What's the name of that movie where...?

New movies! Old movies! B-movies! Discuss discuss discuss!!!

Re: What's the name of that movie where...?

Postby Fried Gold on Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:19 pm

What film is it where a load of commandos in jeeps race down a runway and drive onto the back of an already about to take off Hercules aircraft?
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby papalazeru on Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:22 pm

lukasman wrote:ok, this will be a tough one...its anime.

All I remember is a scene, in what seemed to be a futuristic post-apocaliptic world, were a huge stampede of beasts are charging against a village, and the villagers posses some kind of monster/weapon (no pun intended, metallica fans) that is sleeping, or something like that, and they cant/wont wake him up in order to save them because apparently he/it is not ready to come out of his/its hibernation.

At last, they have to wake him anyway, since the stampede is almost there, and he fires some kind of weapon (this is a very big beast Im talking about) against the stampede, but it didnt stop it...

Thats it... :(

Isn't that Final Fantasy? 2nd Movie?
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby justcheckin on Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:00 pm

papalazeru wrote:

All I remember is a scene, in what seemed to be a futuristic post-apocaliptic world, were a huge stampede of beasts are charging against a village, and the villagers posses some kind of monster/weapon (no pun intended, metallica fans) that is sleeping, or something like that, and they cant/wont wake him up in order to save them because apparently he/it is not ready to come out of his/its hibernation.

At last, they have to wake him anyway, since the stampede is almost there, and he fires some kind of weapon (this is a very big beast Im talking about) against the stampede, but it didnt stop it...

I was thinking Trigun but that was originally manga only until the late 90s. How old is the anime that you are talking about?
justcheckin
AIRWOLF

Postby lukasman on Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:29 am

I dont know exactly how old it is, but Im 29, and I remember this from when I was maybe 12, 13....so its a bit "old"

thanks for the ideas, I'll check it out and get back if I have any luck...If anybody else has more ideas, they are most welcome!
lukasman
GLIB

Postby travis-dane on Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:54 am

lukasman wrote:I dont know exactly how old it is, but Im 29, and I remember this from when I was maybe 12, 13....so its a bit "old"

thanks for the ideas, I'll check it out and get back if I have any luck...If anybody else has more ideas, they are most welcome!

It's not the "Final Fantasy: Advent Children" movie.
-
Lesbian Nazi Hookers Abducted by UFOs and Forced Into Weight Loss Programs!
travis-dane
100% OLEG!

Postby Snow Apple on Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:48 am

It's been driving me crazy what movie it's from where a there is a little dog in a car going crazy and some guys are walking by or standing there and one of them is imitating the dog to the dog.
Snow Apple
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby justcheckin on Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:35 pm

Snow Apple wrote:It's been driving me crazy what movie it's from where a there is a little dog in a car going crazy and some guys are walking by or standing there and one of them is imitating the dog to the dog.

Do you remember anything else?
justcheckin
AIRWOLF

Postby Snow Apple on Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:57 am

No, I wish I could. It was just a tiny little snippet, but it's been playing in my mind for months. The guy is like pretending to scratch all fast at the window like the dog is. The dog might be a pomeranian.
Snow Apple
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby King Of Nowhere on Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:23 pm

Only thing that springs to mind is this clip from Jackass.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby Snow Apple on Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:22 pm

KON I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is totally what I've been thinking of!!!!!! Thank you! Kiss kiss kissssssssss kiss!
Snow Apple
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby Al Shut on Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:34 pm

I vaguely remember watching an probably older kung fu movie about a woman traveling to her arranged wedding guarded by bodyguards thwarting numerous attempts to kidnap or kill her. One of those is an attack by zombies which are defeated by blowing them up with dynamite sticks tied to throwing knives. I think in the end there is a twist that the bride is an assassin herself supposed to kill her groom or something like that
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby justcheckin on Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:30 pm

justcheckin
AIRWOLF

Postby papalazeru on Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:55 pm

Al Shut wrote:I vaguely remember watching an probably older kung fu movie about a woman traveling to her arranged wedding guarded by bodyguards thwarting numerous attempts to kidnap or kill her. One of those is an attack by zombies which are defeated by blowing them up with dynamite sticks tied to throwing knives. I think in the end there is a twist that the bride is an assassin herself supposed to kill her groom or something like that

Sounds a little like Chinese Ghost Story. Was there a woman with a giant tongue?

Could it be Moon Warriors?
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:05 am

King Of Nowhere wrote:Only thing that springs to mind is this clip from Jackass.

Further evidence that Bam Margera is a horrible human being.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Snow Apple on Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:24 am

Tyrone_Shoelaces wrote:
King Of Nowhere wrote:Only thing that springs to mind is this clip from Jackass.

Further evidence that Bam Margera is a horrible human being.

No, I love Bam. He was just playing, the dog liked it. Bam brings joy to the world, if only through his cute face.
Snow Apple
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby Al Shut on Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:32 am

papalazeru wrote:Sounds a little like Chinese Ghost Story. Was there a woman with a giant tongue?

Could it be Moon Warriors?

naa the zombies were only a small part, most enemies were non-supernatural and it looked way older than Moon Warriors, more in the direction of the 70's perhaps

Maybe I should draw a stick figure
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Help You Guys!! I Need The Name Of A Movie

Postby FreeBeer on Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:12 am

Need help guys. I've been remembering this beautiful Asian film I saw a few years ago on Irish T.V, but I can't rememer the god damn name. I don't even know if this film was Korean or Taiwanese or Chinese. It was about a family of women, sisters, and their love lives. One sister lived in an apartment with this guy that fancied her, I think he was her cousin or something, maybe her stepbrother. She was beautiful, and always walked around barefoot. Then there was an older sister, who was married to this man who left for the summer to be with his secret mistress and his child by her. This place was on a lake or an ocean and he went fishing on it everyday. There was another sistr too as I recall, but I can't remember much about her. I remember it rained alot. I can't remember anymore details I think I may have been drunk when I watched it, but I do remember that it was one of the most beautiful films I'd ever seen. Please, if anyone can help me I'm DESPERATE to find out this films name, its driving me crazy!!!!
FreeBeer
GLIB

Postby magicmonkey on Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:19 am

I'm pretty sure you mean the Vietnamese film "Vertical Ray of the Sun" It's got a fucking great soundtrack too.
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby FreeBeer on Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:21 pm

Chinese film I think, about a family of women and their love lives. One of the girls lives with this guy who fancies her and she walks around barefoot all the time. Another woman is having casual sex with a man and she won't tell him her name or even talk to him. Another one of the women, the oldest, is married to a man with facial hair who secretly has another family that live by a body of water. He fishes when he goes there. At the end of the film he leaves her I think. Any idea what this movie is called? Remember it was visually striking.
FreeBeer
GLIB

Postby The Todd on Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:15 pm

FreeBeer wrote:Chinese film I think, about a family of women and their love lives. One of the girls lives with this guy who fancies her and she walks around barefoot all the time. Another woman is having casual sex with a man and she won't tell him her name or even talk to him. Another one of the women, the oldest, is married to a man with facial hair who secretly has another family that live by a body of water. He fishes when he goes there. At the end of the film he leaves her I think. Any idea what this movie is called? Remember it was visually striking.

Deja Vu-FIVE!!!!!
Um, you asked this and it got answered. The Todd thinks you should try reading. R-E-A-D-I-N-G.

FreeBeer wrote:Need help guys. I've been remembering this beautiful Asian film I saw a few years ago on Irish T.V, but I can't rememer the god damn name. I don't even know if this film was Korean or Taiwanese or Chinese. It was about a family of women, sisters, and their love lives. One sister lived in an apartment with this guy that fancied her, I think he was her cousin or something, maybe her stepbrother. She was beautiful, and always walked around barefoot. Then there was an older sister, who was married to this man who left for the summer to be with his secret mistress and his child by her. This place was on a lake or an ocean and he went fishing on it everyday. There was another sistr too as I recall, but I can't remember much about her. I remember it rained alot. I can't remember anymore details I think I may have been drunk when I watched it, but I do remember that it was one of the most beautiful films I'd ever seen. Please, if anyone can help me I'm DESPERATE to find out this films name, its driving me crazy!!!!

magicmonkey wrote:I'm pretty sure you mean the Vietnamese film "Vertical Ray of the Sun" It's got a fucking great soundtrack too.
i reject your reality and substitute my own
The Todd
AIRWOLF

I Did Read Actually, But Couldn't See My Post

Postby FreeBeer on Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:30 am

Every now and then I come onto the site and its like all my posts have disappeared, and I have to refresh a few times before I see them again. Same thing with AICN articles, its like I'm looking at a page from six months ago before I refresh a few times and the newest articles appear. This happen to any of you guys?? It's weird. Thnaks for answering my question anyways I appreciate it my man was driving me up the wall!!
FreeBeer
GLIB

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:59 am

No posts disappear here. Click on 'View your posts' and then follow that post and those that followed/replied it. You should find your answers easily enough.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Fried Gold on Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:34 am

This may be a complete fabrication...

A mate of mine seems to think he's seen a film where Sean Connery says the line "Do time nice. Take it up the arse." (in full Connery accent)

He can't remember what the film was. Anyone know if such a film actually exists?
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Brit Pop on Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:14 am

Fried Gold wrote:This may be a complete fabrication...

A mate of mine seems to think he's seen a film where Sean Connery says the line "Do time nice. Take it up the arse." (in full Connery accent)

He can't remember what the film was. Anyone know if such a film actually exists?

Doesnt sound like a line he would utter... but it would make a great t-shirt!

The only films that I would imagine him being in a situation to use that line would be Just Cause or Entrapment.
Brit Pop
AIRWOLF

Postby RaulMonkey on Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:52 pm

I could have sworn there was a moment in "Bonnie and Clyde" when a woman working in one of the banks that they rob is so scared that she pees herself, and there's a brief shot showing the hem of her skirt and a straight stream of pee shooting down (in retrospect, as though she wasn't wearing any underwear and was just letting it rip.) But when I watched it again for the first time in probably ten years the other day, this never happened. Did I make it up, or is there another movie where a woman pisses herself during a bank robbery??
RaulMonkey
ZONE AMBASSADOR

Postby BuckyO'harre on Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:34 pm

Not sure.
Possibly The Presidio, or The Offence?
BuckyO'harre
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Jabbadonut on Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:58 pm

A guess: "Wrong is Right?"
Look! Even Steve is throwing chocolate snowballs . . . oh . . .
Jabbadonut
REAL DRAGON

Postby Bayouwolf on Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:15 pm

Time Bandits.

No seriously...

Time Bandits.
Bayouwolf
Country Bouy

Postby Jabbadonut on Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:36 pm

Bayouwolf wrote:

Time Bandits.

No seriously...

Time Bandits.

I've watched Time Bandits at least 10 times (I love that film) and saw it 5 times in the theater when it was released. I don't recall Sean Connery saying that line in that film. He was King Agamemnon, and the fireman at the end. When did he say that line in that film?
Jabbadonut
REAL DRAGON

Postby Snow Apple on Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:30 am

Okay so I think it's a French film, it was either a short or one story in a regular film. There is a woman at home with her baby, a girl comes and asks to camp in her yard and she says yes. The camper and woman get all chummy, I think the baby cries and the mom might be bitchy about it or toward the child in general...or maybe she was bitching about an absent husband? The girl that is staying is psycho psycho psycho. In the end I think she takes the baby and you see her on a ferry with it like she's going to raise it as her own or maybe toss it overboard, I can't remember. I don't know if she killed the mother or I just thought she might. The whole story had me on edge. I really want to see it again to piece it all together and help take away the icky feeling I have about it even though I saw it years ago.
Snow Apple
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby ufoclub1977 on Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:03 pm

papalazeru wrote:

Are you talking about "Warriors of the Wind"? AKA (originally known as "Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind")?
ufoclub1977
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Ribbons on Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:53 pm

Okay, this one has been bugging the crap out of me for a while now, and I'm about 72% sure that I didn't just dream it up. So there's this movie (or TV show, maybe... or dream) where someone gets a gun pointed at the back of their head... and then the person with the gun gets one pointed at the back of THEIR head... and then THAT person gets a gun to their head, so on and so on down the line, about 8 times. I feel like it was in a spoof movie and I can almost imagine the tracking shot, but I have no idea what it is. Help!!!1
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Bayouwolf on Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:13 pm

For some reason, Top Secret comes to mind...
Bayouwolf
Country Bouy

Postby The Vicar on Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:37 pm

Bayouwolf wrote:For some reason, Top Secret comes to mind...

The Mclaughlin Group?
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Postby Ribbons on Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:14 pm

IPAMP!
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby tapehead on Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:59 pm

Ribbons wrote:Okay, this one has been bugging the crap out of me for a while now, and I'm about 72% sure that I didn't just dream it up. So there's this movie (or TV show, maybe... or dream) where someone gets a gun pointed at the back of their head... and then the person with the gun gets one pointed at the back of THEIR head... and then THAT person gets a gun to their head, so on and so on down the line, about 8 times. I feel like it was in a spoof movie and I can almost imagine the tracking shot, but I have no idea what it is. Help!!!1

13 Tzameti - it's a kind of Russian Roulette/Mexican Stand Off/Duel in the murder / gambling event that takes place... although that's not a spoof movie.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby Ribbons on Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:29 pm

No way! I have seen that, but it's definitely something else. If it exists, that is. :?

(PS you should totally review it here lol: http://zone.aintitcool.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=44593&start=0)
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby lukasman on Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:57 pm

Ok, got a new one thats been killimg me recently, dont know why, and pretty sured it sucked anyway.

This is a mix of real life actors and animation (not modern 3d animation, but old school 2d, handmade animation). This kid is speaking on the phone with a friend, and suddenly a big huge box appears on his appartment (this part is real life actors), and the kid goes into the box, and he is sucked into it, and into an animated world, and of course, everything in there is pretty strange.

In the end, he comes out, and goes back to the phone, were his friend is still waiting, and he finds out that he`s only been away for a couple of seconds (it seemed like a very long time to him), and then his friend, on the other side of the phone says "wait, theres a big box in here..." and the kid tries to warn her, but she goes anyway....the end.

Anyone???
lukasman
GLIB

Postby Bayouwolf on Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:23 pm

lukasman wrote:Ok, got a new one thats been killimg me recently, dont know why, and pretty sured it sucked anyway.

This is a mix of real life actors and animation (not modern 3d animation, but old school 2d, handmade animation). This kid is speaking on the phone with a friend, and suddenly a big huge box appears on his appartment (this part is real life actors), and the kid goes into the box, and he is sucked into it, and into an animated world, and of course, everything in there is pretty strange.

In the end, he comes out, and goes back to the phone, were his friend is still waiting, and he finds out that he`s only been away for a couple of seconds (it seemed like a very long time to him), and then his friend, on the other side of the phone says "wait, theres a big box in here..." and the kid tries to warn her, but she goes anyway....the end.

Anyone???

The Phantom Tollbooth.
Bayouwolf
Country Bouy

Postby lukasman on Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:05 am

ufoclub1977 wrote:
papalazeru wrote:

Are you talking about "Warriors of the Wind"? AKA (originally known as "Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind")?

YESS!!!!! That was exactly it!!! Thanks so much Ufoclub!!!!! :o
lukasman
GLIB

Postby lukasman on Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:08 am

Bayouwolf wrote:
lukasman wrote:Ok, got a new one thats been killimg me recently, dont know why, and pretty sured it sucked anyway.

Anyone???

The Phantom Tollbooth.

Thanks Bayouwolf! I will check it out!!!
lukasman
GLIB

Postby wzio on Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:17 am

Help me out here guys.

During one of those conversations when you remember cartoons, games, films etc from your youth/childhood, my mate half remembered a film he used to watch over and over when he was a kid.

However he cannot remember what it was called, who was in it, or what it was about. Must have been late 80s/early 90s he reckons.

All he remember was that it had a sword in it that was broken in half, but if the main character used it, the missing part of the blade, although still missing, could cut stuff, magically i suppose.

Tried to google this, but keep getting Broken Sword the computer game.

Not much to go on i know, but any help would be appreciated, cos this is doing our heads in!
wzio
GLIB

Postby John-Locke on Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:10 pm

It could be Starchaser: The Legend of Orin but that sword was just a hilt with a magic blade kinda like a lightsaber. It was a 3D Animated Movie very much inspired by Star Wars
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Al Shut on Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:57 pm

Was it asian or western?
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby wzio on Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:25 pm

It wouldn't have been Asian.

He now thinks it might have been a TV show. :x

I just asked him if it was Starchaser and the text I've just had back was "No mate, thats not it. Pretty sure it wasn't a futuristic type movie. More of a modern day (for the eighties) fantasy i think. Plus the sword was broken at the hilt and never remade."
wzio
GLIB

Postby justcheckin on Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:19 am

I am thinking Mio in the Land of Faraway but I can't remember if there was a broken sword. That came out in the late 80s. Anyways, that is my best guess.
justcheckin
AIRWOLF

Postby magicmonkey on Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:55 am

It rings a bell... I seem to remember something like that in Jason and Argonauts, I did a quick google and got a link to a TV series though...
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby wzio on Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:23 am

Thanks for spending your brain power thinking about this, guys. Appreciate it.
wzio
GLIB

Postby Jabbadonut on Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:15 am

wzio wrote:Help me out here guys.

During one of those conversations when you remember cartoons, games, films etc from your youth/childhood, my mate half remembered a film he used to watch over and over when he was a kid.

However he cannot remember what it was called, who was in it, or what it was about. Must have been late 80s/early 90s he reckons.

All he remember was that it had a sword in it that was broken in half, but if the main character used it, the missing part of the blade, although still missing, could cut stuff, magically i suppose.

Tried to google this, but keep getting Broken Sword the computer game.

Not much to go on i know, but any help would be appreciated, cos this is doing our heads in!

I have this same memory, about the broken sword that magically worked like a complete one. I am thinking it had something to do with Merlin, but let me keep thinking about it. Whatever it was, I think it was something I thought was a good show.
Jabbadonut
REAL DRAGON

Postby DaleTremont on Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:55 pm

Ribbons wrote:Okay, this one has been bugging the crap out of me for a while now, and I'm about 72% sure that I didn't just dream it up. So there's this movie (or TV show, maybe... or dream) where someone gets a gun pointed at the back of their head... and then the person with the gun gets one pointed at the back of THEIR head... and then THAT person gets a gun to their head, so on and so on down the line, about 8 times. I feel like it was in a spoof movie and I can almost imagine the tracking shot, but I have no idea what it is. Help!!!1

Wanted?
DaleTremont
Loincloth Bronson

PreviousNext

Return to Movie Discussion