Arnie & Sly Team-Up: ESCAPE PLAN

New movies! Old movies! B-movies! Discuss discuss discuss!!!

Arnie & Sly Team-Up: ESCAPE PLAN

Postby Nachokoolaid on Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:31 am

The Governator and Rocky are finally doing a film together.

http://www.thehollywoodnews.com/article/15020617.php

Honestly, I with this would have happened in the late 80s, early 90s, but better late than never, I guess.
Last edited by Nachokoolaid on Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Seppuku on Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:36 am

So The Last Action Hero doesn't count as an Arnie and Sly double-team? B-b-but there was that part where you had the big display of Sly's movies in the mirror world, and he was like an even gungier and hoier version of Arnie. I think that counts.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby Colin on Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:03 am

I am going to go see this.
Colin
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Nachokoolaid on Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:40 am

seppukudkurosawa wrote:So The Last Action Hero doesn't count as an Arnie and Sly double-team? B-b-but there was that part where you had the big display of Sly's movies in the mirror world, and he was like an even gungier and hoier version of Arnie. I think that counts.

LOL. I was actually going to mention this in my original post as NOT counting.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Chief Redcock on Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:08 am

Pfft. That's all. Pfft.

If he's not the Terminator, I don't care about Arnie.
Chief Redcock
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby dislexsickNik on Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:09 am

i dont think this will happen be worth a watch if it did but there's been stuff like this going about for years.
dislexsickNik
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby Shane on Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:45 am

|I'm not a huge fan of either but this I got to see.
Shane
AIRWOLF

Postby WinslowLeach on Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:34 am

We need another Tango and Cash type film man, we really do! :)
WinslowLeach
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby havocSchultz on Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:20 pm

wow...where's ABking when you need him... i think i just heard his crotch and his head simultaneously explode...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby buster00 on Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:45 pm

Try the new Brutal Deluxe!

Just 99 cents for a limited time!

At participating Burger Grief locations!

(SUNG) You'll wish you were dead! You'll wish you were fucking DEAD!!
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby WinslowLeach on Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:10 pm

I'll have one Brutal Deluxe and some Bad Idea Fries
WinslowLeach
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby John-Locke on Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:22 pm

havocSchultz wrote:wow...where's ABking when you need him... i think i just heard his crotch and his head simultaneously explode...

HAHAHA

I made the mistake of making a joke about Sly once in a TB from one of his stories, he jumped down my throat, funny guy :)
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby minstrel on Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:08 pm

I hope these guys can get back into the kind of shape they were in in their heydays. Otherwise, the obligatory shirtless scenes are going to look darn ridiculous, and it's the audience who will be embarrassed for them ...
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency

Postby colonel_lugz on Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:25 pm

Its like christmas again!!!!
You Called Down The Thunder, Well Now You Got It!
colonel_lugz
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Nachokoolaid on Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:03 am

minstrel wrote:I hope these guys can get back into the kind of shape they were in in their heydays. Otherwise, the obligatory shirtless scenes are going to look darn ridiculous, and it's the audience who will be embarrassed for them ...

Have you seen Sly lately? He doesn't look bad for a 60 year old. He looks pretty damn good actually. And Arnie was once a professional athlete, so I have no doubt he can get some tone back.

Honestly, if this actually happens, it will probably be one of my most anticipated films of that year. It's something I can see with my dad (BIG action flick fan).
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Brutal Deluxe on Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:35 am

my username is now mud.....
Brutal Deluxe
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby Nachokoolaid on Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:38 am

Brutal Deluxe wrote:my username is now mud.....

Buster?
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Shane on Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:20 am

Maybee they will accept the fact that both are older than God, and try to go a more comedy route with the film. Grumpy old Muscle Men.
Shane
AIRWOLF

Postby havocSchultz on Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:29 am

John-Locke wrote:
havocSchultz wrote:wow...where's ABking when you need him... i think i just heard his crotch and his head simultaneously explode...

HAHAHA

I made the mistake of making a joke about Sly once in a TB from one of his stories, he jumped down my throat, funny guy :)

ya - i know - he's kinda scary - in an obsessed/dedicated extreme fan kinda way... i just don't which of the 2 he loves more... maybe - if this movie ever happens - we'll finally find out - and it'll be like a parent being forced to pick their favorite child... i want this movie to be made just for the talkbacks that ABking shows up in...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby WinslowLeach on Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:46 pm

The Brutal Deluxe teaser poster:

WinslowLeach
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:45 pm

The one sheet when they decide to go in another direction

Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood

Postby havocSchultz on Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:32 pm

Retardo_Montalban wrote:The one sheet when they decide to go in another direction

now that is brutal...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Nachokoolaid on Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:47 am

Good show on those posters.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Re: Arnie and Sly team up --- BRUTAL DELUXE

Postby TheButcher on Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:48 am

From AICN Jan 17, 2011:
Arnold Schwarzeneggar reading 3 scripts right now, including WITH WINGS AS EAGLES!!!
Hey folks, Harry here... yeah, this is kinda awesome if it comes to pass... Apparently Arnold has reported that he's currently reading 3 scripts including one of my old favorites from Arnie's unmade past. For me, there are two films that I would kill to see Arnold make. 1) is CRUSADE with Paul Verhoeven. Then the one that he says he's reading and particularly fond of... is WITH WINGS AS EAGLES! This could be a great film for Arnold. Wallace's script is awesome. I'm a little concerned that Arnold may feel that CRUSADE is now out of his age range, if that is the case, I'd love to see him produce that film, so it gets made (Arnie owns the Script). But WITH WINGS AS EAGLES gets to show off Arnold's ability with multiple languages, and really feels like a classic WWII flick. This is very good news...
Hi Harry,

Schwarzenegger said he's looking at 3 movie scripts now with one of them being with Wings as Eagles!!! Wow, Arnold has teased fans for 10 years on that one. At last this WW2 film may come our way!

http://www.thearnoldfans.com/news/1741.html

Randy

http://www.thearnoldfans.com

From 24 Frames January 15, 2011:
Arnold Schwarzenegger hums a comeback tune
He took a gig in "The Expendables" because pal Sylvester Stallone asked him to, but was it also a trial balloon for a return to Hollywood?

Arnold Schwarzenegger went right for the big question, if not the big answer, at the Critics Choice Awards last night (video above) with a joke from the stage about why he had come to the Hollywood ceremony. "I stand before you not as a former governor...I came here for one reason and one reason only -- as an unemployed actor begging for work."

He then stayed on the subject with a series of jokes about the parts he didn't get in 2010, including the best of the bunch, Colin Firth's stuttering royal in "The King's Speech." "If they wanted someone who had trouble speaking English, why pick Colin Firth? I mean, I invented not speaking English properly."

Schwarzenegger has been playing a Brett Favre-like game of will-he-or-won't-he for a while now, most recently telling Variety that he'd like to come back and comparing acting to riding a bike.

The former governor hasn't had anything more than a cameo since his performance in the third "Terminator" film in 2003. But as we reported back in the spring, there are more than a few producers in town who would invite him to star in a movie. And with all the references he's been making to acting lately, the onetime action star may just be waiting for an invitation.

--Steven Zeitchik

From EW Nov 25, 1994:
All The Knight Moves
By Cindy Pearlman

Talk about strange bedfellows: Sources say Columbia Pictures chief Mark Canton is so hot to nab Arnold Schwarzenegger's on-again, off-again 11th-century sand-and-sandal epic, Crusade, that he's willing to team up with unlikely allies, Warner Bros. or Universal, to make it happen None of the studios will comment. But insiders at all three concede that discussions are under way for Warner or Universal to foot half the cost of Arnold's $100 million-plus dream project in exchange for overseas rights.

It's just another strange twist in the saga of Crusade, a movie that Schwarzenegger and director Paul Verhoeven have dreamed of doing since Total Recall. Only last May, both were stunned when the financially shaky Carolco winced at the price tag and pulled the plug. Schwarzenegger, who will play a medieval serf, won't comment on a collaboration. But he told EW, ''So many times the press is writing about the end of big-budget movies like Waterworld. It's all nonsense. There is no end in sight. (The studios) all want to be part of a big monster picture.''

Aside from Schwarzenegger, the tentative cast includes John Turturro (Quiz Show) and Jennifer Connelly (The Rocketeer). And it won't be a pretty picture: There's cannibalism, mutilations, lopped-off heads, animal dung, and one dead-donkey scene that would tax a cast-iron stomach. No matter who ends up joining the Crusade, it looks like Arnold will emerge with the Holy Grail.

wiki:
Several film projects were announced with Schwarzenegger attached to star, including the remake of Planet of the Apes, a new film version of I Am Legend, and a World War II film scripted by Quentin Tarantino that would have seen Schwarzenegger play an Austrian for the third time (after Junior and Kindergarten Cop).

From Den of Geek Mar 3, 2009:
The 7 films that Arnold Schwarzenegger never made

Simon Brew wrote:
Arnold Schwarzenegger as the Tooth Fairy? Playing John McClane? Fighting Stallone and Willis? These and more in the films that Arnie never made…

Published on Mar 3, 2009

Even the biggest movie star in the world can sometimes fail to get a project lifted off the ground. Here, we take a look at an assortment of films that Arnold Schwarzenegger was linked with that for differing reasons never eventually materialised with the Austrian Oak in them…

Crusade

Arguably the most interesting movie on Arnold Schwarzenegger’s never-made list was a potential reunion with his Total Recall director, Paul Verhoeven. The film was Crusade, and it was set to be a Middle Ages epic with plenty of hack and slash to it. Carolco was set to be putting up the money for the film, but it quickly pulled the plug in 1994 when it opted instead to put its funding into the Renny Harlin-helmed Cutthroat Island. Crusade would have cost just over $100m to make (and back then, that wasn’t the routine figure it is now), while Cutthroat Island was to be around $30m cheaper.

Carolco argued that the cost for Crusade was potentially going to be still more, and the project was put into turnaround. And while Schwarzenegger was reportedly trying to revive it at the end of the 90s, Crusade is set to go down as one of the most interesting blockbusters never made. For more on just where it all went wrong, may we recommend David Hughes’ book, The Greatest Sci-Fi Movies Never Made. Well worth a read…

Spider-man

Back when James Cameron was developing his version of Spider-man, one of the plans was for the main villain to be Dr Octopus. If that had happened, the name being mooted to play him was none other than Cameron’s old collaborator, Arnie. Nothing concrete ever came of this, though, and once again, we recommend David Hughes’ aforementioned book for more on the Spider-man that never was…

True Lies 2

To be fair on this one, if James Cameron had pushed ahead with his originally-planned sequel to True Lies, then it’s likely that Schwarzenegger would have come aboard. As it stood, in the slipstream of Titanic, Cameron didn’t commit to another major feature until the currently in post-production Avatar. He toyed with True Lies 2, but apparently dropped the project in the wake of the September 11th attacks.

Total Recall 2

Back when the business that was Carolco sort of re-emerged as C-2 Pictures, it reportedly picked up the rights to a few of the original firm’s older films. Basic Instinct was one, Total Recall was the other. The idea was that it could press ahead with sequels to them both, and try and put some green in the bank.

Try as they might, though, but Total Recall 2 simply went nowhere. Schwarzenegger saw and sent back the script, and eventually, C-2 did manage to get the Basic Instinct sequel moving instead. When that bombed, it hardly ignited the chances of a follow-up to Total Recall, to which Arnie never seemed to commit. Instead, there’s now talk of a remake, which we reported about here, with Arnold nowhere in sight.

Sgt Rock

Just looking at the cast list of Sylvester Stallone’s upcoming The Expendables is enough to make any fan of 80s, 90s and even contemporary action cinema salivate. Stallone? Schwarzenegger? Statham? Mickey Rourke? Jet-Li? Just where do we get tickets?

But at the start of the 90s, it could have been Stallone, Schwarzenegger and Bruce Willis uniting, when the trio were (almost) all at the height of their box office powers. The project was the comic book adaptation of Sgt Rock, being packaged by uber-producer Joel Silver, and there was real consideration given to bringing the three together in the one project. Schwarzenegger was attached, but we suspect it was the budget that ultimately kyboshed the idea.

Sgt Rock is, however, still in development, and recently was linked to Bruce Willis. Guy Ritchie had been mooted as a director, but he went off to do Sherlock Holmes instead.

Die Hard

Just how differently could history have been? Back in the 1980s, Arnie was apparently offered the chance to be John McClane in the movie Die Hard. This would, of course, have turned the ordinary guy fighting back feel of that film into something else entirely, but fortunately – for unknown reasons – the Austrian Oak turned the role down. Phew.

Tooth Fairy

Back when Schwarzenegger was actively hunting for high concept comedies, given that Twins made very big bucks indeed, he flirted for some time with the idea of Tooth Fairy. At one point with City Slickers director Ron Underwood reported to be mooted to helm, Tooth Fairy would have seen Arnie playing the tooth fairy. The project was on the burner for some time, but never seemed to gel together.

However, the mantle for this one has been picked up elsewhere. The film is now in production, only with The Rock in the leading role instead. It’s due out at the end of the year.

Believe the rumours…

There’s inevitably lots of tittle-tattle on potentially Schwarzenegger projects, but he’s also supposed to have turned down Commando 2, Predator 2 and Full Metal Jacket (!). Furthermore, his name was linked with the likes of Robocop, I Am Legend and Strange Days too. Things really could have been very different…
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:53 am

From TAF:
Arnold's Big Comeback Film May Soar with "Wings"! - Schwarzenegger is Considering 3 Movie Scripts!
For seven long, excruciating years, we've waited for Schwarzenegger, now free of his Governor duties, to come back to the world of action films. Today we've heard the words we've been longing for, straight out of Arnold's own lips, that he's got three film scripts to consider; one of them being on our all-time drool list! Arnold gave krone.at a sit-down interview and revealed his long-anticipated WW2 script may be a top contender for his big motion picture comeback!
Arnold Schwarzenegger: "Currently I'm reading three scripts. One topic/script, which I considered a long time ago before governor, is delighting me particularly. In it I would play an older soldier, who gets the order at the ending of the war to kill a bunch of kids. But he doesn't do it and get them to safety at the risk of his life and it has all kind of adventure. This script is based on a true story!"

That's all Schwarzenegger had to say about the war script but TheArnoldFans.com can tell you more. The title: WITH WINGS AS EAGLES! With Wings As Eagles, written by Randall Wallace (Braveheart, We Were Soldiers fame) is based on the true life story about a German officer who does not agree with his surrounding Nazi party and instead helps the American POWs escape.

We have read the original 2001 script ourselves and it is epic in every way! This serious, gritty, action-packed drama is the perfect direction for The Oak to head in. Perhaps now is the time for Arnold to star in these more serious epic films instead of doing the comedies and popcorn movies. Arnold himself agrees that the Commando type of films may soon be best left behind him and that more serious roles should be considered.

Arnold Schwarzenegger: "In the future I have to adapt my roles to my age. Clint Eastwood also has done it in the same way. Extreme fighting or shooting is not possible anymore. I want to be more encouraged as an actor and I believe that I can manage this challenge. I am like a sponge, which is absorbing all the knowledge and always be willing to learn all new things."

Randall Wallace still wants Arnie to play Osterman one day. "Arnold can play the part well into his 60's" he says.

Naturally, the big question is WHEN can we see Arnold in theaters?
Arnold Schwarzenegger: "No idea. I don't have a fixed plan. First of all I have to decide which one of these scripts appeals the most for me, then there have to be the right director and so on. But the movie-making is a part of my future plans. Some day the waiting is over again and I'm looking forward to that."

Today the sound of millions of fans cheering over this news can be heard worldwide! We've waited a decade for Arnold to star in With Wings as Eagles. Arnold, please don't let us wait much longer to sign on the dotted line... unless of course you're considering your other two scripts: CRUSADE and KING CONAN!
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Nachokoolaid on Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:57 pm

TRUE LIES 2!!!
TRUE LIES 2!!!
TRUE LIES 2!!!

Ok, any Arnie will suffice, but TRUE LIES 2 would be a real treat. Or Expendables 2, with Arnie in a major role.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby ironic name on Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:49 pm

arnie playing a nazi!
ironic name
had cheer sex with Megan Gale

Postby John-Locke on Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:57 pm

I hope he makes Stolen Identity 3

John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby TheButcher on Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:53 pm

From Deadline:
Older Thesps Show Staying Power
MIKE FLEMING wrote:At the same time, Arnold Schwarzenegger reportedly told Austrian publication Krone he's already getting his film career on track, resuscitating two projects he has held onto since the 1990s. One's With Wings As Eagles, which Randall Wallace wrote, based on his father -in-law's recollection of a German soldier ordered to execute American prisoners in WWII who instead helped them escape. It's similar to the good-Nazi terrain Tom Cruise covered in Valkyrie. Schwarzenegger almost got it made before calling off to take time off for a health issue in the late 1990s. The other script drawing speculation is Crusade, a pricey period pic with a script by Walon Green that has long been considered one of the best unmade screenplays. That film got closest in the waning days of Carolco. Mario Kassar had the dough to make one big budget film, but inexplicably bypassed Crusade and made Cutthroat Island, even when Michael Douglas stepped out because director Renny Harlin and star Geena Davis (then a couple) made hims role less significant. Matthew Modine stepped in and the film became an epic flop that sank Carolco. Can Arnold, once the most bankable action star in the world, regain his standing after being away running the state of California most of the last decade? Who could have predicted that sequels to Red and The Expendables would be so viable?

From AICN November 23, 1999:
An A.B. special... the 3 projects currently in the works for ARNOLD!
Ha rry wrote:Hey folks, Harry here with this report on the three films leaving Arnold's mouth yesterday morning. TRUE LIES 2 - currently being scripted. THE SIXTH DAY - almost ready to shoot up in Canada. and... wait for it... That's right AB KING... A dream is a wish your heart makes.... CRUSADE - which he claims is being prepped. ALRIGHT. When last we heard, this was the Verhoeven/Ahnult project to end all Arnold projects. The name HAGAN will live for a long time in the history of cinematic lore. Who's lined up for directing chores? Has it been lined up? Please... no hacks please. CRUSADE is the epic film I've been dying to see for the past 4 years (length of time I've known of the project). Keep your ears alert... somethings afoot.

From AICN February 28, 2000:
A Brief A.B.King Report on COLLATERAL DAMAGE, just added an extra tidbit...
Ha rry wrote:Hey folks, Harry here with the latest on that Ahnult fella from the Schwarzenegger/Stallone fan #1, A.B. King. ALso, in one of the half dozen or so emails that I have received from A.B. in the past couple of days, he claims that the reason the big man dropped TOTAL RECALL 2, was so he could do WITH WINGS AS EAGLES after COLLATERAL DAMAGE with Paul Verhoeven as the alleged director. So far, I haven't been able to get that confirmed. But we still have to look at the possibility that Arnold will be doing the Darabont/Russell directed DOC SAVAGE: MAN OF BRONZE instead. So... Here's A.B.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: TERMINATORS AND PREDATORS

Postby TheButcher on Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:05 pm

EW Exclusive: Producer Gale Anne Hurd says she would 'love' to make another Terminator movie
Walking Dead executive producer Gale Anne Hurd has told EW she would “love” to make another Terminator movie. Hurd produced and co-wrote the first Terminator film and for a long period owned half of the rights to the property.

In recent years, the franchise has had mixed fortunes at the box office and has suffered from a string of behind-the-scenes financial problems. The most recent movie, 2009′s McG-directed Terminator Salvation, was produced by a company called Halcyon, which filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy not long after the film’s release. In February of this year, the Terminator rights were acquired by the California hedge fund Pacificor.

“It’s very sad,” says Hurd of the franchise’s recent history. “You feel like you gave birth to something and it’s been adopted and those adoptions haven’t worked out. Of course I’d be interested in doing another one. I’d love it.”

It is surely only a matter of time before another Terminator movie gets the green light, with or without the participation of Hurd. What would you like to see in a fifth Terminator film?

From MTV:
NYCC 2010: Adrien Brody Says Alternate 'Predators' Ending Would Have Featured Arnold Schwarzenegger
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: The Expendables 2

Postby TheButcher on Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:47 am

From Den of Geek:
The Expendables 2: filming to commence this year, Bruce Willis and Van Damme to appear?
Ryan Lambie wrote:If the latest rumours are correct, Expendables 2 may be set to commence shooting this year, and could feature an appearance from Jean-Claude Van Damme…

Published on Jan 18, 2011

With the box office success of The Expendables last year, it's inevitable that Sylvester Stallone would want to get a sequel underway as soon as possible. According to Bruce Willis, Expendables 2 could begin filming sooner than we'd expected. Collared as he left the Golden Globes on Sunday, the actor said, "Apparently it's going to happen this year."

When asked whether he's going to reprise his brief but memorable role as Mr. Church from the first film, he said, "As far as I know, barring any unforeseen circumstances, but yeah, I would love to be a part of it."

There are also rumours, meanwhile, that Jean-Claude Van Damme may be set to appear in the sequel, having turned down the chance to appear in the first Expendables movie. This is according to the website Van Damme Fans (which comes to us via Dark Horizons), where filmmaker Sheldon Lettich (who wrote and directed the Van Damme movies AWOL and Double Impact) suggests that the Muscles from Brussels could be set to sign up, but only if "Steven Seagal is not in the sequel".

Legend has it that Van Damme and Seagal almost came to blows at a party held by Stallone at his Miami home in 1997. There was apparently a disagreement over which actor could "kick the other's ass". In a 2008 interview, Stallone told the magazine FHM that, when Van Damme offered Seagal a bout of combat in the back garden, the latter "made his excuses and left".

How much weight we can put on Van Damme's Expendables 2 appearance isn't yet clear, but given the success of the first film, we'd be surprised if Van Damme turned down a second opportunity of appearing alongside Stallone and his action contemporaries.

Access Hollywood
Dark Horizons
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: HEADSHOT

Postby TheButcher on Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:58 pm

Sylvester Stallone to Star as Hitman in 'Headshot'
Pamela McClintock wrote:Sylvester Stallone will star as a New Orleans hitman in Headshot for IM Global and Alexandra Milchan's EMJAG Productions.

The project and Stallone's casting was announced Sunday by IM Global CEO Stuart Ford, who will launch Headshot to foreign buyers this week at the European Film Market in Berlin.

Wayne Kramer will direct the film, and begins lensing this May in Louisiana and New York.

The screenplay, written by Alessandro Camon (The Messenger) and Stallone, centers around New Orleans hitman Jimmy (Stallone) who, in order to avenge the death of his partner, must team up with a NYPD detective.
Last edited by TheButcher on Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:19 pm

He's Back: Arnold Schwarzenegger 'Seriously' Fielding Movie Offers
Josh Wigler wrote:Don't say he didn't warn you: after all, he told you he'd be back!

Since leaving his office as the Governor of California mere weeks ago, Arnold Schwarzenegger's possible return to the hills of Hollywood has been on every action junkie's mind, yours truly included. And now, what we were all hoping for is officially official: Arnie is ready for his big screen comeback.

"Exciting news. My friends at CAA have been asking me for 7 years when they can take offers seriously. Gave them the green light today," the actor-turned-politician-turned-actor-again wrote on Twitter yesterday evening. As a lifelong Schwarzenegger fan, I couldn't be more excited about the news. The only question is, which project should he pursue first? After the jump, we have some suggestions!

"The Expendables 2"
It goes without saying that the world needs more Trent Mauser. Schwarzy's brief but brilliant cameo in "The Expendables" deserves a serious amount of elaboration in the sequel. A three-way showdown between Stallone, Schwarzenegger and Willis is an action nerd's absolute dream come true, and with Arnold fielding offers again, it's a dream that suddenly isn't too far off.

"Predator 4"
Digging back a bit deeper, how about reprising one of his most classic roles as Major Dutch Schaefer? The "Predator" hero was originally set for a cameo in Robert Rodriguez and Nimrod Antal's "Predators," but his political obligations kept that from happening. Now, the timing works. With those parachutes dropping from the sky at the end of "Predators," I think we all know who should touch down to reclaim his status as the Predators' deadliest foe.

The Director's Chair
Schwarzenegger has expressed interest in returning to Hollywood not just as an actor, but also as a director. There's no arguing that the man has plenty of experience in front of the camera; who wouldn't be interested in seeing how that information translates to a behind-the-lens experience? If nothing else, it's an experiment that all of Schwarzenegger's fans can get behind.

Anything But "Terminator 5"
Unpopular opinion alert: Schwarzenegger shouldn't return to the "Terminator" franchise, at least not yet. The series needs some room to breathe after the back-to-back critical drubbings that "Rise of the Machines" and "Salvation" suffered through. Yes, the clock is ticking on Arnie's ability to flex those cybernetic muscles in front of the camera, but would you really prefer a rushed and poorly-conceived Schwarzenegger-led "Terminator" sequel to a far-off but thoughtfully considered one? I certainly wouldn't – and it's not as if the man is without his options. We want you back, big guy, but only if you're pumping out the high quality iron we remember you best for.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:13 pm

24 FRAMES EXCLUSIVE:
'The Expendables' aims to come back -- but with less Stalllone
Steven Zeitchik wrote:Fans of 'The Expendables" have been clamoring for a sequel since the final round of alter kocker gunfire went off last summer. Now it looks like they'll get their wish-- but without Sylvester Stallone behind the camera.

The follow-up movie is a top priority at producer Millennium Films, where it's being developed by Stallone, the creative force behind the original. But Stallone, who both starred in and directed the 2010 summer hit, isn't planning on helming the new movie. Instead, he's been meeting with directors to tackle the sequel, said a person who was briefed on the project but was not authorized to speak about it publicly.

The script for the new movie has been written by David Agosto and Ken Kaufman, the latter of whom counts the Clint Eastwood adventure "Space Cowboys" and family comedy "Curious George" among his credits, said the source. (Stallone co-wrote the script for the original with David Callaham.)

A spokeswoman for Millennium did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Made essentially outside the studio system and distributed by Lionsgate, "The Expendables" became a $275-million global grosser on the strength of an action-hero ensemble cast that included Stallone, Jet Li, Jason Statham, Dolph Lundgren and Steve Austin. In the movie, a motley crew of action heroes gather to overthrow a South American despot. There's no word yet on the mission in the new movie.

Stallone has been talking about an "Expendables" sequel since before the first movie opened, telling 24 Frames last August that he "had an idea ready to go," and adding that he's "going to try to do something that's quite radical." He's subsequently said he'd like to dial in new characters and reduce the role of older characters.

Some of the casting speculation for a possible sequel has centered on Bruce Willis getting a larger role, fueled by Stallone's tweet last summer that he wanted the actor as a "super villain." But maybe more intriguing is the prospect of Arnold Schwarzenegger making an appearance: The former governor had a walk-on part in the first "Expendables." But he has a lot more time now that Sacramento has made him, well, you know.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:43 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:36 pm

Arnold Schwarzenegger Talks True Lies 2
When asked previously what scripts he was considering as his comeback film, he said,
"Well, first of all it's more [like] 15 films, obvious ones from 'The Terminator' to remakes of 'Predator' and 'The Running Man' and all of those things."

Tom Arnold meanwhile has been making claims that there's a True Lies 2 script to the press, but Schwarzenegger addressed the possible sequel in the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly.
"The idea of a 'True Lies' sequel has been around since the early 2000s, but then 9/11 happened and we didn't do it because it had to do with a terrorist attack. A lot of terrorist-type scripts were cancelled back then, but now they are emerging again because there hasn't been a terrorist attack in the last 10 years. Then, of course, there's dialogue about me getting back into the Terminator thing. But you know, I've been out of office only two months now. I couldn't be thinking about doing 'Terminator 16' while I was still governor."

His quote above about "Terminator" sure is interesting. And what did he say about possibly reteaming with James Cameron on a film?

"Could be."
Short and sweet.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby John-Locke on Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:35 pm

John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Nachokoolaid on Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:57 pm

I'll be honest. I'd watch that, as long as there's less Black Eyed Peas, and more Arnold.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby so sorry on Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:06 am

Wow. I can't think of anything more eye-gougingly terrible than that.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheButcher on Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:10 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: The Last Stand

Postby TheButcher on Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:15 pm

Has Arnold Schwarzenegger Found His First Post-Office Movie?
Sources say that the actor-turned-governor-turned-returning actor is circling "The Last Stand," a Lionsgate action project.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:30 pm

John-Locke wrote:

Captain Planet called. He wants his animators back.

That looks just blazingly awful.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TheButcher on Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:59 pm

Schwarzenegger circling a pair of pics - Governator eyes 'Last Stand,' 'The Tomb'
Jeff Sneider wrote:Arnold Schwarzenegger will be back -- now he just has to make up his mind about when and where.

Schwarzenegger is circling two pics: Lionsgate's actioner "Last Stand" -- for which he's received an offer -- and Summit's "The Tomb."

"Last Stand," to be produced by Lorenzo di Bonaventura and directed by Jee-woon Kim ("I Saw the Devil") from a script by Andrew Knauer and Jeffrey Nachmanoff, revolves around a border-town sheriff who battles a Mexican cartel boss. Liam Neeson had considered starring, but he's moved on, opening the door for Schwarzenegger, who's received an offer and is in early discussions to topline.

"The Tomb," to be directed by Antoine Fuqua, is about a structural security expert who's framed for a crime and put in a high-security prison that he designed. Miles Chapman and Jason Keller penned the thriller.

Insiders say Schwarzenegger has had several meetings over the past couple weeks with Fuqua and Summit execs, and both sides have shown mutual interest in working together.

Though Schwarzenegger is interested in doing both films, each presents its own hurdles.

With "Last Stand," Schwarzenegger has yet to meet with Kim. And there may be a scheduling conflict with "The Tomb," as Fuqua is gearing up to direct a Tupac Shakur biopic for Morgan Creek and Universal that's scheduled to shoot this summer. If Fuqua indeed shoots "Tupac" this summer, "The Tomb" would need a later start date, which may spur Schwarzenegger to consider other projects.

There's been speculation about Schwarzenegger's next move in Hollywood ever since he wrapped his seven-year run as governor of California in January and announced via Twitter that he was ready to get back into movies.

There's been chatter about Schwarzenegger reprising one of his signature characters, such as "Terminator" or "The Running Man." But his interest in "The Tomb" and "Last Stand" indicates he's focused on fresh material.

Schwarzenegger's last starring role came in 2003's "Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines." He had a cameo in Lionsgate's "The Expendables" last year and also appeared in 2004's "Around the World in 80 Days."

Schwarzenegger is repped by CAA.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: The Last Stand

Postby TheButcher on Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:38 pm

TheButcher wrote:Has Arnold Schwarzenegger Found His First Post-Office Movie?
Sources say that the actor-turned-governor-turned-returning actor is circling "The Last Stand," a Lionsgate action project.

UPDATE, NOW WITH MORE HEAT:
Sources tell Heat Vision that Schwarzenegger and Lionsgate are far along in the dealmaking process and a tentative late August start date is being eyed. Dealmaking could still fall apart over money, but if made, Lionsgate would get bragging rights to having the first post-office Arnie movie, a movie that would likely be a safe bet for all involved as it would feature old school Arnie: him versus a bunch of bad guys.

Arnold Schwarzenegger might have found his big-screen return project.
Sources say that the actor-turned-governor-turned-returning actor is circling The Last Stand, a Lionsgate action project being produced by Lorenzo di Bonaventura.

Jee-Woon Kim, the director behind Korean film The Good, The Bad, The Weird, is helming the crime thriller, which is set in motion when a cartel leader breaks out of a courthouse and speeds to the Mexican border. The only thing standing in his way is a bordertown sheriff and his inexperienced staff.

Andrew Knauer wrote the spec script, which was worked on by Jeffrey Nachmanoff.

Sources say Schwarzenegger is in early negotiations for the part of the sheriff, although his agency, CAA, could not confirm the dealmaking and Lionsgate had no comment. The news of Arnold’s involvement first surfaced in Poland and was followed by the U.S. film fan sites Movieweb and /Film.

Schwarzenegger has been courted for over a dozen projects since he finished his term as California governor. World War II action project With Wings Eagles and sequels and remakes to Predator and Marathon Man are some of the titles that have surfaced.

Schwarzenegger last appeared on screen in a brief cameo in 2010’s hit action film The Expendables. His last starring gig was 2003’s Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines and he also appeared in the 2004 Jackie Chan movie Around the World in 80 Days.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:48 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Nice Marmot on Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:40 am

I want to get excited, but . . . you know. Are the Deadwood juices still flowing?

And was Undisputed any good? I've read plenty of conflicting reviews.

Regardless, Walter Hill IS the man!
Nice Marmot
REAL DRAGON

Postby Bloo on Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:33 am

this is news I can get excited with
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Re: Walter Hill

Postby TheButcher on Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:44 am

From MTV:
Walter Hill 101: Get To Know Sylvester Stallone's 'Headshot' Director

Warriors come out to PPPllllaaaaayyyyYYY!
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:47 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:02 pm

Sly Stallone: I'm Not Directing 'Expendables' Sequel!
Sylvester Stallone wants it known that despite reports to the contrary, he will not be directing the sequel to The Expendables. Stallone, who directed and starred in the crowd-pleasing original that grossed around $275 million for Millennium and Lionsgate, is heavily involved in putting together a list of directors to helm the second installment. That film's being scripted and is expected to have the major action stars back -- with Stallone lobbying for Arnold Schwarzenegger and Bruce Willis to return after playing cameos in the first film. The film's also expected to broaden its coterie of action heroes beyond Jason Statham, Jet Li, Mickey Rourke, Dolph Lundgren and Terry Crews, but none of those casting decisions have yet been finalized. Stallone next stars in the drama Headshot, a drama that will be directed by Walter Hill.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Next

Return to Movie Discussion