Indiana Jones & The Entirely Satisfactory Conclusion!

New movies! Old movies! B-movies! Discuss discuss discuss!!!

Which is the greatest Indy sequel/prequel...so far

TOD
46%
Last Crusade
54%

Total votes : 67

Postby Zarles on Sun May 18, 2008 1:15 am

Them's some good writins', Nordling. Well done. I love the Ghandi theory... :)
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby caruso_stalker217 on Sun May 18, 2008 1:45 am

Spielberg really did pussy out with LAST CRUSADE and made it as an apology for TEMPLE OF DOOM. It's never good when a director makes a film an "apology" for another.

Anyway, I'm watching SPACECAMP right now. That robot makes me laugh. And they sure say "SpaceCamp" a lot. And Kate Capshaw's southern accent keeps disappearing.
caruso_stalker217
TOO AGED FOR THIS MALARKEY

Postby RogueScribner on Sun May 18, 2008 1:48 am

papalazeru wrote:But you also believe Alien 3 to be a good film. I ask you where the delusion lies?

but that's beside the point, there's enough evidence in the poll we have and IMDB to prove that there are a lot of poeple who agree that Indy 3 is better than 2.

How about you produce the takings for both of those films?

Adjusted for inflation, ToD made more money than TLC.
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby caruso_stalker217 on Sun May 18, 2008 1:56 am

Fried Gold wrote:The other completely wrong with Temple of Doom is the bit involving the Indy, Willie and Shortie jumping out of an aircraft in a dinghy.

You have no soul.
caruso_stalker217

Postby minstrel on Sun May 18, 2008 1:56 am

Negatives for Temple of Doom:
1) The shrieking useless woman. Marion, in the original, was a brave and independent woman who could drink me under the table. The woman in TOD is a raw stereotype of the helpless female, and she is intolerable to watch.
2) Short Round. I understand the appeal of putting in a spunky kid. I like spunky kids. But Short Round is a too-shrill, loud, shrill, shrieky, loud, aggravating little charicature of a spunky kid.
3) General quest. Both ROTLA and TLC involve quests for something that is in the public consciousness outside of the movies, so there's a huge amount of mythology those films can draw on. TOD makes up its own mythology and I just can’t find a connection to it.
4) Surviving a fall from an airplane using an inflatable raft with no broken bones. I mean, come on.
5) The disgusting dinner scene. This scene had no purpose in the film other than to waste time while disgusting the audience. Transparent and by-the-numbers.
6) The opening scene with Indy ingesting poison and fighting to get the antidote. It’s laughable.
7) The completely cartoon villains. At least Nazis and smarmy French archaeologists are somewhat believable. The guys in TOD? Not so much.
8) The blatant audience manipulation of making the children in danger. Why would the bad guys enslave the children and not the adults? The adults could do more work, certainly. But kids? Just there for sympathy. Spielberg showed his hand too much there.

Positives for Temple of Doom:
Um, nothing.

Negatives for The Last Crusade:
1) Bad female lead. Blah character all the way around.
2) Dumbing down the character of Marcus. Inexcusable.
3) Some ridiculous set pieces, including the library scene.
4) Blah main villain. Who was he, anyway? Julian Glover didn’t sell it well.

Positives for Last Crusade:
1) Sean Connery. ‘Nuff said.
2) Good opening sequence with River Phoenix as a pretty damn good young Indy.
3) Going after the Holy Grail, something that resonates outside of the film.
4) Bringing back Marcus (despite what I said above).
5) Bringing back Sallah.
6) Memorable final sequence, with the three challenges, the ancient knight, the finding of the Grail, etc.

TLC wins, hands down.
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency

Postby caruso_stalker217 on Sun May 18, 2008 1:59 am

minstrel wrote:Positives for Temple of Doom:
Um, nothing.

Fucking lazy cop-out. Try again.
caruso_stalker217

Postby minstrel on Sun May 18, 2008 2:03 am

caruso_stalker217 wrote:
minstrel wrote:
Um, nothing.

Why? The movie just isn't worth it.
minstrel

Postby RogueScribner on Sun May 18, 2008 2:09 am

That's a great article and pretty much sums up my feelings on the film.
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby caruso_stalker217 on Sun May 18, 2008 2:14 am

minstrel wrote:
caruso_stalker217 wrote:[ quote="minstrel"]

Um, nothing.

Why? The movie just isn't worth it.[/quote]

Let's see. You shit on the opening sequence (one of the best scenes in the movie), you shit on the villians (because they're not Nazis, apparently), you don't even mention the mine cart chase which is one of the great ridiculous chases on film. You compare Marion to Willie, even though they are two completely different characters in two completely different stories. Marion fits perfectly in RAIDERS. Willie is perfect for TEMPLE OF DOOM.

Spielberg succeeded in making a film that wasn't a rehash of RAIDERS and all you fucksticks went crying home to mommy about it, so Spielberg caved like a fucking bitch and gave you LAST CRUSADE so you'd stop whining.
caruso_stalker217

Postby minstrel on Sun May 18, 2008 2:33 am

caruso_stalker217 wrote:Let's see. You shit on the opening sequence (one of the best scenes in the movie)

Wow. I mean, wow. That sequence is utterly horrible. Harrison Ford is trying to act sicker and sicker as he does more and more heroic things - it just isn't plausible by any stretch. It's ludicrous, and it sets a ludicrous tone for the rest of the film.

you don't even mention the mine cart chase which is one of the great ridiculous chases on film.

I didn't mention it because, not only is it ridiculous, it looks designed to base a theme-park ride on. You can smell the corporateness of it all.
You compare Marion to Willie, even though they are two completely different characters in two completely different stories. Marion fits perfectly in RAIDERS. Willie is perfect for TEMPLE OF DOOM.

Marion is a great character. Willie is annoying and beyond redemption. Does she fit in Temple of Doom? I guess so. Do I like her? Not in the least. Does that detract from Temple of Doom? Yes. [/quote]
Spielberg succeeded in making a film that wasn't a rehash of RAIDERS and all you fucksticks went crying home to mommy about it, so Spielberg caved like a fucking bitch and gave you LAST CRUSADE so you'd stop whining.

Spielberg "succeeded" in making a film that was far worse than Raiders. And far worse than Indy deserved. We didn't cry about it because it wasn't a rehash of Raiders. We cried about it because it sucked.
minstrel

Postby caruso_stalker217 on Sun May 18, 2008 2:36 am

minstrel wrote:It's ludicrous, and it sets a ludicrous tone for the rest of the film.

That's exactly what I love about TEMPLE OF DOOM. It tells you right away what it's about. Either you're gonna roll with it or you're not.
caruso_stalker217

Postby RogueScribner on Sun May 18, 2008 2:36 am

minstrel wrote:Negatives for Temple of Doom:
1) The shrieking useless woman. Marion, in the original, was a brave and independent woman who could drink me under the table. The woman in TOD is a raw stereotype of the helpless female, and she is intolerable to watch.

Not a fan of the screwball comedy, I guess. Yeah, they were wrong to try to meld two 1940s film genres. Better to just rehash everything from the first movie and try nothing new.

2) Short Round. I understand the appeal of putting in a spunky kid. I like spunky kids. But Short Round is a too-shrill, loud, shrill, shrieky, loud, aggravating little charicature of a spunky kid.

Not even close. Indy's banter with Short Round was one of the highlights of the film, AND Short Round was a believable little kid, not some smart aleck knowitall or blank-faced non-entity. He had charisma and he proved that, despite how hardcore Indy seemed in this movie, he did have a heart underneath it all.

3) General quest. Both ROTLA and TLC involve quests for something that is in the public consciousness outside of the movies, so there's a huge amount of mythology those films can draw on. TOD makes up its own mythology and I just can’t find a connection to it.

Did you read the article that Nordling linked to? It mentioned that some people may not dig ToD precisely because it doesn't deal with Christian mythology. I could care less what the MacGuffin is, as long as it produces a cool adventure.

4) Surviving a fall from an airplane using an inflatable raft with no broken bones. I mean, come on.

I'd poke a hole into the outlandish action in TLC, but sadly, there wasn't any.

5) The disgusting dinner scene. This scene had no purpose in the film other than to waste time while disgusting the audience. Transparent and by-the-numbers.

A lot of exposition was delivered in this scene and while it may have gone a bit far, a gross out dinner is more interesting than a bunch of talking heads dining on pot roast and pie.

6) The opening scene with Indy ingesting poison and fighting to get the antidote. It’s laughable.

Um, it was supposed to be? And it still contained a lot of coolness, like the skewer and running behind the giant gong.

7) The completely cartoon villains. At least Nazis and smarmy French archaeologists are somewhat believable. The guys in TOD? Not so much.

The Nazis are believable? Hitler signing the Grail diary??? Really? I found the Thugee cult's plan more believable than the Nazis'. And they knew not to bite off more than they can chew! Taking over the world is too hard. Just carve a nice piece of it out for yourself. It's easier.

8) The blatant audience manipulation of making the children in danger. Why would the bad guys enslave the children and not the adults? The adults could do more work, certainly. But kids? Just there for sympathy. Spielberg showed his hand too much there.

The adults were malnurished and weak. The children will at least grow and get stronger for a while.

Um, nothing.

Bullshit.

1) It's a pure pop serial adventure with the coolest adventurer around.

2) The musical score is top notch, unlike TLC, which used a lot of slow boring themes and barely played the March at all.

3) The comedy was often funny, unlike TLC where it was often cheesy.

4) The VFX by and large are better than TLC and it was made 5 years earlier.

5) There are many iconic Indy shots in this film; in TLC they were few and far between.

6) Mine fight.

7) Mine car chase.

8) Rope bridge.

9) Indiana Jones was a hero in this film; not so much in TLC.

10) Ford had charisma with his costars. His romantic lead in TLC was a snorefest.

11) Indy was always Indy, unlike in TLC when he bounced between being a respected Professor to a Dumbledore german looking at tapestries to a Dumbledore something or other looking for tickets to a grumpy son who whined about his Dad ignoring him as a kid.

12) What Indy did in ToD mattered; in TLC after saving his father nothing else really mattered. The grail would always be safe in the cave or a harmless museum piece. The danger was never really real, especially when you consider Indy himself had to go get the Grail when no one else could figure out the way. If he and Pops just went home it would have been okay. Lame adventure.

TLC wins, hands down.

Not really.
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby caruso_stalker217 on Sun May 18, 2008 2:50 am

RogueScribner wrote:2) The musical score is top notch, unlike TLC, which used a lot of slow boring themes and barely played the March at all.

Shit, I can't believe I hadn't brought that up before. The music in TEMPLE OF DOOM is fantastic.

And there are tons of great shots of Indy. I love that great fucking hero shot in the mine with him in silhouette.

Also, the whole sequence where Indy is "evil" is fucking great. Very intense stuff.
caruso_stalker217

Postby travis-dane on Sun May 18, 2008 4:04 am

Good that minstrel showed up....
And he brought the same lame points along,that the other TLC defenders before him used....
This thread is really going in circles now....
-
Lesbian Nazi Hookers Abducted by UFOs and Forced Into Weight Loss Programs!
travis-dane
100% OLEG!

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Sun May 18, 2008 4:45 am

Haha! Exactly.

In TOD's defense you didn't mention (which the CHUD article does and we did earlier in the thread) how fucking brilliantly dark the film gets in the middle.

TLC's made by pandas for pussies.

That CHUD article really speaks volumes too -

The way Ford responds to Willie's pleads to leave the Temple - "Yes, all of us" - is about as heroic a delivery as Ford's ever given. Certainly more so than "Get off my plane!" He's witty, charming, and he kicks ass. That's the Indy I remember, not the guy fumbling through a stupid accent as he tries to rescue his dad from some bumbling Germans.

Wow, and it's by Nordling. Nice one, man!
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Peven on Sun May 18, 2008 11:40 am

minstrel wrote:
Wow. I mean, wow. That sequence is utterly horrible. Harrison Ford is trying to act sicker and sicker as he does more and more heroic things - it just isn't plausible by any stretch. It's ludicrous, and it sets a ludicrous tone for the rest of the film.

even more ludicrous than Indy bashing a hole through the stone floor of a public library with no one noticing just because the librarian is stamping a few books??? you mean THAT kind of ludicrous tone???? not to mention he does it with one of those chinsy little velvet rope holders as if it that could really break through stone

also, this supposed requirement that Indy's quest must involve some sort of Judeo-Christian relic because THAT WILL MAKE IT RELEVANT TO ME???? sorry, but i don't believe in the Holy Grail, or the Ark of the Covenant, and the idea that a movie must stay adhere to any religious context in order to appeal to me is beyond wrong

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Maui on Sun May 18, 2008 1:17 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:
Fried Gold wrote:The other completely wrong with Temple of Doom is the bit involving the Indy, Willie and Shortie jumping out of an aircraft in a dinghy.

Worst Indy stunt in any of the movies. Even when I was 5 that stuck out like a sore thumb....Like King Solomon's Mines rolling down the hill in a cauldron bad.

hahah, I completely agree. I also prefer Marion to Willie. Willie just screamed and bitched throughout TOD. Sure, she is playing that type of prissy woman, but damn, enough with the broken fingernails already.
Maui
WoWie

Postby Peven on Sun May 18, 2008 1:29 pm

well of course Marion is better than Willie, but Marion isn't in TLC :wink:

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Maui on Sun May 18, 2008 1:30 pm

caruso_stalker217 wrote:
And there are tons of great shots of Indy. I love that great fucking hero shot in the mine with him in silhouette.

Yes, there definitely is. I watched this last night and there is one stunning shot of Indy's silhouette in the desert against the setting sun.

Oops, that's Raiders! My bad!
Maui
WoWie

Postby Chairman Kaga on Sun May 18, 2008 1:59 pm

Maui, you're gonna make AH cry...
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Al Shut on Sun May 18, 2008 2:01 pm

And we don't want that, do we? :twisted:
Note to myself: Fix this image shit!
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby Maui on Sun May 18, 2008 2:12 pm

I think they got their point across after, oh, the second course was served. That scene kept on going on and on and on and on. I mean, enough already. Yes, the food is gross and it is freaking out Willie. It reminded me of Fear Factor.
Maui
WoWie

Postby Maui on Sun May 18, 2008 2:12 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:Maui, you're gonna make AH cry...

Good. :twisted:
Maui
WoWie

Postby Fried Gold on Sun May 18, 2008 2:25 pm

And all the while, Indy has his eye on the Little Maharajah.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby papalazeru on Sun May 18, 2008 2:27 pm

Fried Gold wrote:

What's the Asian equivolent of the Pedobear?
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby minstrel on Sun May 18, 2008 2:31 pm

Look, I didn't say TLC was good. It's pretty mediocre. But it's better than TOD.

Peven, if you'd read my post above, you'd know that I'd already mentioned the library scene as a negative for TLC.

BTW, the musical score for all three movies is lousy. The main Indiana Jones theme is just plain generic hero stuff. Williams did far better in Star Wars. And Williams never was good at the incidental music. Basil Poledouris should have composed the Indy score. Or Jerry Goldsmith.
minstrel

Postby King Of Nowhere on Sun May 18, 2008 2:33 pm

papalazeru wrote:
Fried Gold wrote:

minstrel wrote:
Negatives for Temple of Doom:

What's the Asian equivolent of the Pedobear?

Shotacat?
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby Chairman Kaga on Sun May 18, 2008 2:33 pm

minstrel wrote:BTW, the musical score for all three movies is lousy. The main Indiana Jones theme is just plain generic hero stuff. Williams did far better in Star Wars. And Williams never was good at the incidental music. Basil Poledouris should have composed the Indy score. Or Jerry Goldsmith.

BARF
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby papalazeru on Sun May 18, 2008 2:33 pm

Judging by how cartoony ToD was, it should have been Alan Menkin.

papalazeru

Postby minstrel on Sun May 18, 2008 2:38 pm

papalazeru wrote:Judging by how cartoony ToD was, it should have been Alan Menkin.

Or Carl Stalling.
minstrel

Postby papalazeru on Sun May 18, 2008 2:40 pm

minstrel wrote:
papalazeru wrote:Judging by how cartoony ToD was, it should have been Alan Menkin.

Or Carl Stalling.

Maybe there should have been a moment in the club where Indy is on the piano, playing Hungarian Rhapsody No.2 by Liszt on the piano and Short Round is sleeping under the keys.

Yeah, that would have given you your wonderful best Indy intro EVA!

papalazeru

Postby papalazeru on Sun May 18, 2008 3:41 pm

Just watching Indy 3 on TV right now.

It really is a Fezt (geddit??!!?)

It's still brilliant. I can't see what all the fuss is about, this is by far the finer film.

We get to see Indy's comittment to Archeology from an early age which blows ToD out of the water with regards to comments here about him being a 'rogue' and some sort of mercenary.

Marcus is in no way bumbling. All the scenes at the university make him out ot be a wise and learned man. We get to see Marcus becoming unnerved just before the plane trip to Italy - he obviously is not happy with field work, that's made clear.

papalazeru

Postby travis-dane on Sun May 18, 2008 3:51 pm

papalazeru wrote:Just watching Indy 3 on TV right now.

It really is a Fezt (geddit??!!?)

It's still brilliant. I can't see what all the fuss is about, this is by far the finer film.

We get to see Indy's comittment to Archeology from an early age which blows ToD out of the water with regards to comments here about him being a 'rogue' and some sort of mercenary.

Marcus is in no way bumbling. All the scenes at the university make him out ot be a wise and learned man. We get to see Marcus becoming unnerved just before the plane trip to Italy - he obviously is not happy with field work, that's made clear.

If you say so....
It's on TV here too right now and it still is not good.....
The Hitler scene is so dumb that it hurts.....
But hey,to each their own....
-
travis-dane
100% OLEG!

Postby King Of Nowhere on Sun May 18, 2008 3:57 pm

As papa said, BBC are showing it right now.
Same as last time, they're using a shitty old video copy.
You can see some wobble now & again and the colour is all over the place.

The movie it's self still kicks ass though.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby travis-dane on Sun May 18, 2008 4:11 pm

King Of Nowhere wrote:As papa said, BBC are showing it right now.

WHAT?
We have the new "Remastered/Digital/Widescreen/5.1Dolby" on air here....
I allways thought the BBC is worth something....
-
travis-dane
100% OLEG!

Postby papalazeru on Sun May 18, 2008 4:20 pm

travis-dane wrote:
King Of Nowhere wrote:As papa said, BBC are showing it right now.

WHAT?

Heh! That's what they want you to here. What you don't here is that they threw a hissy fit because they didn't get the tax hike in the license fee so they became spoilt little brats and cut funding to factual programming instead of getting rid of shit channels like BBC3.

papalazeru

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Sun May 18, 2008 4:43 pm

Doesn't Marcus himself at one point in Raiders say -

Five years ago I would have gone after the Ark myself.

Essentially throwing the argument that he's not capable in TLC out of the window?

TLC'ers arguing that point are now pwn3d, I believe.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby travis-dane on Sun May 18, 2008 4:43 pm

papalazeru wrote:
travis-dane wrote:[quot e="King Of Nowhere"]As papa said, BBC are showing it right now.

WHAT?

Heh! That's what they want you to here. What you don't here is that they threw a hissy fit because they didn't get the tax hike in the license fee so they became spoilt little brats and cut funding to factual programming instead of getting rid of shit channels like BBC3.[/quote]

Oh,okay....
Here in Germany we are lucky,we have FreeTV channels(funded from the peoples money),then we have a gazillion Private channels for FreeTV(financed by comercials) and the we have a huge Cable Company called Premiere(like your SKY,Pay TV),which I also have.So I am drowning in TV stations.....
-
travis-dane
100% OLEG!

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Sun May 18, 2008 4:44 pm

minstrel wrote:Look, I didn't say TLC was good. It's pretty mediocre. But it's better than TOD.

Peven, if you'd read my post above, you'd know that I'd already mentioned the library scene as a negative for TLC.

BTW, the musical score for all three movies is lousy. The main Indiana Jones theme is just plain generic hero stuff. Williams did far better in Star Wars. And Williams never was good at the incidental music. Basil Poledouris should have composed the Indy score. Or Jerry Goldsmith.

Proof Minstrel is indeed out of his mind on all counts.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Sun May 18, 2008 4:45 pm

Maui wrote:
caruso_stalker217 wrote:

Yes, there definitely is. I watched this last night and there is one stunning shot of Indy's silhouette in the desert against the setting sun.

Oops, that's Raiders! My bad!

Yes, it's not TLC. Which is shit.

Got to love the slo-mo Tank chase and repeat of the end of TOD in there.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Sun May 18, 2008 4:46 pm

Maui wrote:
Chairman Kaga wrote:

Worst Indy stunt in any of the movies. Even when I was 5 that stuck out like a sore thumb....Like King Solomon's Mines rolling down the hill in a cauldron bad.

hahah, I completely agree. I also prefer Marion to Willie. Willie just screamed and bitched throughout TOD. Sure, she is playing that type of prissy woman, but damn, enough with the broken fingernails already.

RE Willie, she's meant to be that way. She redeems herself as does Indy. She comes through. In fact doesn't Indy comment on her noise as well?

That's character my dear, may be a bit too highbrow for you judging on your other comments though...

Oh, and we're not comparing to Raiders. Both sides agree that's the pinnacle, unless they're total idiots. So the Marion/Willie argument is nothing. Willie/Elsa please. I'd take spunky over bland any day.

(oo-er)
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Sun May 18, 2008 4:48 pm

Peven wrote:
minstrel wrote:

even more ludicrous than Indy bashing a hole through the stone floor of a public library with no one noticing just because the librarian is stamping a few books??? you mean THAT kind of ludicrous tone???? not to mention he does it with one of those chinsy little velvet rope holders as if it that could really break through stone

also, this supposed requirement that Indy's quest must involve some sort of Judeo-Christian relic because THAT WILL MAKE IT RELEVANT TO ME???? sorry, but i don't believe in the Holy Grail, or the Ark of the Covenant, and the idea that a movie must stay adhere to any religious context in order to appeal to me is beyond wrong

This. That and the fact the design on the stone floor changes depending on the camera angle. Check it if you don't believe me.

Lazy filmmaking with a bigger budget? Oh dear!
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Sun May 18, 2008 4:58 pm

Whether them annoying character traits were intentional or not, Willie is still annoying and that makes for shitty cinema. Maybe I wouldn't be so annoyed by the movie if there was just one grating character making annoying sounds, but there's Short Round too. The last Crusade is full of awesome and does not have any annoying characters bitching in the background, mucking up my good time.
Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood

Postby papalazeru on Sun May 18, 2008 5:01 pm

All of you who prefer ToD over TLC......

You chose.....poorly.

I came away from that on a real high. Brilliant!

papalazeru

Postby King Of Nowhere on Sun May 18, 2008 5:07 pm

Fantastic end to the film too.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby darkjedijaina on Sun May 18, 2008 5:11 pm

yeah, i totally just watched TLC as well. and last week i saw TOD. i still say TOD kicks TLC's ass. hardcore.
darkjedijaina
BAD ASH

Postby instant_karma on Sun May 18, 2008 5:19 pm

AtomicHyperbole wrote:This. That and the fact the design on the stone floor changes depending on the camera angle. Check it if you don't believe me.

Lazy filmmaking with a bigger budget? Oh dear!

:roll: Seriously? You're getting that desperate now?

If you check out imdb's goof section there's a pretty extensive list of fuck ups for each of the Indy movies.
instant_karma
Comes in 4 exciting flavours

Postby Maui on Sun May 18, 2008 5:19 pm

AtomicHyperbole wrote:
That's character my dear, may be a bit too highbrow for you judging on your other comments though...

la dee da da da
Last edited by Maui on Sun May 18, 2008 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maui
WoWie

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Sun May 18, 2008 5:19 pm

Retardo_Montalban wrote:Whether them annoying character traits were intentional or not, Willie is still annoying and that makes for shitty cinema. Maybe I wouldn't be so annoyed by the movie if there was just one grating character making annoying sounds, but there's Short Round too. The last Crusade is full of awesome and does not have any annoying characters bitching in the background, mucking up my good time.

It's all a matter of taste and humour, and you've proved you have none because you can't respect the comedic timing of both those characters.

But never mind, you've got the shitfest of TLC to comfort you! Nothing like a bland, unexciting characterless mess to ease away thoughts of actual excitement.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Chairman Kaga on Sun May 18, 2008 5:19 pm

AtomicHyperbole wrote:Doesn't Marcus himself at one point in Raiders say -

Five years ago I would have gone after the Ark myself.

Essentially throwing the argument that he's not capable in TLC out of the window?

TLC'ers arguing that point are now pwn3d, I believe.

Based on what? Nothing shows he would have been capable of doing so only that he believes he would have been or more correctly irrationally believes he would have been. Once again AH's dreams of a Marcus Brody solo film are crushed.
Last edited by Chairman Kaga on Sun May 18, 2008 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

PreviousNext

Return to Movie Discussion