AVATAR (Now w/ Worldwide Eyeball Rape)

New movies! Old movies! B-movies! Discuss discuss discuss!!!

Postby so sorry on Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:57 am

Isn't this movie entirely CGI? (seriously, I haven't been following the Avatar craze, so that's a serious question from me).

Looked OK to me, but I was reminded of the Revenge of the Sith montage where the clones were killing jedi all around the universe (in various jungle worlds etc).

Neat looking for sure, but if its a "revolutionary" type movie, then I'm guessing that they are referring to the effects/behind the scenes stuff, not the plot/acting/story.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:58 am

Well do me no favours HD trailers that slow up my APPLE!!! The trailer keeps freezing at the end where all the decent action bits happen.

Most important scene for me is the 2 Navis going to kiss at the end. just as I hoped and expected, it seems that the core of this movie may be the peculiar love story between Sam Worthington's character and the main alien female character. Yup, Cameron certainly stole my idea that I had for an identical movie. Why don't I write more for real than in here?

My mate told me that he thinks it looks shit, too much CGI. This is a gy who has good taste and is very particular about his SFX movies. He really was salivating at the prequels when they were due to come out, but after seeing them, hates them for one thing being the cartoony animated looking CGI. So when he says he oesn't like what he sees of Avatar, I take him seriously.

Though I'm not saying I agree. What I see of it, sometimes looks fully dimensional real and also in texture. Sometimes it looks debateable, sometimes it looks a bit suspect CG. Though we're dealing with bright colours here which are always gonna fight against you for this kinda thing. Worked against SW, worked for LOTR with i's lack of such vibrancy primary colours on show. Though the 'beasts' that I saw here looked a bit cartoon like in their movements and characteristics.

Well, will need to get a better look to give better judgement on it with this darn HD trailer. Not sure what to say overall, it does look amazing as expected, but like so many railers, leaves you more stunned than anything as there's so much to take in. Just watch with a big question mark over a lot of the clips. So much so quick 'what was that?' kinda thing.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Hermanator X on Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:03 pm

Pacino86845 wrote:1) Visually the film is extremely ambitious, and it's rather this aspect that I think inspired all the talk of eyeball rape, because-
2) The CG is still CG, there are still a couple of moments of rubbery-looking creatures, even this film's version of the Aliens loader looks too CG in one shot in particular.

My sentiments exactly. Everything standing still looks awesome, but the uncanny valley has a ways to go to be crossed fully.
Thats not a diss, by any means, and its hard to judge from a teaser, and as long as the main feature pulls you right in then I wont have any complaints. It looks awesome and I cant wait to see it.
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Postby John-Locke on Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:05 pm

I've watched it three times now and although I felt slightly underwhelmed at first it gets better with every viewing, the music/score in the trailer rocks and I hope it's indicative of the actual film, Cameron always scores well and I have a feeling it's going to be a huge factor in setting the tone and energy of the film which will fundamentally allow us to suspend our disbelief and get into the Film and past all the CGI.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Fried Gold on Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:05 pm

I can't say I was blown away by the trailer.

I was expecting something amazingly pioneering, but it seemed like an updated version of Final Fantasy.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Pacino86845 on Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:08 pm

Is anyone else going to the preview event tomorrow?
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby TonyWilson on Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:14 pm

Yup, Dances with Wolves set in the Halo universe instead of the American west.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby tapehead on Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:15 pm

Fried Gold wrote:an updated version of Final Fantasy.

This is my big fear for AVATAR - that all this talk of pioneering effects and 'emotion capture' all adds up to more dead-eyed game characters manoeuvring around on a 3d plane. I'm scared, after all, someone promised eyeball rape.

TonyWilson wrote:Yup, Dances with Wolves set in the Halo universe instead of the American west.

oh dear.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby Maui on Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:27 pm

Pacino86845 wrote:Is anyone else going to the preview event tomorrow?

Yes, I will be standing in line for over an hour for a 15 minute preview. :mrgreen:
Maui
WoWie

Postby so sorry on Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:28 pm

I'll ask again: is this entirely CGI? or is it a combo? Cuase it looks completely rendered with the exception of the close up of worthington's face (before he's planted into BlueBoy), and i've watched it a few times now.

And yes, I get the Dances with Wolves vibe too.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby magicmonkey on Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:34 pm

Combo, altho with everything now being digital it's getting very hard to claim it's not really CGI anyway...

The trailer has only loaded half way , gah! Damn earthquakes damaging vital undersea net cables, *shakes fists*
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby Fried Gold on Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:38 pm

so sorry wrote:I'll ask again: is this entirely CGI? or is it a combo? Cuase it looks completely rendered with the exception of the close up of worthington's face (before he's planted into BlueBoy), and i've watched it a few times now.

I think it's supposed to be more akin to the Revenge of the Sith/Attack of the Clones levels of CGI, although the trailer makes it seem more like the recent Zemeckis mo-cap stuff.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fievel on Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:39 pm

The floating chunks of planet looked like something out of a Myazaki movie... really dug that.
Some of the CGI in motion looked rather cartoonish.... did not dig that at all.

Will watch again at home in a couple of days.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby RogueScribner on Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:39 pm

First impressions: meh. It's an all too familiar story set in a sometimes cartoony-looking land. Not much of the plot was delved into, though, so maybe the next trailer will sell me on it more.
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby RaulMonkey on Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:40 pm

John-Locke wrote:I've watched it three times now and although I felt slightly underwhelmed at first it gets better with every viewing...

I was quite underwhelmed on the first viewing, but yeah, it think it can work once you get used to how it looks. I don't know that I'd be constantly distracted and taken out of the story thinking about how phony these characters look, but at the same time, I would never mistake what I'm looking at for anything other than CGI.

Merrick says that Apple has worked the bugs out of their QT trailers, but for some it may be worth having a look at the non-QT French version he posted earlier.
RaulMonkey
ZONE AMBASSADOR

Postby Fried Gold on Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:46 pm

There are handy download links here - http://www.davestrailerpage.co.uk/
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby magicmonkey on Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:56 pm

RaulMonkey wrote: but for some it may be worth having a look at the non-QT French version he posted earlier.

Cheers Raul! That worked, hmmm Avatar les movie looks sick, I had my phoney doubts too when watching that first half, but then, blammo, it unloaded in my face.
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby Hermanator X on Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:09 pm

Have they fixed the tagline yet?

From the director of the "Titanic"

Ipamp. oooooops.

I read the split for cgi to real is something like 70/30.
Watched it again, and it is damn cartoony, but the music is good.
Im gonna go see it anyway, shit, if I could put myself through GI Joe then I can give this a little love. :)
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:38 pm

Here's the thing... you got cartoon looking creatures already in that they are brightly coloured skinned animals with big cartoony looking eyes. In REAL LIFE if you saw them, how would you imagine them to look? So Cameron who knows what he's doing with 'casting' such looking animals knows the risks involved, you gotta be blind not to see it - yet he still goes ahead with it. Bravo I say.

I freeze frame advance this and I think that a lot of it is real looking, but the movement of the dino type creatures or more curiously, the power loader looking suits I find to be a bit false looking.

But I was talking to Atomichyperbole a minute ago and we were discussing the story in which he brought up the dilemna of what will happen to Sam Worthington's character when the humans find out that he has 'turned Injun' on them and swapped sides? As he physically is still in their presence. So there is the problem and drama awaiting to unfold in the story. Atomic asked what would happen when the hero has an inevitable confrontation with Michelle Rodrguez and other humans later on? Again, it's the story that I prefer to talk about. Like a story I had in mind back around 1994 when Cameron stole it from me in my sleep too when he came up with it, it's what happens when this outsider of the human race swaps sides to fight alongside the victimised enemy and falls in love with them? He is NOT Navi, but in essence he is no longer part of the humans anymore - he is an outsider that doesn't belong or fit in physically. So where does he go or stay? If he stays with the Navi is he fully Navi to be genuinely accepted? Does he ditch the Navi existence and joins them as a paraplegic human? Can it all work?

What we see here now I hope and think is just the tip of the iceberg to the story from the trailer. What I said before, is that it is a love story about the outsider that struggles to find a world in which he is accepted - and if it all can work out and give a happy ending. THIS is what makes the film something I wanna watch - being real edge of seat on how it will all end - and THAT is what's gonna make the film. THERE! Can you handle THAT? Just a question between film geeks. YA KNOW!?

My name is Cpt Kirks 2pay and I'M running for President. I mean, I'm stealing my story back from James Cameron.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby so sorry on Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:47 pm

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:Here's the thing... you got cartoon looking creatures already in that they are brightly coloured skinned animals with big cartoony looking eyes. In REAL LIFE if you saw them, how would you imagine them to look?

I would expect them to not look like cartoons. Are you giving me the "you've never seen a real alien so how would you know what it looks like" routine?
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby papalazeru on Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:54 pm

so sorry wrote:
Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:Here's the thing... you got cartoon looking creatures already in that they are brightly coloured skinned animals with big cartoony looking eyes. In REAL LIFE if you saw them, how would you imagine them to look?

I would expect them to not look like cartoons. Are you giving me the "you've never seen a real alien so how would you know what it looks like" routine?

OH...MY...GOD!

Are you saying that we actually discovered Aliens and then we created cartoons as a way of desensitising people before they actually land on earth and we make Televised first contact?

Wow, man! *toke toke*

That explains Ren and Stimpy.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:54 pm

so sorry wrote:

Oh blimmin' eck! I dunno anymore. 8-)

Shall we just watch Flash Gordon and settle for the camp bright reds and other colours that that gorgeous visual effects masterpiece had to show us? Come on Ornella Muti, get that red spandex tight catsuit off! We don't like the colour!
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby bluebottle on Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:57 pm

When I first watched it this morning I thought it looked god-awful, but throughout the day I've been going back to it, re-watching it... It definitely gets better with each viewing, almost like your brain needs to accept it.

I just watched it again, and I have to say it looks pretty fukkin good. Some of the CGI character movements might be a bit suspect, but I also wonder about how tightly the teaser is edited. If we could see a shot that lasted longer than half a second it might be absolutely stunning. Like, I kept thinking that the eyes looked too big and fake, but then I realized we hardly see any movement in them because of the editing. If you look closely, there's a couple shots where the eyes DO move, and it IS pretty realistic.

I'll be really curious to hear what people think after the viewing tonight.
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Pacino86845 on Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:14 pm

TOMORROW night!
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby bluebottle on Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:20 pm

Pacino86845 wrote:TOMORROW night!

erm, that's what i said.

oh wait.

shit.
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fried Gold on Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:11 pm

I'm told that the Bluejarjars are supposed to be more evolved and actually more advanced than humans. So surely they'd find an avatar with Sam Worthington's mind inside slightly ALF.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tapehead on Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:44 pm

I won't be able to say whether they look like real aliens until I see their genitals.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby Fried Gold on Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:36 pm

I won't be able to say whether they look like real aliens until I see their anal probes.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Pacino86845 on Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:41 pm

It would be really awesome to see alien genitals in IMAX 3D... I'll keep an open mind about the anal probes, though.
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby ManaByte on Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:04 pm

http://www.amazon.com/Winds-Altair-Ben- ... 0812532279

1972 SciFi novel by Ben Bova.

Humans are trying to terraform a planet called Altair/Pandora. They send military forces to Altair/Pandora, but Humans cannot breath the air on Altair/Pandora, but there are these cat/Na'vi creatures there. So the military builds a system to transport the mind of a human into a cat/Na'vi. One human discovers that the cats/Na'vi are intelligent and takes their side and fights off the rest of the humans.
ManaByte
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby RaulMonkey on Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:13 pm

It wasn't that book, but I was just thinking that I know I've read a short story with a similar concept--a handicapped man found freedom through the use of an avatar-type being on a planet where humans couldn't venture. The famous but missing Zoner, Adam Balm, would probably know what I'm talking about. I think I read it in a University class, and all of the stories in our textbook were fairly seminal works. We'll see if Cameron gives a shout to the writers who have preceded and inspired him in the credits, or if he'll be forced to add one on the DVD.
RaulMonkey
ZONE AMBASSADOR

Postby Fried Gold on Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:27 pm

I seem to remember an Arthur C Clarke or Harlan Ellison story that was somewhat similar.

On a separate point, check out the history on the Wiki page for Avatar. I know it's put down as "vandalism", but some of the changes made today have been HIGHlarious.

Amongst other revisions, earlier on it said:
Development
James cameron had an idea, but the video game quality CGI wasn't available when he thought it up back in the 90s...so he waited a long time to make it...

Filming and effects
VIDEO GAME quality...

Cast
James Cameron and a bank of workstations.

Premise
James Cameron said this movie is going to be "revolutionary" and "PHOTO REALISTIC", but it looks like a video game.
Last edited by Fried Gold on Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Bloo on Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:30 pm

RaulMonkey wrote:It wasn't that book, but I was just thinking that I know I've read a short story with a similar concept--a handicapped man found freedom through the use of an avatar-type being on a planet where humans couldn't venture. Adam Balm would probably know what I'm talking about. I think I read it in a University class, and all of the stories in our textbook were fairly seminal works. We'll see if Cameron gives a shout to the writers who have preceded and inspired him in the credits, or if he'll be forced to add one on the DVD.

well it wouldn't be the first time Cameron has ripped off an old sci fi novel (at least according to Ellison)
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby tapehead on Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:36 pm

More to the point I think the actual names and storyline in the short synopsis manabyte posted actually corresponds with the details we've seen regarding AVATAR. It must be an adaptation, right?
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby RogueScribner on Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:45 pm

It sounds similar, but I don't think it's a straight adaptation.
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby RaulMonkey on Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:48 pm

ManaByte wrote:http://www.amazon.com/Winds-Altair-Ben-Bova/dp/0812532279

1972 SciFi novel by Ben Bova.

Humans are trying to terraform a planet called Altair/Pandora. They send military forces to Altair/Pandora, but Humans cannot breath the air on Altair/Pandora, but there are these cat/Na'vi creatures there. So the military builds a system to transport the mind of a human into a cat/Na'vi. One human discovers that the cats/Na'vi are intelligent and takes their side and fights off the rest of the humans.

tapehead wrote:More to the point I think the actual names and storyline in the short synopsis manabyte posted actually corresponds with the details we've seen regarding AVATAR. It must be an adaptation, right?

Correct me if I'm wrong, ManaByte, but I think he was just using the names from AVATAR alongside their counterparts in the novel to highlight their similarity.
RaulMonkey
ZONE AMBASSADOR

Postby RogueScribner on Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:00 pm

Yeah, I read a summary of the book and he added the Avatar names to make a point.
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby ManaByte on Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:00 pm

Yea I was just pointing out how similar they were.

The Ben Bova novel was written in 1972...
ManaByte
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby tapehead on Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:02 pm

oic - similar premise however (looking for more detail on the Ben Bova novel now), though hardly unique I guess...
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby RaulMonkey on Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:01 pm

Nah, MB's provided us with a good example, and I bet there are dozens of similar stories out there. But is THE TERMINATOR any less cool for having been derived from Harlan Ellison and arguably a number of other writers?
RaulMonkey
ZONE AMBASSADOR

Postby Bloo on Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:10 pm

The Terminator isn't any less of a film but I think it adds to Cameron's rep of doucheyness to crib ideas and not give credit where credit is due
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby ironic name on Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:13 am

looks pretty fuckin' real to me.
I give up on the tbs, just like having a spitting contest with the 2 year old nephew got boring.
ironic name
had cheer sex with Megan Gale

Postby ironic name on Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:16 am

the terminator is still one of the best nativity story tellings filmed.
ironic name

Postby ironic name on Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:19 am

tapehead wrote:I won't be able to say whether they look like real aliens until I see their genitals.

nipple!
http://tinyurl.com/nv3vbg
http://tinyurl.com/lx2l9u
ironic name

Postby papalazeru on Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:09 am

Just seen the Avatar Preview. 15 minutes of Glorious footage.

While the slow tracking and revolving shots look absoltuely awesome, fast motion in 3D is rubbish. I can honestly see 2 fields being displayed at once.

I also found 3D far too controlling and didn't let my eyes roam.

The footage is just a random bunch of scenes, it begins with an introduction to the main character then onto the good stuff - shots of the world in all it's purples, bright greens and blues. Anther scene which really sticks out in the preview is when they try to capture what looks like a Dragon. We have the team creep into a nest of Dragons and have avatar capture one on his ow. The dragon attacks as avatar jumps to avoid - the whole scene looks stunning and if it was used for Lord of the Rings, would have been very impressive.

Much of the slow footage though had a bit of that 'Freddy VI' feeling, alot of the shots were done for 3D and it showed. A track revolve shot around the Avatars feet, a man walking up and down an aisle.

The story from what I could gather sucks. I heard people saying, dances with wolves, I think it's more apt with a reference to Ferngully. Pretty much a fish out of water story, man learns to acclimatise to the world etc, etc.

That's not to say it's bad because it is aboslutely beautiful when it does work. Some of the 3D work is stunning. The Hammerhead Rhino was stunning in its' 3D glory and at points you felt there when he charged.

I sort of Agree with Kirks though about it being 'cartoony'. It felt like a computer game.

P.S Can we change the title of the thread to Awe-vatar because it really is beautiful.

papalazeru

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:13 am

Well again regarding that story and book, even I had a similar idea for such a story, I just never sat down to write it. My planet earth was more dark and monstrous though, with the earthlings decaying more into more baroque and hostile people, their society more darker and gothic, and the main hero, well how to make him/er more sympathetic? Maybe a kid even, or a woman, different ideas. Make their jeapordy real scary. Then find peace and acceptance in the race of aliens, then find the problem, he/she ISN'T really one of them. But the main theme was that 'Invaders from Outer Space' isn't Aliens to Our Planet, but Our Planet to THEIRS'. WE'RE the bad guys. Oh well, there goes that original twist down the line for me being too distracted by chicks...

So the point being, it seems that any freaking story we come up with these days has already been done before, no matter what form it's in. I like to think James Cameron is one of the more original storytellers out there amongst the big directors of our time, everything he's directed has been from his own screenwriting pen, he hasn't hired one of the best screenwriters out there to adapt from a novel, but then with further investigation you DO find there's a link or a hint in his stories to the odd foreign film or novel out there after all. So sheet, man. How hard is it to find a truly original movie out there, at least a big budget extravaganza as this?

Damnit, why can't I copyright my thoughts?! I'd have taken Cameron to court by now!
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:42 am

papalazeru wrote:Just seen the Avatar Preview. 15 minutes of Glorious footage.

While the slow tracking and revolving shots look absoltuely awesome, fast motion in 3D is rubbish. I can honestly see 2 fields being displayed at once.

I also found 3D far too controlling and didn't let my eyes roam.

The footage is just a random bunch of scenes, it begins with an introduction to the main character then onto the good stuff - shots of the world in all it's purples, bright greens and blues. Anther scene which really sticks out in the preview is when they try to capture what looks like a Dragon. We have the team creep into a nest of Dragons and have avatar capture one on his ow. The dragon attacks as avatar jumps to avoid - the whole scene looks stunning and if it was used for Lord of the Rings, would have been very impressive.

Much of the slow footage though had a bit of that 'Freddy VI' feeling, alot of the shots were done for 3D and it showed. A track revolve shot around the Avatars feet, a man walking up and down an aisle.

The story from what I could gather sucks. I heard people saying, dances with wolves, I think it's more apt with a reference to Ferngully. Pretty much a fish out of water story, man learns to acclimatise to the world etc, etc.

That's not to say it's bad because it is aboslutely beautiful when it does work. Some of the 3D work is stunning. The Hammerhead Rhino was stunning in its' 3D glory and at points you felt there when he charged.

I sort of Agree with Kirks though about it being 'cartoony'. It felt like a computer game.

P.S Can we change the title of the thread to Awe-vatar because it really is beautiful.

Well I wouldn't think too much of the story from just 15 minutes. You've got about another 120 more to come, I think they're keeping this preview sketchy don't you? Tip of the iceberg kinda thing. As for the 3D, well, the movie still has gotta perform like any other movie in the way it moves and is shot I'd imagine, so I'm not gonna look so deep into such gripes when I see it, I expect.

Though it felt like a computer game. Oooh dear, hope not!
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby papalazeru on Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:50 am

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:Well I wouldn't think too much of the story from just 15 minutes. You've got about another 120 more to come, I think they're keeping this preview sketchy don't you? Tip of the iceberg kinda thing. As for the 3D, well, the movie still has gotta perform like any other movie in the way it moves and is shot I'd imagine, so I'm not gonna look so deep into such gripes when I see it, I expect.

I usually expect to see more than just one premise within a trailer, all it said to me was, this man comes to new land, learns to adapt, there was nothing else.

In trailers and previous previews, there's usually underlying themes which you can glean, not this.

As for the 3D shots, I think there's some there that aren't going to work in 2D like they do in 3D because of the way it's done, thats why I said Freddy VI. That can't be good if I'm seeing that in the preview.

papalazeru

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:03 am

papalazeru wrote:
Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:Well I wouldn't think too much of the story from just 15 minutes. You've got about another 120 more to come, I think they're keeping this preview sketchy don't you? Tip of the iceberg kinda thing. As for the 3D, well, the movie still has gotta perform like any other movie in the way it moves and is shot I'd imagine, so I'm not gonna look so deep into such gripes when I see it, I expect.

I usually expect to see more than just one premise within a trailer, all it said to me was, this man comes to new land, learns to adapt, there was nothing else.

In trailers and previous previews, there's usually underlying themes which you can glean, not this.

Funny that. I saw so much more. And I have slit eyes!
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby papalazeru on Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:09 am

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:Funny that. I saw so much more. And I have slit eyes!

You haven't seen it yet.

papalazeru

PreviousNext

Return to Movie Discussion