Moon

New movies! Old movies! B-movies! Discuss discuss discuss!!!

Re: Moon

Postby darkjedijaina on Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:42 pm

yeah, watched it on Netflix last night. it was pretty dang good. not great, but it held my interest and even i get bored at some movies like this (i.e. 2001) so, you should try it RS. :)
darkjedijaina
BAD ASH

Re: Moon

Postby Bayouwolf on Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:30 pm

Sam Rockwell is one of those actors that I either love or hate in a role...There's really no in-between. Its not that I find the guy untalented at all, just that I've always thought he was better as the lead of a full cast, and not as a standalone actor. Tom Hanks performance in "Castaway" felt the same way to me. The guy just is better when he's got more to play off of than a lifeless object with silly emoticons drawn on it (and in this case, even if it's Kevin Spacey voicing said lifeless object...)

I really wish I had been able to catch it in a theater, as I'm feeling a little let down by the visuals on my TV screen. Not that they were bad, actually quite the contrary. I love when model work is done properly, and these looked fan-bloody-tastic. I feel somewhat slighted by not getting to see them in all their glory up on the big screen.

I thought that the twist came far too early in the film, but that's a gripe I have with a lot of movies as of late.

Bottom line...M-O-O-N, that spells good movie.

(9/10)
Bayouwolf
Country Bouy

Re: The Moon-iverse

Postby TheButcher on Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:34 am

Director Duncan Jones Starts Shooting ‘Mute’ Next Week
Jack Giroux wrote:Mute is set in a dystopian Berlin. Skarsgård will play a mute bartender named Leo, while Rudd will play a mysterious American surgeon. Sam Rockwell is also set to appear in the film. The significance of his part is unknown, but he’ll serve as a bridge between Moon and Mute, reprising his role as Sam Bell and connecting the two worlds. If you want to know more about the plot of Mute, here’s the official synopsis:

Berlin. Forty years from today. A roiling city of immigrants, where East crashes against West in a science-fiction Casablanca. Leo Beiler (Skarsgard), a mute bartender has one reason and one reason only for living here, and she’s disappeared. But when Leo’s search takes him deeper into the city’s underbelly, an odd pair of American surgeons (led by Rudd) seem to be the only recurring clue, and Leo can’t tell if they can help, or who he should fear most.

Duncan Jones on How He Models His Career After Christopher Nolan – Q&A
Kate Erbland wrote:You’ve kept your passion for “Warcraft” going, but it does seem to have gotten in the way of making “Mute,” another passion project for you. How are you keep your momentum going for that film?

I think it’s a personality type. I think you have to be the kind of person who is like a dog with a bone. You can’t let go of things until you’ve seen them through to completion. Not everyone has got that kind of mindset. Maybe it’s not the healthiest mindset, because you do kind of have to be dogged about things, but I wanted to see “Warcraft” through, and I wanted it to be the best film that I knew that we could make. I’ve always wanted to make “Mute,” and I’ve been on “Mute” for about 14 years. I’m determined, no matter what happens, I’m going to get that movie made, at some point.

Would you say that you’re closer than ever to getting it made?

Yeah. Absolutely, 100%. I wish I could formally say, “Yes, it’s happening,” but there are contractual reasons I have to wait until the absolute yes-I’m-allowed-to-say-that date, but as far as I’m concerned, yes. I’m going to be shooting that film later this year.

The film takes place in the “Moon” universe, right?

Yeah, in the Moon-iverse.

You originally wanted to do a trilogy, do you hope to do your next Moon-iverse film after “Mute”?

Yes. In fact, it’s already written. It’s ready to go. I was trying to make it after “Source Code.” It’s a female lead, and at that time, four of five years ago, it was just proving really difficult to get the film made, this science fiction film with a female lead.

It feels like it’s going to be easier these days. I think there’s more of a willingness for that to happen, and I certainly think it’s about time, but Mute’s kind of happening now, so I’m going to do that, and then, with any luck, I’ll be able to get this other film made that will make up the third part of that trilogy, as soon as possible.

/film:
This Is How ‘Moon’ and ‘Mute’ Are Connected
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Previous

Return to Movie Discussion