What's the name of that movie where...?

New movies! Old movies! B-movies! Discuss discuss discuss!!!

Re: What's the name of that movie where...?

Postby justcheckin on Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:13 pm

DaleTremont wrote:
Ribbons wrote:Okay, this one has been bugging the crap out of me for a while now, and I'm about 72% sure that I didn't just dream it up. So there's this movie (or TV show, maybe... or dream) where someone gets a gun pointed at the back of their head... and then the person with the gun gets one pointed at the back of THEIR head... and then THAT person gets a gun to their head, so on and so on down the line, about 8 times. I feel like it was in a spoof movie and I can almost imagine the tracking shot, but I have no idea what it is. Help!!!1

Wanted?

Ribbons, this sorta happens in the Dark Tower series when Roland's friends save Sheemie... you could have read it and dreamed it.
justcheckin
AIRWOLF

I need help with a movie title!

Postby kem070396 on Tue May 04, 2010 11:28 am

My wife and are fans of the old black and white thrillers. Recently, we have been trying to recall the name of the movie where a man bets he can stay the night in a haunted castle. He makes it all the way to dawn, but is killed by the swinging gate walking out. Does anybody know the name of this movie and/or who it stars???
kem070396
GLIB

Re: I need help with a movie title!

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Tue May 04, 2010 2:50 pm

kem070396 wrote:My wife and are fans of the old black and white thrillers. Recently, we have been trying to recall the name of the movie where a man bets he can stay the night in a haunted castle. He makes it all the way to dawn, but is killed by the swinging gate walking out. Does anybody know the name of this movie and/or who it stars???

I think you're looking for Castle of Blood

http://www.hermenaut.com/a95.shtml

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057993/
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby Ribbons on Tue May 04, 2010 3:08 pm

I was just about to say that!

<.<
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby ironic name on Thu May 13, 2010 2:30 pm

Fried Gold wrote:This may be a complete fabrication...

A mate of mine seems to think he's seen a film where Sean Connery says the line "Do time nice. Take it up the arse." (in full Connery accent)

He can't remember what the film was. Anyone know if such a film actually exists?

possibly meteor.
sean connery says at one point:
"WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO? STICK A BROOM UP MY ARSE AND SWEEP THE FLOOR ON MY WAY OUT?"
ironic name
had cheer sex with Megan Gale

Postby Spandau Belly on Thu May 13, 2010 2:40 pm

Ribbons wrote:Okay, this one has been bugging the crap out of me for a while now, and I'm about 72% sure that I didn't just dream it up. So there's this movie (or TV show, maybe... or dream) where someone gets a gun pointed at the back of their head... and then the person with the gun gets one pointed at the back of THEIR head... and then THAT person gets a gun to their head, so on and so on down the line, about 8 times. I feel like it was in a spoof movie and I can almost imagine the tracking shot, but I have no idea what it is. Help!!!1

The Firearms Centipede: Ammo Sequence
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby ironic name on Thu May 13, 2010 5:31 pm

what was the movie from commie poland in the eighties where there is an alien invasion about to happen in a few days time and people are suspicious that it isn't real, and then at the end I think the main guy finds out that it really was aliens helping humanity, not a government plot. and the guy is left walking through empty streets with televisions playing the news in the middle of the street?
ironic name

Postby ironic name on Thu May 13, 2010 5:36 pm

found it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wojna_światów_-_Następne_stulecie
ironic name

Postby cerafan86 on Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:30 pm

best. thread. ever.
Thou art noble. Thou art divine. Thou art dead.
cerafan86
GLIB

Postby justcheckin on Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:40 pm

only. on. Mondays.
justcheckin
AIRWOLF

Another what's that movie? Recent - NYC, killer carves words

Postby ornament on Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:22 pm

Alright a couple weeks ago I saw this movie on HBO (tried tracking down old newspapers, old listings online and nothing) -
and I don't know WHAT it was but I'd really like to know....all i can give you is this -
It is a recent movie - maybe last couple years - It takes place in Brooklyn and starts with this female detective who gets her partner
which is this tough guy male cop. He plays the part pretty damn well, really dirty harry type, quiet, mean, no bs...
i didn't get to see it all but what i did see was basically this pregnant woman is killed and on her stomach a word was carved.
The word was W-then a greek symbol and another couple of letters....
The two cops go to these thugs in brooklyn where the lady is first tested - the older cop shows up and chills the thugs out and
he is saying that it is one of the thugs who did it because it was his gf....
a couple murders happen and again this word is carved into the stomach...
before i passed out they end up going to this mad scientist's place where he shoots a dart in the male cop, there's monkeys in cages, etc....
but it's not him-
anyway, as horrible as this movie sounds it was actually pretty good...i hope someone knows what i'm talking about.
as far as the leads - the two cops - i didn't recognize either though they could be somewhat known...not huge movie stars but like i said
the male was great in this movie....any help please?!?
ornament
GLIB

Postby TonyWilson on Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:49 pm

W⌂z
Got Selma Blair in it.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby ornament on Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:11 pm

yessssss!!!!! thanks, i would have never found it!
ornament
GLIB

Postby dubonea on Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:21 am

ok this has been killing me for years. actually made an account on the zone in the hopes that someone here might have an answer. i saw this probably 10 or more years ago, and even by that time it was already out to rent on good old VHS. There are two people stranded in the desert, and they eventually meet with some kind of desert native who helps them out. if its not a disney movie then it's similar to one in that its a family film. its live action. thats all i can remember right now. a million thanks to anyone that can help!
dubonea
GLIB

Postby ironic name on Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:02 am

dubonea wrote:ok this has been killing me for years. actually made an account on the zone in the hopes that someone here might have an answer. i saw this probably 10 or more years ago, and even by that time it was already out to rent on good old VHS. There are two people stranded in the desert, and they eventually meet with some kind of desert native who helps them out. if its not a disney movie then it's similar to one in that its a family film. its live action. thats all i can remember right now. a million thanks to anyone that can help!

it could be the "Gods must be crazy" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gods_Must_Be_Crazy
theres one from the 60's: http://www.cvmc.net/movie.jsp?movie_id=5799
ironic name

Postby justcheckin on Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:40 pm

If those aren't it, try this one.

Walkabout (1971)
justcheckin
AIRWOLF

Postby ironic name on Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:08 am

ironic name

Postby justcheckin on Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:39 pm

LOL... is there some reason why that is in spanish? hahahaha
justcheckin
AIRWOLF

Postby dubonea on Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:42 pm

its not the gods must be crazy or walkabout, although walkabout is more along the lines of the type of film it is, except that the one im looking for is more recent and more family oriented. thanks for the suggestions!
dubonea
GLIB

Postby Al Shut on Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:08 am

Took me a while to remember but maybe A far off place ?
Note to myself: Fix this image shit!
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby dubonea on Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:29 pm

OH MY GOD. i think thats it. ill have to see some of it to know for sure but that looks like the cover i kept stashed away in my mind all these years. I am infinitely gracious, you have done what a lifetime of acquaintances have failed to do. THANK YOU . i actually have one more thats been bugging me.. its an animated feature about a little girl who gets sick and has to throw out her stuffed bear, and its the story of the stuffed animal... any ideas?

any ways thanks again!
dubonea
GLIB

Postby justcheckin on Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:28 pm

TOY STORY 3!

Nah, I have no clue. I was trying to find some things online and that is the only thing popping up. Do you know how old the animation is?
justcheckin
AIRWOLF

Postby dubonea on Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:42 am

i dont.. i used to have it on betamax in the early 90's, it was recorded off of television.
dubonea
GLIB

Postby magicmonkey on Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:34 am

dubonea wrote:i dont.. i used to have it on betamax in the early 90's, it was recorded off of television.

I know the film you are talking about, it practically IS Toy Story 3, but you know years old... trouble is I can't remember what its called either... will keep trying tho.
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby dubonea on Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:12 am

ha damn magic monkey at least im not alone in this quest. im fairly sure it was a stuffed bear and wasn't it red or pink? (again like lotso from toy story 3, only smaller) maybe if we pool our resources on the small details we remember we can trigger something else and get closer to the title!
dubonea
GLIB

Postby magicmonkey on Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:12 am

I just remember the opening, it was raining and the toys are dumped in an alley as I remember. Not much to go on...

I seem to remember a repair scene too, with the sewing on of eyes.
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby justcheckin on Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:29 pm

Try this... it was a series where the first was a feature length. It was called The Forgotten Toys (1995).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Forgotten_Toys
justcheckin
AIRWOLF

Postby magicmonkey on Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:51 am

justcheckin wrote:Try this... it was a series where the first was a feature length. It was called The Forgotten Toys (1995).

That's the one I was thinking of, I was just coming here to post the IMDB link, but ya beat me to it!
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby justcheckin on Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:37 pm

magicmonkey wrote:
justcheckin wrote:Try this... it was a series where the first was a feature length. It was called The Forgotten Toys (1995).

That's the one I was thinking of, I was just coming here to post the IMDB link, but ya beat me to it!

Mwhahahahahaha, I win.
justcheckin
AIRWOLF

Postby Peven on Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:34 pm

you may now reach in an grab a prize from the grab-bag.......

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby justcheckin on Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:54 pm

I'm not falling for that trick...
justcheckin
AIRWOLF

Postby dubonea on Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:49 pm

that very well might be it, but i seem to remember the animation being a different style. ill have to take it for a spin when i can find a copy of it, thanks potnuh
dubonea
GLIB

Postby M2 Entertainment on Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:44 am

Bayouwolf wrote:
lukasman wrote:Ok, got a new one thats been killimg me recently, dont know why, and pretty sured it sucked anyway.

This is a mix of real life actors and animation (not modern 3d animation, but old school 2d, handmade animation). This kid is speaking on the phone with a friend, and suddenly a big huge box appears on his appartment (this part is real life actors), and the kid goes into the box, and he is sucked into it, and into an animated world, and of course, everything in there is pretty strange.

In the end, he comes out, and goes back to the phone, were his friend is still waiting, and he finds out that he`s only been away for a couple of seconds (it seemed like a very long time to him), and then his friend, on the other side of the phone says "wait, theres a big box in here..." and the kid tries to warn her, but she goes anyway....the end.

Anyone???

The Phantom Tollbooth.

Or possible the film-clip to Take On Me.
M2 Entertainment is a film finance and production company, and we are looking for great scripts! If you have a script you would like to submit, please visit us at www.m2e.net
M2 Entertainment
GLIB

Postby SilentBobX on Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:07 pm

I was recently thinking about a film made in the late 60s, possibly early 70s. The best I can remember about it is the following:

1. The story centers around a circus troupe in a village
2. One member of the circus is hanged from a tree(some talk about it being accidental)
3. Another member is killed with a scythe

I hope this can jog someone's memory, I can't remember it for the life of me but I remember those moments being scary as a kid.

Mahalo
SilentBobX
AIRWOLF

Postby justcheckin on Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:42 pm

SilentBobX wrote:I was recently thinking about a film made in the late 60s, possibly early 70s. The best I can remember about it is the following:

1. The story centers around a circus troupe in a village
2. One member of the circus is hanged from a tree(some talk about it being accidental)
3. Another member is killed with a scythe

I hope this can jog someone's memory, I can't remember it for the life of me but I remember those moments being scary as a kid.

Mahalo

How about these two...

Circus of Horrors 1960
Circus of Fear 1966 aka Psycho Circus
justcheckin
AIRWOLF

Postby SilentBobX on Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:24 am

I think it was Circus of Horrors, cause I'd remember if Christopher Lee was in it.

Thanks!
SilentBobX
AIRWOLF

Postby SilentBobX on Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:02 am

I've got another for the group here, that's had me baffled for the longest time. I'll be brief, with the facts.

1. It's from the 1940s( think) and features a magazine editor(female) and a smartass guy who spend Christmas in a cottage for ideas for the magazine. It also features a wedding, and they might be from a wedding magazine.

2. I'm all but sure it's Robert Young as the man in the story who warms the icy heart of the female lead.

3. This line I'm positive I heard: "We wouldn't miss your little old weddin' for the little old world'.......followed by the female lead stomping on his foot.

4. There's a reference to apple cider with Young drinking some.

5. I'm sure it's not The Enchanted Cottage, btw

I've checked Young's IMDBD lineup and couldn't find anything.

Anyone know?

Mahalo
SilentBobX
AIRWOLF

Postby justcheckin on Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:56 pm

SilentBobX wrote:I've got another for the group here, that's had me baffled for the longest time. I'll be brief, with the facts.

1. It's from the 1940s( think) and features a magazine editor(female) and a smartass guy who spend Christmas in a cottage for ideas for the magazine. It also features a wedding, and they might be from a wedding magazine.

2. I'm all but sure it's Robert Young as the man in the story who warms the icy heart of the female lead.

3. This line I'm positive I heard: "We wouldn't miss your little old weddin' for the little old world'.......followed by the female lead stomping on his foot.

4. There's a reference to apple cider with Young drinking some.

5. I'm sure it's not The Enchanted Cottage, btw

I've checked Young's IMDBD lineup and couldn't find anything.

Anyone know?

Mahalo

How about... The Bride Comes Home 1936
A penniless socialite is hired by two young men as a front in their plan to start a magazine. Soon, however, they find themselves more interested in her than in their publishing venture. <--- I copied that off the internet btw. :)
justcheckin
AIRWOLF

Postby SilentBobX on Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:38 am

Thanks, but I don't think this is it. It was set around Xmas, and it wasn't 2 men, but rather a man and a woman from a magazine going to a family for Xmas for a story idea. In case you're right, I'll keep this title in mind just in case it comes on TCM in the near future.

Thanks, just

Mahalo
SilentBobX
AIRWOLF

Postby justcheckin on Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:21 pm

You are welcome. You signature photo is... well, I find that I can't read when Elmo stares at me. I have to scroll it down. hahahahaha
justcheckin
AIRWOLF

Postby SilentBobX on Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:50 am

Thanks, just. I just saw how funny it is, and when coupled with the avatar of where Tennant's hands are, it makes a funny pairing, I feel.

Mahalo
SilentBobX
AIRWOLF

Postby DerLanghaarige on Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:24 am

There are two movies whichs name I can't remember (To be honest, I don't remember anything from them apart from the scenes I'm gonna tell you about here.). I'm sure at least one of them might be a well known classic.

1.) It was a pretty old WW2 movie, I guess. I only remember one scene in which the crew of American Battleship watches in shock from their bridge how the Japanese (?) torture one man, by cutting his chest with a sword over and over, until one of the Americans can't take it any longer and shoots the poor bastard.

2.) The 2nd one was also about a Battleship (can't remember if it was WW2 or a "modern" [at least from the 80's] one) and as far as I remember, it got sucked into some kind of time tunnel, where it encounters a giant turtle.
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby DerLanghaarige on Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:42 am

ironic name wrote:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057215/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054938/

No and no. The giant turtle was (as far as I remember. It's been something like 15-20 years) only in one scene, during their time travel. They were surrounded by some kind of lasershow, while it happened.
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby ironic name on Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:50 am

philidelphia experiment maybe?
ironic name

Postby DerLanghaarige on Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:49 pm

I won't rule it out, although I've never heard of a giant turtle scene in THE PHILADELPHIA EXPERIMENT.
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby ironic name on Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:14 pm

DerLanghaarige wrote:I won't rule it out, although I've never heard of a giant turtle scene in THE PHILADELPHIA EXPERIMENT.

would have been awesome.
giant like gamera?
ironic name

Postby ufoclub1977 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:52 pm

DerLanghaarige wrote:
ironic name wrote:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057215/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054938/

No and no. The giant turtle was (as far as I remember. It's been something like 15-20 years) only in one scene, during their time travel. They were surrounded by some kind of lasershow, while it happened.

The weirdest giant turtle movie is The Bermuda Depths

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077223/
ufoclub1977
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby DerLanghaarige on Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:40 pm

ironic name wrote:would have been awesome.
giant like gamera?

Don't know the size of Gamera, but if I remember right, this one was a lot bigger than the battleship! (And it was footage of a real turtle.)

ufoclub1977 wrote:The weirdest giant turtle movie is The Bermuda Depths

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077223/

Yeah, but that wasn't it either. I repeat, the turtle was only in one scene. I think they didn't even fought it and it disappeared as soon as they travelled further through time.
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:36 pm

The only time-traveling battleship movie I know of is The Final Countdown, but that's really about an aircraft carrier and I haven't seen enough of it to know about a turtle. I do seem to remember a laser light show when they went through time.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

PreviousNext

Return to Movie Discussion