Forgotten Treasures

Sigur Ros is the greatest living band. Discuss.

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:54 pm

keepcoolbutcare wrote:Oh man, thank you. This is too much fun.

"solitary company"- um, some alone time?

"Sure as kilimanjaro rises like olympus above the serengeti"- BWAHAHA!!!

Oh man, I'm glad this got bumped - and I can't believe that I missed your reponse, KCBC - way back in August, too - I feel suitably stupid.

That Kilimanjaro line cracks me and my friend up EVERY SINGLE TIME. My mate has even taken to raising his arms above his head in a kind of mystical pose whenever that line is sung. Dude you should look for the live version - you can hear the crowd going apeshit when they start playing Africa - that must be the main tune which the fans are waiting for when they go to a Toto concert. Seriously, look for it if you get a chance (not that I'm advocating illegal downloading) - you will piss yourself. And that other line - "solitary company"? Man they must have been smashed when they wrote that tune - but the bassline is so good, you just can't help but love it......
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tfactor on Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:23 pm

I just wanted to add I love this thread and much of the treats held within. I was driving to Blockbuster a while ago and heard the previously mentioned Primitive Radio God song on the radio so I decided to share and sure enough there was this thread of "forgotten treasures"

Anyway I enjoyed pretty much all the contributions made here, that's all. You've all given me much to download.

Thanks,
T
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Previous

Return to Music