Cloverfield 2... IT'S COMING! IT'S COMING? (SPOILERS?)

New movies! Old movies! B-movies! Discuss discuss discuss!!!

Re: Cloverfield 2... IT'S COMING! IT'S COMING! (SPOILERS?)

Postby TheButcher on Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:36 am

From MTV:
'Let Me In' Is 'Darker' Than 'Twilight,' Director Matt Reeves Says
Eric Ditzian wrote:MTV:
Where are you and J.J. Abrams at with the "Cloverfield" sequel? Is it actually going to happen?

Reeves:

It continues to percolate. There are ideas that come up and they go away and come back and, to be honest, I can't really tell you whether or not, or how exactly, it will happen, and, in fact, it may happen with me in a very differently capacity. I might not even direct it. It really just completely depends on how things come together. I know that there definitely is an intention to do something, and we really want to do something great, and it just comes down to how things develop. Obviously, J.J. is always busy with a million things, and he's got a personal project that he is really crazy about, in addition to a new TV show, and also he just came off of that little movie called "Star Trek," which was amazing. And, actually, [writer] Drew [Goddard], he just did a movie, which is supposed to be just fantastic, "Cabin in the Woods." All of us would obviously want to find a way for him to work on the film. But everyone is doing stuff. We definitely want to do something, and I know J.J. has some ideas for some things he wants to do too in terms of it, so we'll see how it develops. I truly can't tell you anything beyond that, because it is literally constantly evolving, and it may come out in a form that is completely surprising and very, very different.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:40 pm

From MTV:
Director Matt Reeves Says A 'Cloverfield' Sequel 'Very Well May Happen'
Josh Wigler wrote:On January 18th, 2008, "Cloverfield" wreaked havoc upon the citizens of New York City and theatergoers nationwide — and it left fans of horror and monster movies wanting more. But given the secretive nature that surrounded the J.J. Abrams-produced project, there have been very few words offered on the status of a possible "Cloverfield" sequel.

Over the weekend at South By Southwest, MTV's very own Josh Horowitz had the opportunity to speak with "Cloverfield" director Matt Reeves about the status of a sequel to the 2008 thriller.

"I can tell you nothing, [but] there are these spikes in activity," he said when asked about a second "Cloverfield" movie. "There are things that we keep talking about and things spike up. It very well may happen."

Reeves said that the current core group of "Cloverfield" thinkers consists of himself, Abrams, producer Bryan Burk and screenwriter Drew Goddard, though "there are other people who may get involved as well." Still, the director cautioned fans to remain patient, as it would take some time for "Cloverfield 2" to hit theaters.

"There's a personal project that J.J. is about to do," he said. "J.J. is in the early stages of what he's doing and he's getting consumed by it. The amazing thing about J.J. — when I get into something, I get tunnel vision. He's amazing at focusing but also amazing at multitasking."

Despite Abrams' hectic schedule and Reeves' own hefty workload — he's currently in post-production on "Let Me In," the vampire thriller starring Chloe Moretz and Kodi Smit-McPhee — the director said that "there are constant talks about" pursuing a "Cloverfield" sequel.

IMDB: Untitled Cloverfield Sequel (2011)
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:37 am

From Cinemablend:
Empty Promises: You Want Them But These Movies Will Never Happen
Josh Tyler wrote:Cloverfield 2

Cloverfield existed in a specific place and time and captured something special among movie audiences. They've been promising a sequel to it since the first one debuted in early 2008, but the longer it takes the less likely it seems. Cloverfield just isn't the kind of movie that people keep caring about and interest wanes more with every passing day. Besides, how do you follow up a movie which revolved primarily on not showing you the monster? How many times can that gimmick really work? It was great once, but how do you do a real sequel to that? How do you keep inventing excuses to hide something the size of a skyscraper? You can't and you don't. At best Cloverfield is likely to turn into just another Godzilla movie and if they're doing that, then let's ditch the alien bug thingy and bring in the actual, you know, Godzilla. He has experience at this sort of thing. When it comes to stomping Tokyo flat, nobody does a better job than Japan's favorite giant lizard. Cloverfield 2 is still being promised but there's been so little actual movement in the two years since the original one that it feels like the moment has passed.

Does anybody here care if Cloverfield 2 happens? Now that Godzilla is back does Cloverfield matter?
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby bastard_robo on Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:28 am

TheButcher wrote:From Cinemablend:
Empty Promises: You Want Them But These Movies Will Never Happen
Josh Tyler wrote:Cloverfield 2

Cloverfield existed in a specific place and time and captured something special among movie audiences. They've been promising a sequel to it since the first one debuted in early 2008, but the longer it takes the less likely it seems. Cloverfield just isn't the kind of movie that people keep caring about and interest wanes more with every passing day. Besides, how do you follow up a movie which revolved primarily on not showing you the monster? How many times can that gimmick really work? It was great once, but how do you do a real sequel to that? How do you keep inventing excuses to hide something the size of a skyscraper? You can't and you don't. At best Cloverfield is likely to turn into just another Godzilla movie and if they're doing that, then let's ditch the alien bug thingy and bring in the actual, you know, Godzilla. He has experience at this sort of thing. When it comes to stomping Tokyo flat, nobody does a better job than Japan's favorite giant lizard. Cloverfield 2 is still being promised but there's been so little actual movement in the two years since the original one that it feels like the moment has passed.

NO.. No one gives a shit... With a new Godzilla coming, asking for another cloverfield would be like asking for a wine cooler over a bottle of Jack Daniels
Does anybody here care if Cloverfield 2 happens? Now that Godzilla is back does Cloverfield matter?
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby TheButcher on Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:53 am

bastard_robo wrote:NO.. No one gives a shit... With a new Godzilla coming, asking for another cloverfield would be like asking for a wine cooler over a bottle of Jack Daniels

:lol:
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby DennisMM on Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:15 pm

They could make 2 much more interesting if the creature were a lion and huge.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby TheButcher on Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:06 pm

DennisMM wrote:They could make 2 much more interesting if the creature were a lion and huge.

That never gets old :lol:

Rob's Awesome!
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby DerLanghaarige on Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:38 am

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if there suddenly a trailer for Cloverfield 2 pops up before Iron Man 2. I mean, just remember how nobody knew that part 1 got made until the infamous teaser showed up before Transfomers!
But I doubt it will be cooler than this:
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby TheButcher on Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:17 pm

IGN Exclusive September 23, 2010:
Cloverfield 2 Update
IGN caught up with Cloverfield director Matt Reeves today to discuss his latest project - vampire flick Let Me In, but while we had him sat down, we grabbed the opportunity to ask him about Cloverfield 2.

"We talk about it sporadically" he explained of the eagerly anticipated sequel. "But [producer] J.J. [Abrams] has just started shooting Super 8 - I talked to him the other day and he's shooting in West Virginia and it's very exciting. And [writer] Drew [Goddard] has just finished his first directing gig - the movie he wrote with J.J. Cabin in the Woods, and I've been doing Let Me In. We've all been very busy, so we haven't really had time to focus on it.

"But it is something that we'd all love to do if we could find the right idea" he continued. "We have ideas, but we have different ideas, so which one do we go with? We want to do something with it that feels fresh to us. The first experience was so unusual. I learned so much doing it and it was an incredible thrill, so we want to find a way, if we do it again, to do it with that same level of enthusiasm and excitement."

As to whether he'd definitely direct it, Reeves said "It could take another form. I would love to direct it, but we've talked about different incarnations too. Really it depends on how the idea comes about, and what that idea becomes. If it becomes the kind of idea that I feel like I would want to kill myself if I didn't direct, then I'll certainly do everything I can to direct it, but we've talked about other versions of it as well, so I don't know in what form Cloverfield 2 will finally emerge, but we are differently interested in doing it."

From Hollywood News October 21, 2010:
Cloverfield director Matt Reeves breaks silence on sequel
LET ME IN filmmaker Matt Reeves has spoken publicly about his desire to film a sequel to the 2008 monster movie CLOVERFIELD.

He has revealed that he still hopes to make CLOVERFIELD 2, although he admits the sequel is still a long way off. Speaking at the London premiere of his new film LET ME IN, Reeves admitted that he is yet to have meaningful discussions with his producer JJ Abrams, who is currently hard at work on the veiled science-fiction project SUPER 8.

He stated, “We’ll see. It’s very, very early right now. JJ’s still making Super 8 right now and I’ve just finished this so there’s literally no news yet. But hopefully we’ll find the right idea and we’ll do it.”

Matt also spokeof how his desire to make LET ME IN ;coming to him after he was inspired by John Ajvide Lindqvist’s Swedish novel LET THE RIGHT ONE IN ,was nearly stopped in it’s tracks by a lack of suitably impressive actors coming on board however it seems he was eventually satisfied with Chloe Moretz and Kodi Smit-McPhee, who were unknown at the time.

He said: “I started searching for the actors and I became worried that we weren’t going to find them. Literally, when we found these two I was like ‘we can make this movie’. They were extraordinary.

Reeves has said LET ME IN should not be compared to TWILIGHT, despite being about a vampire. He went on to explain that “unlike TWILIGHT, which is so stylised and sort of grand, this is very intimate and realistic tale.”

From MTV 01/26/2010:
'Cloverfield 2' Update: Matt Reeves And J.J. Abrams Haven't Found Right 'Idea' Yet
Kara Warner wrote:In the spirit of the old adage, "No news is good news," the filmmakers behind "Cloverfield" — director Matt Reeves, Writer Drew Goddard and Producer J.J. Abrams — are still thinking about a sequel. They just haven't put any words to paper yet.

MTV News caught up with Reeves today to chat about the upcoming Blu-ray and DVD release of "Let Me In" (expect more detailed info on those special features — specifically the car crash sequence — soon) and naturally had to ask about the progress on "Cloverfield 2."

"We would love to do it, we just haven’t figured out the idea that we want to do yet," Reeves said honestly. "J.J. [Abrams] has been very busy with 'Super 8' and he’s really busy with it now, obviously because they’ve got a release date to make and he’s busily working in editorial," he explained.

Reeves went on to say that the chief obstacle in getting the project under way is finding the time to work on it, since all invested parties are now busy working on other projects.

"Drew Goddard, he made a movie in the interim which hasn’t come out yet called 'Cabin in the Woods,' and he’s now writing a movie for Steven Spielberg called 'Robopocalypse,'" Reeves said. "So everybody is very, very busy, but we do constantly talk about trying to find a moment to get together so we can sit down and talk about what we think would be the best version of doing something like that because we think it would be really fun to do. Hopefully we’ll have time in the near future to start talking about it."

Reeves added that although they're all distracted by other things, he does think about the sequel frequently.

"It’s always in the back of my mind. It’s always there," he said and advised fans eager for the second installment to send their good vibes his way at any time.

From STYD January 26, 2011:
Matt Reeves Talks Invisible Woman & Cloverfield 2
Before you're led to believe that the director of Let Me In is attached to a remake of the 1940 film The Invisible Woman or is doing some sort of Fantastic Four spin-off, let us explain.

During today's chat with Reeves, who has hit the press circuit to discuss the DVD and Blu-Ray release of Let Me In, the director told us he's still gunning to get a project called The Invisible Woman off of the ground.

"Naomi Watts was supposed to do it, but she had a conflict and fell out of the project," he says. "I'm still trying to get that made. It's a very intimate character story, with a similar tone to Let Me In, a Hitchcockian suspense style. It's an anatomy of this one woman's desperation. You follow her through ever step of what seems like extreme behavior, but at the end you hopefully see why every step was made."

As for the sequel to Cloverfield, it's all a matter of getting everyone on the same page.

"At the time, it was an idea that was fresh and exciting to make," says Reeves. "I never shot a movie in that style before, but it was an incredible experience. We always thought there was more to explore, but we haven't had the time to get together to discuss it. J.J. [Abrams] and Drew [Goddard] and myself need to get together and figure it out, then it will be the right time to do it."

With Abrams wrapping up work on Super 8 and possibly doing Star Trek 2 next, scheduling might be difficult. Goddard, meanwhile, is awaiting the release of his film The Cabin in the Woods while penning Robopocalypse.

BLOODY DISGUSTING EXCLUSIVE January 26, 2011:
Matt Reeves 'Cloverfield 2' Update: It May Never Happen
Chris Eggertsen wrote:While fans of the first Cloverfield are understandably drooling for the day Cloverfield 2 finally makes its way to the big screen, in an interview with B-D reporter Chris Eggertsen earlier today director Matt Reeves (talking about the Feb. 1st DVD/Blu-ray release of Let Me In) claimed that producer J.J. Abrams, screenwriter Drew Goddard, and himself just haven't had a chance to meet yet to hash out a story - and that if they don't figure out something they're all happy with once they do get together, the project could in fact never happen. In other words: the sequel isn't dead, but it's not exactly on the fast-track either.

"Unfortunately, I don't have any [news]," said Reeves. "We're just...you know, somebody was saying to me that I had said something about, 'well, we're gonna try and get the band back together.' And the band is still not back together, we're just still talking about getting back together. But we haven't really had a chance to talk about it. I mean, J.J. is eding 'Super 8' right now, he's got a very, very intense schedule right now that he's working on. And Drew [Goddard] is writing Steven Spielberg's next movie, I think, after the Abraham Lincoln film. He's doing 'Robopocalypse'. So everybody's very, very busy. But I'm sure we'll get together one of these days and sort of bounce it around until we come up with something that we get excited about. And if we don't, then we won't make it."

We'll keep you posted on any future news...hopefully they can find a way to make this one work.

MOVIEWEB EXCLUSIVE Jan 26, 2011: Matt Reeves Talks Cloverfield 2
Brian Gallagher wrote:Earlier today I had the chance to speak with director Matt Reeves, who is promoting the home video release of Let Me In on Blu-ray and DVD. I also asked him about the status of the highly-anticipated sequel Cloverfield 2, which, as it turns out, is still in the idea stage. Here's what he had to say below:
"Cloverfield 2 will most likely not be the next movie because that's still in the really nascent stages. We haven't really had time to get together and talk about what that would be. That journey will probably be a bit longer, when we find that idea that we really get excited about. We're still hatching the story. It has yet to be hatched. It was funny. Someone said to me the other day, 'Yeah, we hear you're going to get the band back together.' I said, 'Yeah, but at this stage, we're just talking about getting the band back together. We actually haven't gotten the band back together.'

Since Cloverfield 2 won't be Matt Reeves next movie, I had to ask if he did have something more concrete lined up. He plans to try and shoot his smaller, character-driven project, The Invisible Woman, along with another, bigger project, back-to-back:
"I haven't decided what I'm doing next. One of the exciting things for me was that the movie (Let Me In) was well-received, even though it didn't do well at the box office. The people who have seen it really enjoyed it, which is exciting for me because I really care a lot about the movie and it's bringing in a lot of interesting opportunities. I'm reading a lot of scripts and novels and going to a lot of meetings to discuss projects, but I haven't decided what's next, so I don't know what's next. I'm reading a lot and hopefully we'll be able to say what I'm doing within the next month or two. I really want to continue to press and try to make this smaller project that I've been trying to make since before Cloverfield. It's a project called The Invisible Woman. It's sort of a character thriller. It's the anatomy of this woman's desperation. It's the same sort of storytelling that I did in Let Me In. It's an intimate character story, so I'm excited to do that to. Probably what I would do is find the next project and find a way to marry that schedule to the bigger project. So, hopefully, we could do two in a row and then maybe Cloverfield 2."

From /film March 21st, 2011:
“You Are Going To See” ‘Cloverfield 2,’ Says Matt Reeves
Well, you are going to see it – we just don’t know when [laughs]. At the moment we are talking about the story quite a lot. Drew Goddard, who wrote the original, is going to pen the sequel and JJ Abrams is very much involved. However, the three of us have been so busy that getting the right idea together has been taking a long time.

You see, that’s a difficult part: we want it to be shot like the first but how can you continue that idea successfully for a second time? We have a lot of affection for the original and the sequel can’t just be the same thing. But that is tricky when you need to have a monster destroying stuff once again.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:50 am

From Movie Viral January 23, 2012:
Loud Noises Possible Viral For “Godzilla” or “Cloverfield 2″?
Caleb Hamilton wrote:Sometimes strange videos hit the web and create an uproar. We’ve seen things from UFO’s hovering over football games to a man sawing a parking meter in half. The latest strange video making the rounds compiles footage from around the world in which a loud, mechanical sound is heard. Could this be viral for Legendary Pictures’ Godzilla reboot, the rumored sequel to Cloverfield or something else entirely? Check out the video after the break.

If this were viral for a film, I’d guess it would be Godzilla. Godzilla’s roar is very mechanical, much like the sounds in the video. It could also very well be viral for Cloverfield 2, but unlikely since J.J. Abrams has just started production on Star Trek 2. There is also the chance that this could be a very elaborate hoax, possibly trying to scare those who believe the world will be ending this year.

Cloverfield 2
***RUMORS***

From Fans Share September 13th, 2011:
Lizzy Caplan to star in Cloverfield 2?
It has been suggested that Lizzy Caplan is being lined up to once again star in the sequel to the hit 2008 movie Cloverfield, once it gets the green light. It was uncertain whether she would appear in Cloverfield 2 after her character was dragged off and never seen again in Cloverfield.
However, it has been claimed that, since her character was not officially killed off, she would be set to appear in Cloverfield 2. It is not yet known how the story to the sequel is going to play out, so it is unclear how her character would return for the movie.

One thing is for certain though and that is the fact that Cloverfield 2 looks increasingly more likely to be made, especially since the movies original star seems interested in making a return. The bad news is that there is no idea yet when the movie will get the green light, so it looks like a long wait for Cloverfield 2.

From Fans Share June 23rd, 2011:
Cloverfield 2 set for 2014
After making over $46 million in the US on its opening weekend and grossing an impressive $168 million worldwide, it was clear that a Cloverfield sequel would be made. The sequel is, as of yet, untitled but the script has been written and the project is in active development, with a release expected in 2014.
Production company, Bad Robot have taken the film on and it is believed that Matt Reeves will once again direct the film. It is also expected that J. J. Abrams will return to produce the sequel but a cast for the movie has yet to be assembled.

The first Cloverfield movie centred around a monster attack in New York, which was filmed from the point of view of a group of friends. J. J. Abrams latest movie Super 8 is currently being show in cinemas in the US. It is due to be released in the UK on August 5.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Fievel on Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:14 am

This site was linked in a comments section:

http://strangesoundsinthesky.com/
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheButcher on Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:33 am

From Collider:
Drew Goddard Gives Update on CLOVERFIELD Sequel

From Examiner:
Surprising theory surfaces to explain recent strange UFO sounds [video]

Strange sounds emanate from sinkhole in Russian republic

What Are the Strange Sounds Being Heard All Over the World?

Weird Noise: Strange Sounds Popping Up In Different Parts Of Canada

Strange 'UFO sounds' continue to be heard in Australia [video]

From Gather:
Are All These 'Strange Sounds' a Worldwide PR Stunt?
Tom Rose wrote:The "strange sounds" phenomenon is sweeping the world because of its hair-raising spookiness as a paranormal event. But could it be a publicity stunt to generate anticipation for an upcoming movie?

If so, it's one of the most brilliant campaigns in recent memory, spreading globally in just days. A quick check of the upcoming apocalyptic movie schedule shows two candidates which could benefit from this kind of viral campaign: The X Files and... wait for it... Cloverfield 2?

Bingo.

One thing which has been strikingly similar about all these strange sounds "sightings" is the metallic howling noise which many have noted is strikingly similar to the growls of the original Cloverfield monster.

That was another global phenomenon which scared the pants off millions of viewers.

And what better way to promote the sequel? Especially since 2012 may be the last year humanity will be able to enjoy a good scary movie.

But... there are problems with the theory.

How does it get pulled off all over the world? Who is taking chances in the middle of nowhere and, sometimes, in the middle of the night? Can't people who try this be prosecuted?

Hey, if the trial doesn't begin until sometime in 2013, will anyone be around to care?

Sounds like a classic J.J. Abrams plot...
Last edited by TheButcher on Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Nice Marmot on Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:19 pm

There's another X-Files movie coming?
Nice Marmot
REAL DRAGON

Postby TheButcher on Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:12 pm

J.J. Abrams Talks CLOVERFIELD 2
“Part of me just wants to let [Cloverfield 2] go, though we’ve had a couple of discussions about cool ways to do it. I’m looking forward to seeing Pacific Rim this summer. It feels like there are some really big monsters coming down the pike that could inspire something we do.”
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:27 pm

TheButcher wrote:J.J. Abrams Talks CLOVERFIELD 2
“Part of me just wants to let [Cloverfield 2] go, though we’ve had a couple of discussions about cool ways to do it. I’m looking forward to seeing Pacific Rim this summer. It feels like there are some really big monsters coming down the pike that could inspire something we do.”

I would imagine Cloverfield 2's development may depend a fair amount on how Pacific Rim does. I know it's completely different, but still. Beginning with Star Trek Into Darkness JJ has like 10-11 projects in some level of development right now, one that he's directing on a super tight timeline. If there is a Cloverfield 2 I'd imagine that it will either be without much involvement from JJ, or will not see the screen until 2016 at the earliest, or 8 years after Cloverfield. Will anyone care by then? Does anyone really care that much now? If JJ really wanted to make Cloverfield 2 he should have made it instead of Super 8. I liked Cloverfield ok for what it was, but I think my life would still feel complete without a sequel.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

The Movie Trailers 'Я' Us Thread

Postby TheButcher on Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:30 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: The Movie Trailers 'Я' Us Thread

Postby Fievel on Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:36 am

The film had me at John Goodman.
The title made me pee a little.

Apparently it's not a direct sequel, but the use of the word means it's a messed up film.....?
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Re: The Movie Trailers 'Я' Us Thread

Postby so sorry on Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:32 am

Interesting...
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Re: Cloverfield 2... IT'S COMING! IT'S COMING? (SPOILERS?)

Postby Ribbons on Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:02 pm

I saw the preview last night.

I've been extremely skeptical towards the idea of "Cloverfield 2" ever since the first one came out. But suddenly I can see a franchise in this thing: a bunch of weird little genre stories that take place *around* a giant monster. It's actually kind of inspired. I have no idea whether the movie itself is any good, but fingers crossed.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby so sorry on Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:48 am

Ribbons wrote:I've been extremely skeptical towards the idea of "Cloverfield 2" ever since the first one came out. But suddenly I can see a franchise in this thing: a bunch of weird little genre stories that take place *around* a giant monster. It's actually kind of inspired. I have no idea whether the movie itself is any good, but fingers crossed.

But I'll always ultimately want to see the giant monster, and if its just going to be a situation where its over the hills and far away, and we just hear its screaming or something like that, I'd be disappointing.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Ribbons on Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:25 pm

Hey, as long as there is one money shot per film, I'm good
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Fievel on Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:05 pm

With the first film we knew that it was a giant Godzilla-like monster. We know nothing about this new film.... and I hope that they keep the mystery up to its release.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:15 pm

Ribbons wrote:Hey, as long as there is one money shot per film, I'm good

wait, are we still talking about Cloverfield?
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Ribbons on Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:32 pm

Still a little early, but 10 Cloverfield Lane is clocking a 94% on RottenTomatoes:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/10_cloverfield_lane/
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Ribbons on Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:34 pm

So I happened to really like 10 Cloverfield Lane. It's a locked-room scenario that doesn't overstay its welcome, thanks to the question of what the deal is with John Goodman's survivalist character, and what's really going on outside...

JJ Abrams said he wanted to make at least one more Cloverfield movie, and I hope he gets the chance. 10 Cloverfield Lane advances the story in a really interesting way.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Re: JJ Abrams’ Cloverfield Universe

Postby TheButcher on Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:42 am

JJ Abrams’ ‘God Particle’ Is Next Film in Cloverfield Series (Exclusive)
Abrams and Paramount hope to release a new film in the Cloverfield universe each year, insider tells TheWrap
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: JJ Abrams’ Cloverfield Universe

Postby TheButcher on Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:50 am

THR:
Paramount Dates 'Cloverfield' Imax Film, Removes J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' From Schedule
The move implies that 'God Particle' is actually the next film in the 'Cloverfield' series.
Ashley Lee wrote:Paramount will wide release a new Cloverfield film in Imax on Oct. 27, the studio announced Thursday.

Interestingly enough, God Particle — another film from J.J. Abrams' Bad Robot Productions, which was previously set for a Feb. 24 release — was removed from the release schedule.

The switch implies that God Particle is, in fact, the next title of the Cloverfield-connected universe. The same was done when the studio dated 2016's 10 Cloverfield Lane. Paramount did not respond to a request for comment on whether it's true this time as well.

God Particle (or the new Cloverfield film?) stars David Oyelowo, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Chris O’Dowd, Daniel Bruhl, Zhang Ziyi and Elizabeth Debicki as crewmembers aboard a space station who find themselves alone after a scientific experiment causes Earth to disappear. When a space shuttle appears, the space station crew must determine if those aboard are friend or foe. Julius Onah is directing the movie.

The new Cloverfield entry will open against Lionsgate's latest Saw installment.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Fried Gold on Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:34 pm

Cloverfield 3 - formerly "The God Particle", now "Cloverfield Paradox" - will be released on Netflix....in an hour or so after the Superbowl ends.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fievel on Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:47 am

I just watched this. It ties together the first two entries and explains why the events of the first film happened (not really a spoiler as this was mentioned in the TV spot).

I thoroughly enjoyed this.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Previous

Return to Movie Discussion