Recommendations for your fellow zoners.

Sigur Ros is the greatest living band. Discuss.

Recommendations for your fellow zoners.

Postby doglips on Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:18 am

Thought I'd start a thread where we can recommend music for each other.

I've got some recommendations for Flumm, been thinking about what would be good for you to listen to on the electronic/dance front after we talked about it in the b-sides thread.

I came up with these three compilations, they were released to celebrate 10 years of Warp records. All three are double CD's so even though getting all three ( if you buy one you really should get the other two, as they are all related ) will prove to be a little pricey, you get your money's worth. Warp records have signed some of the greatest artists in the dance music genre from Aphex Twin to Nightmares on Wax. Thom Yorke was heavily into the early part of Warp's history and music when KID A was being recorded, so that might give you an indication of what is to come.

Warp 10+1 INFLUENCES.
Early house and electronica that inspired a new set of artists and producers, who all signed up to Warp.

Warp 10+2 CLASSICS 89-92
Cuts from the first 3 years of Warp Records - Nightmares on Wax + LFO being the most well known artists featured.

Warp 10+3 REMIXES
Remixes from Warp's back catalogue by the cream of electronic music. Boards of Canada mixed by Stereolab ( which is mental ), Aphex Twin by Four Tet and LFO by Spiritualised are a few examples of the talent involved.

The first two collections are a great history lesson on early electronic/dance music and the third is an amazing melting pot to listen to and pick out new artists to investigate.
Great fucking artwork, design and packaging too.

On the subject of Stereolab, you may want to pick up Emperor Tomato Ketchup, a great album.
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby havocSchultz on Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:34 am

here - these 3 are for Kirk and BanthaFodder...especially the 3rd one...

havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby magicmonkey on Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:40 am

AhahhahahhahahahHhA.
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:15 am

Anything by DJ Shadow as he's inspired by film soundtracks. As such also Cinematic Orchestra, Aim and Herbalizer. Lately I've opened a thread about The Open and The Crimea, the latter very catchy and the former very epic in a kind of Doves meets Mansun sort of way.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby cap on Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:57 pm

With much respect to Vegeta for turning me on to this.......

Coheed and Cambria

Really good, really tight, and a really great listen.

Ambition - The journey of a thousand miles sometimes ends very, very badly
cap
AIRWOLF

Postby unikrunk on Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:23 pm

Wolfmother - check it out.
He can't' love you back...
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby The Ginger Man on Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:25 pm

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah

Ben Folds - Songs for Silverman

Bright Eyes - I'm Wide Awake It's Morning

The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby monorail77 on Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:15 pm

I've recently been revisiting my roots and have been listening to old Yes. Fragile and Close To The Edge are classics (Fragile is the better), but nothing compares to the enormous 70's prog rock bombast that is Relayer!

This album is just huge. Put it on, slap on the headphones and prepare to be transported to The Gates of Delerium! Relayer is Prog Rock at its pinnacle. Great stuff. Its huge in a jaw-dropping, I-Can't-Believe-These-Guys-Are-Serious kind of way. But, they are. So, enjoy the ride.
monorail77
AIRWOLF

Postby Brocktune on Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:28 pm

havocSchultz wrote:here - these 3 are for Kirk and BanthaFodder...especially the 3rd one...

i wish people would stop comparing the golden throats of nimoy and shatner to the unshirted wank fest of david hasselhoff. the transformed man and mr spock's music from outer space are genuine comedy classics. that hasselhoff shit is just the audio version of Dumbledore pr0n.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Tubbs Tattsyrup on Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:20 am

Not to mention that Shatner's NEW album is actually GOOD.

To Kirk, I recommend:

Warp 11
On YouTube or Vimeo.
Tubbs Tattsyrup
GRANDO CARLISSIAN

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:57 pm

The Ginger Man wrote:Clap Your Hands Say Yeah

whoa, whoa, WHOA!

backup the truck...didn't you make a post a while back 'bout "indie snobs"?

and here you're uppin' the biggest indie snob act of 2005??!!?!??

don't get me wrong, I love them, but it seems a little qweird that someone who looks down upon the "hipster indie" scene would be bonin' the Pitchfork hyped, Village Voice loved, indie-hipster-greatshoes-expensive jeans-"ironic"teeshirt-expensivehaircut-PBRdrink in' crowd pleasers of CYHaSY!

unless, like me, you're one of those people that will say anything to win an argument, in which case, huzzah!

either way tho', good taste, great band.
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Flumm on Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:02 pm

For KCBC or anyone with a taste for a kind of wryly delivered, modern British , heavyish guitar rock....

Well I remember browsing your playlists on LastFm KC, a little while back, and noticing that Art Brut - Formed A Band was at teh top one day, so I gave it a listen and it reminded me a little of this ...

To Hell With Good Intentions - Mclusky

Don't know much about the band TBH, only that they seem to have imploded last year, and got a 5 star review for their collective boxset in a magazine I picked up...
Flumm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Brocktune on Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:25 pm

Keepcoolbutcare wrote:don't get me wrong, I love them, but it seems a little qweird that someone who looks down upon the "hipster indie" scene would be bonin' the Pitchfork hyped, Village Voice loved, indie-hipster-greatshoes-expensive jeans-"ironic"teeshirt-expensivehaircut-PBRdrink in' crowd pleasers of CYHaSY!

is that why i see so many stupid motherfuckers drinking pabst *ugh* blue *choke* ribbon *wretch* at shows now? because its unofficially the official brew of the hipster contingent? man if they wanted to drink a shitty beer, how about lowi dark?
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:04 am

Flumm wrote:For KCBC or anyone with a taste for a kind of wryly delivered, modern British , heavyish guitar rock...Mclusky

Thanks flumm, heard good things from others, but fuck 'em, with your seal of approval I'll give 'em a listen when I have the chance.

Brocktune wrote:is that why i see so many stupid motherfuckers drinking pabst *ugh* blue *choke* ribbon *wretch* at shows now? because its unofficially the official brew of the hipster contingent? man if they wanted to drink a shitty beer, how about lowi dark?

Now?

It's been goin' on for years.

It's (wannabe)hipster irony, I suppose. Along with trucker hats, drinkin' PBR means you keep it real...even tho' your jeans and sneakers and t-shirt can feed a couple poor 3rd worlders for a year, you ain't pretentious, you're down with the workin' man (even tho' you might not know what work is...).

but there's also the $1.00 PBR pint nights in many places I tend to frequent, and when it's COLD (talkin' around absolute zero here) it ain't THAT bad.

Back to you Flumm, since one good turn deserves another, Granddaddy, "The Software Slump". A young hip robot such as yourself should dig it the most daddy-o.
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby vicious_bastard on Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:44 pm

I just tracked down 'Bakesale' by Sebadoh - the album I lost my virginity to. Some bastard nicked it off me at uni. Great album - respect to Kurt Cobain for wearing this T-shirt or I would never have known they existed. I am sure some of you will like it but I can't guarantee any kind of sexual success, I'm afraid.

vicious_bastard
AIRWOLF

Postby Brocktune on Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:51 pm

vicious_bastard wrote:I just tracked down 'Bakesale' by Sebadoh - the album I lost my virginity to. Some bastard nicked it off me at uni. Great album - respect to Kurt Cobain for wearing this T-shirt or I would never have known they existed. I am sure some of you will like it but I can't guarantee any kind of sexual success, I'm afraid.

hmmm... VB, that is a great idea for a thread of its own. i think i will steal it from you, if you dont mind.

EDIT: sebadoh did this song called "puffin on a pot pipe" i loved it, and ive never been able to find it. awesome song!
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Eric G on Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:24 pm

Hello my fellow Zoners. I don't think I have officially recommended a band yet and I have just witnessed something I thought i should share.
I know some or probably most of you out there aren't into the insane metal I am into, but I beg of you to hear me out. What I want you to do is watch this video clip It is a birds eye view of the drummer from a band called Hate Eternal, practising a song called Behold Judas. Watch his feet and his hands carefully and I'm telling you, you will have a new found respect for this genre. It is simply, brilliant.

Oh - for those few who are into this kind of music, watch it...you won't be dissapointed.
Eric G
AIRWOLF

Postby Cabiria on Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:14 pm

Eric G wrote:Hello my fellow Zoners. I don't think I have officially recommended a band yet and I have just witnessed something I thought i should share.
I know some or probably most of you out there aren't into the insane metal I am into, but I beg of you to hear me out. What I want you to do is watch this video clip It is a birds eye view of the drummer from a band called Hate Eternal, practising a song called Behold Judas. Watch his feet and his hands carefully and I'm telling you, you will have a new found respect for this genre. It is simply, brilliant.

Oh - for those few who are into this kind of music, watch it...you won't be dissapointed.

Wow. I'm not a big metal fan (although I have this death metal cover of Genie in a Bottle that I adore) but I can appreciate this. As a non-musician, I rarely think of a single instrument in a song. For me, it's all about the effect of every element put together. So this was actually an interesting spotlight on a band member I always take for granted.

Can't say I'm off to the shops to buy this song, but I can take a deeper respect for the work that goes into it. Thanks.

Could have used a bit more cowbell, though. :twisted:
Cabiria
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby Eric G on Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:31 pm

Glad you were open to it Cabiria. That's all I asked for. :)
I see the AV monster ate your little piccy as well.
Eric G
AIRWOLF

Postby Pudie on Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:37 pm

For anyone that likes music that's fun to listen to ...

Tubring and Mindless Self Indulgence.
Pudie
MAN IN SUIT

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:10 pm

That video was killer, Eric. It is damned hard to find a good drummer, let alone a good metal drummer. Guitarists are a dime a dozen (I sure as hell thought buying an Ibanez would bring in the chicks).
I usually don't recommend music, because I figure everybody's heard of all the bands I like.

Iced Earth (metal)
Eagles of Death Metal (not metal)

there ya go
Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood

Postby AtomicHyperbole on Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:28 am

Man, Natalie, how'd you animate that .gif?

"Shut the f*ck up and suck my d!ck!"

Incredible video, but for my money the guy from Fear Factory with his double kick drum outdid the guy for awesomeness over ten years ago.
AtomicHyperbole
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Eric G on Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:13 pm

Retardo_Montalban wrote:That video was killer, Eric. It is damned hard to find a good drummer, let alone a good metal drummer. Guitarists are a dime a dozen (I sure as hell thought buying an Ibanez would bring in the chicks).
I usually don't recommend music, because I figure everybody's heard of all the bands I like.

Iced Earth (metal)
Eagles of Death Metal (not metal)

there ya go

Iced Earth are a fantastic band. Have you heard of Demons and Wizards? Jon Schaffer of Iced Earth and Hansi Kürsch of Blind Guardian, combining the heavy crunch and dark melodies of Iced Earth with the powerful vocals and bombastic choirs of Blind Guardian.

If you like Iced Earth, I HIGHLY recommend them.
Eric G
AIRWOLF

Postby Fried Gold on Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:56 pm

I'been recommending The Rentals a lot recently, but if you listen to one track in particular get "My Head Is in the Sun" from the Seven More Minutes LP.

It blows me away.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Eric G on Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:07 pm

AtomicHyperbole wrote:Man, Natalie, how'd you animate that .gif?

"Shut the f*ck up and suck my d!ck!"

Incredible video, but for my money the guy from Fear Factory with his double kick drum outdid the guy for awesomeness over ten years ago.

Raymond Herrera (Fear Factory Drummer) is good and yes, is pretty quick on his feet, but he's not as quick as most nowadays. I don't really like the "clicking" sound you get from his drums (Just the way they produce the album). You can tell he relys on the use of 'triggers' to keep the timing 100% solid.

You want insanity behind the drums? Look in the direction of Pete "The Feet" Sandoval from Morbid Angel, or David Suzuki from Vital Remains.
Eric G
AIRWOLF

Postby magicmonkey on Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:52 am

Not a band I am recommending , but a great little net radio station I just can't stop listening to.

http://www.radioparadise.com/

No adverts and quality indie music.

As for bands, I can recommend The Super Furry Animals (again). Their albums Mwyng (welsh language)), LoveKraft and Phantom Power are my faves.
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby Nachokoolaid on Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:13 am

cap wrote:With much respect to Vegeta for turning me on to this.......

Coheed and Cambria

Really good, really tight, and a really great listen.

I pray nightly that they get a new front man, because then they would indeed kick ass.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby doglips on Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:33 am

Just picked up 'Balled of the Broken Seas' by Isobel Campbell & Mark Lanegan.

Damn, it's REALLY good!, like the soundtrack to the movie you've always dreamed of being made but no one is brave or cool enough to pull it off ( well for me anyhow ).

Both their voices are sounding incredible, Lanegan's is as dark and brooding as usual and Campbell's is the perfect sickly sweet foil.

Black Mountain and The False Husband are really stand out.

I'm off to listen to it again.......
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby Flumm on Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:56 pm

Not something I might normally be into but...

"Heartbeats" - The Knife

The José González track, covered in an eccentric, Kate Bush style, and made into deliciously japanese flavoured, retro-electro dance pop. And then some...

*bobs head, rolls up jacket sleeves, unfurls a totally bodacious mullet and reaches for neon pink cocktail*

8)

(That's me attempting to recommend the track to you btw...)
Flumm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby wonkabar on Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:01 pm

King Missile-Martin Scorsese
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby magicmonkey on Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:13 pm

The soundtrack to Morvern Callar. Has the Nancy Sinatra and Lee Hazelwood duet "Some velvet morning", that if you are on drugs (or possibly not) I personally guarantee WILL make you spooge at its awesomeness.

Yes spooge you will, possibly 3 times or more!
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby Brocktune on Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:56 pm

thedoglippedone wrote:Just picked up 'Balled of the Broken Seas' by Isobel Campbell & Mark Lanegan.

there are those of us who feel that mark lanegan would have been a much better jim morrisson than val kilmer. not to knock kilmer, i love him. but lanegan's look and voice would have been more apropos i feel.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Cabiria on Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:11 am

wonkabar wrote:King Missile-Martin Scorsese

He makes the best f*ckin' films! :twisted:
Cabiria
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby doglips on Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:45 am

Brocktune wrote:
thedoglippedone wrote:Just picked up 'Balled of the Broken Seas' by Isobel Campbell & Mark Lanegan.

there are those of us who feel that mark lanegan would have been a much better jim morrisson than val kilmer. not to knock kilmer, i love him. but lanegan's look and voice would have been more apropos i feel.

Never thought of that before, you're right, he would have made a damn good Morrisson.
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby doglips on Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:48 am

Flumm wrote:Not something I might normally be into but...

"Heartbeats" - The Knife

The José González track, covered in an eccentric, Kate Bush style, and made into deliciously japanese flavoured, retro-electro dance pop. And then some...

*bobs head, rolls up jacket sleeves, unfurls a totally bodacious mullet and reaches for neon pink cocktail*

8)

Picked up this album today, but put it back to get the new Nightmares On Wax release instead. Been meaning to investigate further after Tony sang much praise and I fancy a neon pink cocktail, so I'd better buy myself a soundtrack to drink it to.
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby magicmonkey on Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:54 am

Damn, it's REALLY good!, like the soundtrack to the movie you've always dreamed of being made but no one is brave or cool enough to pull it off ( well for me anyhow ).

Yup, the soundtrack to a film only Peckinpah could have made. :(
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby buster00 on Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:19 am

Are you guys down with DJ Food?

Flumm, I think you in particular will like this, if you don't already know about it. Very acid jazz. DJ Food isn't a dude, it's...well, here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DJ_Food

I like the CD Refried Food, which was reissued as a double disc in 2003.
Last edited by buster00 on Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby doglips on Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:19 am

magicmonkey wrote:

You've just made me want to watch Straw Dogs!
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby magicmonkey on Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:19 am

thedoglippedone wrote:
magicmonkey wrote:

You've just made me want to watch Straw Dogs!

ANY excuse to watch a Peckinpah film is a good one.
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby TonyWilson on Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:57 am

thedoglippedone wrote:

"Heartbeats" - The Knife

8)

Picked up this album today, but put it back to get the new Nightmares On Wax release instead. Been meaning to investigate further after Tony sang much praise and I fancy a neon pink cocktail, so I'd better buy myself a soundtrack to drink it to.

*desperately trying to avoid urge to travel to flumm and bitchslap his ass to Holland*

GONZALEZ' IS THE COVER!!!!! AAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Knife is the far far superior original

Heh, no hard feelings Flumm old chum, I've had to listen to lots of people singing the praises of Mr Gonzalez for crafting such a wonderful orignal song, when all he did was copy a wonderful original song. The Knife don't get a quarter of the love they should. With the success of Mr Gonzalez though, I'm on a one man mission to bring The Knife to people's attention.

The first album, Deep Cuts, is very very good but sadly flawed as well, they go a little bit too trancy on a couple of tracks, but reign that in for most of the album. Best tracks are Hearteats, Pass This On, and the epic You Take My Breath Away.
The new album called Silent Shout is a very different prospect, the cheesy dance has been stripped away to concentrate on synth harmonics giving the album a ethereal but sometimes queasy (in a good way, honest) feel.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby doglips on Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:29 am

TonyWilson wrote:
thedoglippedone wrote:

"Heartbeats" - The Knife

8)

*desperately trying to avoid urge to travel to flumm and bitchslap his ass to Holland*

Heh, no hard feelings Flumm old chum, I've had to listen to lots of people singing the praises of Mr Gonzalez for crafting such a wonderful orignal song, when all he did was copy a wonderful original song. The Knife don't get a quarter of the love they should. With the success of Mr Gonzalez though, I'm on a one man mission to bring The Knife to people's attention.

The first album, Deep Cuts, is very very good but sadly flawed as well, they go a little bit too trancy on a couple of tracks, but reign that in for most of the album. Best tracks are Hearteats, Pass This On, and the epic You Take My Breath Away.
The new album called Silent Shout is a very different prospect, the cheesy dance has been stripped away to concentrate on synth harmonics giving the album a ethereal but sometimes queasy (in a good way, honest) feel.

Downloading Deep Cuts now...........

EDIT: It's already earned an extra star by having synth steel drums.....
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby Flumm on Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:07 pm

TonyWilson wrote:*desperately trying to avoid urge to travel to flumm and bitchslap his ass to Holland*

You're totally right to feel empassioned Tony, The Knife's original is a far superior version imo, I haven't played one track on a loop like this for a good while. Excuse the discrepensy, but I heard the song on Annie Mac and so due to the nature of teh show, the fact it's a while since I heard the José González version, and that she was talking about The Knife's new material... I sort of assumed it was a cover.

:oops:

Apologies!

BTW lucky you didn't give in to that urge to "travel to flumm" there mate, because the other day, via some narcissistic googling, I found out according to the German version of Wickipedia, that you would have just ended up in some valley in Germany....

(Die Flumm ist ein alter Geestbach (Niederungsbach), der auf dem Auricher Geestrücken entspringt und zu den wenigen echten Fließgewässern Ostfrieslands gehört!)

So, if you were pissed off before, no doubt you would be worse after travelling all the way to a rural Germany, only to find I wasn't infact anywhere to be found... or even worse, conspiring to hide from you by disguising myself as some random Geestbach.

So you know, it's not all bad. :roll: :wink:
Flumm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DrillerKiller on Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:08 pm

For anyone who loves Mr. Bungle, Marty Friedman and prog metal, I wholeheartedly recommend Spastic Ink.

They make Dream Theater, Spiral Architect et all seem fairly weak and unimaginative, and if you normally hate those falsetto proggy vocals like I do, listen to their first album Ink Complete, it's all purely instru-'mental' music.

For fans of metal (DEP style math metal especially) I gotta recomend Meshuggah (try the song Future Breed Machine for starters - it's early stuff but has yet to be topped) and SiKth (extremely funky math metal with a singer gone spastic).

I'm actually listening to alot of Gil Scott Heron, Steely Dan and Django Reinhardt lately, but when I'm in the mood to be impressed I always go for the above.

Oh, and if you love a nice mix of quirkiness and jazz, you can't get any better than Estradasphere (the album Buck Fever especially). It's simply amazing. I'm indebted to whoever it was on here who mentioned their name in the same breath as Mr. Bungle. Much obliged.

Loved the suggestions of Hate Eternal and Relayer (I didn't think they could get any better than Close to the Edge or the Yes album - still don't, but that is one fine album) to by the way. Keep 'em coming.
Wellycome....in jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam
DrillerKiller
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby The Ginger Man on Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:36 pm

Keepcoolbutcare wrote:
The Ginger Man wrote:Clap Your Hands Say Yeah

whoa, whoa, WHOA!

backup the truck...didn't you make a post a while back 'bout "indie snobs"?

and here you're uppin' the biggest indie snob act of 2005??!!?!??

don't get me wrong, I love them, but it seems a little qweird that someone who looks down upon the "hipster indie" scene would be bonin' the Pitchfork hyped, Village Voice loved, indie-hipster-greatshoes-expensive jeans-"ironic"teeshirt-expensivehaircut-PBRdrink in' crowd pleasers of CYHaSY!

unless, like me, you're one of those people that will say anything to win an argument, in which case, huzzah!

either way tho', good taste, great band.

I get what you're saying, but I think you are mis-remembering what I said earlier. I was disagreeing with someone's idea that the music you like directly relates to who you are as a person. I called people like that moronic hipsters. I wasn't shitting on the music, I was shitting on people who think buying weird indie music makes them original and interesting. My point was that no matter what you buy, you aren't interesting...you're just a corporate whore.

Now I know I'm a corporate whore. And I think Clap Your Hands is a great band. But I'm also rocking Meatloaf and Journey on my Itunes, b/c I like what I like b/c I like it...not cause I care what anyone thinks.

That being said...the band is pretty good, everyone...worth checking out. And Meatloaf deserves more respect for rocking so damn hard.
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby Vegeta on Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:40 pm

One of my all time favorite albums: Faith No More "Angel Dust"

Just hands down awesome! 8)
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:36 am

Mr. Me Too.

New Clipse, off the (hopefully) soon to be released Hell Hath No Fury.

Oh. Yeah.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:12 am

ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby sleepflower on Tue May 02, 2006 2:45 am

A guy I saw on MTV2 is a genius.

Jeremy Walmsley

http://www.jeremywarmsley.com/

Hes a cool guy, still playing small gigs. Nice guy to talk to too.

Also has a friend, Emmy the great, who has a song called 'edward is deadwood' if you can find it the track is a real find.

Great Jeremy song is 5 verses. Check it out.
The Noblest Pleasure is The Joy of Understanding
sleepflower
AIRWOLF

Postby Lurker Johnson on Thu May 25, 2006 3:11 pm

Built To Spill

These guys are pretty damn good. Alternative with Soul. Kinda with a twangy-folky flavor. Goes good with beer. Click on the album art for their homepage.
Lurker Johnson
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby unikrunk on Thu May 25, 2006 3:22 pm

The Sword - Age of Winters

http://www.myspace.com/thesword

Blazing metal about hobbits, elves, and calling on the powers of old...
He can't' love you back...
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Next

Return to Music