Wonder Woman

New movies! Old movies! B-movies! Discuss discuss discuss!!!

Postby athenabodicea on Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:53 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:
athenabodicea wrote:Can we work "Fanfuckingtastic" OR "Whoo hoo" into the script somehow???

I'll work it in. It might have to be more a "fanfuckingtastic-age" or a "hoo of the woo variety", but I'll see what I can do.

I<3youilash!!!!
ImageImageImage
athenabodicea
GEEK GODDESS

Postby Leckomaniac on Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:58 pm

Oh man it begins again...

All we need now is Gaffney and it will be the Athena/Gaffney show...part deux!
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Nachokoolaid on Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:08 pm

athenabodicea wrote:
Nachokoolaid wrote:I don't really prefer her. I'd just like to see an "ethnic" Wonder Woman. J Lo is just one of the only ones that I think have the chops to pull it off. (Think of Out of Sight).

Plus, it seems to get under Athena's skin, and that's fun.

Hahahaha....
Just a few beers and your demise shall be mine.....

(insert evil laugh and sexy wink)

Hahahahaha....
I've got my powers back....

Well, I'd like to say that my powers involve getting under your skin, but their much better suited for getting under clothes.

ZING! (Insert evil laugh of my own!)
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Peven on Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:38 am

Monica Belucci would be an inspired choice, imo. too bad it seems they are planning a teeny bopper-esque, buffy-like version of Wonder Woman though, which means Monica would be too mature for the role.

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby MadCapsule on Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:12 pm

Lindsey Lohan is apparently interested in the role. :roll:

My vote would be for Bellucci or Evangeline Lilly.
MadCapsule
SUSAN CAGLE

Postby athenabodicea on Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:14 pm

Evangeline Lilly is too tiny...
ImageImageImage
athenabodicea
GEEK GODDESS

Postby MadCapsule on Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:28 pm

She has good muscle tone, though. And hell, if Tom Cruise can be made to look tall, they can do it with anybody. :)
MadCapsule
SUSAN CAGLE

Postby RogueScribner on Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:31 am

Kate Beckinsale is Wonder Woman!

Nice April Fool's joke, but now that I think about it, she wouldn't be a bad choice. :)
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby MasterWhedon on Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:38 pm

Moviehole has a story up from a few days back with a new name that's said to be in the running: Nadia Bjorlin of Days of Our Lives. Click HERE to be amazed.

We should be getting a name relatively soon, as I believe the tentative plan is still for them to be shooting later this year.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby RogueScribner on Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:40 pm

She looks a'ight, I guess, but can she act?
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby MasterWhedon on Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:45 pm

She's got that exotic look though. Those eyes would light up on camera.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby John-Locke on Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:46 pm

She looks like she belongs on a TV show, those looks are not very well suited to the Big Screen if you ask me, she's not unique looking enough.

Not that I really care too much either way.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Adam Balm on Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:48 pm

FUCK NO!

Morena Baccarin or Beckinsale are the only two I've seen that have the unique look and charisma to pull this off.
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Nachokoolaid on Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:53 pm

Adam Balm wrote:FUCK NO!

Morena Baccarin or Beckinsale are the only two I've seen that have the unique look and charisma to pull this off.

Funny. Charisma Carpenter doesn't have enough charisma. The sad irony!
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Adam Balm on Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:56 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:She's got that exotic look though. Those eyes would light up on camera.

So does Grace Jones.
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby RogueScribner on Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:02 pm

They should just CGI Wonder Woman in. It worked for Lucas!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Ribbons on Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:20 pm

Alexa Davalos has that whole exotic thing going on as well... although I don't think she necessarily exudes the naivete (or "innocence" if you'd rather not mince words) necessary for the Wonder Woman that Whedon is looking for.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby buster00 on Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:57 am

RogueScribner wrote:They should just CGI Wonder Woman in. It worked for Lucas!

"Hey yo, Cheetah! Yousa in biiiiig bombad doo-doo dis time! Meesa tie you up make you do tewwwible things!!"
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Conroy420 on Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:50 pm

I bet the casting for this will be annouced after Superman Returns hits theaters.

Just like how all the SR info started coming out after Batman Begins was released.
To read some original works by me, please ask, I need the feedback!
Conroy420
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby Peven on Wed May 03, 2006 1:53 pm

latest blurb from Whedon, over at superherohype.com.....

"Joss Whedon on Wonder Woman
Source: ifMagazine.com May 3, 2006

ifMagazine.com talked to Joss Whedon at the Saturn Awards on Tuesday and he gave an update on his Wonder Woman feature:

"It's sort of shifting under me," says Whedon. "I'm doing more rewriting on this than I am used to. Finding her was fun, and finding the structure of the film was incredibly difficult and fun. I am not bringing in any villains that anyone knows. I will not be bringing in any of the rogues gallery from the comic book. The villain is original to the film."

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Ribbons on Wed May 03, 2006 2:15 pm

Cheetah-Woman!!!! NOOOO!!!!!!!
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Adam Balm on Wed May 03, 2006 2:20 pm

Peven wrote:
"It's sort of shifting under me," says Whedon. "I'm doing more rewriting on this than I am used to. Finding her was fun, and finding the structure of the film was incredibly difficult and fun. I am not bringing in any villains that anyone knows. I will not be bringing in any of the rogues gallery from the comic book. The villain is original to the film."

*gasp*

I'm sure the millions of Dr. Psycho fans are forming an internet petition as we speak.
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Peven on Wed May 03, 2006 2:32 pm

hasn't he said before that he planned on drawing on greek mythology for his villain? maybe the minotaur is found frozen in ice and after being thawed out goes on a rampage? the hydra wakes from a 3 thousand yr slumber? a bunch of river nymphs go rogue and start flooding the cities of europe?

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby MasterWhedon on Mon May 08, 2006 1:23 pm

There's a Wonder Woman audition "trailer" online HERE by a young lass who wants to be the unknown Joss casts.

It's, well... Watch it for yourself.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby unikrunk on Mon May 08, 2006 1:28 pm

Well, using the music from batman begins was cool, and reminded me of how much I loved batman begins, and how uninterested I am in a Wonder Womyn Movie.

Other than that...I don't know, Sapphic?
He can't' love you back...
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Peven on Mon May 08, 2006 1:31 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:There's a Wonder Woman audition "trailer" online HERE by a young lass who wants to be the unknown Joss casts.

It's, well... Watch it for yourself.

that was friggin hilarious. thank you Whedon, i needed that.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Adam Balm on Mon May 08, 2006 1:53 pm

That little epilogue was pretty clever though.

"As soon as it gets dark I'm gonna go out looking for trouble..."

I dunno, I'm so immune after seeing so many of these sucky fanfilms that these days I'm almost always impressed in some way...
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MasterWhedon on Mon May 08, 2006 2:10 pm

I really enjoy watching fan films for the spirit of the things. Most often the production is incredibly cheap and the folks take themselves way too seriously, but every now and again you catch some original ideas in there that make it worthwhile.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby unikrunk on Mon May 08, 2006 2:12 pm

So, I take it Whedon wants to cast an unkown? That's pretty cool, for all the reasons everyone knows which I won't go into here.
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MasterWhedon on Mon May 08, 2006 2:17 pm

unikrunk wrote:So, I take it Whedon wants to cast an unkown? That's pretty cool, for all the reasons everyone knows which I won't go into here.

He actually hasn't discussed casting the film aside from saying Morgan Freeman is his first choice. He dismisses the question any time it's asked, saying he won't discuss it until the film is done being written.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Adam Balm on Fri May 19, 2006 1:04 pm

So Superherohype says no Beckinsale for Princess Diana...

superherohype.com wrote:MTV chatted with "Underworld" franchise star Kate Beckinsale, who says she's not interested in playing Wonder Woman:

As Kate Beckinsale sees it, she could never play Wonder Woman even if the part were offered to her.

"I never got the underwear," she explained recently. "My mother didn't believe in nylon underwear. She thought it made you itchy."

It's been nearly a year since rumors surfaced that Beckinsale would star in Joss Whedon's "Wonder Woman" movie, and the actress is still having to answer to it.

"I get texted from friends all around the world saying, 'That's so awesome! I'm so happy for you. That's so great,' and I have to just text them and say, 'It's actually not true,' " Beckinsale said. "I think I've embarrassed my daughter quite enough."

http://superherohype.com/news.php?id=4266
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby athenabodicea on Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:24 pm

I wrote this for Fi-Sci but I don't see many of you over that way & so I thought I would share it here as well... Just to warn you, it's a monster....lol

Ok... As you all know, I LOVES ME SOME WONDER WOMAN !!! I was asked to write a little something about her & this is what I came up with... I had to do a little researching to get the names, dates etc straight....

Anyway.. hope you enjoy... ;)

athenabodicea wrote:Wonder Woman was definitely a female character that I considered to be a great role model while growing up. I was 6 years old when Wonder Woman came to network television in 1976 and when I got older, I was continually reminded of how annoying I had been to my parents for constantly asking "Is Wonder Woman on tonight?".

But come on..... I mean.. Can you blame me??? Every boy I knew had a crush on Wonder Woman and every girl I knew wanted to be Wonder Woman. I was no exception to this observation. I even made my mother buy me Wonder Woman underoo's...

(THAT'S RIIIIIIGHT... I WORE THEM LOUD AND PROUD!!!!)

which I would wear whenever I was watching the show. I also had a cape which was really just a pillow case that I tied around my neck. :roll: I made my own bullet proof bracelets out of aluminum foil and even cut a piece of rope off my mother's clothes line to make myself a magic lasso of truth. Boy did I catch hell for that.... lol

It was (in fact) Wonder Woman who inspired me to become so interested in Greek and Roman mythology and inspired me to learn more about the Amazonian (???) ways. Amazon women were big, beautiful, intelligent, honorable and brave. They stood together as a single nation unified against sexism and stood for the very essence of what a strong, independant woman should be. I must admit that I was not an avid comic reader when it came to Wonder Woman, though I did get my hands on an issue every now and again and loved them. Most of what I know about Wonder Woman comes from the television show and from reading/research. It is my understanding that the tv series stayed pretty faithful to the comic book.

William Moulton Marston is credited with the creation of Wonder Woman. He was a psychologist who studied at Harvard and invented polygraph/lie detector test. (I like how he incorporated the lasso of truth into the story-Very interesting) He had an idea for a female superhero who could be a role model for girls and then sold that idea to the editor at D.C. by showing what he believed to be "the most powerful feminine qualities, "sexual allure' and 'domination via submission,' in which women made themselves so irresistible to men that men would willingly allow women to rule them".

How fucking cool is that???... and this was back in the 1940's during WWII.....

These are his exact words which were published in "The American Scholar" in 1944:
"Not even girls want to be girls so long as our feminine archetype lacks force, strength, and power. Not wanting to be girls, they don't want to be tender, submissive, peace-loving as good women are. Women's strong qualities have become despised because of their weakness. The obvious remedy is to create a feminine character with the strength of Superman plus all of the allure of a good and beautiful woman."

:shock: :shock: :shock: Whoo hoo!!!!

BTW.... Did anybody know that Wonder Woman often called upon a group of sorority women known as the "Holiday Girls" in emergencies??? Etta Candy (I just learned this..lol) stood out of this group because of her distinctive figure and because she was known to say "Whoo hoo" all the time...lol.. Sorry, had to share...

William Moulton Marston created the character Wonder Woman (aka Diana of Themyscira/Goddess of Truth) under the pen name Charles Moulton in 1941.

For those of you who don't know...this is my understanding of how Wonder Woman came to be:

The original Amazons were born from tortured souls that were made to rise in the form of clay from the bottom of the ocean. They became flesh and blood upon reaching the water's surface. The amazons then founded the city of Themyscira with Hippolyta (Wonder Woman's mother) as their Queen. Hippolyta's father (Ares) wanted to humiliate the Amazon women and so he sent Herakles and his army to invade their nation. Hippolyta was able to avoid physical confrontation by offering peace and inviting Herakles to dinner among the Amazon women. Herkales drugged the wine at the dinner and took the women as prisoners. They were beaten, raped and disgraced. Hippolyta then called upon the Goddess Athena to help them escape. Athena said that she would indeed help them as long as they promised to forgive Herakles and not seek revenge for the horrible acts they were subjected to. They agreed to Athena's request and were set free. Some of the Amazons were still angry and sought out revenge. They destroyed the army but Herakles was not there. Athena was angry with the women for disobeying her request and told them that they had to seek forgiveness in the form of penance from the Olympian Gods for their actions. Their punishment was immortality (???How is that a punishment exactly???) and they were to spend all of eternity guarding the underwater world called Dooms Doorway to pay for their actions.

The Amazon women were eventually released from their punishment and allowed to go back into the world as immortals living life however they wanted. Hippolytas began to think about motherhood and wanted a child. The Gods were able to take the soul of her unborn child from a previous life (she was murdered while pregnant) and create a daughter from clay in the same way the original Amazons were born. The baby girl was named Diana.

So how did Diana of Themyscira aka Wonder Woman end up in our world???

Steve Trevor (an intelligence officer for the U.S. Army) crashed on the Themyscira island (which btw was located in the Bermuda triangle....ooooooh...) and Diana nursed him back to health. While she was caring for him, she fell in love. It was later decided that the Amazon's should travel to Steve's world to help fight in WWII against the evil Nazi's. But only one would be allowed to go. They held a tournament and decided that the winner of the contest would be the one to go. Hippolyta would not allow her daughter in the competition and so Diana entered the contest in disguise as "Wonder Woman". When she won the tournament and removed her mask, Hippolyta had no choice but to let her daughter go and become Wonder Woman.

Wonder Woman brought Steve Trevor back to his world and continued to nurse him back to health. She somehow aquired the secret identity of Diana Prince (a nurse-go figure) and together with Steve the two became unstoppable crimefighters. Wonder Woman wanted to capture criminals and from there hoped to take it one step further by reforming them. There was a rehabilitation facility built back on Themyscira island where the criminals she caught were sent to be reformed.

William Moulton Marston aka Charles Marston died of cancer on May 2, 1947 in Rye New York (that's the town I grew up in believe it or not) and a new writer took over........

Wonder Woman's character went through many changes during her existance. There was a period of time when Wonder Woman was not allowed to speak out in the feministic ways she always had. This was due to government censorship and the Comics Code Authority Click here which took effect in 1954. In the 1960's Wonder Woman was written as having surrendered her powers. She began studying under I Ching learning martial arts and weapon skills. Wonder Woman got her power's back in the 70's.....

I cannot wait for this movie...
I have been waiting for it my whole life it seems.....
I hope my expectations are not too high.. :roll:

Wonder Woman was a pioneer in the world of female comic book characters and role models. I see the upcoming movie as a great opportunity to bridge the generational gap between mothers and daughters and also to give Wonder Woman a fantastic re-birth. She was the first female superhero to have her own comic book and should be considered an important icon to girls everywhere, of all ages. She was also the only female superhero to never have had her comic book cancelled and to have been published continually since its debut. I look forward to someday being able to take my own daughter to see this movie (I don't have any children yet...but someday). Wonder Woman was based on a strong, beautiful, intelligent Goddess. She had courage beyond what should have been expected from a woman of her time. She was strong, yet feminine. She was and is the perfect role model for girls (IMO) and the epitomy of what a strong, independant, liberated woman should be.

EDIT:
Whoa!!!!

That was huge....lol

Hope everyone likes it... :oops:

VIVA LA WONDER WOMAN!!!!!!
Last edited by athenabodicea on Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
athenabodicea
GEEK GODDESS

Postby Adam Balm on Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:36 pm

Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Flumm on Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:56 pm

Nice work, Athena. Stuffed full of information, so the unintiated can get a foot hold, yet it had a personal perspective, to give it some life and to keep it from turning dry.

I like teh way you work lady. :P

Man, takes me back to all those lost hours, hunched over keyboards and notbookes, writing essays at school/college. How long did it take you?

Oh and this means you're going to do have to a full review for us next year you know...

Or seing as you have such an investment with the character, perhaps another report once production gets well under way, then you can have an introduction to Wonderwoman, and to your relationship to her, then your anticipations and reflections before the movie comes out, with news and what we know at that point, with some Whedon heavy quotage to keep it peppy, then finally round it up with your review of the movie...

You're own triptych of sorts on Wonderwoman.

LoL, actually, I'm making it sound like homework aren't I?

Be nice to have that perspective though I think when it's all said and done. To have a Zoner be able to participate in something a little broader and ambitious than an average post, documented and immortilized here on the thread to revisit the journey and so on later down the line.
Flumm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Eric G on Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:42 am

athena's article can be found here: Wonder Woman - A Revealing Look

Thanks again hot stuff. :)
Eric G
AIRWOLF

maybe whedon can bring some mysticism

Postby Round_World on Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:16 am

i just can't see wonder woman on the big screen, mainly because she's not human enough and also because i don't think there's an actress that can fit into her shoes. The reason batman and superman work is because everyone knows who they are. The DC characters, most of them are just less human, or to put it another way, they don't have as rich a human backstory as many of the Marvel characters do.

The only way i can imagine it working is if they do some sort of heavily greek laden story. Where there is a supernatural/magical element that plays into people's notions of fantasy that are already established. Otherwise i think its just asking too much of the general public to become interested.

Of course there was the show, but the show has almost nothing to do with the character except for powers. And even then, the powers on the show were WEAK.

They really need to reimagine the character for the screen. Bring in Alex Ross and the armored Wonder Woman from Kindom Come and have her really kick some greek demon/god/monster ass. Like The Mummy in NYC and in the present day??? That sort of scale???
Round_World
GLIB

Postby MasterWhedon on Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:24 pm

Joss just posted this over at Whedonesque:

Just wanted to drop in and say "Thank God we got rid of Marts." An evil, petty man with an enormous hookah and a smelly, writhing bag of toads. He's the worst thing to happen to the X-men since, well, me.

Truth be typed, Mike has been a great editor and a sweetheart of a guy. Marvel's loss is D.C.'s gain, and affects Oni press in no way. Mike helped me do a hell of a lot of catching up on the X-verse, was always patient with a)my confusion and b)me. A gent. Now I read some folk bashin' 'cause of X-continuity issues but that is not Mike's fault. It's not even mine. X-continuity is a statistical impossibility. Too many books, too many schedules, too many cross-overs -- that's why my stuff tends to take place all in one day or way out of town. Mike couldn't tell you if my stories come exactly before or after certain things and neither could I. So let that lie. I'm just gonna miss a cool colleague.

(Bag of toads? Hell was that about?)

And since I haven't posted (anything real) in some time let me bring y'all up to speed. The Brothers Warner HAVE read Wondy Gal, and are arranging a meeting to tell me that it is a perfect crystalline gem and I must not change a word, nay, not a syllable. I'm certain that's how it will go. I'm pounding away on X-men #18 and Buffy #2 and having a blast. Like a "close the blast doors" sized blast, especialy after I saw my first page of Georges Jeanty's Buffy art. That cute little sketch on his website? No, no, silly british man. The real thing is SO deeply cherry. It makes the fun I'm having revisiting these characters increase tenfold. For you Goners folk out there, just know I'm fine-tuning the script, feeling increasingly passionate about it, and I'm anxious to start dribbling out cryptic, frustrating hints. Soon.

Some other little irons in the fire, when they're hot I'll pull 'em out and brand you. Keep the faith, spread the love, take the red pill, smell the coffee, fight the power, do the hustle, mow the lawn, eat the rich, Mott the Hoople, kick the can, bag the toads and If They Move, Kill 'Em. xoxo -j.

joss | August 25, 02:06 CET

THE FIRST DRAFT IS DONE!!

Must see if I can get my hands on it...
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Peven on Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:30 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:Joss just posted this over at Whedonesque:

Just wanted to drop in and say "Thank God we got rid of Marts." An evil, petty man with an enormous hookah and a smelly, writhing bag of toads. He's the worst thing to happen to the X-men since, well, me.

Truth be typed, Mike has been a great editor and a sweetheart of a guy. Marvel's loss is D.C.'s gain, and affects Oni press in no way. Mike helped me do a hell of a lot of catching up on the X-verse, was always patient with a)my confusion and b)me. A gent. Now I read some folk bashin' 'cause of X-continuity issues but that is not Mike's fault. It's not even mine. X-continuity is a statistical impossibility. Too many books, too many schedules, too many cross-overs -- that's why my stuff tends to take place all in one day or way out of town. Mike couldn't tell you if my stories come exactly before or after certain things and neither could I. So let that lie. I'm just gonna miss a cool colleague.

(Bag of toads? Hell was that about?)

And since I haven't posted (anything real) in some time let me bring y'all up to speed. The Brothers Warner HAVE read Wondy Gal, and are arranging a meeting to tell me that it is a perfect crystalline gem and I must not change a word, nay, not a syllable. I'm certain that's how it will go. I'm pounding away on X-men #18 and Buffy #2 and having a blast. Like a "close the blast doors" sized blast, especialy after I saw my first page of Georges Jeanty's Buffy art. That cute little sketch on his website? No, no, silly british man. The real thing is SO deeply cherry. It makes the fun I'm having revisiting these characters increase tenfold. For you Goners folk out there, just know I'm fine-tuning the script, feeling increasingly passionate about it, and I'm anxious to start dribbling out cryptic, frustrating hints. Soon.

Some other little irons in the fire, when they're hot I'll pull 'em out and brand you. Keep the faith, spread the love, take the red pill, smell the coffee, fight the power, do the hustle, mow the lawn, eat the rich, Mott the Hoople, kick the can, bag the toads and If They Move, Kill 'Em. xoxo -j.

joss | August 25, 02:06 CET

THE FIRST DRAFT IS DONE!!

Must see if I can get my hands on it...

so, with an approval still pending on the final script, i guess the earliest we could expect to see this in theatres, done properly anyway, would be summer of '08, right?

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Ribbons on Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:34 pm

This is gonna sound really random, but Joss Whedon is one of the celebrities/filmmakers I would most like to interview.

Also, this is probably the biggest thread Guest has ever started.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Ribbons on Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:35 pm

Peven wrote:so, with an approval still pending on the final script, i guess the earliest we could expect to see this in theatres, done properly anyway, would be summer of '08, right?

Prolly. Unless the project falls through, my guess would be '09, what with the new Batman movie coming out in '08 and all.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby MasterWhedon on Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:38 pm

I have a suspicion he's going to do Goners before this, unless they decide on a winter relase instead of summer.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Peven on Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:44 pm

Ribbons wrote:
Peven wrote:so, with an approval still pending on the final script, i guess the earliest we could expect to see this in theatres, done properly anyway, would be summer of '08, right?

Prolly. Unless the project falls through, my guess would be '09, what with the new Batman movie coming out in '08 and all.

i could have sworn i read something about the release of WW targeted for '08 because of the DC tie-in with Batman being considered beneficial. then again, maybe i am remembering a pov someone here might have posted about it and it was simply their opinion.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Chairman Kaga on Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:53 pm

Ribbons wrote:This is gonna sound really random, but Joss Whedon is one of the celebrities/filmmakers I would most like to interview.

Also, this is probably the biggest thread Guest has ever started.

Don't you get it
Guest=Whedon.....and I don't mean the Mod.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby buster00 on Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:25 am

This thing is gonna go through, like, five dozen shoot-overs, innit? Every time they reshoot, it's gonna get shot down by the test screeners.

I don't envy Joss. This flick's gotta be flat-out impossible to write for the big screen.
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MasterWhedon on Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:04 pm

It's being reported that Rachel Bilson has been cast as Wonder Woman. I've never watched The OC, so I can't attest to her acting ability--though I will be seeing The Last Kiss this weekend--but she sure is purty.

She certainly looks like a Whedon heroine...
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Peven on Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:12 pm

looks like he is going for the teeny-bopper vibe, like a Wonder-Buffy-Woman. guess my 14 yr old daughter will be more interested in seeing this than i will.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby unikrunk on Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:12 pm

/that is all
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Flumm on Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:26 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:It's being reported that Rachel Bilson has been cast as Wonder Woman. I've never watched The OC, so I can't attest to her acting ability--though I will be seeing The Last Kiss this weekend--but she sure is purty.

She certainly looks like a Whedon heroine...

Mmm, that's kind of dissapointing to me. By all means she is very pretty, I wasn't all that much of a fan of hers from The OC, but some of the promotional stuff surfacing with the Zach Braff, The Last Kiss thing, she definately has an undeniable cuteness factor, and she's far more likeable off screen than on, I think. She just seems a little underwhelming compared to the places I was imagining it was going...

*imagines it going other places*

She's been handling OC scripts for a while, so that's simmilar, if diluted actorly practice, which I'm sure factored into her getting the gig, but she just seems a little ...dopey, which I really don't like saying, but it's not far off the mark from what I can tell. Which I suppose Joss may well like about her too quite possibly, the whole subversion of the shallowness thing...

And also, does she remind anyone else of a little valley girl de-evoloutionalised reptile style Goomba from the Super Smash Bros. movie?
Last edited by Flumm on Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flumm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MasterWhedon on Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:31 pm

Flumm wrote:*imagines it going other places*

You make me smile...

I agree with you though in that I was always picturing a true Amazon for the role. I'm talking a seven foot tall knockout with dark hair and a superiority complex. Fact is, that's just not too feasible when you need strong acting ability.

I won't make too many judgements at this point because she's not even officially cast, but Joss has a strong knack for casting--at least for casting for the roles he's written. This might be a different Wonder Woman than we're expecting, but I bet Bilson or whoever ultimately gets cast will be the right choice for Joss' version.

EDIT: I just re-read that, and it comes off as pretty strong fanwank. My apologies.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Peven on Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:39 pm

MasterWhedon wrote: I just re-read that, and it comes off as pretty strong fanwank. My apologies.

that's ok, MW, we're used to it. :P

Peven
Is This Real Life?

PreviousNext

Return to Movie Discussion