the confrontation between Luke and Darth Vader, and the battle with the Emperor, and that got squished down from three movies to one movie. And that became the plot of Jedi.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby so sorry on Fri May 06, 2016 10:34 am

TheButcher wrote:‘Star Wars’: Boba Fett’s Original Role in ‘Return of the Jedi’ Revealed
Craig Miller, who worked as the official fan relations officer for Lucasfilm during the age of George Lucas, spoke to Inverse about the much larger role originally planned for Boba Fett.
Originally Boba Fett was set up in Empire as a character, and the third movie’s plot was going to be more about Boba Fett rescuing Han Solo and all of that. Boba was gonna be the main villain…That was set up, why he was taking Han Solo away, why there was a thing with him in the Christmas special. When George decided not to make a third trilogy, he completely jettisoned that story line, which is why in the first ten minutes, Boba Fett gets bumped into and falls into the mouth of a giant monster. So he took what was planned for the third trilogy, which was the confrontation between Luke and Darth Vader, and the battle with the Emperor, and that got squished down from three movies to one movie. And that became the plot of Jedi.

Maybe its me, but that paragraph is confusing as hell.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheButcher on Fri May 06, 2016 7:01 pm

so sorry wrote:
TheButcher wrote:‘Star Wars’: Boba Fett’s Original Role in ‘Return of the Jedi’ Revealed

Maybe its me, but that paragraph is confusing as hell.

Originally Boba Fett was set up in Empire as a character
    and the third movie’s plot was going to be more about Boba Fett rescuing Han Solo and all of that
    Boba was gonna be the main villain…
    That was set up, why he was taking Han Solo away, why there was a thing with him in the Christmas special.
    And that became the plot of Jedi.

And that is how we came up with the origin of Jango Fett.
It all makes sense now.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:52 am

Rumor: Boba Fett Solo Film May Still Be in Development
Though previous reports have suggested otherwise, new information suggests a Boba Fett solo project is still being considered.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby so sorry on Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:44 am

TheButcher wrote:Rumor: Boba Fett Solo Film May Still Be in Development
Though previous reports have suggested otherwise, new information suggests a Boba Fett solo project is still being considered.

Well if they plan on putting out a new SW movie every year, of course they'll get around to Fett.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fievel on Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:35 pm

The only character-based spinoff I want to see is Obi-Wan. Other than that, I just don't care. Han, Yoda, Boba Fett....the unknown enriches their characters. Rogue One, with its situation-based story delivered what I want - new, unexplored characters, worlds, and situations. Yes, I know that situation wasn't entirely new....
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:51 am

we already know way more about boba fett than i ever wanted to know.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fievel on Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:28 pm

TheBaxter wrote:we already know way more about boba fett than i ever wanted to know.

You know what they say about those with little Fett......
.......small Boba.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheButcher on Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:25 am

It Looks Like BOBA FETT Will Indeed Be The Next STAR WARS STORY Movie After HAN SOLO
We know that Josh Trank was being lined up to direct Boba Fett, but we've heard very little about the movie since.
Josh Wilding wrote:My Entertainment World has added Boba Fett to a list of upcoming film production, a sign that it will likely start development in the very near future. Apparently, it's set to shoot at Pinewood Studios in London, and we have what may be a synopsis:
"An origin story of the galaxy’s most notorious bounty hunter. Boba Fett is a Mandalorian warrior who was trained by his father-figure Jango Fett and became a notorious bounty hunter throughout the galaxy."

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:41 am

TheButcher wrote:It Looks Like BOBA FETT Will Indeed Be The Next STAR WARS STORY Movie After HAN SOLO
We know that Josh Trank was being lined up to direct Boba Fett, but we've heard very little about the movie since.
Josh Wilding wrote:My Entertainment World has added Boba Fett to a list of upcoming film production, a sign that it will likely start development in the very near future. Apparently, it's set to shoot at Pinewood Studios in London, and we have what may be a synopsis:
"An origin story of the galaxy’s most notorious bounty hunter. Boba Fett is a Mandalorian warrior who was trained by his father-figure Jango Fett and became a notorious bounty hunter throughout the galaxy."

DO NOT WANT.

seriously, though... i'll probably see it, but haven't we already seen Boba Fett's "origin story," or at least enough of it, in the prequels? this may be the first SW film i don't see in the theater and just wait for it on blu-ray.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Peven on Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:29 am

i don't know, making an entire origin story movie about a guy we know dies due to a Three Stooges-like mishap seems almost Kafka-esque.........I like it :D

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:12 pm

Peven wrote:i don't know, making an entire origin story movie about a guy we know dies due to a Three Stooges-like mishap seems almost Kafka-esque.........I like it :D

hopefully they'll follow it up with a film based on the relationship between the Rancor and his trainer... truly the most tragic love story in the Star Wars canon.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby TheButcher on Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:51 am

TheBaxter wrote:
Peven wrote:i don't know, making an entire origin story movie about a guy we know dies due to a Three Stooges-like mishap seems almost Kafka-esque.........I like it :D

hopefully they'll follow it up with a film based on the relationship between the Rancor and his trainer... truly the most tragic love story in the Star Wars canon.

star wars rancor keeper
‘Malakili the Rancor Keeper: A Star Wars Story’
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Peven on Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:01 am

TheButcher wrote:
TheBaxter wrote:

star wars rancor keeper
‘Malakili the Rancor Keeper: A Star Wars Story’

hells yeah, a Star Wars version of Lassie come Home, except Lassie is killed by a Jedi in this one :(

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:26 pm

apparently one of the SW Aftermath books actually has a chapter about that guy's post-Rancor life, and how depressed he was, and his search for a new purpose in life after losing his beloved pet.

seriously.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Peven on Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:25 pm

TheBaxter wrote:apparently one of the SW Aftermath books actually has a chapter about that guy's post-Rancor life, and how depressed he was, and his search for a new purpose in life after losing his beloved pet.

seriously.

I always thought that guy looked like he was there after being arrested for being a pedophile and working with beasts was his prison duty where he finally found redemptive purpose in life ............I may have overthought this a bit :)

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Previous

Return to Movie Discussion