WHICH BAND SUCKS THE WORST?

Sigur Ros is the greatest living band. Discuss.

which band sucks the worst

Green Day
10%
Fall Out Boy
13%
Smashing Pumpkins
2%
Panic!At The Disco
5%
Nickelback
42%
Avenged Sevenfold
5%
System Of A Down
7%
Other (Please Specify)
17%

Total votes : 84

WHICH BAND SUCKS THE WORST?

Postby SilentDeath on Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:10 pm

I am always frequently asked what band sucks and which rocks so now Im asking you what bands sucks :twisted:
SilentDeath
GLIB

Postby havocSchultz on Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:11 pm

alexisonfire..
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby El Scorcho on Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:13 pm

Green Day can go fuck themselves. And besides parts of "Silver Side Up," Nickelback is awful.
El Scorcho
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby MasterWhedon on Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:14 pm

I added an "Other" category because a topic like this needs one.

I'm for Good Charlotte. Crap, crap, double crap.

Although, it was mighty close between them and Nickleack.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Ribbons on Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:17 pm

Out of that list I'd probably have to say Nickelback. I didn't realize people hated Green Day.
Last edited by Ribbons on Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Seppuku on Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:18 pm

Damn you SilentDeath, this is very un-Zone like. Here in the Zone we like to love all things, even that which sucks the big one. So the real title of this thread should be, "Which Band do You Love the Least?" We take our philosophy from the Quakers.

Also, like I'd say to a "World's Worst Film EVER!" poll, the worst band is four guys you've never heard of who've not yet advanced beyond the wacking your instruments against the wall of your mum's garage phase. Trust me, for I know this to be true. And the worst film is some DV piece of shit two college kids put together, it's probably a take on every snuff film that's ever entered their radar...it features a bald guy with tourette's shooting the camera with a shotgun right before he supposedly kills himself. Again, trust me, for I know this to be true.
Last edited by Seppuku on Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby Seppuku on Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:19 pm

(Plus any terrible HXCORE band. The reason why there are mosh-pits at Hardcore gigs is because people would rather kick each other in the face than listen to the "music" playing).
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby docfalken on Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:19 pm

I'm with you MasterWhedon.

Good Charlotte blows loads indeed. Even the Nelson twins had more talent that these "MADE" fuckers.

I'm also going to add Suger Ray. The best thing about Mark McGrath being on Access Hollywood is that he's slowly giving up the idea that he's a musician. I pride myself with being able to live a Sugar Ray free lifestyle.
docfalken
HAGGIS?!?!!?!!?!

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:22 pm

docfalken wrote:I'm also going to add Suger Ray. The best thing about Mark McGrath being on Access Hollywood is that he's slowly giving up the idea that he's a musician. I pride myself with being able to live a Sugar Ray free lifestyle.

thank you! I was in college when those fuckers hit, all my friends had the CD, I couldn't get away from it. I need new friends.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby Neo Zeed on Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:22 pm

I voteed Nickelback. Their songs are the epitomy of cheese. That lead singer shouts every friggin note and that video he did for the Spiderman soundtrack was the corniest thing I've ever seen....

Also....why are the Smashing Pumpkins up there with the rest of those fools. They are easily one of the best rock bands ever...
Neo Zeed
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby MasterWhedon on Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:23 pm

docfalken wrote:I'm also going to add Suger Ray. The best thing about Mark McGrath being on Access Hollywood is that he's slowly giving up the idea that he's a musician. I pride myself with being able to live a Sugar Ray free lifestyle.

Best part about McGrath on Extra is that he's AWFUL at it! The man can't read a teleprompter and sound natural to save his life. He makes me love Ryan Seacrest all the more. Umm, I mean...

Also, on the Good Charlotte front, I never really paid them much attention until they did an interview on CNN. During the spot, they mentioned that "a fan came up to us and was like, y'know, you guys are like The Beatles to my generation. And, y'know, what higher compliment is there?"

I wanted to bash my forehead into the screen at the fucking arrogance.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Tubbs Tattsyrup on Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:24 pm

Green Day suck ass. The thing is, they're just - not offensively bad (well, not all the time anyway), but offensively unoriginal, egotistical and overrated. worst thing about them is their fans...I heard one person say "the best thing about Green Day is that they're so original" - fuck her. Any band that tries to sell the same stuff for 15 years (which also sounds exactly like every other pop-punk band out there) and pass it off as original music can go fuck themselves. What's more, their recent attempt at being "political" was one of the most cynical attempts at boosting sales I've ever seen. Oh, did anyone hear the mashup of Blvd of Broken Dreams and Oasis' Wonderwall? They're practically exactly the same fucking song.

Creed should be on that list, though.
And Linkin Park too.

But Smashing Pumpkins? How are they even close to being one of the worst bands ever? Jesus.
Last edited by Tubbs Tattsyrup on Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
On YouTube or Vimeo.
Tubbs Tattsyrup
GRANDO CARLISSIAN

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:24 pm

Neo Zeed wrote:
Also....why are the Smashing Pumpkins up there with the rest of those fools. They are easily one of the best rock bands ever...

My thoughts exactly. Billy's a Struggling Background Artist, there's no getting around it, but the Pumpkins were great in their day.
Lord Voldemoo

Postby SilentDeath on Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:26 pm

there were a lot of other bands that SUCKED but I didnt want to waste anyone's time
good charlotte is another sucky band too
where are the awesome bands?
did they all die in the 80's ?
i think the world needs some good music to listen to not a load of trash wannabe rock/etc but i admire them for knowing how to play an instrument and/or writing their songs cuz i know i cant play an instrument or sing or even write a song to save my life :shock:
SilentDeath
GLIB

Postby MasterWhedon on Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:26 pm

Say what you want about Green Day, there's still some kickass stuff on American Idiot.

And as much as I hate Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit, I'm not gonna lie that they have two or three songs each that I really did.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby MadCapsule on Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:27 pm

Dave Matthews Band should be on the list as well.
MadCapsule
SUSAN CAGLE

Postby MasterWhedon on Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:28 pm

MadCapsule wrote:Dave Matthews Band should be on the list as well.

And now you're dead.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby SilentDeath on Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:29 pm

also if i offended anyone by mentioning an adored band sorry
i couldnt think of any suckier bands
i wonder why i put soad up there....* ? *
SilentDeath
GLIB

Postby Brocktune on Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:29 pm

COLDPLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that being said, i also pretty much loathe every other band on the poll, and could probably come up with a million more, but those ripoff artists coldplay were the first name to jump to mind upon reading the title of this thread.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Seppuku on Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:30 pm

SilentDeath wrote:also if i offended anyone by mentioning an adored band sorry
i couldnt think of any suckier bands
i wonder why i put soad up there....* ? *

So I could vote for them, silly.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby Bob Samonkey on Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:31 pm

So are you guys saying you like those girl and boy bands? All that is up there is pop-punk and others alternative. What up?

I do understand about Kirk and his infatuation with that girl band, but that is for a differant reason.
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:32 pm

I saw coldplay in concert for the first time last week. For most people CP is love them or hate them thing, but until the show I was kinda, meh. They put on a GREAT show. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I had a great time. Live shows let you know whether the band is made up of musicians or "studio artists", Coldplay is made up of musicians. I know they sold out, and I know they aren't the most original thing out there, but I simply like their music, particularly now that I've seen them live.

commence the hate.
Lord Voldemoo

Postby MadCapsule on Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:34 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:

And now you're dead.

:lol: Sorry!
MadCapsule
SUSAN CAGLE

Postby Brocktune on Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:34 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:I know they aren't the most original thing out there

listen to the song "computer love" by Kraftwerk off of their album "The Mix". then, immediately afterwards, listen to "Talk" by coldplay.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby SilentDeath on Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:35 pm

. . .
SilentDeath
GLIB

Postby MasterWhedon on Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:35 pm

I'm with you, Moo.

Brock, looks like you can chalk this up with right alongside Spider-Man 2 in the "You're batshit crazy" category.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby SilentDeath on Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:36 pm

alrighty then..what bands do u ppl like? besides the ones mentioned...A7X isnt too bad tho
SilentDeath
GLIB

Postby Brocktune on Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:39 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:I'm with you, Moo.

Brock, looks like you can chalk this up with right alongside Spider-Man 2 in the "You're batshit crazy" category.

its this damn eccentric lifestyle i lead. you know, solitude can be a good thing... in moderation.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MasterWhedon on Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:39 pm

SilentDeath wrote:alrighty then..what bands do u ppl like? besides the ones mentioned...A7X isnt too bad tho

Shane's got a thread up on this HERE. Put your thoughts over there. Keep this one about the spirited hate debate.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Shane on Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:40 pm

Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:So are you guys saying you like those girl and boy bands? All that is up there is pop-punk and others alternative. What up?

I do understand about Kirk and his infatuation with that girl band, but that is for a differant reason.

|I thought the list was all boy bands.
Shane
AIRWOLF

Postby Kilgore on Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:42 pm

seppukudkurosawa wrote:Also, like I'd say to a "World's Worst Film EVER!" poll, the worst band is four guys you've never heard of who've not yet advanced beyond the wacking your instruments against the wall of your mum's garage phase.

Sepp, I humbly choose to disagree, though I will note it is entirely possible that you've never heard REO Speedwagon.

'Essential' is used quite loosely, I assume.

Next to these late-seventies/early eighties gems, ALL the bands listed in the poll could be considered 'The next Beatles'. Really, those of you rooted in the last decade and a half of music listening really missed out on what 'suck' bands were really all about...and don't get me started on who wins the slapfight: Styx or Glass Tiger.
Kilgore
AIRWOLF

Postby TonyWilson on Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:43 pm

You know what? EMO fucking sucks, wit the exception of Weezer (they get away with it because Cuomo mamnages to inject ironic knowing playfulness into his own lyrics whereas all others go down that "earnest" route which I can't fucking stand)
Pretty much ALL modern british indie rock sucks too, and the majority of pop music not to mention 90% of all r'n'b and most MTV endorsed Hip-Hop.

BUT

There's SOOOO much fucking beautiful stuff out there that ALL the suckyness in the world pales shamefully in comparison. Just look beyond the MTV inspired mainstream and you will find the most affecting progressive heartfilet stuff there has ever been.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby MadCapsule on Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:46 pm

Never even heard of Glass Tiger.

edit: Just checked out their website. Quite the masters of the permed mullet, they were!
MadCapsule
SUSAN CAGLE

Postby burlivesleftnut on Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:53 pm

Does anyone else think he sounds like Kermit the frog?

I voted system of the down because they make me sick. But everyone's fave band My Chemical Romance should be on this list because that's some bland corporate shit, you losers.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Seppuku on Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:06 pm

Kilgore wrote:
seppukudkurosawa wrote:Also, like I'd say to a "World's Worst Film EVER!" poll, the worst band is four guys you've never heard of who've not yet advanced beyond the wacking your instruments against the wall of your mum's garage phase.

Sepp, I humbly choose to disagree, though I will note it is entirely possible that you've never heard REO Speedwagon.

'Essential' is used quite loosely, I assume.

"Touch me. Touch me. I wanna feel your body"

Touchè. You've got a point there...I put REO Speedwagon in that little bucket reserved for next year's stadium rock-burnathon (it's kind of like our own little ode to Hitler's book-burning thing), alongside such brilliant acts like Foreigner, Journey and *shudder* Air Supply.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby MadCapsule on Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:08 pm

Add Warrant and Jackal.
MadCapsule
SUSAN CAGLE

Postby Shane on Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:13 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:

Does anyone else think he sounds like Kermit the frog?

I voted system of the down because they make me sick. But everyone's fave band My Chemical Romance should be on this list because that's some bland corporate shit, you losers.

Only if kermit's voice made me shrivel in fear and disgust.
Shane
AIRWOLF

Postby Shane on Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:15 pm

I can't choose all those bands are on the shitty ass bands a 12yr old girl gets off to music list.
Shane
AIRWOLF

Postby docfalken on Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:17 pm

I can't walk away from a Samantha Fox reference. Naughty girls need love. Too.

What were we talking about again?
docfalken
HAGGIS?!?!!?!!?!

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:19 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:But everyone's fave band My Chemical Romance should be on this list because that's some bland corporate shit, you losers.

I like them, but then I'm a corporate lawyer so it all works out...
Lord Voldemoo

Postby MadCapsule on Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:20 pm

I had completely forgotten about Samantha Fox! I was a big fan of that rack of hers back in the day.
MadCapsule
SUSAN CAGLE

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:44 pm

God, you know, there are so many bands that suck today, it would be much easier for me to choose bands that don't suck. I think there are one or two of them.

The only indie-to-mainstreamish crossover groups out there today I like are The White Stripes and Yeah Yeah Yeahs. All the other ones blow hot chunks. IMHO.

Everything else I like is either olde, or real indie indie; undergroundish indie. Obscurist music snob stuff. (I know, I'm a jerk.)

BTW, the best band you never heard in your life is Need New Body.
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby barriwhite on Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:11 pm

Can you say SIMPLE PLAN !?
[FEEL][THE][FUNK][BLAST]
barriwhite
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby burlivesleftnut on Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:24 pm

ZombieZoneSolutions wrote:The only indie-to-mainstreamish crossover groups out there today I like are The White Stripes and Yeah Yeah Yeahs. All the other ones blow hot chunks. IMHO.

So are people ever going to admit that the drummer girl in White Stripes SUCKS? Jack White? Talented fucker, but his ex--or whoever she is--god she just stinks!
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:29 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:
ZombieZoneSolutions wrote:The only indie-to-mainstreamish crossover groups out there today I like are The White Stripes and Yeah Yeah Yeahs. All the other ones blow hot chunks. IMHO.

So are people ever going to admit that the drummer girl in White Stripes SUCKS? Jack White? Talented fucker, but his ex--or whoever she is--god she just stinks!

I think everyone is pretty much in agreement that she sucks. I haven't met anyone who has defended her lack of talent. Jack White is great though! Seriously, I think he's a great songwriter.

In a weird way, I find something touching about the fact that he won't kick her out and get a real drummer.
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby burlivesleftnut on Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:31 pm

ZombieZoneSolutions wrote:
burlivesleftnut wrote:

I think everyone is pretty much in agreement that she sucks. I haven't met anyone who has defended her lack of talent. Jack White is great though! Seriously, I think he's a great songwriter.

In a weird way, I find something touching about the fact that he won't kick her out and get a real drummer.

Okay I am glad I am not alone. But because of her I can't listen to their music without giggling. So fuck the White Stripes.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Brocktune on Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:36 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:
burlivesleftnut wrote:

Okay I am glad I am not alone. But because of her I can't listen to their music without giggling. So fuck the White Stripes.

i couldnt agree more. a lot of people close to my band try to get me into the stripes all the time. but i just can not get past her infantile attempts at "drumming"
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Bob Samonkey on Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:37 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:
burlivesleftnut wrote:

Yeah the drummer from Def Leapord could kick her ass!
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Brocktune on Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:37 pm

barriwhite wrote:Can you say SIMPLE PLAN !?

enthusiastically seconded
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby barriwhite on Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:43 pm

I know Meg White's drumming is quite bland, but I saw them live on their last tour, and she does way more stuff than on the records. Piano, other percussions, drums, sometimes more than one instrument at once.

They may only be two, but their sound sure can fill out the Bell Center, man that guy rocks hard, harder than I ever thought.
[FEEL][THE][FUNK][BLAST]
barriwhite
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Next

Return to Music