Music Videos

Sigur Ros is the greatest living band. Discuss.

Postby The Garbage Man on Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:04 pm

thedoglippedone wrote:Oh my.

My turn, here's one for Teh Garbage Man....

Zone it Zonewards

:shock: :D :shock:

Too damn cool! Thanks, doglips!
The Garbage Man
AIRWOLF

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:43 pm

Who like rock and roll? Who like Nintendo?

All miniboss video belong to us
Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood

Postby Wazoo on Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:36 pm

Anyone seen the new Rapture video? It's pretty fun.
Wazoo
GLIB

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:51 am

Wazoo wrote:Anyone seen the new Rapture video? It's pretty fun.

Whoo! Alright-Yeah...Uh Huh?!

last page. So nice, some jackass put it up twice!
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby The Garbage Man on Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:59 pm

Regina Spektor - Fidelity

Beautiful voice and a unique vocal delivery.

(Also, she's incredibly cute).
The Garbage Man
AIRWOLF

Postby Ribbons on Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:09 am

The Garbage Man wrote:Regina Spektor - Fidelity

Beautiful voice and a unique vocal delivery.

(Also, she's incredibly cute).

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!!
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Bob Samonkey on Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:13 am

Thats cool!! I have been listening to this album for the last month...
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby The Garbage Man on Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:28 am

Ribbons wrote:GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!!

I will not! (It's my only access to those tasty, tasty schnapps!)

Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:Thats cool!! I have been listening to this album for the last month...

Nice to encounter similar musical tastes! I've had the album for all of a day and I've managed to listen to it 3 times already.

My favorite track at the moment is probably "Hotel Song," you?

Ribbons?

...Bueller?
The Garbage Man
AIRWOLF

Postby Flumm on Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:28 am

:o

What's furtherly spooky, is that I have little or no knowledge of Regina Spektor, yet after incidentally spyin' it, I plonked that exact video down on my relatively sparse and generally unused youtube favourites list some weeks ago also.

I re-smiley:

:o

Should I check out the rest o' the record?

ETA: I'll guess I'll confirm with Bueller first, but I'll take that as two bubbles for yes type scenario there, GM. :roll:
Flumm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby The Garbage Man on Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:48 am

*bubble, bubble*

IN-dubitably!
The Garbage Man
AIRWOLF

Postby Ribbons on Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:35 am

The Garbage Man wrote:My favorite track at the moment is probably "Hotel Song," you?

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!!

Seriously, that's my favorite song on the album too.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby The Garbage Man on Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:20 am

It appears you are the yin to my also-yin, the night to my night-at-a-slightly-different-location-so-you-can- maybe-see- some-different-constellations-or-something.

How do you feel about bubbles vis-à-vis pipes?
The Garbage Man
AIRWOLF

Postby doglips on Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:52 am

Keepcoolbutcare wrote:
Wazoo wrote:Anyone seen the new Rapture video? It's pretty fun.

Whoo! Alright-Yeah...Uh Huh?!

last page. So nice, some jackass put it up twice!

Heh, I totally failed to read the post one above my own. I douched out.
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby Ribbons on Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:56 am

Flumm wrote:Helicopter by Bloc Party, it's not their best song, but it's the first time I've seen the video, and it's pretty cool. A surreal animation thing.

I don't think this link works anymore, but I wanted to bring this up because I think it was the post that prompted me to obtain the song "Helicopter" over a year ago, and even though I obviously liked it back then, I've only recently become addicted to it. It feels so epic to me, and I don't know why I feel compelled to say all this, but... yeah. Thanks to Flumm, I guess, because I really love this song.

If anybody wants to check out the video now that id1g1t is b4nn3d, I think this link should work:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=B2OVcytDvBw
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby doglips on Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:01 pm

Ribbons wrote:
Flumm wrote:Helicopter by Bloc Party, it's not their best song, but it's the first time I've seen the video, and it's pretty cool. A surreal animation thing.

I don't think this link works anymore, but I wanted to bring this up because I think it was the post that prompted me to obtain the song "Helicopter" over a year ago, and even though I obviously liked it back then, I've only recently become addicted to it. It feels so bleak and epic to me, and I don't know why I feel compelled to say all this, but... yeah. Thanks to Flumm, I guess, because I really love this song.

If anybody wants to check out the video now that id1g1t is b4nn3d, I think this link should work:

Check out their new track over here Ribbons, tis very good.
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:01 pm

Check out this acoustic version of Outkast's Hey Ya. IT's by a band called Obediah Parker. Enjoy
Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood

Postby Flumm on Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:40 am

Ribbons wrote:

I don't think this link works anymore, but I wanted to bring this up because I think it was the post that prompted me to obtain the song "Helicopter" over a year ago, and even though I obviously liked it back then, I've only recently become addicted to it. It feels so bleak and epic to me, and I don't know why I feel compelled to say all this, but... yeah. Thanks to Flumm, I guess, because I really love this song.

I didn't wanna say anything when I first read this, as it seems a little much considering the past few posts and I didn't wanna push things a lil' overboard, but I realised that at the same time as you were likely writing/posting the above, Ribs, for reasons unbeknownst, I had clicked open the first couple of pages of the thread, logged off and was idley reading though what we had had posted between us all a little over a year ago now.

Even watching back some with their counterparts on youtube, including goes it almost unbeliveably so, Helicopters.

Partly for casual nostaliga's sake... and partly a little maudlin I suppose at how all those id1g1t links were now there, linking their way to nothin'...

Must have been somethin in the air/water/schnappsfumes that night, I guess.

Funny now, looking back at it, how we got so hepped up on idigits humble ways. How it was a whole little thing, scouring around for interesting finds, trading back and a whole page's worth in one evenin' if I recall.

Before things went global, and youtube was to absolve us all of our popcultre sins in it's wake, I guess.

Among other stuff.

::difficult to do justice and yet to understate sentimental sighings::

Simpler times, maybe... but good ones, too.

Anyhow, ahem, id1g1t's demise been and gone, I'mg glad you got something from the song, Ribbons.

Retardo_Montalban wrote:Check out this acoustic version of Outkast's Hey Ya. IT's by a band called Obediah Parker. Enjoy

That's a fine cover, no doubt.

He has an unusual voice also. To his credit I think. Incidental find, or you more familliar with him?

Either way, nice find.

Thanks, Retardo.
Flumm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:24 pm

reading posts like this not only confirms Noz as the best crack/trap-rap head writing on the interblag today, but it makes me just want to give up writing about music in general when young cats like this drop so much knowledge and Goo-Tube diggin' in one foul swoop.

and on the Nas tip, from what I've heard so far, his latest absolutely blows away the recent Jay-Z yawner...
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Ribbons on Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:22 pm

"Free Loop" by Daniel Powter

I'm not sure that I like this song, but coupled with the video, I sort of feel like I do. I really like the video though. Powter makes for a strangely charismatic lead, and there's some atmosphere about the whole thing; subtle tracking shots and stuff. My favorite shot in the video is probably when young Daniel Powter comes strolling up with a gigantic knit cap too; I don't know why, but it makes me chuckle. The piano is a metaphor for artistic integrity, which is... possibly a little dubious, coming from Powter, but it's a good message nonetheless.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby The Garbage Man on Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:38 pm

This thread needs more Dragonforce.
The Garbage Man
AIRWOLF

Postby RaulMonkey on Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:20 am

The lovely Gale Garnett via Scopitones.

I'm working up a treatment about this mad scientist who goes back in time to kidnap and brainwash Gale Garnett, sign himself as her producer, then enter her as a contestant on AMERICAN IDOL. 'Cause he's knows she'd be a LOCK.

If this song doesn't seem hardcore enough for you at first, you might appreciate the bit half way through where Gale fondles a statue of Satan and sings about "the geography of Hell."
RaulMonkey
ZONE AMBASSADOR

Postby Ribbons on Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:57 pm

Brand New - "Sic Transit Gloria"

Did Brand New ever reach the other side of the pond? They're not all that popular here as it is, but some of the bands that are well-known in the UK (Arcade Fire, for example) have surprised me.

Anyhoo, hope you like the video.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:32 am

The Garbage Man wrote:This thread needs more Dragonforce.

every thread needs more Dragonforce...
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby doglips on Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:51 am

Keepcoolbutcare wrote:
The Garbage Man wrote:This thread needs more Dragonforce.

every thread needs more Dragonforce...

Papa?
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby doglips on Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:57 am

Ribbons wrote:Brand New - "Sic Transit Gloria"

Did Brand New ever reach the other side of the pond? They're not all that popular here as it is, but some of the bands that are well-known in the UK (Arcade Fire, for example) have surprised me.

Yeah, someone was bigging them up on one of the music channels.

I thought that was a pretty good video the first time I saw it, interesting choreography. Musically not my cup of tea, but they do what they do pretty well. I'm surprised to hear you say they're not that popular in the US.
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby Leckomaniac on Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:01 am

Hooray for Brand New! They have new music video out from their new cd "The Devil and God are Raging Inside Me" (notice the rank). Although, they choose to use an instrumental tune for the video to stick it to their label whom they have been battling for some time.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:23 am

ok, I know you were just naming a band whose popularity across the pond surprised you, but egads man, putting The Arcade Fire in that post was dirty pool...
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Ribbons on Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:18 am

thedoglippedone wrote:

Yeah, someone was bigging them up on one of the music channels.

I thought that was a pretty good video the first time I saw it, interesting choreography. Musically not my cup of tea, but they do what they do pretty well. I'm surprised to hear you say they're not that popular in the US.

Yeah, they're just not really well-known. They did get a bit of a push from MTV in 2003 to coincide with the release of their album Deja Entendu though.

Keepcoolbutcare wrote:ok, I know you were just naming a band whose popularity across the pond surprised you, but egads man, putting The Arcade Fire in that post was dirty pool...

[looks around nervously, pretends he knows what dirty pool is...]
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Ribbons on Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:22 am

The other two videos in the "White Lamb" series (in addition to that Brand New video up thar):

Yellowcard - "Ocean Avenue"

Kind of a rip-off of Groundhog Day/Run Lola Run, but I think it fits the song well. I also thought the changing number on the back of the lead singer's jacket was a nice touch.

Yellowcard - "Rough Landing, Holly"

I have no idea what's going on in this video, to be honest. It's pretty bizarre.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Leckomaniac on Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:52 pm

Did anyone catch Brand New performing the song "Jesus" on Conan last night? It was excellent. As soon as it hits YouTube I will post it.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby doglips on Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:13 am

Klaxons - Golden Skans

GREAT video. Roll on monday. ( The albums out )
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:56 am

Seriously funny video, definitely rips off the Jackson Five (Sky footie show showed the similarities).

Love the bassline, not so sure about the fugly doods.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MonkeyM666 on Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:58 am

I should really look through the threads more. Maybe this is why I was getting no responces in the My Video Thread... :oops:

I'm reposting here...

MonkeyM666 wrote:hummm... ok. I've had this sitting online for a while now and I haven't been sure if it's Zone worthy, but bugger it. Here is a music video I made (well made most of) about three years for a band called Origami back in OZ. It aired on telly quite a few times, all though MTV wouldn't accept it because it was on Mini dv (bastards).

Anyway, enjoy... I am now at the whim of the Zone.

<closes eyes, ctrl v>

http://s147.photobucket.com/albums/r298/MonkeyM666/?action=view&current=OragamiMaster.flv
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:02 am

Very good... I likey... nice Notting Hill reference. ;) Nice for a budget!

Know anything about cameras? I ask cos we're looking for someone who does...
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MonkeyM666 on Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:03 am

I know a fair bit... PM me and I shall reveal all.
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby doglips on Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:05 am

MonkeyM666 wrote:I should really look through the threads more. Maybe this is why I was getting no responces in the My Video Thread... :oops:

I'm reposting here...

MonkeyM666 wrote:hummm... ok. I've had this sitting online for a while now and I haven't been sure if it's Zone worthy, but bugger it. Here is a music video I made (well made most of) about three years for a band called Origami back in OZ. It aired on telly quite a few times, all though MTV wouldn't accept it because it was on Mini dv (bastards).

Anyway, enjoy... I am now at the whim of the Zone.

<closes eyes, ctrl v>

http://s147.photobucket.com/albums/r298/MonkeyM666/?action=view&current=OragamiMaster.flv

heh, nice! How old were you when you made that?
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby MonkeyM666 on Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:06 am

23... or something like that. We had a budget of... ummm..... $500AU I think.
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby doglips on Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:08 am

It's good, a perfect fit for their sound.
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby MonkeyM666 on Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:10 am

Cheers man... :D

Glad that it has been enjoyed!

Personally I like the hula hoop girls :)

We got them from the circus (no really, we did!)

It's a bugger that I didn't get a chance to key the green screen in the BG of the dance scene, but hey. Live and learn!
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:14 pm

[url=http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=1805237022]
New BEES video![/url]
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tapehead on Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:26 pm

AtomicHyperbole wrote:Seriously funny video, definitely rips off the Jackson Five (Sky footie show showed the similarities).

Love the bassline, not so sure about the fugly doods.

It's pretty much a tribute to the Jackson's 'Can You Feel It' video, no? Except for the ribbons...

I've seen Monkey's music video before - nice to get it out once more, though
Last edited by tapehead on Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby MonkeyM666 on Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:27 pm

Thanks Tape...

I was wondering if you were going to weight in on it or not. :D
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby magicmonkey on Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:35 pm

Wow, how did you do the cartoon effect?
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby tapehead on Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:40 pm

You shot it and Julia directed, right?
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby MonkeyM666 on Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:29 pm

Tape: I co-produced, shot and cut it. Julia exec produced and directed... so you’re pretty close, but you know the long sordid story behind that. Julia also got us a Coopers (beer) Sponsorship so we all drank free beer for a few days :D

Magic Monkey: After the day of shooting I got the master, ripped off various video clips that we decided were needed for the comic strip and then gave it to an animator. He compiled the shots into the preset story board and then gave them back to me. I spliced the effects into the main body of the video.

So there you go...
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tapehead on Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:36 pm

I didn't get any free Coopers :x
Man, Coopers Pale Ale, I've only had it once since I've been in England...

It may be my most favourite of all beers
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby MonkeyM666 on Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:39 pm

Same.... :(

We had a piss up and you came (I think). So you had a little bit of it...

(most of it went into Julia, Liz and I's gullets)

Allthough, I hear that there's some floating around in the walkabouts for Australia Day! I'll be drinking that all night if I can...
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tapehead on Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:41 pm

nope, not a single one - I got to Cherry Bar late and missed most of it - the animation still looks great, the 'narrative' comes across well - some of the sped up clips and flash edits make it look slightly dated, would easily have looked pretty good amongst alot of the indie and new releases on a late night of Rage, and I still quite like the song, exept for the Violent Femmes chorus, which I always found a little annoying.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby MonkeyM666 on Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:48 pm

At least you got to go t the Launch.. I was at work :( That's why I got extra beer :D

I know what you mean. It's a little lesbian rock (maybe because two of them are, and one’s bi), but I've heard it 1000 times and I still don't mind it.
I hear that there getting a fair following in the US these days.

It's funny that you say that the editing style is dated in some parts because I was thinking the same thing when I was encoding it for on here. I never thought I'd look at my own work and think that!
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MonkeyM666 on Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:50 pm

Retardo_Montalban wrote:Who like rock and roll? Who like Nintendo?

All miniboss video belong to us

That is so cool!! I love it how everything looks 8bit! Nice find...
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

PreviousNext

Return to Music