WHICH BAND SUCKS THE WORST?

Sigur Ros is the greatest living band. Discuss.

which band sucks the worst

Green Day
10%
Fall Out Boy
13%
Smashing Pumpkins
2%
Panic!At The Disco
5%
Nickelback
42%
Avenged Sevenfold
5%
System Of A Down
7%
Other (Please Specify)
17%

Total votes : 84

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:46 pm

Brocktune wrote:
burlivesleftnut wrote:
ZombieZoneSolutions wrote:
burlivesleftnut wrote:
ZombieZoneSolutions wrote:The only indie-to-mainstreamish crossover groups out there today I like are The White Stripes and Yeah Yeah Yeahs. All the other ones blow hot chunks. IMHO.

So are people ever going to admit that the drummer girl in White Stripes SUCKS? Jack White? Talented fucker, but his ex--or whoever she is--god she just stinks!

I think everyone is pretty much in agreement that she sucks. I haven't met anyone who has defended her lack of talent. Jack White is great though! Seriously, I think he's a great songwriter.

In a weird way, I find something touching about the fact that he won't kick her out and get a real drummer.

Okay I am glad I am not alone. But because of her I can't listen to their music without giggling. So fuck the White Stripes.

i couldnt agree more. a lot of people close to my band try to get me into the stripes all the time. but i just can not get past her infantile attempts at "drumming"

I hear what y'all saying, but it really doesn't bother me at all. I mean, I recognize that she's terrible, but it doesn't bug me.

I think I get more out of the "amatuer with heart" thing than the "technical wizard" thing.
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby barriwhite on Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:46 pm

Back to the topic: Pussycat Dolls
[FEEL][THE][FUNK][BLAST]
barriwhite
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:50 pm

barriwhite wrote:Back to the topic: Pussycat Dolls

They suck, but they're TOTALLY HOT. That song cracks me up too. I actaully like the goofy disposable high energy dance music more than the whole mainstream Emo and/or Emo-metal crap. Or the 6 or 7 thousand Gang of Four retro clone bands.

At least the the Pussycat Dolls don't pretend they're not cheesy n' sleezy.
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby Ribbons on Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:03 pm

Jeez. I'm afraid to talk about music I like now.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby burlivesleftnut on Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:06 pm

Don't be afraid Ribbons. I like Amy Grant! Nothing can be lower than that!
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Ribbons on Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:09 pm

Not even.... My Chemical Romance? Bun dunh dunh!!!!
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:17 pm

Hey, don't feel bad, I like Gwen Stefani. That's pretty bad. I must've played that Hollaback Girl song like 80 bazillion times. Much to the chagrin of my friends. And neighbors.
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby Brocktune on Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:20 pm

ZombieZoneSolutions wrote:Hey, don't feel bad, I like Gwen Stefani. That's pretty bad. I must've played that Hollaback Girl song like 80 bazillion times. Much to the chagrin of my friends. And neighbors.

me too
only it was the video, not just the song
and i think i can blame the chagrin of my friends and neighbors on the fact that i like to masturbate in front of a large bay window with no curtains.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby King Psyz on Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:24 pm

I'll just say the whole psuedo-emo/indie movement, as in bowel movement.

psuedo emo = let's take punk's fashion, misfits' makeup kit, weezer's introspective irony, fugazi's quiet energy, and whatever else we decide to staple on and have our very own pop culture frankenstien's monster.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby King Psyz on Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:39 pm

I see your point, and I think I really sumarized my hatred for this non-genre. I don't see anything wrong with an element from a successful older band that no doubt influenced a lot of other bands.

My issue is that nothing new is brought to the table, it's just a big reheated rehash of earlier trends. It really is a pop-culture frankenstien. The fact they use the name emo in and of itself is insulting to me. Fugazi is Emo, Weezer is Emo, you get the idea. What we have now that calls itself emo is so far removed I don't know who thought they should call their mtv pop punk emo, but they should be punched in the throat.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:42 pm

OK, I went with Nickelback but I've got a few write-in votes too...

Creed - worst band in the history of mankind, easily
Modest Mouse
Bright Eyes
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby King Psyz on Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:45 pm

I could see maybe someone not digging the new stuff but there's a lot of great modest mouse music out there.

Now if you wanna talk overhyped, I could see that along with the same for Radiohead.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:46 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:I'm for Good Charlotte. Crap, crap, double crap.

Good Charlotte = 2nd worst band in the history of mankind
In case they haven't been mentioned yet, Dave Matthews Band also blows.
And if anyone remembers that band SR-71, well, they suck too.

I am so depressed that I live in the vicinity of the cities that spawned these three bands, and on behalf of the entire Baltimore-Washington area, I apologize for their fetid music.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby buster00 on Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:46 pm

Golly, that Nickelback suuuurrre is suckin'.

Yes sir.

Good thing Creed ain't here to suck even worse.

Cuz GOD DAMN.
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:47 pm

I know it's controversial, we can all agree Creed is teh suk, but Modest Mouse has a lot of fans, and for the life of me I can't figure out why. I really can't stand that guy's voice.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby buster00 on Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:52 pm

They aren't even a BAND. That's like saying, "a buncha Victoria's Secret models are the worst band ever."
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Shane on Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:54 pm

TheBaxter wrote:OK, I went with Nickelback but I've got a few write-in votes too...

Creed - worst band in the history of mankind, easily
Modest Mouse
Bright Eyes

I second that

ZombieZoneSolutions wrote:Hey, don't feel bad, I like Gwen Stefani. That's pretty bad. I must've played that Hollaback Girl song like 80 bazillion times. Much to the chagrin of my friends. And neighbors.

I'm ashamed of you.
Shane
AIRWOLF

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:55 pm

Brocktune wrote:
burlivesleftnut wrote:
burlivesleftnut wrote:
ZombieZoneSolutions wrote:The only indie-to-mainstreamish crossover groups out there today I like are The White Stripes and Yeah Yeah Yeahs. All the other ones blow hot chunks. IMHO.

So are people ever going to admit that the drummer girl in White Stripes SUCKS? Jack White? Talented fucker, but his ex--or whoever she is--god she just stinks!

I think everyone is pretty much in agreement that she sucks. I haven't met anyone who has defended her lack of talent. Jack White is great though! Seriously, I think he's a great songwriter.

In a weird way, I find something touching about the fact that he won't kick her out and get a real drummer.

Okay I am glad I am not alone. But because of her I can't listen to their music without giggling. So fuck the White Stripes.

i couldnt agree more. a lot of people close to my band try to get me into the stripes all the time. but i just can not get past her infantile attempts at "drumming"

I hear what y'all saying, but it really doesn't bother me at all. I mean, I recognize that she's terrible, but it doesn't bug me.

I think I get more out of the "amatuer with heart" thing than the "technical wizard" thing.

i saw the white stripes open up for sleater-kinney several years ago, before they got famous, and i remember all i could think while they were playing was "man, that drummer SUCKS! but she's kinda cute..."
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby King Psyz on Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:57 pm

what about all the shit dance music from the early 90's;

snap!, c&c music factory, et al
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby Ribbons on Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:59 pm

The White Stripes actually did an interview with Rolling Stone and Jack White defended Meg, saying that the band wouldn't be as good without her for a lot of technical reasons. I don't know whether or not it made all that much sense, but it might be an interesting read if you have an opinion at all on the matter. I'll try to find a link, or maybe just pull a quote.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby The Garbage Man on Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:59 pm

They suck, but they're TOTALLY HOT.

Really? I tend to think most of them look like transexuals, but then again I was once attracted to the Spice Girls, so... :oops:

barriwhite wrote:Can you say SIMPLE PLAN !?

A few weeks ago one of my friends criticized someone else for liking Good Charlotte while he himself was listening to that whiny-ass Simple Plan song for the eighth time in a row. I just laughed.

Then I kicked him in the balls for being such a hypocrite. Everyone knows Simple Plan=Good Charlotte.
The Garbage Man
AIRWOLF

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:03 am

Ribbons wrote:The White Stripes actually did an interview with Rolling Stone and Jack White defended Meg, saying that the band wouldn't be as good without her for a lot of technical reasons. I don't know whether or not it made all that much sense, but it might be an interesting read if you have an opinion at all on the matter. I'll try to find a link, or maybe just pull a quote.

if it has naked pictures of meg white, i'd be interested
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby burlivesleftnut on Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:04 am

King Psyz wrote:I could see maybe someone not digging the new stuff but there's a lot of great modest mouse music out there.

Now if you wanna talk overhyped, I could see that along with the same for Radiohead.

There's another band that I fucking hate. Egad. In true trollish fashion I call them Radiolame. Sorry.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Ribbons on Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:05 am

Here it is:

Some journalist at Rolling Stone -- quoting Jack White wrote:No. I never thought, "God, I wish Neil Peart was in this band." It's kind of funny: When people critique hip-hop, they're scared to open up, for fear of being called racist. But they're not scared to open up on female musicians, out of pure sexism.

Meg is the best part of this band. It never would have worked with anybody else, because it would have been too complicated. When she started to play drums with me, just on a lark, it felt liberating and refreshing. There was something in it that opened me up. It was my doorway to playing the blues, without anyone over my shoulder going, "Oh, white-boy blues, white-boy bar band." I could really get down to something.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby King Psyz on Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:06 am

burlivesleftnut wrote:
King Psyz wrote:I could see maybe someone not digging the new stuff but there's a lot of great modest mouse music out there.

There's another band that I fucking hate. Egad. In true trollish fashion I call them Radiolame. Sorry.

Don't appologize, they suck in my opinion. But I know a lot of people think they're amazing... go figure.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:08 am

Ribbons wrote:Here it is:

Some journalist at Rolling Stone -- quoting Jack White wrote:No. I never thought, "God, I wish Neil Peart was in this band." It's kind of funny: When people critique hip-hop, they're scared to open up, for fear of being called racist. But they're not scared to open up on female musicians, out of pure sexism.

Meg is the best part of this band. It never would have worked with anybody else, because it would have been too complicated. When she started to play drums with me, just on a lark, it felt liberating and refreshing. There was something in it that opened me up. It was my doorway to playing the blues, without anyone over my shoulder going, "Oh, white-boy blues, white-boy bar band." I could really get down to something.

I like lots of female drummers, like the chick with an afro who played for Lenny Kravitz. I even played in a band with a female drummer. So my criticism of her is definitely not sexist. Now, if only she'd pose for some naked pictures somewhere, maybe i'd like her better.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:09 am

i'll have no more Meg White bashing in MY music forum, thank you very much.

fuck, I've got a POSTER of her right above my computer!

so die, evil sexists...she can carry a beat, which is all Jack needs.
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:10 am

keepcoolbutcare wrote:i'll have no more Meg White bashing in MY music forum, thank you very much.

is it a naked poster?
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby King Psyz on Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:10 am

Ribbons wrote:King Psyz, I see you've updated your avatar to go with your rank. Nice.

it was a moral imperative, had to be done.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:16 am

TheBaxter wrote:is it a naked poster?

no ya perv!

It was a freebie from the Filmore, some artist drew her...kept the red and white theme...she's in pig tails tho! Cute, beady 'lil eyes staring at me with such delightful insouciance...what's that Meg? Ban them all? We'll see baby...
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Brocktune on Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:19 am

TheBaxter wrote:I know it's controversial, we can all agree Creed is teh suk, but Modest Mouse has a lot of fans, and for the life of me I can't figure out why. I really can't stand that guy's voice.

dont feel bad
i cant fucking stand modest mouse either.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:20 am

DIE...ALL OF YOU!!!
Last edited by Keepcoolbutcare on Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Brocktune on Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:20 am

keepcoolbutcare wrote:she can carry a beat,

that sir, is debateable.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:23 am

what's that Meg?

but I like Brocktune!

all right mistress, I shall relay the message.

Meg says you're just jealous of her fame, beauty and buttless chaps.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Brocktune on Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:32 am

busted

its a fair cop, i done it all.
all except for the chaps. mine are nicer.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby barriwhite on Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:42 am

I should add that, while she was doing her thing at their last show in montreal, her rack went up and down as steady as the bass drum. I enjoyed it.
[FEEL][THE][FUNK][BLAST]
barriwhite
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby MiltonWaddams on Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:46 am

I saw My Chemical Romance at a warped tour, lots of bands, thought I'd check out the hundreds of people yelling at them. Someone screamed "YOU SUCK" at a quiet part of the song, and people laughed. The lead singer quipped back with "You're just mad because I wear more makeup than your dad! OOOOH!".

He "OOOH"'d his own joke because noooobody else was laughing.

Also, the guy from Nickleback looks like a timetravel version of Dog the Bounty Hunter.

EDIT: I'm from the school of thought that when a band pretends they're more important than they pretend, they become awful shit. Are the Pussycat Dolls absolutely awful? Of course, but they don't pretend like their music has any impact anywhere. Modest Mouse, Dave Matthews, etc etc all have these chips on their shoulders, as if they had any sort of Punky Power (LOL!).

I recently started listening to Muse and god damn that band plays some sexy music.
MiltonWaddams
REAL DRAGON

Postby barriwhite on Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:52 am

MiltonWaddams wrote:Of course, but they don't pretend like their music has any impact anywhere. Modest Mouse, Dave Matthews, etc etc all have these chips on their shoulders, as if they had any sort of Punky Power (LOL!).

Hahah yeah, they wish!!!
[FEEL][THE][FUNK][BLAST]
barriwhite
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby barriwhite on Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:58 am

Picture this: What would happen if Nickelback actually oozed Punky Power?
[FEEL][THE][FUNK][BLAST]
barriwhite
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby El Scorcho on Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:01 am

As a former Creed fan, I can certify that Scott Stapp is a class A douchebag. He deserves every amount of hate that comes his way. That article in Rolling Stone about his breakdown was quite revealing. I can't listen to them anymore, as I'm sure most of you never could. That said, the other guys now in Alter Bridge with Myles Kennedy, FUCKING ROCK.
El Scorcho
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Brocktune on Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:12 am

im not trying to beat a dead horse here, but i just wanted to get my opinion of this on record.

i dont even know where to begin with how stupid, presumptuous, and incorrect this quote is, but let me just say that this is the lamest quote ive ever heard from a "musician" since i heard lars ulrich say that they wanted st. anger to sound like that.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:50 am

Brocktune wrote:

me too
only it was the video, not just the song
and i think i can blame the chagrin of my friends and neighbors on the fact that i like to masturbate in front of a large bay window with no curtains.

I-PUKE-ILASH!!!
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby cap on Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:14 am

I went with other for the fact I'm going back a few years.

AC/DC.

A band at one point that I really liked......when I was 12.

They have consistently made the same song for damn near 30 years now. And the original was ok, about the firtst trillion times I heard it, now it is just tired and bad, like the band.

Ambition - The journey of a thousand miles sometimes ends very, very badly
cap
AIRWOLF

Postby burlivesleftnut on Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:50 am

MiltonWaddams wrote:...I recently started listening to Muse and god damn that band plays some sexy music.

No shit! But what the fuck is up with their low output! I want more. People give High Tension a hard time because of the BIG TWIST, but I will forever love it for introducing me to Muse.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:04 am

Yeah - I used to think that Muse were some kind of Radiohead rip-off a couple of years back, but then I realised that they sound more like Radiohead than even Radiohead do. So if you liked Radiohead 10 years ago, but don't dig their current output, Muse are definitely the band for you.

Oh, and a new album is due in the next 3 months-ish, so you won't have to wait too much longer, Burl...
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Shane on Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:30 am

Music today is a horrible re-hash of what was once good. They borrow elements and and borrow from good and bad. Mostly bad elements which corrupts what could be used to make descent music. Then there is the cry and wine element. It is a bunch of boy bands with makeup and tattoos. The things they try to embrace like Punk or Whatever form of rock has been absorbed so much into pop culture it makes them no different than Donnie Osmond. There are phenominal bands out there doing phenominal things, but nobody is looking there. MTV and all the huge record companies are trying to replace yesterdays music with new trends creating horrid shit. They made an even more kid friendly Gother for us calling it Emo and surgically removed any testosterone or rebellion once found in Music. These bands stand for nothing But highschool, and what it is like to be a 12 year old high school girl. I don't feel any sort of connection with the whiny shit.

Fuck the radio, NPR is the best station around here unfortionately. And fuck Music Television. Jello had it right when the Kennedys said it years ago:

This is the future of rock and roll

How far will you go
How low will you stoop
To tranquilize our minds with your sugar-coated swill

You’ve turned rock and roll rebellion
Into pat boone sedation

MTV get off the air
Last edited by Shane on Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shane
AIRWOLF

Postby doglips on Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:37 am

TheBaxter wrote:Bright Eyes

WHA!!! Very controversial.

keepcoolbutcare wrote:i'll have no more Meg White bashing in MY music forum, thank you very much.

Seconded, Meg is fantastic, the perfect accompaniment to Jack's genius - as he says himself in Ribbon's quote from Rolling Stone.
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby burlivesleftnut on Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:51 am

thedoglippedone wrote:

zzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz z z z z zz z
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Kilgore on Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:57 am

I know the topic says 'Bands', AND I already voted convincingly that REO are Satan's ear candles, but, in the related topic of 'solo artist' I submit this guy"

ImageImageImage

The second album is entitled 'Real Life Ain't This Way' --- that's f^%&ing poetic.

And if you've never heard 'Thunder Island' before, than your god has indeed smiled at your soul.
Kilgore
AIRWOLF

Postby doglips on Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:02 am

burlivesleftnut wrote:
thedoglippedone wrote:

zzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz z z z z zz z

LOL, I can see him having that effect on people, but I love his melodies.

Wait, or did you mean me!
doglips
MOD FAIRY

PreviousNext

Return to Music