BEST NEW MUSIC 2K5

Sigur Ros is the greatest living band. Discuss.

Postby Brocktune on Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:30 pm

athenabodicea wrote:Oh I know it... I know it... Yet everytime it comes on the radio I feel the rhythem risin up inside me and I somehow always find myself dancin'...
I'm sure they will play the shit out of it soon enough....

yeah, i totally hear you. the first time i heard that song, i was like "i fucking hate this song" so, i downloaded the thing to annoy the shit out of my cohorts, and now i find myself playing it. but i still hate it and what it does to me. what a dilemma. no doubt that radio will run this thing into the ground (if i dont do it first myself). something tells me we have the next "Hey Ya" on our hands.

Flumm wrote:It scares me when he says...

I mix your milk wit my cocoa puff,
Milky, milky cocoa,
Mix your milk with my cocoa puff, milky, milky riiiiiiight.

How is anyone meant to eat Cocoa Puffs after this? I wouldn't be suprised if Kellogs sue when their sales go down.

i agree, and ipampilash
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Brocktune on Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:24 pm

*looks around bewildered*
wtf? oh well, they will be back.
anyway, i was posting a gig swap ad for my band on this website called craig's list. i dont know if any of you know it or not. anyways, i saw this posted on there, and was reminded why i hate mtv, target, and the radio.

some bitch on craig's list wrote:14yr old girl to become the icon of disaffected youth
Reply to: comm-110622937@craigslist.org
Date: 2005-11-11, 5:17PM PST

Who wants to help form this dream into a whirlwind reality? I am working with my 14yr old sister on her demo. Her music is agressive and chic. The songs are radio/pop friendly but the music is varied in genre. My sister smokes, cusses, and knows how to be rude in song, she is the epidomy of what I wanted to listen to when I was first getting into punk/metal/hardcore, yet it is all so catchy, and it comes with a pretty face. I think I'm sitting on a commercially viable goldmine. She is the bad girl that the pop music industry has been without! She is a pro at dropping crafty vocals. I've done Punk, Dance, Hip-hop, Reggae, Indy-Pop, and other styles and tried her voice on them, she gets the job done and makes it look easy. I as a songwriter, have been waiting for her to reach this level a long time. She's ready, and I need help in all departments.

I need to take this out of the project studio and into a major facility
I need to form a live show
I need to shoot a video
I need other songwriters and producers as well
I need reliability, creativity, cooperation and professionalism, but most of all your feedback and inspiration

Thanks for reading this, email me and I will give you more to go on.
James

* no -- it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

then i thought. god i hope this is a joke. some satirical smart ass taking the piss out of the shallow fucks out there... yeah, it had to be a joke.....
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby The Garbage Man on Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:35 pm

Oh wow, that's just... wow...

Somehow I don't think he's joking, just a dumbass.
The Garbage Man
AIRWOLF

Postby Brocktune on Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:43 pm

yeah
my 14 year old sister smokes and is a bad ass. this will make her marketable to other kids. i dont know where to begin with how morally flawed this whole thing is. and i should know im a marble pillar. a shining beacon of moral justness and correctitude.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:54 pm

(bump)

Anyone hear anything good lately? I haven't picked up anything new in a couple of weeks, nothing has really caught my eye/ear...have I slept on anything?

Yes, I'm shamelessly promoting my own thread... :oops:
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby ImaRevenant on Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:02 pm

Why wasn't Francis the Mute by The Mars Volta mentioned in this thread yet. I haven't been that impressed by an album in a very long time.
ImaRevenant
GLIB

Postby Spoon AZ on Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:08 pm

Wide Awake & The Fray are new artists that are gonna be huge. Great debut albums.
Spoon AZ
GLIB

Postby theremin on Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:25 pm

I'm writing my year-end best list for music and film for the local paper. (I own a music/movie store, and run a film festival). I only get 150 words this year! Here's where I'm at on the music side so far. I've got a couple more things to add.

Top 5 for the year:
1) Beck - Guero
2) Thievery Coporation - Cosmic Game
3) Sufjan Stevens - Illinois
4) Ike Reilly - Junkie Faithful
5) Lemon Jelly - 64-95

5 Great Trends:

Comeback of the Year: A new double disc anthology, 2 classic reissues, (including the essential Gremlins Have Pictures), and the first live concert in almost 20 years. Roky is back and ready to be discovered.

Ungangsta Rap: My favorite rap songs of the year are by a Hasidic Jew and a Canadian. Rapping about Johnny Cash and the Bar Kokhba Revolt are much more interesting than guns. Matisyahu - Live At Stubb's; Buck 65 - This Right Here Is

Lake County: New albums by Ike Reilly, Saturday Action Theatre and Stuntrock make me excited about local music for the first time in years.
theremin
GLIB

Postby Ribbons on Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:16 pm

Seconded on the Sufjan recommendation, theremin.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby The Garbage Man on Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:25 pm

I'm really digging Fall Out Boy's latest, Under the Oak Tree.
The Garbage Man
AIRWOLF

Previous

Return to Music