GHOSTBUSTERS! 3! GBs in 3D???

New movies! Old movies! B-movies! Discuss discuss discuss!!!

Postby Chairman Kaga on Wed May 17, 2006 8:37 pm

"Don't move...It won't hurt you"
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby sleepflower on Wed May 17, 2006 10:46 pm

Surely if all the originals were in it, a coming out of retirement movie wouldn't be such a bad idea would it?
The Noblest Pleasure is The Joy of Understanding
sleepflower
AIRWOLF

Postby Nachokoolaid on Thu May 18, 2006 12:15 am

sleepflower wrote:Surely if all the originals were in it, a coming out of retirement movie wouldn't be such a bad idea would it?

Such a bad idea? That would kick ass.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Conroy420 on Thu May 18, 2006 12:19 am

there is a huge audeince for this. If the original cast members don't want a part of it, especially murry, than go with a new cast, new generation BUT only if they have new comic talent equal to the original members.

I liked the suggestions of Carrel and Ferrel, who else to round out the team? Bob Saget? Chris Rock? Dane Cook?
To read some original works by me, please ask, I need the feedback!
Conroy420
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby RogueScribner on Thu May 18, 2006 12:48 am

You need a black guy. I suggest Dave Chappelle. Maybe Donald Faison. Never Chris Rock.
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Chairman Kaga on Thu May 18, 2006 2:42 am

Conroy420 wrote:there is a huge audeince for this. If the original cast members don't want a part of it, especially murry, than go with a new cast, new generation BUT only if they have new comic talent equal to the original members.

I liked the suggestions of Carrel and Ferrel, who else to round out the team? Bob Saget? Chris Rock? Dane Cook?

If you are going to change the cast I also suggest changing the city....Perhaps to L.A...
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby RogueScribner on Thu May 18, 2006 3:06 am

Ghostbusters in L.A.? Meh. How about San Francisco if you want to travel to California. Or better yet, Miami? South Beach and slime! How can you go wrong? You can even have Cuban ghouls and Puerto Rican poltergiests!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Chairman Kaga on Thu May 18, 2006 3:18 am

RogueScribner wrote:Ghostbusters in L.A.? Meh. How about San Francisco if you want to travel to California. Or better yet, Miami? South Beach and slime! How can you go wrong? You can even have Cuban ghouls and Puerto Rican poltergiests!

San Francisco is actually a much better suggestion. Lot of history there what with the massive earthquake of 1906....How about the fact that they moved over 75,000 graves in the early 20th Century to reclaim the land from cemeteries for real estate? That could make for a nice plot device. In fact I am really digging this suggestion Rogue...after all "The franchise rights alone would make (them) rich beyond (their) wildest dreams." Maybe the new Ghostbusters have to hit Colma (the cemetery city south of San Fran) or perhaps the earthquake was the result of some paranormal event 100 years ago that re-manifests or was hibernating...

You have sent my mind into a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

No matter what though if the story would focus on all new Ghostbusters I think a change of setting would be needed.....The original group is too synonymous with NY which I think would overshadow a new group in comparisson.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Thu May 18, 2006 3:24 am

Do you guys actually read threads? Scroll up cos I already made that suggestion, douches!
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Chairman Kaga on Thu May 18, 2006 3:27 am

AtomicHyperbole wrote:Do you guys actually read threads? Scroll up cos I already made that suggestion, douches!

Sorry missed it somehow earlier. I think it is a good idea none the less.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Leckomaniac on Thu May 18, 2006 3:28 am

AtomicHyperbole wrote:Do you guys actually read threads? Scroll up cos I already made that suggestion, douches!

You would be wise not to piss off AH. You saw what he did to Ribbons!

Now read his posts...in fact...MEMORIZE his posts. :wink:
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Thu May 18, 2006 3:33 am

I'm notorious, me. *snikt*

May I suggest using The Castro or Tenderloin as biiig locations?
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Leckomaniac on Thu May 18, 2006 3:38 am

AtomicHyperbole wrote:I'm notorious, me. *snikt*

May I suggest using The Castro or Tenderloin as biiig locations?

If we're going for San Fran as the new location...how cool would it be to have a whole host of ghosts come from Alcatraz. Some real mean ghosts too!

There are a lot of interesting possibilities.

Or how about New Orleans...the ghost of pissed off hurricane victims come back to go after FEMA...they are finally stopped with the Statue of Liberty playing loud jazz music.

...what too soon?
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Chairman Kaga on Thu May 18, 2006 3:39 am

Ahhh I forgot about Alcatraz.....Perhaps that could double as sometype of regional hell for ghosts...
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby RogueScribner on Thu May 18, 2006 3:41 am

Well, I can't speak for Kaga, but, um, no. I tend to just randomly reply to the words I happen to catch as my eyes slide across the screen in a fit of chronic disinterest in life, the universe, and everything.

Yeah, I am so lonely.

:shock:

Scratch all that. I'm great!

And, um, yeah, I guess I missed you mentioning San Fran. :)
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Leckomaniac on Thu May 18, 2006 3:41 am

It makes sense...all the negative energy that must be stored up there...it would be a natural draw for ghosts.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Chairman Kaga on Thu May 18, 2006 3:42 am

Well atleast we all agree that would be a great setting. Knowing Akroyd though if they did move it it would be Chicago.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Leckomaniac on Thu May 18, 2006 3:46 am

Chairman Kaga wrote:Well atleast we all agree that would be a great setting. Knowing Akroyd though if they did move it it would be Chicago.

HELL YEAH!! CHICAGO! I see Harold Ramis here all the time. I sat next to him at the last Bulls playoff game. I was going to bug him but he appeared to be with his family and I didn't want to be a dick.

There is the whole Capone thing. That could make for some great ghost stuff. Not to mention the great Chicago fire. There would definitely be some interesting ways to handle the story in Chicago or San Fran.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Chairman Kaga on Thu May 18, 2006 3:50 am

They decide to take a tour of the ghosts of wine country...
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Chairman Kaga on Thu May 18, 2006 3:51 am

I say we collaborate on a script and get Lecko to throw it at Akroyd or Ramis next time he sees them.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby RogueScribner on Thu May 18, 2006 3:52 am

How about a small town Ghostbusters? We've seen big city. What if the franchise is so big now that smaller markets are getting into the game? Hell, maybe the guys running it are really scamming people at first, but then it turns out that there's a real threat and the town depends on them to vanquish it? That could be interesting.
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Leckomaniac on Thu May 18, 2006 3:54 am

AtomicHyperbole wrote:What's great about San Fran? Near permanent fog!

Agreed on Alcatraz, although I'd be nervous for a repeat of Ghostbusters 2's electrified muppets making a reappearence. The only reason I brought up Asian ghosts is Chinatown, maybe an Asian demon of some kind which resurrects the dead there. If you read up on Asian folklore, you'd know their demons and ghosts are scary as hell - plus their appearence would allow for some interesting design work.

May I suggest what I said at the beginning... that the new Ghostbusters are responsible for it. The demon could start as a lesser ghost, but they screw their first bust up and somehow a demon rises up and clings to its soul to escape from its own dimension? Then bring in Ramis and Akroyd, "holidaying" in California, to help them out?

Of course, when I say "holidaying" I mean studying country ghosts in the wintery Sierra... which could be a nice piece of misdirection.

Those are some great ideas AH. A story like that could tie up the previous two movies nicely and bring the franchise forward as well. Lets hope someone who makes the decisions is reading this.

They should just stop hiring screenwriters...round up a bunch of Zoners...put them in a room...and let them hammer out some ideas for new movies. I bet our movie ideas are ten times better than anything those clowns are going to come up with.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Thu May 18, 2006 3:57 am

What's great about San Fran? Near permanent fog!

Agreed on Alcatraz, although I'd be nervous for a repeat of Ghostbusters 2's electrified muppets making a reappearence. The only reason I brought up Asian ghosts is Chinatown, maybe an Asian demon of some kind which resurrects the dead there. If you read up on Asian folklore, you'd know their demons and ghosts are scary as hell - plus their appearence would allow for some interesting design work.

May I suggest what I said at the beginning... that the new Ghostbusters are responsible for it. The demon could start as a lesser ghost, but they screw their first bust up and somehow a demon rises up and clings to its soul to escape from its own dimension? Then bring in Ramis and Akroyd, "holidaying" in California, to help them out?

Of course, when I say "holidaying" I mean studying country ghosts in the wintery Sierra... which could be a nice piece of misdirection.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Thu May 18, 2006 4:00 am

Leckomaniac wrote:
Chairman Kaga wrote:Well atleast we all agree that would be a great setting. Knowing Akroyd though if they did move it it would be Chicago.

HELL YEAH!! CHICAGO! I see Harold Ramis here all the time. I sat next to him at the last Bulls playoff game. I was going to bug him but he appeared to be with his family and I didn't want to be a dick.

There is the whole Capone thing. That could make for some great ghost stuff. Not to mention the great Chicago fire. There would definitely be some interesting ways to handle the story in Chicago or San Fran.

You see, I like the fact the main ghosts aren't a recognisable threat or source... if they were to do this then they'd lose that if it was just the ghost of Capone running amok. My only worry is that fire's just been done in Silent Hill, but other than that, burning/burnt ghosts could be pretty freaky!
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Thu May 18, 2006 4:12 am

Leckomaniac wrote:Those are some great ideas AH. A story like that could tie up the previous two movies nicely and bring the franchise forward as well. Lets hope someone who makes the decisions is reading this.

They should just stop hiring screenwriters...round up a bunch of Zoners...put them in a room...and let them hammer out some ideas for new movies. I bet our movie ideas are ten times better than anything those clowns are going to come up with.

Too right. Hey, I don't want to sound arrogant, but I am, so there.

Small town Ghostbusters could make for a good series...
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby HeadlessCrane on Thu May 18, 2006 7:52 am

Forget the SNL guys. Give me the 40 Year Old Virgin Team

HeadlessCrane
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Thu May 18, 2006 8:09 am

Carrell would have to be involved, lead the film, I reckon.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby havocSchultz on Thu May 18, 2006 8:30 am

Leckomaniac wrote:

whoa whoa whoa... wait... the bulls made the playoffs recently...

:? :wink:
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby RockyDennis on Thu May 18, 2006 12:40 pm

The Ghostbusters belong in New York. The two go hand in hand. I don't want to see the movie set anyplace else.
RockyDennis
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby Chairman Kaga on Thu May 18, 2006 1:05 pm

Lies!
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby RogueScribner on Thu May 18, 2006 6:53 pm

RockyDennis wrote:The Ghostbusters belong in New York. The two go hand in hand. I don't want to see the movie set anyplace else.

The Ghostbusters we knew belong in New York, but we're not talking about them. We're talking about NEW Ghostbusters! And they definitely belong in Chattanooga.
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Thu May 18, 2006 11:46 pm

I swear I had this conversation before. Oh yeah.
http://zone.aintitcool.com/viewtopic.php?p=74095&highlight=#74095

Retardo_Montalban wrote:Back about 5 years ago, me and a friend wrote a script for Ghostbusters 3 in Mexico. It was called Ghostbusters 3: The return of Ghostula. It featured Tom Waits as Ghostula and took place in the sewers. I can't remember much past that.

The point is that it would be a musical. Also in my version Peter is dead and a ghost himself.
Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood

Postby zombieslayer on Fri May 19, 2006 4:40 am

Tyrone_Shoelaces wrote:"Yes, have some."

That's become a standard answer amongst me and my friends.

You are not alone. For years, that was my answer whenever someone offered something, especially food or drink.
zombieslayer
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby Roybertito on Sun May 21, 2006 2:50 am

"Ben Stiller should star in every movie. EVER."

-Maddox

-end blatant quote-

But seriously, this is a bad idea.
-Roy, Animation Addict

"Is it fear or courage that compels you, boy?" - Megatron, TRANSFORMERS (2007)

Roybertito
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby papalazeru on Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:05 am

I don't know what to make of this.

Either way, its all bad. Have a look for yourself, they have the trailer for "Return of the Ghostbusters"

Imdb has no knowledge of this film so Im hoping its an elaborate hoax.

Have a look for yourselves....

http://www.braxtanfilm.com/ghostbusters.html

I didnt find the imdb but I did find this,

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0439576/
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby buster00 on Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:12 am

It's a competent bit of ametuer filmmaking...that's about the nicest thing I have to say about it.

Friends of yours or something, papa?
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby unikrunk on Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:19 am

If it ain't got Annie Potts, it ain't a GB flick. Her work really grounded the films, and allowed for a complete suspension of disbelief.

/Same as Designing Women. God, I miss hating that show.
He can't' love you back...
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tapehead on Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:21 am

I don't get it: it's a fan movie, there are heaps of these things out there for Star Wars, Trek, Indy and others. You're never gonna buy a ticket to go see it, might never play in a theatre.

I kinda think 'Freddie Vs The Ghostbusters' looks like it might have been fun
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby papalazeru on Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:25 am

buster00 wrote:It's a competent bit of ametuer filmmaking...that's about the nicest thing I have to say about it.

Friends of yours or something, papa?

No friend of mine is working on this film.

and Tapehead,

I've never come across such an elaborate fan film dude. It annoys me because I always wanted to see a REAL Ghostbusters 3 film with the old crew back.

Its not fair, my hopes dashed to the curb. If the fan films are being made then there is no hope for a third.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby tapehead on Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:42 am

Cool, but this is not a hoax and it's not Ghostbusters 3, so Your thread title is either intentionally misleading, or you just didn't read the page before you posted it.
I'd love to See another ghostbusters - Can't see Bill Murray doing it, at least not like the same crew in the previous films. However I don't see why your contention that 'If the fan films are being made then there is no hope for a third', as my experience is that these non-profit projects are essentially love letters to these films, and evidence of a widespread, loyal fanbase.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby John-Locke on Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:44 am

papalazeru wrote:I don't know what to make of this.

Either way, its all bad. Have a look for yourself, they have the trailer for "Return of the Ghostbusters"

Imdb has no knowledge of this film so Im hoping its an elaborate hoax.

Have a look for yourselves....

http://www.braxtanfilm.com/ghostbusters.html

I didnt find the imdb but I did find this,

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0439576/

PLANT
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Fried Gold on Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:25 am

It's great that they got James Earl Jones to do the voice-over...

tapehead wrote:I'd love to See another ghostbusters - Can't see Bill Murray doing it, at least not like the same crew in the previous films.

Bill Murray did Garfield 2.

He'll do anything.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:35 am

Fried Gold wrote:It's great that they got James Earl Jones to do the voice-over...

tapehead wrote:I'd love to See another ghostbusters - Can't see Bill Murray doing it, at least not like the same crew in the previous films.

He'll do anything.

No shit, and that movie sucked. Bill Murray is a financially secure with corporate-sponsored opinions. I have no idea why he hates Ghostbusters so much. Everything I read about him in relation to these movies is full of venom. Maybe a ghost killed Bill Murray's dad and the movies bring back traumatic memories.
Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood

Postby buster00 on Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:54 pm

Retardo_Montalban wrote:
Fried Gold wrote:It's great that they got James Earl Jones to do the voice-over...

He'll do anything.

No shit, and that movie sucked. Bill Murray is a financially secure with corporate sponsored opinions. I have no idea why he hates Ghostbusters so much. Everything I read about him in relation to these movies is full of venom. Maybe a ghost killed Bill Murray's dad and the movies bring back traumatic memories.

Maybe he's just pissed off because the Dr. Venkman role was, in fact, written for John Belushi. Maybe he felt like an afterthought or an also-ran in the production.
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Bob Samonkey on Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:09 pm

The amulet in the trailer looks alot like the Indiana Jones one.

That is all.

Except....Blech
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby MonsieurReynard on Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:11 am

Ghostbusters 2 was hardly a fine moment in cinema.

If a sequel were made today, it would probably be like a horror/comedy version of Blues Brothers 2000.
Reynard City is back! Find out what the heck is going on at http://www.ecswebdesign.co.uk/wip/reynardcity/

*Free copy of Issue 1 *Reynard City Stories *An Audience With AK Girl and more...
MonsieurReynard
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:12 am

Wow, looks like they really got their ambition on and went all out. I saw Freddy Vs. Ghostbusters and vaguely remember it. I'll probably check this out whenever they finish it.

I'm about 99.5% sure the amulet in question IS the headpiece of The Staff of Ra.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Chairman Kaga on Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:26 am

papalazeru wrote:Its not fair, my hopes dashed to the curb. If the fan films are being made then there is no hope for a third.

By that logic because things like Troops were made the prequel Trilogy would not have happened which is obviously false.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby zombieslayer on Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:46 am

unikrunk wrote:If it ain't got Annie Potts, it ain't a GB flick. Her work really grounded the films, and allowed for a complete suspension of disbelief.

/Same as Designing Women. God, I miss hating that show.

and she was hot in Who's Harry Crumb.
Freddy VS Ghostbusters had a few clever jokes and a few good ideas, but it was pretty amateur... I remember seeing it on force.net
zombieslayer
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby thomasgaffney on Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:07 am

tapehead wrote:How 'bout we move this to the games thread? - it used to be about the proposed Ghostbusters Movie sequel, but know it's not gonna be a movie, it's gonna be a game (word to the wise on that one, eh?) - it's like we're living in some crazy cyber future...

Just an idea, of course.

Game posts have been split off and added to the GB game thread below.

If that's the case, then I'll lock this and direct everyone to the Ghostbusters Game Thread.

If a movie develops at a later date, this can be unlocked.
find me: twitter and goodreads
find my book: amazon
thomasgaffney
a might unpredictable

PreviousNext

Return to Movie Discussion