MAN OF STEEL

New movies! Old movies! B-movies! Discuss discuss discuss!!!

Postby Leckomaniac on Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:20 pm

RogueScribner wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote:I think it would be awesome to see Brainiac be the villain. Since Brianiac is hell bent on gaining all knowledge...he would be interested in the first and only KRYPTONIA/HUMAN hybrid child. Think about it...imagine him showing up...taking control of all the major communications systems...and demanding the hybrid or else he would disable all the worlds technology. This could force Lois to tell Richard the truth...creating all sorts of conflict.

Maybe Brainiac could team up with Luthor and create a Kryptonite powered Robot to fight with Superman...or just regular robots.

Could be cool.

I like the cut of your jib!

Thanks! Now I only hope the suits at the WB and Singer are reading this!
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Leckomaniac on Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:22 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:
RogueScribner wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote:I think it would be awesome to see Brainiac be the villain. Since Brianiac is hell bent on gaining all knowledge...he would be interested in the first and only KRYPTONIA/HUMAN hybrid child. Think about it...imagine him showing up...taking control of all the major communications systems...and demanding the hybrid or else he would disable all the worlds technology. This could force Lois to tell Richard the truth...creating all sorts of conflict.

Maybe Brainiac could team up with Luthor and create a Kryptonite powered Robot to fight with Superman...or just regular robots.

Could be cool.

I like the cut of your jib!

Yeah, I just read that and really like it. I liked in the animated series how Luthor used Metallo as a pawn to kick the crap out of Superman, and I could see something like that happening again.

I think we're all agreed that Superman should fight something big and strong int the next film.

Yeah. And it looks like Singer understands that too...I mean he says he wants to go all "wrath of kahn" on the sequel...

Glad that you folks liked my little brainstorm. :D
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby RogueScribner on Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:25 pm

It wasn't really apparent in the movie, but in the script after New Krypton was chucked into space it mentioned how it was still g-r-o-w-i-n-g. I wonder if that'll play out somehow in the next film or the one after?
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Leckomaniac on Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:29 pm

RogueScribner wrote:It wasn't really apparent in the movie, but in the script after New Krypton was chucked into space it mentioned how it was still g-r-o-w-i-n-g. I wonder if that'll play out somehow in the next film or the one after?

Well that could be a possibility. Maybe it grows so large that it can be considered a new planet. Brainiac notices it and holds out hope that perhaps some Kryptonians survived (because he didn't get a chance to categorize them) he tracks the trajectory of the New Krypton back to earth and there you go...sci-fi villain.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Shane on Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:52 pm

Could be cool.

Instead of a Kryptonite Robot they should just build Luthor the good old Kryptonite power armor, all 80's Super Power style.

or

Leave luthor out!!!
Shane
AIRWOLF

Postby havocSchultz on Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:00 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:I think we're all agreed that Superman should fight something big and strong int the next film.

M. Night's Ego...?
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby RogueScribner on Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:15 pm

Does this mean Jason will start seeing dead people?
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby RaulMonkey on Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:16 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:
RogueScribner wrote:It wasn't really apparent in the movie, but in the script after New Krypton was chucked into space it mentioned how it was still g-r-o-w-i-n-g. I wonder if that'll play out somehow in the next film or the one after?

Well that could be a possibility. Maybe it grows so large that it can be considered a new planet. Brainiac notices it and holds out hope that perhaps some Kryptonians survived (because he didn't get a chance to categorize them) he tracks the trajectory of the New Krypton back to earth and there you go...sci-fi villain.

I'm curious about all of the chunks of New Krypton that were falling off as Supes lifted it out of the water. Would they keep growing on their own or is the growth only generated from the nucleus surrounding the original crystal? It's probably just more convenient to assume the latter, I suppose.
RaulMonkey
ZONE AMBASSADOR

Postby Chairman Kaga on Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:18 pm

I am glad conversation has turned to this.

Keep in mind that "New" Krypton is still growing and that Luthor's assessment that the crystals mimic/duplicate surrounding molecular structures is corrrect. I think I see an interesting way of introducing/creating Bizarro.

What if Bizarro was "grown"/cloned on New Krypton as side effect of the crystals continued duplication and Superman bleeding onto the faux continent (I think it would be interesting to expand Kryptonian technology as an implication of this as well ie Kryptonians could essentially create life). Due to the haphazard process and the presence of Kryptonite this could account for Bizarro's imperfect appearence as a clone and his lack of weakness to Kryptonite from the comics (meaning green Kryptonite but I think that was a Pre-Crisis concept that may be different now) in some of the old designs his blocky angular head sort of looks crystalline in structure. This is considerably different then Luthor hitting Superman with a duplicating ray or intentionally cloning him from the comics or cartoon series but I think it could make for an interesting story.
Remember that the other main crystals Jor-El sent with Supes to Earth are still somewhere on the surface of "New" Krypton after Kitty tossed them out of the helicopter. What if one of them created a new interface, like the one in the Fortress of Solitude, that Bizarro had access to and much like the animated series he learn everything from Jor-El believing he was the real Kal-El. This could make him into sort of a pitiable character like Frankenstein's monster. Left alone one New Krypton to learn of his existence from Jor-El's crystals he is angry and confused etc (hell if they wanted to go with Bizarro's disjointed speech patterns that could be chalked up to Jor-El's crystlas being damaged resulting in blocky disjointed playback of the information. Thus bizarro would learn how to speak from the crsytals much like Frankenstein's Monster learned to speak from observation). Bizarro destroys new Krypton and heads to Earth to re-enact Superman's life ala Alan Moore and he could attmept to do what he believes is good but due to his Bizarro-ness invariable destroys things ala the animated series. From here one could go a number of routes.
Lex Luthor finds out about this other Superman and somehow gains influence over him.......(essentially Lex is the Doc to Bizarro's Monster though not intentionally)
The government, fearful of Superman turning rouge (since they can't tell the difference), enlist Luthor's assistance in creating some means of defense against Superman (since Luthor is the only human to ever almost kill Superman) Cadmus perhaps....
Bizarrro upon realizing what he is intentionally attempts to kill Superman as revenge....

I have no idea how in the above idea Bizarro would get a costume.

Bravo to anyone who reads all of this.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby RogueScribner on Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:32 pm

Actually, Kaga, I think that would make for a very interesting movie and would involve Luthor without him being the main threat. You can even tie it to Jason by having him get confused as to who or what Superman is, basically skewing his role model as he grows older. What if Bizarro killed Richard? Would Superman feel responsible? Would the sight of A Superman killing Richard be enough to put Lois off THE Superman for a while? Questions, questions, questions.
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby havocSchultz on Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:34 pm

RogueScribner wrote:Actually, Kaga, I think that would make for a very interesting movie and would involve Luthor without him being the main threat. You can even tie it to Jason by having him get confused as to who or what Superman is, basically skewing his role model as he grows older. What if Bizarro killed Richard? Would Superman feel responsible? Would the sight of A Superman killing Richard be enough to put Lois off THE Superman for a while? Questions, questions, questions.

Or maybe the sight of "Superman" killing Richard would turn Jason slightly against Superman...

That is - once again - if they go for the villain son route...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Chairman Kaga on Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:38 pm

RogueScribner wrote:Actually, Kaga, I think that would make for a very interesting movie and would involve Luthor without him being the main threat. You can even tie it to Jason by having him get confused as to who or what Superman is, basically skewing his role model as he grows older. What if Bizarro killed Richard? Would Superman feel responsible? Would the sight of A Superman killing Richard be enough to put Lois off THE Superman for a while? Questions, questions, questions.

Glad my idea sounds atleast decent. Singer's Superhero fims always get my mind racing with ideas. Perhaps this time I will take a shot at writing them down.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Shane on Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:38 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:

Keep in mind that "New" Krypton is still growing and that Luthor's assessment that the crystals mimic/duplicate surrounding molecular structures is corrrect. I think I see an interesting way of introducing/creating Bizarro.

What if Bizarro was "grown"/cloned on New Krypton as side effect of the crystals continued duplication and Superman bleeding onto the faux continent (I think it would be interesting to expand Kryptonian technology as an implication of this as well ie Kryptonians could essentially create life). Due to the haphazard process and the presence of Kryptonite this could account for Bizarro's imperfect appearence as a clone and his lack of weakness to Kryptonite from the comics (meaning green Kryptonite but I think that was a Pre-Crisis concept that may be different now) in some of the old designs his blocky angular head sort of looks crystalline in structure. This is considerably different then Luthor hitting Superman with a duplicating ray or intentionally cloning him from the comics or cartoon series but I think it could make for an interesting story.
Remember that the other main crystals Jor-El sent with Supes to Earth are still somewhere on the surface of "New" Krypton after Kitty tossed them out of the helicopter. What if one of them created a new interface, like the one in the Fortress of Solitude, that Bizarro had access to and much like the animated series he learn everything from Jor-El believing he was the real Kal-El. This could make him into sort of a pitiable character like Frankenstein's monster. Left alone one New Krypton to learn of his existence from Jor-El's crystals he is angry and confused etc (hell if they wanted to go with Bizarro's disjointed speech patterns that could be chalked up to Jor-El's crystlas being damaged resulting in blocky disjointed playback of the information. Thus bizarro would learn how to speak from the crsytals much like Frankenstein's Monster learned to speak from observation). Bizarro destroys new Krypton and heads to Earth to re-enact Superman's life ala Alan Moore and he could attmept to do what he believes is good but due to his Bizarro-ness invariable destroys things ala the animated series. From here one could go a number of routes.
Lex Luthor finds out about this other Superman and somehow gains influence over him.......(essentially Lex is the Doc to Bizarro's Monster though not intentionally)
The government, fearful of Superman turning rouge (since they can't tell the difference), enlist Luthor's assistance in creating some means of defense against Superman (since Luthor is the only human to ever almost kill Superman) Cadmus perhaps....
Bizarrro upon realizing what he is intentionally attempts to kill Superman as revenge....

That is one of the greatest Ideas I have heard yet. I would like to see that. If they do Bizaro I hope they go that route. You need to write a script for singer.
Shane
AIRWOLF

Postby RogueScribner on Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:47 pm

havocSchultz wrote:

Or maybe the sight of "Superman" killing Richard would turn Jason slightly against Superman...

That is - once again - if they go for the villain son route...

In this context I can see Jason opposing Superman (though maybe this idea would work better as a third film so he's a little older), but he wouldn't really be a villain, just confused. Which I think is better anyway. Jason would justifiably have the wrong idea about Superman and justifiably would want to be nothing like him (or appears to be).
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby RaulMonkey on Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:47 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:

A wholly worthwhile read. But screw the evil Jason implications! It gives me visions of Lex Luthor attending the opera with Jason and telling him about the legend of Plagueis-El.
RaulMonkey
ZONE AMBASSADOR

Postby TheButcher on Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:04 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:I have no idea how in the above idea Bizarro would get a costume.

Great ideas man.
Bizarro could probably grow a new costume with the crystals.

I voted for keeping Jason good. I want to see Superman and Son battle evil side by side.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby raasnio on Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:12 pm

I'd like to see Superman's son get destroyed.

Is that wrong?

It would make for more compelling cinema, though.
raasnio
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby buster00 on Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:16 pm

Damn, dudes! Kaga, Lecko, and Rogue -- you've come up with some workable, viable ideas for this! Nice work, gents! Well thought out.

Still wanna see the kid get offed, though.
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Shane on Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:26 pm

TheButcher wrote:
Chairman Kaga wrote:I have no idea how in the above idea Bizarro would get a costume.

Great ideas man.
Bizarro could probably grow a new costume with the crystals.

I voted for keeping Jason good. I want to see Superman and Son battle evil side by side.

Yeah they'd just grow the suit like in superman 4.
Shane
AIRWOLF

Postby MasterWhedon on Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:27 pm

buster00 wrote:Still wanna see the kid get offed, though.

I want a scene where Superman is showing Jason all his powers, and he picks up a gun and says, "Watch what happens when you shoot this against your eye--it's really fun!" and Superman shoots him in the head and Jason's brains explode everywhere and Superman shrugs and says, "Guess you got your mother's eyes."
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Shane on Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:34 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:
buster00 wrote:Still wanna see the kid get offed, though.

I want a scene where Superman is showing Jason all his powers, and he picks up a gun and says, "Watch what happens when you shoot this against your eye--it's really fun!" and Superman shoots him in the head and Jason's brains explode everywhere and Superman shrugs and says, "Guess you got your mother's eyes."

Waka Waka Waka
Shane
AIRWOLF

Postby Peven on Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:58 pm

ok, lets see, if one invincible, indestructable superhero can suck the suspense and element of risk out of a moviegoing experience, why not add a second? i don't get it. i like a degree of unknown when it comes to my movie "heroes". did we KNOW that Josey Wales was going to live to see the credits? Shane? Mad Max? Maximus? Vincent Vega? Mr Orange? even with Spidey there is a sense of mortality, vulnerability that allows for some audience fear for his well-being. let the kid turn bad and at least provide a suitably challenging foil for his uptight old man.

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Pops Freshenmeyer on Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:10 pm

Jason shouldn't be the main villian but he should flirt with it, like Pyro.
Pops Freshenmeyer
REAL DRAGON

Postby Chairman Kaga on Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:43 pm

buster00 wrote:Damn, dudes! Kaga, Lecko, and Rogue -- you've come up with some workable, viable ideas for this! Nice work, gents! Well thought out.

You'll notice I mention nothing about the kid because I have no idea what to do with him.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TheButcher on Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:36 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:

What if Bizarro was "grown"/cloned on New Krypton as side effect of the crystals continued duplication and Superman bleeding onto the faux continent (I think it would be interesting to expand Kryptonian technology as an implication of this as well ie Kryptonians could essentially create life).

In ST II Khan and Kirk were both trying to capture the Genesis Device.
Now in SR Luthor already has his Genesis Device in the crystals.
The device in ST II was used to create a new planet and a new Spock.
This fits in with Singers comments and Chairman Kaga's story idea.
New Krypton could possibly become a new planet.
A new Bizarro Krypton.
Will Luthor's 3 dead henchmen be reborn like Spock?
Will they also have Kryptonian powers because of Supermans blood?

Chairman Kaga wrote:
buster00 wrote:Damn, dudes! Kaga, Lecko, and Rogue -- you've come up with some workable, viable ideas for this! Nice work, gents! Well thought out.

You'll notice I mention nothing about the kid because I have no idea what to do with him.

How is Superman going to explain young Jason's powers? What is Lois going to do?

Could be cool.

Brainiac:
He should be Superman's Galactus.
I see him as a death star with advanced AI. An entity similar to Unicron.
Brainiac isn't looking for Suprerman. He wants to add Earth to his collection. Superman just gets in his way.

MasterWhedon wrote:I'd love to see Metallo or some giant f-ing robots for Superman to kick around with. That was always my favorite stuff with the animated series because they could level entire city blocks and not have to worry about the budget.

I want to see Superman get slammed so hard through a skyscraper that it buckles and tips over like the Empire State Building in Armageddon.

I like that idea. It reminds me of the very first issues of The Authority:

Imagine seeing destruction like this in a Superman movie!

Darkseid
He could be the great alien invader.
With his legions of Parademons ripping through Metropolis.
*edit*
I want to see big Authority type action.
Action like the pictures below:
*big images click at your own risk*
http://www.comicartcommunity.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=13073&sessionid=1cc7de87&sessionid=1cc7de87

http://www.comicartcommunity.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=267&sessionid=1cc7de87
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Chairman Kaga on Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:52 pm

Nice suggestions. I think I am going to take a shot at writing a treatment for this.....Man that is the geekiest thing to do.

Peven wrote:ok, lets see, if one invincible, indestructable superhero can suck the suspense and element of risk out of a moviegoing experience, why not add a second? i don't get it.

You are kidding right Peven? I mean Superman is notoriously vulnerable so much so that his vulnerability (Achilles heel so to speak) is quite well known.
Last edited by Chairman Kaga on Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Peven on Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:56 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:Nice suggestions. I think I am going to take a shot at writing a treatment for this.....Man that is the geekiest thing to do.

well, YOU said it. :lol:

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Chairman Kaga on Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:59 pm

Peven wrote:
Chairman Kaga wrote:Nice suggestions. I think I am going to take a shot at writing a treatment for this.....Man that is the geekiest thing to do.

well, YOU said it. :lol:

Oh shit yeah it's a completely lame idea. It catapults into the realm of fan scripts and shit and I hate those.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TheButcher on Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:36 pm

*edit*

Thanks.
Last edited by TheButcher on Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Pops Freshenmeyer on Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:00 pm

Chairman, since you're writing a spec treatent, are you for or against Jason going bad? If you're against it, nevermind, but if you're for it, it has to be because he didn't have the Smallville upbringing that Clark had. Also, it should involve Richard's death leaving Lois a single mother. It's already been said that Richard should have a heroic death that Superman can't stop but Jason should still feel that Superman could've done something but didn't. Now I'm not saying he should be the main villian, but he should definitely flirt with it like Pyro did in X2-3. Oh, and Clark has to babysit Jason, atleast in the backstory. And the reason for Superman being a deadbeat dad should be because he doesn't want to endanger Jason or Lois. And maybe Superman can acknowledge the striking writers from America's Next Top Model. Oh, and don't forget the giant mechanical spider.
Pops Freshenmeyer
REAL DRAGON

Postby Chairman Kaga on Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:54 pm

Next Top Giant Mechanical Deadbeat Dad Spiders....Got it.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Pops Freshenmeyer on Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:34 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:Next Top Giant Mechanical Deadbeat Dad Spiders....Got it.

that's all I ask for
Pops Freshenmeyer
REAL DRAGON

Postby wheredidigo111 on Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:00 pm

Here resd this. http://www.themovieblog.com/archives/2006/07/superman_needs_200_million_or_no_sequel.html
The Superman Returns Sequel is officially dead. We will not see Superman in or on the big screen for a lest 10 to 30 years from now. In fact this my tell them to never have a SuperMan movie ever agen. So thank for killing it. Christopher Reeve can now roll in his grave Knowing this.
wheredidigo111
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby TonyWilson on Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:08 pm

Er, the article says you dont need a PHD to know there will be a sequel. So er, um, I just...god man, do some close reading PLEASE.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby wheredidigo111 on Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:13 pm

TonyWilson wrote:Er, the article says you dont need a PHD to know there will be a sequel. So er, um, I just...god man, do some close reading PLEASE.

I did. It also said that no money no go. You don't need a PHD to know that line is bull shit.
wheredidigo111
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby raasnio on Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:20 pm

wheredidigo111 wrote:
TonyWilson wrote:Er, the article says you dont need a PHD to know there will be a sequel. So er, um, I just...god man, do some close reading PLEASE.

I did. It also said that no money no go. You don't need a PHD to know that line is bull shit.

Look, you think SR is awesome and worthy of sequels. That doesn't mean it is. It's simply your opinion. I think it's sad that your devotion is so strong that you can't sleep at night thinking that there won't be a follow up.

Personally, I don't care if a sequel gets made or not.
raasnio
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby tapehead on Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:21 pm

@ Wheredidigo,

You don't think SR will get to those figures?

I do

edit: I'd concede that the production costs of a sequel would probabaly go smaller
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby Fried Gold on Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:27 pm

It already has passed the $200million mark. And is about to pass the $300million mark.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Chairman Kaga on Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:30 pm

tapehead wrote:@ Wheredidigo,

I do

edit: I'd concede that the production costs of a sequel would probabaly go smaller

Yeah it has to make less then 15 million to break 200 domestic. Unless it gets dumped from almost every screen in the country next friday it could still pull that in. I mean it technically hasn't even been out for a full month yet.
Last edited by Chairman Kaga on Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby wheredidigo111 on Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:30 pm

Fried Gold wrote:It already has passed the $200million mark. And is about to pass the $300million mark.

WB wants the domestically take. not the worldwide take.
wheredidigo111
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby tapehead on Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:31 pm

yeah - the blog article is more than two weeks old
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby Fried Gold on Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:38 pm

wheredidigo111 wrote:
Fried Gold wrote:It already has passed the $200million mark. And is about to pass the $300million mark.

Have they actually said that, or should we just take "WB" to mean "wheredidigo111"?
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby unikrunk on Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:41 pm

tapehead wrote:@ Wheredidigo,

I do

This movie has legs – IMO it will be very, very profitable when all is said and done.

Regarding a smaller budget, I think so as well, and I think that is part of what Singer is talking about when he says he wants to go ‘Wrath of Khan’ style with the sequel; WOK was done on half the budget of the first (just pulling that number out of my ass, so stop already), and was a far better movie than TMP.

/that is all
He can't' love you back...
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DennisMM on Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:36 pm

Try about 30%. The budget for ST:TMP at BOMOJO is $35, though I've heard figures up to $42 million. WOK is said to have come in under $15 million. Notice the phasers are different from TMP's and the communicators are HUGE and have blinking lights on the bottom. They bought them cheap from a prop house and dolled them up -- pretty much the only new things for WOK were some of the ship models and the costumes.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby wheredidigo111 on Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:22 pm

Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan got half there set from Buck Rogers in the 25th Century TV show. I hear someone's trying to make that into a movie now.
wheredidigo111
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby ONeillSG1 on Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:11 pm

wheredidigo111 wrote:Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan got half there set from Buck Rogers in the 25th Century TV show. I hear someone's trying to make that into a movie now.

Explain the connection between the two.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby wheredidigo111 on Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:30 pm

ONeillSG1 wrote:
wheredidigo111 wrote:Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan got half there set from Buck Rogers in the 25th Century TV show. I hear someone's trying to make that into a movie now.

When Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan was being made the set guy din't have the money to make the set do to the fact that Star Trek: The Motion Picture bombed in theaters. So the set guys found out about a TV being Cancelled Buck Rogers in the 25th Century TV show. So the set guys of Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan took the set of Buck Rogers in the 25th Century TV show and used them on Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan. If you look at the Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan special edition DVD the set guys tell you what they did. Take a look.
wheredidigo111
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby ONeillSG1 on Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:03 am

Fried Gold wrote:
wheredidigo111 wrote:

Have they actually said that, or should we just take "WB" to mean "wheredidigo111"?

ZING!

wheredidigo111 wrote:
ONeillSG1 wrote:

When Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan was being made the set guy din't have the money to make the set do to the fact that Star Trek: The Motion Picture bombed in theaters. So the set guys found out about a TV being Cancelled Buck Rogers in the 25th Century TV show. So the set guys of Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan took the set of Buck Rogers in the 25th Century TV show and used them on Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan. If you look at the Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan special edition DVD the set guys tell you what they did. Take a look.

I think I will. Finally, something useful from you. Good job. You get a sticker.

ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby havocSchultz on Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:23 am

wheredidigo111 wrote:

as of this sunday, July 30th, Boxofficeguru wrote:Three films dropped out of the top ten over the weekend. Superman Returns fell 49% to an estimated $3.8M in its fifth mission and reached a cume of $185.8M. After 33 days of release last summer, Warner Bros. collected a similar $183.1M with its other super hero revival Batman Begins. However, the Caped Crusader posted a stronger $6M frame, ranked higher with a fifth place finish, and was enjoying smaller weekly declines on its way to $205.3M. With a reported production budget north of $240M, Superman Returns is on a course to end its domestic run with roughly $195M and will need some sort of special re-release in order to cross the double-century mark.

Close enough...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby DennisMM on Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:28 am

I dunno. You don't think SR has another month in its run? Remember, second-run theaters are still considered part of the gross, even though ticket prices are lower there.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

PreviousNext

Return to Movie Discussion