DEADPOOL?!

New movies! Old movies! B-movies! Discuss discuss discuss!!!

Re: DeAdPoOl?!

Postby TheButcher on Sun May 31, 2009 11:44 pm

From HitFix: Breaking: Ryan Reynolds 'actively' working on 'Deadpool' spinoff
Gregory Ellwood wrote:Speaking during an interview with HitFix today for "The Proposal," Reynolds shed more light on the project saying,
Ryan Reynolds wrote:"Well, I'm intimately involved with it. We're just trying to break a story right now and figure out who the villain is going to be and all that stuff. But, it's going to be just like the comic books. I'm gonna have a messed up face and you may see some flashbacks of Wade earlier in his life, but primarily what you see is what you get in the comics and that's the goal. And there is no better place to draw material from then the comics which are incredible."
Last edited by TheButcher on Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: DEADPOOL?!

Postby Ribbons on Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:20 am

Nice. At least now we know if this movie ever gets made, Wade Wilson's face will be all fubar. Now let's hope there's some fourth-wall-breaking goodness as well. Also, I know she was sort of used already in Elektra (although I can't remember whether her name was actually used), but I'd like to see a Sid & Nancy-type romance with Deadpool and Typhoid Mary going on.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby King Psyz on Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:07 am

It's too bad the whole death/thanos thing is just entirely too silly for live action... but maybe they could have him hanging out with Siren, that or go all out and go with the Cable storyline.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby TheButcher on Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:57 pm

An IGN EXCLUSIVE: Reynolds Talks Deadpool
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:55 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby King Psyz on Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:20 am

seriously this news is getting better everyday... now who could direct?
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby Ribbons on Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:53 am

Shane Black!

...hey, a guy can dream
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Bloo on Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:19 am

I gotta 2nd Shane Black, great at mixing action and comedy sounds perfect

OR

Shane Black written/McT directed maybe?

OR

possibly Shane Balck written and directed by the dude that did SHOOT 'EM UP (which I didn't enjoy THAT much but could see that style working in Deadpool)

OR

written by Shane Black and/or Joe Caranhan and directed by Carnahan (reteaming him with Rynolds)
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby burlivesleftnut on Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:27 pm

Get Shane to right and direct. This thing will make $200 domestic easy. God, just the idea gives me a geek boner.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Bloo on Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:08 am

burlivesleftnut wrote:Get Shane to right and direct. This thing will make $200 domestic easy. God, just the idea gives me a geek boner.

Just $200? crap I'll spend that much on it myself if they got Shane Black to direct :wink: :lol:
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

DeAdPoOl?!

Postby TheButcher on Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:59 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Bloo on Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:44 am

Ryan two words, wills olve you're writer/director search

SHANE BLACK
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby TheButcher on Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:55 pm

Last edited by TheButcher on Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:28 am

Last edited by TheButcher on Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:43 am

Fox hired two guys to put words in his mouth!

From COLLIDER:
ZOMBIELAND Writers Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick Take a Shot at DEADPOOL
From Variety:
Fox taps 'Deadpool' writers - 'Zombieland' duo to pen 'X-Men' spinoff, starring Ryan Reynolds
TATIANA SIEGEL wrote:20th Century Fox is making progress with its "X-Men" spinoff, "Deadpool," and has tapped "Zombieland" scribes Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick to pen the screenplay.

Ryan Reynolds will reprise his role as the wisecracking mercenary he portrayed in last year's "X-Men Origins: Wolverine."

There is no timetable on the Marvel property, though Reynolds has a window after wrapping the "Green Lantern" this summer.

Reynolds has been bulking up to play the DC Comics' hero "Green Lantern," which starts lensing next month. This means he would already be in superhero shape if the script for "Deadpool" is ready by summer.

Reese and Wernick, who wrote "Zombieland," will stay true to the mythology of "Deadpool" given that Reynolds is a huge fan and protector of the property.

The tone of "Deadpool," which features an antihero as opposed to the more traditional heroic comicbook protagonist, is very similar in tone to "Zombieland."

Lauren Shuler Donner is producing "Deadpool."

Reese and Wernick, high school friends who began collaborating in 2001, most recently sold the pitch "Earth vs. Moon" to Universal Pictures. The pair penned a draft of "Venom" for Sony/Marvel.

They are repped by WME.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:35 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Ribbons on Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:47 am

Not as good a choice as Shane Black, but still pretty interesting! :) Hopefully he takes it, although it sounds like he's already turned down a few projects Fox has thrown his way.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Re:DeAdPoOl DEADPOOL?!

Postby TheButcher on Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:23 am

Your right, it's not as cool as Shane Black or as bad as Ratner! Remember things could always be worse. :wink:
Last edited by TheButcher on Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: DeAdPoOl DEADPOOL?!

Postby TheButcher on Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:30 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:15 pm

From 24 Frames:
'Deadpool' shows signs of life
Steven Zeitchik wrote:Reports last month that Rodriguez had been offered the director's chair on "Deadpool" met with a swirl of speculation and/or denials from the filmmaker's camp as well as studio Fox. (The most anyone would agree to is that Rodriguez had been sent Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick's script.)

But we're hearing that after a few weeks of dancing, Rodriguez and studio Fox are negotiating. There's no deal yet, and the sides need to agree on a number of key points, but it's moved beyond the casual discussion stage and into the more substantive realm of deal points.

Rodriguez is making "Spy Kids 4," which itself comes after he finished the exploitation action picture "Machete," but would be looking for a big movie and one that can be marketed into a hit. As for the picture itself, the mouthy Marvel mercenary would entail violence and comedy in equal measure, and Rodriguez has been adept at combining the two. We'd pull for a Danny Trejo cameo, though.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:24 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:32 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: DeAdPoOl ?!

Postby TheButcher on Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:17 am

24 FRAMES EXCLUSIVE:
A new entrant into the 'Deadpool'
Steven Zeitchik wrote:The story that's unfolded around who will direct "Deadpool," the Ryan Reynolds movie based on the Marvel antihero, has been almost as colorful as anything that appeared in the comic book itself. Robert Rodriguez was going to helm it, then he wasn't, then he was, and now he's not.

But sources familiar with the project say a new name has emerged for the director's chair, and it's an unconventional one: Adam Berg, a heretofore little-known Swedish commercial and video director.

Berg has never directed a feature before, but he gained plenty of acclaim with "Carousel," a stylish short (you can check it out below) made for Philips Electronics that won the prestigious Cannes Lions International Advertising prize. In a one-take freeze-frame, the short tells of a bank heist in a manner that evokes both "The Town" and "The Dark Knight." (Incidentally, it was a Philips-funded film, "The Gift," that provided the springboard for a different up-and-comer, "47 Ronin" director Carl Rinsch.)

Berg's work is admired both by those making "Deadpool" as well as by Reynolds, making him a top contender to land the job, say sources. The movie still has to overcome obstacles before it moves forward. But if it does, it will feature one big star — and a director who may well find himself on the way to becoming one.

— Steven Zeitchik
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: DeAdPoOl?! SpOiLeRs

Postby TheButcher on Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:26 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby King Psyz on Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:18 pm

I read the first act or so last night...

OMFG PLEASE MAKE THIS MOVIE NOW!

B my ass, this is quality work and a sure fire cult classic. It might not set box offices on fire but this will kill in retail for a long, long time as is. With the passion Renyold's has for ol' 'pooley I am confident he'll pull it off and well.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby TheButcher on Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:52 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: DeAdPoOl ReBoOt?!

Postby TheButcher on Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:42 pm

EMPIRE Exclusive:
Shuler Donner talks mutants
As for Deadpool, the movie which will reintroduce Ryan Reynolds as the wise-cracking mercenary who was given such short shrift in Wolverine, Donner confessed that it would be "a total reboot. We're either going to pretend that didn't happen, or mock it, which he could do."
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Ribbons on Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:45 pm

James Gunn is another interesting choice who I'd totally be down with directing Deadpool, especially if he brings a big-budget Troma vibe
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby TheButcher on Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:48 pm

24 FRAMES EXCLUSIVE:
'Deadpool' swims with a new director
There have been few film-development realms as twisty as the search for a director of "Deadpool," the Ryan Reynolds action film based on the Marvel antihero.

Robert Rodriguez had at one time been in negotiations to direct it, but he and studio Fox couldn't make a deal. Swedish director Adam Berg was an intriguing candidate for a while, then he wasn't.

But now the Fox comic-book film appears to have found its director. According to two people who were briefed on the project but not authorized to talk about it publicly, visual-effects savant Tim Miller is set to come on and make his directorial debut with the movie. Fox could not immediately be reached for comment.

Miller knows superheroes, and Fox knows him: The filmmaker worked on effects for the studio's comic-book films such as "X-Men" and "Daredevil." More recently, he worked on effects for the visuals-heavy "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World."

Deadpool, also known as Wade Wilson, is the at times mentally unstable Marvel character who cracked snarky while perpetrating gruesome acts of violence.

Reynolds has a packed schedule, but the film has been a priority for him. The project could also become more of a priority at Fox as another of its superhero hopefuls, "Wolverine," sits without a director in the wake of Darren Aronofsky's departure.

-- Steven Zeitchik

From Deadline:
'X-Men' VFX Wiz Tim Miller To Direct 'Deadpool'
Last edited by TheButcher on Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Ribbons on Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:19 pm

So not Shane Black... or Robert Rodriguez... or James Gunn... but some F/X guy? I don't know enough about Tim Miller to say I'm upset by this decision, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't skeptical.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby TheButcher on Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:51 pm

Ribbons wrote:So not Shane Black... or Robert Rodriguez... or James Gunn... but some F/X guy? I don't know enough about Tim Miller to say I'm upset by this decision, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't skeptical.

From Motion Captured:
'Deadpool' hires FX wizard Tim Miller to direct, but will Ryan Reynolds play the fool?
Drew McWeeny wrote:Let's talk about "Deadpool."

The question was broached a few times to Ryan Reynolds at the recent "Green Lantern" panel at WonderCon in San Francisco, in a few different ways, all boiling down to one main concern: will you still be playing the role of Deadpool?

If so, it's strange territory for Reynolds. One Marvel hero, one DC hero, two different studios. True, it's weirder for Chris Evans, who plays two characters in the Marvel Universe, but it's still a lot to ask for the mainstream audience to accept you as not one but two distinct superheroes in two very different franchises. I guess these days, the genre is so ubiquitous that it's no different than Burt Reynolds playing two different rednecks with fast cars.

The difference between Green Lantern and Deadpool as characters, though, is night and day. Green Lantern is a big broad adventure hero, and the "Star Wars" styled world of that film is designed to appeal to kids and across the board. Based on early drafts of the script by Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick and comments made by Reynolds last weekend (when he said "it would have to be a hard-R"), it's safe to say that Deadpool is being played much closer to the character that has a dedicated cult audience in print. Deadpool is a motor-mouthed mercenary, a killer who regularly breaks the fourth wall to make wisecracks to the audience, and the script that they're working with is kinetic and crazy and ridiculous in some really interesting ways.

For a while, it looked like Ruben Fleischer might direct the film, and Robert Rodriguez was also attached to it, but according to Michael Fleming today, Tim Miller has signed to direct the film, with Reese and Wernick still attached as writers and Lauren Shuler Donner producing.

Wait a minute… Tim who?

Tim Miller is a well-respected name in the FX community, and Blur Studio has done some impressive work for films and in the world of video games. I know people who have worked with Miller, and he's evidently a strong collaborator with a genuine filmmaker's sensibility. One of the projects I wish would get a greenlight somewhere is the "Heavy Metal" anthology that was set to feature segments by Jim Cameron, Zack Snyder, David Fincher, David Prior, and, yes, Tim Miller. I would love to see what that movie would be like, and the descriptions I've heard make it sound like it would have been a hell of a way to introduce guys like Miller and Prior as filmmakers surrounded by names that could have sold some tickets. Instead, it looks like Miller's going to step up to a high-profile gig his first time out.

Already I've seen some people making comparisons to "Spawn," which was directed by FX wizard Mark Dippe, or the Strause Brothers directing "Alien Vs Predator: Requiem," and automatically making the jump to saying that Miller's not a good choice. I think regardless of background, every director is different, and one reason Miller could be an inspired choice is because the script is an enormous technical challenge, and whoever shoots the film is going to have to find a way to bring some pretty outrageous visual ideas to life. Miller could bring his considerable expertise in bringing the impossible to life to bear in figuring out a way to shoot the action.

So if this is released as "X-Men Origins: Deadpool," what does that mean for "X-Men Origins: The Wolverine"? Well, everything I've heard in the last few weeks, since Aronofsky left the film, would suggest that it's not going to be happening this year. That means the studio's going to want to move up something else, and with Miller getting hired, it sounds like "Deadpool" has become their priority. Now the question is whether or not Reynolds is going to be ready to shoot it this summer. He was set to star in "R.I.P.D." as well, but with today's news that Zack Galifianakis is leaving that film, maybe it's because he knows something we don't. Maybe he knows that's not happening. Maybe that's because Reynolds is going to suit up as Wade Wilson first, in-between Green Lantern films.

In the meantime, Matthew Vaughn's racing to the finish line on this summer's "X-Men Origins: First Class," so we'll be getting some mutants onscreen this summer. All that remains to be seen is which ones we'll be seeing next year, and right now, The Merc with the Mouth seems like the strongest candidate.
Last edited by TheButcher on Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Ribbons on Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:51 am

So basically it sounds like this movie's being fast-tracked to fill a slot for Fox next year. This news makes a little bit more sense in that case. Well, nothing wrong with that in theory, but here's hoping Reynolds is still on board as Deadpool. It's the role he was born to play, baby.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Chilli on Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:35 am

If so, it's strange territory for Reynolds. One Marvel hero, one DC hero, two different studios. True, it's weirder for Chris Evans, who plays two characters in the Marvel Universe, but it's still a lot to ask for the mainstream audience to accept you as not one but two distinct superheroes in two very different franchises

Aside from the bad research (Hannibal King ring any bells), is this at all relevant to anything. Deadpool and Green Lantern are NOTHING alike. It's not he'd be typecast in a certain type of character, considering Deadpool's an insane jokester and Hal Jordan is a stubborn jack-ass who routinely breaks Lantern protocol.

It's like saying Robert DeNiro shouldn't have played Al Capone because he played a Young Vito Corleone.
Bison: [to his architect] The temple above us was the wonder of the ancient world. Bisonopolis shall be the wonder of my world. But I think the food court should be larger. All the big franchises will want in.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby Ribbons on Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:14 pm

It makes a certain sort of sense if they're both the kind of heroes who will yield multiple sequels, action figures, blankets, cartoon likenesses, general pop culture ubiquity, etc. But there's nothing inherently confusing about Ryan Reynolds playing two characters in the same genre, I agree. Plus I don't think Deadpool is destined for the pajama pants treatment anytime soon.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Leckomaniac on Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:23 pm

Ribbons wrote:It makes a certain sort of sense if they're both the kind of heroes who will yield multiple sequels, action figures, blankets, cartoon likenesses, general pop culture ubiquity, etc. But there's nothing inherently confusing about Ryan Reynolds playing two characters in the same genre, I agree. Plus I don't think Deadpool is destined for the pajama pants treatment anytime soon.

Yeah.

I mean, as a child it wasn't extremely confusing having Harrison Ford play Han Solo AND Indiana Jones.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby so sorry on Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:55 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:
Ribbons wrote:It makes a certain sort of sense if they're both the kind of heroes who will yield multiple sequels, action figures, blankets, cartoon likenesses, general pop culture ubiquity, etc. But there's nothing inherently confusing about Ryan Reynolds playing two characters in the same genre, I agree. Plus I don't think Deadpool is destined for the pajama pants treatment anytime soon.

Yeah.

I mean, as a child it wasn't extremely confusing having Harrison Ford play Han Solo AND Indiana Jones.

I'm sure there's a legitimate viewpoint that Han Solo and Indiana Jones are so similar to each other too, and it didn't hurt Harrison Ford's career any.

Its an interesting argument actually.

Playing two comic book characters, within a few years of each other, comes across as a bad choice to me. I understand they are very different characters, but they are still both superheros. The way Reynolds plays them might help separate the two, but from the glimpse of Deadpool (from Wolverine) and Green Lantern I've seen he brought his typical Reynolds-irreverance to the roles. Too close for my likes...and I would think he (Reynolds) would want to avoid doing these two movies so close together. Although I'm sure he'll do 3 movies in between (a couple of RomComs and one Indie to balance it out!).
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Chilli on Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:43 pm

I think people are driven by faith and hope if they think Deadpool's going to spawn a franchise, let alone break even.

The character's amusing in the comic, but in bad need of some genuinely good character development. Unless the film is done on the cheap, it's going to struggle to gain the mainstream audience considering it's a niche property. Should be a damn sight better than Kick-Ass, but make a similar amount.
Bison: [to his architect] The temple above us was the wonder of the ancient world. Bisonopolis shall be the wonder of my world. But I think the food court should be larger. All the big franchises will want in.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby Ribbons on Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:31 am

so sorry wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote:

Yeah.

I'm sure there's a legitimate viewpoint that Han Solo and Indiana Jones are so similar to each other too, and it didn't hurt Harrison Ford's career any.

Its an interesting argument actually.

Yeah, maybe you're right. Maybe it even helps in some cases. Kind of like how everybody wanted to see Robin Hood because Russell Crowe looked like Maximus with a longbow. That might not be the best example, but I guess my point is that there's a thin line between typecasting and star power.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby TheButcher on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:19 am

‘Deadpool’ Writers Have Spoken To Mark Millar; Know Script Is Online; Have Tricks Up Their Sleeve
Germain Lussier wrote:We keep reading about is how awesome your Deadpool script is, but that it’s so awesome we might never see it. How would you guys describe the script that’s out there right now that’s so R rated that we can’t…

Rhett Reese: The way I would describe it is to say it’s the best script we’ve ever written and probably ever can write. To us it’s the pinnacle of what we are capable of and we are super proud of it. It will definitely pose a risk, just because it’s an R rated Deadpool and most comic book movies aren’t, but we just think it’s a phenomenal opportunity and we’ve got a wonderful star in Ryan Reynolds and a wonderful director in Tim Miller and we’ve got some wonderful test footage that he did for it. The script is sitting there, we just want it.

Paul Wernick: We really tapped into the character. They say, “write what you know.” It’s ultimately a self hating….

Reese: (Laughs) Exactly. “An irreverent, vile lunatic.”

Have you talked to Mark Millar at all about it?

Reese: We’ve been in touch with Mark, because he’s come on as a consultant for Fox, so we are talking to him and we are….

Wernick: We are beating that drum. It’s the one project that we are so passionate to get made and we are doing everything we can. We have a few tricks up our sleeves still.

Reese: We are living a game of thrones, or trying to.

Wernick: You can find the script online actually. It leaked and there are downloads that you can read it yourself.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Ribbons on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:57 pm

Link to the script or GTFO!
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby TheButcher on Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:11 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re:DeAdPoOl ?!

Postby TheButcher on Thu May 22, 2014 9:00 am

Last edited by TheButcher on Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Ribbons on Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:25 pm

Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby so sorry on Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:38 pm

so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby papalazeru on Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:16 am

I wouldn't get too interested. Deadpool will be watered down to next to nothing. Deadpool is extremely violent and the comedy very much teen talk and obviously Hollywood wouldn't want to give this an NC-17 rating.

I'm also thinking about what they did to Spawn. It was.....average, for such a great character.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

DeAdPoOl ReBoOt?!

Postby TheButcher on Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:20 am

'X-Men' Spinoff 'DeAdPoOl ' Gets Winter 2016 Release Date
At the the same time, Fox takes 'Assassin's Creed' off the summer 2015 calendar, while shifting 'The Fantastic Four' and 'Paper Towns'
Pamela McClintock wrote:On Thursday, the studio announced that the movie will hit theaters Feb. 12, 2016. Tim Miller is set to direct the film, with Ryan Reynolds long rumored to star, although no deal is set. (Bets are that he will.)

The beloved Marvel character DeAdPoOl , aka Wade Wilson, is a talkative mercenary with a host of powers, including the ability to heal rapidly. Reynolds played Wilson in 2009's X-Men Origins: Wolverine, while Scott Adkins played the character of DeAdPoOl after Wilson had transformed.

News of DeAdPoOl's release comes weeks after test footage of the project leaked briefly online. The sequence, featuring Reynolds, was shot several years ago, but nevertheless sparked intense conversation on social media.

In a recent interview, Reynolds commented on the leak, suggesting it helped move the process along. "The movie has been in a state of limbo for a while. There was such an overpowering reaction to the footage, you sort of feel like, 'Oh, so we weren't crazy for our reasons for loving this character, for loving this role.' It's interesting to see the power of the Internet. It's awe-inspiring, actually," the actor told the Niagara Falls Review. "And it's neat that Twitter and Facebook and Instagram can move mountains when used in the right way."

Reynolds, whose turn as the superhero Green Lantern failed at the box office, has been linked to a potential DeAdPoOl solo movie for years, even before he debuted as the character in X-Men Origins: Wolverine. His interest in the property dates back to 2003.

In announcing the DeAdPoOl news, Fox also made other key changes to its release slate, including taking New Regency's Assassin's Creed off the 2015 summer calendar.

The adaptation of the Ubisoft video game, starring Michael Fassbender, was set to open Aug. 7 but won't be ready in time, according to insiders. The script has gone through several rewrites, while the production itself has grappled with scheduling issues. Fox insiders say Assassin's Creed will now hit theaters in 2016.

As a result, Josh Trank's Fantastic Four reboot will move from June 19, 2015, to the Aug. 7 spot, while YA film adaptation Paper Towns — based on the book by John Green — will move up from July 31, 2015, to June 19, the same corridor Fox used to release YA blockbuster The Fault in Our Stars, also based on a Green novel.

Fox is taking a cue from Disney and Marvel in relocating Fantastic Four to August, where Guardians of the Galaxy prospered this summer. For years, August was considered a dumping ground. If anything, Guardians proved that August has the benefit of being less crowded when it comes to tentpoles.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: DeAdPoOl ReBoOt?!

Postby TheButcher on Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:06 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: tHe DeAdPoOl ReBoOt?!

Postby TheButcher on Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:05 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: tHe DeAdPoOl ReBoOt?!

Postby papalazeru on Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:20 am

Unfortunately, also horribly obvious.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Holy Chimichangas! DeAdPoOl the book is now the movie!

Postby TheButcher on Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:28 pm

Holy Chimichangas! Ryan Reynolds Will Star In The New Deadpool Movie
Ryan Reynolds In ‘DeAdPoOl’ Deal
Mike Fleming Jr wrote:EXCLUSIVE:
Fox is closing a deal with Ryan Reynolds for a feature on Deadpool, the character he originated in X-Men Origins: Wolverine. The film, which Fox is making in conjunction with Marvel Studios, is being directed by Tim Miller, who has done strong visual effects work through his VFX house Blur Films. Miller has been developing the film for several years, from a script by Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick, with Lauren Shuler Donner and Simon Kinberg producing. Reynolds and other cast have posted photos of Deadpool on Twitter, so clearly this is going. Production begins in March.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

PreviousNext

Return to Movie Discussion