The Zone's 2009 Movie Journal

New movies! Old movies! B-movies! Discuss discuss discuss!!!

Re: The Zone's 2009 Movie Journal

Postby TK-421 on Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:30 am

I think a list of the best and worst films I see each month will be a lot more interesting once I start reviewing, or just stop watching series'. I spent most of January watching Buffy, and I'll be spending a large part of February going through Angel, so there won't be a huge list of films to choose from either month.

Still, I would like a summary of some kind, so I'll just give out some random commendations to the stuff I've seen over the last month.

Most pretentious film:

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button; it's epic, it's sentimental and it brushes against historical events. In a nutshell, it's Forrest Gump backwards, which is about as pretentious as they come. But not in any negative sense. The scope is grand, and the result is magnificent.

Least pretentious:

Office Space - just a fantastic comedy, as is, without delusions of grandeour like some films, it is completely down to Earth and all the more charming for it.

Best 'melt-like-the-Nazis-in Raiders-out-of-awe':

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Hush. Although 'The Body' in season five, and 'Once More, With Feeling' from season six are both phenomenal episodes, nothing really matches the sheer geek-glee this hour-long mime show evinced in me. From gags to pure horror, it shows Whedon at his absolute, show-stopping best.
The only trouble with this episode is that I haven't anyone to nerd about it with; I refuse to show it to people stand-alone, because it really is the greatest Buffy ever did. If I'm trying to get them into the show, they'd be disappointed to never find as good an episode.

Best skin-crawler:

While parts of Changeling were creepy as hell, there's really no topping the all-out horror Ridley Scott mastered with Alien. The long, brooding takes of the ship's claustrophobia in the vastness of space are absolutely fantastic.

Anyway, would do more but I haven't the time.
TK-421
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Bloo on Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:19 am

so in DEMOLITION MAN there is a scene where, in true comic book fashion, Snipes and his cronies are sitting around drirnking beer with chicks on them

however it's stated that sex and booze are outlawed, the only people that have it is Leary who snipes is out to kill. So where did Snipes and crew get the women and booze.

ok minor nitpicking but whatever
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby Nachokoolaid on Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:17 pm

But I thought Snipes and his cronies were hiding out down in the sewers where all the sex and beer and everything was at. Right?
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Bloo on Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:47 am

Nachokoolaid wrote:But I thought Snipes and his cronies were hiding out down in the sewers where all the sex and beer and everything was at. Right?

they were, but all that was implied to be only in Leary's group, so they would have to go there to get women and booze, go back to their Dick Tracy Villians Lair to plot to kill Leary
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby Nachokoolaid on Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:09 pm

I always took it as there was an underground city just like there was one above ground, and Leary and his buds just happened to live down there. It wasn't that they were the only ones there. It was just everyone that was too poor or wouldn't conform.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Nachokoolaid on Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:48 pm

Anyone want to talk about the movie TAKEN with Liam Neeson? I thought it kicked ass, and I searched and I couldn't find a thread, even though I thought there was already a thread.

Granted, I haven't really seen crap this year, but it's my favorite film of the year so far.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby caruso_stalker217 on Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:02 am

I'm gonna second that. I really enjoyed TAKEN, even though we got the watered down PG-13 version I still thought it kicked ass. Liam Neeson is truly a god among men.

The unrated DVD will surely blow my balls off.
caruso_stalker217
TOO AGED FOR THIS MALARKEY

Postby Chris a.k.a StuntMike on Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:44 am

Nachokoolaid wrote:Anyone want to talk about the movie TAKEN with Liam Neeson? I thought it kicked ass, and I searched and I couldn't find a thread, even though I thought there was already a thread.

Granted, I haven't really seen crap this year, but it's my favorite film of the year so far.

Loved it. Saw it quite a few months ago. It made my top ten of last year for sure.
Chris a.k.a StuntMike
Not without incident

Postby Bloo on Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:35 am

I've kind of dropped the ball this month but some new updates, need to squeeze in as much as possible in the next couple of days
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby caruso_stalker217 on Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:58 am

I hear you, brother. I managed to squeeze in a couple tonight and I'm looking at tackling LORDING OF THE RINGS: DOS TOWERS tomorrow/today/whenever the hell I wake up.
caruso_stalker217

Postby Bloo on Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:34 am

caruso_stalker217 wrote:I hear you, brother. I managed to squeeze in a couple tonight and I'm looking at tackling LORDING OF THE RINGS: DOS TOWERS tomorrow/today/whenever the hell I wake up.

I bought FARGO awhile back and have been thinking about watching it, haven't seen it in forever
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby Nachokoolaid on Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:12 pm

caruso_stalker217 wrote:I hear you, brother. I managed to squeeze in a couple tonight and I'm looking at tackling LORDING OF THE RINGS: DOS TOWERS tomorrow/today/whenever the hell I wake up.

I like that one. Very good. In my opinion, I'd rank the films:
FOTR
TTT
ROTK.

I thought they got worse (slightly) as the story progressed. I think it was that earlier on, Jackson's interpretations were grander than what I had imagined, but in ROTK, some of the things in my imagination seemed better.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Bloo on Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:20 am

I just finished APALOOSA and loved it, question how close was it to it's source material (if anyone has read it) and how good is the squeal?
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby caruso_stalker217 on Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:50 am

I didn't really watch a whole lot this month, but here we go. The Best and Worst of February:

THE BEST:

TAKEN. Neeson kicks so much fucking ass. He is a god.
THE PHILADELPHIA STORY. Old school romantic comedy shit. Cary Grant, Katharine Hepburn, Jimmy fuckin' Stewart. I really enjoyed this one.
AFTER HOURS. Probably my favorite Scorsese movie. Crazy shit.

THE WORST:

MANIAC COP 2. This is only the worst because I gave it the lowest rating this month, 5/10. It's fucking stupid, but I enjoyed it anyway.
caruso_stalker217

Postby Chris a.k.a StuntMike on Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:57 am

February

The best: Apocalypse Now. A no-brainer. Still one of my favorite movies of all time.

The worst: Robocop 3. Not much else to say except fuck this garbage film.
Chris a.k.a StuntMike
Not without incident

Postby Bloo on Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:55 pm

BEST
APPOLASSA-some minor complaints mainly doing with Renne Zwelleger, but Viggo makes up for it with sheer badassness

worst
I must have watched a lot of shitty movies this month because I could easily make the case for
AVP:REQUIM
or
TRAILER PARK BOYS:THE MOVIE
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby DaleTremont on Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:20 pm

I guess I rated Misery and Coraline the highest for this month. I loved both of those. But a special shoutout needs to go to The Hunted as well. That train scene just made my day.

Worst was Mamma Mia, which I didn't even enjoy in a guiltily pleasurable kind of way. I thought it just went back and forth between boring and grating. I also had no love for Safe. Kubrick had equally interesting and beautifully composed shots in The Shining but he also had an actual story and a good movie. I'm not sure I understand Todd Haynes. I love Velvet Goldmine, but I couldn't even get through that Poison movie he did. I've yet to watch the one about the anorexic dolls and the Bob Dylan biopic so maybe once I see those I'll be able to come to a verdict on the guy.
DaleTremont
Loincloth Bronson

Postby Al Shut on Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:48 pm

February was a meagre month for me too

Out of the two/three movies that I watched and enjoyed to a degree the best was maybe Der müde Theodor, nice old fashioned harmless comedy from '57.

no worst movie, since I didn't thought any of the movies was actually bad.
Note to myself: Fix this image shit!
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby Chris a.k.a StuntMike on Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:17 pm

DaleTremont wrote:I guess I rated Misery and Coraline the highest for this month. I loved both of those. But a special shoutout needs to go to The Hunted as well. That train scene just made my day.

Worst was Mamma Mia, which I didn't even enjoy in a guiltily pleasurable kind of way. I thought it just went back and forth between boring and grating. I also had no love for Safe. Kubrick had equally interesting and beautifully composed shots in The Shining but he also had an actual story and a good movie. I'm not sure I understand Todd Haynes. I love Velvet Goldmine, but I couldn't even get through that Poison movie he did. I've yet to watch the one about the anorexic dolls and the Bob Dylan biopic so maybe once I see those I'll be able to come to a verdict on the guy.

Nice to see love for The Hunted. Man, I love that film. I'm talking about the 2005 version with Tommy Lee Jones of course.
Chris a.k.a StuntMike
Not without incident

Postby DaleTremont on Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:24 pm

Chris a.k.a StuntMike wrote:
DaleTremont wrote:I guess I rated Misery and Coraline the highest for this month. I loved both of those. But a special shoutout needs to go to The Hunted as well. That train scene just made my day.

Nice to see love for The Hunted. Man, I love that film.

It was super good. Plus in addition to the samurai scenes I really liked a lot of the little character stuff. Christopher Lambert was adorable. The part in the beginning when he takes off his pants to reveal boxers with little pigs on them, the girl is like, "Piggies?", and he's like, all bashful, "I like piggies." I don't know why but it cracked me up and warmed my heart all at the same time.
DaleTremont
Loincloth Bronson

Postby Chris a.k.a StuntMike on Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:02 pm

DaleTremont wrote:
Chris a.k.a StuntMike wrote:

Nice to see love for The Hunted. Man, I love that film.

It was super good. Plus in addition to the samurai scenes I really liked a lot of the little character stuff. Christopher Lambert was adorable. The part in the beginning when he takes off his pants to reveal boxers with little pigs on them, the girl is like, "Piggies?", and he's like, all bashful, "I like piggies." I don't know why but it cracked me up and warmed my heart all at the same time.

See, I fucked up there. I was talking about the '05 Benicio/Tommy film. But your description of the Lambert one has spiked my attention. I shall seek it out.
Chris a.k.a StuntMike
Not without incident

Postby Bloo on Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:07 pm

yeah I was wondering if Lambert was in the '05 one as well, but I'm interested now in seeking out Lambert's The Hunted
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby TK-421 on Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:09 pm

I haven't really seen enough films to compose a decent list of the best and worst - plus, I've been pretty satisfied with the entire lot, as my generally positive scores indicate. A couple of impromptu awards though:

Best Amalgam of All Things Sci-Fi: Galaxy Quest

Itty bits of everything in that film means half the fun lies in guessing the reference. Good times.

Most Impressive Shooting for a Blind Guy: Ray Charles, The Blues Brothers

That cameo cracks me up everytime, hilariously self-satirising stuff.

Baddest Villain - Castor Troy, Face/Off

For numerous moments of ultimate badness - shooting his own friends and the like. Cutting up his face was fairly crazy as well.
TK-421
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Chris a.k.a StuntMike on Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:16 pm

TK-421 wrote:I haven't really seen enough films to compose a decent list of the best and worst - plus, I've been pretty satisfied with the entire lot, as my generally positive scores indicate. A couple of impromptu awards though:

Best Amalgam of All Things Sci-Fi: Galaxy Quest

Itty bits of everything in that film means half the fun lies in guessing the reference. Good times.

Most Impressive Shooting for a Blind Guy: Ray Charles, The Blues Brothers

That cameo cracks me up everytime, hilariously self-satirising stuff.

Baddest Villain - Castor Troy, Face/Off

For numerous moments of ultimate badness - shooting his own friends and the like. Cutting up his face was fairly crazy as well.

Something tells me Ray was aiming for the kid. "Did I get him?"
Chris a.k.a StuntMike
Not without incident

Postby TK-421 on Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:27 pm

Chris a.k.a StuntMike wrote:Something tells me Ray was aiming for the kid. "Did I get him?"

Whatever told you that, find it and kill it.
TK-421
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby davewood on Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:29 pm

Best: The Quiet Earth A nifty, low-key little '80's movie I had completly forgotten about. If you haven't seen it dig it up, worth the effort.

Worst: Deep Space A not nifty, piece o' crap 'Alien' knock-off 'starring' (and I use the word very loosely) Charles Naipier (the poor mans James Remar) and Ron Glass (of 'Barney Miller' fame). This train-wreak of a movie was on late night on 'The Space Channel' in Canada and I was unable t avert my eyes. Fred Olen Ray (a man who could teach volumes to Uwe Boll about craptacularness) achieved the impossible. He made a show so hideouley god aful, I was stunned for the duration of it and was unable to even save myself during commercial breaks. To tell you the truth, I sat, befuddled on my couch for so long, a little bit of pee came out...or maybe it was just my uncontrollable laughter at Julie Newmar's (literally) phoned-in preformance as 'crazy psycic lady. If you're man enough, check it out, I dares ya'.
davewood
GLIB

Postby Chris a.k.a StuntMike on Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:14 pm

davewood wrote:Best: The Quiet Earth A nifty, low-key little '80's movie I had completly forgotten about. If you haven't seen it dig it up, worth the effort.

Worst: Deep Space A not nifty, piece o' crap 'Alien' knock-off 'starring' (and I use the word very loosely) Charles Naipier (the poor mans James Remar) and Ron Glass (of 'Barney Miller' fame). This train-wreak of a movie was on late night on 'The Space Channel' in Canada and I was unable t avert my eyes. Fred Olen Ray (a man who could teach volumes to Uwe Boll about craptacularness) achieved the impossible. He made a show so hideouley god aful, I was stunned for the duration of it and was unable to even save myself during commercial breaks. To tell you the truth, I sat, befuddled on my couch for so long, a little bit of pee came out...or maybe it was just my uncontrollable laughter at Julie Newmar's (literally) phoned-in preformance as 'crazy psycic lady. If you're man enough, check it out, I dares ya'.

Agreed. The Quiet Earth is a gem.
Chris a.k.a StuntMike
Not without incident

Postby Bloo on Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:36 pm

davewood wrote: Fred Olen Ray (a man who could teach volumes to Uwe Boll about craptacularness) achieved the impossible. He made a show so hideouley god aful, I was stunned for the duration of it and was unable to even save myself during commercial breaks.

that's how I felt about TRAILER PARK BOYS: THE MOVIE

I know this show has fans, can one of them explain it to me...or one of you Canadians out there
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby havocSchultz on Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:16 am

Bloo wrote:
davewood wrote: Fred Olen Ray (a man who could teach volumes to Uwe Boll about craptacularness) achieved the impossible. He made a show so hideouley god aful, I was stunned for the duration of it and was unable to even save myself during commercial breaks.

that's how I felt about TRAILER PARK BOYS: THE MOVIE

I know this show has fans, can one of them explain it to me...or one of you Canadians out there

I am Canadian...

And Trailer Park Boys fucking rock...

I can't explain why...
But I do find myself laughing more often than not at the show...

Especially a lot of the side characters (who, in all fairness, were not as predominant in the film as they sometimes are in the show...)
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby davewood on Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:06 pm

Sorry man, I really can't explain The Trailer Park Boys. While I find Bubbles kind of amusing, I just don't see the ha-ha value of the rest of it. Mind you, I'm from Saskatchewan, maybe it's more of an East Coast thing and less of a Canadian thing
davewood
GLIB

Postby havocSchultz on Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:46 pm

davewood wrote:Sorry man, I really can't explain The Trailer Park Boys. While I find Bubbles kind of amusing, I just don't see the ha-ha value of the rest of it. Mind you, I'm from Saskatchewan, maybe it's more of an East Coast thing and less of a Canadian thing

The farthest east I've ever lived is Winnipeg - which is where I mostly grew up...
It is an acquired taste though...

I can understand people not finding it funny and/or finding it annoying...
Just as well as I can understand why people love it...

I mean, it's no Corner Gas...but it does pack a good amount of low brow, booze & drug fueled vulgar laughs along the way...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Bloo on Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:49 pm

I didn't enjoy it, but then maybe The Movie wasn't the best way to introduce myself to the Trailer Park Boys

That said my taste in comedy may not be everyone elses so...
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby Nachokoolaid on Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:13 pm

I never posted my best and worst of the month. Pretty slow month overall.

TAKEN was clearly the best. It rocked my socks off. Liam Neeson totally owned the role and everyone in that film.

THE RINGER with Johnny Knoxville trying to act was the worst, even though I've seen far worse films.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby davewood on Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:41 pm

Havoc; well, that explains it...everyone knows you 'pegger's are dicks...lol (I was born in St. Boniface....go Bombers!). Anyway, I don't dislike TPB's, I just don't get the funnies from it, I thought maybe it was a New Brunswick thing...oddly enough, I'm kinda the same way with Corner Gas, don't really feel for it one way or t'other...and I live in Regina, I think there's some sort of Provincial by-law that you have to worship that damn show here. Nope, the one that really irks me is Little Mosque. Now I haven't watched it since the 1st season, but what I did see really should have been called 'Rural White Folks are Paraniod, Slack-Jawed Hillbillies, Aren't they funny?'. Whoops, sorry for the 'All-Canadian TV Hour'...now, back to your regularlly scheduled movie discussion.
davewood
GLIB

Postby BuckyO'harre on Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:05 pm

Watched some Trailer Park Boys clips on youtube.
Liquor and Whores was pretty funny, and some of the Rickyisms.

How do you guys feel about the Red Green Show?

:oops:
I'm goin'...
Thank you, Zoners, for the kindness, tolerance, and enlightenment you've shared with me. It may not have been deserved, but it was greatly appreciated nonetheless. Soupy twist.
BuckyO'harre
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Bloo on Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:13 pm

I am a fan of The Red Green Show

what does that say about me
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby havocSchultz on Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:58 pm

davewood wrote:Havoc; well, that explains it...everyone knows you 'pegger's are dicks...lol (I was born in St. Boniface....go Bombers!). Anyway, I don't dislike TPB's, I just don't get the funnies from it, I thought maybe it was a New Brunswick thing...oddly enough, I'm kinda the same way with Corner Gas, don't really feel for it one way or t'other...and I live in Regina, I think there's some sort of Provincial by-law that you have to worship that damn show here. Nope, the one that really irks me is Little Mosque. Now I haven't watched it since the 1st season, but what I did see really should have been called 'Rural White Folks are Paraniod, Slack-Jawed Hillbillies, Aren't they funny?'. Whoops, sorry for the 'All-Canadian TV Hour'...now, back to your regularlly scheduled movie discussion.

So it's about Saskatchewan...?

Bloo wrote:I am a fan of The Red Green Show

what does that say about me

It says you're a Republican (Conservative in Canadian speak...)

I could see Sarah Palin loving The Red Green Show and its emphasis on hunting and lumberjackets and duct tape...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Bloo on Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:42 pm

but I also like The Office (UK and US) South Park, NewsRadio...

yeah I am and I'm ok with that, I'm dealing, in therapy
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby havocSchultz on Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:14 pm

Bloo wrote:but I also like The Office (UK and US) South Park, NewsRadio...

Ha...you've readily admitted that you've tested positive for Republicanitis in the past...so I had to throw it out there...

And another thing about Trailer Park Boys (and I'm not asking for a confession here from anybody) but it is also a lot funnier (in my opinion) if you have a tendency to dance with Mary Jane on occasion (or more often than not...either way)

I know that's been an issue with some of friends who have never smoked up - and they hate Trailer Park Boys...
But I reported them to CSIS (Canada's CIA) and they've been dealt with accordingly...(kicked out of the country)
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby caruso_stalker217 on Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:57 pm

Hey now I quite enjoyed "The Red Green Show" when I was a kid and I'm a filthy fuckin' liberal.
caruso_stalker217

Postby stereosforgeeks on Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:31 pm

havocSchultz wrote:
Bloo wrote:but I also like The Office (UK and US) South Park, NewsRadio...

Ha...you've readily admitted that you've tested positive for Republicanitis in the past...so I had to throw it out there...

And another thing about Trailer Park Boys (and I'm not asking for a confession here from anybody) but it is also a lot funnier (in my opinion) if you have a tendency to dance with Mary Jane on occasion (or more often than not...either way)

I know that's been an issue with some of friends who have never smoked up - and they hate Trailer Park Boys...
But I reported them to CSIS (Canada's CIA) and they've been dealt with accordingly...(kicked out of the country)

TPB is fn hilarious. Those guys so fully inhabit those characters that it doesnt remotely come across as acting. The entire show comes across as both an indictment and a loving tribute the fucked up life of trailer parks.

Some friends who live(d) in Halifax got me into it some years ago. I dont think I ever would have come across it otherwise.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Bloo on Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:15 pm

well the few times I've danced with MJ weren't very pleasent experinces for me :lol: just made me crazy paranoid

I also have like 80% of my family are stupid drug dealing rednecks so maybe it just hit a little too close to home

or maybe I was just in a pissy mood the night I watched it
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby stereosforgeeks on Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:40 pm

Bloo wrote:well the few times I've danced with MJ weren't very pleasent experinces for me :lol: just made me crazy paranoid

I also have like 80% of my family are stupid drug dealing rednecks so maybe it just hit a little too close to home

The movie isnt really good either.

The show really hits its stride in season 2/3 and I'd try giving it a shot.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Bloo on Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:38 am

stereosforgeeks wrote:
Bloo wrote:well the few times I've danced with MJ weren't very pleasent experinces for me :lol: just made me crazy paranoid

The movie isnt really good either.

The show really hits its stride in season 2/3 and I'd try giving it a shot.

well I'll give the show a shot based on you guys praising it...but if it sucks I'm coming for scalps
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby Nachokoolaid on Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:19 pm

Updated with some Watchmen love. I really enjoyed it, and yes, I was a huge fan of the comic. Snyder and Co. did a hell of a job in my opinion.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Bloo on Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:43 am

haven't watched The Watchmen yet, my theatre still doesn't have it...torrents so tempting
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby Kutulhu on Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:55 am

Bloo wrote:haven't watched The Watchmen yet, my theatre still doesn't have it...torrents so tempting

Road trip
Kutulhu
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Bloo on Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:39 am

Kutulhu wrote:
Bloo wrote:haven't watched The Watchmen yet, my theatre still doesn't have it...torrents so tempting

Road trip

that's what I think it's going to come down to, Road Trip
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby Maui on Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:56 pm

Updated with more Doo Doo Rider (aka Hell Rider) and Gomorrah.
Maui
WoWie

Postby DaleTremont on Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:29 pm

Maui wrote:Gomorrah 8/10 A brutal look at the Italian mob brilliantly executed by Matteo Garrone. Like Hunger, it's a violent movie, extremely well done, but I likely won't be viewing it again.

Man I've been dying to see this. Glad you liked it.
DaleTremont
Loincloth Bronson

PreviousNext

Return to Movie Discussion