Who is the best (white) MC?

Sigur Ros is the greatest living band. Discuss.

Poll ended at Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:06 am

Aesop Rock
11%
Bubba Sparxx
No votes
Buck 65
No votes
M n' M
22%
Mike Skinner
22%
Sage Francis
No votes
Slug
11%
Other?
33%

Total votes : 9

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:06 am

keepcool just spent a night at work surrounded by music he can't stand. In memory of that he wants to know...

WHO IS THE BEST WHITE MC?
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Man-in-the-Box on Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:15 am

No love for the Beasties?

Out of curiosity, what kind of music are you surrounded by that you can't stand? I bet I can beat it.
I'm not with Cowbell, he's with me.
Man-in-the-Box
AIRWOLF

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:20 am

country/classic rock from 6-9pm.
Then, the Coasties (Coast Guard) show up and it turns into whatever shitty nu-metal, emo, stuff you hear on the fucking radio every other minute fest.
To give you a contrast I'm listening to Felt 2: A Tribute to Lisa Bonet by Murs and Slug right now.
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:21 am

The Boys? Maybe King Ad Rock back in the day, but they can't hang with the mass they spawned in their wake.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Man-in-the-Box on Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:28 am

I've got you beat, I work the third shift at a soft rock station. All the Celine Dion and Michael Bolton a human can possibly endure. I have to go slit my wrists now.
Man-in-the-Box
AIRWOLF

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:34 am

my most humblest of apologies dear sir, I had no idea such stuff still goes on in the world, as I only listen to CD's in the car.

Do the DJ's have any say or is it all handed down from the top. Are you a Clearchannel affiliate?
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TonyWilson on Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:40 am

Ah I went with Aesop but that was a tough call, any DEFJUX gives me a major boner. And then Sage Francis....my brain will meslt if I have to keep thinking about this
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby Man-in-the-Box on Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:42 am

We have very little input. I try to squeeze in about one tolerable song per hour, to avoid suicide.

Fortunately I have avoided CC thus far in my career. So at least I have that to cheer me up. Thank you.
Man-in-the-Box
AIRWOLF

Cannibal Ox

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:45 am

Aesop's fallen off. That's right, I said it. And def jux has the beats (what El-P should stick to; that man shouldn't be allowed near a mic.) but since Cannibal Ox imploded I've been disappointed with their output. Well aside from the Perceptionists, and even that was a bit disappointing.

"From the top of Fiji to the bottom of Christina Ricci,
big ups if you bought my CD"

If you've got a girl I recommend taking her to an Atmosphere show. The girls LOVE the Slug.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:29 pm

I'm moving my poll to the toplist. Vote on it Beeyotches!
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby The Garbage Man on Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:59 pm

mc chris!
What?! Don't look at me like that, he's a soundwave tsunami, vocal origami, he'll hijack the mic and it's not like anyone can stop him.
The Garbage Man
AIRWOLF

spider demon from hell

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:14 pm

Sounds like MC Pee Pants from Aqua Teen Hunger Force?
Thanks for the intel...here's something for you.

http://avclub.theonion.com/feature/index.php?issue=4124&f=3
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby docfalken on Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:43 pm

How does Eminem not make the poll?

Or MC Serch.
docfalken
HAGGIS?!?!!?!!?!

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:40 pm

M n' M...c'mon Doc, your slipping. And Serch? I was thinking about Pete Nice but Serch? HELL NO!!
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby The Garbage Man on Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:47 pm

Yeah, mc chris does the voice of MC Pee Pants on Aqua Teen, as well as Hesh on Sealab 2021.
Thanks for the link keepcool, that was interesting.
The Garbage Man
AIRWOLF

Postby TheBaxter on Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:30 pm

I voted for M n M's cos they melt in your mouth, not in your hand. Oh wait, this is a rap poll.... shit...
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby WinslowLeach on Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:30 pm

Best White Rapper: Moisha MC of The 2 Live Jews
WinslowLeach
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby docfalken on Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:24 pm

With the Beasties and the 2 Live Jews representing, I figured I'd add another to the mix.

Matisyahu

Rapping reggae hasidic Jew superstar.

Quit what you are doing, go to iTunes, spend $.99 and get track 5 "King without a Crown" from the Live at Stubbs release. (Stubbs is a venue here in Austin)
docfalken
HAGGIS?!?!!?!!?!

Jewish Rappers...

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:33 am

Man,who knew the love the denizens of the Zone had for Jewish MC'S? But MC Paul Barman is the king of the Zionist takeover of all things Hip-Hop.

And Doc, what was that, Jew Dub? Man, next thing you know, the Jews will have taken over Hollywood and banking. Can no one stop this wanton spread of Hebrew Hip-Hop???
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby banthafodderUK on Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:53 am

MC SERCH!!! - 3RD BASS ROCKED!!!!!
wii code 0186 4330 3469 8398 use it mofo's!
banthafodderUK
AIRWOLF

Postby WinslowLeach on Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:07 pm

All the other wack MCs get THE GASFACE!! 8)
WinslowLeach
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:30 pm

Look kids, I loved 3rd Bass when they first came out...but what happened next? When making fun of the Beastie Boys grew stale what did they do after? Did ya hear the follow up? One good album doesn't make ya hype, allright?

With production from Sam Sever, Prince Paul, and the Bomb Squad how the fuck could they go wrong anyway?

And the man who gave 'em the beat for "Gasface", the brotha who came in and elevated that track, Zev Love X, goes by MF Doom nowadays. Peace and love...BROOKLYN BEE-YOTCHES!!!
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby vicious_bastard on Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:47 pm

EDAN!
vicious_bastard
AIRWOLF

Postby TonyWilson on Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:53 pm

MC Pitman, all the fucking way baby.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby Brocktune on Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:15 pm

Where the fuck is the love for Ugly Duckling?
http://www.uglyduckling.us/
3 white guys from Long Beach. They had that single "A Little Samba". its funny, i live in san diego, but i had to go all the way to amsterdam to hear these guys. Real old school flavor, especially the dj - einstein. i played these guys for my buddies, and no body even knew they were white. good intelligent semi-nerdy rhymes. good stuff Ugly: Duckling
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:15 am

That one guy in The F@t Boys looked kinda white.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:29 am

vicious_bastard wrote:EDAN!

It was either him of Bubba and Bubba's sold a bit more albums and has a bigger name. My mistake, seeing how no one voted for him and Edan would've at least gotten your vote.

While I admire him as an MC, it's his beats I really dig.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:32 am

Brocktune wrote:Where the fuck is the love for Ugly Duckling?
http://www.uglyduckling.us/
3 white guys from Long Beach. They had that single "A Little Samba". its funny, i live in san diego, but i had to go all the way to amsterdam to hear these guys. Real old school flavor, especially the dj - einstein. i played these guys for my buddies, and no body even knew they were white. good intelligent semi-nerdy rhymes. good stuff Ugly: Duckling

yeah, seen 'em twice.

They are fun and all, but I just got tired of "Taste the Secret".

But Einstein is a great DJ.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby vicious_bastard on Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:41 am

keepcoolbutcare wrote:
vicious_bastard wrote:EDAN!

It was either him of Bubba and Bubba's sold a bit more albums and has a bigger name. My mistake, seeing how no one voted for him and Edan would've at least gotten your vote.

While I admire him as an MC, it's his beats I really dig.

He is a genius producer as well - a one man band. It baffles me as to why he isn't bigger.
Went to see him and Insight live back in April - awesome! They did a "Subterranean Homesick Blues" video-style freestyle - Insight holding up random records for Edan to rap about. Seeing him rhyme and scratch at the same time is amazing.
vicious_bastard
AIRWOLF

Postby ImaRevenant on Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:51 pm

Why no love for Paul Barmen or Prozak (from Foreign Legion)? Either of them would be better choices than Bubba Sparx.
ImaRevenant
GLIB

Return to Music