The Dark Tower (TV Show Time!)

New movies! Old movies! B-movies! Discuss discuss discuss!!!

Re: The Dark Tower (Now w/ Trilogy... *and* TV Show?)

Postby minstrel on Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:44 pm

Pay no attention to Kirk. He's having his period.

Period.

EDIT: I'm at the top of a new page and I didn't quote him! Oh no! (I assume most of you will be able to cope ...)

:wink:
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:02 pm

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:I picture an amalgamation of Tommy Lee Jones and Harrison Ford's face. A bit of a younger Nick Nolte. With darkish looking eyes as the blackness around them shows the pain the guy has gone through, but still bright eyes, as the blue comes through. The face is dry, wrinkled lines of hundred years of stories, greyish dry looking, but darkish tanned.

Period.

Now.. what we talking about now? Oh, Roland's face!

Um, Danny DeVito for Roland! It don't mater that he's not perfect. After initial viewings pass, you'll just accept him and give in! Like any actor in the part! This psychology means that Hollywood/Howard can do ANYTHING! You guys will always watch, pay, suck it up, and surrender.

You guys are shit.

Period.

Always quote he-eth that speaks wisdom.

Period.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Fried Gold on Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:04 pm

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:I picture an amalgamation of Tommy Lee Jones and Harrison Ford's face. A bit of a younger Nick Nolte. With darkish looking eyes as the blackness around them shows the pain the guy has gone through, but still bright eyes, as the blue comes through. The face is dry, wrinkled lines of hundred years of stories, greyish dry looking, but darkish tanned.

Of course, you're right! Jake Busey should play Roland!
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby minstrel on Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:17 am

Tim Allen as Roland.

I've never read the books.
minstrel

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:28 am

i always pictured roland as a man who was devastatingly handsome, but the ravages of time and trauma have taken a toll on his skin and face. so with that in mind...

mickey rourke as roland!!!
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:31 am

TheBaxter wrote:i always pictured roland as a man who was devastatingly handsome, but the ravages of time and trauma have taken a toll on his skin and face. so with that in mind...

mickey rourke as roland!!!

Haha! I was thinking that last night actually! :lol: :lol:

But then I thought, "No. Don't be an idiot." :? :evil:
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Nice Marmot on Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:45 pm

I started mulling over this casting again last night. I've got problems. Anyway, can anyone see Pierce Brosnin pull it off? I'm definitely about the older, weathered Roland. I'm all about Peter Weller.

I'd cast Rourke as a slow mutant.
Nice Marmot
REAL DRAGON

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:49 pm

Pierce at a push and some greying him up could be OK, but I don't think he's good enough an actor. A bit stiff.

Jason Isaacs popped into my head the other night, but I DON'T WANNA PLAY THE KNOWN ACTOR CASTING GAME, DAMN YOU RON HOWARD!!

I'll stick to my unknowns thank you very much.

Cue some Zoner screaming, "Let's get Henry Cavill!!"

Le's not.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby caruso_stalker217 on Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:07 pm

In ten years I think Timothy Olyphant would be a good Roland. But that's ten years from now and I hear they want to make this movie soon.
caruso_stalker217
TOO AGED FOR THIS MALARKEY

Re: The Dark Tower (Now with Javier Bardem?)

Postby so sorry on Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:43 am

so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Nice Marmot on Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:46 am

Piercing DARK eyes and broken English. . . .

Actually, he'll fit into the role just fine. It's the braintrust behind this that has me skeptical.
Nice Marmot
REAL DRAGON

Postby Bloo on Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:52 am

gotta say that's an intriguing choice
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:46 pm

i'll reserve judgment on this casting til i hear him speak in Roland's voice.
no need to reserve judgment on ron howard's involvement on this though: it sucks.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:46 pm

FUCK NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby caruso_stalker217 on Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:50 pm

Didn't we already know this a couple months back when they offered him the role?
caruso_stalker217
TOO AGED FOR THIS MALARKEY

Postby justcheckin on Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:17 am

I wouldn't have thought of him... interesting choice. I'm going to watch it no matter who they pick so it's cool I guess. I wonder which way he will throw his accent.
justcheckin
AIRWOLF

Postby Nice Marmot on Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:57 pm

Technically this should go in Coaxial . . .

http://www.deadline.com/2011/04/mark-ve ... -goldsman/

Mark Verheiden To Co-Write, EP NBC's 'Dark Tower' Series With Akiva Goldsmith

By NELLIE ANDREEVA | Tuesday April 12, 2011 @ 2:38pm PDT

EXCLUSIVE: TV, film and comic book writer Mark Verheiden has been tapped to co-write with Akiva Goldsman the NBC TV series The Dark Tower. The project is part of a massive joint deal Universal Pictures and NBC Universal TV Entertainment signed back in September to turn Stephen King’s opus of best-selling novels -- which have sold more than 30 million copies -- into into a feature film trilogy and a TV series, both of them creatively steered by the Oscar-winning team behind A Beautiful Mind and The Da Vinci Code.

Verheiden will executive produce the The Dark Tower series along with Goldsman and his Weed Road Pictures for Universal Media Studios. As previously announced, Ron Howard will direct the series, which is envisioned as a bridge between the first and second movie in the trilogy. This marks Verheiden's return to NBC and UMS following his turn as a supervising producer on Heroes. He also was a writer/co-exec producer on the NBCU series Battlestar Galactica, which ran on Syfy. He most recently served as a co-executive producer of TNT's upcoming sci-fi series Falling Skies, from DreamWorks TV. Verheiden, repped by CAA, Untitled and attorney Peter Nelson, is also in business with DreamWorks on the feature side, developing Quatermain for the studio, as well as Ark for Sony Pictures for producers Neal Moritz and Mike Richardson. He has written nearly 125 comic books including The American, Aliens, Predator, The Phantom, Superman and Superman/Batman.
Nice Marmot
REAL DRAGON

Postby so sorry on Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:26 pm

Wait, what?

So there's a movie and a TV series now? Yeah THAT won't be confusing...

/obvious sarcasm
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Nice Marmot on Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:14 pm

That's been the plan for as long as it's been in Opie's hands.
Nice Marmot
REAL DRAGON

Postby so sorry on Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:37 pm

Nice Marmot wrote:That's been the plan for as long as it's been in Opie's hands.

Didn't know that. I'm not a Dark Tower fan, so I haven't been following the news/this thread. I happen to pop in here and read that and thought it was a bit perculiar. So Bardem will be in the movies and the TV series then? That's a pretty fucking big commitment, no?
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Nice Marmot on Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:17 pm

I'm betting the tv series will only involve Roland's childhood. There were flashbacks in there, including an entire book (#4) in the series telling a story from his youth.
Nice Marmot
REAL DRAGON

Postby Fievel on Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:53 am

Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Re: The Dark Tower (Now with Javier Bardem!!!)

Postby Ribbons on Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:53 pm

Damn. JAVIER BARDEM??

My Dark Tower casting bracket is totally RUINED! :)

This is kind of cool. To be honest I was hoping that he'd go with the new Bond movie, but this is potentially a huge opportunity for him, and at the very least he'll probably class it up some.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:58 pm

this is fantastic news as far as I"m concerned.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby Fievel on Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:01 pm

Ribbons wrote:My Dark Tower casting bracket is totally RUINED!

SHIT!
That would have been a great idea!!
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Nice Marmot on Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:07 pm

OK, OK, can we get the other people cast as well??? Sheesh . . .
Nice Marmot
REAL DRAGON

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:41 pm

more importantly, can we get ron howard fired?
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:22 pm

GO FUCK YOURSELF ZONERS WHO THINK THIS IS GOOD. THIS IS A FUCKING SHIT IDEA! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby The Vicar on Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:27 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:this is fantastic news as far as I"m concerned.

Seconded. I'd like to know how this decision was made, but really can't see a down side.
Kirks hates it. What's not to love?
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Postby Fievel on Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:56 pm

Bottom line: the books will never change.

Having said that, Bardem isn't who I envisioned when reading (okay, listening to) the books, and this format (movie-tv-movie-tv-movie) isn't something I would have ever thought of even with a big ball of hash, some velvet blacklight posters and Led Zepplin IV on repeat.

The more I think about, the larger I think Ron Howard's balls must be. This entire project, let alone the format, is THE biggest gamble of his career. He could hire Jonah Hill as every remaining character needing to be cast and I wouldn't care. Just make it work, Opie. Make it work and you're a genius. Fuck it up and you're just an asshole waiting for Dan Brown's next book.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Nachokoolaid on Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:33 pm

I agree that the books are always there. But wow. When I first heard Bardem's name, I was sort of in Kirk's camp. But I'll be honest, it's so different from what I pictured that perhaps it's now the thing that has me the most intrigued. But yeah, the potential for fuck up here is large.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Nice Marmot on Fri May 06, 2011 9:14 am

Looks like Universal is getting cold feet.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118036473

U weighs 'Dark Tower' turnaround
Movie trilogy and interlocking TV series could be shopped

By Rachel Abrams, Justin Kroll

Universal's "Dark Tower" movie trilogy and interlocking TV series, seen as a hugely ambitious project from the start, may wind up being too big for the studio's appetite.
Sources tell Variety that in the past few days, the project, based on Stephen King's sweeping seven-book-and-counting series, has run into budgetary complications that have caused Universal execs to rethink original plans. Insiders expect U brass to meet in coming days to decide whether to put the project into turnaround, whereby producer Imagine Entertainment could shop it to another studio, either to partner with Universal or take over entirely.

To be clear: Sources tell Variety that as of Thursday, Universal is moving ahead as if the project is going forward. The studio had no comment.

Ron Howard unveiled plans in September to adapt "The Dark Tower" for three films -- at least the first of which he plans to direct -- bridged by a pair of TV series. Universal soon came on as a distributor, given Imagine's production deal with the studio; NBC (or an affiliated cable net) was expected carry the TV component.

Javier Bardem's deal to play the lead role of Roland Deschain is nearly closed, while Howard is still eyeing thesps for other roles. Howard and Brian Grazer are producing through Imagine, while Akiva Goldsman is set to write the script.

With a project of this size and scope, it wouldn't be unusual for any studio to weigh its risk-sharing options -- or pulling out -- at this stage of development. And "Dark Tower" isn't the only major project that Universal has recently reconsidered. "At the Mountains of Madness," which had Guillermo del Toro set to direct and Tom Cruise circling to star, was scrapped on the brink of lensing after U calculated that it would struggle to make money with its $150 million budget and R rating.

That project went into hibernation in March, not long after the newly minted NBCUniversal CEO Steve Burke was in Universal City for meetings with NBC and Universal Pictures brass.

King's "Dark Tower" epic has been long pursued for screen adaptation, but the series' length and scope -- rooted in a post-Apocalyptic realm resembling the Old West as well a parallel modern-day world -- has been a tough nut to crack for scripting and production planning. Before Imagine announced its adaptation plans, J.J. Abrams and "Lost" co-creator exec producer Damon Lindelof had optioned rights from King for $19 (a key number in the "Tower" universe). But they weren't able to find a take on the material that satisfied their ambitions.

Nonetheless, the Imagine team and U felt confident they had a workable vision. In announcing their plans for "Dark Tower," companies set a May 17, 2013 target date for release of the first film.

Contact the variety newsroom at news@variety.com
Nice Marmot
REAL DRAGON

Postby SilentScream on Fri May 06, 2011 9:20 am

TheBaxter wrote:more importantly, can we get ron howard fired?

Agreed. A more tepid, safe and utterly boring director you'll be hard pushed to find working in La-la land today.
SilentScream
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Fri May 06, 2011 9:38 am

I don't think it's a funny coincidence, rather a sign of inevitability, that I was thinking and hoping that this production would run into such problems and get scrapped, thus halting my predicted Ron Howard's misteps, most notably Jarvier Barem's miscasting.

This news is rather good.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby TheBaxter on Fri May 06, 2011 9:57 am

Nice Marmot wrote:Looks like Universal is getting cold feet.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118036473

U weighs 'Dark Tower' turnaround
Movie trilogy and interlocking TV series could be shopped

By Rachel Abrams, Justin Kroll

Universal's "Dark Tower" movie trilogy and interlocking TV series, seen as a hugely ambitious project from the start, may wind up being too big for the studio's appetite.
Sources tell Variety that in the past few days, the project, based on Stephen King's sweeping seven-book-and-counting series, has run into budgetary complications that have caused Universal execs to rethink original plans. Insiders expect U brass to meet in coming days to decide whether to put the project into turnaround, whereby producer Imagine Entertainment could shop it to another studio, either to partner with Universal or take over entirely.

To be clear: Sources tell Variety that as of Thursday, Universal is moving ahead as if the project is going forward. The studio had no comment.

Ron Howard unveiled plans in September to adapt "The Dark Tower" for three films -- at least the first of which he plans to direct -- bridged by a pair of TV series. Universal soon came on as a distributor, given Imagine's production deal with the studio; NBC (or an affiliated cable net) was expected carry the TV component.

Javier Bardem's deal to play the lead role of Roland Deschain is nearly closed, while Howard is still eyeing thesps for other roles. Howard and Brian Grazer are producing through Imagine, while Akiva Goldsman is set to write the script.

With a project of this size and scope, it wouldn't be unusual for any studio to weigh its risk-sharing options -- or pulling out -- at this stage of development. And "Dark Tower" isn't the only major project that Universal has recently reconsidered. "At the Mountains of Madness," which had Guillermo del Toro set to direct and Tom Cruise circling to star, was scrapped on the brink of lensing after U calculated that it would struggle to make money with its $150 million budget and R rating.

That project went into hibernation in March, not long after the newly minted NBCUniversal CEO Steve Burke was in Universal City for meetings with NBC and Universal Pictures brass.

King's "Dark Tower" epic has been long pursued for screen adaptation, but the series' length and scope -- rooted in a post-Apocalyptic realm resembling the Old West as well a parallel modern-day world -- has been a tough nut to crack for scripting and production planning. Before Imagine announced its adaptation plans, J.J. Abrams and "Lost" co-creator exec producer Damon Lindelof had optioned rights from King for $19 (a key number in the "Tower" universe). But they weren't able to find a take on the material that satisfied their ambitions.

Nonetheless, the Imagine team and U felt confident they had a workable vision. In announcing their plans for "Dark Tower," companies set a May 17, 2013 target date for release of the first film.

Contact the variety newsroom at news@variety.com

if it gets ron howard off the project, this could be a very very good thing.

i think i'd rather not see it happen at all then see it get ron-howard-ized.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Nice Marmot on Fri May 06, 2011 10:22 am

Fingers crossed this can done entirely via the cable series route. AMC baby!!!
Nice Marmot
REAL DRAGON

Postby Fievel on Fri May 06, 2011 12:18 pm

Nice Marmot wrote:Fingers crossed this can done entirely via the cable series route. AMC baby!!!

Would much rather see this on HBO with no restrictions or commercials.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Fri May 06, 2011 1:14 pm

yes, HBO always has been and always will be the only way this can really be done the right way. if they can make a series out of a relatively lesser known series like Game of Thrones, they surely can make a Dark Tower series work.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fievel on Sat May 07, 2011 12:10 pm

Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Sat May 07, 2011 3:51 pm

Yeah but everyone around them says otherwise.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby justcheckin on Sat May 07, 2011 3:56 pm

Fievel wrote:
Nice Marmot wrote:Fingers crossed this can done entirely via the cable series route. AMC baby!!!

Would much rather see this on HBO with no restrictions or commercials.

I would get HBO for this. It would be the first time ever that I paid for something like that.
justcheckin
AIRWOLF

Postby Fievel on Sat May 07, 2011 7:48 pm

justcheckin wrote:It would be the first time ever that I paid for something like that.

That's what they all say.....
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby minstrel on Sat May 07, 2011 9:43 pm

HBO is worth getting anyway. They put out the best television I've seen.
minstrel

Postby Nachokoolaid on Sun May 08, 2011 1:30 am

minstrel wrote:HBO is worth getting anyway. They put out the best television I've seen.

GAME OF THRONES!
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby justcheckin on Mon May 09, 2011 8:07 pm

Fievel wrote:
justcheckin wrote:It would be the first time ever that I paid for something like that.

That's what they all say.....

Ha... Nice

minstrel wrote:HBO is worth getting anyway. They put out the best television I've seen.

I usually watch stuff after it comes out on DVD. This would be something that I would want to see right away.
justcheckin
AIRWOLF

Postby TheButcher on Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:51 am

DEADLINE EXCLUSIVE:
Q&A: Brian Grazer And Ron Howard On 25 Years Together As Imagine Partners
MIKE FLEMING wrote:In honor of Imagine's Silver Anniversary, Deadline invited Howard and Grazer to look back over their quarter century together, and into a future that includes something never tried before by anyone in Hollywood. They’re adapting Stephen King’s 7-novel series The Dark Tower into a film trilogy, and a limited run TV series in between. It has pushed the envelope enough that their longtime home studio, Universal Pictures, postponed a planned late summer start until next year and asked the filmmakers to cut the budget. Some question the studio's resolve on such a massive undertaking. The studio has to green light the film by next month or the rights revert to Imagine, Akiva Goldsman and King, who are determined to make it regardless.

DEADLINE: You’ll soon know their capacity for risk taking when you find out if Universal will make The Dark Tower, whose trilogy and TV components make it the most ambitious project a studio has attempted since The Lord of the Rings. How important is it for a couple of guys who’ve been together for 25 years to take big swings?
HOWARD:
If you’re not out there taking some risks, if you’re just coasting along with your wins, then you’re not really trying. But we never take risk for risk’s sake. The Dark Tower seemed like such a good idea to both of us that it became impossible not to try it. It’s impossible to live with ourselves if we don’t take the swing.

DEADLINE: Why does Dark Tower warrant three movies and two TV series in between?
HOWARD:
The universe Steve King created is so dimensional and creative. It blends scope, sweep, and adventure with some very personal compelling stories. We could have tried to force all of it into one or two or three movies. It became clear to me that the medium of TV has become so bold and cool, we could use it to our advantage creatively and really fulfill the possibilities of this universe of characters King gave us to work with. We can use the intimacy of television when that’s appropriate, and the scope and scale of the big screen with the bigger fantasy ideas. We discovered elements that would probably never have a home either on the big screen or on TV, but would make fantastic narrative gaming opportunities that won’t rehash the movies or TV, but have its own material borne out of the books and graphic novels. We’ve got gaming designers and there is enthusiasm for that. It’s a way to use all the mediums at our disposal to try to fulfill what’s possible. Universal sees this as an asset that can benefit the company in a lot of different ways.

DEADLINE: Still, there were rumors last month that Universal might let The Dark Tower go. That hasn’t happened but they did push the start date to early next year. Why has it been so hard to get underway?
HOWARD:
The first version represented a bold attempt to fast track, because of weather concerns. It was a little more dramatic to people on the outside than to us. We’d have liked to move forward on that fast track, but it was always Phase One. There was an understanding that if we couldn’t answer all the questions in a way that made sense to all the partners involved, then we would operate on a slightly more traditional timetable. Even if we go in March, that’s still moving quickly for something of this scale.

DEADLINE: You’ve been asked to bring down the budget. By how much?
GRAZER:
I’m producing it with Akiva Goldsman, who wrote it to be sensitive to cost and is rewriting it to be more so. Without putting a number on it, the cuts aren’t that deep or that radical.

DEADLINE: Is Javier Bardem set to play the main gunslinger Roland Deschains?
HOWARD:
Nobody is pay or play but he has said he wants to do it. We’ve spent a lot of time together. He’s fascinated by the character and has great instincts for Roland. I’m hoping when we go, he’s available and will join us.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Nice Marmot on Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:18 am

So damn frustrating to finish up season 1 of Game of Thrones (or Boardwalk or True Blood for that matter) and think WHAT IF this story got the full-on HBO treatment.
Nice Marmot
REAL DRAGON

Postby TheButcher on Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:06 am

DEADLINE EXCLUSIVE:
Ron Howard, David Koepp Team Up For 'Spy Vs. Spy'
MIKE FLEMING wrote:Remember Spy vs. Spy, the running comic strip of one-ups-manship between rival spooks from Mad Magazine? A live-action bigscreen version is moving forward at Warner Bros for Ron Howard to direct. David Koepp will produce with Howard and his Imagine Entertainment partner Brian Grazer. Right now, Koepp will oversee a script that will be written by John Kamps. Kamps just teamed with Koepp to write Premium Rush, the Sony Pictures movie directed by Koepp, who also just rewrote the Jack Ryan film for Paramount Pictures. The film will be a physical and highly visual action comedy with two spies going mano a mano in ruthless fashion.

py Vs. Spy will be down the line for Howard, who always has a busy dance card. As Howard and Grazer and Akiva Goldsman prepare to turn in the rewrite of The Dark Tower over the next couple of weeks to see if Universal Pictures will fund the ambitious adaptation of the Stephen King novel series planned to span three films and two TV series runs, Howard has been eyeing projects he might be able to squeeze in before. He met on the film that'll have Tom Hanks playing Captain Richard Phillips, who gave himself up to be a hostage to Somali pirates, that Paul Greengrass has wound up directing. He's been rumored for a Frankenstein project at 20th Century Fox that Max Landis is writing for producer John Davis. And he is getting serious about Rush, the Peter Morgan-scripted film about Formula one racer Niki Lauda. The latter project seems to have the strongest chance of happening, but only if it can start in the fall. In an interview I did with Howard and Grazer to commemorate Imagine's 25th anniversary, they told me in no uncertain terms they are determined to make The Dark Tower early next year, whether at Universal or elsewhere. I believe them.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby minstrel on Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:14 pm

This isn't happening.

I've never read the books. Is this news good? Bad? Who cares? Whatever? Does it make you want to climb the walls? Or puke? Or rise up in defiance and lead a revolution to depose the bastards?
minstrel

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:22 pm

minstrel wrote:This isn't happening.

I've never read the books. Is this news good? Bad? Who cares? Whatever? Does it make you want to climb the walls? Or puke? Or rise up in defiance and lead a revolution to depose the bastards?

My first reaction is YAAAYYY!!! And seeing Ron Howard's Tower collapsing to my cheers just like the tower in ROTK.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

PreviousNext

Return to Movie Discussion