GHOSTBUSTERS! 3! GBs in 3D???

New movies! Old movies! B-movies! Discuss discuss discuss!!!

Postby TheButcher on Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:47 pm

Are the Ghostbusters back?

Late breaking news from the floor of WonderCon in San Francisco. The convention program features an interesting tease that features the classic Ghostbusters logo and something exciting is coming to the neighborhood!
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Bob Samonkey on Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:14 pm

Maybe it's an animated dtv movie: Ghostbusters Hell Bent. I know it's old news, but maybe it's finally in production.

source: slash film

Could it be the Ghostbusters 3 computer animated movie that has been in development for a few years now. Dan Aykroyd confirmed the development of an animated Ghostbusters 3 in an interview last year.

"I wrote a script called Hell Bent, Ghostbusters go to hell basically. The premise is that it's Manhellton. There's Manhattan and ManHELLton. And if you can build an inter-dimensional phase system so that you can go from one dimension to another. We've succeeded doing that and we go to the hell side.

Downtown, Folley Square - where the cops are, they're all blue minotaurs. Central Park is this huge deep mine, green demons there, surrounded by black onyx thousand foot high apartment buildings with classic red devils. Very wealthy. And we go visit a Donald Trump like character - Mr. Siffler. Lou Siffler, Lucifer. So I will say we meet the devil in it. It won't happen as a live action because Billy [Murray] won't come on to the live action but he will voice his part, as a CGI animated project. With CGI, and animation, the way these cartoons are done, we can do everything I wrote in that script for a lot less money.
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby TheButcher on Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:00 pm

From /film: Aykroyd on Ghostbusters 3
In a recent interview with EOnline, Dan Aykroyd was asked about the status of Ghostbusters 3. Aykroyd responded:

Well, y’know, two sharp young writers are purported to be writing the sequel, the third movie now. If I could interest Seth [Rogen] and Judd [Apatow] to be part of it, that would be an absolute dream.

Given Aykroyd’s relationship with the franchise, it’s nearly impossible that he wouldn’t know for certain exactly what is going on with the script, so it’s quite plausible that a script is currently in the works as he says. As for the involvement of Rogen and Apatow, capitalizing on the current popularity of the Apatow crew seems like it might be a good way to both placate longtime fans as to the quality of a new film, and also introduce the franchise to a new generation of viewers. Of course, all of this is the definition of “speculative,” but it feels like there might just be some truth to it.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: GHOSTBUSTERS! 3! GBs in HELL!

Postby TheButcher on Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:08 pm

From the AICN article:
NBC’s OFFICE Writers Are Scripting GHOSTBUSTERS III!! and Variety article:
Columbia calls up new 'Ghostbusters'
Columbia Pictures is getting serious about scaring up a new installment of its blockbuster "Ghostbusters" franchise.
The studio has set "The Office" co-exec producers Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky to write a script for a film designed to bring back together the original cast of Harold Ramis, Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd and Ernie Hudson.

Studio would not comment on the development and has been mum on recent rumors that there was interest in making another installment of the franchise.

The scribes just wrote "Year One," a comedy that was directed by Ramis. Ramis with Aykroyd wrote the first two installments of the films. Ivan Reitman directed both the 1984 original and the sequel that was released in 1989. The close proximity between the writers and original Ghostbuster Ramis is evidence that the ghost chasers have sparked to the idea of returning.

"Ghostbusters" was Columbia's highest grossing film ever, until it was beaten by "Men in Black" and then "Spider-Man." An attempt to make a third installment of the franchise was stymied in the dealmaking stage. Sources said so much gross was pledged to the participants that it was next to impossible for the studio to make any money on a third installment.

No deals will be made with the original cast until the script is ready, but the gross percentage will certainly be an issue. Sony has a standing policy not to allow more than 25% of first dollar gross out the door.

The scribes, who are Emmy- nominated for their work on "The Office," just set up another picture at Columbia, selling their spec script "Bad Teacher" to the studio for Jimmy Miller to produce.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:29 pm

That's a big Twinkie.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby bastard_robo on Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:09 pm

Tyrone_Shoelaces wrote:That's a big Twinkie.

Did you tell him about the twinkie?
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Chairman Kaga on Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:09 am

bastard_robo wrote:
Tyrone_Shoelaces wrote:That's a big Twinkie.

Did you tell him about the twinkie?

What about the Twinkie?
Go fuck yourself.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Peven on Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:31 am

Burl says that is an old nickname and no one here is supposed to refer to him by it anymore

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby BuckyO'harre on Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:09 am

This is good news and all, but I won't really be excited until the cast(specifically Murray) officially signs.

Peven wrote:Burl says that is an old nickname and no one here is supposed to refer to him by it anymore

Harry "Colonel Potter" Morgan gave him that nickname.
Thank you, Zoners, for the kindness, tolerance, and enlightenment you've shared with me. It may not have been deserved, but it was greatly appreciated nonetheless. Soupy twist.
BuckyO'harre
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Raziel on Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:25 pm

Yeah, the film is a no-go without Murray.
Raziel
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby TheButcher on Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:50 pm

'Busters not afraid of sequel
—Mark Caro
September 6, 2008
Chicagoan Harold Ramis told the Tribune on Friday that a third "Ghostbusters" movie is finally in the works.

Columbia Pictures has hired Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky, Ramis' writing partners on his upcoming comedy "Year One," to supply the script. Judd Apatow and his stable of actors (Seth Rogen? James Franco?) may be involved, along with originals: Ramis, Dan Aykroyd, Ernie Hudson and perhaps even Bill Murray, long thought to be a hold-out.

"According to Dan, Bill Murray is willing to be involved on some level," Ramis wrote in an e-mail. "He did record his dialogue for the new Ghostbusters video game, as did Danny and I and Ernie Hudson.

"The concept is that the old Ghostbusters would appear in the film in some mentor capacity. Not much else to say at this point. Everyone is confident a decent script can be written, and I guess we'll take it from there."

source: Chicago Tribune
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:23 pm

I just hope that they keep with the original concept of Ghostbusters being a riff off the "Abbot & Costello Versus some supernatural entity" type movies. The movie would lose its charm if it is denigrated to fit in with the current Apatow, stoner, comedy mold.
Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood

Postby fda09 on Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:26 am

Hey people,

I've started hearing rumours of a spec script being written by two unknown writers for the upcoming GB3 movie and was wondering if anyone else had heard anything? I know in principle the writers of the American Office (Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky) have been assigned this task, however, it has been "suggested" that these two unknown writers are in the running. I know it's early days yet but would anybody like to shed some light on this?

Thanks
(Ezekule Entertainment- Believe)
fda09
GLIB

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:16 pm

fda09 wrote:Hey people,

I've started hearing rumours of a spec script being written by two unknown writers for the upcoming GB3 movie and was wondering if anyone else had heard anything? I know in principle the writers of the American Office (Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky) have been assigned this task, however, it has been "suggested" that these two unknown writers are in the running. I know it's early days yet but would anybody like to shed some light on this?

Thanks

All I've read is that Eisenberg and Stupnitsky are writing (possibly with Ramis) and that Apatow is a co-exec. I haven't heard anything about any unknowns...but it's not like I have insider info or anything.

Do you have a source you could link to?

edit: GAH! And shrink your av please. The max size allowed is 160x200
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby fda09 on Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:49 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:
fda09 wrote:Hey people,

Thanks

All I've read is that Eisenberg and Stupnitsky are writing (possibly with Ramis) and that Apatow is a co-exec. I haven't heard anything about any unknowns...but it's not like I have insider info or anything.

Do you have a source you could link to?

edit: GAH! And shrink your av please. The max size allowed is 160x200

The information coming through is very, VERY vague at present. All that's been suggested is that there are two unknown writers in the running beside Eisenberg and Stupnitsky. I wanted to know if anybody had heard anything or could even give a a small hint as to who they could be??

Like with all hugely anticipated movies, (especially one as big and as long awaited as the ghostbusters) rumours due tend to pop up like wildfire. However I will say this, my source has been very reliable upto now but (to my frustration) is staying very tight lipped!!

P.S sorry about the av, have now re-sized!
fda09
GLIB

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:17 pm

well let us know if you hear anything else (if your source is cool with posting it on a board, of course).

And no worries about the av. Thanks for resizing.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby fda09 on Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:35 am

Lord Voldemoo wrote:well let us know if you hear anything else (if your source is cool with posting it on a board, of course).

And no worries about the av. Thanks for resizing.

After a little bit of in depth investigation, it has slowly come to light that the 'spec script' was being written when a new GB film seemed all but dead. Again, no mention of who the writers could be, only that the script is an original work with some elements surfacing in the next gen platform game. Interesting times! I will keep you guys informed if and when any further information is available.
fda09
GLIB

Postby TheButcher on Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:37 am

From AICN: Bill Murray commented on GHOSTBUSTERS 3 tonight at Fantastic Fest!
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/38496
Quint wrote:I'm sure at some point the video of this will come out, but the non-line for line version of the question was how would Murray feel about strapping on the proton pack and kicking some ghost ass again?

I was very curious to hear Murray's answer. He's not as available to the press or public as Dan Aykroyd or Harold Ramis and he also seemed to be the least enthusiastic about a Ghostbusters sequel...

But tonight he said that he knew "some writers from THE OFFICE" were taking a stab at the script right now (which we already knew) and that he thinks that's a good start. He paused for a few seconds then said that he thinks enough time has passed and that "the wounds from GHOSTBUSTERS 2 are healed" and that he would definitely be into doing another GHOSTBUSTERS movie, stating that the first 40 minutes of the original film is some of the best stuff he's been associated with and the whole shoot was an amazing amount of fun.

He also went on to say that his enthusiasm for Ghostbusters was heightened after recording the voice of Peter Venkman for the video game over the summer. In fact, he said he found himself walking down the street singing the Ghostbusters theme song and then thought people walking around him were going to start yelling at him to "get over yourself, Bill," so he stopped... But the enthusiasm was there.

How cool is that?!?!?
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby papalazeru on Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:42 am

That is very funny.

Singing your own theme song.

ISLIMERLASH
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby bastard_robo on Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:33 pm

Life is good....
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

GHOSTBUSTERS IN HELL!

Postby TheButcher on Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:34 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Bloo on Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:35 am

someone in the Alien talkback talked about how anytime Siggy's got a movie to promote, she hauls out Ripley, is GB the same way?

Actually she's right though about Oscar, he'd be the right age to be Venkeman's rebel kid, about 19, 20...Justin Long, or Jonah Hill or someone will end up playing him
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby TheButcher on Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:13 pm

Bloo wrote:someone in the Alien talkback talked about how anytime Siggy's got a movie to promote, she hauls out Ripley, is GB the same way?

Actually she's right though about Oscar, he'd be the right age to be Venkeman's rebel kid, about 19, 20...Justin Long, or Jonah Hill or someone will end up playing him
Shia LaBeouf :wink:
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby bastard_robo on Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:42 pm

TheButcher wrote:
Bloo wrote:someone in the Alien talkback talked about how anytime Siggy's got a movie to promote, she hauls out Ripley, is GB the same way?

Shia LaBeouf :wink:

Not Smarmy enough.....
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:04 pm

And he can't hold a proton pack with that busted up hand of hand of his.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fievel on Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:44 pm

If they are going to bring in "new" Ghostbusters, having Oscar be one makes complete sense.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Worst Part's Almost Over on Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:49 pm

Oscar wasn't Venkeman's son though
Worst Part's Almost Over
AIRWOLF

Postby Fievel on Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:52 pm

But he was a main character's son and would be around the right age to be a young, hip Ghostbuster.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Chairman Kaga on Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:18 pm

Fievel wrote:If they are going to bring in "new" Ghostbusters, having Oscar be one makes complete sense.

Why? Were the original's parents all Ghostbusters?
Go fuck yourself.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Bloo on Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:08 pm

Worst Part's Almost Over wrote:Oscar wasn't Venkeman's son though

screw continuity

actually if Dana and Venkeman got married, he could have adopted him and thus giving an Oscar a reason to be pissed a Venkeman
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby TheButcher on Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:19 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Nachokoolaid on Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:02 pm

Is it the Ghostbusters in Hell idea?

Actually, I don't really care. Give me more Ghostbustin'!!!
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby papalazeru on Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:18 pm

Nachokoolaid wrote:Is it the Ghostbusters in Hell idea?

Seconded.

I also want Slimer in it as a friend :D I loved that in 'the real ghostbusters'
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby Bloo on Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:46 pm

papalazeru wrote:
Nachokoolaid wrote:Is it the Ghostbusters in Hell idea?

Seconded.

I also want Slimer in it as a friend :D I loved that in 'the real ghostbusters'

seconded on the Slimer suggestion, and that's really the slimer that is embedded in a lot of people's minds espically b/c of the cartoon
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:30 pm

This would be awesome. I hope they get Ernie Hudson back. I'm sure he'll work for cheap.
Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood

Postby YualBrenna on Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:01 pm

I would be excited for this, but I know it will end up being a bigger piece of crap than Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
YualBrenna
GLIB

Postby Nachokoolaid on Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:35 pm

I wouldn't say that. I think Murray is sort of due for a good comedy since he's been dabbling in serious stuff for over a decade, for the most part.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

GHOSTBUSTERS! REBOOT!?! WTF?

Postby TheButcher on Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:34 pm

From MTV: Original 'Ghostbusters' Cast Onboard For Reboot, Harold Ramis Says

Eric Ditzian wrote:Two movie trends have converged and brought us a project that had been rumored for years that almost no one thought would actually happen.

Right now, remaking '80s comedies is hot ("Arthur" and "Beverly Hills Cop") and anything supernatural is really hot ("Twilight" and, uh, "Twilight"). To capitalize on these trends — or maybe just because it's not fair to deny longtime fans any longer — Columbia Pictures announced that a third "Ghostbusters" movie is in the works, two decades after the last one came out.

Earlier this week, Harold Ramis stopped by MTV News to chat about his new Jack Black comedy "The Year One" (in theaters June 19). But we also asked Ramis — who co-wrote the first two "Ghostbusters" movies and, of course, starred in them as uptight-but-lovable Dr. Egon Spengler — to dish details on the upcoming reboot.

Ramis promised that all the old core players will take part in the updated version, including Bill Murray (Dr. Peter Venkman) and Dan Aykroyd (Dr. Raymond Stantz), who co-wrote the original films. "We're all going to be in it in different kinds of roles," Ramis said. "We're going to be the sage mentors. There are going to be young Ghostbusters."

As of now, no decisions have been made about just who those new Ghostbusters will be. But with Judd Apatow signed on as a producer, the Internet has been buzzing with gossip that comedians from his cinematic universe, such as Paul Rudd and Seth Rogen, will join in.

At the moment, Ramis is waiting on a first draft of the script, which is being penned by Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky, two writer/producers on "The Office," who also wrote "Year One." "Gene and Lee, both of whom I mentored, are now writing the new 'Ghostbusters,' " Ramis said. "I'm consulting with them, as is Dan Aykroyd and [original director] Ivan Reitman.

"Bill Murray is just waiting for the truckload of money to arrive to get him out of his office," Ramis joked.

After taking a jab at his old friend, Ramis assured us that Murray is definitely "in," even though the two haven't communicated directly about the project. "I haven't talked to him about it," Ramis said. "I want to talk to him about it eventually. I think we just need a script, because he's the thorniest of the group."

Another open question is who will take over directing duties, since neither Ramis nor Reitman is planning on helming the picture. "I'm sure we're all hoping someone else will do it," the 64-year-old Ramis said. "It's a lot of work!"

While we await casting and directing news, Ramis was able to shoot down gossip about certain stars once thought to be attached to a third "Ghostbusters." "Here's how old the rumors are," Ramis said. "Chris Farley was one of the rumors. It was going to be Chris Farley, Ben Stiller and Chris Rock."

Whichever actors end up portraying the fresh crew of wisecracking ghost fighters will be in for a challenge. "Someone asked Seth [Rogen], and he said, 'What?' " Ramis recalled. "He said, 'That'd have to be one great f---ing script for anyone to touch that.' He's right about that."
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:43 pm

If they get SETH Rogen IN I WILL KILL THEM! So far, sounds like a great idea spoiled by to many cooks in the broth. It's a handful already with 4 Ghostbusters plus the supporting cast lead by Weaver already. But now we got what, another 3 or 4 Ghostbusters to juggle? Plus I don't see the point. Have a good time trying to keep yourself sticking out from this lot, Bill.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:21 pm

Hmmm, maybe Egon and Peter would retire the Ghostbusting gig, but I always had the impression that Ray would be busting ghosts until the end of his days.
Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood

Postby Bloo on Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:56 pm

Rudd I think would be great in the "Egon" role...Rogan COULD pull off a "Ray" style

That said I'm getting kind of sick of seeing the same 8 guys in every Aptow movie...and I like Rogan

and don't let Rogan fool you, he could say "it'd have to be on f'n great script" but if they manage to get all 4 originals back and they came knocking on his door he would do it in heartbeat without seeing the script because it's the chance to work with Murry, Ramis, Ankryod, etc

IF I was writing this here's what I'd do

opening similar to GB2 but everyone is in a "happier" place, Ghostbusters is a multinational, multimillion dollar corporation. Egon in the lab, Ray still busting once in awhile, Venkeman married to Dana happy as can be, you get the picture

go with the Ghostbusters in Hell idea, wit the city being overrun, turning into hell and they have to call in the best of the best, maybe sparked by Venkeman's death and subsequent ghostly apperance

that's where you bring in Rogan, Rudd, John C Rielly, Segal, etc
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby tapehead on Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:16 pm

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:If they get SETH Rogen IN I WILL KILL THEM! So far, sounds like a great idea spoiled by to many cooks in the broth. It's a handful already with 4 Ghostbusters plus the supporting cast lead by Weaver already. But now we got what, another 3 or 4 Ghostbusters to juggle? Plus I don't see the point. Have a good time trying to keep yourself sticking out from this lot, Bill.

I think they're probably aiming to interest people under the age of 25 with some proven and current box office draw - the good Ghostbusters movie came out way back in '84 (I understand it was also one of the biggest home video releases of it's time). Seems to me Rogen (or even Apatow's crew generally) would be pretty simpatico to Reitman's schools of comedy... or is this some irrational hatred of ensemble casts? studly guys? perceived threats to Bill Murray?
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby bastard_robo on Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:35 pm

Bloo wrote:Rudd I think would be great in the "Egon" role...Rogan COULD pull off a "Ray" style

That said I'm getting kind of sick of seeing the same 8 guys in every Aptow movie...and I like Rogan

and don't let Rogan fool you, he could say "it'd have to be on f'n great script" but if they manage to get all 4 originals back and they came knocking on his door he would do it in heartbeat without seeing the script because it's the chance to work with Murry, Ramis, Ankryod, etc

IF I was writing this here's what I'd do

opening similar to GB2 but everyone is in a "happier" place, Ghostbusters is a multinational, multimillion dollar corporation. Egon in the lab, Ray still busting once in awhile, Venkeman married to Dana happy as can be, you get the picture

go with the Ghostbusters in Hell idea, wit the city being overrun, turning into hell and they have to call in the best of the best, maybe sparked by Venkeman's death and subsequent ghostly apperance

that's where you bring in Rogan, Rudd, John C Rielly, Segal, etc

If the film gose this route (which it was back before Akryod had a falling out with Sony, i believe that the young group was going to be Farley, Stiller, and Chris Rock...) I would definitely see this.. I think I was one of the few that enjoyed EXTREME GHOSTBUSTERS, a show that ran with this concept, though the choice of characters was very.. MEH..
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Bloo on Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:41 pm

tapehead wrote:
Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:If they get SETH Rogen IN I WILL KILL THEM! So far, sounds like a great idea spoiled by to many cooks in the broth. It's a handful already with 4 Ghostbusters plus the supporting cast lead by Weaver already. But now we got what, another 3 or 4 Ghostbusters to juggle? Plus I don't see the point. Have a good time trying to keep yourself sticking out from this lot, Bill.

I think they're probably aiming to interest people under the age of 25 with some proven and current box office draw - the good Ghostbusters movie came out way back in '84 (I understand it was also one of the biggest home video releases of it's time). Seems to me Rogen (or even Apatow's crew generally) would be pretty simpatico to Reitman's schools of comedy... or is this some irrational hatred of ensemble casts? studly guys? perceived threats to Bill Murray?

well it seems like a good fit to me as Ramis was in the Aptow's WALK HARD and isn't his own YEAR ONE Aptow produced? going with that association alone, I can see WHY they went with Aptow as a producer and are talking his "company" (if you will) in talks

for some strange reason when I was typing about Aptow's Company I got an image of William H Macy in a Ghostbuster's type uniform (probably because of his assocation with Mamet and his company) which I think would be surrel, can you imagine WHM in a Ghostbuster's movie?
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby BuckyO'harre on Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:59 am

The Keymaster is back,BITCHES!

Entertainment Weekly have reported that comic icon Rick Moranis, someone most of us thought we'd never see on the big screen again, will be joining the return of the original cast in the upcoming Ghostbusters movie.
It's been some time since Moranis has been seen on the big screen with past 'gems' like Ron Howard's Parenthood, Honey, I Shrunk the Kids, and Mel Brooks' Spaceballs, played party-boy Louis Tully in both Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II.

Ghostbusters 3 wont start filming until sometime next year, so don't expect to see Moranis on the big screen anytime soon yet; they still have to decide whose going to be playing the new 'recruits'.
Thank you, Zoners, for the kindness, tolerance, and enlightenment you've shared with me. It may not have been deserved, but it was greatly appreciated nonetheless. Soupy twist.
BuckyO'harre
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Nachokoolaid on Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:24 pm

I think that's awesome news.  I honestly thought that would be one person they'd never get.  Not that he's in high demand or anything, but I thought he'd be content staying retired.  Another good sign for the development of this film.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby RogueScribner on Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:19 pm

Suddenly Seymour is returning to the big screen!

Man, is this movie really happening? I can't believe it!

Will Goonies 2 be far behind? :-P
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:25 am

I hope Annie Potts returns as Janine.
Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood

Postby Bloo on Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:33 am

wow...Moranis

on the main page article on this they are saying that the "In Hell" part of the story WON'T be or isn't in the latest draft of the script
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Re:

Postby bastard_robo on Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:54 am

Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:You guys made me watch the 1st one again. I am watching it right now.

"It's right here Ray, it's looking at me"
"I think it can hear you Ray..."

We came, we saw, we kicked its ass!
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

PreviousNext

Return to Movie Discussion