FAST & THE FURIOUS QUANDQUENTQUOLOGY

New movies! Old movies! B-movies! Discuss discuss discuss!!!

Which is best?

The Fast & The Furious
No votes
2 Fast 2 Furious
No votes
KONG
22%
The Fast & The Furious: Tokyo Drift
11%
Fast & Furious
22%
the upcoming Fast Five
22%
RAarrRRrrrr
22%

Total votes : 9

Re: FAST & THE FURIOUS QUANDQUENTQUOLOGY

Postby SooperPooperScooper on Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:54 pm

oh fuck off pacino. and if you can't get denzel get nicolas cage
SooperPooperScooper
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby TheButcher on Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:50 pm

Pacino86845 wrote:
Spandau Belly wrote:Please tell me that that means they're actually travelling back in time to the 70s. I knew they'd find a way to bring Han back... again!

I haven't seen any of the fast/furious movies, but this just screams car-franchise crossover w/ BACK TO THE FUTURE! Make it so!

Universal should do a Cannonball Run remake with all of the cars from different movies.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:59 pm

Kurt Russell Eyes Part in ‘Fast 7′ (EXCLUSIVE)
James Wan is directing upcoming sequel
Justin Kroll wrote:No description on who Russell would be playing, but sources say it is the role that Uni originally offered to Denzel Washington — clearly showing its importance to the films story.

“Fast & Furious 7″ brings back most of its talent from the franchise, including Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, producer Neal H. Moritz and writer Chris Morgan with James Wan coming on as director.

Moritz and Diesel return as producers.

No plot details have been unveiled yet, except that the film will return to Los Angeles after the previous five films were set in other locations. Co-President of Production Jeff Kirschenbaum and Creative Executive Jay Polidoro will oversee the project on behalf of Universal.

This May’s “Fast & Furious 6″ is the highest grossing film for Universal, having made more than $750 million at the worldwide box office.

The CAA-repped Russell has taken it easy on how what roles he has taken in recent years with his last major film being Quentin Tarantino’s “Death Proof.”
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:17 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: FAST & THE FURIOUS 7, 8 & 9

Postby TheButcher on Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:06 am

Lucas Black Is Back Behind The Wheel For ‘Fast & Furious 7′ And Beyond
MIKE FLEMING JR wrote:EXCLUSIVE:
Lucas Black, who starred in Fast & Furious 3: Tokyo Drift, is returning to reprise his Sean Boswell role in Fast & Furious 7. Black, most recently seen as Pee Wee Reese in the Jackie Robinson film 42, has signed a deal that calls for his character to become a regular in the series and he will be part of at least the next three installments of Universal Pictures’ most lucrative film franchise. Fast & Furious 7 will be released next July 11.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Spandau Belly on Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:11 am

Every third movie, Han dies. And it all leads back to TOKYO DRIFT. In F&F3: TOKYO DRIFT, we thought Han just died in a car accident. In F&F6 we learn that Statham rammed him and exploded in his car. By the time we get F&F9 it will be revealed that Han then crawled a few blocks while on fire before being shot by that kid with the mullet from HOME IMPROVEMENT, who will return as the villain.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby TheButcher on Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:09 pm

Spandau Belly wrote:Every third movie, Han dies. And it all leads back to TOKYO DRIFT. In F&F3: TOKYO DRIFT, we thought Han just died in a car accident. In F&F6 we learn that Statham rammed him and exploded in his car. By the time we get F&F9 it will be revealed that Han then crawled a few blocks while on fire before being shot by that kid with the mullet from HOME IMPROVEMENT, who will return as the villain.

Han shoots first
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Spandau Belly on Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:22 am

Probably comes as no surprise...

Hitfix wrote:Report: Paul Walker's death forces delay of 'Fast and Furious 7' shoot

"Fast and Furious 7" will go on - Universal just isn't sure how yet.

Following the untimely death of franchise star Paul Walker - who died in a fiery car wreck on Saturday afternoon following a charity event for his non-profit organization Reach Out Worldwide - the studio is scrambling to figure out how to proceed with the forthcoming sequel, which was more than halfway finished when the accident occurred.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, studio executives and director James Wan convened via conference call on Sunday morning to decide how the production - which was set to resume filming in Atlanta today following a break for Thanksgiving - will proceed without the actor, who has portrayed protagonist Brian O'Conner in all but one of the "Fast and Furious" films. In addition to the Atlanta shoot, the production was slated to move to Abu Dhabi in January for the filming of additional scenes.

"Fast and Furious 7" was already working on a tight deadline before the crash, with the film previously slated for a July 11, 2014 release. The franchise is one of the studio's most profitable, with the last installment bringing in nearly $800 million worldwide.

Universal earlier released a statement saying they were "heartbroken" over the tragic loss of Walker, who turned 40 back in September. Also killed in the crash was Walker's friend and business partner Roger Rodas, who was reportedly driving the 2005 Porsche Carrera GT that burst into flames after striking a light pole in Valencia, California. Officials have stated that excessive speed was a factor in the fatal crash.

The ensemble nature of the series has always made it easy for characters to pop in and out. But still, getting around this will be tricky.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby Spandau Belly on Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:28 am

According to the mothersite, F&F7 will now be released in April 2015 and that they are going to keep Walker's character in the movie using the footage they have already shot (probably with some CGI and other tricks to insert him in other scenes). The plot is rumoured to have revolved around Walker with Kurt Russel possibly playing a villain who is also Walker's father, so they have to rework the story a lot, too.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby TheButcher on Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:56 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Thu May 22, 2014 5:52 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: FURIOUS 7

Postby TheButcher on Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:39 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:06 am

‘Fast and the Furious’ Series May Get 3 More Movies After ‘Furious 7′
Universal chairman Donna Langley says that the ‘Fast and the Furious’ franchise may end up being ten movies total.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: FURIOUS 7

Postby TheButcher on Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:53 pm

SPOILERS

Variety:
SXSW Film Review: ‘Furious 7′
The hit muscle-car franchise does itself and the late Paul Walker proud with a solid seventh entry.

THR:
'Furious 7': SXSW Review
Walker, Diesel and their cohorts blow the doors off on one last adventure together.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Furious The 8th

Postby TheButcher on Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:30 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby so sorry on Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:45 am

Its amazing how much good-to-great press this one is getting. Hopefully studios don't try and emulate this success by killing off one of the actors a few months before the film release. :wink:
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby DerLanghaarige on Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:51 pm

It worked for THE DARK KNIGHT
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby Ribbons on Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:09 am

Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby TheBaxter on Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:10 pm

DerLanghaarige wrote:It worked for THE DARK KNIGHT

undoubtedly a posthumous oscar for paul walker is inevitable.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

For Your Consideration: Furious 7

Postby TheButcher on Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:38 am

TheBaxter wrote:
DerLanghaarige wrote:It worked for THE DARK KNIGHT

undoubtedly a posthumous oscar for paul walker is inevitable.

so sorry wrote:
TheButcher wrote:Why Is The Idea Of FURIOUS 7 Winning Best Picture So Funny?
A plea to tear down the wall between serious and pop films.
Devin Faraci wrote:The other day Vin Diesel got to Vin Dieseling and he said that Furious 7 was going to win Best Picture at the Oscars next year. Everybody - me included! - laughed and loved him for it. And then I got to thinking: why is the idea of Furious 7 winning Best Picture so inherently funny? Besides the obvious real world aspects, of course, by which I mean we all know how the Academy works and what kinds of movies get nominated for Best Picture and that movies like Furious 7 only get nominated for technical stuff… if even that.

The Fast and the Furious winning Best Picture is no more absurd a notion then The Return of the King winning it a decade or so ago. Car geek fantasy flick = D&D geek fantasy flick.

For Your Consideration: Furious 7
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Spandau Belly on Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:00 am

Arnold Schwarzenegger in MAGGIE will probably beat out CGI Paul Walker for Best Actor. ANT MAN will take Best Foreign Film for the extra footage featuring a Chinese celebrity that they insert into the Chinese release of the film, but F&F7 will scoop all the other major awards.

I seriously can't believe this movie. I watched this film in absolute awe. The part at the end where they street race a drone on the streets of exploding Los Angeles and manage to get two cars drifting in a yingyang formation so that they can pass the cute hacker chick with her computer through the windows from one high speed drifting car to the next was just magnificent.

Seeing Vin Diesel get married in a wifebeater undershirt was enough to get me misty, but then seeing Paul Walker ascend to heaven on a beach and then his ghost returning for one more car race just was just sublime.
Last edited by Spandau Belly on Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:42 am

if he doesn't win the oscar for best actor, maybe at least the film can win for Best Animated Feature.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Peven on Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:45 am

so, bax, you saw it?

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:52 am

Peven wrote:so, bax, you saw it?

i don't think i've seen an F&F film since the first one. maybe the 2nd one.
so no i haven't seen it. and probably won't. but everything i'm hearing about CGI paul walker makes it sound like there's less live acting than in the lego movie. plus, vin diesel and michelle rodriguez i've assumed have been played by puppets their entire careers.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby TheButcher on Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:44 am

Spandau Belly wrote:Arnold Schwarzenegger in MAGGIE will probably beat out CGI Paul Walker for Best Actor. ANT MAN will take Best Foreign Film for the extra footage featuring a Chinese celebrity that they insert into the Chinese release of the film, but F&F7 will scoop all the other major awards.
I seriously can't believe this movie. I watched this film in absolute awe. The part at the end where they street race a drone on the streets of exploding Los Angeles and manage to get two cars drifting in a yingyang formation so that they can pass the cute hacker chick with her computer through the windows from one high speed drifting car to the next was just magnificent.

Seeing Vin Diesel get married in a wifebeater undershirt was enough to get me misty, but then seeing Paul Walker ascend to heaven on a beach and then his ghost returning for one more car race just was just sublime.

SPOILERS!!
This could be the best F&F movie ever!
The Rock gets his ass kicked!!!
Kurt Russell and Jason Statham both kick ass!
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Spandau Belly on Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:05 pm

Kurt Russell even smiles and winks while getting riddled with bullets.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:09 am

I saw it. It was as ridiculous as I expected - and I mean that in a good way - but it was written and directed with all the excitement and subtlety of a 14 year old boy who just discovered what his erection is for. At this point in the series you just have to point the cameras at the cars and call action so I don't expect much but somehow James Wan found a way to do it poorly. He couldn't frame a shot or block a fight scene to look even remotely interesting. You got Tony Jaa in your movie? Cool bro, better point the camera away from him. I may have been the only one in the theater to catch the Iggy Azalea cameo. Not sure I'm proud of that. "Oh hey, let's not explain how Jason Statham's character always knows where to show up to ruin the day." I thought they were going to set up Lucas Black to take over for Walker but maybe that was just one of the possibilities I read about in the flurry of "Oh shit, what are they going to do now?" coverage. There's always the next one - and there will be a next one. I do think they gave Walker's character a suitable exit from the story, but it was one of the scenes with the weakest dialog and was clearly a reshoot. There was just a weird vibe to the whole moment. It felt more like we were watching the actors say goodbye to their friend than the conclusion to a movie. I can only imagine what it was like to shoot. I do have to say I am surprised a movie franchise that got off to such a shitty start is still going and got more watchable. So, not sure it sounds like it but I did like it.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Spandau Belly on Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:04 pm

Tyrone_Shoelaces wrote:I saw it. It was as ridiculous as I expected - and I mean that in a good way - but it was written and directed with all the excitement and subtlety of a 14 year old boy who just discovered what his erection is for. At this point in the series you just have to point the cameras at the cars and call action so I don't expect much but somehow James Wan found a way to do it poorly. He couldn't frame a shot or block a fight scene to look even remotely interesting.

I agree that Wan was a slight step down from Justin Lin, and neither of these guys is any James Cameron or Luc Besson, but I found them perfectly serviceable action directors.

Tyrone_Shoelaces wrote:I may have been the only one in the theater to catch the Iggy Azalea cameo. Not sure I'm proud of that.

They needed to have her roll in in a car with a black widow airbrushed all over the hood. It was a blink-and-miss-it cameo. I mean, even Rita Ora in the previous film felt like she got a bit of attention. Iggy just kinda high-fives Michelle Rodriguez and Rodriguez immediately starts having an anxiety attack and before you notice Iggy's even there.

Tyrone_Shoelaces wrote:I thought they were going to set up Lucas Black to take over for Walker but maybe that was just one of the possibilities I read about in the flurry of "Oh shit, what are they going to do now?" coverage. There's always the next one - and there will be a next one.

I tend to think we're getting Rock 'n Diesel buddy cop action for sequels. Lucas Black will probably show up again, but I tend to think Rock 'n Diesel will be the leads.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

FURIOUS 8

Postby TheButcher on Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:39 pm

'Furious 8' Gets April 14, 2017 Release Date
"We're going to make the best movie you've ever seen," Vin Diesel said when announcing the news.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:29 am

‘Furious 7′ Pulls Ahead Of ‘Adaline’ On Friday
F7 is on course to make $17M in its fourth weekend with its total domestic B.O. pushing $319.3M by Sunday.

Spandau Belly wrote:
Tyrone_Shoelaces wrote:I thought they were going to set up Lucas Black to take over for Walker but maybe that was just one of the possibilities I read about in the flurry of "Oh shit, what are they going to do now?" coverage. There's always the next one - and there will be a next one.

I tend to think we're getting Rock 'n Diesel buddy cop action for sequels. Lucas Black will probably show up again, but I tend to think Rock 'n Diesel will be the leads.

Deadline September 16, 2013:
Lucas Black Is Back Behind The Wheel For ‘Fast & Furious 7′ And Beyond
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

THE FAST & THE FURIOUS ORIGINS: Dominic Toretto

Postby TheButcher on Fri May 22, 2015 12:51 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

FURIOUS 8

Postby TheButcher on Thu May 28, 2015 11:51 pm

Exclusive: Jason Statham on Crank 3 and Fast & Furious 8
The Statham sounds like he's on board for the next Fast & Furious film. Plus, plans are ongoing to get Crank 3 made...
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: FAST & THE FURIOUS 8

Postby TheButcher on Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:15 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: FAST & THE FURIOUS 8

Postby TheButcher on Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:04 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: FAST & FURIOUS DECALOGY

Postby TheButcher on Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:20 am

/film:
Vin Diesel Confirms One Final ‘Fast and Furious’ Trilogy

'Furious 8' Stuck at the Starting Line: Universal's Director Dilemma
'Furious 7' helmer James Wan opts for a 'Conjuring' sequel as star-producer Vin Diesel causes headaches and the studio faces an April 2017 release date on the follow-up to the $1.5 billion box-office behemoth.
Matthew Belloni & Kim Masters wrote:No franchise is more important to Universal Pictures than Fast & Furious, the car-racing series whose seventh installment grossed $1.5 billion worldwide this year. But the effort to mount an eighth picture is proving more difficult than first imagined for the studio.

Furious 7 nearly doubled the $789 million haul for Fast & Furious 6. Some of that number likely is attributable to curiosity stirred by Walker's death as well as Universal's shrewd handling of the tricky production, marketing and publicity issues. But with a hit of that magnitude, film studio chair Donna Langley was eager to re-enlist Furious 7 director James Wan, who emerged from his horror-franchise past (Saw, Insidious) into major action with his big-budget breakout.

But while Universal had contractual options on Wan to direct the eighth and ninth installments, the filmmaker informed the studio before Furious 7 was finished that he instead wished to direct a sequel to his 2013 hit The Conjuring for New Line Cinema. Universal accepted Wan's decision, but according to sources, when Justin Lin, who directed the third through sixth movies in the series, chose to make the next Star Trek rather than return for Furious 8, the studio went back to Wan with an especially rich plea (one source describes it as "life-altering money") to direct at least one more installment.

But Wan, 38, is said to have felt that rather than life altering, the deal could have been life ending. Insiders confirm that the $200 million, two-year production of Furious 7 was so demanding that it actually compromised Wan's health. In addition to the trauma surrounding Walker's death, which required rewriting the script and concocting elaborate special effects (and the use of his brothers as body doubles) to resurrect the actor for key scenes, sources say Diesel proved extraordinarily difficult. As a producer, he is said to have questioned even small details on elaborate action sequences, often holding up the complex production. He also was known to summon filmmakers to repeated late-night script sessions to make him comfortable with his character and dialogue.

Vin Diesel Reveals Who Will Be Directing ‘Fast and Furious: xXx 3′
Triple the X’s, Triple the Fun
D.J. Caruso
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: FURIOUS 8

Postby TheButcher on Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:10 am

‘Fast and Furious 8’ Will Be Set in New York, Vin Diesel Tells Jimmy Fallon
Actor recalls that the first film in the franchise was based on a magazine article about NYC street racing
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re:Fast and Furious Gun Scandal

Postby TheButcher on Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:22 pm

Fast and Furious Gun Scandal Heading to the Big-Screen (Exclusive)
'World War Z' writer Matthew Carnahan will adapt 'The Unarmed Truth: My Fight to Blow the Whistle and Expose Fast and Furious,' a memoir written by ATF agent John Dodson, for Lionsgate.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Quentin Tarantino’s ‘The Fateful Ei8ht’

Postby TheButcher on Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:05 pm

'The Fate of the Furiosa' Sneak Peek
When Furyan met Furiosa!
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: /Grand Prix/

Postby TheButcher on Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:54 am

The Fate of the Furious - Big Game Spot - In Theaters April 14 (HD)

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:16 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:48 am

you say "genius", i say "guy with WAY too much time on his hands."
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby TheButcher on Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:37 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheBaxter on Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:41 am

you say "Genius", i say "Guy with way too little hair on his head."
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

THE FAST & THE FURIOUS (Now w/ 100% More Hair)

Postby TheButcher on Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:53 am

TheBaxter wrote:you say "Genius", i say "Guy with way too little hair on his head."

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: CinemaCon2017: 'Fate of the Furious Beef'

Postby TheButcher on Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:36 am

'Fate of the Furious' Beef: Dwayne Johnson, Vin Diesel Kept Apart on Press Tour
The stars' separation will be most obvious Wednesday when Universal brings footage of the film to CinemaCon, where Diesel, Charlize Theron and the rest of the cast will be on hand, but Johnson will not.

CinemaCon2017:
'Fate of the Furious' to Kick-Start New Trilogy in Franchise, Vin Diesel Says

/film March 29th, 2017
‘The Fate of the Furious’ Early Buzz: The Eighth Movie is as Crazy (and as Fun) as You’d Expect [Updated]
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:49 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:50 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:51 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:12 am

TOKYO DRIFT: Finding Yourself As A Foreigner
The best FAST film is a conversation between cultures.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:30 am

/film:
Did Vin Diesel Axe a ‘Fate of the Furious’ Love Scene with Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham?
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

PreviousNext

Return to Movie Discussion