JUSTICE LEAGUE

New movies! Old movies! B-movies! Discuss discuss discuss!!!

Postby havocSchultz on Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:46 am

Only if he brings Biel with him...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Leckomaniac on Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:44 pm

IESB.net has posted some new potential plot points from the JLA film:

[quote]It was just a matter of time, story details for Justice League are leaking to web and they sure are juicy.

Patrick Sauriol is back (Corona’s Coming Attractions)* and this time he is bringing fans some juicy tidbits from Justice League.
Be warned that most of what Patrick is reporting is 100% spoilers. Some major and some minor, either way be prepared to get your dose of story details months before the movie goes into production.

Here are just a few below.

-- The characters of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, The Flash and Martian Manhunter comprise the League. One name that I did not hear mentioned was that of Aquaman. Where’d the fish guy go? Good question.

-- The Flash is the youngest member of the JLA. He has a crush on Wonder Woman.

-- Unbeknownst to the League Batman has a piece of technology that he developed called the “Redeyeâ€
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Pacino86845 on Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:48 pm

So, we're gonna get a Batman-Superman-Wonder Woman menage-a-trois? Y Tu Batman Tambien!!
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby minstrel on Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:48 pm

Pacino86845 wrote:So, we're gonna get a Batman-Superman-Wonder Woman menage-a-trois? Y Tu Batman Tambien!!

Batman gets snuffed in the blink of an eye.
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency

Postby buster00 on Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:28 pm

IESB.net wrote: The last spoiler that we posted above will involve an incredible fight between three of the founding members of the Justice League. The scene has been described as one of the greatest superhero fights ever put on film. Can you guess which three Superheroes?

Superman, Wonder Woman, and KLUDD!

buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fried Gold on Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:48 pm

In a fight between those three....Batman would likely die.

Unless he uses Kryptonite....and whatever Wonder Woman is allergic to.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fievel on Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:59 pm

Fried Gold wrote:Unless he uses Kryptonite....and whatever Wonder Woman is allergic to.

Cock?

Just throwin' a theory out there is all.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby minstrel on Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:01 pm

Fievel wrote:
Fried Gold wrote:Unless he uses Kryptonite....and whatever Wonder Woman is allergic to.

Cock?

Just throwin' a theory out there is all.

IPAMPILASH!
minstrel

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:44 pm

Fried Gold wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote:Variety is reporting that Jessica Biel is in talks to play Wonder Woman in the JLA film.

That's it, George Miller, back to Winnepeg.

Main page is now reporting that she's out.
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/34223

*whew*

Still...it seems that other than Miller (which is the ONLY promising news I've heard about this), all of the news regarding this film relates back to people who are completely disinterested in the project.

Does not bode well.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby TheButcher on Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:59 pm

Are the rumors true. Will this movie be cancelled because ot the strike?

http://www.cinematical.com/2007/09/29/forget-casting-woes-justice-league-movie-could-be-shelved-com/
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Fried Gold on Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:59 pm

Judging by something I read on the newsgroups the other day, it seems a few "upcoming" films are likely going back into development hell for a while.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Chairman Kaga on Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:13 pm

TheButcher wrote:Are the rumors true. Will this movie be cancelled because ot the strike?

http://www.cinematical.com/2007/09/29/forget-casting-woes-justice-league-movie-could-be-shelved-com/

I hope this is true.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Leckomaniac on Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:00 pm

Some more details have emerged thanks to EW:

The people over EW has printed, in part, the following.

EW- What we have seen remains faithful to the comic book that first appeared in 1960. All seven original members of the Justice League -- Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, the Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, and the Martian Manhunter -- are featured in an origins story about the superhero conglomerate. The plot revolves around villainous businessman Maxwell Lord and involves cyborgs called OMACs (One-Man Army Corps), who can take over humans and turn them into killing machines. There are epic battles between Superman and Batman, as well as Superman and Wonder Woman.

Superman - A.k.a. Clark Kent, new reporter. The morally upstanding Man of Steel battles Batman and has more to worry about than kryptonite.

Wonder Woman - A.k.a. Diana of Amazonian princess. Revered by the other supers for her beauty and ass-kicking abilities.

The Martian Manhunter - A.k.a. J'onn J'onzz, detective. His power to read minds comes in handy as the villain engages in some nifty mind control.

Green Lantern - A.k.a. John Stewart, architect. Designed the Hall of Justice. His emerald power ring shoots beams of energy.

Batman - A.k.a. Bruce Wayne. The most human in the bunch is mistrustful of others, which leads to quite a few problems for the clan.

Flash - A.k.a. Barry Allen, cop. The most enthusiastic superhero, Flash is happy just to be included, but his ravenous appetite leads to trouble.

Aquaman - A.k.a. Arthur, the Atlantean King. Not a fan of humans, Aquaman is more interested in helping his fellow heroes than lending a hand to land dwellers.

EW is in newsstands now.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Theta on Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:30 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:I agree. I'm afraid that this type of movie (and same with The Avengers) is a lot more fun in concept than in practice. It's fun to argue about team lineups and the like, theorize about how the characters might work with each other...but getting it on screen in a cogent manner is going to be really difficult and it could easily degenerate into a bloated mess, once you get past the initial cool factor of seeing Superman and Batman on the same screen...

I agree with "JLA", there are lots of ways for things to go horribly wrong and only a few ways for things to go right. Not that it matters as it looks like the studio's gonna choke on this one.

Not so the Avengers. First off, the Avengers in their general print history have been one A-lister and a bunch of second-stringers. The book didn't really take off until it was just Cap, The Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and Hawkeye, only one of whom was even really a hero up to that point, and even then had just been "revived".

Put it to you this way, I'd rather see an "Outsiders" or "Shadowpact" movie from DC than a JLA, but JLA still kind of excites me.
This comment is in no way meant to insist your opinion is wrong or be considered an edict, solely this poster's opinion. That said, you are still a fool and will kneel before me in supplication.
Theta
AIRWOLF

Postby Peven on Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:18 pm

just up on main site

"Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. How does a movie like JUSTICE LEAGUE just seem to happen? Where are the years of heavy production and even more years of languishing in limbo?

Now we have a movie that will be directed by George Miller, shot by Dean Semler (ROAD WARRIOR, APOCALYPTO) and have all the suits designed and created by the genius' at Weta Workshop, according to a story by those good folks over at obsessedwithfilm (thanks for the heads up, "Bionic Man")

I haven't confirmed this with anybody at Weta yet, but it sounds right. We already know Miller is going to shoot in his home country, a hop across the pond from New Zealand, and this sounds right up their alley. I remember way back when Darren Aronofsky was going to direct BATMAN: YEAR ONE I bumped into him at Weta (I was there for my first visit on RINGS). He was getting the grand tour and talking to them about creating Batman's new costume then.

Now it's all about the casting and if they can clearly tell us what kind of movie to expect. We've heard fully performance/motion capture, then we heard it was going to be half and half... now we have Weta building suits, so it's not going to be fully motion capture we know that much. Just how would half and half work for a film like this?

And I know all the TV fans love Tom Welling. His name has been rumored with this project from the beginning. I'm sure he's great... I've seen more than a few SMALLVILLE episodes, but if they're not going to keep in continuity with the existing films (which is perfectly fine), then I'd be more in favor of someone who isn't already associated with Superman.

What do you folks think?"

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Conroy420 on Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:32 pm

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/34438

I have no idea what WB is thinking with this property.

This casting news doesn't strike me as all that bad* but the casting is the least of the problems with this property.

If they want to use this as a spring board for new franchises than why are they stepping on the toes of two that are already established?

If its completly different, mo-cap or something along those lines, than cool! But if its another live-action, than why include Batman?

Im just confused as Im sure the rest of the public will be.

*I like the casting with Brody as the Flash and Common as GL (or even MM). Not bad choices really.
To read some original works by me, please ask, I need the feedback!
Conroy420
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby Leckomaniac on Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:42 am

The word is that this is Wonder Woman.

...she's blonde now?
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tapehead on Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:58 am

Actually I posted in the 'Curb your Enthusiasm' thread yesterday that Lucy Lawless had the role of Wonder Woman (she had a great cameo in the most recent ep), but only because IMDB told me so...
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby Peven on Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:29 am

Leckomaniac wrote:The word is that this is Wonder Woman.

...she's blonde now?

i never pictured WW as being so waifish, so frail-looking

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby The Ginger Man on Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:33 pm

The latest on the main site is reporting that the supervillains are Maxwell Lord, Talia al Ghul, and the Omacs.

I gotta say, that's pretty eff'n lame. Mainly b/c none of them are actually "super." We're basically looking at a JLA fights CGI-Robots for 2 hours movie...ugh. Hooray generic!
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby Chairman Kaga on Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:37 pm

Come on Implode already!!!
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Peven on Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:45 pm

Brandon Routh better hope it implodes, because if it is a success, and the actor who portrays Supes tests well with audiences, then Routh could find himself out of a job when, and IF, a SR sequel is made.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Chairman Kaga on Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:48 pm

Wouldn't that breach the contract he already has?
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

I think I could rest easy

Postby boyblue2 on Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:22 pm

:? If I knew this wasnt going to effect Nolans Batman and Singers Supes sequel!!
Fair enough have a JLA film out there as an option but dont trash the current Bats and Suppes films!!
boyblue2
GLIB

Location: Northumberland just outside London.........Just before you get to Scotland!

Wonder Woman

Postby boyblue2 on Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:28 pm

She gets my vote!
As long as she can act!! :D

-MOD EDIT: picture fixed...hotlinking doesn't work too well in here, many will just see a Red X

-Moo
boyblue2
GLIB

Location: Northumberland just outside London.........Just before you get to Scotland!

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:36 pm

mine too...

Hey boyblue, welcome to the Zone. Please see my PM about resizing your avatar.

Thanks!

ETA: thanks for the quick response!! :D
Lord Voldemoo

Postby boyblue2 on Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:42 pm

Cheers Moo
I have deleted it for now, Ill put some more thought into it tomorrow!
It's good to be here I hear its a little less hostile in the Zone than in the TB's?
boyblue2
GLIB

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:45 pm

boyblue2 wrote:Cheers Moo
I have deleted it for now, Ill put some more thought into it tomorrow!
It's good to be here I hear its a little less hostile in the Zone than in the TB's?

That's what we're gunning for...the motto in here is "No Hate, Just Debate"

It comes and goes, of course, but we try not to outright flame one another, heh.

EDIT: here's some help/info links on the place, if you're interested..

http://zone.aintitcool.com/viewtopic.php?t=53274
Lord Voldemoo

Postby boyblue2 on Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:51 pm

Sounds alright by me.
Im going to call it a day for now though, it's nearly 1AM and im taking the Wife to start the christmas shopping tomorrow :roll:
Just wait till she says the list of DVD's I want, ha
i'll be back tomorrow with some JLA musings, hopefully flame free!!
boyblue out!
boyblue2
GLIB

Postby Peven on Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:10 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:Wouldn't that breach the contract he already has?

contract shmontract, they'll just buy him out or find another way out of it. that is, if he has an actual contractual lock on the part for a sequel.
Last edited by Peven on Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Re: Wonder Woman

Postby minstrel on Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:16 pm

boyblue2 wrote:Image

She gets my vote!
As long as she can act!! :D

-MOD EDIT: picture fixed...hotlinking doesn't work too well in here, many will just see a Red X

-Moo

But that's not Wonder Woman. That's just a good looking babe.

Wonder Woman is an Amazon warrior. She should at LEAST look athletic. And have a steely gleam in her eyes, like she's ready to take you on and beat you.
minstrel

Postby RogueScribner on Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:46 pm

I thought the casting of the new Trek movie was weird. The casting of this movie really makes me wonder what we're in for. Are we getting Mad Max Miller or Happy Feet Miller? Maybe we'll get Lorenzo's Oil Miller, who knows?
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Chairman Kaga on Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:36 am

Peven wrote:

contract shmontract, they'll just buy him out or find another way out of it. that is, if he has an actual contractual lock on the part for a sequel.

What do you mean if? He, Spacey et al were signed to three picture deals back when SR started.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tapehead on Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:38 am

RogueScribner wrote:I thought the casting of the new Trek movie was weird. The casting of this movie really makes me wonder what we're in for. Are we getting Mad Max Miller or Happy Feet Miller? Maybe we'll get Lorenzo's Oil Miller, who knows?

The Doctor is a versatile film maker and producer, who hasn't limited his work to a particular genre. Surely that's no bad thing?
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby Peven on Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:42 am

Chairman Kaga wrote:
Peven wrote:

What do you mean if? He, Spacey et al were signed to three picture deals back when SR started.

i used "if" because i wasn't sure what deal he had signed. still, i wonder what the fine print says.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Chairman Kaga on Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:26 am

Well it was bought up that Routh and Bale wouldn't be used in this because it would count against their three picture deals in each respective franchise thus leaving the potential trilogies at two films each.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby unikrunk on Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:07 am

Just read this on the mothersite...

I am not really digging on this whole thing. That Brother Eye / OMAC shit is so played out...fug...man, fanboy wish here: Why not do New Frontier as a live action film? That story is perfect for a JLA movie. Yeah, I know they are moving on an animated version, but shit, scrap that and shoot it live action.
He can't' love you back...
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby RogueScribner on Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:41 am

tapehead wrote:
RogueScribner wrote:I thought the casting of the new Trek movie was weird. The casting of this movie really makes me wonder what we're in for. Are we getting Mad Max Miller or Happy Feet Miller? Maybe we'll get Lorenzo's Oil Miller, who knows?

The Doctor is a versatile film maker and producer, who hasn't limited his work to a particular genre. Surely that's no bad thing?

No it's not a bad thing, but the casting on this film seems odd. It's very, to borrow a phrase, JLA 90210, which makes me wonder about the angle Miller is taking with this pic. I'm not writing it off, but I'm not exactly excited about it right now either.
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby junesquad on Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:12 am

I'm so excited to see this movie coming.
Junesquad
junesquad
AIRWOLF

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:28 am

unikrunk wrote:That Brother Eye / OMAC shit is so played out...

Que? It's clear to me they are adapting the lead-in storyline from Infinite Crisis. This is a GOOD THING. The Maxwell Lord/Superman/Wonder Woman scenario was the most exciting part of the whole lead in, and probably more interesting the whole of Infinite Crisis.

But what's funny about your quote unifunk, is... uh who, besides in depth comic readers like you, are going to be walking into this movie and thinking, "Oh man... more stupid Brother Eye stories and more fucking OMACS. God damn it! I wanted something original!"?

No one.

nerd.

Oh and according to Harry this is Wonder Woman:

burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby unikrunk on Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:47 am

burlivesleftnut wrote:

Que? It's clear to me they are adapting the lead-in storyline from Infinite Crisis. This is a GOOD THING. The Maxwell Lord/Superman/Wonder Woman scenario was the most exciting part of the whole lead in, and probably more interesting the whole of Infinite Crisis.

But what's funny about your quote unifunk, is... uh who, besides in depth comic readers like you, are going to be walking into this movie and thinking, "Oh man... more stupid Brother Eye stories and more fucking OMACS. God damn it! I wanted something original!"?

No one.

nerd.

Oh and according to Grande Rojo this is Wonder Woman:

PWNT!

Yes, your leveling of the term nerd is correct; however I put this to you: who, other than nerds, will be seeing this movie? I could be way off track here, but I think this film will have about the same draw as League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

And, your honor let the record reflect that I was only partially quoted; I don't want something original, I want New Frontier. That would make for a compelling movie.

You are correct that the lead-in with Diana killing Lord was the best thing about Infinite Crisis. And you knowing that, and your comments on my comments on OMAC and Brother Eye are very telling of your proclivity to nerdosity as well, Burl.
He can't' love you back...
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Peven on Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:08 pm

related news....

News

David Dobkin Takes on The Flash
Source: MTV
October 28, 2007

"MTV learned on Saturday at the junket for director David Dobkin's Fred Claus that Warner Bros. has signed the helmer for The Flash. Shawn Levy (Night at the Museum) and David Goyer ("Blade" films) were previously attached to direct.

Dobkin (Wedding Crashers) says his adaptation won't be the character's first appearance in theaters, with the Flash a major part of George Miller's Justice League movie. Dobkin confirmed that his movie will be set in the same universe as Justice League as a direct spin-off.

He added that the Flash they will use is "Wally West."

Created by writer Gardner Fox and artist Harry Lampert, The Flash has the ability to run and move extremely fast, use superhuman reflexes and violate certain laws of physics, like time travel."

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby junesquad on Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:42 pm

What happened to Jessica Biel as Wonder Woman? I was looking forward to that.
Junesquad
junesquad
AIRWOLF

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:22 pm

unikrunk wrote:
burlivesleftnut wrote:

No one.

nerd.

Oh and according to Grande Rojo this is Wonder Woman:

PWNT!

Yes, your leveling of the term nerd is correct; however I put this to you: who, other than nerds, will be seeing this movie? I could be way off track here, but I think this film will have about the same draw as League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

And, your honor let the record reflect that I was only partially quoted; I don't want something original, I want New Frontier. That would make for a compelling movie.

You are correct that the lead-in with Diana killing Lord was the best thing about Infinite Crisis. And you knowing that, and your comments on my comments on OMAC and Brother Eye are very telling of your proclivity to nerdosity as well, Burl.

No I am totally a nerd. No hard feelings, but I disagree with you on the audience for this. I think this is being pushed through because of Transformers. I think the studios are all looking for multicharacter hijinks with spectactular set-pieces. I just hope this script is better, since I know Miller is a better, more subtle director, than Michael fucking Bay.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby junesquad on Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:43 pm

Smallville had the beginnings of the Justice League in an episode last season... I thought it was amazing. I think people like watching "Heroes" have difficulty, but being able to overcome with the help of friends. I think a wide variety of people will go see it. I think, however, that the crowd standing in line the first night will be the comic book crowd. I'll be waiting for the crowds to die down.
Junesquad
junesquad
AIRWOLF

Postby Fried Gold on Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:47 am

Peven wrote:related news....
News

October 28, 2007

"MTV learned on Saturday at the junket for director David Dobkin's Fred Claus that Warner Bros. has signed the helmer for The Flash. Shawn Levy (Night at the Museum) and David Goyer ("Blade" films) were previously attached to direct.

Dobkin (Wedding Crashers) says his adaptation won't be the character's first appearance in theaters, with the Flash a major part of George Miller's Justice League movie. Dobkin confirmed that his movie will be set in the same universe as Justice League as a direct spin-off.

Created by writer Gardner Fox and artist Grande Rojo Lampert, The Flash has the ability to run and move extremely fast, use superhuman reflexes and violate certain laws of physics, like time travel."

Seems like it won't be played that seriously....plus, according to the main page, the annoying guy from The OC is apparently in contention for play him.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Zarles on Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:58 am

This movie/thread is SCREAMING for a 'NAY!' or two. SCREAMING.

Is this going to be full live-action now? I'd heard it was going to be motion-capture a la 'Beowulf'.
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Leckomaniac on Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:36 pm

Um...

cough

On Oct. 25th Leckomaniac wrote:The word is that this is Wonder Woman.

...she's blonde now?
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Leckomaniac on Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:38 pm

Fried Gold wrote:
Peven wrote:related news....
News

October 28, 2007

Created by writer Gardner Fox and artist Grande Rojo Lampert, The Flash has the ability to run and move extremely fast, use superhuman reflexes and violate certain laws of physics, like time travel."

Seems like it won't be played that seriously....plus, according to the main page, the annoying guy from The OC is apparently in contention for play him.

:shock:

I think this is a bad move too, a disastorous one in fact, but The OC was awesome and Adam Brody was a huge part of that. One more crack like that...and you go on the list FG. Be warned!
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fried Gold on Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:47 pm

....Leckomaniac likes The OC and is therefore BANNED from all UK Zoner Meetups.

You can meet up with Kirk and talk about Hollyoaks.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

PreviousNext

Return to Movie Discussion