DEADPOOL?!

New movies! Old movies! B-movies! Discuss discuss discuss!!!

Re: DeAdPoOl & X-Force?! Fox's MutantVerse

Postby TheButcher on Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:35 pm

COLLIDER:
Exclusive: Joe Carnahan Is Writing the ‘X-Force’ Screenplay
'The Grey' and 'Smokin' Aces' writer/director puts another major project on his plate.

THR:
Director Joe Carnahan Exits 'Bad Boys 3' (Exclusive)

COLLIDER:
Exclusive: Drew Goddard Is Working on the ‘Deadpool 2’ Script
The “Merc with a mouth” is getting a rewrite from the 'Cabin in the Woods' and 'The Martian' scribe.

Deadline:
‘Logan’ & ‘X-Men’ Architect Simon Kinberg On Expanding The Series & The Risks & Rewards Of R-Rated Superhero Movies: Q&A

Deadpool Will Star in X-Force, Plus More on the Future of the X-Men Film Universe
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: ‘DeAdPoOl²’

Postby TheButcher on Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:33 am

THR MARCH 22, 2017:
‘DeAdPoOl²’: Michael Shannon Frontrunner to Play Cable (Exclusive)
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheBaxter on Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:47 pm

TheButcher wrote:THR MARCH 22, 2017:

no matter who plays Cable, one thing is certain: they will have terrible customer service.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby TheButcher on Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:23 pm

TheBaxter wrote:
TheButcher wrote:THR MARCH 22, 2017:

no matter who plays Cable, one thing is certain: they will have terrible customer service.

comcast :wink:
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: DEADPOOL?!

Postby TheButcher on Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:50 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Thu May 11, 2017 4:15 am

Variety MAY 10, 2017:
‘Deadpool’ Animated Series Co-Created by Donald Glover Lands at FXX
Elizabeth Wagmeister & Joe Otterson wrote:“Deadpool” is heading to TV — in animated form.

FXX is working on an animated series for Marvel’s “Deadpool,” which will be created by Donald Glover and Stephen Glover, Variety has learned.

The untitled show has been given a straight-to-series order, with a 10-episode first season expected to debut in 2018.

“Atlanta” creator and Golden Globe winner Donald Glover and his brother, “Atlanta” staff writer Stephen Glover, will serve as showrunners, executive producers and writers of the series. Marvel’s Jeph Loeb and Jim Chory are executive producers. The untitled series is produced by Marvel Television in association with FX Productions and ABC Signature Studios for FXX.

“How much more fun could this be? Deadpool, Donald and FX – the perfect fit for the Merc with the Mouth,” Loeb said. “We’re thrilled that our relationship with FX that started with ‘Legion’ continues with what is sure to be a groundbreaking show in adult animation.”

20th Century Fox’s “Deadpool,” which hit theaters February 2016, was a gigantic box office success, raking in nearly $800 million internationally off of a $58 million budget. The movie cemented Ryan Reynolds as an A-list star and reinvigorated the R-rated superhero genre, alongside Hugh Jackman’s “Logan.” No word on whether Reynolds will be affiliated with the FXX series, which like the film, will also based off of the Marvel comic book heroes.

While no voice actors have been announced for the series, in a funny turn of events, “Atlanta” actress Zazie Beetz has been cast in the sequel film, “Deadpool 2,” as Domino.

Donald Glover is also already in the Marvel family. Coming up, he’ll star in “Spider-Man: Homecoming,” which will be released this July.

For FX Networks, the sure-to-be-hotly-anticipated series is the latest animated project for the FX portfolio, following the likes of the Emmy-nominated “Archer.” Last year, FX boss John Landgraf announced that FXX will be moving “really aggressively” into more animated series and short-form series in the adult animation format — and “Deadpool,” the raunchy comic book character, surely fits that bill.

The Glovers are both repped by WME and Lev Ginsburg. Donald is additionally handled by Dianne McGunigle of MGMT Entertainment.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: DeAdPoOl & CABLE

Postby TheButcher on Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:40 am

THR AUGUST 07, 2017:
Deadpool Creator Rob Liefeld Is Having a Better Day Than You
Aaron Couch wrote:The comic book artist and writer is riding high after a blockbuster first look at Josh Brolin as Cable, the character he co-created in 1990: "It's been 100 percent euphoria."

It's hard to match the enthusiasm of Rob Liefeld. Particularly today.

"This is a great! No one is having a better day than me! Let me assure you!" Liefeld said seconds after Heat Vision gave him a call Monday afternoon.

The reason for his infectious enthusiasm? Deadpool star Ryan Reynolds shared the first two photos of Josh Brolin as Cable, the X-Men character Liefeld created in 1990 along with Louise Simonson.

Character first-looks have become a key way comic book movies build buzz, but few projects have done it as well as 2016's Deadpool and its brilliant campaign spearheaded by Reynolds. Deadpool 2 is already upping the game, with Cable just the latest in a string of reveals, including a creative casting announcement for Julian Dennison (showing the actor on Deadpool's back) and a first-look at Zazie Beetz' Domino.

Liefeld has been around fandom long enough to remember outrage over Michael Keaton's casting in 1989's Batman, and 20 years later, he saw the backlash to Deadpool's ill-fated first trip to the big screen in 2009's much maligned X-Men Origins: Wolverine. So it's nice to be on the positive end of fan passion.

"I've seen when fans give their thumbs-up and their thumbs-down. Their condemnation and their praise. Josh as Cable, it's been 100 percent euphoria, praise, excitement," said Liefeld.

Liefeld's social media accounts haven't blown up like this since the 2015 first reveal of Reynolds as Deadpool, and he playfully brushed off complaints some fans have had about the number of guns Cable carries in the photo ("How many guns can you have in one photo? Come on man," Liefeld said with a laugh).

Heat Vision also caught up with Deadpool 2 actor Stefan Kapicic, who is returning as Colossus. He hadn't seen Brolin in costume before this photo, which was released as the actor enjoyed his morning coffee and was scrolling through Instagram.

"This is just the beginning of amazing things that are coming," said Kapicic, careful not to give away anything he shouldn't. "Cable is one of the characters I was raised with. ... Cable's face, with all the scars and the eye and the haircut. It's like I'm seeing the comic book Cable."

Brolin has positioned himself as the king of summer 2018 with his work as Thanos in Avengers: Infinity War, coming out on May 4, just one month before Deadpool 2's June 1 release. How popular is Brolin among fans? He stole the thunder away from San Diego Comic-Con, when one week before the July convention, the actor was the centerpiece of a D23 Avengers panel. In a surreal moment, the actor came out very much looking like Cable (buff and sporting a cool new haircut), but was acting very much like Thanos (giving his Avengers co-stars hell). "Drax ain't shit," Brolin deadpanned after Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige suggested Dave Bautista (who plays Drax in Guardians of the Galaxy movies) might be someone to worry about.

Liefeld's phone immediately blew up, as friends watching the presentation texted him that Cable had invaded the Avengers panel at D23.

"Between him being ushered through the Kevin Feige regime and the protection and the special care they are going to take care of him with Thanos, and then over here with Ryan and [director] David Leitch and Fox ushering him as Cable, I'm not sure anybody is going to have a better four weeks next year," said Liefeld.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Ribbons on Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:12 pm

A Deadpool 2 trailer dropped this week [Insert "Coming Soon" Joke Here]:

And here's the press release from Fox:

After surviving a near fatal bovine attack, a disfigured cafeteria chef (Wade Wilson) struggles to fulfill his dream of becoming Mayberry’s hottest bartender while also learning to cope with his lost sense of taste. Searching to regain his spice for life, as well as a flux capacitor, Wade must battle ninjas, the yakuza, and a pack of sexually aggressive canines, as he journeys around the world to discover the importance of family, friendship, and flavor – finding a new taste for adventure and earning the coveted coffee mug title of World’s Best Lover.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Peven on Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:51 pm

i don't know, i think this may be one of the disappointments of the year

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby so sorry on Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:11 pm

Peven wrote:i don't know, i think this may be one of the disappointments of the year

I liked Deadpool, but I can't say that I loved it and am craving for more. The whole 4th-wall sctick gets tiring for me, so once was enough.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Peven on Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:39 pm

so sorry wrote:
Peven wrote:i don't know, i think this may be one of the disappointments of the year

I liked Deadpool, but I can't say that I loved it and am craving for more. The whole 4th-wall sctick gets tiring for me, so once was enough.

I enjoyed the first movie only slightly more, myself. while I haven't been chomping at the bit for more I was curious how Reynolds would follow up given the success of the first one. I liked the minimalist approach in Deadpool but it looks as if they went all sequel on this one with big cgi 'splosions and stuff.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Ribbons on Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:43 pm

I'm not necessarily expecting it to be, but it wouldn't surprise me. There's a substantial list of sequels to tonally risky films (Men In Black --> Men In Black II is the one that just popped into my head) that try to recreate the formula and get it wrong. The first Deadpool walked a fine line of working like gangbusters and being a slapstick-y, irritating mess to begin with; add to the mix the burden Deadpool 2 has of being some sort of launchpad for Fox's planned X-Force franchise, and there are a lot of different ways this thing could potentially go sideways. I know Ryan Reynolds's stated intention has been to keep this a mid-budget action movie like the first one, and David Leitch is a great action director, so I'm not feeling pessimistic just yet. But I get the concern.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Al Shut on Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:58 am

so sorry wrote:I liked Deadpool, but I can't say that I loved it and am craving for more. The whole 4th-wall sctick gets tiring for me, so once was enough.

It doesn't help that the advertisement seems to use it more(stronger?) than I remember the first movie did.

But I didn't like it at all so I sure won't be disappointed.
Note to myself: Fix this image shit!
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby Ribbons on Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:10 pm

#PeterLives

Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Peven on Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:58 pm

I was doubting if this movie was going to be as good as the first one, but the last couple trailers have changed that and this last trailer really sold me, I think I'm going to like this one better than the first,

"so DARK, are you sure you're not from the D.C. universe?!" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Peven on Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Fievel on Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:31 pm

Holy shit!
Peter!
The icing on the trailer cake!! :lol: :lol:
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Peven on Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:34 pm

oh yeah, that shot of Peter skydiving was the shit

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Ribbons on Sat May 26, 2018 1:50 pm

The Vanisher is my new favorite character
Ribbons