I AM LEGEND

New movies! Old movies! B-movies! Discuss discuss discuss!!!

Am you Legend?

I Like Legend
60%
I Hate Legend
8%
I Meh Legend
21%
I Kong Legend
10%

Total votes : 48

Postby tapehead on Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:09 pm

DennisMM wrote:Ah, it's a Will Smith film.

And that is the core of the equation.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:57 am

DennisMM wrote:No reason to mention "I am legend" at all if Neville is alive. The alternate is not bad in that it tries to access the horror Neville feels in the book when he learns he's killed dozens, perhaps hundreds, of living humans. Not one tenth of the power, though, and why does only the chief seeker show much intelligence? Ah, it's a Will Smith film. No need for explanations.

Big studly +1.

Although to listen to the big fella the others require a modicum of intelligence themselves, which can be seen in their faces as he admonishes them. The CGI's still a bit wank but they convey emotion pretty well in this scene.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Evil Hobbit on Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:19 am

May I ask, what is the books ending? Or should I just read it :P
Evil Hobbit
AIRWOLF

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:21 am

Personally I think the book's awesome so you should read it, most def'. It's very different to the movie.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby The Vicar on Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:45 am

Evil Hobbit wrote:May I ask, what is the books ending? Or should I just read it :P

Read the book.
The film was shite.
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Postby Fried Gold on Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:19 am

I liked it, but at the same time I hated it.

The problem with both endings is that neither of them really fit the film....a film which is such a edited, post-production mix of ideas that any ending would possibly feel a bit tacked on.

I don't mind the theatrical ending. I don't mind this ending. The bigger issue is about preferring in bit more coherence and consistency in the film as a whole.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:49 am

It is more coherent and consistent with the film as a whole... not sure how that can be argued? I guess you could prefer one over the other, but this adds some closure as to the intelligence of the creatures and their motivation, whereas I don't remember the other version having that.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Maui on Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:10 am

Evil Hobbit wrote:May I ask, what is the books ending? Or should I just read it :P

Read the book, it's great. I read the book in a day, then saw Legend right afterwards. What a huge letdown. Even if I hadn't read the book, I would have still thought the film was a mess. It was the "Will Smith Show" with a Bob Marley soundtrack. I have yet to see the alternate ending, but in reading a few of the comments above, it appears that they are making the seekers appear intelligent at the end, when Neville is locked in his lab (up against the glass). Is this like a, OH WOW, they are intelligent after all twist? I don't really buy that, but I will wait til I see the alternate ending to form an opinion. Like I've said before in this thread, the dark seekers are just a bunch of gooey CGI (that goes for their brains too), so to all of a sudden reflect that they have some smarts in the final scene just doesn't jive at all with me.
Maui
WoWie

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:04 am

Maui wrote:

Read the book, it's great. I read the book in a day, then saw Legend right afterwards. What a huge letdown. Even if I hadn't read the book, I would have still thought the film was a mess. It was the "Will Smith Show" with a Bob Marley soundtrack. I have yet to see the alternate ending, but in reading a few of the comments above, it appears that they are making the seekers appear intelligent at the end, when Neville is locked in his lab (up against the glass). Is this like a, OH WOW, they are intelligent after all twist? I don't really buy that, but I will wait til I see the alternate ending to form an opinion. Like I've said before in this thread, the dark seekers are just a bunch of gooey CGI (that goes for their brains too), so to all of a sudden reflect that they have some smarts in the final scene just doesn't jive at all with me.

I gotta disagree a bit here. The big guy seems to show intelligence throughout the movie without a payoff in the first cut and it's merely blown off by Smith. The shock in discovering that actually, they're not just dumb beasts needing to be cured is otherwise pretty well conveyed in the alternate ending, plus it ties in to the suspicions the audience have been given that he was actively hunting him all along. The evidence is pretty much all there - when the girl creature is taken, the big one is there almost ready to leap into the sunlight to kill her.

The big guy then sets up a clever trap to get Will, which given the alternate ending is far, far more understandable - Will tells us they're mindless, but then we find out they're not. Then, finally, leads a charge to kill him - maybe even from that point on the dark seekers aren't out necessarily to kill him, but to capture him, who knows? All at once putting himself at unnecessary risk of death.

The alternate basically wraps that whole thing up quite neatly, rather than the heroic martyr rubbish followed by trip into a hidden human paradise bullcrap. In fact it even leads up to the idea of a better sequel, heh, if you like Will Smith.

I quite like the film, it's pretty brave for a Hollywood flick in that it favours quiet over bombast. Nowadays that can only be commended. It fucked up by not giving me the book onscreen, but it pretty much satisfied me otherwise, and with this ending - which I'm praying they do a 1408 with on the DVD (different ending on the UK edition, still a bag o'shite movie) - I probably would've felt happier with the closure.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby judderman on Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:52 am

Great review Atom

I think the original ending stays true to the message of Matheson's novel, if not the spirit; Matheson's ending was a vindictive snarl at human moral pretensions, whereas this one was more compassionate and moon-eyed. Still, it worked.

I love Matheson's novel. I think today's world could learn from it. Absolute morality is in these days, even among atheists, and I think a nasty lesson in moral relativism would do the world some good.
judderman
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby Maui on Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:18 am

AtomicHyperbole wrote:
I gotta disagree a bit here. The big guy seems to show intelligence throughout the movie

That is assuming that he set up the Fred Trap. They are highly intelligent in the book, they just didn't come across that way to me, in the film.

We will agree to disagree. ;)

I do remember a scene where the big guy states he has a law degree at harvard. Do you recall that scene?
Maui
WoWie

Postby Shan on Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:39 am

In the alternate ending, should he not have still taken those 10 seconds or so to take a blood sample like he did the theatrical? So then he could still make a cure, or at least a vaccine for those normal humans who don't want to end up infected at least. Seems to have not done that here.

P.S Like everyone else said, where'd that bridge come from they drove over? Mind you, it probably doesn't matter. The whole quarantine idea was stupid as any clinical trial with that so called cancer cure would have been all over the country, not just one island. In fact, the trial would have had years of animal trials first before people ... oh never mind.

P.P.S Should have had a whole bunch of UV lights in his house, hydroponic growers of marijuana manage it all the time. Or at least a few extra guns in the lab. Or a better door to lock himself in until the sun came up ... once again, never mind.
Shan
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby tapehead on Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:43 am

judderman wrote:Great review Atom

I think the original ending stays true to the message of Matheson's novel, if not the spirit; Matheson's ending was a vindictive snarl at human moral pretensions, whereas this one was more compassionate and moon-eyed. Still, it worked.

Since the ending didn't work for me, care to explain how it 'stayed true to the message' of the novel? I've thought about your contention in this post, but just can't reconcile it to my reading of the novel, nor my reception of the film (I'm not singling you out, just curious). If anything the film's conclusion seemed antithetical to the book's in my view.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:16 pm

Maui wrote:
AtomicHyperbole wrote:
I gotta disagree a bit here. The big guy seems to show intelligence throughout the movie

That is assuming that he set up the Fred Trap. They are highly intelligent in the book, they just didn't come across that way to me, in the film.

We will agree to disagree. ;)

I do remember a scene where the big guy states he has a law degree at harvard. Do you recall that scene?

HAHA. Very funny, Doctor Jones, very funny.

:wink:

Well, given that first the big creature almost leaps into full sunlight to "rescue" the girl, then later Will drives along and see's a dummy where it shouldn't be, followed by that being a trap and his waking up to two evidently trained snarling dogs... yes, I'd say that's an indicator of intelligence. Given the context of the new ending, its a bigger assumption to say "Neville's gone a bit mental and moving his mannequins all over the place" when we're generally following him about and see what he's up to. The original ending meant you had to make a leap of logic as to how that came about... now you know they're capable of some level of communcation and abstract thought, albeit possibly on the level of a mentally handicapped person, the leap is easier to make.

The creature, after all, in the new ending is hardly standing up smoking a pipe and saying "pip pip, old chap, do hand over my darling, there's a good fellow". It's still restraining itself somewhat and the others look quite ready to devour Neville as he reintroduces the virus to the girl. So the level of intelligence, although there, is somewhat low.

This is more in tune with the book, if only in theme. Will realises that the creatures he's basically been treating as diseased, barely functioning lab rats are capable of human connections, emotion and some degree of communication and intellect. The shot of the dark seeker looking over his shoulder at the selection of photographs of previous experiments before he departs, and Will's expression showing his guilt at his discovery, actually ties it into the novel moreso than the previous ending.

Sure, it ISN'T the novel, but it's more in tune with it and brings together some of the plot points previously left behind.
Last edited by AtomicHyperbole on Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby bluebottle on Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:19 pm

in the book, neville thinks he's ridding the world of monsters, while searching for a cure - only to find out in the end that they aren't monsters, they're just the next step in evolution. he's the monster.

the new ending reflects that by having will realize that he's been wrong the whole time... his attempt to help them is actually hurting them.

edit: what atomic said.
Last edited by bluebottle on Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:19 pm

^this
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby so sorry on Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:42 pm

bluebottle wrote:in the book, neville thinks he's ridding the world of monsters, while searching for a cure - only to find out in the end that they aren't monsters, they're just the next step in evolution. he's the monster.

I only read the book once, a few years ago, but I'm not sure I agree with that statement. Book Neville realizes that he is the monster from the vampires point-of-view. I don't remember him saying anything about them being the next step in the evolution of man. But again, I only read it once, so no doubt I could be wrong.

bluebottle wrote:the new ending reflects that by having will realize that he's been wrong the whole time... his attempt to help them is actually hurting them.

again, I disagree. Movie Neville isn't wrong in his attempt to find a cure. He's wrong in believing that the vampires WANT to be cured. And quite frankly, neither ending proves that the vampires are smart enough to understand that they can be cured.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Maui on Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:43 pm

Trained dogs?

They are just infected, ferocious dogs that see Sam and want to attack him. A natural instinct for most dogs.

Well to me, in how you describe the ending, it does seem that they are trying to be more in tune with the book. However, imo, I just didn't see enough sign of intelligence throughout the movie for this ending to jive. And no, I'm not wanting anything obviously intelligent, that's too easy, just clever little hints here and there. I was never convinced the Fred Trap was setup by the seekers. That is alot of assuming. That assumes they are following Neville to the video store, watching him talk with the mannequins (talk with Fred), that they are purposely trying to mess with him mentally. That's giving them too much credit. We only see them running in a frenzy, growling, smashing up against things, and speed climbing walls.

My 2 cents, not worth much, but it's something to me.
Maui
WoWie

Postby Fried Gold on Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:50 pm

AtomicHyperbole wrote:It is more coherent and consistent with the film as a whole... not sure how that can be argued? I guess you could prefer one over the other, but this adds some closure as to the intelligence of the creatures and their motivation, whereas I don't remember the other version having that.

I think it's consistent which A version of the film...probably the one they started out making. This ending picks up on the dangling thread about the evolution of the infected, but it's doesn't neccesarily fit in entirely.

As I said before, we've got to see two versions of the same film edited together. Both endings fit and work, both have their reasons for inclusion, both are open for criticism.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:55 pm

Maui wrote:Trained dogs?

They are just infected, ferocious dogs that see Sam and want to attack him. A natural instinct for most dogs.

Well to me, in how you describe the ending, it does seem that they are trying to be more in tune with the book. However, imo, I just didn't see enough sign of intelligence throughout the movie for this ending to jive. And no, I'm not wanting anything obviously intelligent, that's too easy, just clever little hints here and there. I was never convinced the Fred Trap was setup by the seekers. That is alot of assuming. That assumes they are following Neville to the video store, watching him talk with the mannequins (talk with Fred), that they are purposely trying to mess with him mentally. That's giving them too much credit. We only see them running in a frenzy, growling, smashing up against things, and speed climbing walls.

But the big dude is holding two dogs back, iirc with leashes. At either an INCREDIBLY convenient moment or Neville had been set up - and given what we know from the new ending, it makes a whole lot more sense without taking a massive leap of imagination that it was a setup. The context has completely changed from what went before, and it makes a lot more sense. What was the dummy doing there if not to lure Neville in? It's not a huge leap, given later being revealed as having intelligence and the near CONSTANT presence of the big guy, that Neville is being hunted - from the moment he stole his girl from him.

The intelligence of the creatures is not on a level with humans, but they're basically intelligent enough to act like cavemen. I dunno, I can buy that.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:59 pm

Fried Gold wrote:
AtomicHyperbole wrote:It is more coherent and consistent with the film as a whole... not sure how that can be argued? I guess you could prefer one over the other, but this adds some closure as to the intelligence of the creatures and their motivation, whereas I don't remember the other version having that.

I think it's consistent which A version of the film...probably the one they started out making. This ending picks up on the dangling thread about the evolution of the infected, but it's doesn't neccesarily fit in entirely.

As I said before, we've got to see two versions of the same film edited together. Both endings fit and work, both have their reasons for inclusion, both are open for criticism.

I'd need a rundown before I can sit back and agree, really. I don't think the older ending really feels complete other than it's at the end of an action sequence and there's an explosion, the pair run off and find some kind of nirvana up north. I don't remember there being a whole lot more than that to tie things up.

I'd also say the evolution of the infected, given the previous discussion and how people had to rely on assumptions before, was a pretty big thread to be made redundant. Personally I think you could combine the two easily... have the woman and child escape, have Neville martyr himself AND have the dark seeker couple head off into the sunset. Not sure I'd dig it as much though.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fried Gold on Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:05 pm

AtomicHyperbole wrote:
Fried Gold wrote:

I'd need a rundown before I can sit back and agree, really. I don't think the older ending really feels complete other than it's at the end of an action sequence and there's an explosion, the pair run off and find some kind of nirvana up north. I don't remember there being a whole lot more than that to tie things up.

I'd also say the evolution of the infected, given the previous discussion and how people had to rely on assumptions before, was a pretty big thread to be made redundant. Personally I think you could combine the two easily... have the woman and child escape, have Neville martyr himself AND have the dark seeker couple head off into the sunset. Not sure I'd dig it as much though.

I think your last point was perhaps what I was trying to say in a roundabout fashion. The film is a mix of two different things, so maybe the ending should have been as well.

The alternative ending works at rounding up that thread, but I think it gives a little too much intelligence and awareness to the infected. Yes, they're shown to be evolving...but not quite to the extent of getting into his lab, then waiting patiently for Neville to revive the mate, then leaving nicely without eating him.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Shan on Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:21 pm

I think the box office gross was more than large enough to guarantee another film. Given that they are slightly hamstrung by the theatrical ending (in terms of having Will Smith in it), they would probably go the route of setting it after the crisis started but before the movie.

Which if done right could be quite good if done properly: showing other survivors, Neville hunting the Dark Seekers during the day, fighting them off at night and repeatedly being besieged (though I guess a different house or something to remain consistent with the I am Legend movie) - ie more things from the book we didn't see this time around.
Shan
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby bluebottle on Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:53 pm

you guys are debating "impressions" at this point. so sorry, you're right, i don't think neville said, "next step in evolution" in the book - but that was a conclusion i was under the impression he had come to.

a lot of this stuff is between the lines, and open to interpretation.

i watched the new ending and felt like it resolved a few things that were only hinted at throught the film, and felt a little more satisfied - AND i felt like it was more in the spirit of the book.

but if you don't believe that the infected set the trap, then you're not going to find the end very satisfying.

now, whether or not the infected set the trap IS DEBATABLE, because it's not entirely clear. only the filmmaker knows for sure, and it's possible that he left if vague on purpose.
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Maui on Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:11 pm

bluebottle wrote:
a lot of this stuff is between the lines, and open to interpretation.

now, whether or not the infected set the trap IS DEBATABLE, because it's not entirely clear. only the filmmaker knows for sure, and it's possible that he left if vague on purpose.

Yes indeedy!
Maui
WoWie

Postby Cha-Ka Khan on Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:50 pm

Judging from the direction they went with the film, I don't think either ending ultimately work.

:sad:
Cha-Ka Khan
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby RogueScribner on Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:47 am

I've never seen the film, but I liked the alternate ending vs what I've read about the theatrical ending. As someone stated before, very Terminator-esque. What I don't like is pointless sacrifice, a la Data's "death" in Nemesis, so I think I would have hated the theatrical ending. If you're gonna sacrifice yourself, it really should seem like there's no better alternative, like Spock in Wrath of Kahn! :) Plus the whole commune thing sounds ALF. I like the open-endedness of the alt ending where they may be survivors out there, but no one is sure.
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Pacino86845 on Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:02 am

The alternate ending is SOOOO much better than the original... Will Smith's sacrifice in the original came across as very random and sort of useless, plus the happy camp at the end took the movie down a notch IMO. Ok, so the annoying lady and her kid can't be excised from the movie at this point, but at least the vampires are officially shown to be "good" with this new ending and there's no more happy camp!! Never read the book, so I'd originally thought the movie was decent enough, this new ending actually makes it ok. Dunno if I'd rate it higher, but I'm more pleased with it in any case.
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby magicmonkey on Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:03 am

All I gotta say at this point is watch "This Quiet Earth", "Night of the Comet" or the BBC serialisation of "Day of the Triffids".

No Shrek in them.
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:12 am

I really need to see This Quiet Earth... Day of the Triffids was absolutely terrifying for me as a kid. Fucked me up but GOOOD... is it still scary now?
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby magicmonkey on Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:20 am

Yeah, I found it out here, and was thoroughly impressed with how it holds up, it still sent a reminiscent shiver down my spine.
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby Fried Gold on Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:33 am

magicmonkey wrote:All I gotta say at this point is watch "This Quiet Earth", "Night of the Comet" or the BBC serialisation of "Day of the Triffids".

No Shrek in them.

Night of the Comet is a bit dodgy, not helps by the entire premise being completely flawed (regardless of it attempting to be science fiction or not).

But yeah, The Quiet Earth and BBC Triffids are definite watchers.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby magicmonkey on Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:18 am

Fried Gold wrote:
magicmonkey wrote:All I gotta say at this point is watch "This Quiet Earth", "Night of the Comet" or the BBC serialisation of "Day of the Triffids".

No Shrek in them.

Night of the Comet is a bit dodgy, not helps by the entire premise being completely flawed (regardless of it attempting to be science fiction or not).

Haha, conceded. I managed to find a bootleg of it and only made it through the first 10mins, but from memories of my first viewing in the early 90's, it stands above "I am Legend" 2007.
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

I AM LEGEND

Postby bastard_robo on Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:54 pm

AtomicHyperbole wrote:
Maui wrote:Trained dogs?

But the big dude is holding two dogs back, iirc with leashes. At either an INCREDIBLY convenient moment or Neville had been set up - and given what we know from the new ending, it makes a whole lot more sense without taking a massive leap of imagination that it was a setup. The context has completely changed from what went before, and it makes a lot more sense. What was the dummy doing there if not to lure Neville in? It's not a huge leap, given later being revealed as having intelligence and the near CONSTANT presence of the big guy, that Neville is being hunted - from the moment he stole his girl from him.

The intelligence of the creatures is not on a level with humans, but they're basically intelligent enough to act like cavemen. I dunno, I can buy that.

I think what we're all forgetting, if you've read the book, is that they compleatly destroyed Cortman's character and made the main antagoinst of the book, a vamipre who killed Neville's wife and constantly mocked him every night and was constatnly dodging Nevilles attempts to kill him. He drove Neville mad! And he knew it. He was cunning and a proper villain. To cut him down to a almost mindless brute is just lame ass on 4 levels.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Re: I AM LEGEND

Postby Maui on Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:40 pm

bastard_robo wrote:
I think what we're all forgetting, if you've read the book, is that they compleatly destroyed Cortman's character and made the main antagoinst of the book, a vamipre who killed Neville's wife and constantly mocked him every night and was constatnly dodging Nevilles attempts to kill him. He drove Neville mad! And he knew it. He was cunning and a proper villain. To cut him down to a almost mindless brute is just lame ass on 4 levels.

Cortman wasn't in the movie. The big dude is just the gooey CGI leader not Cortman. I also read the book and leaving Cortman out of the movie was just criminal.
Maui
WoWie

Postby bastard_robo on Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:16 pm

Maui wrote:
bastard_robo wrote:

Cortman wasn't in the movie. The big dude is just the gooey CGI leader not Cortman. I also read the book and leaving Cortman out of the movie was just criminal.

Cortman was in the original FAR superior script.

I firmly belive that when they decided to focus everything on Neville, that cortman got tossed to the side and his character was demoted to the Alpha Male...

Not to mention, that the INFECTED did not act at all like real Vampires, they were just photosensitve.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Maui on Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:12 pm

bastard_robo wrote:
I firmly belive that when they decided to focus everything on Neville, that cortman got tossed to the side and his character was demoted to the Alpha Male...

Yup, likely so.
Maui
WoWie

Postby bastard_robo on Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:13 pm

Maui wrote:
bastard_robo wrote:

Yup, likely so.

Which is a shame, if left untouched, Cortman could have been an all time cinema villian!

Insted, a crappy flesh colored hulk thing.
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Maui on Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:27 pm

bastard_robo wrote:
Maui wrote:
b astard_robo wrote:

Yup, likely so.

Which is a shame, if left untouched, Cortman could have been an all time cinema villian!

I remember in the book, reading about Cortman, how he visited Neville nightly, knocking on his door, tormenting him. I fully expected to see that on the big screen. Oh well!!

In the book, they were buddies at first, drove to work together. They could have had a great go of that on the big screen, showing that transition, etc.

Regardless of following the book or not - I thought the film was a big mess and a disappointment. I am curious to see the alternate endings on the DVD though.

:evil:
Maui
WoWie

Postby bastard_robo on Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:42 pm

Maui wrote:
bastard_robo wrote:
M aui wrote:
b astard_robo wrote:

Yup, likely so.

I remember in the book, reading about Cortman, how he visited Neville nightly, knocking on his door, tormenting him. I fully expected to see that on the big screen. Oh well!!

In the book, they were buddies at first, drove to work together. They could have had a great go of that on the big screen, showing that transition, etc.

Regardless of following the book or not - I thought the film was a big mess and a disappointment. I am curious to see the alternate endings on the DVD though.

:evil:

The Alt Ending kinda kills the point of the title..
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Al Shut on Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:32 am

Again two years late to the party

and I have nothing more to say than meh

but I do find it funny how on the first three pages or so of this thread people were fearing a gun blazing action movie only to be upset when learning Will Smith doesn't become legendary vampire hunter W at all.

Maybe there's a lesson about judging movies at first announcement somewhere in there
Note to myself: Fix this image shit!
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby TheButcher on Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:44 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Previous

Return to Movie Discussion