SPEED RACER

New movies! Old movies! B-movies! Discuss discuss discuss!!!

Go Go or No Go Speed Racer?

24%
24%
11%
18%
7%
4%
4%
No votes
No votes
7%

Total votes : 45

Postby DaleTremont on Mon May 12, 2008 9:14 pm

Zarles wrote:
seppukukurosawa wrote:
Zarles wrote:Nice one, sepp! Reading all these good reviews and then remembering the box office returns makes the baby Jebus cry. :P

Fuck 'em! It can be our little secret.

Word. This and Gilliam's 'Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas' will be a double feature in my house for many moons.

Okay seriously if there's one statement that could make me want to see this movie....

*runs off to theater*
DaleTremont
Loincloth Bronson

Postby Zarles on Mon May 12, 2008 9:30 pm

DaleTremont wrote:
Zarles wrote:
seppukukurosawa wrote:
Zarles wrote:Nice one, sepp! Reading all these good reviews and then remembering the box office returns makes the baby Jebus cry. :P

Fuck 'em! It can be our little secret.

Word. This and Gilliam's 'Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas' will be a double feature in my house for many moons.

Okay seriously if there's one statement that could make me want to see this movie....

*runs off to theater*

YAY!

Seriously, if I were ten years old, this movie would be my new God.

What am I saying? I am ten years old.
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Peven on Mon May 12, 2008 9:35 pm

Maui wrote:
Peven wrote:
Maui wrote:I ron Man is the better movie.

I'm glad you all liked Speed, I did too but I don't quite share the enthusiasm like the rest of you kids.

The acting is far superior in IM and it didn't bore me like Speed Racer did.

*quickly ducks and runs out of thread*

;)

you are dead to me :P

I would like my ashes sprinkled over Whistler Mountain.

its the L.A. river for you....

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Maui on Mon May 12, 2008 10:20 pm

Peven wrote:

its the L.A. river for you....

Maui
WoWie

Re: The Official "SPEED RACER" Thread (Spoilers)

Postby bastard_robo on Mon May 12, 2008 11:37 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:
bastard_robo wrote:
Vegeta wrote:Worse still, Prince Caspian is gonna drink Speed Racer and Iron Man's milkshake next weekend. Can you say "Drainage"?

Its going to affect it, but I dont think its going to be major.

Are you high? Caspian will destroy it.

I kinda feel bad now for telling Speed Racer to "die like a dog". Don't get me wrong, i'm glad Iron Man killed it at the box office but I thought SR would do a little better than this! I'm actually looking forward to seeing it and will definitely be seeing it before i see Caspian. I doubt i'm in the majority in that, though. SR is now firmly established as the first commercial flop of the summer season. :P

I don't think it will DESTROY IT.

I see a soft opening for Caspin.. Much like Speed Racer.

Caspin should of been a Christmas Release, like the first one. It will opened decent, but not great numbers, and when indy comes out, it will get RAPED!
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Vegeta on Mon May 12, 2008 11:47 pm

bastard_robo wrote:
Lord Voldemoo wrote:
bastard_robo wrote:
Vegeta wrote:Worse still, Prince Caspian is gonna drink Speed Racer and Iron Man's milkshake next weekend. Can you say "Drainage"?

I kinda feel bad now for telling Speed Racer to "die like a dog". Don't get me wrong, i'm glad Iron Man killed it at the box office but I thought SR would do a little better than this! I'm actually looking forward to seeing it and will definitely be seeing it before i see Caspian. I doubt i'm in the majority in that, though. SR is now firmly established as the first commercial flop of the summer season. :P

Caspin should of been a Christmas Release, like the first one. It will opened decent, but not great numbers, and when indy comes out, it will get RAPED!

When Indy comes out EVERYTHING IS GOING TO GET RAPED! :shock:
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby LeFlambeur on Mon May 12, 2008 11:49 pm

bastard_robo wrote:
Lord Voldemoo wrote:
bastard_robo wrote:

That really underscores the problem of putting all these blockbuster back to back to back, so close together. If one doesn't hit bit opening weekend its not gonna have alot of time to pick up before the next big movie hits. They play with big budgets, hoping for big returns, but as the blockbuster race becomes more crowded I wonder how much longer that will remain a reliable buisness model.
LeFlambeur
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Chairman Kaga on Tue May 13, 2008 12:10 am

LeFlambeur wrote:
bastard_robo wrote:
Lord Voldemoo wrote:
bastard_robo wrote:

That really underscores the problem of putting all these blockbuster back to back to back, so close together. If one doesn't hit bit opening weekend its not gonna have alot of time to pick up before the next big movie hits. They play with big budgets, hoping for big returns, but as the blockbuster race becomes more crowded I wonder how much longer that will remain a reliable buisness model.

At this point the majority of money to be made is on the tail which grows longer with every tie in product and new media format.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby LeFlambeur on Tue May 13, 2008 12:15 am

Chairman Kaga wrote:
LeFlambeur wrote:
bastard_robo wrote:
Lord Voldemoo wrote:
bastard_robo wrote:

At this point the majority of money to be made is on the tail which grows longer with every tie in product and new media format.

Oh, that makes sense.
LeFlambeur
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Fried Gold on Tue May 13, 2008 5:01 am

Zarles wrote:
seppukudkurosawa wrote:It's like a painted over version of an '80s "family" movie

You mean rotoscoped? ;)

Nice one, sepp! Reading all these good reviews and then remembering the box office returns makes the baby Jebus cry. :P

That's what I was trying to point out.

For a film that appears to be getting some positive reviews (albeit not from "professional" critics), there has to be reason why the majority didn't want to pay to see it - Competition? Poor marketing? General foreshadowing of dislike? All of the above?
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Pacino86845 on Tue May 13, 2008 5:10 am

seppukudkurosawa wrote:My random splattering of geek jizz:

Man, I enjoyed the hell out of this movie. It's to anime what people say Sin City is to comics- it abides anime's own, unique logic to a T, and still works as a great movie.

To the people calling this stiff, unfunny or full of appalling dialogue (like, perhaps, a bad translation maybe?), I direct you to the opening scenes in the classroom, where the teacher complains to Susan Sarandon that all Speed Racer ever thinks about is cars. I heard a couple in front (the only other people in the cinema, unfortunately) pointing out how retarded that scene was, considering the lead character's name; but if you think that the Wachowski brothers weren't 100% aware of that fact, then you really weren't watching this movie from the right angle.

From the Kurosawa on ketamine wipes to involved conversations between the drivers while they're traveling 100s of miles an hour, you've really gotta meet this movie on its own terms. It's like a painted over version of an '80s "family" movie (even Speed Racer's little bro looks like a chubbier version of a young Corey Feldman), but with modern effects.

Also, it's as Japanese as Hollywood movies get- far more so, even, than movies like The Last Samurai. The Japanese are masters of the surface arts. They're so good at it, that they go full circle and breathe soul into them. Speed Racer lived up to its origins.

The final race even reminded me of the hallucinatory sequence in 2001 a little. It was one big orgasm, and Speed Racer was even allowed a few miliseconds of post-coital silence after the climax until the feelgood ending played out in pure, unashamed glee.

Random observations:

I think I remember reading somewhere that "Royalton wasn't evil enough." Motherfucker say wa? At one point, the guy pronounced the word history, "hissssstory." Roger Allam played him brilliantly. He was annoying as hell- just like the big, bald musclebound baddies you usually find in dodgy '80s anime movies (in spirit, if not in look).

Speed's little bro and the monkey really remind me of Ed and the Dog in Cowboy Bebop. Not so much funny as very, very odd. Definitely not this movie's Jah Jah Binks though.

Christina Ricci got far more screen-time than I was led to believe from some comments in this thread. It's humanly impossible to look more like an anime character brought to life than Christina Ricci. If she ever shot a pr0n movie, I think it'd have to be filed under the hentai section.

I'm torn between an 8/10 and a 9/10, but either way, to me Speed Racer is the Wachowski bros' best movie so far!

Awesome review... between your comments and Maui's moderated praise I might finally be convinced of seeing this... especially since Speed Racer took a beating at the BO. Hopefully it's as you guys say it is rather than what it looks like: Thunderbirds on wheels. *Bill Paxton cries*
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby RogueScribner on Tue May 13, 2008 7:07 am

Fried Gold wrote:
Zarles wrote:
seppukudkurosawa wrote:It's like a painted over version of an '80s "family" movie

You mean rotoscoped? ;)

Nice one, sepp! Reading all these good reviews and then remembering the box office returns makes the baby Jebus cry. :P

That's what I was trying to point out.

For a film that appears to be getting some positive reviews (albeit not from "professional" critics), there has to be reason why the majority didn't want to pay to see it - Competition? Poor marketing? General foreshadowing of dislike? All of the above?

Well, for me it had several things working against it. 1) It's about racing. I could really give a shit about racing, which is why I never bothered with the likes of Cars and Talladega Nights. 2) Its big selling point seemed to be the "cool" races, so see #1. 3) Everything outside of the races seemed way too artificial, too cheesy, too kiddy. Nothing I've seen in any of the trailers or the 7 minutes posted online made me think this movie was anything but an exercise in pop spectacle. I demand a modicum of story and character in my entertainment.

I'm intrigued by the amount of positive reviews in this thread. I don't know if it's enough to make me disregard my feelings towards this movie, but I may end up renting it down the road, who knows?
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Maui on Tue May 13, 2008 12:37 pm

seppukudkurosawa wrote:
To the people calling this stiff, unfunny or full of appalling dialogue (like, perhaps, a bad translation maybe?), I direct you to the opening scenes in the classroom, where the teacher complains to Susan Sarandon that all Speed Racer ever thinks about is cars. I heard a couple in front (the only other people in the cinema, unfortunately) pointing out how retarded that scene was, considering the lead character's name; but if you think that the Wachowski brothers weren't 100% aware of that fact, then you really weren't watching this movie from the right angle.

Good review Sepp!

Funny you mention the beginning part of the movie as I thought that was rather cute as well. The young Speed, daydreaming in the classroom, making mini movies of cars racing on the corners of his book. His imaginative mind making his desk an animated car escaping the classroom. I rather enjoyed the scene with Speed's Mom and her visit to the principal's office.
Maui
WoWie

Postby Vegeta on Tue May 13, 2008 12:43 pm

RogueScribner wrote:Well, for me it had several things working against it. 1) It's about racing. I could really give a shit about racing, which is why I never bothered with the likes of Cars and Talladega Nights.

Well, Talladega Nights also starred Will Ferrel and that fact alone is a good reason to give it a pass.
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Tue May 13, 2008 4:27 pm

Fried Gold wrote:It's not just about Speed Racer being fondly remembered, it's just not remembered at all by as many people as some would have you think.

This is the answer to all. Right here. This, combined with ineffectual marketing is why SR failed so utterly financially.

1) you guys need to remember that we are a relatively TINY subset of people. And most of us could give a fuck about the original cartoon. I couldn't care less about it. If the movie is cool, i'll check it out eventually.

2) The general populace didn't know who the fuck Iron Man was either, for the most part...but the trailers/marketing showed enough of the character (much more Stark than Iron Man) to get people to the theater. It was a little TOO MUCH, I think, but it certainly worked.

The SR trailers were 90% cars zooming around. Pretty, sure, but it's not going to get most adults into the theater...even with their kids. I think the parents who WOULD HAVE gone were confused about what it was supposed to be. Is it fit for my kids, really? It's the Wachowskis...so maybe not. Yeah, there's the rating but it's tough to tell who it was supposed to be marketed to...if anyone.

Just a horribly, horribly handled campaign. People have x number of dollars to spend on the movies, especially right now. If I'm a 17-32 year old guy and I have choices between Iron Man, Indy, SR and Dark Knight....well that's a no-brainer. If i'm a parent who has choices between Caspian, Speed Racer and Wall-E...well that's even more of a no-brainer. It may be an amazing movie, but unfortunately they screwed this up so much that much of the populace will never know...

P.S....I'm tempted never to watch it now just to piss off Zarles. :twisted:
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby Maui on Tue May 13, 2008 4:30 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:

You do know Zarles is babysitting this thread dontcha?

kiddin' Zarles, sorta. ;)
Maui
WoWie

Postby RogueScribner on Tue May 13, 2008 5:15 pm

Yeah, I forgot to mention I've never seen the series. So outside of some random stuff here and there and the marketing of this film, I don't really know who Speed Racer is!

Sorry, everything I've seen on this movie failed to sell me on it.
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Nordling on Tue May 13, 2008 5:17 pm

I'll grant you that. It's a cartoon that's much more in my youth then in most anyone elses (I turn 39 this year), and it was marketed terribly. You can't sell a kids movie with "From The Creators Of The MATRIX Trilogy!" I knew what SPEED RACER was because I grew up with it. From what I can tell here, most of you didn't.

That said, and not like it's going to make a whole lot of difference box office wise, now most of you fencesitters know that it's actually a film of merit. I hope you see this before it leaves the screens. It's more than the visuals, it's got a hell of a lot of heart, and although I'm glad I don't have a job marketing the thing, what it's NOT is a bad film. Not by a long shot.
Nordling
AIRWOLF

Postby TheBaxter on Tue May 13, 2008 5:33 pm

Maui wrote:Image

somebody needs to make this into an animated "WRONG!!!!!" gif ala kevinspacey lexluthor.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Tue May 13, 2008 5:36 pm

TheBaxter wrote:
Maui wrote:Image

somebody needs to make this into an animated "WRONG!!!!!" gif ala kevinspacey lexluthor.

hahahahaha, yes!!
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby Spandau Belly on Tue May 13, 2008 5:44 pm

Yeah okay, I'll chip in.

I saw this movie on Sunday and have been reading you guys' thoughts here today. I always hate it when some asshole barges in and calls a movie "overrated". I figure that's the worst possible way of saying that you see the merit in a film but just don't enjoy it as much as everybody else. Plus it's like trying to make them all feel some sort of premature ejaculator type shame for being easier to please.

So ultimately, I'm glad you guys had an amazing time at this movie, and yeah, I had a good time watching this movie. I wouldn't go as far as to say "it rocks" or "blew me away" but it's enjoyable.

I too am not terribly familiar with the original cartoon series. But I think what's important to note is not how faithful the Wachowskis were to THE cartoon, but to Japanese cartoonishness in general. This movie really caputres the cutsie dinkyness of those cartoons. This movie's main triumph is translating the animated 20 minute cartoon artform into a lush "live-action" feature film.

But it isn't just a production design showcase, there's enough heart in there too. But overall your love/tolerence for cutsie cartoonish dinkyness will determine how much you enjoy this film.
Last edited by Spandau Belly on Thu May 15, 2008 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby caruso_stalker217 on Tue May 13, 2008 5:47 pm

Spandau Belly wrote:But overall your love/tolerence for cutsie cartoonish dinkyness will determine how much you enjoy this film.

I guess it will be a while before I watch this then.
caruso_stalker217
TOO AGED FOR THIS MALARKEY

Postby tapehead on Tue May 13, 2008 9:28 pm

Maui wrote:
Lord Voldemoo wrote:

You do know Zarles is babysitting this thread dontcha?

kiddin' Zarles, sorta. ;)

He was like this with Cloverfield for a while too.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby Zarles on Tue May 13, 2008 10:17 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:P.S....I'm tempted never to watch it now just to piss off Zarles.

And I'm tempted to eat a steak that used to be your brother. :twisted:

Hey, I'm passionate about what I love. Sue me.
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

The Official "SPEED RACER" Thread (Spoilers)

Postby bastard_robo on Tue May 13, 2008 10:21 pm

Zarles wrote:
Lord Voldemoo wrote:P.S....I'm tempted never to watch it now just to piss off Zarles.

Damn YA!

Though, I'm passionate about this..

...more!
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Zarles on Tue May 13, 2008 10:22 pm

bastard_robo wrote:...more!

Yes, please.
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby bastard_robo on Tue May 13, 2008 10:29 pm

I hope that TRIXIE is the Costume this year for con.
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Zarles on Tue May 13, 2008 10:29 pm

Already got mine!
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Peven on Tue May 13, 2008 10:41 pm

i plan on going back for another I-Max experience of this film this weekend. have i even mentioned how there is a John Henry rif in there? a little snippet of conversation with my 10 year old son,

"Dad, why didn't they make it 3-D too?"

"Because if they had done that peoples' heads would have exploded"

"Oh, ok"

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Maui on Tue May 13, 2008 10:47 pm

I'm gonna catch this again as well.

I feel my first viewing was hindered by a bunch of noisy/restless kids.
Maui
WoWie

Postby bastard_robo on Tue May 13, 2008 11:16 pm

I'm heading straight to my nearest IMAX tomorrow, as because SPEED RACER wont be there after June 5th!

KUNG FU PANDA will take its place.

I saw 300 on Imax, and I'll be damned if I'm letting SPEED RACER pass me by
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby bastard_robo on Tue May 13, 2008 11:45 pm

— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby burlivesleftnut on Wed May 14, 2008 12:21 am

Peven wrote:"Dad, why didn't they make it 3-D too?"

"Because if they had done that peoples' heads would have exploded"

"Oh, ok"

Hahahah. Yeah I want to see this again. Next to In Bruges, this is my favorite movie of the year so far.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Wed May 14, 2008 4:14 am

bastard_robo wrote:
Zarles wrote:

Damn YA!

Though, I'm passionate about this..

...more!

Cherie Blair?
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Wed May 14, 2008 4:50 am

Her smile is stretching the page.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Zarles on Wed May 14, 2008 7:19 am

As well as my pants. :D
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Pacino86845 on Wed May 14, 2008 7:30 am

A tooth fetishist, eh? There's always one of those around...
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby Zarles on Wed May 14, 2008 7:38 am

:: chomp ::

Sorry, am I babysitting again? I'll go. :(
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Maui on Wed May 14, 2008 9:54 am

Zarles wrote::: chomp ::

Sorry, am I babysitting again? I'll go. :(

No, stay. We appreciate your enthusiasm for this movie!

:)
Maui
WoWie

Postby bastard_robo on Thu May 15, 2008 4:36 am

Saw this on IMAX tonight!

SWEET JESUS GOD! This movie so so fantastic on 86 Levels!

And a 8 storied Trixie is even more fantastic!

There is not a dull fucking moment in this film.

My friend who only had a mild interest in seeing this even had a blast!

YOU SWINE WHO REFUSE TO SEE THIS MOVIE AND CONDEMN IT AT THE SAME TIME... A POX ON YOUR HEAD!
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby MonkeyM666 on Thu May 15, 2008 4:48 am

So is it like Beowulf in IMAX 3D. a visual fiesta with nothing behind the pretty pictures? Because I kinda think it looks ok from the trailers.
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DaleTremont on Thu May 15, 2008 4:53 am

bastard_robo wrote:Saw this on IMAX tonight!

Seconded! I got raped by parking, theater tickets, a ridiculously priced martini and an even more ridiculously priced hotdog to stop my head from potentially spinning...but it was worth letting corporate America make me its bitch to see that shit in IMAX!

Go Speed Racer Go!
DaleTremont
Loincloth Bronson

Postby Zarles on Thu May 15, 2008 8:00 am

DaleTremont wrote:

Seconded! I got raped by parking, theater tickets, a ridiculously priced martini and an even more ridiculously priced hotdog to stop my head from potentially spinning...but it was worth letting corporate America make me its bitch to see that shit in IMAX!

Go Speed Racer Go!

What kind of a theater serves martinis? I am SO out of it.

Glad you dug it. I want to see it in digital projection more than IMAX, though. I have trouble focusing on an IMAX screen.
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DaleTremont on Thu May 15, 2008 3:19 pm

Zarles wrote:
DaleTremont wrote:

Go Speed Racer Go!

What kind of a theater serves martinis? I am SO out of it.

Glad you dug it. I want to see it in digital projection more than IMAX, though. I have trouble focusing on an IMAX screen.

The closest IMAX to me is the one at Universal Citywalk and the only places open there at 10:30 at night are bars. So naturally I had to partake of that opportunity :-P

I started off the movie cautiously optimistic. The opening race when they delve into Rex Racer's backstory was like an affront to the senses (but in a good way)...still I was worried that the movie might not pull me in. I was happily wrong! I don't know who these critics are who say they have to sit through boring talky shit before getting to any of the good stuff. There was never a dull moment for me. From the hysterical tour through Royalton's headquarters to Speed and Trixie's brief but charming romantic interludes to Sprittle and ChimChim's adventures within the adventure...the movie never lets up. And not just because there's constantly a pleasantly heady sensory overload, but more because the actors are right there with you and they all play their parts to perfection, everyone from the Racer family down to all the various evil competitors at Casa Cristo.

Mostly though, the visuals...my GOD, the visuals. Zarles echoed my own feelings about writing this review when he said he didn't want to embarrass himself with another metaphor (although the one you came up with wasn't too shabby!), so I won't say something like it was the SWEETEST EXPLODING ROCK CANDY TO EVER FUCK MY BRAIN! Yeah...there's not much you can write about those races to do them justice but let's just say the Wachowskis are fearless and recklessly imaginative and they took it further than anyone else has ever even dreamed to go. It's like the rest of Hollywood is some marginally smart kid building a mini rocket as a template for what he'll eventually build to fly to the moon, and the Wachowskis are the borderline ALF kids in class who are always fucking around but somehow manage to build a space ship that flies them out to the next dimension, leaving the marginally smart kid scorched in their jet fuel.

I LOVED it!
DaleTremont
Loincloth Bronson

Postby DennisMM on Thu May 15, 2008 4:31 pm

bastard_robo wrote:Image

Heh heh. They're playing "go." :lol:
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby Chairman Kaga on Thu May 15, 2008 4:32 pm

I thought it was Othello.....or are those the same?
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DennisMM on Thu May 15, 2008 6:26 pm

Othello uses double-faced markers. The right strategy allows you to flip an opponent's marker and make it yours. Go is just the board, the beads and the strategy of surrounding. I don't understand it, but that's what I've read.
Last edited by DennisMM on Thu May 15, 2008 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby Zarles on Thu May 15, 2008 6:38 pm

Nice one, Dale. I think you hit on it - what impressed me the most about it was how well-rounded the whole movie was. It didn't dwell too much on one thing, whether it was the races or the humor or the family storyline or whatever. It jumped around all those subjects deftly enough that you were never bored.

I'm just stoked to hear that movie theaters aren't serving martinis now. I thought they hit a new low when they introduced the espresso bar. Dude, it's the movies - popcorn, soda, candy, hot dogs. That's it. Take your shi-shi bullshizz and split.
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby bastard_robo on Thu May 15, 2008 10:45 pm

Zarles wrote:Nice one, Dale. I think you hit on it - what impressed me the most about it was how well-rounded the whole movie was. It didn't dwell too much on one thing, whether it was the races or the humor or the family storyline or whatever. It jumped around all those subjects deftly enough that you were never bored.

I'm just stoked to hear that movie theaters aren't serving martinis now. I thought they hit a new low when they introduced the espresso bar. Dude, it's the movies - popcorn, soda, candy, hot dogs. That's it. Take your shi-shi bullshizz and split.

Um.. at the Arclight.. they have 21 and over screenings, that YOU CAN DRINK BOOZE IN!
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Zarles on Thu May 15, 2008 11:06 pm

No thanks. Alcohol makes people talk too much.
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

PreviousNext

Return to Movie Discussion