Official X-Men: The Last Stand Review Thread [SPOILERS!]

New movies! Old movies! B-movies! Discuss discuss discuss!!!

With 10 being the best and 1 being the worst, how would you rate X-Men: The Last Stand?

3%
3%
17%
23%
16%
10%
8%
6%
3%
4%
I will not be seeing this/I am waiting for DVD
5%

Total votes : 115

Postby Matt_ch on Wed May 24, 2006 12:37 pm

MASSIVE SPOILER WARNING!!!

First off the first "no way!" BS is right BEFORE the credits. It shows a cured mutant using their powers in hiding.

The second one happens after the credits. Where a dead person is implied to not quite be dead. Which I don't have a problem with actually. Considering who it was and how they died, and knowing how they've cheated death in the comics, its straight from the comics.
Matt_ch
GLIB

Postby tapehead on Wed May 24, 2006 12:39 pm

[quote="Matt_ch"]First off the first "no way!" BS is right BEFORE the credits. It shows a cured mutant using their powers in hiding.

The second one happens after the credits. Where a dead person is implied to not quite be dead. Which I don't have a problem with actually. Considering who it was and how they died, and knowing how they've cheated death in the comics, its straight from the comics.[/
[quote]

Hello? some restraint? CAN WE HAVE A SPOILER WARNING please? Mods? I wanna watch the movie like you did - without all these massive fucking spoilers of the film's conclusion
Last edited by tapehead on Wed May 24, 2006 12:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby TonyWilson on Wed May 24, 2006 12:40 pm

Matt I think the best thing is to put this in tiny text so everyone doesn't get spoiled.

If you know how to do then apologies for seeming condescending, but some people aren't sure

[ size=2 ] [/ size ]

Just remove the spaces and the text will end up being that small.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby Matt_ch on Wed May 24, 2006 12:42 pm

thedoglippedone wrote:
Matt_ch wrote:
thedoglippedone wrote:Now that is a massive spoiler.

Maybe so... but it's so revolting of an ending it has to be brought up.

How could they possibly have a movie be about something that doesn't work?

Well for the obvious reason:

They want to possibly use the "cured," mutants in new movies. So lets make sure we point out that its "temporary."

They better not be implying that only one person is "immune," to the cure for no apparent reason

Man, don't be a douche.

Put spoiler warnings up for this shit, please.

Some of us want to watch this tripe untainted........

Fine I edited it. However I in no way say who for either case. LOTS of mutants get "cured." 3 people die. That has been common knowledge for awhile. So you still don't know who of the above.
Matt_ch
GLIB

Postby Peven on Wed May 24, 2006 12:43 pm

get that spoiling glib matt the fuck out of here. {edit} signed up just so he could try to fuck things up for anyone who was actually looking forward to seeing this movie.

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby MasterWhedon on Wed May 24, 2006 12:43 pm

Matt, I don't want to step on your toes, but I went back and threw in those MASSIVE SPOILER WARNING tags.

Please try to include something similar every time if you're going to be including details about any major twist. And tiny text is a nice additional helper.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby TonyWilson on Wed May 24, 2006 12:44 pm

Peven wrote:get that spoiling glib matt the fuck out of here. asshole signed up just so he could try to fuck things up for anyone who was actually looking forward to seeing this movie.

Bitter? :wink:
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson

Postby tapehead on Wed May 24, 2006 12:45 pm

Peven wrote:get that spoiling glib matt the fuck out of here. {edit} signed up just so he could try to fuck things up for anyone who was actually looking forward to seeing this movie.

what he said
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Wed May 24, 2006 12:46 pm

Still too much info. C'mon, try harder. SIZE, fella, SIZE! It's important!

No matter what anyone tells you! Smaller is better in here.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby doglips on Wed May 24, 2006 12:46 pm

TonyWilson wrote:
Peven wrote:get that spoiling glib matt the fuck out of here. asshole signed up just so he could try to fuck things up for anyone who was actually looking forward to seeing this movie.

Your payments in the post Matt-Ch :P
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby tapehead on Wed May 24, 2006 12:48 pm

well no, actually you went into some detail
I read Massawyrm's review - KNOWING IT HAD SPOILERS IN IT - and didn't come away with what you posted here
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby MasterWhedon on Wed May 24, 2006 12:48 pm

Matt_ch wrote:
MasterWhedon wrote:Matt, I don't want to step on your toes, but I went back and threw in those MASSIVE SPOILER WARNING tags.

Please try to include something similar every time if you're going to be including details about any major twist. And tiny text is a nice additional helper.

Sorry I did not know that for a spoiler site that I had to label it as such. Especially since most of the recent posts were about a review quoted on here.

I didn't say anything that wasn't in that review by Massawyrm. I just confirm that it is indeed the case.

The issue is just that the movie isn't out yet, so we try to mark SPOILERS up until the release date, and then sometimes for a little while after.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby TonyWilson on Wed May 24, 2006 12:49 pm

thedoglippedone wrote:
TonyWilson wrote:

IPAMPILASH!!!!!

I wish I'd thought of doing that. :wink:

j/k Peven, we may argue but spoiling a film for someone on purpose is too low for me.

Matt that wasn't aimed at you, I didn't think you were being malicious.
TonyWilson

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Wed May 24, 2006 12:49 pm

This ISN'T a spoiler site, Matt. It's a place to discuss.

Although the idea of a seperate spoiler forum sounds enticing just having to put spoilers in tags is easier, if only someone would enable that function. Is there an FAQ on this spoiler stuff?
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MasterWhedon on Wed May 24, 2006 12:52 pm

AtomicHyperbole wrote:This ISN'T a spoiler site, Matt. It's a place to discuss.

Although the idea of a seperate spoiler forum sounds enticing just having to put spoilers in tags is easier, if only someone would enable that function. Is there an FAQ on this spoiler stuff?

I'm going to make an announcement on this in a second.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Wed May 24, 2006 12:52 pm

I hope you're including a full orchestral fanfare.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Matt_ch on Wed May 24, 2006 12:57 pm

tapehead wrote:well no, actually you went into some detail
I read Massawyrm's review - KNOWING IT HAD SPOILERS IN IT - and didn't come away with what you posted here

Hmmm....

[quote][size=17]
What makes matters worse is that as the film draws to a close, you realize how much of what happened - but didn’t ever feel real - actually was real. Those characters were really dead. Other characters really lost their powers. Several storylines were all done at once ensuring they could never be done properly. That was it. That’s all we got. But remember my Dirty Sanchez statement? No, that wasn’t just an insult to the filmmakers. No, instead, we’re treated to a wrap up that begins to unravel virtually everything – that only adds insult to injury. It begins to say “Hey, remember that dead character. Maybe they’re not really dead. Remember all those people who lost their powers. Maybe the powers will come back.â€
Last edited by Matt_ch on Wed May 24, 2006 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt_ch
GLIB

Postby Matt_ch on Wed May 24, 2006 12:59 pm

There is the above better?
Matt_ch
GLIB

Postby Peven on Wed May 24, 2006 1:04 pm

TonyWilson wrote:
thedoglippedone wrote:
TonyWilson wrote:

IPAMPILASH!!!!!

j/k Peven, we may argue but spoiling a film for someone on purpose is too low for me.

Matt that wasn't aimed at you, I didn't think you were being malicious.

thedoglippedone, you're on my "list" from now on. :twisted: and here i was a big fan of your ms. marvel civil war sig too.

Tony, as much as we might disagree on some things, i wouldn't expect you to sink as low as purposely spoiling a movie out of spite. though, you know,............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..............................spoiler

i have heard that Lois Lane wakes up at the end up "Superman Returns", turns to see Bobby Ewing lying next to her, and realizes it was all just a dream.

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby tapehead on Wed May 24, 2006 1:04 pm

...*sigh* - yes, because to read it you had to click on the clear 'Spoiler' warning on the AICN main page
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Wed May 24, 2006 1:04 pm

Not the point, fella. This forum is a seperate entity to the reviews and run by different people.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Chairman Kaga on Wed May 24, 2006 1:05 pm

Matt_ch wrote:There is the above better?

No because now you are just quoting spoiler material from a review that some of us didn't want to read..
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tapehead on Wed May 24, 2006 1:06 pm

Clearly you didn't enjoy the film - please give us a turn
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby Chairman Kaga on Wed May 24, 2006 1:08 pm

Where is Whedon and his Cyclops visor beam when you need him.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Matt_ch on Wed May 24, 2006 1:11 pm

AtomicHyperbole wrote:Not the point, fella. This forum is a seperate entity to the reviews and run by different people.

Well honestly I am NEW.

I posted in a thread entitled "X-MEN 3 Reviews," and if you don't want to know about a movie, then I ask what are you doing reading reviews?

I have never known a newspaper to put "SPOILERS!" above their movie reviews. Never.

Sorry I came in here using common sense and didn't realize you have your own rules listed somewhere I'm not aware of.
Matt_ch
GLIB

Postby Matt_ch on Wed May 24, 2006 1:12 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:

No because now you are just quoting spoiler material from a review that some of us didn't want to read..

Well I tried to have it small, but it wouldn't work. I did however try.
Matt_ch
GLIB

Postby athenabodicea on Wed May 24, 2006 1:14 pm

Hi Matt!!!!!

Everybody be nice and help the n00b out....
He is obviously trying here....
ImageImageImage
athenabodicea
GEEK GODDESS

Postby Matt_ch on Wed May 24, 2006 1:14 pm

tapehead wrote:Clearly you didn't enjoy the film - please give us a turn

I did enjoy the movie. I stated that in my review.

It still however is a bad movie that is silly and pointless (because they made it so with the ending).

I enjoyed it because I love the characters, etc. It did piss me off as time passed, but I went in thinking it would suck and enjoyed myself.
Matt_ch
GLIB

Postby Chairman Kaga on Wed May 24, 2006 1:15 pm

Matt_ch wrote:
Chairman Kaga wrote:

Like this? Just select the text inside the quote tags and then change the font size....if the size tag are outside the quote tags it won't work.

athenabodicea wrote:Hi Matt!!!!!

Everybody be nice and help the welcome member of the Zone out....

Sorry but my knee jerk reaction was from him blabbing out the ending.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tapehead on Wed May 24, 2006 1:16 pm

I'm over this - to access the review on the main site you have to click a header containing the word 'spoilers' - a very clear sign. If a mod saw this, would they do anything?
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby MasterWhedon on Wed May 24, 2006 1:20 pm

Everyone simmer the fuck down right quick and take a look HERE.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby athenabodicea on Wed May 24, 2006 1:22 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:
Matt_ch wrote:
Chairman Kaga wrote:

Like this? Just select the text inside the quote tags and then change the font size....if the size tag are outside the quote tags it won't work.

athenabodicea wrote:Hi Matt!!!!!

Everybody be nice and help the welcome member of the Zone out....

Sorry but my knee jerk reaction was from him blabbing out the ending.

Hahahahaha....
That totally sucks...

I have been avoiding this thread for so fucking long.. now that opening weekend is approaching, I can't seem to hold out any longer....
I have no fucking patience.... I swear...
I have to wait until the day before Christmas to buy my gifts or else I just end up telling everyone what I got them... :roll:

Count me spoiled :(
ImageImageImage
athenabodicea
GEEK GODDESS

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Wed May 24, 2006 1:23 pm

Matt_ch wrote:
AtomicHyperbole wrote:Not the point, fella. This forum is a seperate entity to the reviews and run by different people.

Well honestly I am NEW.

I posted in a thread entitled "X-MEN 3 Reviews," and if you don't want to know about a movie, then I ask what are you doing reading reviews?

I have never known a newspaper to put "SPOILERS!" above their movie reviews. Never.

Sorry I came in here using common sense and didn't realize you have your own rules listed somewhere I'm not aware of.

Common sense also dictates that a lot of us have not seen it as the film isn't on general release. Thus, common sense dictates that there may be people who do not want to know the end of the film. {edit - kcbc - YOU ASS! First, that's a line I used on you. Second, where did I do it? Huh, WHERE?!?!}
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby athenabodicea on Wed May 24, 2006 1:24 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:Everyone simmer the fuck down right quick and take a look HERE.

Whoo hoo!!!

You rock MW... ;)
ImageImageImage
athenabodicea
GEEK GODDESS

Postby Chairman Kaga on Wed May 24, 2006 1:25 pm

Here ye here ye!

All is well!!!
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby unikrunk on Wed May 24, 2006 1:27 pm

What a bunch of gentlemen you all are; you fucks already know everything the glib posted, and don't fucking deny it. Or...do deny it.

Regardless, enough with the fucking beating this guy is taking. He took his licks, now simmer the fuck down. I think he gets it.

/fucking douches.
He can't' love you back...
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby unikrunk on Wed May 24, 2006 1:28 pm

AtomicHyperbole wrote:
Matt_ch wrote:

Well honestly I am NEW.

Common sense also dictates that a lot of us have not seen it as the film isn't on general release. Thus, common sense dictates that there may be people who do not want to know the end of the film. Thus endeth the lesson.

twat
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Wed May 24, 2006 1:28 pm

Unikrunk, take it to the EFBR before I kick your ass, you self-righteous sonuvvafemaledog. ;)
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Chairman Kaga on Wed May 24, 2006 1:29 pm

unikrunk wrote:What a bunch of gentlemen you all are; you fucks already know everything the glib posted, and don't fucking deny it. Or...do deny it.
/fucking douches.

I honestly did not know the ending. I knew of something following the credits but what it was and what it meant to the story I did not know.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Wed May 24, 2006 1:29 pm

unikrunk wrote:
AtomicHyperbole wrote:
Matt_ch wrote:

Well honestly I am NEW.

Common sense also dictates that a lot of us have not seen it as the film isn't on general release. Thus, common sense dictates that there may be people who do not want to know the end of the film. Thus endeth the lesson.

twat

Isn't that a female goldfish? So... X-Men. It's got mutants in it.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby unikrunk on Wed May 24, 2006 1:30 pm

AtomicHyperbole wrote:Unikrunk, take it to the EFBR before I kick your ass, you self-righteous sonuvvafemaledog. ;)

LOLLZORS!

/race ya!
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Wed May 24, 2006 1:32 pm

Matt_ch wrote:
AtomicHyperbole wrote:
Matt_ch wrote:

Well honestly I am NEW.

True. However real common sense says that if you're reading a review of something you expect plot points, etc. to be mentioned. So if you're reading this thread looking for what it is about: REVIEWS, then I would think you would expect exactly the types of reviews that appear on this mainpage, and like I put in here.

I in no way fully spoil the ending.

I just state that it comes undone. I say how. I again don't say who. Tons of mutants get cured: TONS. Only 1 is shown using their powers post-cure. Three die, and that's again public knowledge. I don't say which one is hinted to be alive.

Seems to me if you guys want to talk about "Buzz," rather than reviews perhaps there should be a "Buzz," thread. Where all you mention is the good or bad buzz. Are reviews good or bad? Leave the "reviews," themselves out of it.

I've written and read reviews of films and games without giving away major plot points. It can be done. A bad review is something that gives them away, like Keyser Soze being Verbal Kint in The Usual Suspects, or Bruce Willis being a ghost in The Sixth Sense, or the box in Seven containing the head of the cops wife.

Whoops!
Last edited by AtomicHyperbole on Wed May 24, 2006 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby unikrunk on Wed May 24, 2006 1:33 pm

SPOILER ALERT

The Da Vinci Code is about...

THE HAIR OF CHRIST!

/it was full of bounce and body.
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Wed May 24, 2006 1:35 pm

SPOILER ALERT

Christs hair is being kept under lock and key by the makers of Pantene Pro-V.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tapehead on Wed May 24, 2006 1:39 pm

no go on, be a jerk about it
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby MasterWhedon on Wed May 24, 2006 1:41 pm

People, seriously, stop fucking spazzing out. Just let this shit die. We didn't have a clear policy in place and Matt's new so he didn't know the procedure. Now we do and he does.

I WILL--SPOILER ALERT!!--optic blast you fuckers back to the Stone Age if you don't simmer down.

For realz.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby TonyWilson on Wed May 24, 2006 1:41 pm

Guys, come now, lets have a little thought for the new guy, he came in and gave us his thoughts on the movie which are appreciated and to be fair lots of people want spoilers so he didn't do much wrong. Yeh a spoiler warning would be nice but he is new and doesn't know how things work round these parts.

Welcome to the Zone Matt there's a new zoners thread around here somehwere.

Have fun

No hate, just debate.
TonyWilson

Postby doglips on Wed May 24, 2006 2:05 pm

Peven wrote:
TonyWilson wrote:
thedoglippedone wrote:
TonyWilson wrote:

IPAMPILASH!!!!!

thedoglippedone, you're on my "list" from now on.

Excellent, excellent.

I will PWN you at every turn.
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby Adam Balm on Wed May 24, 2006 2:12 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:People, seriously, stop fucking spazzing out. Just let this shit die. We didn't have a clear policy in place and Matt's new so he didn't know the procedure. Now we do and he does.

I WILL--SPOILER ALERT!!--optic blast you fuckers back to the Stone Age if you don't simmer down.

For realz.

Okay, I don't know why, but Zzzzzzzzzaaaaaakt always makes me burst out laughing uncontrollably like I just saw Kirk naked or something. I really have no idea why...

Oh, and everybody play nice and look at the nice puppies!

You can't stay angry when faced with the awesome cute-tastic power of puppies!
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Wed May 24, 2006 2:14 pm

FUCK, MAN! HE BIT HIM ON THE NOSE! AND YOU CALL THAT CUTE! MONSTER! MONSTER, I SAY!
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

PreviousNext

Return to Movie Discussion