Latest Concert Visits

Sigur Ros is the greatest living band. Discuss.

Re: Latest Concert Visits

Postby Spandau Belly on Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:45 am

So I saw Norah Jones last night. The concert was only 40 bucks and I probably would've paid that if I hadn't been given tickets for free. It was prettymuch what you'd expect. I think we all know Jones isn't going to jump out through a ring of fire wearing a white leather fringe jacket, bite the heads off chickens, crowsurf and smash her guitar or anything like that. She is relaxed and friendly on stage and delivers her songs well. She mostly delivered the songs very close to how they are on the albums; except for the stuff from her first album, which she reworked a bit more (probably because she's gotten bored with those songs and wants to keep them interesting). Her voice is really good live and it was a nice show. Her performance suits her music and her music isn't intense or showy, so considering the material / the performer, this was an ideal concert.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby Crimson King on Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:12 am

Last Wednesday my buddy invited me to go check out the Brother Ali show. I'm not gonna pretend to know much about hip-hop, let alone underground stuff.

Holy shit what a kickass show! The opening act was this hip-hop duo called The ReMINDers, and they really kicked ass. The next guy, some MC called Homebody Sandman wasn't as great, but he got the crowd pumped up, had some fire.

Then Brother came out. Not a single song in his set that I didn't enjoy. Spent the whole show dancing. Awesome.
English, motherfucker! Do you speak it?!?
Crimson King
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby justcheckin on Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:50 pm

Crimson King wrote:Last Wednesday my buddy invited me to go check out the Brother Ali show. I'm not gonna pretend to know much about hip-hop, let alone underground stuff.

Holy shit what a kickass show! The opening act was this hip-hop duo called The ReMINDers, and they really kicked ass. The next guy, some MC called Homebody Sandman wasn't as great, but he got the crowd pumped up, had some fire.

Then Brother came out. Not a single song in his set that I didn't enjoy. Spent the whole show dancing. Awesome.

I've heard Brother Ali was really good.
justcheckin
AIRWOLF

Postby TheButcher on Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:31 am

Del The Funky Homosapien live at The Gothic Theatre in Englewood, CO Saturday 05 April 2014
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Spandau Belly on Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:48 am

Hey there, North Americans! La Roux will be touring to promote her/their new album, 'Trouble in Paradise', which is set for release in July.

Here are the tour dates. You might run into me at the Montréal show.

Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby Spandau Belly on Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:53 pm

This one has been playing through my head ever since the concert. I really liked all the new stuff, but this one was the standout.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby Spandau Belly on Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:02 am

I saw Blondie last night and it was an excellent show. It was a standing outdoor concert, and I was very close to the front. The group delivered most (they skipped 'The Tide Is High') of their hits with a huge amount of energy. They cranked up the rock/punk aspect of their music so that even their more disco songs didn't sound so disco. Debbie Harry's voice has held up well and her delivery of the rap part of 'Rapture' has improved. I'd probably say 'Atomic' was the best performed song of the night. I also found it really flattering during that song when Debbie sings the line "your hair is beautiful" she looked at me and pointed right at me.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Previous

Return to Music