Apes-A-Poppin' 2

New movies! Old movies! B-movies! Discuss discuss discuss!!!

Apes-A-Poppin' 2

Postby Fried Gold on Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:30 pm

We have to hope that this bears little resemblence to Battle of the Planet of the Apes, as it again as good as Rise of the Apes.

Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Re: Apes-A-Poppin' 2

Postby Al Shut on Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:23 am

That's not an ape, that's a horse
Note to myself: Fix this image shit!
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby Fried Gold on Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:47 pm

Al Shut wrote:That's not an ape, that's a horse

Apes don't look like apes on film. You've got to use horses.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Pacino86845 on Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:15 pm

Ha nice, one of the best Family Guy episodes EVAR! :wink:

All I can add is how much I'd been impressed with the prequel (making this next one a seprequel? COPYRIGHT!), so that I'm actually looking forward to what they've got coming!
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby so sorry on Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:59 pm

Speaking of Apes a Poppin'.... Kate Middleton had her baby just now. Welcome Prince Snootypants Von Krustylips!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Ribbons on Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:03 pm

Those damn dirty royals!
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Fried Gold on Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:41 pm

Pacino86845 wrote:Ha nice, one of the best Family Guy episodes EVAR! :wink:

All I can add is how much I'd been impressed with the prequel (making this next one a seprequel? COPYRIGHT!), so that I'm actually looking forward to what they've got coming!

Rise of the Planet of the Apes wasn't a prequel; it was the start of a new storyline.

The original Planet of the Apes had two prequels.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Spandau Belly on Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:26 pm

Fried Gold wrote:The original Planet of the Apes had two prequels.

Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby Fievel on Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:47 pm

Fucking win, spandau!
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:22 am

Spandau Belly wrote:
Fried Gold wrote:The original Planet of the Apes had two prequels.

well, that's an... interesting... poster.

i'm suddenly seeing clint and clyde's releationship in a totally new light.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fried Gold on Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:23 pm

I would've said three prequels, but I'm still not sure where this fits in with canon:

Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby SooperPooperScooper on Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:26 pm

:evil:

why hasn't this palce got decent emoticons?
SooperPooperScooper
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Spandau Belly on Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:44 pm

Can't leave out this one.

Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:47 am

i was always partial to the cartoon tv series...

TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Al Shut on Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:23 am

Having caught up with the first one and being pleasantly surprised (had relatively low expectations despite lot's of people telling me it was better than they expected) you can now sign me up for a second movie. Bring on more apes!
Note to myself: Fix this image shit!
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby TheButcher on Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:58 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Spandau Belly on Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:23 pm

There's going to be like 40 minutes worth of trailers in front of HOBBIT 2. I have no interest in HOBBIT 2, can I just go and watch the trailers and leave once the actual movie starts (for free)?
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby Ribbons on Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:12 am

In other news, I know this is a business, but I am actually pretty bothered by Fox pouncing on Fast & Furious 7's release date less than a week after Paul Walker's death delayed production.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby so sorry on Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:56 am

Ribbons wrote:In other news, I know this is a business, but I am actually pretty bothered by Fox pouncing on Fast & Furious 7's release date less than a week after Paul Walker's death delayed production.

Do you expect no movies to be released on that date in honor of Walker? Or are you just bothered that they announced the decision 'too soon'?
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Peven on Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:45 pm

so sorry wrote:
Ribbons wrote:In other news, I know this is a business, but I am actually pretty bothered by Fox pouncing on Fast & Furious 7's release date less than a week after Paul Walker's death delayed production.

Do you expect no movies to be released on that date in honor of Walker? Or are you just bothered that they announced the decision 'too soon'?

I have zero problem with it. how is it wrong in any way for Fox to move the date of release for "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" to a weekend that is now "open". Walker being killed in a car crash is a sad event to be sure, but what happened happened and life goes on, life for all the rest of us here goes on, including those making and working in movies, and they have every right to make as much $ as they can from their movie regardless of what celebrity wrecked their car

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby TheButcher on Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:38 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Spandau Belly on Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:03 pm

I'm really surprised Franco is supposedly not returning for this installment. It really seemed like his character would come back. Maybe they're keeping his cameo a secret.

Chimp break forever!
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby Peven on Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:28 am

really like the posters but also agree with the disappointment that Franco seems not to be returning, he will be missed

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Ribbons on Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:01 pm

so sorry wrote:

Too soon!

…seriously though, I have no problem with the date being claimed by a rival studio or film. It's just how quickly it happened that bothers me. There's no rule, written or otherwise, that says it's off-limits, but, like, at least TRY not to seem so excited about it.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Fievel on Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:41 pm

They all look the same to me.

What? Don't look at me like that!
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:39 pm

Ribbons wrote:
so sorry wrote:

Too soon!

…seriously though, I have no problem with the date being claimed by a rival studio or film. It's just how quickly it happened that bothers me. There's no rule, written or otherwise, that says it's off-limits, but, like, at least TRY not to seem so excited about it.

a week is a long time in hollywood terms. if they delayed moving on that date in deference to paul walker, some other studio might have pounced on it first. i'm not sure how soon is "too soon" but the longer you wait the longer you risk losing that date to a more high-profile film, and i don't think anyone involved in FF7, or anyone from walker's friends or family, is really going to be offended that another film moved into that release slot.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:08 am

Fievel wrote:

They all look the same to me.

What? Don't look at me like that!

I honestly had the same reaction...then weirdly felt bad about it. :?
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fievel on Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:33 am

You know, I meant it as the cheap stereotype joke (the way every race jokes about the other all looking the same) and felt like an ass since posting it.
But the thing is, 2 of the 4 legitimately do look similar.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Spandau Belly on Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:43 am

But they're going to be talking this film, right? Maybe their voices will help you guys tell them apart.
Last edited by Spandau Belly on Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby Fievel on Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:00 pm

Spandau Belly wrote:But they're going to talking this film, right?

That's what I'm most eager/worried about - their development of speech and how it looks. Caesar saying "No" is one thing, but fully developed sentences and conversations are another.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Ribbons on Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:35 pm

When will ape persecution end?
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Peven on Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:06 pm

apists :twisted:

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby papalazeru on Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:17 pm

Fievel wrote:

That's what I'm most eager/worried about - their development of speech and how it looks. Caesar saying "No" is one thing, but fully developed sentences and conversations are another.

It's not so much of a leap if James Franco teaches them all, as he seemed quite affectionate to them at the end of the last movie...and Ce...sar...really isn't that hard for a primate to learn to begin with.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby so sorry on Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:29 am

Fievel wrote:

I'm sure they won't explain this explicitly, but just make assumptions that the super drug that sped along their intelligence also allowed them to develop and learn how to speak. Never mind the physiological bone and muscle differences that allow us humans to speak so darn good. :wink:
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fievel on Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:04 am

I was just trying to say that I hope that if they are speaking in full conversations, that it actually looks good on film and not hokey like it did back in the original Apes films.

TEASER:

Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby so sorry on Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:45 am

Fievel wrote:I was just trying to say that I hope that if they are speaking in full conversations, that it actually looks good on film and not hokey like it did back in the original Apes films.

Oh got it. Since its all CGI I'm sure it won't look as hokey as the 70s versions.

Fievel wrote:TEASER:

Looks neat. I wonder what the end game for this current franchise will be. I'm sure they have a framework for the third film already in their collective heads, but will it be our world in the distant future where humans have lost their evolutionary prowess (can't talk, live "like animals") ala the original Planet of the Apes?
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:51 am

that monkey looks sorta pissed off.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fievel on Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:59 am

so sorry wrote:Looks neat. I wonder what the end game for this current franchise will be. I'm sure they have a framework for the third film already in their collective heads, but will it be our world in the distant future where humans have lost their evolutionary prowess (can't talk, live "like animals") ala the original Planet of the Apes?

I would doubt the evolutionary aspect of it, unless they get some apes in a lab. I'm guessing the apes will somehow strip man of his dependence on technology and level the playing field even further (now that they've wiped out a significant portion of them through the virus). Perhaps entire power grids will be destroyed, eventually blackening out the entire planet. Governments toppled. Infrastructures crumbled. Then the humans will be as reasonably close to primitive as I can imagine in a short amount of time.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Peven on Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:35 pm

looks great, and just like the first movie had something to say despite some here who couldn't wrap their heads around it, it looks as if this is going to be continuing with its self-examination of humanity and our place in the living world.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Fried Gold on Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:18 pm

so sorry wrote:Looks neat. I wonder what the end game for this current franchise will be. I'm sure they have a framework for the third film already in their collective heads, but will it be our world in the distant future where humans have lost their evolutionary prowess (can't talk, live "like animals") ala the original Planet of the Apes?

Given that the Rise of the Apes had story similarities to Conquest of the Planet of the Apes (and even showed the Icarus leaving Earth), and that this appears to have a premise not too different to Battle for the Planet of the Apes, one could assume that a possible third movie could be a Planet of the Apes re-working.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Spandau Belly on Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:17 pm

Trailer looks as good as the last one, which I really enjoyed.

I think when I heard Gary Oldman was cast in this, I assumed he would be playing a monkey. Good for him snagging a role as the leader of the human resistence.

When do we start setting up those crazy telepathic nuclear people from BENEATH THE PLANET OF THE APES?
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Damn Dirty Apes! part 3!!!

Postby TheButcher on Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:53 am

Matt Reeves To Helm ‘Planet Of The Apes 3′

MIKE FLEMING JR wrote:
EXCLUSIVE:

Right after 20th Century Fox and Chernin Entertainment began screening his cut of Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes, Matt Reeves has signed on to direct the third installment of the franchise. This time, he will write the script with Mark Bomback, one of the writers who scripted the sequel. Amanda Silver and Rick Jaffa were the scribes who resurrected the franchise with Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes, the Ruper Wyatt-directed film that grossed $482 million worldwide in 2011. The directing deal is done and the writer deals are being worked out right now. It is likely that Reeves will go right into the third film, a priority for the studio.

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Peven on Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:25 am

here is betting the third movie will be a reboot of the original Charlton Heston Planet of the Apes, with the astronauts lost in space from the first movie finally coming back to earth

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Die Hard on the Planet of the Apes

Postby TheButcher on Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:20 pm

Peven wrote:here is betting the third movie will be a reboot of the original Charlton Heston Planet of the Apes, with the astronauts lost in space from the first movie finally coming back to earth

Wrong!
Its going to be:
Apes vs X-Men vs Fantastic Four vs Aliens vs Predator vs Prometheus vs I, Robot vs John McClane
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Ribbons on Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:57 pm

Finally!
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Re: Die Hard on the Planet of the Apes

Postby TheButcher on Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:23 pm

Die Hard on the Planet of the Apes?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axv_xIEADog
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:36 pm

Last edited by TheButcher on Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:14 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby so sorry on Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:36 am

New movie's website

A few tidbits of information there (warning you have to watch the trailer first before you can start exploring).
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheButcher on Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:25 am

SPOILERS
DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES Footage Is SO AWESOME
Devin is absolutely blown away by Fox's reveal of footage from the APES sequel.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Next

Return to Movie Discussion