M. Night Shyamalan's WHAT'S HAPPENIN'?

New movies! Old movies! B-movies! Discuss discuss discuss!!!

What do you rate Shamalama's latest, Not Happenin'?

10 - This is only here for aesthetic purposes
7%
No votes
4%
4%
11%
7%
4%
4%
No votes
11%
0 - Zilch - Zero - Nil - Nada
4%
Not gonna watch this
29%
Waiting for DVD
18%

Total votes : 28

Postby instant_karma on Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:55 am

Fried Gold wrote:And what's up with the eagle eyes?

I think this will be the Shyamalan Revelation Moment, when Wahlberg remember that he left the gas on without the pilot light right at the start of the movie and that's what's been killing everyone.

Should I have added SPOILER to the start of that?
instant_karma
Comes in 4 exciting flavours

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:56 am

Brilliant.
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN

Postby thebostonlocksmith on Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:16 pm

instant_karma wrote:

I think this will be the Shyamalan Revelation Moment, when Wahlberg remember that he left the gas on without the pilot light right at the start of the movie and that's what's been killing everyone.

It also looks a little like he's just tried to fart and followed through...

or maybe like he's doing some math...
thebostonlocksmith
AIRWOLF

Postby Fievel on Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:23 pm

thebostonlocksmith wrote:
instant_kar ma wrote:

HAHAHA!!!
The Happening is about a shart that smells so bad that it causes a high majority of the world to kill themselves.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Pacino86845 on Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:26 pm

Wouldn't it be funny if the "happening/event" was the release of Lady in the Water?
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:29 pm

IPAMPILASH!!

Holy crappa... you putzes, you are a killing a the Dino, eh?
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN

Postby thebostonlocksmith on Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:43 pm

Fievel wrote:
thebostonlocksmith wrote:[q uote="instant_kar ma"]

HAHAHA!!!
The Happening is about a shart that smells so bad that it causes a high majority of the world to kill themselves.[/quote]

Or perhaps he's getting a blow job off a 'hot model' who has just inserted the old finger up the ass...
thebostonlocksmith
AIRWOLF

Postby Fievel on Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:50 pm

That picture would be called "The Revelation".
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Fried Gold on Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:03 pm

thebostonlocksmith wrote:
instant_kar ma wrote:

or maybe like he's doing some math...

It's from the Matt leBlanc School of Acting.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Theta on Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:17 pm

RogueScribner wrote:The Dino is like a rash that won't quite heal . . . you scratch it and scratch it and it just gets meaner and meaner. :-P

I was going to go with "herpes outbreak" but close enough.
This comment is in no way meant to insist your opinion is wrong or be considered an edict, solely this poster's opinion. That said, you are still a fool and will kneel before me in supplication.
Theta
AIRWOLF

Postby RogueScribner on Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:10 pm

There is no cure for genital herpes.

Is there a cure for the Dino? ;)
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Evil Hobbit on Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:38 am

I doubt it, since Dino's reproduce themselfs by eating plants from the island. Life will find a way, Malcolm once said.
Evil Hobbit
AIRWOLF

Postby tangerine on Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:43 am

Pacino86845 wrote:Wouldn't it be funny if the "happening/event" was the release of Lady in the Water?

Ok I might be a bit late on this one but AAAAAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA YES!!!!!!!!!!! That would give me a new found respect for Mr Shyamalan!!
tangerine
AIRWOLF

Postby Nachokoolaid on Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:08 pm

tangerine wrote:
Pacino86845 wrote:Wouldn't it be funny if the "happening/event" was the release of Lady in the Water?

Ok I might be a bit late on this one but AAAAAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA YES!!!!!!!!!!! That would give me a new found respect for Mr Shyamalan!!

I just saw this too, and this would be one the funniest moments in film in awhile.

And there could be a "Keystone copsesque" montage starring Bruce Willis, Mel Gibson, Joaquin Phoenix, Sam Jackson, Bryce Dallas Howard, and Marky Mark that played over the closing credits.

No one would see it coming!
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Peven on Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:37 pm

as petty as it sounds i can't get past the title, which is the most retarded-sounding title i think i have ever heard. it bugs the shit out of me

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Pacino86845 on Thu May 15, 2008 8:44 am

Nachokoolaid wrote:
tangerine wrote:

I just saw this too, and this would be one the funniest moments in film in awhile.

And there could be a "Keystone copsesque" montage starring Bruce Willis, Mel Gibson, Joaquin Phoenix, Sam Jackson, Bryce Dallas Howard, and Marky Mark that played over the closing credits.

No one would see it coming!

Sadly Hollywood missed their chance at doing something really cool... instead, we get more crap, according to this review: http://www.collider.com/entertainment/reviews/article.asp/aid/7903/tcid/1

It even inviso-texts what I guess is "the twist," so if you just wanna know what it is without watching the film you can find out... otherwise the review is pretty much spoiler-free, and distinctly negative.
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby CeeBeeUK on Thu May 15, 2008 8:59 am

Pacino86845 wrote:Sadly Hollywood missed their chance at doing something really cool... instead, we get more crap, according to this review: http://www.collider.com/entertainment/reviews/article.asp/aid/7903/tcid/1

It even inviso-texts what I guess is "the twist," so if you just wanna know what it is without watching the film you can find out... otherwise the review is pretty much spoiler-free, and distinctly negative.

According to the paragraph after the inviso-text, there is no twist! Ar ethey sure this is an M. Night film? :?
CeeBeeUK
WAIRWOLF GAME

Postby so sorry on Thu May 15, 2008 9:00 am

wow. I can't say that I'm surprised one bit at how (seemingly) bad that sounds... I'm a staunch believer that Shamalayam is one of this era's most over rated directors.

But, man, this sounds ugly.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Thu May 15, 2008 9:02 am

I kinda skimmed over it. I'll be watching it for sure at some point... but hey, I liked The Village...

Shyamalan does seem intent on destroying himself though. Maybe that's what the film is really about, cos he's like self obsessed and all that stuff.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TheBaxter on Thu May 15, 2008 10:02 am

well, they compared it to the remake of Wicker Man. which was still a better movie than LitW. if this movie has Mark Wahlberg putting on a bear suit and punching out a chick, count me in.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby tfactor on Thu May 15, 2008 11:14 am

that write up posted on the main page said there will be NO twist but I think this guy went into this movie with unrealistic expectations and it shows in his review

Don't get me wrong - I'm not trying to just blindly defend m. night douchehead because like most of you: I hated that Lady held In The Water. But the explanation on this one and its presentation are what will for better of worse define this movie. The concept sort of sucks but I think there may be more to it here than what was presented in this review.

forfuxxake someone walks into a lions cage and then they show him getting eaten alive?!?!? That sounds like a faces of death clip but bring on the blood bath I say!

Anyway I like to think M night learned a lesson from litw, that being - he can't tell stupid bed-time stories or stories without interesting twists and expect to still have the fan base he once had.

There must be more too this ... I hope ...
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby Nordling on Thu May 15, 2008 11:17 am

I won't see this film unless I hear that it's a good movie first from people I trust.
Nordling
AIRWOLF

Postby so sorry on Thu May 15, 2008 11:21 am

Perhaps T, but regardless of the "twist" factor, that dude blasts this movie for more than that reason (acting, plot etc).
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Nordling on Thu May 15, 2008 11:22 am

Collder.com wrote:Seeing a Shyamalan has become this horrifically abusive relationship where I desperately cling to the belief that if I keep loving him, he'll stop hitting me.

Awesome.

And...possible spoiler: "I'm sorry, houseplant!" is going to be the funniest non-line of the year.
Nordling
AIRWOLF

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Thu May 15, 2008 11:26 am

The Mist got blasted for acting, look how well received that was on Teh Zone...
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Thu May 15, 2008 12:21 pm

AtomicHyperbole wrote:The Mist got blasted for acting, look how well received that was on Teh Zone...

yeah, but The Mist was awesome.

Funny timing, i was just talking to someone last night about how much I hate The Village. I actually hated Lady in the Water considerably less. I'm with Nordling, i'm steering clear of this until I hear that it's good from someone other than AH.

(no offense, AH, but you liked The Village and I almost walked out of it, heh)
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Thu May 15, 2008 12:27 pm

I hated LITW... awful, awful film. I think you missed my point though.

Let's wait for more views to come in.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TheBaxter on Thu May 15, 2008 12:39 pm

well, personally, i'm steering clear of this film until it comes out in theaters. no way i'm seeing it before that happens. i hated LitW too, and no matter how much i might have enjoyed Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, and Signs, i won't see this movie until it's released. i just won't.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Thu May 15, 2008 12:48 pm

TheBaxter wrote:well, personally, i'm steering clear of this film until it comes out in theaters. no way i'm seeing it before that happens. i hated LitW too, and no matter how much i might have enjoyed Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, and Signs, i won't see this movie until it's released. i just won't.

A firm stance.

Excelsior!

:lol:
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby burlivesleftnut on Thu May 15, 2008 12:57 pm

TheBaxter wrote:well, personally, i'm steering clear of this film until it comes out in theaters. no way i'm seeing it before that happens. i hated LitW too, and no matter how much i might have enjoyed Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, and Signs, i won't see this movie until it's released. i just won't.

You're an unreasonable jerk.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby ironic name on Thu May 15, 2008 2:21 pm

PLANT!
ironic name
had cheer sex with Megan Gale

Postby Fried Gold on Fri May 16, 2008 10:25 am

I'm going into the film with Signs in mind (a film which I like a great deal), and hopefully won't be disappointed too much.

The Village was bit pants, and I'm still to see Lady in the Water. I am still slightly enthusiastic for this but, as I posted a while back, the casting did put me off somewhat. In the trailer, Mark Wahlberg still sounds to me like Dirk Diggler trying to be a science teacher.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Ribbons on Fri May 16, 2008 10:34 am

Fried Gold wrote:I'm going into the film with Signs in mind (a film which I like a great deal), and hopefully won't be disappointed too much.

The Village was bit pants, and I'm still to see Lady in the Water. I am still slightly enthusiastic for this but, as I posted a while back, the casting did put me off somewhat. In the trailer, Mark Wahlberg still sounds to me like Dirk Diggler trying to be a science teacher.

The part in the trailer where Wahlberg says "With whom?!" cracks me up whenever I see it. Even the odds of an edumacated edumacator saying whom because it's grammatically correct are pretty slim, but it's like "Look! Marky Mark used whom instead of who! That proves he's a teacher! Instant cr3d1b1l1t33!!"
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Fri May 16, 2008 10:34 am

Merrick's having a dig at Wahlbery on the front page now with that clip... er, and I can't quite see where he's coming from. There's nothing really there to ring alarm bells - it's like he's not formed his own opinion.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Fri May 16, 2008 10:36 am

I wish his name WAS Wahlbery.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fried Gold on Fri May 16, 2008 10:39 am

I agree, that train based clip doesn't really highlight anything majorly wrong.

If anything, the intro with M. Night saying "LIKE" after every sentence is more concerning.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Ribbons on Fri May 16, 2008 10:48 am

AtomicHyperbole wrote:Merrick's having a dig at Wahlbery on the front page now with that clip... er, and I can't quite see where he's coming from. There's nothing really there to ring alarm bells - it's like he's not formed his own opinion.

Yeah, I dunno either -- even in Shyamalan's worst films he tends to get good performances out of his actors.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Fri May 16, 2008 11:00 am

It's the old "one review says this so let's jump on the bandwagon" thing, I'd say. Roll on release, let's see if it's true.

I do think people have got Shyamalan all wrong. Sure, he's got an ego, but I think he's more of a playful pup of a character who takes glee in taking his audiences for a ride. They're not completely intellectual movies, more roller-coaster rides than anything else - maybe the only one that really stands up to proper scrutiny is Unbreakable.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby havocSchultz on Fri May 16, 2008 11:13 am

I've enjoyed all of Night's film...

Even Lady in the Water...kinda...for the most part...aspects of it...but I do think he needs somebody who can say no to him sometimes...

But this looks like something more his style - and I'm intrigued to see what he does with his first R Rated film...

It's opening against the new Hulk film...so he might not get a huge opening...

But I think it'll do better than Lady - because it doesn't look as weird - and Wahlbery is a bigger star than Giamatti...

I'll go see it...
And I'm prepared to be interested...at least...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby TheBaxter on Fri May 16, 2008 11:19 am

yeah, i didn't see anything that bad in marky mark's acting. it's definitely not going to win any oscars, but if it hadn't been harped on in the review and article, i wouldn't have even noticed anything.

i was a bit more bothered by the music, which was over the top. that, and the fact that with all those train passengers milling about, marky mark is the only one who bothers to go up to the crew and ask them why they've stopped.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby havocSchultz on Fri May 16, 2008 11:30 am

I just watched the clip...

First of all...Zooey Deschanel is always hot...
So that's a plus...
And I'm thinking the whole scene plays out longer than that...especially when the train stops, and Wahlberg goes straight to the crew...

It just felt like it was edited down a bit...especially considering the already established Shymalan style...

The only real weird thing I noticed about Wahlberg were his ever-arced eyebrows...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Fri May 16, 2008 11:36 am

Red Band trailer. Warning - may spoil some shocks, and maybe your appetite.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Fri May 16, 2008 11:39 am

havocSchultz wrote:I just watched the clip...

So that's a plus...
And I'm thinking the whole scene plays out longer than that...especially when the train stops, and Wahlbery goes straight to the crew...

It just felt like it was edited down a bit...especially considering the already established Shymalan style...

The only real weird thing I noticed about Wahlbery were his ever-arced eyebrows...

Yeah! I noticed that too. Didn't put me off seeing the whole film though.

Am I right in saying Merrick's the one the majority of TBers love to hate?
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby havocSchultz on Fri May 16, 2008 11:43 am

AtomicHyperbole wrote:
havocSchultz wrote:I just watched the clip...

So that's a plus...
And I'm thinking the whole scene plays out longer than that...especially when the train stops, and Wahlbery goes straight to the crew...

The only real weird thing I noticed about Wahlbery were his ever-arced eyebrows...

Yeah! I noticed that too. Didn't put me off seeing the whole film though.

Am I right in saying Merrick's the one the majority of TBers love to hate?

Oh, don't get me wrong...there's not much that'll put me off from seeing this film...I believe I've seen them all in theatres starting with Sixth Sense...

And I think Merrick purposely tries to rile up the TB'ers...
But instead of liking something, which would seemingly bring the hate towards him, he hates everything...trying to push the anger onto the product...
But it usually only works with about half of the TB'ers...
Most of the time I just skim over everything but the meat of the article anyways...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Fri May 16, 2008 12:00 pm

I'm gonna watch The Village again.

Fuck you haters. :-P
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fried Gold on Fri May 16, 2008 1:59 pm

AtomicHyperbole wrote:Red Band trailer. Warning - may spoil some shocks, and maybe your appetite.

Now that's the trailer they should've used.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby so sorry on Fri May 16, 2008 2:15 pm

Fried Gold wrote:
AtomicHyperbole wrote:Red Band trailer. Warning - may spoil some shocks, and maybe your appetite.

Now that's the trailer they should've used.

Definetly a better trailer. But man, if i saw that trailer and nothing else, and saw this flick knowing what i know now, I'D BE PISSED!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby buster00 on Fri May 16, 2008 5:21 pm

Approves Of This Thread's Title Change.
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby so sorry on Fri May 16, 2008 5:29 pm

so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Zarles on Fri May 16, 2008 7:27 pm

I will not see this film unless the Doobie Brothers are in it.

'Which Doobie you be?'
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

PreviousNext

Return to Movie Discussion