ROGUE ONE: A Star Wars Thread

New movies! Old movies! B-movies! Discuss discuss discuss!!!

Re: ROGUE ONE A Star Wars Thread

Postby Ribbons on Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:54 pm

That helps a little
User avatar
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG
 
Posts: 13343
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:00 am

Re: ROGUE ONE A Star Wars Thread

Postby Peven on Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:51 am

:D
Image

perversely contrarian since 2005
User avatar
Peven
Is This Real Life?
 
Posts: 13849
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:45 am
Location: Group W bench

Re: ROGUE ONE A Star Wars Thread

Postby TheButcher on Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:59 am

'Star Wars: Rogue One' Enlists Renowned Stunt Coordinator for Reshoots (Exclusive)
Simon Crane joins screenwriter Tony Gilroy in helping work on the first standalone 'Star Wars' movie.
Alex Ritman, Borys Kit wrote:Veteran stunt coordinator and second unit director Simon Crane has been tapped to assist with the lengthy reshoots for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

Rogue One, being directed by Gareth Edwards, will undergo significant additional filming this summer, it was revealed earlier this week. Disney and Lucasfilm are hoping to accomplish several goals with the reshoots, including working on the tone of what has been described by sources as a “war movie.” The lightening of the feel of the film is meant to broaden its appeal.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens grossed more than $2 billion worldwide, and while Disney isn’t expecting similar returns for this movie, the bar has been set high for subsequent franchise installments. In other words, a paltry $400 million isn’t going to cut it for a Star Wars movie, so Disney wants as broadly-appealing a film as possible.

The involvement of Crane, who has crafted the action sequences of movies such as World War Z, and the Tom Cruise sci-fi action movie Edge of Tomorrow, also indicates that Rogue One’s action is being worked on as well.

In addition, THR has confirmed that Tony Gilroy, a screenwriter whose credits range from asteroid blockbuster Armageddon to three Jason Bourne movies and the Oscar-nominated Michael Clayton, is working on the new pages for the script. Gilroy, like Crane, has a relationship with producer Frank Marshall, husband of Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy.

Sources say Gilroy, who also directed a trio of movies including Bourne Legacy, also will be involved in helming the reshoots, which will take place at Pinewood Studios outside London. The length of the reshoots has not been revealed; some sources have pegged the shoot as lasting up to six weeks.

Crane began his career in stunt work on movies such as Aliens, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Batman, Arnold Schwarzenegger’s Total Recall and Saving Private Ryan. More recently, he worked on Mr. & Mrs. Smith, World War Z and Edge of Tomorrow. He eventually began doing what most masterful stunt coordinators do, taking over action sequences himself as a second unit director. He did so on 2001’s Lara Croft: Tomb Raider, while more recent work included World War Z, Maleficent, and this summer’s Jason Bourne.

Rogue One’s release date remains December 16.
User avatar
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR
 
Posts: 16853
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:02 am
Location: The Bureau of Sabotage

Re: ROGUE ONE A Star Wars Thread

Postby so sorry on Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:35 pm

So for the rest of my life I'll have to read about "the original cut" for this movie that will never see the light of day.
User avatar
so sorry
Deacon Blues
 
Posts: 15194
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:29 am

Re: ROGUE ONE A Star Wars Thread

Postby Fievel on Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:01 pm

so sorry wrote:So for the rest of my life I'll have to read about "the original cut" for this movie that will never see the light of day.

Tangerine Dream is coming in to score.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
User avatar
Fievel
Mouse Of The House
 
Posts: 11806
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:07 pm
Location: White Lake, MI

Re: ROGUE ONE A Star Wars Thread

Postby Ribbons on Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:00 pm

Those Space-Unicorn scenes aren't going to score themselves!
User avatar
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG
 
Posts: 13343
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:00 am

Re: ROGUE ONE A Star Wars Thread

Postby Peven on Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:31 pm

can you imagine how good of a fit Tom Cruise would be in a SW movie? for realz.....
Image

perversely contrarian since 2005
User avatar
Peven
Is This Real Life?
 
Posts: 13849
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:45 am
Location: Group W bench

Re: ROGUE ONE A Star Wars Thread

Postby Fried Gold on Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:48 am

Peven wrote:can you imagine how good of a fit Tom Cruise would be in a SW movie? for realz.....


I'm surprised Disney is tending to cast either high-end Actors or new discoveries in these films, rather than big movie star names. A bankable franchise name with a bankable movie star name seems like something they would try.

Even though it would surely piss off lots of hardcore Star Wars fans, I could see Tom Cruise as Kyle Katarn in a Dark Forces movie adaptation.
User avatar
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 13853
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:28 pm
Location: ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Re: ROGUE ONE A Star Wars Thread

Postby so sorry on Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:34 am

Fried Gold wrote:
Peven wrote:can you imagine how good of a fit Tom Cruise would be in a SW movie? for realz.....


I'm surprised Disney is tending to cast either high-end Actors or new discoveries in these films, rather than big movie star names. A bankable franchise name with a bankable movie star name seems like something they would try.

Even though it would surely piss off lots of hardcore Star Wars fans, I could see Tom Cruise as Kyle Katarn in a Dark Forces movie adaptation.


Well SW sells itself, with or without a "big name" star. Why bother paying Cruise's 20+ mil price tag when they know the movie will gross a billion without him?
User avatar
so sorry
Deacon Blues
 
Posts: 15194
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:29 am

Re: ROGUE ONE A Star Wars Thread

Postby Fried Gold on Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:08 pm

so sorry wrote:
Fried Gold wrote:
Peven wrote:can you imagine how good of a fit Tom Cruise would be in a SW movie? for realz.....


I'm surprised Disney is tending to cast either high-end Actors or new discoveries in these films, rather than big movie star names. A bankable franchise name with a bankable movie star name seems like something they would try.

Even though it would surely piss off lots of hardcore Star Wars fans, I could see Tom Cruise as Kyle Katarn in a Dark Forces movie adaptation.


Well SW sells itself, with or without a "big name" star. Why bother paying Cruise's 20+ mil price tag when they know the movie will gross a billion without him?

Because you could make TRILLIONS with him!!!!
User avatar
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 13853
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:28 pm
Location: ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Re: ROGUE ONE A Star Wars Thread

Postby Peven on Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:51 pm

come on, Tom Cruise the Calrissian?? they'd be packing them in for months!
Image

perversely contrarian since 2005
User avatar
Peven
Is This Real Life?
 
Posts: 13849
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:45 am
Location: Group W bench

Re: ROGUE ONE A Star Wars Thread

Postby TheButcher on Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:28 am

User avatar
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR
 
Posts: 16853
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:02 am
Location: The Bureau of Sabotage

Re: ROGUE ONE A Star Wars Thread

Postby TheButcher on Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:06 pm

User avatar
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR
 
Posts: 16853
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:02 am
Location: The Bureau of Sabotage

Re: ROGUE ONE A Star Wars Thread

Postby Fievel on Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:13 pm

Loved every minute of that!!
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
User avatar
Fievel
Mouse Of The House
 
Posts: 11806
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:07 pm
Location: White Lake, MI

Re: ROGUE ONE A Star Wars Thread

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:31 pm

Well I loved every second.

I still can't see myself in this though.
User avatar
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower
 
Posts: 16372
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:49 am

Re: ROGUE ONE A Star Wars Thread

Postby Ribbons on Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:08 pm

Tony Gilroy is now editing Rogue One, with "input" from Gareth Edwards:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/rogue-one-drama-writer-tony-916695
User avatar
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG
 
Posts: 13343
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:00 am

Re: ROGUE ONE A Star Wars Thread

Postby Fried Gold on Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:11 pm

Ribbons wrote:Tony Gilroy is now editing Rogue One, with "input" from Gareth Edwards:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/rogue-one-drama-writer-tony-916695

Which is weird, because:

- Tony Gilroy usually gets his brother John Gilroy to edit his films.
- the editor listed on IMDB for the film is Jabez Olssen.
User avatar
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 13853
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:28 pm
Location: ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Re: ROGUE ONE A Star Wars Thread

Postby TheButcher on Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:30 am

User avatar
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR
 
Posts: 16853
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:02 am
Location: The Bureau of Sabotage

Re: ROGUE ONE A Star Wars Thread

Postby Ribbons on Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:33 am

Looks like it could be kind of good maybe
User avatar
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG
 
Posts: 13343
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:00 am

Re: ROGUE ONE A Star Wars Thread

Postby Peven on Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:30 am

Ribbons wrote:Looks like it could be kind of fucking GREAT maybe



corrected for accuracy, again. :-P



geez, I should be getting paid as an editor around here :D
Image

perversely contrarian since 2005
User avatar
Peven
Is This Real Life?
 
Posts: 13849
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:45 am
Location: Group W bench

Re: ROGUE ONE A Star Wars Thread

Postby so sorry on Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:35 am

Aside from the blind samurai beating up armored soldiers with a stick, looks really cool.

I am way more excited and looking forward to this one than The Force Awakens.
User avatar
so sorry
Deacon Blues
 
Posts: 15194
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:29 am

Re: ROGUE ONE A Star Wars Thread

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:59 am

I always roll my eyes when tongues start wagging about reshoots. The automatic assumption is that things have gone wrong and need to be fixed. That certainly happens but most of the time, especially with movies of this scale, reshoots are scheduled and budgeted as part of the production. Stanton and Disney should have explained that John Carter's reshoots were always on the drawing board, but they didn't and that was just part of the public perception problem of the film. While Fellowship of the Ring was in theaters they were shooting pick-ups for The Two Towers. One of the reasons Pixar is so successful is they fine-tooth comb everything, especially editorial. Sometimes you just miss something and you go back to get it. Sometimes you realize you need something extra in a scene or just a whole new scene to make the movie flow. Not many people realize what a bastard editing is. You can have the most amazing script in the world and get the best footage ever but if the scenes aren't moving the way they should you have to cut and tailor your way through. Not all of those scenes on your favorite DVD were deleted for time. I've had to do reshoots. On shorts, even. I promise you, the only reason your favorite indie flick didn't do any reshoots is because they couldn't afford them. I also raise an eyebrow at claims they're reshooting half the movie. To do that much in 6-8 weeks AND still make their release date seems a bit of a reach, even if it is all effects-free character/dialog stuff. So, short answer: I'm not that worried about it and am looking forward to seeing the flick in December.
Image
User avatar
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 3943
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:33 am
Location: Northern Frontier

Re: ROGUE ONE A Star Wars Thread

Postby TheButcher on Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:15 pm

Deadline:
‘Rogue One’ Trailer: How Much Will Actually Make Final Cut?
Ross A. Lincoln wrote:Vader was introduced in Star Wars in hot pursuit of Princess Leia, who, he rightly suspected, had the plans to the Death Star in her possession, so his involvement in the events during which they were stolen is logical. But confirmation of his role in this story prompts the question of just how much the film will rely on callbacks to the original trilogy. The biggest criticism of The Force Awakens was, by the way, that it relied too heavily on retreading the original trilogy and didn’t stand enough as its own story. Whether you agree with that or not, here’s hoping the final cut of Rogue One doesn’t sacrifice new character development in favor of overt connections to what’s come before.
User avatar
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR
 
Posts: 16853
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:02 am
Location: The Bureau of Sabotage

Re: ROGUE ONE A Star Wars Thread

Postby Fried Gold on Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:44 pm

TheButcher wrote:Deadline:
‘Rogue One’ Trailer: How Much Will Actually Make Final Cut?
Ross A. Lincoln wrote:Vader was introduced in Star Wars in hot pursuit of Princess Leia, who, he rightly suspected, had the plans to the Death Star in her possession, so his involvement in the events during which they were stolen is logical. But confirmation of his role in this story prompts the question of just how much the film will rely on callbacks to the original trilogy. The biggest criticism of The Force Awakens was, by the way, that it relied too heavily on retreading the original trilogy and didn’t stand enough as its own story. Whether you agree with that or not, here’s hoping the final cut of Rogue One doesn’t sacrifice new character development in favor of overt connections to what’s come before.

Some people I know (who you could refer to as general public) are slightly confused as to when this film happens. Some, understandably, assumed it continued on from The Force Awakens.

So they are going to have make absolutely sure somehow that they let audiences know where in the storyline this does take place. One assumes that some heavy references and those "overt connections" will have to be included in order to do that, as well as making the story stand on its own for those who don't care about where it fits in.
User avatar
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 13853
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:28 pm
Location: ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Re: ROGUE ONE A Star Wars Thread

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:13 pm

Tyrone_Shoelaces wrote:I always roll my eyes when tongues start wagging about reshoots. The automatic assumption is that things have gone wrong and need to be fixed. That certainly happens but most of the time, especially with movies of this scale, reshoots are scheduled and budgeted as part of the production. Stanton and Disney should have explained that John Carter's reshoots were always on the drawing board, but they didn't and that was just part of the public perception problem of the film. While Fellowship of the Ring was in theaters they were shooting pick-ups for The Two Towers. One of the reasons Pixar is so successful is they fine-tooth comb everything, especially editorial. Sometimes you just miss something and you go back to get it. Sometimes you realize you need something extra in a scene or just a whole new scene to make the movie flow. Not many people realize what a bastard editing is. You can have the most amazing script in the world and get the best footage ever but if the scenes aren't moving the way they should you have to cut and tailor your way through. Not all of those scenes on your favorite DVD were deleted for time. I've had to do reshoots. On shorts, even. I promise you, the only reason your favorite indie flick didn't do any reshoots is because they couldn't afford them. I also raise an eyebrow at claims they're reshooting half the movie. To do that much in 6-8 weeks AND still make their release date seems a bit of a reach, even if it is all effects-free character/dialog stuff. So, short answer: I'm not that worried about it and am looking forward to seeing the flick in December.


From what I know from film extra contacts and friends etc. making this film, they have been doing reshoots since JANUARY, just after principle photography was meant to wrap in December. So it seems to be quite a bit of refilming.

A big mystery will shroud this film after it comes out asking what was shot in the original version, and what replaced it since it's first reshoots and then with the more recently publicised reshoots, which sound like more major stuff they filmed.
User avatar
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower
 
Posts: 16372
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:49 am

Re: ROGUE ONE A Star Wars Thread

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:54 pm

Image
User avatar
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger
 
Posts: 18219
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:00 pm

Re: ROGUE ONE A Star Wars Thread

Postby Ribbons on Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:30 pm

All Droids Matter!
User avatar
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG
 
Posts: 13343
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:00 am

Re: ROGUE ONE A Star Wars Thread

Postby TheButcher on Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:13 am

TheBaxter wrote:Black Droids Matter

Image
User avatar
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR
 
Posts: 16853
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:02 am
Location: The Bureau of Sabotage

Re: ROGUE ONE A Star Wars Thread

Postby TheBaxter on Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:21 am

Ribbons wrote:All Droids Matter!


you're probably the kind of person who would pick a fight with a Gold Droid Family.

Image
User avatar
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger
 
Posts: 18219
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:00 pm

Re: ROGUE ONE A Star Wars Thread

Postby TheButcher on Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:02 pm

THR:
'Star Wars: Rogue One' Replaces Its Composer (Exclusive)
Alexandre Desplat was originally slated to compose the music for the new movie. Then the reshoots happened.
Borys Kit wrote:Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, the first stand-alone movie in the Star Wars franchise, will be whistling a new tune.

Michael Giacchino, the composer behind such films as the Star Trek reboot and Pixar movies ranging from The Incredibles to Inside Out, will score the upcoming pic, stepping in for Alexandre Desplat, who was originally slated to work on the movie.

The recent reshoots are behind the switch, according to sources.

Rogue One underwent extensive reshoots this summer that saw writer Tony Gilroy take on a filmmaker role during the shoot and the postproduction process as Disney and Lucasfilm sought to clarify story and tonal issues for the pic that is set to open Dec. 16.

But the reshoots also altered the scoring calendar and Desplat, who won an Oscar for The Grand Budapest Hotel, was no longer available. Disney and Lucasfilm then turned to Giacchino, who has a long relationship with the studio and its various divisions.

For Pixar, the maestro created the music for Incredibles, Ratatouille, Up (for which he won an Oscar), Cars 2 and Inside Out. For its live-action film division, he has worked on Sky High, John Carter and Tomorrowland. For Disney Animation this year, Giacchino scored its surprise hit Zootopia. And he’s making his Marvel Studios debut with Doctor Strange, which opens Nov. 4. (With Rogue One, he will end up working for all four of Disney's film arms.)

Giacchino also is a Star Wars fan and appeared as a storm trooper in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, directed by his pal J.J. Abrams and for whom he has scored films and television shows.

Giaachino will now become the first composer to work on a Star Wars movie other than the film series' iconic mainstay, John Williams, who is slated to return for Star Wars: Episode VIII.
User avatar
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR
 
Posts: 16853
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:02 am
Location: The Bureau of Sabotage

Re: ROGUE ONE A Star Wars Thread

Postby Fievel on Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:34 am

This makes me happy. I've enjoyed Giacchino's work ever since hearing his music for the original Medal of Honor game on the PS1.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
User avatar
Fievel
Mouse Of The House
 
Posts: 11806
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:07 pm
Location: White Lake, MI

Re: ROGUE ONE A Star Wars Thread

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:10 pm

The more I hear about this film, the less I seem to care about it.

Throwing all these character and action news etc. at me just reinforces the fact that there is very little curiosity in this film for me. Again, at the end of the day it's a premise that I don't really care about (oooh come see how the Rebels got the Death Star plans it's SUCH an important SW story in a universe with more relevant tales to tell) and an end that I already know (Wow! They get the plans!).

It wouldn't surprise me if this film doesn't make profit with the blueprint for this film and all other things (it may be crap) considered.
User avatar
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower
 
Posts: 16372
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:49 am

Re: ROGUE ONE A Star Wars Thread

Postby Fried Gold on Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:10 pm

I seem to think they originally sold the film on being a "Star Wars crossed with Saving Private Ryan" type war film.

Except nothing I've seen suggests it actually is that. And now it appears to have been rewritten and has a new co-director.
User avatar
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 13853
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:28 pm
Location: ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Re: ROGUE ONE A Star Wars Thread

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:51 pm

My film extra friend who has been getting emails about it said they are still filming it!
User avatar
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower
 
Posts: 16372
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:49 am

Re: ROGUE ONE A Star Wars Thread

Postby Fried Gold on Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:51 am

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:My film extra friend who has been getting emails about it said they are still filming it!

Apparently it's going to be performed and streamed live direct into cinemas.
User avatar
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 13853
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:28 pm
Location: ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Re: ROGUE ONE A Star Wars Thread

Postby TheButcher on Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:10 pm

Fried Gold wrote:
Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:My film extra friend who has been getting emails about it said they are still filming it!

Apparently it's going to be performed and streamed live direct into cinemas.

George Lucas would love this. A movie that never stops filming is a dream come true for him.

Disney CEO Not Expecting ‘Rogue One’ to Be as Big a Hit as ‘The Force Awakens’
But the studio shows no signs of slowing down on ‘Star Wars’ films as they’ve hired a writer for a new spinoff.
User avatar
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR
 
Posts: 16853
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:02 am
Location: The Bureau of Sabotage

Re: ROGUE ONE A Star Wars Thread

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:58 pm

TheButcher can talk?!!?!? :o :shock:

Yeah there is no reason to think this well be as big as The Force Awakens. But they do kinda deserve this lesser expectation. This is a story not really that essential to be told and we know the ending of it anyway, it's not that necessary a tale to tell.

I'm not that bothered about this film when I consider that all this "Ooooh we got a new spaceship, Vader is in it!" is just about "Ooooh look how we got the Death Star plans that you knew they succeeded in getting to blow up a weapon that you knew that succeeded in blowing toooooOOooo ooooooohhhhh!!!!"

Again with films of an unoriginal nature or that you knew the ending of, it's all down to the blueprint of the script and it's premise. If it ain't that interesting of fascinating to me, all the icing on the cake on top of this don't really upgrade it to be a film that I feel I really MUST see.




... Apart from me being in it.
User avatar
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower
 
Posts: 16372
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:49 am

Re: ROGUE ONE A Star Wars Thread

Postby TheButcher on Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:55 am

Disney CEO Bob Iger Deems 'Star Wars: Rogue One' "an Experiment, of Sorts"
He also said the film studio recently heard a pitch from the director of a ninth 'Star Wars' film due in 2019.
Paul Bond wrote:"We don't need money," he said. "We're in the business of taking big risks ... outside money is of absolutely no interest to us."

Regarding the latter, he said the film studio recently heard a pitch from the director of a ninth Star Wars film due in 2019 and a writer is developing another for 2020.

Iger called Rogue One: A Star Wars Story "an experiment, of sorts," given it is a stand-alone film and not part of the Luke Skywalker saga. "This is a moment in time, and we've loved what we've seen," he said. Rogue One, set to open Dec. 16, went through extensive reshoots over the summer and recently replaced its musical composer.

The global box-office average of each of the 29 films Disney made since its acquisitions of Pixar, Marvel and Lucasfilm is "a hair under $800 million," said Iger. "We figured out how to improve the odds of making good films."
User avatar
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR
 
Posts: 16853
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:02 am
Location: The Bureau of Sabotage

Re: ROGUE ONE A Star Wars Thread

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:00 am

TheButcher wrote:Disney CEO Bob Iger Deems 'Star Wars: Rogue One' "an Experiment, of Sorts"
He also said the film studio recently heard a pitch from the director of a ninth 'Star Wars' film due in 2019.
Paul Bond wrote:"We don't need money," he said. "We're in the business of taking big risks ... outside money is of absolutely no interest to us."

Regarding the latter, he said the film studio recently heard a pitch from the director of a ninth Star Wars film due in 2019 and a writer is developing another for 2020.

Iger called Rogue One: A Star Wars Story "an experiment, of sorts," given it is a stand-alone film and not part of the Luke Skywalker saga. "This is a moment in time, and we've loved what we've seen," he said. Rogue One, set to open Dec. 16, went through extensive reshoots over the summer and recently replaced its musical composer.

The global box-office average of each of the 29 films Disney made since its acquisitions of Pixar, Marvel and Lucasfilm is "a hair under $800 million," said Iger. "We figured out how to improve the odds of making good films."


What are you posting about now, TheButch.... oh what a load of ol' wank! "Don't need money... taking risks" - I don't believe a word of him!
User avatar
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower
 
Posts: 16372
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:49 am

We're in the business of taking big risks

Postby TheButcher on Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:56 am

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:
TheButcher wrote:Disney CEO Bob Iger Deems 'Star Wars: Rogue One' "an Experiment, of Sorts"
He also said the film studio recently heard a pitch from the director of a ninth 'Star Wars' film due in 2019.
Paul Bond wrote:"We don't need money," he said. "We're in the business of taking big risks ... outside money is of absolutely no interest to us."

Regarding the latter, he said the film studio recently heard a pitch from the director of a ninth Star Wars film due in 2019 and a writer is developing another for 2020.

Iger called Rogue One: A Star Wars Story "an experiment, of sorts," given it is a stand-alone film and not part of the Luke Skywalker saga. "This is a moment in time, and we've loved what we've seen," he said. Rogue One, set to open Dec. 16, went through extensive reshoots over the summer and recently replaced its musical composer.

The global box-office average of each of the 29 films Disney made since its acquisitions of Pixar, Marvel and Lucasfilm is "a hair under $800 million," said Iger. "We figured out how to improve the odds of making good films."


What are you posting about now, TheButch.... oh what a load of ol' wank! "Don't need money... taking risks" - I don't believe a word of him!


Disney and Jon Favreau Joining Forces on “The Lion King”
We can officially confirm that The Walt Disney Studios and director Jon Favreau are putting a new reimagining of The Lion King on the fast track to production. The project follows the technologically groundbreaking smash hit The Jungle Book, directed by Favreau, which debuted in April and has earned $965.8 million worldwide.

The Lion King builds on Disney’s success of reimagining its classics for a contemporary audience with films like Maleficent, Cinderella, and The Jungle Book. The upcoming Beauty and the Beast, starring Emma Watson as Belle, is already one of the most anticipated movies of 2017. Like Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King will include songs from the animated film. Disney and Favreau are also in development on a sequel to The Jungle Book. No release date has been announced for either film.

The Lion King
(1994) is one of the biggest animated films of all time with a lifetime global box office gross of $968.8 million, including $422.8 million domestically.



AICN:
Sir Baronish wrote:Nothing says "live action" like 95% CGI.
User avatar
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR
 
Posts: 16853
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:02 am
Location: The Bureau of Sabotage

Re: ROGUE ONE A Star Wars Thread

Postby Ribbons on Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:50 pm

Wait, why are we talking about The Lion King?
User avatar
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG
 
Posts: 13343
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:00 am

Re: ROGUE ONE A Star Wars Thread

Postby so sorry on Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:55 pm

Ribbons wrote:Wait, why are we talking about The Lion King?


The Butcher is clearly malfunctioning, someone please reboot him.
User avatar
so sorry
Deacon Blues
 
Posts: 15194
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:29 am

Re: ROGUE ONE A Star Wars Thread

Postby Ribbons on Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:38 pm

We're going to have to do a force-quit on TheButcher
User avatar
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG
 
Posts: 13343
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:00 am

Re: ROGUE ONE A Star Wars Thread

Postby TheButcher on Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:48 am

THR:
Felicity Jones on 'Rogue One' Reshoots, 'Inferno' Reluctance and Anton Yelchin's "Devastating" Death
User avatar
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR
 
Posts: 16853
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:02 am
Location: The Bureau of Sabotage

Re: ROGUE ONE A Star Wars Thread

Postby Fried Gold on Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:56 am

This feels more like the movie I was expecting:

User avatar
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 13853
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:28 pm
Location: ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Re: ROGUE ONE A Star Wars Thread

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:35 am

first trailer looked great, this trailer looks great. a star wars films with actual character development and drama? OMG
Image
User avatar
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger
 
Posts: 18219
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:00 pm

Re: ROGUE ONE A Star Wars Thread

Postby Peven on Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:25 pm

looks so fucking good it scares me my expectations are going to be too high. and meanwhile the main site doesn't even have a link to it yet. weak sauce. what a pathetic joke it has become
Image

perversely contrarian since 2005
User avatar
Peven
Is This Real Life?
 
Posts: 13849
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:45 am
Location: Group W bench

Re: ROGUE ONE A Star Wars Thread

Postby caruso_stalker217 on Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:48 pm

There's no way this thing is as good as the trailers, but I'm gonna watch it anyway.

And my wife has informed me yet again that she would totally give up the butt to Donnie Yen.
Image
User avatar
caruso_stalker217
TOO AGED FOR THIS MALARKEY
 
Posts: 9668
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:03 pm
Location: Oregon, US of A

Re: ROGUE ONE A Star Wars Thread

Postby Ribbons on Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:34 pm

Cautious optimism level rising...
User avatar
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG
 
Posts: 13343
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:00 am

Re: ROGUE ONE A Star Wars Thread

Postby TheButcher on Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:41 pm

This looks like fun.
I can't wait to see it.
User avatar
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR
 
Posts: 16853
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:02 am
Location: The Bureau of Sabotage

PreviousNext

Return to Movie Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron