MAN OF STEEL

New movies! Old movies! B-movies! Discuss discuss discuss!!!

MAN OF STEEL

Postby Pops Freshenmeyer on Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:51 pm

Superman!!!
Last edited by Pops Freshenmeyer on Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Pops Freshenmeyer
REAL DRAGON

Postby Bob Samonkey on Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:54 pm

As long as they ignore III, IV, and the Hulk everything will be ok....

Fo real tho, I think we are going to need a really bad Bad guy to get me really excited about this next one.
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby MasterWhedon on Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:02 pm

Bryan Singer had this to say at Comic Con about the sequel, via ComingSoon:

ComingSoon.Net wrote:At the Warner Bros. panel at Comic-Con in San Diego today, director Bryan Singer said that he was in talks with the studio about a sequel to Superman Returns. He hadn't concluded a deal to do it yet, which he said is always "iffy," but he has every intention to do a sequel for 2009, and said that while Superman Returns reintroduced the character for new people, the next one will let him get all "Wrath of Khan on it." He added that you can expect an alien villain in the sequel.

He also joked that he has to see who's left in the cast if he ever were to return to the "X-Men" franchise. Ironically, right before being asked about it, he had been joined on the dias by original Superman director Richard Donner, whose wife Lauren Shuler Donner produced the first two "X-Men" movies.

An alien villain, eh?

I say top contenders are Brainiac, Zod and Darkseid. Brainiac gets my vote, could be a nice tie back to Kryptonian mythology or some such.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Pops Freshenmeyer on Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:10 pm

if Superman II is still part of the mythology, how Zod be the villian again? Bringing him back from the dead seems beneath the franchise. Only Superman coming back from the dead would work...maybe.

If they throw out the first two movies later on and give the franchise a new origin story, then maybe the Krypton continent floating around in space could be what releases Zod from the Phantom Zone.

Here's what I'd like to see. A 2nd and a 3rd film. Then the fourth film should be like Superman Begins, where they reinvent the origin for this franchise, and until then, Superman: The Movie and Superman II are temporary place holders.

This kind of happened with the Hannibal Lector franchsie.

Silence was a sequel to Manhunter. Then when Red Dragon was made, it totally erased the existance of Manhunter in that Lector universe. This is what should happen with this Superman franchise. Yeah.
Pops Freshenmeyer
REAL DRAGON

Postby raasnio on Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:41 pm

Alien villain? Now we're talking.

Still, I hope Singer aims higher with the sequel. An alien villain is just the kind of thing that will get me to the theater. :D
raasnio
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby inevitability on Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:28 pm

the next one will let him get all "Wrath of Khan on it."

Awesome!!! :shock: :D :o :lol: 8) :P

Cant wait @_@
inevitability
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby Shane on Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:15 pm

I want Braniac so badly. I see alot that can be done with it.

I want a Braniac Attack. Anything else and |I will be dissapointed.
Shane
AIRWOLF

Postby The Ginger Man on Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:12 am

Dude, if you thought Superman lifted some heavy stuff in Superman Returns...just wait until you see what he lifts in Superman Returns Again! This shit's gonna be really heavy!

J/K :-)
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby Chairman Kaga on Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:50 am

Well lets see.
A. An alien villian sounds great.
Contendors seem to be
Braniac (this seems like the best way to go)
Darkseid (I think this involves too much background to easily put on film unless everything about Apokolips & the New Gods etc is severely truncated)
Lobo (unlikely)
Zod or some other evil Kryptonian(s) (done before but allows for Kryptonian on Kryptonian action)
Mr Mxyzptlk (comedic and unlikely "magic" wouldn't seem to fit well within the film universe),
Doomsday (please no. I assume Singer wants a villian that can atleast speak and Doomsday's claim to fame is having punched Superman into a deep coma not all that thrilling considering Supe's recent coma action)
My off the wall suggestion Bizarro (a clone ala the Animated series rather than a duplicate created from a beam experiment accident. This would also allow for Kryptonian v Kryptonian type action without retreading over Donner ground work again)

B. The Kid becomes an obstacle of sorts for further stories. Please avoid the ever so played out cliche of the Son turned bad redeemed by the Father (or vice versa). I realize kids sometimes swing like a pendulum do away from their parent's ideals but c'mon. Not every villian needs to be intimately related to the hero. Also none of the hero's life long friends or family need turn into the villian.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby RogueScribner on Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:23 am

I agree with Kaga. Why turn Jason into a villain? Is that the only way people can stomach Superman having a kid is if he goes bad so Supes has to put the smackdown on him? Come on. The most I can see happening is Jason having to learn to deal with his powers and his future role in society, and maybe as a teenager he'd rebel a little, but that's a lot different from being an outright villain. There can be drama and heartache between Supes and his son without one of them going evil.
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby buster00 on Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:57 am

If they were able to put Digital Brando in Returns, I firmly believe they could put Digital Richard Pryor in another installment.

But I'd rather they don't. Brainiac.
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby dislexsickNik on Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:09 am

I say bring back Nuclear Man!!!

ok that wouldnt quite work but in all fairness Supes IV was a classic in cinematic crapness i love it.
dislexsickNik
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby Chairman Kaga on Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:39 pm

DVD info on the front page from Comic Con....
One word: DAMNIT
- They spent $10 million on the Return to Krypton sequence. Bryan ultimately felt it didn't feel like a part of the same movie, so he cut it. It WILL NOT be on the DVD. It may appear in a special theatrical release later, like a new IMAX release or something. He loves it, but feels it needs to be seen on the big screen.

This may never see the light of day.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby RogueScribner on Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:37 pm

WTF? Fine, don't edit it back into the movie, but why not as a deleted scene? THIS IS WHAT DVD WAS MADE FOR!!! GARGH!!!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Conroy420 on Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:02 pm

I think they should definitly make his son become a villain in third film. It just makes sense and would bring something fresh to the franchise. To the poster above who said this is cliche, I must disagree with you.

I can't recall any super hero films in which the main character has a son who than turns bad and they must battle it out. Or many films for that matter. In my opinion I think it would be excellent but I wouldn't have Jason taken under Luthor's wing, that'd just be shitty.

I assume the villain will be Brainiac. He has never been used before, how do you all think he will be presented in the film. More smallville type or classic wih the skull ship and all that, maybe something new.

Singer says he wants this to get very "Wrath of Khan". This might bug some of you but I've never seen this film, I do not enjoy Star Trek at all. So what does this mean? Similar to Empire Strikes Back? Very dark?
To read some original works by me, please ask, I need the feedback!
Conroy420
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby Chairman Kaga on Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:20 pm

I assume darker, more action, less build up as compared to the first.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby RogueScribner on Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:38 pm

I remember discussion swirling around the net when Unbreakable hit about how Bruce Willis' son was supposed to be or should be the villain in any sequels. And then we have Angel's son Connor (okay, not a superhero per se, but same idea) and I just think the idea has been done. I also don't get the jusitification for making Jason a villain. Just because it'd be "cool"? Wouldn't an actual father-son relationship between Superman and his son be worth exploring? Why do we need to divide them and have a smackdown in a future film? Just because it'd be "cool"? Whatever. I'm much more interested in Jason's journey into adulthood under the guidance of Superman than some stupid twist where he becomes a villain and daddy needs to put baby in the corner.
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Shane on Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:21 pm

Conroy420 wrote:I think they should definitly make his son become a villain in third film. It just makes sense and would bring something fresh to the franchise. To the poster above who said this is cliche, I must disagree with you.

I can't recall any super hero films in which the main character has a son who than turns bad and they must battle it out. Or many films for that matter. In my opinion I think it would be excellent but I wouldn't have Jason taken under Luthor's wing, that'd just be shitty.

I assume the villain will be Brainiac. He has never been used before, how do you all think he will be presented in the film. More smallville type or classic wih the skull ship and all that, maybe something new.

Singer says he wants this to get very "Wrath of Khan". This might bug some of you but I've never seen this film, I do not enjoy Star Trek at all. So what does this mean? Similar to Empire Strikes Back? Very dark?

I don't necessarily want to see the son be the villain.

Wrath of Khan was a much more fast paced action flick that followed up a slower longer, less sexciting Star Trek the motion picture.
Shane
AIRWOLF

Postby Fried Gold on Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:48 pm

I think the "Wrath of Khan" thing could be taken mean
-> the return of an old enemy wanting revenge [Zod or Luthor]

Although, in terms of the lead character having to deal with an ex-wife and the sudden realisation of being a father, Superman Returns is already a bit "Wrath of Khan".

Or it could just mean a more action driven, possibly darker, story.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby papalazeru on Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:02 pm

Lets bring Buu from Dragonball Z out of retirement.

Hes a hard nut villain who doesnt get his ass whooped easily.

So what if it crosses different universes and parallel dimensions...there just needs to be one line in that film that says,

"Thank god we invented the trans-parallel-universe teleported...or something"

I still say go with my original Idea....bring back NON.

He didnt really die, we didnt see him die so he could crawl out of the ice palace, get a job as a child carer and realise how good humanity is and save superman at the end of the film. Make non bad from the beginning but he turns good. Thats original isnt it, oh! its like....whats that film? The one with sabres made of light who has a bad guy dressed in black who ends up being good. Ummm......

Oh yeah. HA.RR.Y Potter.

and with Singer in charge, Superman really does have the Red badge of Gayness behind him.

P.S Tell Mr Singer Im charging for that one
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby Shane on Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:15 pm

I don't want to see someone else play ZOD. I hope it's not ZOD. Nothing can top Terrance Stamp, anything besides him would be a let down. I don't think that can be done. Please Braniac, Zod already had his time and he was great, don't ruin it.
Shane
AIRWOLF

Postby raasnio on Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:38 am

If Zod shows up I can guarantee that I won't watch the movie.
raasnio
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby RaulMonkey on Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:56 am

Was it complete rumour before when Jude Law was being talked about for Zod? For a while I thought he was going to be in SR--was this just a dream I had?
RaulMonkey
ZONE AMBASSADOR

Postby TheButcher on Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:31 am

I remember the Jude Law/Zod rumor too.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby havocSchultz on Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:39 am

RogueScribner wrote:I remember discussion swirling around the net when Unbreakable hit about how Bruce Willis' son was supposed to be or should be the villain in any sequels. And then we have Angel's son Connor (okay, not a superhero per se, but same idea) and I just think the idea has been done. I also don't get the jusitification for making Jason a villain. Just because it'd be "cool"? Wouldn't an actual father-son relationship between Superman and his son be worth exploring? Why do we need to divide them and have a smackdown in a future film? Just because it'd be "cool"? Whatever. I'm much more interested in Jason's journey into adulthood under the guidance of Superman than some stupid twist where he becomes a villain and daddy needs to put baby in the corner.

Like I originally mentioned in the Supes Review thread;

They should do it so that right near the end of the 3rd film - when Supes and Jason are about to square off - Supes can stare down his son and state:

Supes wrote:Who the fuck are you?!?!? you're not SUPERMAN!!!!!!!

And they should have Jason wear an old-school Goalie Mask as his "costume"
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby MasterWhedon on Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:49 pm

havocSchultz wrote:They should do it so that right near the end of the 3rd film - when Supes and Jason are about to square off - Supes can stare down his son and state:

I'd pay to see that movie.

And mark me down for a strong NO in the evil son debate. This next movie will include the following:

1) Superman watching Richard be the surrogate father.
2) Richard dying in a very heroic fashion.
3) Superman revealing himself as Clark to Lois.
4) Superman revealing himself as father to Jason.
5) Superman taking the Superfamily up for a flight.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:36 pm

Hopefully the son will be forgotten like Lex's explanation for knowing about Supes' hideout. Heheheh.

Sorry, a bit snide.

Seriously, they have to do SOMETHING interesting without turning it into a family saga. The kid's half human. Kill the fucker and set Supes off on a rampage... even better... have the surrogate dad kill the kid, accidently. Let's throw the comfort into turmoil.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Chairman Kaga on Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:39 pm

We need a poll in here.
Supes Son villian or not.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby raasnio on Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:28 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:
havocSchultz wrote:Th ey should do it so that right near the end of the 3rd film - when Supes and Jason are about to square off - Supes can stare down his son and state:

I'd pay to see that movie.

And mark me down for a strong NO in the evil son debate. This next movie will include the following:

1) Superman watching Richard be the surrogate father.
2) Richard dying in a very heroic fashion.
3) Superman revealing himself as Clark to Lois.
4) Superman revealing himself as father to Jason.
5) Superman taking the Superfamily up for a flight.

I've stated earlier that I believe Richard will die so we agree on that. I also agree that the other points of speculation you make are quite likely as well.

Though I hope, again, that we get a real villain next time. Hopefully not Zod. If Superman is so great than use a villain not seen on film yet.

As for his son turning evil, I hope to hell not. It's bad enough that he has a son, but to think he could be the antagonist down the road is just a bad idea. Then again he has a terrible mother.

Hell, maybe he's destined to be a baddie. :roll:
raasnio
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Pops Freshenmeyer on Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:55 pm

RogueScribner wrote:I remember discussion swirling around the net when Unbreakable hit about how Bruce Willis' son was supposed to be or should be the villain in any sequels. And then we have Angel's son Connor (okay, not a superhero per se, but same idea) and I just think the idea has been done. I also don't get the jusitification for making Jason a villain. Just because it'd be "cool"? Wouldn't an actual father-son relationship between Superman and his son be worth exploring? Why do we need to divide them and have a smackdown in a future film? Just because it'd be "cool"? Whatever. I'm much more interested in Jason's journey into adulthood under the guidance of Superman than some stupid twist where he becomes a villain and daddy needs to put baby in the corner.

Superman can't really be a father to Jason. Same reason he can't pursue Lois, because it'll put her in danger. The stakes are much higher with a kid.
Pops Freshenmeyer
REAL DRAGON

Postby Eric Lensherr/Magneto on Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:07 pm

Luthor should still have a significant role I feel. He has always been a constant in Superman's life, even going on to become President of the United States in the comics. As long as Kevin Spacey's brilliance of presence and grandeur is evident in the sequels, this will be a show well worth attending. He should always be in these stories as he is the ultimate human villain. Why I hear you ask? - He is the ultimate prejudiced homosapien.
Eric Lensherr/Magneto
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby Chairman Kaga on Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:14 pm

I think the best thing for Luthor in the films would be to turn him into the wealthy "legit" industrialist much like the animated series or Smallville etc. Imagine if Bizarro showed up and the US government started thinking Supes went rogue do you think they might enlst the help of the only man to almost kill Superman?
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TheButcher on Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:48 pm

Fried Gold wrote:I think the "Wrath of Khan" thing could be taken mean
-> the return of an old enemy wanting revenge [Zod or Luthor]

Although, in terms of the lead character having to deal with an ex-wife and the sudden realisation of being a father, Superman Returns is already a bit "Wrath of Khan".

Or it could just mean a more action driven, possibly darker, story.

Those are all good points. The first thing I thought of when I read Wrath Khan was General Zod and revenge.

A fan asked if we'd ever see Brainiac on the big screen. Singer said he didn't know, but did promise lots of "scary sci-fi shit" in the next film.
Source : CBR : http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=7918

I can see three villains that would qualify as scary and sci-fi.
Bizarro, Metallo and Brainiac.

I guess will just have to wait and see. The WB might not even bring Singer back for the sequel.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby inevitability on Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:49 pm

You know what I thought about the other day? What if superman goes rogue? Dont you think that the goverment has already somewhere 'kryptonized weapons'? You know, like in X-Men 3 with the cure for mutants, but special weapons to fight superman?

If anyone its to turn a villian it should be superman, imagine Superman vs. the world; tanks, jets, everything they have throwing it at him.... Of course, it would be completly out of character an unthinkable for a movie. So yeah.

Going back to "reality", someone mentioned the kid being killed and Superman going on a rampage, now we are talking, though I dont think they would bring the kid just to kill him in the next one (Unless they decide to let someone else direct this, hey, maybe that great director from X-Men 3)...

Then we would have Lois, Jason and Richard all death, Superman going mad and just turning friggin evil so they would have to use the Kryptonized weapons we talked before... Superman losing his powers but at the end of the movie we see Clark coming out of a bar drunk, and just when he trips and is about to hit his face on the ground... he finds himself floating... cut to black!
inevitability
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby silentbobafett on Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:43 am

From Press Association today (but some info is from Comic Con)

HEADLINE: Will Superman Return Again?

Director Bryan Singer has acknowledged that the less-than-stellar performance of Superman Returns has made prospects for another Man of Steel sequel a bit "iffy." The Associated Press quotes him as saying, "We haven't concluded a deal," but if a sequel gets a green light from Warner Bros, "the intention is to do it for [release in] 2009." Separately, Singer told Britain's Empire magazine, "Now that the character is established, I'd like to take the opportunity to bring in a more threatening element, a more terrible, foreboding element." Superman Returns, starring Kevin Spacey, Brandon Routh, and Kate Bosworth, has taken in $178 million at the domestic box office, below such other summer hits as The Da Vinci Code, X-Men: The Last Stand, Cars, and Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest.
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:14 am

Sheezh, I read this last night. I thought/think it's already been posted here!!! Damn me and my 'Fuck the Zone for Scoops' mentality. Does this mean I don't get paid for this actual post? Damn the Mods and their high salaries.

I think before we go into darker territories for Supes or even have him turn into a villain, we still need to establish to the audience more firmly HOW MUCH OF A PROPER GOOD HERO SUPERMAN ISSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! As Singer fucked up a lot of that in his 'oh I gotta be so more serious and deep with this film and fuck straightforward fun and ass kicking - or a FLIPPING SUPERHERO WHO SHOWS ANY EMOTION OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!'.

Fucking Brett Ratner.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby silentbobafett on Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:27 am

Errrr? When I saw superman not once did I not think; where is superman and his powers? I thinking SUPERman is a SUPERhero!

Plus go fuck a badger in the eye if you don't want some emotion in yah films. I love it! Spiderman 2 hit the jack pot with that!

Singer knows that the fuck he's doing and on Superman Returns Again he'll show you why....

And I liked the little quip lines like "stasically pseaking flying is still the safest form of transport." LIke that was so 78 I fucking loved it
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:36 am

GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ANGAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luuuuve eeeeeeeeettt!!!!!!!!
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby papalazeru on Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:42 am

The film was poor. Nor dire but for the hype, I was severly fedlated at the end of the film.

Nuff said
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby silentbobafett on Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:46 am

I feel sorry for you... I spent my money had a completly wonderful fime! Got e a bitemoitnal here and there. Got wrapped up in it all. Wanted to cheer when Supes returned. Was in a dream when those titles came on. Some of the bits with Marlon Brando's voice where pure classic cinema. And some of the shots, like the Alex Ross space shot, was pure cinematic dreams come true!

Sorry to hear you wasted yah money! Ha ha! :-)
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby Proinsias on Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:56 am

What caught my eye about those statements was the 'Alien Threat'. True, it needs to be something epic and devastating that can challenge all of Supermans abilities and provide some of the action i was expecting to see in SR. All the while having the story of Supes hassling Lois about seeing his kid and perhaps working with Luthor against this threat and veering toward the inevitable betrayal, alien showdown and cosmic paternal reveal...hmm..it's not looking good. Havn't read enough Supes comics to put forth already existing 'Alien Threat', but there must be something..

Then again, if all else fails, there's always this..

Proinsias
REAL DRAGON

Postby buster00 on Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:01 am

Here's how Singer can cleanse our palettes of the nasty Kid aftertaste (er, so to speak):

Do up the next one Miracleman style.

Have The Kid go rogue, so that Superman has to put him down. Just as if he was ventilating Old Yeller.

DO it, Superman. The Kid's no good. He's laying waste to Metropolis! We know he's your son, but you've gotta treat him like a fuckin' crippled horse. The deeper the sixer, the sooner the better.

THEN you can be a hero to millions. You know it's true, Son of Jor-El.
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:04 am

silentbobafett wrote:I feel sorry for you... I spent my money had a completly wonderful fime! Got e a bitemoitnal here and there. Got wrapped up in it all. Wanted to cheer when Supes returned. Was in a dream when those titles came on. Some of the bits with Marlon Brando's voice where pure classic cinema. And some of the shots, like the Alex Ross space shot, was pure cinematic dreams come true!

Sorry to hear you wasted yah money! Ha ha! :-)

OMG you're a comedic riot mate.

BTW, we didn't pay to see this deliberate way to ruin a potentially fun movie - we had Cineworld unlimited monthly passes.

Can't wait till they bring in Doomsday to kill Bryan Singer's little fucker.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Chairman Kaga on Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:34 am

Pops put up a fucking poll already about whether Supes kid should be bad or not in a future film. He shouldn't because it's cliched, hackneyed shit but put the poll up anyway.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MasterWhedon on Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:38 pm

I'd love to see Metallo or some giant f-ing robots for Superman to kick around with. That was always my favorite stuff with the animated series because they could level entire city blocks and not have to worry about the budget.

I want to see Superman get slammed so hard through a skyscraper that it buckles and tips over like the Empire State Building in Armageddon.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Leckomaniac on Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:56 pm

I think it would be awesome to see Brainiac be the villain. Since Brianiac is hell bent on gaining all knowledge...he would be interested in the first and only KRYPTONIA/HUMAN hybrid child. Think about it...imagine him showing up...taking control of all the major communications systems...and demanding the hybrid or else he would disable all the worlds technology. This could force Lois to tell Richard the truth...creating all sorts of conflict.

Maybe Brainiac could team up with Luthor and create a Kryptonite powered Robot to fight with Superman...or just regular robots.

Could be cool.
Last edited by Leckomaniac on Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Shane on Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:57 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:I'd love to see Metallo or some giant f-ing robots for Superman to kick around with. That was always my favorite stuff with the animated series because they could level entire city blocks and not have to worry about the budget.

I want to see Superman get slammed so hard through a skyscraper that it buckles and tips over like the Empire State Building in Armageddon.

That's what a superman movie needs. He's the fastest, strongest, most powerful. So use that in the movie. A swarm of attack robots led by braniac would kick twenty kinds of ass.
Shane
AIRWOLF

Postby havocSchultz on Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:16 pm

silentbobafett wrote:Plus go fuck a badger in the eye if you don't want some emotion in yah films.

Badgers?!?!?

We don't need no stinkin' badgers...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby RogueScribner on Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:17 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:I think it would be awesome to see Brainiac be the villain. Since Brianiac is hell bent on gaining all knowledge...he would be interested in the first and only KRYPTONIA/HUMAN hybrid child. Think about it...imagine him showing up...taking control of all the major communications systems...and demanding the hybrid or else he would disable all the worlds technology. This could force Lois to tell Richard the truth...creating all sorts of conflict.

Maybe Brainiac could team up with Luthor and create a Kryptonite powered Robot to fight with Superman...or just regular robots.

Could be cool.

I like the cut of your jib!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby MasterWhedon on Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:19 pm

RogueScribner wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote:I think it would be awesome to see Brainiac be the villain. Since Brianiac is hell bent on gaining all knowledge...he would be interested in the first and only KRYPTONIA/HUMAN hybrid child. Think about it...imagine him showing up...taking control of all the major communications systems...and demanding the hybrid or else he would disable all the worlds technology. This could force Lois to tell Richard the truth...creating all sorts of conflict.

Could be cool.

I like the cut of your jib!

Yeah, I just read that and really like it. I liked in the animated series how Luthor used Metallo as a pawn to kick the crap out of Superman, and I could see something like that happening again.

I think we're all agreed that Superman should fight something big and strong int the next film.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Next

Return to Movie Discussion