KT Tunstall n stuff

Sigur Ros is the greatest living band. Discuss.

KT Tunstall n stuff

Postby ny2timer on Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:21 pm

I saw her on VH1 kinda interesting...anyone know the word on this chica?
mmkay.
ny2timer
GLIB

Postby tfactor on Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:30 pm

Welcome to the zone ny2timer!

the word around town is she's a singer, duh :wink:

EDIT:

http://www.7digital.com/stores/productDetail.aspx?shop=12&product=4970&sid=66292
Last edited by tfactor on Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby Flumm on Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:30 pm

She's pretty big over here in the UK, she's had a suprisingly strong year...

She kind of broke with a hit single "Black Horse and The Cherry Tree", and no one really expected her to do anything, but then she followed it up with lots of live performances, and interviews and so forth, then she landed a Mercuary award Nomination (kind of a prestigous annual award for best album). I would say she's on the slightly more respected side of Rock/Pop, mainly because she's really kind of charming, in her down beat guitar chick, self depricating Scot kind of way. Oh, and she's cute. Really, really cute...

http://www.kttunstall.com/
Flumm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tfactor on Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:36 pm

she sounds pretty cool, soulful!
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby tfactor on Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:39 pm

wow he didn't last long at all, like a leaf on the wind
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby athenabodicea on Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:40 pm

He's in...he's out...he's in.....

ROOFIES!!!
ImageImageImage
athenabodicea
GEEK GODDESS

Postby doglips on Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:09 pm

Flumm wrote:She's pretty big over here in the UK, she's had a suprisingly strong year...

She kind of broke with a hit single "Black Horse and The Cherry Tree", and no one really expected her to do anything, but then she followed it up with lots of live performances, and interviews and so forth, then she landed a Mercuary award Nomination (kind of a prestigous annual award for best album). I would say she's on the slightly more respected side of Rock/Pop, mainly because she's really kind of charming, in her down beat guitar chick, self depricating Scot kind of way. Oh, and she's cute. Really, really cute...

What Flumm is trying to say is that he loves KT as much as he loved Stephanie Speck .
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby Flumm on Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:27 pm

thedoglippedone wrote:
Flumm wrote:She's pretty big over here in the UK, she's had a suprisingly strong year...

What Flumm is trying to say is that he loves KT as much as he loved Stephanie Speck .

It's true. :oops:

Hey, well have pity on me though, that thing between me and Speck wasn't just meant to last. You don't know what it's like, when your just out for a whirr down the street, observing the migrational patterns of birds, or creeping up on old ladies or something, and someone spoils your concentration by shouting "HEY JOHNNY FIVE... YUK YUK.. WHERE'S STE-FAA-NEE?!"... That shit wears pretty thin. As if it wasn't hard enough already, trying to count out the change for my next novelty hat purchase, with these clunky excuses for fingers. Trust me, it was doomed from the beggining...
Flumm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby doglips on Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:32 pm

Ipampilash!

Where the fuck do you keep your small change?
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby The Garbage Man on Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:45 pm

The Garbage Man
AIRWOLF

Postby Flumm on Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:51 pm

Mwhahauuha. Well, let's just say Beyonce has got nothin on old flummy 5!

I got a lot of junk in my trunk, if you know what I mean...

<--- Botylicious

BWhahahha!

:wink:

:D

:)

:shock:

:(

*sniff*

*breaks down crying*

...someone once stuck a magnet on my my back, and I tried to pull it off but, but.. I can't reach it, and so now kids follow me around the streets and throw forks and things at me, trying to make it stick to the magnet and if I'm lucky someone misses with a few coins, and....

*sniff*

... and... when they are gone, I come back, so... so...

*sniff*

... I can pick them out of the gutter....

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Flumm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Seppuku on Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:52 pm

Wow my first ever self-promotion. My cousin, who plays the guitar whenever I perform my songs live (I'm a singer/songwriter but for the life of me I can't twang for shit), has had a few conversations with KT- they make the same sort of music. Well if you like Turnstall check out her personal website (she's gonna barbecue me when she finds out I've been posting this link on forums, she's kinda shy you see): Click Here for Peppi's Velvety Voice.

If any of you punks leaves any dodgy messages in her Guestbook I'm gonna hunt you down Death Wish-style!
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby doglips on Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:57 pm

The Garbage Man wrote:Image

LOL! Have you got one?

EDIT - back on topic, I took my wife to see KT last year, and while not exactly my cup of tea, she has a great voice and her band were pretty tight. It was a good show all in all.
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby Flumm on Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:01 pm

seppukudkurosawa wrote:Wow my first ever self-promotion. My cousin, who plays the guitar whenever I perform my songs live (I'm a singer/songwriter but for the life of me I can't twang for shit), has had a few conversations with KT- they make the same sort of music. Well if you like Turnstall check out her personal website (she's gonna barbecue me when she finds out I've been posting this link on forums, she's kinda shy you see): Click Here for Peppi's Velvety Voice.

If any of you punks leaves any dodgy messages in her Guestbook I'm gonna hunt you down Death Wish-style!

I'm always kinda on the side of any English performer, who unashamedly sings in their own accent...

(YOU HEAR THIS MCFLY?!)

Says she's at music college too? Isn't that what Melua did? That's about as wise a move you make in her position I guess. At least she can get work in the industry, or teaching if things don't work out for her. Well, all I can say is good luck to the lady!
Flumm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Seppuku on Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:06 pm

Well I've gotta admit, I occasionally go a wee bit Irish when I sing, and sometimes I put on a Hungarian accent for comedy effect, but I get your point.

Personally I'd figure that music college can only really help ya with the producing, if you're planning on writing songs you need to see the world, or read-up. Ah well, I guess I'm just being a resentful old fart because I didn't get in. WHY DON'T YOU LOVE ME!?
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby The Garbage Man on Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:51 pm

thedoglippedone wrote:LOL! Have you got one?

I wish!

On topic: KT writes her own songs. She plays her own instrument. She sings well. She doesn't appear obsessed with image. She's cute.

And she's Scottish!

That's about 50 bonus points in my book.
The Garbage Man
AIRWOLF

Postby sleepflower on Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:53 pm

She is amazingly cute. Great album definitely one of the best last year.

The best track is Heal Over by far.

Saw her at shepherds bush empire (London)

I have to admit I have a bit of a soft spot for female soloists. Love the idea of a girl singing to me.

Has anyone else caught a listen to Emiliana Torrini?
Half Icelandic, alf Portugese. First album is dancey by all accounts, but Fishermans woman is simply heaven. This relaxing after a weekend in the city by sitting at a liilte fish village in Portugal.
The Noblest Pleasure is The Joy of Understanding
sleepflower
AIRWOLF

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:56 pm

I've been listening to Emiliana since 1999. I bumped into someone who knew her early last year... was soooo jealous... I love Unemployed in Summertime and her last album was lovely, inspiring stuff.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby sleepflower on Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:10 pm

I attempted to wander backstage at glastonbury, cos I melted when I saw her (Emiliana) in a white dress and Red kneck scarf thing. So pretty.

They werent having any of it.

Since then seen her at V last year and Shepherds bush. She definitely is best live (so is KT Tunstall).

Both are good at talking to the audience.

Emiliana tells wonderful little stories about how the songs were written. Very cute, odd tales.
The Noblest Pleasure is The Joy of Understanding
sleepflower
AIRWOLF

Return to Music