Lyrical Perfection: Your Fave Lyrics

Sigur Ros is the greatest living band. Discuss.

Lyrical Perfection: Your Fave Lyrics

Postby Seppuku on Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:36 pm

For me the man who got me to writing songs (something I do less and less of as I get older) was the little-known Robert Zimmerman. I think he also went by the handle Bob Dylan. He reminded the world that songs could be stories and poetry, instead of unlinked rhymes set to a tune.

Image

Fave lines of his are:

"Crying like a fire in the Sun".

"And I hope that you die
And your death'll come soon
I will follow your casket
In the pale afternoon
And I'll watch while you're lowered
Down to your deathbed
And I'll stand o'er your grave
'Til I'm sure that you're dead"

And my personal favourite of his:

"I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now".

I've also gone through stages of my life where Nas, Biggie and Public Enemy stunned me out of my everyday gridlock. Chuck D is without doubt the greatest wordsmith still kickin' about in the hip hop genre.

Also notable contenders: Gil Scott-Heron, Nick Drake, Last Poets and Smokey Robinson.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Image
User avatar
Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION
 
Posts: 7872
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:52 am
Location: Limeyland

Postby jgraphix on Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:43 pm

GUTTERMOUTH LYRICS

"Lipstick"

on a tuesday afternoon
my mom came into my room
and said get the fuck up outta bed
and get a god damned job
so i told her hey fuck you mom
and threw the phone at her head
but i missed and hit her in the snatch
so i slamed the door in her face
don't ever barge in my room
or i'll kick your ass and call the cops
and tell them i'm abused
and you'll wind up in jail
while i go snowboard in vail
no one to post your bail
cuz daddy loves me more
he says that your a
your worthless your lazy your stupid
a little over weight
now give me 20 bucks
no make it 5o bucks
now mom writes me letters
i write return to sender
let her rot there in her cell
i watch the dogs mate on her bed
sorry mommy i had to pawn
the china silver and all your jewelry
i had to eat and rent a bunch of prostitutes
like you

"Lucky The Donkey"

my mother fucked a donkey
down in mexico
she had treinta margaritas
treinta years ago
her purse had just been stolen
she had to make some cash
for fifty thousand pesos
the donky fucked her ass
i'm so ashamed it makes me sick
my mothers box was his salt lick
human - donkey fornication
her taco is the destination
it soon became apparent
it wasn't for the dough
a genuine fiesta - at the donkey show
the crowd would shout ole
as she nibled on his sack
they never had a patron
demand their money back
the donkeys name was lucky
oh boy he loved to fuck
he'd get so damn excited
he'd kick and make you duck
if you want to be star
it's easy to be famous
just pull down your pants
let lucky fuck your anus
a real freak show in the pit
the donkeys fucking my moms tits
acting like a true ranchero
dancing round a big sombrero
gotta be the luckiest donky
gotta be the luckiest donky
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
User avatar
jgraphix
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 1391
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:38 am
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Postby Ribbons on Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:47 pm

Cool topic, seppuku
User avatar
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG
 
Posts: 13978
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:00 am

Postby MiltonWaddams on Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:49 pm

i have never seen a band take such a hard turn towards mediocrity as guttermouth in their last two albums.
MiltonWaddams
REAL DRAGON
 
Posts: 407
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:31 pm

Postby Seppuku on Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:49 pm

Muchas gracias Ribbons.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Image
User avatar
Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION
 
Posts: 7872
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:52 am
Location: Limeyland

Postby jgraphix on Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:51 pm

MiltonWaddams wrote:i have never seen a band take such a hard turn towards mediocrity as guttermouth in their last two albums.


Yeah...I'm not really into thier stuff anymore. Was more of a novelty when I was younger to listen to them... I still love Musical Monkey though.
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
User avatar
jgraphix
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 1391
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:38 am
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Postby Peven on Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:57 pm

Pink Floyd/Roger Waters- start with Dark Side of the Moon all the way to Final Cut for great lyrics. one of the most under-rated albums of all time, imo, is Animals. great lyrical analogies for modern mankind.

James Taylor
Paul Simon
Carly Simon
Mark Knopfler

i know, the thread is titled "lyrics" not "lyricists", but i have to head out the door for a while and didn't have the time to type out a bunch of lyrics, so chose the shortcut of listing a few of what i consider all time great songwriters.
Image

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?
 
Posts: 14680
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:45 am
Location: Group W bench

Postby Doc Holliday on Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:00 pm

Oh I know that its hard,
And I know that its tough,
That each thing you give me is just not enough,
Its not your heart its your bank I want to break,
Cos its your.......money I'm after baby.


The Wonderstuff.
"I think the worst time to have a heart attack is during a game of charades..."

Demetri Martin
User avatar
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 6434
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:11 am
Location: Crawling along a razor's edge

Postby DennisMM on Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:02 pm

You hear the cops finally busted Madam Marie
for tellin' fortunes better than they do?

Bruce Springsteen
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING
 
Posts: 16808
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:02 pm
Location: Watchin' the reels go 'round and 'round

Postby Vegeta on Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:12 pm

"Had tender feelings that you made hard
But, it's your heart, not mine that's scarred
So when I go home, I'll be happy to go
You're just somebody that I used to know

You don't need my help anymore
It's all now to you, there ain't no before
Now that you're big enough to run your own show
You're just somebody that I used to know

I watched you deal in a dying day
And throw a living past away
Just so you'd know that you'd be in control
You're just somebody that I used to know

I know you don't think you did me wrong
I can't stay this mad for long
Keeping a hold of what you just let go
You're just somebody that I used to know"

Elliott Smith - "Somebody that I used to know"
User avatar
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY
 
Posts: 6274
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:22 am
Location: U.S.S.A.

Postby Bob Samonkey on Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:15 pm

The Old 97's

Barrier Reef

The Empty Bottle was half empty,
tide was low, and I was thirsty.
Saw her sitting at the bar,
you know how some girls are,
Always making eyes,
well she wasn't making eyes.

So I sidled up beside her,
settled down and shouted, "Hi there."
"My name's Stewart Ransom Miller,
I'm a serial lady-killer."
She said, "I'm already dead,"
that's exactly what she said

Lonely Holiday

It was a lonely holiday
I was alone -- you were away
In Fayetteville or in another state
There's so many towns I hate

When you leave me, it breaks me like a bone
But it's never as bad as when you come home
Thought so much about suicide
Parts of me have already died

-----
Yeah it's kind of depressing, but oh well, the lyrics are good.
User avatar
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste
 
Posts: 8982
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:49 pm
Location: Samonkey Island

Postby TonyWilson on Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:33 pm

Fuck Hip Hop - rjd2 & jakata mota mouth

Y'all convincing me that most of y'all are brainwashed
Don't know old hip-hop history
Some cats are crap without their tracks 'cause they weak
I wish a nigga would say he listen to me for the beats
Some got the nerve to say they dope when they spit
When even they family got a tape and they won't open the shit
I got a big mouth and I ain't scared to use it
One person's keystyle(?) allows everyone to abuse it
So what the f**k is your definition of underground?
Depressing beats and bleak cats who love the sound
Well I ain't part of that, I'm tired of rapper's garbage
I'm the part of the underground who only feels the raw shit
And I can take a nigga out regardless
You can bring your hardest artists and I'll make 'em heartless
Some say they lyrically this, or lyrically that
Throwing lyrical in every rap and they lyrically wack
And many cats rhyme over tracks nobody fiends for
Don't f**k around with me, if you can only f**k with keyboards
Just 'cause lazy niggas use recognisable material
Don't mean the dope samples are not original
'Cause a producer with skill can lace tracks
Keyboard beats aren't that original, lets face facts
That sh*t was overused in the G-funk era
Don't give me that excuse, real emcees want better
You rhyme over enough shit, most get away with murder
Like kids who think they words rhyme 'cause they the suffix
Must bit*h niggas be fragile with facts
You bragging 'bout who you battled, but who you battled was crap
What you angry for, and acting all tense
If you innocent be cool, only the guilty's catching offense
Last edited by TonyWilson on Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
User avatar
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow
 
Posts: 9155
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:45 am
Location: A Drained Swimming Pool

Postby El Scorcho on Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:39 pm

Doesn't get much better than this...

"When I'm stable long enough
I start to look around for love
See a sweet in floral prints
My mind begins the arrangements
But when I start to feel that pull
Turns out I just pulled myself
She would never go with me
Were I the last girl on earth

I'm dumb, she's a lesbian
I thought I had found the one
We were good as married in my mind
But married in my mind's no good
Pink triangle on her sleeve
Let me know the truth
Let me know the truth

Might have smoked a few in my time
But never thought it was a crime
Knew the day would surely come
When I'd chill and settle down
When I think I've found a good old-fashioned girl
Then she put me in my place
If everyone's a little queer
Can't she be a little straight?

I'm dumb, she's a lesbian
I thought I had found the one
We were good as married in my mind
But married in my mind's no good
Pink triangle on her sleeve
Let me know the truth
Let me know the truth

I'm dumb, she's a lesbian
I thought I had found the one
We were good as married in my mind
But married in my mind's no good
Pink triangle on her sleeve
Let me know the truth
Let me know the truth"

Weezer, Pink Triangle
Image
El Scorcho
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE
 
Posts: 353
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:46 pm
Location: Pinkerton

Postby TonyWilson on Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:41 pm

Science of The Bumrush - Apathy and Celph Titled

In this rap game you can say your better than me
But on the streets you can't crack as many heads as me
I take beef seriously; I'd rather beat you with the mic
than let you battle me with the rhymes you wrote last night
Those battles in the park you can save that for the 80's
How I'm a let niggas live when they whole crew tried to degrade me
Give me your albums, run to the store sell 'em back
Flatten your frame and use your body as a welcome mat
No hospitality, I'll jus show you a hospital
I make moves and do things, even God would say's impossible
A wild animal, eager to break the chain lock
Your bitch wasn't Asian, but she sure as hell could "Bangkok"
I get paid just to talk over beats
Step in your hood, act like I own it, walk all over your streets
A lot of herbs don't like Celph, and say he's not underground
But I'm a blow soon, so y'all can jus hate on me now
I represent New York City, and the life that it leads
Hustle for dough and stick a ho until her fucking pussy bleeds


Ayyo I'm too hot blow the spot
Nitroglycerin
Sizzling
Dropping more lines then fisherman
With hooks to keep you listen
Feel the friction
Cuz my diction
Going to make you move like eviction
Demigodz in the jurisdiction
Keep it in mind like intuition
You think you hitting but your missing
Cats wishing
That they had the ammunition
To witness the documentary
Of how my raps written

You couldn't spit if you were a virgin bitch who hates swallowing
Leave you wit studly lips like chicks getting collagen
Implants to enhance
Lips to blow
My dick for dough
I'm slick rocking kicks and clothes
Your girl buys me
A little upset it don't surprise me
I get more freaks between sheets than the Isleys
My record is tight for wrecking the mic
I know some ho at my shows getting naked tonight
And all the promoters know if i'm setting it right
They'll be cops in riot gear expecting a fight
I'm off the hook
Ya'll are just soft and shook
So don't start it
The meanest in Adidas
Make a genius look ALF
Ap's got more raps
Than cats got drug raps
Slug caps
Or gats on thug tracks
I need somebody to blast that
Cuz I got the bomb set
Like a Vietnam vets flash back

Yo, I rip the head off niggas that try to oppose
And I don't like to talk to hoes
Unless they don't where clothes
Any rapper out there that think they better than Celph
Can get decapitated with your head on my shelf
Jus as a little trophy that I like to collect
I make beef jerky strips from the skin on your neck
I throw your hype man off the stage from running his mouth
Me and my niggas on the corner straight dunnin it out
With the semi-auto heat complete with chrome nozzle
Jump on the FDR with the whip at full throttle
My ancestors came from the island in Cuba
Now I transcend the legacy thru chips in computers
And take trips to Bermuda, with nothing else to do
Swear my self under the oath and never tell the fucking truth
I be so blasphemous I seek shelter in storms
Beyond the norm avoid the lightning when i'm in human form
Every verse I write is classic felt by heads everywhere
Celph Titled number one master of the dragon's lair
A bone carpenter make figurines out of your skeleton
Rob you of your soul and take it with me back to hell again


Picture perfectionism
Whenever I bless the rhythm
I make heads spin like Rock Steady exorcisms
Open Mic's the type of emcee who rips scenes
Bullets stream i'm cutting you clean like wolverine
With claws popped
After the verse your jaws dropped
I'm raw hot
Big dick
You're all small cock
I'm gangsta
(Wait, no he's not)
I'm atomically nuclear solar supernova hot
Defeating me is an impossible plan
I burn emcees like a tropical tan
Because no obstacle can
Stand in the way of one unstoppable man
I knock your dick in the dirt
And put your face in the sand
For those who bite or copy me
I'm striking like the lottery
The mic's apart of me
That goes together like ghettos and poverty
And don't follow me
It's possibly due to my high velocity
Philosophy
(And I'll fuck your mom muthafucka)

I got the whole entire planet saying Apathy's fly
That's why they play me in their walkmans till their batteries die
From the thugs at crack spots
That listen with gats cocked
To cats on laptops
To jock whatever Ap drops
These underground backpacker's think I'm crazy
Cuz my favorite emcees are Biggie Smalls and Jay-Z
I'm dropping data that could make your Pentium break
And dick that could make a veteran lesbian straight
You want to test like a ??? competed
Stop playing Ap will never be defeated
I leave the competition mentally stressed
Like teenage girl taking a pregnancy test
You better drop the mic from your hand
You ain't the man
You jus an overly obsessed fan like Stan
When you finally built the courage to spit ask Celph
(Yo the songs over money you played your self)
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
User avatar
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow
 
Posts: 9155
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:45 am
Location: A Drained Swimming Pool

Postby minstrel on Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:43 pm

Peven is right. Roger Waters is a lyricist of genius. He's also the darkest cynic out there. Here are some selections:

"You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to
So that when they turn their backs on you
You get the chance to put the knife in."

"When come the day we lowly ones
Through quiet reflection and great dedication
Master the art of karate
Lo, we shall rise up
And then we'll make the bugger's eyes water."

"And then one day you find that
Ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run
You missed the starting gun."

"Well I've always had a deep respect and I mean that most sincerely,
The band is just fantastic, that is really what I think
Oh, by the way, which one's Pink?"
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
User avatar
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency
 
Posts: 12634
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:03 pm
Location: Area 52

Postby thomasgaffney on Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:44 pm

Oops! I Did It Again - Britney Spears

yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah
Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

I think I did it again
I made you believe we're more than just friends
Oh baby
It might seem like a crush
But it doesn't mean that I'm serious
'Cause to lose all my senses
That is just so typically me
Oh baby, baby

[CHORUS:]
Oops!...I did it again
I played with your heart, got lost in the game
Oh baby, baby
Oops!...You think I'm in love
That I'm sent from above
I'm not that innocent

You see my problem is this
I'm dreaming away
Wishing that heroes, they truly exist
I cry, watching the days
Can't you see I'm a fool in so many ways
But to lose all my senses
That is just so typically me
Baby, oh

[Repeat CHORUS]

Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah
Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

"All aboard"
"Britney, before you go, there's something I want you to have"
"Oh, it's beautiful, but wait a minute, isn't this...?"
"Yeah, yes it is"
"But I thought the old lady dropped it into the ocean in the end"
"Well baby, I went down and got it for you"
"Oh, you shouldn't have"

Oops!...I did it again to your heart
Got lost in this game, oh baby
Oops!...You think that I'm sent from above
I'm not that innocent
find me: twitter and goodreads
find my book: amazon
User avatar
thomasgaffney
a might unpredictable
 
Posts: 6618
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:11 am
Location: lost in a book

Postby Seppuku on Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:55 pm

Nuggets from the New Wave Era:

Siouxsie and the Banshees - Suburban Relapse

"Should I throw things at the neighbours
expose myself to strangers?"

Magazine - Permafrost

"As the day stops dead
at the place where we're lost
I will drug you and fuck you
on the permafrost"

PIL - Religion I

"Do you pray to the Holy Ghost when you suck your host
Do you read who's dead in the Irish Post"

Buzzcocks - Orgasm Addict

"Well you tried it just the once and it's alright for kicks
But then you find out it's a habit that sticks"

X-Ray Spex - Oh! Bondage Up Yours

"Some people think little girls should be seen and not heard
But i think
Oh Bondage Up Yours!"
Dale Tremont Presents...

Image
User avatar
Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION
 
Posts: 7872
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:52 am
Location: Limeyland

Postby Vegeta on Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:56 pm

El Scorcho wrote:Doesn't get much better than this...

"When I'm stable long enough
I start to look around for love
See a sweet in floral prints
My mind begins the arrangements
But when I start to feel that pull
Turns out I just pulled myself
She would never go with me
Were I the last girl on earth

I'm dumb, she's a lesbian
I thought I had found the one
We were good as married in my mind
But married in my mind's no good
Pink triangle on her sleeve
Let me know the truth
Let me know the truth

Might have smoked a few in my time
But never thought it was a crime
Knew the day would surely come
When I'd chill and settle down
When I think I've found a good old-fashioned girl
Then she put me in my place
If everyone's a little queer
Can't she be a little straight?

I'm dumb, she's a lesbian
I thought I had found the one
We were good as married in my mind
But married in my mind's no good
Pink triangle on her sleeve
Let me know the truth
Let me know the truth

I'm dumb, she's a lesbian
I thought I had found the one
We were good as married in my mind
But married in my mind's no good
Pink triangle on her sleeve
Let me know the truth
Let me know the truth"

Weezer, Pink Triangle


Awesome tune!!!!
User avatar
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY
 
Posts: 6274
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:22 am
Location: U.S.S.A.

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:18 pm

"when they fall in they fall in from the roof
they grab on to me tightly as if i knew the way
when i fight for something i fight because i care
when i fight with you i fight but i don't care"

"i got style, miles and miles, so much style it's wasted"

"You've been chosen as an extra in the movie adaptation
of the sequel to your life"

"Every building same height
Every street a straight line
Team colour's yellow and blue
Cheerleaders single file
Perfect smiles unaffected
And you won't forget
Our colour's blue
No you won't forget it

Twenty miles westwards
Home of the Redbirds
Team colour's crimson blue
Open up your purses
For the boys to reimburse us
With a goal line stand on 4th and 2
And that goal line stand
Ha!

Summer's dry and foul
Resevoirs are shallow
Spillways unexposed
It's never been inspected
When the government's elected
And the field's will turn to yellow too
And the field's will turn"

S.M.
User avatar
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 9407
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:14 am
Location: Blacktionville

Postby TonyWilson on Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:25 pm

keepcoolbutcare wrote:"when they fall in they fall in from the roof
they grab on to me tightly as if i knew the way
when i fight for something i fight because i care
when i fight with you i fight but i don't care"

"i got style, miles and miles, so much style it's wasted"

"You've been chosen as an extra in the movie adaptation
of the sequel to your life"

"Every building same height
Every street a straight line
Team colour's yellow and blue
Cheerleaders single file
Perfect smiles unaffected
And you won't forget
Our colour's blue
No you won't forget it

Twenty miles westwards
Home of the Redbirds
Team colour's crimson blue
Open up your purses
For the boys to reimburse us
With a goal line stand on 4th and 2
And that goal line stand
Ha!

Summer's dry and foul
Resevoirs are shallow
Spillways unexposed
It's never been inspected
When the government's elected
And the field's will turn to yellow too
And the field's will turn"

S.M.


Beautiful mate.
That's not just Pavement stuff is it? I don't recongnise all of it.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
User avatar
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow
 
Posts: 9155
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:45 am
Location: A Drained Swimming Pool

Postby MasterWhedon on Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:26 pm

Best song ever written is "You Can't Always Get What You Want" by The Rolling Stones.


"You can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometime
You might just find
You get what you need"


That is a pure, true, perfect sentiment. It doesn't get any better.
User avatar
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE
 
Posts: 9473
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:07 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby Vegeta on Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:27 pm

"Guys like me, we don't know how it feels
Absentee, even closing the deal
With every player, there's a payoff in the final reel
But never with guys like me

Cause guys like me, we look good at the gate
But you'll agree with the odds on the slate
And put your money on a bonafide heavyweight
And take it off guys like me

Pull you close, but never really
Looking warm, but feeling chilly
You'll describe us as empassioned
When it's just a front we fashion

Cause guys like me we all vow to become
clear and free of the fife and the drum
and block the circulation til we're all completely numb
Let's hear it for guys like me..."

Aimee Mann - "Guys like me"
User avatar
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY
 
Posts: 6274
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:22 am
Location: U.S.S.A.

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:29 pm

TonyWilson wrote:Beautiful mate.
That's not just Pavement stuff is it? I don't recongnise all of it.


indeed it is all Pavement.

1. Angel Carver Blues
2. Frontwards
3. Shady Lane
4. Lions (Linden)

Did RJ write those lyrics?
User avatar
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 9407
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:14 am
Location: Blacktionville

Postby TonyWilson on Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:32 pm

keepcoolbutcare wrote:
TonyWilson wrote:
Beautiful mate.
That's not just Pavement stuff is it? I don't recongnise all of it.


indeed it is all Pavement.

1. Angel Carver Blues
2. Frontwards
3. Shady Lane
4. Lions (Linden)

Did RJ write those lyrics?


Aha, cheers I haven't heard Angel Carver Blues for a very long time I don't think, I only remembered it when you metnioned it.

It's jakata mota mouth and rj who did the lyrics, I shoulda credited Mota.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
User avatar
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow
 
Posts: 9155
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:45 am
Location: A Drained Swimming Pool

Postby Vegeta on Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:48 pm

"I need something good to die for
To make it Beautiful to live"

Queens of the Stone Age - "Go with the Flow"

"Oh to fight is to defend
if it's not now than tell me when
would be the time that you would stand up and be a man
for to lose I could accept
but to surrender I just wept and regretted this moment
oh that I - I was the fool"

The Flaming Lips - "Fight Test"
User avatar
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY
 
Posts: 6274
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:22 am
Location: U.S.S.A.

Postby Peven on Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:58 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:Best song ever written is "You Can't Always Get What You Want" by The Rolling Stones.


"You can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometime
You might just find
You get what you need"


That is a pure, true, perfect sentiment. It doesn't get any better.


i agree that is a great song, and a truism as well. funny story.......

.....yrs ago i used to work for a guy who was in his mid 40's, born again Christian, and pretty "square". i was about 23-24, had longish hair, and two earings. one day in the course of work, i forget the specifics of what we were doing, i recited the refrain, "you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you'll find you get what you need". well, my boss turned to me and said, "that sounds like a wise fatherly bit of advice, where does it come from?" i must have grinned like a monkey, then said, "Mick Jagger". the look on his face was priceless, as he processed the fact that his born again Christian self had just complimented Mick and the Stones for being fatherly and wise. :lol:
Peven
Is This Real Life?
 
Posts: 14680
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:45 am
Location: Group W bench

Postby Seppuku on Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:01 pm

I agree, great song and great album (Let it Bleed).

+Interesting Fact: I once lived above a Chelsea Drug Store. It could quite possibly have been the same one referenced in the song. In fact, for argument's sake let's just say it was most definitely the same one.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Image
User avatar
Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION
 
Posts: 7872
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:52 am
Location: Limeyland

Postby vicious_bastard on Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:26 pm

"I saw a werewolf with a Chinese menu in his hand
Walking through the streets of Soho in the rain
He was looking for a place called Lee Ho Fook's
Going to get himself a big dish of beef chow mein
Werewolves of London

If you hear him howling around your kitchen door
Better not let him in
Little old lady got mutilated late last night
Werewolves of London again
Werewolves of London

He's the hairy-handed gent who ran amuck in Kent
Lately he's been overheard in Mayfair
Better stay away from him
He'll rip your lungs out, Jim
I'd like to meet his tailor
Werewolves of London

Well, I saw Lon Chaney walking with the Queen
Doing the
I saw Lon Chaney, Jr. walking with the Queen
Doing the
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's
His hair was perfect
Werewolves of London
Draw blood"

The genius of Warren Zevon. You know the tune. What in God's name inspired it?

El Scorcho wrote:I'm dumb, she's a lesbian
I thought I had found the one
We were good as married in my mind
But married in my mind's no good
Pink triangle on her sleeve
Let me know the truth
Let me know the truth


Best chorus ever. Good call.

The first line of Serve The Servants by Nirvana is probably the best one the album:

"Teenage angst has paid off well, now I'm bored and old."

Libertines - Death On The Stairs. Whatever else he may be, Pete Doherty is a brilliant lyricist:

"From way far across the sea
Came an eritrean maiden she
Had a one track mind and eyes for me
Half blinded in the war"

And more Libertines. Time For Heroes:

"There are fewer more distressing sights than that
Of an Englishman in a baseball cap
Yeah we'll die in the class we were born
That's a class of our own my love
A class of our own my love"

Too many great hiphop lines to think of as well:

"A brainiac with a cranium packed full of more uranium than a maniac Saudi Arabian." (Eminem - Freestyle)

"Syllable practice is never a chore, never a bore
Immature literature litters the floor
I figured you for a biggot before
But don't be bitter and sore
Just spit and record meticulous thoughts
Syllable practice is never a task
Clever attacks left competitors waxed, steady get lax
So I fed em a fax, tellin 'em facts, propellin' repetitive tracks
And feminine raps to the kennel for snacks." (Edan - Syllable Practice)

I like words quite a lot. Good thread. Sorry for the monstrous quotage.
User avatar
vicious_bastard
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 2215
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:43 pm
Location: London

Postby JabberJaw on Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:37 pm

My number 1 is simply:

"And in the end...the love you take...is equal to the love you make"....The Beatles

I also love Randy Newman's lyrics.

Political Science

No one likes us-I don't know why
We may not be perfect, but heaven knows we try
But all around, even our old friends put us down
Let's drop the big one and see what happens

We give them money-but are they grateful?
No, they're spiteful and they're hateful
They don't respect us-so let's surprise them
We'll drop the big one and pulverize them

Asia's crowded and Europe's too old
Africa is far too hot
And Canada's too cold
And South America stole our name
Let's drop the big one
There'll be no one left to blame us

We'll save Australia
Don't wanna hurt no kangaroo
We'll build an All American amusement park there
They got surfin', too

Boom goes London and boom Paree
More room for you and more room for me
And every city the whole world round
Will just be another American town
Oh, how peaceful it will be
We'll set everybody free
You'll wear a Japanese kimono
And there'll be Italian shoes for me

They all hate us anyhow
So let's drop the big one now
Let's drop the big one now
ImageImage
User avatar
JabberJaw
MONKEY BUTLER
 
Posts: 204
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:46 am
Location: Orlando, Fl

Postby minstrel on Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:45 pm

My favorite Warren Zevon verse:

"I'm hiding in Honduras
I'm a desperate man.
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan."

Perfect. Couldn't be better.
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
User avatar
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency
 
Posts: 12634
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:03 pm
Location: Area 52

Postby Vegeta on Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:49 pm

"It took so long to remember just what happened.
I was so young and vestal then,
you know it hurt me,
but I'm breathing so I guess I'm still alive
even if signs seem to tell me otherwise.
I've got my hands bound,
my head down, my eyes closed,
and my throat wide open.

Do unto others what has been done to you

I'm treading water,
I need to sleep a while.
My lamb and martyr, you look so precious.
Won't you come a bit closer,
close enough so I can smell you.
I need you to feel this,
I can't stand to burn too long.
Released in this sodomy.
For one sweet moment I am whole.

Do unto you now what has been done to me.

You're breathing so I guess you're still alive
even if signs seem to tell me otherwise.
Won't you come just a bit closer,
close enough so I can smell you.
I need you to feel this.
I need this to make me whole.
There's release in this sodomy.
For I am your witness that
blood and flesh can be trusted.
And only this one holy medium brings me piece of mind.

Got your hands bound, your head down,
your eyes closed.
You look so precious now.

I have found some kind of temporary sanity in this
shit blood and cum on my hands.

I've come round full circle.
My lamb and martyr, this will be over soon.
You look so precious."

Tool - "Prison Sex"
User avatar
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY
 
Posts: 6274
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:22 am
Location: U.S.S.A.

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:52 pm

My Girlfriend's a Girlfriend, by a the Type O Negative

It's a the no secret we close, eh?
As a sweaty velcro,
Like a the latex, anna fur anna the feathers
Holy crappa we stuck together
Now, no?

Inna they '62 'vette,
Sharing a the one a Smokey Thingie.
Inna the black a light a trance then
It's a the Go Go dance
anna then
a the Go Go trance
eh?

They keep a the Dino warm onna cold nights
Goddamn we must a be quite a the sight, no?
Inna our meat triangle
All tangled anna such
HOLY CRAPPA!

My girlfriend's a girlfriend
She look like a the you.
My girlfriend's a girlfriend
She's a the Dino's girl too, no?

Her anna me anna her anna she anna me,
An unna-crowded couple are a we three, eh?
Hey we donna care a what alla the putzes say
When a walking hand inna hand down a the Kings Highway,
Two for a the one today, eh?

My girlfriend's a girlfriend
She look like a the you.
My girlfriend's a girlfriend
She's a the Dino's girl too, no?
User avatar
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN
 
Posts: 11284
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:15 pm
Location: Private Villa inna Santorini

Postby thomasgaffney on Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:53 pm

DinoDeLaurentiis wrote:My Girlfriend's a Girlfriend, by a the Type O Negative

It's a the no secret we close, eh?
As a sweaty velcro,
Like a the latex, anna fur anna the feathers
Holy crappa we stuck together
Now, no?

Inna they '62 'vette,
Sharing a the one a Smokey Thingie.
Inna the black a light a trance then
It's a the Go Go dance
anna then
a the Go Go trance
eh?

They keep a the Dino warm onna cold nights
Goddamn we must a be quite a the sight, no?
Inna our meat triangle
All tangled anna such
HOLY CRAPPA!

My girlfriend's a girlfriend
She look like a the you.
My girlfriend's a girlfriend
She's a the Dino's girl too, no?

Her anna me anna her anna she anna me,
An unna-crowded couple are a we three, eh?
Hey we donna care a what alla the putzes say
When a walking hand inna hand down a the Kings Highway,
Two for a the one today, eh?

My girlfriend's a girlfriend
She look like a the you.
My girlfriend's a girlfriend
She's a the Dino's girl too, no?


Now THOSE are some lyrics..... IPAMPILASH!!
find me: twitter and goodreads
find my book: amazon
User avatar
thomasgaffney
a might unpredictable
 
Posts: 6618
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:11 am
Location: lost in a book

Postby TonyWilson on Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:54 pm

"When I am King you will be first against the wall"

"Kicking screaming gucci little piggy"

Paranoid Android - Radiohead
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
User avatar
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow
 
Posts: 9155
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:45 am
Location: A Drained Swimming Pool

Postby Seppuku on Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:21 pm

Hey good call Tony. It's been ages since I put on a Radiohead album, I used to listen to them 24/7.

Well I just threw on the Bends, and on came Sulk...

"You bite through the big wall, the big wall bites back
You just sit there and sulk, sit there and bawl
You're so pretty when you're on your knees
Disinfected, eager to please"

That you're so pretty when you're on your knees line must be influenced by that Pixies song where Black Francis sings, "You're so pretty when you're unfaithful to me". I know I read an interview somewhere where Yorke admitted his big-time Pixies love.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Image
User avatar
Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION
 
Posts: 7872
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:52 am
Location: Limeyland

Postby Cabiria on Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:04 pm

So join the struggle while you may
The Revolution is just a T-shirt away

People say that we're a perfect match
They don't realise that there's a catch
They don't have to live with you, forgive you for the things you do
There's just no ignoring, you're pretty but you're boring

I am the milkman of human kindness
I will leave an extra pint

~Three different songs by the incomparable Billy Bragg. Lyrical genius.

And if a double-decker bus
Crashes into us
To die by your side
Is such a heavenly way to die
And if a ten-ton truck
Kills the both of us
To die by your side
Well, the pleasure - the privilege is mine

~The Smiths. The most glorious, ridiculous, mopey lyrics ever. Don't hate The Moz. For all his faults, the man can write a witty song.
User avatar
Cabiria
MONKEY BUTLER
 
Posts: 244
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:33 am
Location: Texas

Postby TonyWilson on Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:16 pm

Cabiria wrote:So join the struggle while you may
The Revolution is just a T-shirt away

People say that we're a perfect match
They don't realise that there's a catch
They don't have to live with you, forgive you for the things you do
There's just no ignoring, you're pretty but you're boring

I am the milkman of human kindness
I will leave an extra pint

~Three different songs by the incomparable Billy Bragg. Lyrical genius.

And if a double-decker bus
Crashes into us
To die by your side
Is such a heavenly way to die
And if a ten-ton truck
Kills the both of us
To die by your side
Well, the pleasure - the privilege is mine

~The Smiths. The most glorious, ridiculous, mopey lyrics ever. Don't hate The Moz. For all his faults, the man can write a witty song.



Billy Bragg AND The Smiths!?!?!

Good call Carbiria
I always liked:
"Sweetness I was only joking when I said I'd like to smash every tooth in your head/Sweetness I was only joking when I said by rights you should be blugeoned in your bed/And now I know how Joan of Arc felt/ As the flames rose to her roman nose and her hearing aid started to melt"
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
User avatar
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow
 
Posts: 9155
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:45 am
Location: A Drained Swimming Pool

Postby Seppuku on Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:26 pm

Yeah, I always thought those lyrics from Bigmouth Strikes Again were up there with Morrissey's best. Though anything off the Queen is Dead is gold to me: "I had a really bad dream, it lasted 20 years, 7 months, and 27 days".

Incidentally I just found this Random Smiths Lyrics generator I figured you'd all be interested in...

http://cgi.algonet.se/htbin/cgiwrap?user=inftryck&script=smiths.pl
Dale Tremont Presents...

Image
User avatar
Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION
 
Posts: 7872
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:52 am
Location: Limeyland

Postby TonyWilson on Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:31 pm

seppukudkurosawa wrote:Yeah, I always thought those lyrics from Bigmouth Strikes Again were up there with Morrissey's best. Though anything off the Queen is Dead is gold to me: "I had a really bad dream, it lasted 20 years, 7 months, and 27 days"

Incidentally I just found this Random Smiths Lyrics generator I figured you'd all be interested in...


http://cgi.algonet.se/htbin/cgiwrap?user=inftryck&script=smiths.pl


After looking thorugh that link I'm now rooting around for my old old vinyls I have of Queen Is Dead and Meat Is Murder
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
User avatar
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow
 
Posts: 9155
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:45 am
Location: A Drained Swimming Pool

Postby St. Alphonzo on Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:42 pm

Well I hope that I don't fall in love with you
'Cause falling in love just makes me blue,
Well the music plays and you display
your heart for me to see,
I had a beer and now I hear you
calling out for me
And I hope that I don't fall in love with you.

Well the room is crowded, people everywhere
And I wonder, should I offer you a chair?
Well if you sit down with this old clown,
take that frown and break it,
Before the evening's gone away,
I think that we could make it,
And I hope that I don't fall in love with you.

Well the night does funny things inside a man
These old tom-cat feelings you don't understand,
Well I turn around to look at you,
you light a Smokey Thingie,
I wish I had the guts to bum one,
but we've never met,
And I hope that I don't fall in love with you.

I can see that you are lonesome just like me,
and it being late, you'd like some some company,
Well I turn around to look at you,
and you look back at me,
The guy you're with has up and split,
the chair next to you's free,
And I hope that you don't fall in love with me.

Now it's closing time, the music's fading out
Last call for drinks, I'll have another stout.
Well I turn around to look at you,
you're nowhere to be found,
I search the place for your lost face,
guess I'll have another round
And I think that I just fell in love with you.

"I Hope That I Don't Fall In Love With You" - Tom Waits
Last edited by St. Alphonzo on Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
St. Alphonzo
Patron Saint
 
Posts: 2060
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:20 pm
Location: Stumptown

Postby Cabiria on Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:43 pm

TonyWilson wrote:Billy Bragg AND The Smiths!?!?!

What? Can't a girl have lots of odd favorites? Oo, I forgot The Decemberists The Infanta too:

Here she comes in her palanquin
on the back of an elephant
on a bed made of linen and sequins and silk
all astride on her father's line
with the king and his concubines
and her nurse with her pitchers of liquors and milk
and we'll all come praise the infanta
and we'll all come praise the infanta

And as she sits upon her place
her innocence laid on her face
from all atop the parapets blow a multitude of coronets
melodies rhapsodical and fair
and all our hearts afire
the sky ablaze with cannon fire
we all raise our voices to the air
to the air...

And above all this folderol
on a bed made of chaparral
she is laid, a coronal placed on her brow
and the babe, all in slumber dreams
of a place filled with quiet streams
and the lake where her cradle was pulled from the water
and we'll all come praise the infanta
and we'll all come praise the infanta


I'm a bit of a vocabulary junkie, so this one makes me swoon.

seppkudkurosawa wrote:Incidentally I just found this Random Smiths Lyrics generator I figured you'd all be interested in...

This is wonderful. Thanks!
User avatar
Cabiria
MONKEY BUTLER
 
Posts: 244
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:33 am
Location: Texas

Postby TonyWilson on Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:16 pm

Cabiria wrote:
TonyWilson wrote:Billy Bragg AND The Smiths!?!?!


What? Can't a girl have lots of odd favorites?


Hey yeh, course you can. :D I meant they were 2 cool choices.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
User avatar
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow
 
Posts: 9155
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:45 am
Location: A Drained Swimming Pool

Postby vicious_bastard on Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:32 pm

seppukudkurosawa wrote:Yeah, I always thought those lyrics from Bigmouth Strikes Again were up there with Morrissey's best. Though anything off the Queen is Dead is gold to me: "I had a really bad dream, it lasted 20 years, 7 months, and 27 days".

Incidentally I just found this Random Smiths Lyrics generator I figured you'd all be interested in...

http://cgi.algonet.se/htbin/cgiwrap?user=inftryck&script=smiths.pl


Damn, I'm all depressed now. Thanks a lot.
User avatar
vicious_bastard
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 2215
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:43 pm
Location: London

Postby Seppuku on Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:36 pm

vicious_bastard wrote:
seppukudkurosa wa wrote:Yeah, I always thought those lyrics from Bigmouth Strikes Again were up there with Morrissey's best. Though anything off the Queen is Dead is gold to me: "I had a really bad dream, it lasted 20 years, 7 months, and 27 days".

Incidentally I just found this Random Smiths Lyrics generator I figured you'd all be interested in...

http://cgi.algonet.se/htbin/cgiwrap?user=inftryck&script=smiths.pl


Damn, I'm all depressed now. Thanks a lot.


Hey, don't blame me, blame the guy who likes to gallivant about in the priest get-up.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Image
User avatar
Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION
 
Posts: 7872
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:52 am
Location: Limeyland

Postby Eric G on Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:40 pm

Favourite lyrics highlighted

TOOL - Eulogy Lyrics
He had alot to say.
He had alot of nothing to say.
We'll miss him.

So long.
We wish you well.
You told us how you weren't afraid to die.
Well then, so long.
Don't cry.
Or feel too down.
Not all martyrs see divinity.
But at least you tried.

Standing above the crowd,
He had a voice that was strong and loud.
We'll miss him.
Ranting and pointing his finger
At everything but his heart.
We'll miss him.

No way to recall
What it was that you had said to me,
Like I care at all.

So loud.
You sure could yell.
You took a stand on every little thing
And so loud.

Standing above the crowd,
He had a voice so strong and loud and I
Swallowed his facade cuz I'm so
Eager to identify with
Someone above the ground,
Someone who seemed to feel the same,
Someone prepared to lead the way, with
Someone who would die for me.

Will you? Will you now?
Would you die for me?
Don't you f**kin lie.

Don't you step out of line.
Don't you f**kin lie.

You've claimed all this time that you would die for me.
Why then are you so surprised to hear your own eulogy?

You had alot to say.
You had alot of nothing to say.

Come down.
Get off your f**kin cross.
We need the f**kin space to nail the next fool martyr.


To ascend you must die.
You must be crucified
For your sins and your lies. [sic]
Goodbye...
Image
User avatar
Eric G
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 1424
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:28 pm
Location: Inconclusive

Postby Eric G on Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:51 pm

No wait......I answered that too quickly. While I love the above mentioned lyrics; the song below and the song in general is mouth watering.....

Artist: Cradle Of Filth
Song Title: Queen Of Winter, Throned

Even a man who is pure in heart
And speaks in prayer by night
May become a wolf when the wolf's bane blooms
And the winter moon is bright

Ah, Listen to them
The children of the night
What sweet music they make

Iniquitous
I share Carmilla's masque
A gaunt mephitic voyeur
On the black side of the glass
Peering through the mirror
Deep dark and ominous
Consorting themes, demons I weave
Subservience from thee to lust

I am Corinthian light
A snake in flowers by night
The last temptation of Christ
Evil in mortal

Disguise the guilt
Sharp-eyed, impassive whore
Burn the asafoetida
And rank petriachor
Lure me panthered Faustia
With gentleman and veiled womb
To prowl thy inner sanctum walls
In Tirgoviste to resume
Control
Control
Control

Seduction, my obsessive art
A pantheon of tragedies inscribed upon the stars
Like thistled ruin, garbed around thy heart
Bacchanal Cinderella, desirious midnight passed
Leaving thee as sacrifice asleep within my arms
Midst dreams of robed redemption versed in sexual aftermath
When we ebb as tides together, carnal souls entwined
And orgasms expire, come puppet wires and the blind
Purge

Fires work in me
A lithe supremacy
I tear asunder heaven as I would all enemies
Impaler Lord
Flesh upon the sword
My lower lusts are sated
The greater herald war

I am thirst, spearheaded hunger
Sacrament and pain
Nails raked in savagery
When the cruel Countessa came

Exalt
The Queen of death-white winter enthroned
Evil resplendent, in dusk red seething skies
Foam-flecked nightmares drag a moon
Of Draconian design

A love that never dies
Nefarious as her winds
Stirring silhouettes to rise
When stars fall pale
And to drown back in her eyes
Is to madden ghosts within
To unhinge a thousand sins
From Death's dark vale

Blessed be these spells of winter
Unto us that wait with patience in
This secret garden
To storm our way into another
As yet undone

(Surge)

Desert claims Eden
And Hyperborean
Visions of Utopia are driven from the sun
Iconoclast
Before thee angels clasped
In nakedness their ochre flesh
Shall yield to thy advance

She is all to me
Mysterious, alive
The howling in the deep woods
When cold festal stars aligned

Exalt
The Queen of death-white winter enthroned
Evil resplendent, in dusk red seething skies
Foam-flecked nightmares drag a moon
Of Draconian design

A love that never dies
Nefarious as her winds
Stirring silhouettes to rise
When stars fall pale
And to drown back in her eyes
Is to madden ghosts within
To unhinge a thousand sins
From Death's dark vale

A lurid moon looms; phosphorent, evil
Yesod vested in despotic upheaval
Silvering wolves that scarlet forest snow
Forgotten ones enter as above, so below

The trees groan aghast as ghostly pallored clouds are rent
When the drunken earth heaves, sweep aside seas to ascend
From Sheol's dank haunted wilderness
Thy seal upon Nuit's starry vault to incense the sleepers dead

Queen of Winter, throned
The murderess lurked in vulgar caresses
Vestal masturbation
(Purity) Overthrown

Darkness
In raven feathered dress
Sides with Death at chess
Their pawns are many and the enemy powerless
When the miscreants fell dead
She took to conjuring spells in the cusp of the night
And the bestial floor shook with terrible life
I rise before thee Queen
To feed our lusts on the blood of the weak
To rule heaven and worlds crawling beneath
Satanic Tyranny
Image
User avatar
Eric G
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 1424
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:28 pm
Location: Inconclusive

Postby Cabiria on Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:23 pm

Eric G wrote:No wait......I answered that too quickly. While I love the above mentioned lyrics; the song below and the song in general is mouth watering.....

Artist: Cradle Of Filth
Song Title: Queen Of Winter, Throned

Even a man who is pure in heart
And speaks in prayer by night
May become a wolf when the wolf's bane blooms
And the winter moon is bright

Ah, Listen to them
The children of the night
What sweet music they make

Iniquitous
I share Carmilla's masque
A gaunt mephitic voyeur
On the black side of the glass
Peering through the mirror
Deep dark and ominous
Consorting themes, demons I weave
Subservience from thee to lust

I am Corinthian light
A snake in flowers by night
The last temptation of Christ
Evil in mortal

Disguise the guilt
Sharp-eyed, impassive whore
Burn the asafoetida
And rank petriachor
Lure me panthered Faustia
With gentleman and veiled womb
To prowl thy inner sanctum walls
In Tirgoviste to resume
Control
Control
Control

Seduction, my obsessive art
A pantheon of tragedies inscribed upon the stars
Like thistled ruin, garbed around thy heart
Bacchanal Cinderella, desirious midnight passed
Leaving thee as sacrifice asleep within my arms
Midst dreams of robed redemption versed in sexual aftermath
When we ebb as tides together, carnal souls entwined
And orgasms expire, come puppet wires and the blind
Purge

Fires work in me
A lithe supremacy
I tear asunder heaven as I would all enemies
Impaler Lord
Flesh upon the sword
My lower lusts are sated
The greater herald war

I am thirst, spearheaded hunger
Sacrament and pain
Nails raked in savagery
When the cruel Countessa came

Exalt
The Queen of death-white winter enthroned
Evil resplendent, in dusk red seething skies
Foam-flecked nightmares drag a moon
Of Draconian design

A love that never dies
Nefarious as her winds
Stirring silhouettes to rise
When stars fall pale
And to drown back in her eyes
Is to madden ghosts within
To unhinge a thousand sins
From Death's dark vale

Blessed be these spells of winter
Unto us that wait with patience in
This secret garden
To storm our way into another
As yet undone

(Surge)

Desert claims Eden
And Hyperborean
Visions of Utopia are driven from the sun
Iconoclast
Before thee angels clasped
In nakedness their ochre flesh
Shall yield to thy advance

She is all to me
Mysterious, alive
The howling in the deep woods
When cold festal stars aligned

Exalt
The Queen of death-white winter enthroned
Evil resplendent, in dusk red seething skies
Foam-flecked nightmares drag a moon
Of Draconian design

A love that never dies
Nefarious as her winds
Stirring silhouettes to rise
When stars fall pale
And to drown back in her eyes
Is to madden ghosts within
To unhinge a thousand sins
From Death's dark vale

A lurid moon looms; phosphorent, evil
Yesod vested in despotic upheaval
Silvering wolves that scarlet forest snow
Forgotten ones enter as above, so below

The trees groan aghast as ghostly pallored clouds are rent
When the drunken earth heaves, sweep aside seas to ascend
From Sheol's dank haunted wilderness
Thy seal upon Nuit's starry vault to incense the sleepers dead

Queen of Winter, throned
The murderess lurked in vulgar caresses
Vestal masturbation
(Purity) Overthrown

Darkness
In raven feathered dress
Sides with Death at chess
Their pawns are many and the enemy powerless
When the miscreants fell dead
She took to conjuring spells in the cusp of the night
And the bestial floor shook with terrible life
I rise before thee Queen
To feed our lusts on the blood of the weak
To rule heaven and worlds crawling beneath
Satanic Tyranny


I swear the Backstreet Boys covered this on their last album. Or was it N'Sync?

(these lyrics scare me, but are really cool)
User avatar
Cabiria
MONKEY BUTLER
 
Posts: 244
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:33 am
Location: Texas

Postby Eric G on Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:27 pm

I think it may have been Atomic Kitten Cabiria. ;)
Image
User avatar
Eric G
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 1424
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:28 pm
Location: Inconclusive

Postby Brocktune on Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:32 pm

Cabiria wrote:I'm a bit of a vocabulary junkie, so this one makes me swoon.



ever listen to they might be giants?
if perspicacity makes you swoon, you'd probably faint dead away listening to the lyrical masterpieces of john linnell.
Image
User avatar
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 6490
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:32 pm
Location: Pico & Sepulveda

Postby Cabiria on Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:55 pm

Brocktune wrote:ever listen to they might be giants?


Ever listen to...?? Ha! If you only knew! :lol: Quite possibly my favorite band. Good call, sir!

Now it's over, I'm dead, and I haven't
Done anything that I want
Or, I'm still alive and there's nothing I want to do
User avatar
Cabiria
MONKEY BUTLER
 
Posts: 244
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:33 am
Location: Texas

Next

Return to Music

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests