TRON LEGACY

New movies! Old movies! B-movies! Discuss discuss discuss!!!

Re: Tron: The Remakequel!

Postby The Vicar on Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:22 am

buster00 wrote:Is Wendy Carlos still working? Can they bring her back to compose the score?

I thought she'd passed on, but happily I was wrong.
IS she still working, though? Can't tell.

http://www.wendycarlos.com/
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Postby Peven on Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:06 am

i bet they will be borrowing all they can from "Speed Racer" in creating the visual style and effects for this movie

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Bayouwolf on Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:29 am

Peven wrote:i bet they will be borrowing all they can from "Speed Racer" in creating the visual style and effects for this movie

After the anal raping my childhood has already taken with the last 12 months of shitacular remakes (TV, Film, and Music)....

I sincerely hope the hell not.
Bayouwolf
Country Bouy

Postby Peven on Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:27 pm

Bayou wrote:
Peven wrote:i bet they will be borrowing all they can from "Speed Racer" in creating the visual style and effects for this movie

After the anal raping my childhood has already taken with the last 12 months of shitacular remakes (TV, Film, and Music)....

I sincerely hope the hell not.

i meant it as a compliment to "Speed Racer", since it was, imo, a very satisfying blend of CGI and live-action, with an electric color palate that would seem to be along the same lines as one a Tronquel might use.

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Bayouwolf on Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:39 pm

Personally, I'll be happy if they simply show some continuity from old to new. Give us a broken down Recognizer, or a beat up Light Cycle somewhere in the landscape, and I'll gladly lay aside my FanBoy ranting.
Bayouwolf
Country Bouy

Postby Morzongo on Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:11 am

I would love a new movie about Tron, but more mature. The first one looks much simple in story aspects. OK, it introduced to the audience concepts like the net, the beats... but the script was extremely simple and childish.

But the promotional trailer looks great. The good aspect of Tron is that it's aesthetycs are awesome and actual. The designs of the bikes where very futuristic, also nowadays.
Cinemavip - The community for movie proffessionals and amateurs.
Morzongo
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby papalazeru on Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:35 am

I think the new Tron should include more classic games.

In think they should put Snake in there - incredibly popular game with the new generations.
How about Jet Set Willy? Or Caterpillar?
for good measure, throw in a bit of Atic Atac and Sam Foxes Strip poker.

what else should be added?
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby CeeBeeUK on Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:58 am

papalazeru wrote:I think the new Tron should include more classic games.

In think they should put Snake in there - incredibly popular game with the new generations.

But Solid Snake would whip all their arses, surely?
CeeBeeUK
WAIRWOLF GAME

Postby Fried Gold on Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:00 am

Rumour has it that the new Tron film will follow the plot of the 1986 Sega Master System classic "Alex Kidd in Miracle World".
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby CeeBeeUK on Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:03 am

Ribbons wrote:So how do you pronounce that title? Trtwon?

I thought 2ron would have been a better stylistic choice, or even a capital R would be easier to display as a 2?

Basically anything other than Tr2n! :D
CeeBeeUK
WAIRWOLF GAME

Postby Fried Gold on Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:06 am

Two-Ron? (some kind of industrial chemical product)

Twron (the welsh Tron)

2ron (telecommunications company)

Trtwon (some kind of programming language)

Tr-Won (Korean Tron)
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby papalazeru on Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:11 am

Fried Gold wrote:Rumour has it that the new Tron film will follow the plot of the 1986 Sega Master System classic "Alex Kidd in Miracle World".

Pah! Everyone knows it's going to have a beautifully 3D rendered 16 million polygon version of Pong.

I have a clip from the film right here

papalazeru

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:24 pm

papalazeru wrote:I think the new Tron should include more classic games.

They go to Leisure Suit Larry for help. And a good time.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

TR2N

Postby TheButcher on Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:20 pm

From Jim Hill Media: Disney screens proof-of-concept footage for "TR2N"
I'm told that the three minutes of footage that was shown at Comic-Con yesterday wasn't so much a trailer for "TR2N." But -- rather -- a proof of concept. This footage was actually used to convince Mouse House managers that "Tron" could effectively be updated / reimagined for today's audiences. Who obviously demand a bit more edge to their action.

Which is why the first "Tron" 's Flynn character is now being rethought of as a Colonel Kurtz-style villain. Someone who's no longer grounded in reality. But -- rather -- has slipped off into cyberspace where he's now wrecking havoc.

Speaking of Flynn ... I'm told that -- in order to keep word from leaking out that "TR2N" was actually in the works -- Jeff Bridges shot all of his Mad-Old-Flynn scenes with a very small crew in a single afternoon. And that each member of this production team then had to sign confidentiality agreements in order to prevent word from leaking out in advance about the "Tron" sequel.

Which is why this footage caught everyone at Comic-Con by surprise.

Fried Gold wrote:
Chairman Kaga wrote:
Fried Gold wrote:As this new film is both Disney and, it appears, kinda sorta animated....I wonder if this will come into the domain of John Lasseter at all?

Uhhh since Lasseter is now in charge of all aspects of Disney animation I think that's quite the safe bet. If you are wondering if PIXAR will be doing the animation that remains to be seen.

I wasn't really thinking Pixar as such, more just than animation at Disney is reportedly cracking on well under Lasseter now....

...imagine that - PIxar's TRON.

From the AICN frontpage and Jim Hill media:
GAME OVER for TRON's first director

It's been a week now since that "TR2N" teaser trailer ran at Comic-Con. And Disneyana & sci-fi fans are desperate for additional information about this Summer 2010 release.

Well, let me share some info that I'm sure will send all of you "TRON" fanboys out there straight off the Game Grid. Guess who's the real power-behind-the-throne (The Master Control Program, if you will) on this particular Walt Disney Pictures production? Would you believe John Lasseter?

Yep, the Chief Creative Officer of Pixar and Walt Disney Animation Studios has quite the soft spot when it comes to the original "TRON." Lasseter still remembers when he first saw this Steve Lisberger film. Which was back in 1981 when John was just a lowly animator toiling away on "Mickey's Christmas Carol."

One lunch hour while wandering around the Disney lot, Lasseter came upon the trailers where all of the 16 X 20 Kodalith cels that were used in this 1982 production were stored. And it was here that John first saw "TRON" 's lightcycle sequence. And as Lasseter looked at this CG sequence ...

"It absolutely blew me away! A little door in my mind opened up. I looked at it and said, `This is it! This is the future!'"

Mind you, John was quite taken with the look of "TRON" (as well as -- of course -- that film's use of computer animation). But as for that movie's storyline ... Lasseter wasn't really a fan. He felt that Lisberger had missed some obvious opportunities to create a truly compelling piece of entertainment. Something that would have touched an audience's emotions as it dazzled their eyes.

Which is why -- even though Steve (i.e. "TRON" 's original director & co-writer) has spent the past five years developing a script for a sequel -- none of that material will now be used in the production of "TR2N."

Don't get me wrong, folks. Lasseter is still extremely respectful of all the groundbreaking work that Lisberger & his production team did on the first "TRON." Which is why Steve will receive a co-producer credit on this 2010 Walt Disney Pictures release. But as for Lisberger having any real creative input on the sequel ... "GAME OVER !," man.

"So -- if Steve isn't working on the 'TR2N' screenplay anymore -- who is then?," you ask. Well ... Allegedly at John's insistence, Disney hired Eddie Kitsis & Adam Horowitz to create a script for this sequel. Given their long association with "Lost," Kitsis & Horowitz have lots of experience when it comes to guiding colorful characters through surreal settings. Which made Eddie & Adam an obvious choice for the "TR2N" assignment.

And if Lisberger's no longer slated to helm the "TRON" sequel, who's Disney now going to get to direct this movie? Joseph Kosinski. Who has yet to actually direct a full-length feature film but has created some award-winning commercials for Saab, Nike and X-Box.

In fact, if you want to get some sense of the visual look that Joseph wants to bring to "TR2N," click on the above links. Or -- better yet -- check out Kosinski's animated architectural renderings. These will give you a better sense of Joseph's eye. The way this guy moves a camera. Which offers a hint of how truly dazzling a Kosinski-directed version of "TRON" could be.

Speaking of which ... To convince Disney executives that his vision for "TR2N" was commercially viable, Joseph spent six months working in secret with the folks at Digital Domain. Laboring to create a vivid, updated version of "TRON" 's famous lightcycles. With the hope that this three-minute-long sequence would then prove to the suits that a sequel to this 26-year-old film would actually appeal to today's gamers.

Which brings us to Disney Interactive Studios' involvement in the "TR2N" project ... To help prime the pump for this potentially-hugely-profitable profect, Disney's gaming division actually released an Xbox 360 version of those classic arcade games, "TRON" and "Discs of TRON," last summer. Given the huge number of units that were then sold to video game players as well as "TRON" fans ... It was clear that there are a lot of people out there who -- just like John Lasseter -- have a very soft spot in their hearts when it comes to this particular Walt Disney Productions release.

Last edited by TheButcher on Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Fried Gold on Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:18 pm

Hmm....I wonder if I'm right about this too:

Fried Gold wrote:Rumour has it that the new Tron film will follow the plot of the 1986 Sega Master System classic "Alex Kidd in Miracle World".
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Bayouwolf on Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:23 pm

Fried Gold wrote:Hmm....I wonder if I'm right about this too:

I only hope that the soundtrack includes that bitchin "Sonic CD" themesong.....

"Sonic boom, sonic boom, sonic boooooooom.........."
Bayouwolf
Country Bouy

Postby Fried Gold on Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:00 pm

Bayou wrote:
Fried Gold wrote:Hmm....I wonder if I'm right about this too:

I only hope that the soundtrack includes that bitchin "Sonic CD" themesong.....

"Sonic boom, sonic boom, sonic boooooooom.........."

Or the ultra-lame "Escape from the City" song from Sonic Adventure 2.

Everybody...2...3...4.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBtNfsm3DzQ
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

TR2N

Postby TheButcher on Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:46 pm

From AICN: Harry has a brief chat with Steven Lisberger (TRON) Regarding TR2N!!!
Hey Harry-

Jim Hill’s piece on Tr2n sounds very dramatic but actually we are trying to put all the drama into the script. I can assure you I am very much involved with Tr2n. It’s a collaborative effort just like the first film was. We have a very talented and dedicated young group and I am doing my best to inspire them as much as they are inspiring me. The trailer, as amazing as it is, is only the beginning.

All the best,

Steven Lisberger

Thank God!
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Fried Gold on Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:00 am

Lisberger wrote:My capacity is to be the best creative force I can be on the project and a mentor - which is my job as Producer.

Why does this remind of that Family Guy episode - "The King Is Dead" - where Lois tells Peter he's too creative and should be the producer?
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

TR2N

Postby TheButcher on Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:08 pm

From THR.com: The Inside Dope On Disney's Upcoming Slate
Chris Hewitt wrote:Tron 2 – or Tr2n, as it’s apparently going to be known - just looked fucking ace. It was the standout piece of footage for me, even if it was the footage that was shown at this year’s Comic-Con. Basically, it’s a massive bike race between a green and blue bike. Blue goes through green's wake, gets smashed up, and the green rider walks up to him and kills him off. Then comes the reveal - that he is a young Jeff Bridges. Pretty awesome and this is only a teaser. If the movie’s anything like this, it will be truly special.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:14 pm

TheButcher wrote:From THR.com: The Inside Dope On Disney's Upcoming Slate
Chris Hewitt wrote:Tron 2 – or Tr2n, as it’s apparently going to be known - just looked fucking ace. It was the standout piece of footage for me, even if it was the footage that was shown at this year’s Comic-Con. Basically, it’s a massive bike race between a green and blue bike. Blue goes through green's wake, gets smashed up, and the green rider walks up to him and kills him off. Then comes the reveal - that he is a young Jeff Bridges. Pretty awesome and this is only a teaser. If the movie’s anything like this, it will be truly special.

i'm still so fucking pissed I missed this footage at CC. I was in line at the coffee cart...
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

TR2N

Postby TheButcher on Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:19 pm

That sucks!

From AICN: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/38482
Electric Dreams wrote:They showed the TRON 2 trailer (and everyone went nuts), the same that was shown at Comic Con and
Dick said it was for sure a go.
Last edited by TheButcher on Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

TR2N

Postby TheButcher on Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:34 am

From AICN: TRON 2 Is Crewing Up! http://www.aintitcool.com/node/38582

Beaks wrote:Last week, Disney informed us that TRON 2 (or TR2N) is indeed heading into production. While this was reassuring after the maybe/maybe not announcement at Comic Con (that eye-popping teaser was essentially test footage), the lack of specificity (aside from director Joseph Kosinski and writers Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis) bothered me. If this is really happening, shouldn't there be some additional talent already attached?

Well, there is. And it's some seriously talented talent. Tonight, WATCHMEN and 300 costume designer Michael Wilkinson confirmed to me that TR2N is his next project (after TERMINATOR SALVATION). He couldn't offer up any precise detail on what he'll do with those iconic outfits, but it's comforting to know that he's approaching the film as a fan of the original. (He seemed impressed that I own a "Flynn's" t-shirt. Impressed or quietly sickened. Hard to tell when you barely know someone.)

Hopefully, we'll have more names to pass along over the next few weeks. We'll certainly have more on WB's WATCHMEN presentation, which was very, very convincing. That six-minute opening credit sequence scored to Bob Dylan's original recording of "The Times They Are a-Changin'" is one for the pantheon. I do believe Zack Snyder's got the goods, folks.
Last edited by TheButcher on Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby tfactor on Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:58 am

I don't know how the hell I missed news about trickitricki Tr2n but let me tell you; my nipples could cut glass right now. My pants - tent city!

Finally a movie that absolutely should be remade. Plus J Bridgel (he likes to be called that over "mr bridges" fyi) being in this movie is just the nostalgia icing on the cake of awesomeness.

Wait a sec ... 2011?!?!?! TWO THOUSAND ELEVEN?!?!?!? Mother fu...
tfactor
KING SMARMY

TR2N

Postby TheButcher on Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:40 pm

From AICN: Mr. Beaks's Brief Encounter With Joseph Kosinski, The Director Of TR2N!!
1) Lisberger is involved as a consultant. Kosinski couldn't be happier about this. He mentioned that Lisberger (and, presumably, Syd Mead) initially wanted the light cycles to have external riders, but they couldn't convincingly pull it off with the technology of the early '80s. So those light cycles you saw in the Comic Con test footage essentially reflect Lisberger's original design.

2) The Comic Con teaser was shot in stereoscopic 3D, and the film will be, too. Kosinski is particularly excited about the look of the game grid in this format.

3) Shooting TR2N will be a "twenty-four month" process, but Kosinski's already been at it for a while now. He didn't give me an exact date, but he seems confident that the movie could be ready for late 2010.

4) As we reported last week, WATCHMEN's Michael Wilkinson is designing the costumes. He officially joins the production this week.

From Cinematical: Jeff Bridges Talks About the Cutting Edge of 'Tron 2'
http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2008/sep/27/1
There's such a retro love for Tron. How do you bring it up to date?

Well, when we made Tron there was no internet, no cellphones. But now we have motion capture, so I think we'll get a far more successful version of the story, which is someone literally getting sucked into a video game. When we did King Kong in the 70s, one minute you'd have a shot of Rick Baker in this big suit and then you'd cut to this 80ft stiff model, and they looked nothing alike. Compare to that Peter Jackson's King Kong the technology is there and they did a wonderful job. I thought they created a beautiful Kong. So I hope that'll be the same for Tron.
Last edited by TheButcher on Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

TR2N

Postby TheButcher on Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:10 am

From Variety 01/30/2008: LivePlanet film unit takes final bow

MICHAEL FLEMING wrote:The film unit of LivePlanet, the multimedia company formed eight years ago by Ben Affleck, Matt Damon and Sean Bailey, is shuttering; its deal with Disney ended Dec. 31.

Bailey has formed Idealogy Inc. and made a deal at Disney that runs through 2010. He will take over all of the scripted film projects launched through LivePlanet.

Idealogy Inc. starts with a full film slate that includes a Joe Kosinski-directed "Tron" remake ready to go into production; Bailey will produce with Steve Lisberger.

Also nearly ready for lensing is "Liberty," a contemporary action project Bailey wrote with Andrew Marlowe and Jeffrey Nachmanoff.

S P O I L E R S:
From /film: Tron 2 Renamed? Possible Plot Information Revealed!
Last edited by TheButcher on Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

TR2N

Postby TheButcher on Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:45 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Tron 2.0

Postby TheButcher on Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:34 am

FromTHR.com: 'Tron 2.0' has its first two players

Borys Kit wrote:Olivia Wilde and Beau Garrett are the first to sign on for "Tron 2.0," the sequel to the 1982 Disney cult classic being directed by Joseph Kosinski.

Sean Bailey is producing along with Steven Lisberger, who co-wrote and directed the original film, and Jeff Silver.

The original, about a programmer thrust into a computer and forced to fight in games he helped create, is remembered for its sci-fi gladiator-style battles and groundbreaking special effects.

The new movie is acting as a "next chapter." Plot details are being guarded closely, but Wilde will play a worker in the virtual world who tries to help fight Master Control Program, the villainous intelligence protocol that was the nemesis in the original film.

Garrett will play a siren in the virtual world.

The male lead has not been cast, but the studio and filmmakers are screen-testing actors as it brings on other leads and supporting players.

"Tron 2.0" is eyeing a spring shoot and is shaping up as one of the studio's most anticipated projects in years. Kosinski shot reels to test technology and showcase his vision for the film; the footage screened at Comic-Con in July and was one of the most buzzed-about films coming out of the geekfest.

Brigham Taylor is overseeing for Disney.

Wilde, repped by Endeavor and Kass & Stokes Management, can be seen on the Fox series "House." She next appears in "The Year One" with Jack Black and Michael Cera. Garrett, repped by ICM and 1 Management, appeared in "Made of Honor" and "Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer." The two appeared together in "Turistas."
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

TRON 2 (HATERS ZERO)

Postby TheButcher on Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:29 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Chairman Kaga on Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:05 am

Can someone change the title of this thread since this is obviously not a remake?
Go fuck yourself.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Re: TRON 2 (HATERS ZERO)

Postby Gerald Fried on Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:05 am

No "virtual"?

I wanted all the characters to wear early-90s Lawnmower Man style giant headsets.
Gerald Fried
STEAK-A-BABY

Re: TR2N

Postby papalazeru on Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:09 am

I'm excited and cautious with the 3D announcement. Not one film that's been made 3D has been a success and I remember my bad experience from Freddy 6 and Jaws 3-D.

But, nevertheless, TR2N really excited me and still could be a first for 3D, ie. a success.

Trouble is, Tr2N was almost Avant Garde so making it 3D is almost Retro. I know there's a new wave of 3D coming through and cinema are desperate to push the experience but come on! Something new maybe?

papalazeru

Re: TR2N 3D

Postby Steven Walker on Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:17 am

I thought Beowulf was awesome in 3D. That movie was proof-of-concept for me. I think this only bodes well for Tron. In fact, the more I think about it the more it seems like it is meant to be. High speed Light Cycle races in 3D? Where do I sign up?

I know it is waaaaay too early to be speculating on this, but I want to know what the score will be like. I love the music in Tron! I really hope they find a way to have that same vibe while still updating it effectively.
Steven Walker
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Location: Austin, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy

Postby buster00 on Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:04 am

TR2N FAST TR2N FURIOUS
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby King Of Nowhere on Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:37 am

If it's called Tron 2.0 internationally, will the American version be Live Free or Die Tron :?:
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby papalazeru on Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:56 pm

King Of Nowhere wrote:If it's called Tron 2.0 internationally, will the American version be Live Free or Die Tron :?:

TR2Π :lol:

(sorry Ascii code for pi doesn't show up that well)

papalazeru

TRON

Postby TheButcher on Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:30 am

From AICN: The Star Of Disney’s TRON Sequel Is
From THR.com: 'Tron' sequel lands lead
Borys Kit wrote:Disney has picked up-and-comer Garrett Hedlund to star in "Tron," the studio's sequel to the 1982 cult classic by the same name being directed by Joseph Kosinski.

Hedlund, who made his debut in 2004's "Troy," has until now acted in larger ensemble pieces. He was one of the football players in Peter Berg's "Friday Night Lights," one of the foursome in the ensemble thriller "Four Brothers," a supporting player in the fantasy film "Eragon," and he appeared opposite Lindsay Lohan, Jane Fonda and Felicity Huffman in "Georgia Rule."

Hedlund has been considered one of those actors that is on the cusp within the industry, though without much of a profile in middle America. Starring in a $150 million effects-intensive feature could change that.

Disney cast a wide net as it searched for the role that, because of the title, generated a lot of interest. Such potential leads as Ryan Gosling and Chris Pine met on the project, while Michael Stahl-David ("Cloverfield') was one of the those that screen-tested.

Hedlund will play the lead, a man who finds himself pulled into the world of a computer and retracing the steps of a character from the original movie named Kevin Flynn.

Jeff Bridges is reprising the role of Flynn, who was a computer programr but ended up as the CEO of a software corporation. Olivia Wilde and Beau Garrett have also been cast in the project, which was known as "Tron 2" and "Tr2n" but it now going with the simple "Tron."

Sean Bailey is producing along with Steven Lisberger, who co-wrote and directed the original film, and Jeff Silver. The movie is eyeing a spring shoot.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Gerald Fried on Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:11 am

I keep misreading those reports and thinking people are getting excited about the casting of Beau Bridges.
Gerald Fried
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby papalazeru on Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:22 pm

I thought it was Leslie Garret and it was going to be a sing-a-long

papalazeru

Postby Fried Gold on Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:04 pm

Tron 2 - starring Beau Bridges and Leslie Garrett

...straight to video.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby papalazeru on Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:56 pm

Fried Gold wrote:Tron 2 - starring Beau Bridges and Leslie Garrett

...straight to bin.

papalazeru

Postby Fried Gold on Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:20 pm

papalazeru wrote:Tron 2 - starring Beau Bridges and Leslie Garrett

...straight to Movies4Men.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby papalazeru on Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:24 pm

Surely that would be...

[Zoom in big letters]
Arnold

[again]
Willis

[And again]
Stallone....in

the biggest 3D blockbuster of all time ever. IF...THERE'S...ONE...MOVIE...YOU...EVER...SEE...MAKE IT THIS ONE.....

Tron 2.

[The biggest font eva]DIRECTED BY MICHAEL 'MY MOVIE' BAY[/The biggest font eva]

papalazeru

Postby King Psyz on Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:57 pm

*dies all over again*

If the movie comes out half way close to this cool I'll be stoked.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby monorail77 on Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:56 pm

Nice clip

I just came a little.
"All we have is language; that's the one tool that enables us to grasp hold of our lives and transcend our fate by understanding it."
-Harlan Ellison

monorail77
AIRWOLF

Postby Maui on Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:30 pm

Cool clip! The light cycles are not turning on hard angles though. :(
Maui
WoWie

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:21 pm

That's the one they showed at SD Comic Con this summer. It's important to note (maybe...maybe nobody cares) that this was explained to us as being essentially a "concept" clip, to show that it could look really farking cool. It may not be 100% reflective of what the film looks like.

That said, it does look really cool, and I hope it IS pretty close...
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Official Tron 2 Trailer to Premeire at 2009 SDCC

Postby TheButcher on Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:29 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

TRON

Postby TheButcher on Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:16 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: TR2N 3D (now w/ concept clip)

Postby TheButcher on Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:53 pm

From the Phil Saunders Blog: Stunningly Long Absence!!

Sorry to have been away so long from posting, I've been bogged down in work. I just finished a stint of 12 hour days (plus 2 hours of commuting) in the costume department for TR2N. I am now happily ensconced once again in the Art Department (shorter hours, 5 minutes from home... Ahhh...) so hopefully I'll have a chance to post more frequently again!

So here are a couple of things to whet your appetite... A pair of key frames from an early pass by Jon Favreau at bringing John Carter of Mars to the screen.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

PreviousNext

Return to Movie Discussion