AVATAR (Now w/ Worldwide Eyeball Rape)

New movies! Old movies! B-movies! Discuss discuss discuss!!!

Postby Hermanator X on Tue May 26, 2009 11:06 am

Fievel wrote:
Pacino86845 wrote: and the fact that it's Cameron's first work of fiction since Piranha Part Two: The Spawning.

True Lies? T2? The Abyss?

They were non-fiction!?!?!? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Hes taking the piss Fievel, Avatar is non fiction too. :lol:
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Postby Pacino86845 on Tue May 26, 2009 11:07 am

Like I said: I know nothing of Cameron's next project!
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby Maui on Tue May 26, 2009 11:12 am

We haven't seen a trailer yet and there is alot of speculation that they just don't know how to market this film, which is why no trailer. Dunno, just what I've been reading.

I do know that they are behind schedule and sending more VFX people down to NZ to help out.
Maui
WoWie

Postby Fried Gold on Tue May 26, 2009 11:48 am

Oh great....a loader.....from Aliens.

Because I love Aliens so much that I want Cameron to revisit it.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby thefraze on Tue May 26, 2009 12:52 pm

Fried Gold wrote:Oh great....a loader.....from Aliens.

Because I love Aliens so much that I want Cameron to revisit it.

Who doesn't love Aliens?

I just need to know more about this film. When's the trailer coming out? Was the Transformers rumor true or was that for The Last Airbender?
"I've seen "The Exorcist" about a hundred and sixty-seven times, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... "
thefraze
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Pacino86845 on Tue May 26, 2009 12:54 pm

The Transformers rumor was not true, it turns out. But I think there was some speculation as to which film would premiere the trailer for Avatar... I forget what it was now, but this info is pretty recent.
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby Nachokoolaid on Tue May 26, 2009 1:58 pm

I think it's attached to the new ICE AGE movie.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby thefraze on Tue May 26, 2009 2:39 pm

There was a pretty great write-up about Avatar in the 20th Anniversary Issue of EMPIRE magazine (which I recommend everyone picks up, it's terrific - guest edited by Steven Spielberg).

Anyway, if this comes out in December... shouldn't we be seeing the teaser soon? Transformers, Harry Potter or even Inglourious Basterds seem like good choices...
"I've seen "The Exorcist" about a hundred and sixty-seven times, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... "
thefraze
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Nachokoolaid on Tue May 26, 2009 2:41 pm

thefraze wrote:Anyway, if this comes out in December... shouldn't we be seeing the teaser soon? Transformers, Grande Rojo Potter or even Inglourious Basterds seem like good choices...

AHEM!

Nachokoolaid wrote:I think it's attached to the new ICE AGE movie.

Both at Paramount, if I remember correctly.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby thefraze on Tue May 26, 2009 3:10 pm

There's nothing really in the pipeline for Fox this summer though, right?
thefraze
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby so sorry on Thu May 28, 2009 1:03 pm

More "cool" Avatar stuff from the mothersite

Man, is there any way this will live up to the internet/geek hype? Quint going ga-ga over some production art that looks like it could have been for any sci-fi movie out there.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby theunforgettablefire on Thu May 28, 2009 3:38 pm

Yeah...I know it's just concept art, but those pictures don't do a damn thing for me.
theunforgettablefire
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby burlivesleftnut on Thu May 28, 2009 9:07 pm

Man that looks totally bad ass. But where is concept art of Sigourney Weaver in her panties?
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby tapehead on Thu May 28, 2009 9:51 pm

3D Movie Blog Market Saw is where everything for Avatar has turned up. Sigourny/panties related action? here.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby minstrel on Thu May 28, 2009 10:27 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:Man that looks totally bad ass. But where is concept art of Sigourney Weaver in her panties?

Sigourney Weaver has no ass. Hence, no concept art.
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency

Postby magicmonkey on Fri May 29, 2009 2:10 am

so sorry wrote:More "cool" Avatar stuff from the mothersite

Man, is there any way this will live up to the internet/geek hype? Quint going ga-ga over some production art that looks like it could have been for any sci-fi movie out there.

I wouldn't expect anyone other than Cameron to live up to the hype. I'm not the dudes biggest fan, but I totally respect his ability to deliver, the dudes passion is obvious. I really see this movie as a potential landmark in cinema, so to me, its not the living up to the hype, but the living up to being an actual cinematic landmark! heh. I'm not expecting it to be the 2001 monolith, but certainly a big chunk of human experience points in leveling up to one.
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Fri May 29, 2009 9:12 pm

Pacino86845 wrote:Like I said: I know nothing of Cameron's next project!

Well if you and other guys paid more attention and used your imaginations more and stopped being sucked in by the latest unoriginal Sequel Prequel bollox or adhering to the overhyped manipulated movie propoganda brainwashing campaign for a film or clicking a link to a movie title that had a number after it or a prequel name attached to it, then you'd at least now that the story to Avatar goes something like this....

'In a distant future, humanity discovers the planet 'Alpha Centauri B-4', and for those scientists and astronauts who've traversed the gulf between neighboring suns and arrived on its alien soil know it as 'Pandora'. A world filled with an incredible diversity of beautiful and deadly ammonia-breathing lifeforms. It's also a world that harbors treasures and resources almost beyond price. But just as the original Pandora's Box wrought devastation on those who would use it for their own gain, so too this world may destroy not just the Pandorans' home, but ours as well.

Avatar is the story of a wounded ex-marine, thrust unwillingly into an effort to settle and exploit an exotic planet rich in bio-diversity, who eventually crosses over to lead the indigenous race in a battle for survival.'

I agree with that people are saying that Avatar will do something as remarkable as a four lettered sex word to our eyeballs. I really do think that not only will Avatar be something astonishing and revolutionary that we have never seen before in movies, but in a rather predicted understated way, I think that James Cameron will show us just HOW a blockbuster movie is supposed to be, or how it is supposed to be done. He doesn't need so much hype to sell his movie, I think. You guys need to actively seek out how great an upcoming film is gonna be, instead of sitting there like dumbasses and letting a movie hype itself to you and tell you what to think and then making you post it constantly to the top of the thread list page. THINK, PEOPLE, THINK!!!!!!!!!
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby TonyWilson on Fri May 29, 2009 9:23 pm

Bah, Cameron doesn't make a fiction film for 12 years and now everyone is sucking his dick. Kirk, you bitch about unoriginality and then copy and paste a synopsis nearly as old as time itself. Cameron will do what he did with Titanic, deliver an emotionally stunted, cheesily scripted but technically amazing movie.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby Nachokoolaid on Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:12 am

The video game shots give you a good idea about the look of the film. So good to see that second shot with the flourescent flora. Nice. I was hoping that idea wasn't abandoned after seeing the production/concept art.

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/843/843156/imgs_1.html
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Peven on Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:15 am

Nachokoolaid wrote:The video game shots give you a good idea about the look of the film. So good to see that second shot with the flourescent flora. Nice. I was hoping that idea wasn't abandoned after seeing the production/concept art.

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/843/843156/imgs_1.html

looks like a cross between Halo and one of the planets from Star Wars:Battlefront II........color me unimpressed

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby magicmonkey on Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:08 pm

TonyWilson wrote:Bah, Cameron doesn't make a fiction film for 12 years and now everyone is sucking his dick. Kirk, you bitch about unoriginality and then copy and paste a synopsis nearly as old as time itself. Cameron will do what he did with Titanic, deliver an emotionally stunted, cheesily scripted but technically amazing movie.

HAHA! No. That's Robert Zemekis.
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby Peven on Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:02 pm

magicmonkey wrote:
TonyWilson wrote:Bah, Cameron doesn't make a fiction film for 12 years and now everyone is sucking his dick. Kirk, you bitch about unoriginality and then copy and paste a synopsis nearly as old as time itself. Cameron will do what he did with Titanic, deliver an emotionally stunted, cheesily scripted but technically amazing movie.

HAHA! No. That's Robert Zemekis.

i agree with Tony, sure the tech for this movie will most probably be impressive, but Cameron has shown he isn't very interested in quality storytelling since "T2", "The Abyss" was the last movie he showed any real desire to tell a good story or develop characters that feel real and has become more and more enamored with bright, shiny, empty spectacle instead

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby TheButcher on Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:28 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:00 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Pacino86845 on Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:38 pm

... two and a half hours of James Cameron pulling his pants down and dick-slapping us all in the eyeballs!
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby travis-dane on Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:52 pm

Pacino86845 wrote:... two and a half hours of James Cameron pulling his pants down and dick-slapping us all in the eyeballs!

and it will be a good dick slapping in the face.
-
Lesbian Nazi Hookers Abducted by UFOs and Forced Into Weight Loss Programs!
travis-dane
100% OLEG!

Postby Fievel on Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:49 pm

travis-dane wrote:
Pacino86845 wrote:... two and a half hours of James Cameron pulling his pants down and dick-slapping us all in the eyeballs!

and it will be a good dick slapping in the face.

...and at a mere fraction of the price I normally pay!!!

:shock:

...oh....... whoops....
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:08 pm

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:
'In a distant future, humanity discovers the planet 'Alpha Centauri B-4', and for those scientists and astronauts who've traversed the gulf between neighboring suns and arrived on its alien soil know it as 'Pandora'. A world filled with an incredible diversity of beautiful and deadly ammonia-breathing lifeforms. It's also a world that harbors treasures and resources almost beyond price. But just as the original Pandora's Box wrought devastation on those who would use it for their own gain, so too this world may destroy not just the Pandorans' home, but ours as well.

Avatar is the story of a wounded ex-marine, thrust unwillingly into an effort to settle and exploit an exotic planet rich in bio-diversity, who eventually crosses over to lead the indigenous race in a battle for survival.'

THINK, PEOPLE, THINK!!!!!!!!!

So does this mean that this lead character will end up leading the aliens in a struggle and War against the humans then? If so, sounds like an excellent story, I love those themes depicting humanity as the bad guys from another planet, though also I'm a but gutted - as I had an idea for such a story. :(

Oh well, me and you, James - great minds think alike eh?
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Fried Gold on Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:28 pm

Don't care about the length, as long as it's better than James Cameron's Undersea Toilet Adventure.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TheButcher on Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:54 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:54 pm

Just sat up in bed realising that the premise for this movie, of the planet earth basically INVADING an alien planet for it's own selfish gains or survival, and then a human being swapping sides and helping the Aliens fight the humans and maybe destroying them or also falling in love with one of the aliens - is basically the SAME idea that I had for a movie script some years ago. I even was gonna incorporate it into Purity!!! :( :( :( :(

WTF am I doing with my life and here in this forum getting SPAT on.. SPAT ON!!!!! - by all you assholes all my god given wasted life? That's it, I'm off.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby RogueScribner on Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:03 pm

So it's Dances With Wolves set in the future?
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:12 pm

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:Just sat up in bed realising that the premise for this movie, of the planet earth basically INVADING an alien planet for it's own selfish gains or survival, and then a human being swapping sides and helping the Aliens fight the humans and maybe destroying them or also falling in love with one of the aliens - is basically the SAME idea that I had for a movie script some years ago. I even was gonna incorporate it into Purity!!! :( :( :( :(

WTF am I doing with my life and here in this forum getting SHIT on.. SHIT ON!!!!! - by all you assholes all my god given wasted life? That's it, I'm off.

Fook Ming. I think it's time you went back on your meds.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby TheButcher on Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:10 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Ribbons on Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:15 am

RogueScribner wrote:So it's Dances With Wolves set in the future?

If it's anything like Cameron's original 45-page treatment for the film, pretty much (with a dash of Ferngully thrown in for spice).
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Fried Gold on Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:09 am

Wasn't Dances With Wolves set in the future anyway?
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby RogueScribner on Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:48 am

Only if you're from the American Revolution (or before). :-P
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Fried Gold on Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:21 pm

But how do explain the laser gun fights and alien spacecraft?
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Ribbons on Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:29 pm

Well, Costner didn't really do his research. He was already thinking about Waterworld.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby burlivesleftnut on Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:14 pm

LOL @ all of the above.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby TheButcher on Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:42 pm

From The Wrap: Jim Cameron: 'Avatar' Will Change Moviegoing
Now that exhibitors are able to show 3D content, Cameron said the possibilities are limitless for movies, television shows, sporting events or even education.

He offered the example of teaching fourth graders math with 3D, making the numbers easier to remember. Similarly boundless are the platforms for 3D, which could be used for screens, computers or even handheld devices.

Besides the production costs, the only stumbling block he foresaw was public opposition to 3D glasses, which he could not understand. Cameron himself already has 3D contacts. As with everything else 3D, he is already at the forefront of the industry.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Ribbons on Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:27 am

He offered the example of teaching fourth graders math with 3D, making the numbers easier to remember.

:roll:

While I appreciate the fact that people out there are trying to push the envelope, to me Cameron's obsession with 3D seems more like vanity than anything else; just like Robert Zemeckis and mocap, and just like Michael Mann and digital camera. Now 3D filmmaking is the way of the future not just because it looks cool, but because it's going to somehow make us smarter? Whatever.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby TonyWilson on Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:13 am

Seems like the ravings of a man who's realised all the technology in the world is meaningless if you can't tell a good story and he's now desperate to elevate the other possible applications for 3-D to avoid any discussion or criticism of the content of his movie.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby Fried Gold on Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:34 am

He offered the example of teaching fourth graders math with 3D, making the numbers easier to remember.

I find the times-tables so much more easy to remember when in stereoscopic mode.

Besides the production costs, the only stumbling block he foresaw was public opposition to 3D glasses, which he could not understand. Cameron himself already has 3D contacts. As with everything else 3D, he is already at the forefront of the industry.

A lot of the opposition comes from people wearing glasses already, as putting the polaroid glasses over the top doesn't always work too well.

...but if they come in my prescription, I want some 3D contact lenses.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby RogueScribner on Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:01 pm

Yeah, I wear glasses and adding the 3-D glasses over them can be a bit uncomfortable, especially over an extended amount of time. Maybe they should make clip-on versions or something. Or make them bigger and have them fit over and around the glasses you're already wearing.
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Nachokoolaid on Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:10 pm

TonyWilson wrote:Seems like the ravings of a man who's realised all the technology in the world is meaningless if you can't tell a good story and he's now desperate to elevate the other possible applications for 3-D to avoid any discussion or criticism of the content of his movie.

The man has 3D contacts. I think that says a lot.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:41 pm

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/41510 Cameron shows 24 minutes of Avatar and has 2 pics here of the film.

My God will you just look at it!!!???

James and me are the same, not like you perverts!!! We both like to touch Sharks, and we both have the same idea in mind of the Earth invading another planet and destroying it's species in order to take the resources of the planet in order to survive, then with an outsider earthling joining the Aliens to fight the Earthings who are the real bad guys. Thanks for stealing the story from me James. :evil:
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby DennisMM on Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:11 pm

Nachokoolaid wrote:
TonyWilson wrote:Seems like the ravings of a man who's realised all the technology in the world is meaningless if you can't tell a good story and he's now desperate to elevate the other possible applications for 3-D to avoid any discussion or criticism of the content of his movie.

The man has 3D contacts. I think that says a lot.

Until they come up with giant 3-D glasses that completely cover regular spectacles, like those old-people Sun Shades or whatever they're called, I say to hell with 3-D. I don't need the third dimension that badly. I suppose an alternative would be a static-cling 3-D filter you could temporarily attach to the outside of your specs.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby burlivesleftnut on Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:28 pm

I am sick of the fucking buzz on this movie. Surely they have enough completed footage to give us a real trailer. I am done with this thread until the thread title has "now with 100% more trailer" in it.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby ironic name on Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:31 am

Fried Gold wrote:Don't care about the length, as long as it's better than James Cameron's Undersea Toilet Adventure.

:D
ironic name
had cheer sex with Megan Gale

PreviousNext

Return to Movie Discussion