Latest Concert Visits

Sigur Ros is the greatest living band. Discuss.

Postby King Psyz on Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:26 pm

me = jealous
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby Wazoo on Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:29 pm

I met my love by the gas works wall...

Awesome, dude! :D

I saw Muse on the 28th of October. A stupendously good show, one of the best I've ever been to.

Next: LCD Soundsystem (26/03/07)
Wazoo
GLIB

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:54 am

Wazoo wrote:Next: LCD Soundsystem (26/03/07)

make sure Murphy isn't schilling for anyone on this tour.

seen 'em 3 times, first two were stupendous, the third, when he and the band were pimping some game console, was subpar. Like he knew he had kinda sold a bit of his soul and let that fact come through with a lackluster effort on his end.
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Logan5 on Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:32 am

Wazoo wrote:I met my love by the gas works wall...

I saw Muse on the 28th of October. A stupendously good show, one of the best I've ever been to.

I saw Muse in Berlin the 25th of November. Damn, that was a great show. Loved them since the first album. First time I got to see them now, so I'm a bit sad they didn't play any old songs except Muscle Museum (like always).
Logan5
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby sleepflower on Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:51 am

Now, onto business.

Nine inch nails tickets have come through for brixton in march, anyone else going?

And now final calls for anyone wanting to come and see kasabian! Hoping Kirk will come along. I have also requested Tapeheads attendance.

And to all other gig goers...

I really like the idea of going to see a band in europe. Im thinking the killers maybe. Just an excuse to see more of europe and help to give me an exact date, meet some locals, the bonuses are endless. Anyone want to join? Suggestions of bands to see that are touring around spring time? Any hints for the trip in general?
The Noblest Pleasure is The Joy of Understanding
sleepflower
AIRWOLF

Postby sleepflower on Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:56 am

Logan5 wrote:

I saw Muse in Berlin the 25th of November. Damn, that was a great show. Loved them since the first album. First time I got to see them now, so I'm a bit sad they didn't play any old songs except Muscle Museum (like always).

Muse are amazing, seeing them at leeds this year was ridiculous. Second time I have seen them, both at Leeds festivals.

What venue are LCD soundsystem playing?

Oh and what is berlin like to see a band, cos killers are doing berlin, frankfurt and paris...
sleepflower
AIRWOLF

Postby mistertim on Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:52 am

Any other UKers going to ATP this weekend?
"That's why they sent me I am an expert."
mistertim
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby Logan5 on Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:55 am

sleepflower wrote:
Logan5 wrote:

Muse are amazing, seeing them at leeds this year was ridiculous. Second time I have seen them, both at Leeds festivals.

Oh and what is berlin like to see a band, cos killers are doing berlin, frankfurt and paris...

I've only been to Berlin once, and that was this time to watch Muse. But the arena was cool; an old warehouse on the east side of Berlin. Arena Treptow.
Logan5
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:55 am

Lemme know how you go on that EU trip, Sleep. We gots NIN to look forward too! HOOHAH!

Still looking for a DJ Shadow accompanier...
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby sleepflower on Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:21 am

I just checked, and if it wasn't for the fact that brixton is amazing and that a load of mates are going as well I would have traded my tickets in to go see them in milan.

The gig is in april.

I really want to go to Italy, never been and so my preferred to see a band.

Cheers for the heads up on Berlin Logan.
sleepflower
AIRWOLF

Postby Fried Gold on Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:56 am

AtomicHyperbole wrote:

I've always been unsure aboutwhether it's worth paying to see a man play LPs.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tapehead on Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:06 am

I saw Shadow on his last tour, and he took time out to explain to the audience just how he was producing what they were hearing - the decks, cd players, midi percussion etc - the man is a maestro, and I marvel at his physical dexterity in making it work so well - the music has a very live feel and deviates alot from recorded versions. He combines tracks together and makes stuff up on the spot, and doesn't play a 'set' like you might be familiar with having heard from club DJs. It's an amazing hiphop performance. Having said that I doubt I'll go to this as I dont dig his latest release as much as his previous albums.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby Bratpack on Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:20 pm

Last band I saw was TOOL on the 1st of this month. I'm still suffering the comedown even now.
Bratpack
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:05 pm

Fried Gold wrote:
AtomicHyperbole wrote:

I've seen Jurassic 5, and watching Cut Chemist take the stage with his deck slung over like a guitar was one of the finest things I've seen and heard in my gig-going history. Let alone when he took a bunch of kids toys he'd resampled and started making music with them...
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:09 pm

tapehead wrote:I saw Shadow on his last tour, and he took time out to explain to the audience just how he was producing what they were hearing - the decks, cd players, midi percussion etc - the man is a maestro, and I marvel at his physical dexterity in making it work so well - the music has a very live feel and deviates alot from recorded versions. He combines tracks together and makes stuff up on the spot, and doesn't play a 'set' like you might be familiar with having heard from club DJs. It's an amazing hiphop performance. Having said that I doubt I'll go to this as I dont dig his latest release as much as his previous albums.

Y'see, I didn't like it much on first listen. But it's really grown on me and I now prefer it over The Private Press. The hyphy is really quite something once you get past the initial jolt and from Broken Levee Blues it's a classic, for me at least. The man's just being true to his roots and it proves an eclectic, exciting LP. I can't wait to see what he's going to do... think about what you said, man! He'll mix it up. Skullfuckery, Three Freaks and This Time are awesome tracks... let alone the hilarious Backstage Girl and Enuff is GREAT!

Give it another chance...
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:32 pm

sleepflower wrote:
Logan5 wrote:

I saw Muse in Seattle a couple of months ago, I have to echo the comments above, one of the best shows I've ever been to. I was tanked, so that may have had something to do with it, but I had a blast.

I saw Wolfmother on Sunday, my ears are still ringing...
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:20 am

I've got Muse tickets for London, and not through a tout! I love SEETICKETS! It's gonna be in the new WEMBLEY STADIUM NEXT JUNE!

W00t indeed.

edit - not even Glastonbury sells out that fast... seriously, within less than two minutes... my friends had a ton of trouble. One eventually went to tickettouts and got them on a £4 markup (not bad really), another went for seated. I did the Glasto online thing a few years ago on a 512MB connection and that was hard... this was STUPID!

I managed to secure two though... but that's thanks to...

TOUCH TYPING!
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fried Gold on Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:08 am

Touch Typing: Letting your fingers work for you!
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:10 am

That is SO my new sig.

;)

Cheers Fried!
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Brocktune on Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:26 pm

Sunday, Dec. 3rd
San Diego CA
The Casbah

so last sunday i went down to the casbah to see an event billed as either "an evening with john waters" or "a john waters christmas", depending on which ad for the show you saw. now, i saw that he was doing this show last year, and wanted to go. of course, i didnt. but then when i saw that he was doing it again this year, i said fuck this, im going this time. and i got tickets and went.

firstly, let me say this is one of the best, most expensive, and weirdest gigs i have ever seen at the casbah. tickets were either 45 or 75 bucks. the 75 dollar tix got you a pre-show performance, meet and greet, and photo session, in addition to a reserved seat. a seat? at the casbah? you bet. and you want to know what else was weird about it? all of the people in the 75 dollar seats were rich, and old. i have never seen anyone who was that old at a show there, ever. in my head, i could hear them all saying "wait a minute, this isnt faux dive, this is a dive!". it wasnt a bad thing though, not at all. in fact it, was kind of cool. i always like it when the audience at a show is diverse. it helps reinforce to me that the art we are there to appreciate is indeed worthy of praise, as it can be appreciated across generational lines.
im sure most of you dont know The Casbah. especially if you dont live here, and have never visited. so, for your edification, the casbah is (imo) the only club in town. it is the only venue we have in SD that consistently books quality acts, and the only club in town with any sort of positive vibe, or history, or importance in the local scene. basically, the only club worth a shit in town. with my band, my primary goal was to play this club, because it is the club. and once performed at, suicide would never be out of the question. so yeah, best club in town. well, imo anyways. the stage is sort of famous, for its look as well. it has like this kind of old school black vinyl with buttons kind of a thing. its great. so for this show, it was all done up in xmas lights, colored balls, and tinsel to boot. it looked fantastic, and the vibe was absolutely wonderful. very christmasy.
the show was supposed to start at 830, but didnt really start until about 930 or so. fashionably late is the only way to go. some guy gets on stage, and thanks tim, the owner of the club and introduces john waters.
i was quite excited, as i love his work, and was stoked to get the chance to listen to him talk.
the performance he gave far exceeded my expectations. he told a bunch of different stories, anecdotes, and non sequiturs ranging from interestingly funny, to side splittingly hilarious. the man has a very naturally clever, and conversational way of speaking, that really draws you in to the story, and makes you feel a part of it. he spoke for about an hour, and then brought the house lights up for some questions. i actually got to ask the last question of the night, when i asked him if he had any anecdotes about susan tyrell. he then told a short story about how working with susan tyrell was the only time on a movie set where people had shit stolen out of their pocketbooks. hilarious. then he said thank you, took a bow, and was gone.
how often do you get the opportunity to be this close to one of history's most important filmmakers, and just bask in their glory, and bathe in the delight of hearing the ins and outs of a lifetimes worth of quality work? i mean, i was standing 6 feet from john fucking waters, just listening to him riff on the shoes that he was wearing that divine bought for him, or on what kind of twisted perversions he would like to see permanently alter the face of christmas as we know and celebrate it. i could have stood there, sucking down booze and listening to him all night. fuck, he is great.
i also have to add that the casbah was the perfect venue for this. i saw he was doing this show in a few seated auditoriums at colleges and such, but the casbah totally trumps em. i think thats probably why david cross plays at rock clubs. it just has such a great vibe. if i may quote nomeansno's (review to come) own tommy hollister:

in reference to The Casbah, Tommy Hollister wrote:but in this town, where else would one go?

exactly tommy.
exactly.

when i first heard of the show, i was curious what his impetus for actually "touring" was. turns out mr. waters had something to promote. he has a christmas album out called "A John Waters Christmas" oddly enough. you can check it out HERE if you like. no, he doesnt sing on it. but rather it is a hand picked collection of some of his favorite xmas tunes. i bought the cd, and it is great. when was the last time you heard some xmas tunes that werent played out as fuck? none of the tracks on this disc are anywhere close to played out. and they are rife with the kind of backhanded humor that waters is notorious for. just his style. in fact, i knew i would like the disc, because waters always chooses the best music for his flicks. ive always been into rockabilly, but im talking about real rockabilly. not some brian setzer bullshit, im talking about the sparkletones, eager boy, dry run, penny loafers and bobbysox. the real deal. john waters totally knows what the real deal is, because he lived through it, both geographically, and chronologically. posterity tends to remember mostly the worst of what any generation, era, or epoch has to offer. thank god there are folks like waters who will always remind us that there was, and is, good stuff out there, who exposes us to it, and who reminds us just why we hate all of that mainstream bullshit. if you are a fan of john waters, and he is still on tour, or he does this show again next year, do yourself a favor and go see him.

Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby doglips on Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:30 pm

Brocktune wrote:Image

MasterWhedon wrote:Dad?
Last edited by doglips on Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby Brocktune on Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:31 pm

hahahahahaha

i actually had that camera upgraded with a special "red eye" option that guarantees every subject you photograph will look like a member of the summers family tree.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby thebostonlocksmith on Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:31 pm

he looks like Michael Barrymore... I hope he didn't invite you for a swim in his pool...

Anyway, that was a great review....
thebostonlocksmith
AIRWOLF

Postby doglips on Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:33 pm

Brocktune wrote:hahahahahaha

i actually had that camera upgraded with a special "red eye" option that guarantees every subject you photograph will look like a member of the summers family tree.

IPAMPIQUAKE!

Great review Brock, you get to go to all the cool stuff. I might have to check out that album.
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby sleepflower on Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:29 pm

AtomicHyperbole wrote:
Fried Gold wrote:
AtomicHyperbole wrote:

I've seen Jurassic 5, and watching Cut Chemist take the stage with his deck slung over like a guitar was one of the finest things I've seen and heard in my gig-going history. Let alone when he took a bunch of kids toys he'd resampled and started making music with them...

Fan of kid carpet? His whole album is made from kids toys.
sleepflower
AIRWOLF

Postby sleepflower on Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:37 pm

Went to a very strange event on monday night. Not a gig, but air guitar karaoke. Some very odd people and a few that had been winners at championships. The bar was weird from the start as full size replicas of horse were everywhere and one side of the place was all beds insead of chairs and tables. The organiser went first and was really into it. In the end their was air moshing and loads of people just jumping in and having a go at the same time as each other. Lots of jumping and one guy tried to jusp over a photographer from off the stage. Took the poor guy with him. You got the typical tunes of Led Zep and The Who, but in the middle ppl got a little confused on song choices, as it seems they were picking tunes they would dance to rather than really dynamic tunes, resulting in repetitive guitar action.

sleepflower
AIRWOLF

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:40 am

DJ Shadow... Brixton Academy... last show of his Outsider tour...

FUCKING

AWESOME.

9 big screens, 3 bottom, a stage in the middle, 3 in the middle, 3 at the top... incredible visuals, brilliant mixing... Lateef came on, there was the singer from supporting act Stateless (good band) for the new tracks from The Outsider... I went solo and ended up with a group of great peeps in the crowd, old-schoolers, and danced the evening away with a lovely lady friend of theirs! Genius evening.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Brocktune on Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:47 pm

NOMEANSNO
saturday, oct 28th
The Casbah
San Diego, CA

yeah, i know its a little late, but i finally got my fuckin pics back!

it does my heart good to see guys this old get down so good. these canadian legends, the grandfathers of art-core punk rock still, even at a million years old, will kick the living shit out of you. they did it to me, and to everyone else in the club that night. if you dont know these guys, these pics will mean little to you. and also, its time to go the fuck back to school. its a joyous occasion to find a band that can play with the speed and ferocity of the angriest of punk bands, yet can actually play their instruments and know something about music. crazy polyrythms, lyrics which are as intelligent as they are funny, and vice versa, and with a legacy as sordid and important as any of your false rock gods. these guys have been blazing new trails for years. although far too aggressive and poignant for the mainstream, nomeansno has carved a niche for themselves that muscial history would be sorely lacking without. i was blown the fuck away the first time i heard them, lo these many years ago. but everytime they come around, i swear they will be dead before they can make it back. im pretty sure they do too. anyways, if you love em, you know what time it is. dont fucking miss them at any cost. enjoy the pics. especially the last one of tommy hollister immediately following the gig. heh, hollister did this one bit where he kept talking about himself, and getting introduced by the other two guys over and over again. it was fuckin priceless. played a bunch of new stuff, and a bunch of old favorites. they did 3 fucking encores. well worth the 12 bucks.

onlysomanysongscanbesungwithtwolipstwolungsandonetongue

Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby athenabodicea on Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:58 pm

Great pics Brock....

I cant remember the last time I went to a concert...
Well, its been a couple of years....

I think I shall check out the House of Blues venue & see if there is anything worthy coming to town...
ImageImageImage
athenabodicea
GEEK GODDESS

Postby TonyWilson on Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:59 pm

Brocktune, I fucking love you man. I've never heard of these guys and they sound absolutely fucking amazing. I learn so much stuff.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:04 pm

great, another band I've got to go and play catch up on.

any album you recommend for a neophyte?
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Brocktune on Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:07 pm

@ Tony dont take my word for it. you gotta check em out for yourself!

@ Athema although sometimes pricey, the HOB's are notoriously quality venues. ive been to the one on the sunset strip in L.A., and the one down here in SD, and they are both quite nice. well worth checking out.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby justcheckin on Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:50 pm

I just went to see Blue October at the Roxy in Atlanta, GA. If you are a rock/alternative sort of person and you don't know who this band is... check them out. They are awesome! Check out the website. They also have a myspace page. They are still playing small venues but I think that will change. Truely a great show.

http://www.blueoctoberfan.com/foiled/index.php
justcheckin
AIRWOLF

Postby Brocktune on Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:16 pm

Keepcoolbutcare wrote:great, another band I've got to go and play catch up on.

any album you recommend for a neophyte?

i cant believe i missed this.

my sincerest apologies dude.

anyways, as i dont like suggesting greatest hits records, its gotta be "WRONG".

blew me away instantly.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:05 am

Saw The Spinto Band last night.

Like The Monkees on CRACK.

Utterly.

Superb.

Amazing.

Save for the twat who decided it'd be funny to spill beer on my head for a laugh. I don't think I've ever wanted to smash someones face in like that since I got beaten up on the street in Wimbledon for "looking at someone funny"...

But despite that, glorious 60's esque wigout with a nice line in covers, and Kate Nash is awesome.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Simon Cowell on Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:55 pm

So Pauler, Randy, Ryan and I, we had some free time last night and I was feeling my usual cheery self, so I invited them out for a night on the town. After popping over to my flat for a few drinks (Pauler) we went out clubbing, as it were.

We popped into one show that was simply fantastic, really. They definitely had "It" with a capital "I". I believe the name of the group was "The Spintos" or something, I don't know. I'll have to have my people contact their people.

Anyway, REALLY great show all around from these fellows. I mean, it was like being at some crazy hippie psychedelic wedding from the 60s where your drunk uncle is singing the lyrics to "I'm a Believer" to the tune of "My Generation". Great stuff.

But the most annoying thing was that there was some chap there who just kept TALKING through the entire thing. He just kept going on and on and on and on and on about nothing consequential whatsoEVER. I had to ask him to shut up at least 17 times.

Finally, I just simply poured Pauler's beer on his head.
Simon Cowell
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby Bob Samonkey on Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:02 pm

I don't know how to take any of this....So did this really happen or Wha??!?
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:01 pm

It didn't happen. Some unregulated glib idiot is trying to be funny.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:03 pm

On another note, beyond being chased around the Zone by a freak with a personality crisis, I did get to see Bonobo tonight, which was freakin' aces. One of the best drum solo's EVER. Fantastic musicianship, amazing saxaphonist... if they're in your area, make sure you see them. Just genius.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Seppuku on Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:20 pm

Evidence...deleted.
Last edited by Seppuku on Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:27 pm

seppukudkurosawa wrote:So I was at this gig tonight. I can't remember their exact name, sounds a bit like the name of that annoying berk who sings for U2. Well the band were OK, despite having a guy on the sax who clearly had laryngitis, and a drummer who'd probably bought the Criterion Collection of Traci Lords the night before and gave himself a rheumatism in his wrists, but there was this one bald douche in front of me who kept on mumbling something about fruit and Swedish chicks. Highly distracting.

Any point to this? Other than trying to rile someone you've never really talked to?
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Seppuku on Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:34 pm

AtomicHyperbole wrote:
seppukudkurosawa wrote:So I was at this gig tonight. I can't remember their exact name, sounds a bit like the name of that annoying berk who sings for U2. Well the band were OK, despite having a guy on the sax who clearly had laryngitis, and a drummer who'd probably bought the Criterion Collection of Traci Lords the night before and gave himself a rheumatism in his wrists, but there was this one bald douche in front of me who kept on mumbling something about fruit and Swedish chicks. Highly distracting.

Any point to this? Other than trying to rile someone you've never really talked to?

Nope, not really, that's reason enough for me.

Anyway, it's the fact that you get riled up so easily that made me say it. Chill(i???) brethren!

Glad you've been enjoying a few gigs recently. Ugh, the last few gigs I've been to have been around the local pub- they've got a Gonzo Rock Covers Band week going on. Deep Purple (I LOATHE deep purple), Led Zeppelin (I LOVE Led Zep), Hendrix etc. Not exactly Bonobo-worthy, but it's something to do while you're sitting around sipping your Guinness.

Anyway, must dash, I've got a plane to catch in a couple of hours.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:37 pm

seppukudkurosawa wrote:Nope, not really, that's reason enough for me.

Anyway, it's the fact that you get riled up so easily that made me say it. Chill(i???) brethren!

Glad you've been enjoying a few gigs recently. Ugh, the last few gigs I've been to have been around the local pub- they've got a Gonzo Rock Covers Band week going on. Deep Purple (I LOATHE deep purple), Led Zeppelin (I LOVE Led Zep), Hendrix etc. Not exactly Bonobo-worthy, but it's something to do while you're sitting around sipping your Guinness.

Anyway, must dash, I've got a plane to catch in a couple of hours.

Good to know you've got something better to do that to pick on someone who's already feeling utterly tired of this place. I don't even know you, don't even pick on anything you say. Feel big, eh? It's unnecessary and I wouldn't do it to you. Just because others are isn't a lead in. Think of it this way - I'm a real person who has friendships here who's been being dug into of late because of that. And yes, it pisses me off that some shallow fucks are making use of that as ammunition.

You don't know what's been going on lately with me and this place. So please, don't even pretend to know. Don't even THINK you know.

Regardless, enjoy whatever it is you're going to, I don't wish ill on anyone. I'm just saddened by the fact people bow so fucking low.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby guinnesser on Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:23 am

brabs wrote:Anybody going to any festivals this year?

i went to the primavera festival in barcelona... fucking awsome!

i saw laura veirs, cat power, jeff tweedy, the new pornographers, teenage fanclub and the rapture in the space of around 6 hours!
guinnesser
GLIB

Postby stereosforgeeks on Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:49 am

Saw Lily Allen tonight.

Did a Specials cover in the encore.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby SilentBobX on Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:40 am

I've not seen a live show in a DAMN long time. Last time was Myrtle Beach, 2004. JET at the House of Blues. I love that place. Great atmosphere for music
SilentBobX
AIRWOLF

Postby darkjedijaina on Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:45 am

I don't think I've been to see a live band in about a year. I used to frequent the local scene in Atlanta.. a favorite was Sovus Radio.
darkjedijaina
BAD ASH

Postby Hermanator X on Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:25 pm

Nine Inch Nails on saturday in Nottingham was awesome. Sorry to see tonights show in birmingham cancelled, and hope it didnt affect anyone here, because they are putting on a hell of a show. I think black market tickets for seeing them in a 1700 capacity venue in oslo is in order! Tempted to do LCD in Amsterdam soon too.
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:26 pm

Hermanator X wrote:Nine Inch Nails on saturday in Nottingham was awesome. Sorry to see tonights show in birmingham cancelled, and hope it didnt affect anyone here, because they are putting on a hell of a show. I think black market tickets for seeing them in a 1700 capacity venue in oslo is in order! Tempted to do LCD in Amsterdam soon too.

nah, go plasma.

sorry, couldn't help myself.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby Hermanator X on Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:34 pm

And there was me expecting an LSD in amsterdam gag :)
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

PreviousNext

Return to Music